PDA

View Full Version : Did you know if you are a guy and join a Hello Kitty site you get 5 friend req in 20m

Pika...
2010-02-10, 01:27 PM
I am not sure if the community is small, if the Hello Kitty community as a whole is very friendly, or if the fact that I have only seen one other guy there (who seems as he could be of the LGBT community as well) had anything to do with it, but I found it funny since I have yet to get a friend request on facebook or myspace (I just add people I know IRL).

I even got some comments some of my items such as my Hello Reaper and my mini-fridge before I was even done with the albums.

Rutskarn
2010-02-10, 01:33 PM
Really?

Interesting.

Heh.

Hehe.

Hehaha.

Hehahaha!

HEHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

FoE
2010-02-10, 01:36 PM
Yeah, I'll get right on that.

*Rolls all four eyes*

reorith
2010-02-10, 01:37 PM
huh. this information will be quite useful in my plan...

Pika...
2010-02-10, 01:38 PM
Yeah, I'll get right on that.

*Rolls all four eyes*

I was not saying to do that unless you are a Hello Kitty fan. I just found it od and hilarious.

Innis Cabal
2010-02-10, 01:39 PM
This might, and call me crazy, be why you can't get a date.

I mean, I don't want to sound rude, but its hardly acceptable practice for a young adult/adult male to be on a Hello Kitty website or owning anything in any way, shape, or form related -to- Hello Kitty. In fact, if I didn't even have a clue from reading your other posts, I'd flag you as a pedo and move right along. Its just a little...disconcerting.

Flickerdart
2010-02-10, 01:46 PM
"This information may well be of use to you, Stalker." [/accent]

Quincunx
2010-02-10, 02:04 PM
C'mon, Innis Cabal, while this would be skeezy behavior from a guy that wasn't interested in the topic at hand, a) Pika's got an honest interest in cutesy franchises, sexual bits notwithstanding, b) he thinks much skeezier thoughts and then posts topics about them on a regular basis, and c) cutesy franchise followers are friggin' swarming bees when it comes to someone outside their norm trying to join them, and the first two points do not matter one bit to them!

Pyrian
2010-02-10, 02:08 PM
This might, and call me crazy, be why you can't get a date.Alternatively, it might be a good way for him to GET a date. :smallcool:

I mean, I don't want to sound rude, but its hardly acceptable practice for a young adult/adult male to be on a Hello Kitty website or owning anything in any way, shape, or form related -to- Hello Kitty. In fact, if I didn't even have a clue from reading your other posts, I'd flag you as a pedo and move right along. Its just a little...disconcerting.Whoa, dude. "Follow strict gender roles or you're a pedo"? That's what I'd call "unacceptable practice". :smallannoyed:

Sipex
2010-02-10, 02:12 PM
You guys do realise we're all on a site where we pretend to be high fantasy warriors who kill dragons...right?

We honestly have no right to judge.

At all.

Innis Cabal
2010-02-10, 02:14 PM
Whoa, dude. "Follow strict gender roles or you're a pedo"? That's what I'd call "unacceptable practice". :smallannoyed:

This isn't "Follow strict gender rolls". I did say I wasn't making that assumption in his case, having read other posts by him. But, regardless of gender, any male interested in toys and the community built around said toys aimed at little girls is a bit, as Quincunx put it, "skeezy". I don't see how thats an invalid assumption. If I saw an adult male in a store looking at Hello Kitty Paraphernalia, I'd be quite odded out. Not because it was a guy looking at toys, even toys for young girls, but because it was an adult male. Maybe thats a bit cynical but I'd feel the same way about an adult male looking at barbie dolls.

I'm not making accusations, I'm bringing up what others might think. It -is- unacceptable practice for adult males to persue such things merely because of the connotation it might very well hold. Maybe thats not fair, I'm not here to argue that point, but the reality is there. Men persuing little girls toys appear scuzy. Going on to online communities where presumably young girls go also looks suspect. In this case? Sure, its innocent. But, thats not going to keep people from thinking otherwise without knowing Pika, or other posters who are presumably there for innocent fun.

