PDA

View Full Version : The New Dragon Magazine?

Warka
2010-02-06, 02:59 PM
So, I used to enjoy getting Dragon Magazine, alot. But then the end of days came for that publication and I got a little bitter.

Well, my anger has passed, and I am curious to know what replaced Dragon?

I know that there is an online version, but I really enjoyed the whole "arriving in the mail" aspect. Is there something comparable out there, or am I doomed to the digital age? :smallfrown:

Thanks!

potatocubed
2010-02-06, 03:21 PM
Try Kobold Quarterly. I think the whole intention of that was to fill the hole that Dragon left behind.

Warka
2010-02-06, 03:52 PM
Hm, seems bit pricy, or maybe I am just out of touch. But I'll give it a shot, thanks!

Raiki
2010-02-06, 05:55 PM
I can't decide if I should second KQ or not. I suppose it depends on your taste. A friend of mine has a subscription, and she really likes it. I read it over and definitely enjoyed the first 2-3 issues. After that, though, they started filling almost half of the magazine with 4e material. I can't really see paying their prices for a magazine that I'm only going to use half of.

Though one good thing I will say is that KQ gives you a digital copy along with your magazine, so you never have to worry about losing it or destroying it.

I'd say it's a tossup really. Between the fact of only 15 pages or so of useful content, and the fact that the alternative is 0 pages of useful content...well, you can see the dilemma I'm sure.

(For the record, I'm a rather hardcore 3.5er, so if you play both editions ymmv.)

~R~