PDA

View Full Version : Things to do when you are sick!

Jae
2010-02-06, 04:17 PM
Hello, I am sick and running out of things to do!!

Honestly, I probably will be completely better by tomorrow and this thread won't help me much but maybe it can help somebody else when they're sick and they don't know what to do.

I just have a head cold so I'm not completely confined to bed but don't really have the energy to go out. I went out yesterday and now I'm sicker than I was then. =[ (btw Dear John is a horrible movie DO NOT SEE IT!) I was planning on hanging out with my boyfriend today but now don't feel like going over to his house so unless he decides to come over to mine, I will be dead of boredom before the days up.

No but really...everything in my dvr is now watched. I've been reading this book for class but it's terribly boring and tiresome... I've played all the games my iPhone has to offer...I'm drinking tea to soothe my sore throat which is really nice actually but anyways..
What are some creative/original things you do when youre sick and bored?? I'm curious!

Water-Smurf
2010-02-06, 04:25 PM
Well, try eating a teaspoon of honey. It's a natural anti-inflammatory.

And then mess around on the Internet. :> That's what I do. That and watching DVDs in bed.

DraPrime
2010-02-06, 04:27 PM
Listen to any music that you've been meaning to get around to. I find that sickness is a perfect time to catch up on bands that I've wanted to listen to for a long time, but never did.

xPANCAKEx
2010-02-06, 04:27 PM
read something enjoyable

Jae
2010-02-06, 04:28 PM
I don't think we have honey. I don't think I'VE ever even had honey haha.

That's a good idea actually dragonprime! I don't get a chance to listen to music much thanks!

Krade
2010-02-06, 04:31 PM
Hmm.... I have to think about this since it's been so long since I've been sick enough to get out of doing anything. I don't let colds slow me down and I couldn't call off work for one even if I wanted to.

That said, you're already doing one of them. The internet is the best time waster ever invented by Al Gore:smalltongue:.

You could pick up a webcomic addiction. Nothing like spending an entire weekend going through years of archives. If you already have a webcomic addiction, then maybe you could try feeding it more?

DraPrime
2010-02-06, 04:42 PM
I don't think we have honey. I don't think I'VE ever even had honey haha.

That's a good idea actually dragonprime! I don't get a chance to listen to music much thanks!

Always glad to help.

And you've never had honey? Well there's another thing you can do. Try honey for the first time. Do it!

Zeb The Troll
2010-02-06, 04:45 PM
What Krade said. I hear Sinfest has an eNORmous archive.

Coidzor
2010-02-06, 05:39 PM
I usually read. Or watch Let's Plays. Or sleep. I don't really like the cook, but I always get hungrier when I'm sick. Like my body needs more calories or something in order to heat itself up. Or due to sleeping I missed meals that my body needs to keep going despite the sickness inducing stasis.

Sick-stasis is an annoying thing I seem to run into a lot more frequently than other people, which is annoying.

Also, if you've never had honey, try it, you silly person you. Not experiencing the bounties of this world when they're laid out before you like so much platterware.

While it may not be an option, or of personal interest, apparently certain things can remind the immune system that it's got a job to do. Though no word on what happens when one is already sick and one attempts to spike it in that way.

Hazkali
2010-02-06, 06:21 PM
I got a bad cold a couple of weeks ago, which knocked me out over a weekend (just in time for work on Monday...). I curled up in bed, with hot orange squash and watched a series of M*A*S*H.

I've heard that brandy (or another strong spirit) is good for a sore throat because it'll be naturally antiseptic, however depending on your age or other factors that may not be appropriate.

Syka
2010-02-06, 06:27 PM
I enjoy playing mah jongg and listening to Pandora whilst I play.

Coidzor
2010-02-06, 06:48 PM
I've heard that brandy (or another strong spirit) is good for a sore throat because it'll be naturally antiseptic, however depending on your age or other factors that may not be appropriate.

This is pretty much what hot toddies are for. Lemon juice, hot water, and whiskey if I recall.

Krade
2010-02-06, 06:54 PM
I know what you could do! Order pizza online!

I just did this for the first time. It is awesome.

thubby
2010-02-06, 07:02 PM
play videogames, obviously :smalltongue:

Dragon queen
2010-02-06, 08:45 PM
When I am sick I put on my favorite music, have nice icy water, and try to think of what were to happen if you weren't sick. It really helps.:smallsmile: Also you could rent a movie onto your tv from netflix.

Felixaar
2010-02-06, 10:46 PM
Get better.

Ahurr-hurr-hurr.

I usually read and write, presuming my brain is not all cotton-wool. And if it is, I watch movies and bemoan my condition to whoever will not hurt my whilst I do so.