Pika...
2010-02-10, 02:17 PM

I mean, I don't want to sound rude, but its hardly acceptable practice for a young adult/adult male to be on a Hello Kitty website or owning anything in any way, shape, or form related -to- Hello Kitty. In fact, if I didn't even have a clue from reading your other posts, I'd flag you as a pedo and move right along. Its just a little...disconcerting.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f173/celestialkin/Gretchin%20forces/IMG_3630.jpg

I assume you shall be retracting that statement?

Nameless
2010-02-10, 02:17 PM
There’s a Hello Kitty fan site? *is secretly a Hello Kitty fan ‘>.>*

But, regardless of gender, any male interested in toys and the community built around said toys aimed at little girls is a bit, as Quincunx put it, "skeezy".

Hurray for contradicting yourself in one sentence!
Now that's an achievement! :smalltongue:

SurlySeraph
2010-02-10, 02:19 PM
Pika, I don't mean to sound annoyed, but would you mind keeping your life updates on the Relationship Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139746&page=13) or in Random Banter (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138879&page=46)?

Forever Curious
2010-02-10, 02:21 PM
You guys do realise we're all on a site where we pretend to be high fantasy warriors who kill dragons...right?

We honestly have no right to judge.

At all.

Agreed. Especially given a trend I've noticed for cross gender characters...:smalltongue:

Pika...
2010-02-10, 02:24 PM
There’s a Hello Kitty fan site? *is secretly a Hello Kitty fan ‘>.>*

Shhh...

Hurry up and get in the van.

http://hellokittyjunkies.ning.com/

It's the blue pill you're supposed to choose. >_>

Innis Cabal
2010-02-10, 02:26 PM
[CENTER][IMG]

No, it still holds odd and squicky social issues.

Pika...
2010-02-10, 02:27 PM
C'mon, Innis Cabal, while this would be skeezy behavior from a guy that wasn't interested in the topic at hand, a) Pika's got an honest interest in cutesy franchises, sexual bits notwithstanding, b) he thinks much skeezier thoughts and then posts topics about them on a regular basis, and c) cutesy franchise followers are friggin' swarming bees when it comes to someone outside their norm trying to join them, and the first two points do not matter one bit to them!

Hey!

I made this thread because I found this funny. Not because I am sleazy trying to pick up younger girls. :smallfrown:

Although, is C true? Not the not matter to them, but the that's why they like me part?

Sipex
2010-02-10, 02:28 PM
Agreed on the off comment that this should probably be a general banter thing though.

Pika...
2010-02-10, 02:28 PM
No, it still holds odd and squicky social issues.

But it's a hello kitty ork/gretchin looted tank!

golentan
2010-02-10, 02:31 PM
I feel the obligation to link. (http://www.kittyhell.com/)

Kinda random, I guess. I'm not a big fan of Hello Kitty, save maybe the infamous Hello Kitty assault rifle or Hello Kitty APC.

Also, BAD Innis Cabal. Too much jumping to conclusions. The biggest fan of hello kitty I know is 43 and married.

IsaacTheHungry
2010-02-10, 03:03 PM
Just So you know he is one of those who likes to collect or make odd and amusing things, like a light up LED DM hat, a hello kitty statue/mini-fridge, a pink famingo warhammer ork mech, Kobolds ate my baby figures, a beholder flash drive with a light up eye, a portible hardrive in a PS1 case. Lots of "slap yourself in the head" fun things... :smallbiggrin:

EDIT: Hello Kitty is has a huge selction of things that are simultaneously Amusing, cute, absurd, silly, and disturbing. A hard to find combination

Anima
2010-02-10, 03:08 PM
I found this picture (http://wikitravel.org/en/Image:135129610_f43d3c0d32_o.jpg) rather disturbing.
(It's SFW, but might rise a few eyebrows.)

Pika...
2010-02-10, 03:08 PM
Just So you know he is one of those who likes to collect or make odd and amusing things, like a light up LED DM hat, a hello kitty statue/mini-fridge, a pink famingo warhammer ork mech, Kobolds ate my baby figures, a beholder flash drive with a light up eye, a portible hardrive in a PS1 case. Lots of "slap yourself in the head" fun things... :smallbiggrin:

EDIT: Hello Kitty is has a huge selction of things that are simultaneously Amusing, cute, absurd, silly, and disturbing. A hard to find combination

Hey!

I am still waiting on that hat by the way Mr. Master Welder. :smallmad:

Quincunx
2010-02-10, 06:12 PM
. . .Although, is C true? Not the not matter to them, but the that's why they like me part?

It's not "like". It is a genial form of ganging up on you, immediately vetting you to see if you really belong there as a fan or whether you're something odder, and doing so through PMs because they (especially the younger and/or the ones who follow the cutesy franchises) like to conduct all conversations in a one-on-one setting out of politeness. No, that last bit doesn't wholly make sense to me either--I'd rather play to the audience. Once the novelty of having a guy around wears off, the PM volume will drop, and the ones that keep on talking with you will be not the gatekeepers and guardians but the ones that "like" you.

If your interest in Hello Kitty is anything like your interest in Pokemon, you belong there and will fit in just fine. Don't worry about the swarming, just don't mistake it for romantic interest.

CrimsonAngel
2010-02-10, 06:16 PM

I beg to differ. People I know couldn't care less, and if they did, i'd inform them she is a ninja in her spare time.

V for Victory
2010-02-10, 06:24 PM
Shhh...

Hurry up and get in the van.

http://hellokittyjunkies.ning.com/

It's the blue pill you're supposed to choose. >_>

I AM JOINING!!!!!

One question though: is hello kitty just a brand or is it a tv show or something?

Pika...
2010-02-10, 06:32 PM
It's not "like". It is a genial form of ganging up on you, immediately vetting you to see if you really belong there as a fan or whether you're something odder, and doing so through PMs because they (especially the younger and/or the ones who follow the cutesy franchises) like to conduct all conversations in a one-on-one setting out of politeness. No, that last bit doesn't wholly make sense to me either--I'd rather play to the audience. Once the novelty of having a guy around wears off, the PM volume will drop, and the ones that keep on talking with you will be not the gatekeepers and guardians but the ones that "like" you.

If your interest in Hello Kitty is anything like your interest in Pokemon, you belong there and will fit in just fine. Don't worry about the swarming, just don't mistake it for romantic interest.

Thank you greatly for the information. Explains a bit I guess.

I was not meaning "like" in a romantic way (and people ask why I sound so "clinical" with my terminology usually...). Just in a "he's/she's cool", "he's/she's interesting", or "he's/she's someone I would like to send a friend request to" way.

Eh. Once again the cruel lady dog known as life drops me down a notch. :smallamused:

Oh well. At the very least I now know what a girl/woman signing up to a geek forum experiences. :smallbiggrin:

Pika...
2010-02-10, 06:34 PM
I AM JOINING!!!!!

One question though: is hello kitty just a brand or is it a tv show or something?

There was an anime show I believe. Hit up Youtube and it should be there.

But there is Hello Kitty EVERYTHING minus a sun, moon, or planetoid in this solar system. Look on that site if you do not believe me.

Be sure to add me as a friend OK. :smallsmile:

Temotei
2010-02-10, 06:38 PM
This isn't "Follow strict gender rolls". I did say I wasn't making that assumption in his case, having read other posts by him. But, regardless of gender, any male interested in toys and the community built around said toys aimed at little girls is a bit, as Quincunx put it, "skeezy". I don't see how thats an invalid assumption. If I saw an adult male in a store looking at Hello Kitty Paraphernalia, I'd be quite odded out. Not because it was a guy looking at toys, even toys for young girls, but because it was an adult male. Maybe thats a bit cynical but I'd feel the same way about an adult male looking at barbie dolls.

I'm not making accusations, I'm bringing up what others might think. It -is- unacceptable practice for adult males to persue such things merely because of the connotation it might very well hold. Maybe thats not fair, I'm not here to argue that point, but the reality is there. Men persuing little girls toys appear scuzy. Going on to online communities where presumably young girls go also looks suspect. In this case? Sure, its innocent. But, thats not going to keep people from thinking otherwise without knowing Pika, or other posters who are presumably there for innocent fun.

Assumptions are made as a means to an end, not as an end without research. If you see a guy playing with Hello Kitty, maybe he's doing it so he can practice so when he's playing with his little girl, he doesn't suck at roleplaying a kitty, as opposed to a tiefling wizard with no concern for sentient life (redundant?).

randman22222
2010-02-10, 06:39 PM
There was an anime show I believe. Hit up Youtube and it should be there.

But there is Hello Kitty EVERYTHING minus a sun, moon, or planetoid in this solar system. Look on that site if you do not believe me.

Be sure to add me as a friend OK. :smallsmile:

I'm willing to bet there's an asteroid, or mid-sized orbital thingum named so, though...

EDIT: Couldn't find anything, but this (take with a grain of salt - Wikipedia, and I haven't checked the source yet)

As of August 2007, Thai police officers who have committed minor transgressions such as showing up late or parking in the wrong place are forced to wear Hello Kitty armbands for several days as penance.[20]

EDIT2: Source is BBC. Okay. Less salt needed. This is funny.

Temotei
2010-02-10, 06:46 PM
I'm willing to bet there's an asteroid, or mid-sized orbital thingum named so, though...

EDIT: Couldn't find anything, but this (take with a grain of salt - Wikipedia, and I haven't checked the source yet)

EDIT2: Source is BBC. Okay. Less salt needed. This is funny.

Ha. That's awesome. I'd deck mine out in black and red if I was Thai.

Pika...
2010-02-10, 06:48 PM
Assumptions are made as a means to an end, not as an end without research. If you see a guy playing with Hello Kitty, maybe he's doing it so he can practice so when he's playing with his little girl, he doesn't suck at roleplaying a kitty, as opposed to a tiefling wizard with no concern for sentient life (redundant?).

I played an adorable psionic kitty once. :smallbiggrin:

Temotei
2010-02-10, 06:58 PM
I played an adorable psionic kitty once. :smallbiggrin:

That makes me happy. :smallsmile:

Anyway, in the homebrew section, there's a huge thread dedicated to cats, kittens, kitties, and kitty cats. There's domains, classes, feats, prestige classes...

Pyrian
2010-02-10, 07:19 PM
This isn't "Follow strict gender rolls".You consider it unacceptable for men to have an interest in something you consider girly, and by your own statement flag such individuals as pedophiles out of hand. This is a clear and present case of social role enforcement, of the same kind used routinely against nerds and geeks of all stripes.

I did say I wasn't making that assumption in his case, having read other posts by him. But, regardless of gender, any male interested in toys and the community built around said toys aimed at little girls is a bit, as Quincunx put it, "skeezy". I don't see how thats an invalid assumption.You don't see how it's invalid to assume something is true for everyone (i.e., people you don't know), while simultaneously accepting that it's not true for Pika? That is a self-contradiction. (BTW, "...regardless of gender, any male..." is pretty funny. :smallbiggrin: )

I'm not making accusations, I'm bringing up what others might think.I have little respect for the infamous "but what will OTHERS think" dodge in the first place (it's invariably a thin cover for the author's own bias), but in your case you've made it abundantly clear that this is what YOU think is an unacceptable interest, anyway.

It -is- unacceptable practice for adult males to persue such things merely because of the connotation it might very well hold.This is a blatantly invalid connection. The fact that a criminal might pursue a given interest is absolutely no reason to assume that other people who hold that (entirely non-criminal) interest are criminals.

Maybe thats not fair, I'm not here to argue that point...An unfair social norm can morally be ignored or opposed. You are supporting it. As far as I can tell from your posts on this subject, you are for social enforcement of gender and age based standards of acceptable interests of entirely innocuous subject matter. You are, in fact, participating in it directly.

AtomicKitKat
2010-02-10, 08:52 PM
Speaking as someone who works in a store that sells Hello Kitty stuff(and I have bought a couple of things which I will probably give to some younger cousins and/or nieces), I see no problem with guys who come in looking for Hello Kitty stuff. Even if they're not accompanied by their wives/girlfriends. Heck, I know a 40-ish year old guy who comes in a few times each month looking for all kinds of miniature items, Hello Kitty or otherwise. Some people just like collecting this stuff.

Pika...
2010-02-10, 09:43 PM

However, I must say something about those who follow the "cutesy" franchises. Although most of the girls I have met/posted/was posted by are at least my age (most seem older), it is almost "hyper" in there. I am finding it hard to keep up in there. :smallsigh:

Coidzor
2010-02-10, 10:01 PM
There are two problems here. 1. being a fan of hello kitty.

2. how skeevy it is to be trolling for chicks on a hello kitty website. SKEEEEEEEEEEEeeeEEEEEEVYYYY....

Pika...
2010-02-10, 10:03 PM

2. how skeevy it is to be trolling for chicks on a hello kitty website. SKEEEEEEEEEEEeeeEEEEEEVYYYY....

I was not trying to troll for girls by joining that site. :smallfrown:

The Extinguisher
2010-02-10, 10:17 PM

Skeevy is such a weird word.

Kelb_Panthera
2010-02-10, 10:18 PM
While I have no interest in the little fuzzball myself, most of the people I know that are extraordinary hello kitty fans are grown women in their 20's or older.

Pika...
2010-02-10, 11:26 PM
Ooh...

I was messaged something neat:
http://hellokittyjunkies.ning.com/group/hellokittyguys

Male Hello Kitty Fans. Items and Issues about and for Male Hello Kitty fans.

Members: 25
Latest Activity: 1 second ago

I sent a friend request to the other male I said I saw, and he messaged me about this.

Coidzor
2010-02-10, 11:35 PM
I was not trying to troll for girls by joining that site. :smallfrown:

err... I meant, for us to do as you suggested. oops.

And I finally got to read through the thread completely. @_@ yargh

Tarnag40k
2010-02-11, 12:05 AM
We have guys that hang hello kitty off their tow hooks and pokemon ( I have a pikachu on my tib) and we don't get looked at like pedos....I don't get it.

Search pokemon JDM or Hello Kitty JDM, watch what you get.

Solaris
2010-02-11, 01:24 AM
Innis, just do what I should (and eventually) do when I've lodged my foot firmly in my mouth: Walk away from the thread and find somewhere to extract it while retaining my teeth.

I found this picture (http://wikitravel.org/en/Image:135129610_f43d3c0d32_o.jpg) rather disturbing.

You... There's a special place in hell for you. I need bleach and an ear-dropper.

LurkerInPlayground
2010-02-11, 01:30 AM

That is oddly specific information.

How do you even know all this?

golentan
2010-02-11, 02:29 AM

Aww, that's cute.

Fawkes
2010-02-11, 02:37 AM
Don't worry about the swarming, just don't mistake it for romantic interest.

Especially since the swarmers will have a median age of 12.

I sent a friend request to the other male I said I saw, and he messaged me about this.

http://instanttrap.com/trap.jpg (http://instanttrap.com/)

God I love that crazy squid man.

Pika...
2010-02-11, 02:39 AM
Especially since the swarmers will have a median age of 12.

Again, all the girls I have seen have been at least my age. Most are 29+ from what I can gather.

Fawkes
2010-02-11, 02:41 AM
Do I have to post Ackbar again?

Tarnag40k
2010-02-11, 02:44 AM
apparently so.

Seriously though I never really saw it as a pedophile deal.

Solaris
2010-02-11, 02:51 AM
Aww, that's cute.

You're sick, and I need more bleach.

Tarnag40k
2010-02-11, 02:55 AM

LOL, it's actually quite amusing.

**** it I'm replacing the pika with a hellokitty holding an AK47.

golentan
2010-02-11, 03:05 AM
You're sick, and I need more bleach.

I am not sick. I just see nothing wrong with people (or in this case anthropomorphic cartoon characters) tying themselves up, blindfolding themselves, and being hung from a wall recreationally.

Actually, I think I just described 4 out of my last 5 relationships.

Solaris
2010-02-11, 03:06 AM
I am not sick. I just see nothing wrong with people (or in this case anthropomorphic cartoon characters) tying themselves up, blindfolding themselves, and being hung from a wall recreationally.

>_<
The sound you just heard was my head exploding.

Coidzor
2010-02-11, 03:07 AM
Seriously though I never really saw it as a pedophile deal.

Indeed, but I'm kind of biased from prior knowledge about Pika's character so any possible pedo angle just wouldn't occur to me... but the connotation of any kind of search for hanky panky in connection with hello kitty just strikes me, on a deeply personal level, as bizarre. Mostly because I'm surprised anyone can muster up an erotic thought in the face of that sort of thing, and I fear that kind of personality matrix as some kind of alien thing that may or may not be a Lovecraftian horror like golentan(no offense man, but you seem to indicate that you are some flavor of lovecraftian critter half of the time).

So I was quite relieved to find out that I misinterpreted Pika's original post, I tell you what.

She is tied into the hivemind, after all. :smallwink:

It's kind of silly, I must admit. The worst part about it is the quality of the setup and the rest of the room's decor, really. I mean, seriously... Strawberries. Large. Plastic. Strawberries. :smallyuk: Barforama.

And hot pink just doesn't work on that piano, especially not with that magenta cushion on the piano bench. Not even going into the fact that those panties just aren't her at all. Would be better off with the color of the panties swapped with that of that cushion, actually.

SilverSheriff
2010-02-11, 03:08 AM
Do I have to post Ackbar again?

Once is never enough.

Solaris
2010-02-11, 03:08 AM
Indeed, but I'm kind of biased from prior knowledge about Pika's character so any possible pedo angle just wouldn't occur to me... but the connotation of any kind of search for hanky panky in connection with hello kitty just strikes me, on a deeply personal level, as bizarre. Mostly because I'm surprised anyone can muster up an erotic thought in the face of that sort of thing, and I fear that kind of personality matrix as some kind of alien thing that may or may not be a Lovecraftian horror like golentan(no offense man, but you seem to indicate that you are some flavor of lovecraftian critter half of the time).
Only half?

Bhu
2010-02-11, 03:25 AM
Hello Kitty started as a brand in 1974 (76 in the states), so it's not unusual that many of the fans are now well into their thirties (especially in Japan).

Liking it isn't any more unusual than any other fan obsession, although I will give the HK guys props: nothing is as relentlessly marketed as their brand. Nothing. I know rednecks with Hello Kitty assault rifles. Rednecks who are persistently homophobic. I'm thinking maybe they like the irony or something...

http://www.darkroastedblend.com/2007/07/tank-bling.html

Heck theres even tanks...

Theres also things some of you would find uber disturbing, and I'd love to post them but the mods would 'splode...(peek at oddee.com if you wanna see)

And I needs to finish work in the homebrewin' section...

Pika...
2010-02-11, 03:26 AM
Sigged.

I am not sure that is something to be sigging, but I take what I can get.

ps. Yeah, my reputation here is pretty bad. Might move on soon. :/

golentan
2010-02-11, 03:30 AM
But we love you. You can't just move on, that defeats the whole point of interpersonal relationships (which I regard GitP as training wheels for, at least in some cases).

Coidzor
2010-02-11, 03:36 AM
Sigged.

I am not sure that is something to be sigging, but I take what I can get.

ps. Yeah, my reputation here is pretty bad. Might move on soon. :/

You do know that was Golentan I was talking about, right? I wasn't calling you a lovecraftian horror. That would just be uncalled for, and I apologize if I gave you that feeling.

Mostly you seem to have a very strange life that is so far out of my range of experience that I wonder whether you ever get the urge to buy popcorn and sit down and watch some of the stuff that goes on in it.

Bhu
2010-02-11, 03:44 AM
http://www.gizmodiva.com/other_stuff/hello_kitty_beer_is_sure_to_catch_your_guys_attent ion.php

Yeah if you leave who will I post weird links for (see above link)

Quincunx
2010-02-11, 08:33 AM

Sisters.

(Yes, Solaris, there's something to be said for being concise. That something is invariably "I'm sorry, Quincunx, but I have no idea what you're talking about". So, using more words.)

Little sisters with very noisy, vocal, social friends, whose gatherings I stumbled into (hey, I lived there too--I am going to investigate that much noise at that hour :smallyuk:). By the tenth time some friend pulled me aside for a thirty-second chat with all the mannerisms of a police officer doing a traffic stop, I figured out why. 'Tis ok though. They're being bold to talk to potential-weirdo instead of just going by what someone else says.

Solaris
2010-02-15, 04:20 AM
Sisters.

(Yes, Solaris, there's something to be said for being concise. That something is invariably "I'm sorry, Quincunx, but I have no idea what you're talking about". So, using more words.)

Little sisters with very noisy, vocal, social friends, whose gatherings I stumbled into (hey, I lived there too--I am going to investigate that much noise at that hour :smallyuk:). By the tenth time some friend pulled me aside for a thirty-second chat with all the mannerisms of a police officer doing a traffic stop, I figured out why. 'Tis ok though. They're being bold to talk to potential-weirdo instead of just going by what someone else says.

Your speech patterns were never that much of a complaint.
... I still got it even without reading the explanation, so nyah.

bosssmiley
2010-02-15, 06:08 AM
So, I heard a rumour that Pika lost all self-respect at last? :smallconfused:

(BTW mate. You may want to post back your Man card. :smallwink: )

Trog
2010-02-15, 07:44 AM
*goes to store and makes a quick bulk purchase of Hello Kitty items with the sole intent of bringing them into this thread and tossing them at the assembled posters just to be amused at the reactions of either*

A) Diving for them like they were gold... or

B) Cringing/running away from them in a manner which seems to indicate that the very touch of these silly things will immediately cause sterility and cause one's genitals to fall off.

*TOSS!*

Besides... the little rubber erasers smell good enough to eat. *sniffs, shrugs, munches a handful of them and watches the rest of the chaos*

Starscream
2010-02-15, 10:26 AM
Hello Kitty is for girls.

...What?

Stop looking at my avatar like that!

I'll change it back to Deadpool or something when I have time to make a new one.

It's just that everyone said my Deadpool avatar looked like a hot dog, and this was the only other OOTS style artwork I've made.

It was for a girl, okay? She made me watch Lucky Star with her.

Geez, mention you like Haruhi and people assume you'll naturally be into anything else that Aya Hirano has done.

Oh, so I'm on trial for liking Haruhi now? I've seen about 20 of those SOS Brigade banners on this site. It's okay to like that show!

Anyway, I'm only using the Konata avatar until I can figure out how to make a good one for Lupin III.

...Because he has an odd shaped head, that's why. It doesn't translate well to the art style we use here.

I think I need a nap.

Solaris
2010-02-15, 02:07 PM

...What?

I'll change it back to Deadpool or something when I have time to make a new one.

It's just that everyone said my Deadpool avatar looked like a hot dog, and this was the only other OOTS style artwork I've made.

Geez, mention you like Haruhi and people assume you'll naturally be into anything else that Aya Hirano has done.

Oh, so I'm on trial for liking Haruhi now? I've seen about 20 of those SOS Brigade banners on this site. It's okay to like that show!

Anyway, I'm only using the Konata avatar until I can figure out how to make a good one for Lupin III.

...Because he has an odd shaped head, that's why. It doesn't translate well to the art style we use here.

I think I need a nap.

*Patpat*
It's okay. Just ignore the voices. Listening to them never ends well.

golentan
2010-02-15, 02:31 PM
*goes to store and makes a quick bulk purchase of Hello Kitty items with the sole intent of bringing them into this thread and tossing them at the assembled posters just to be amused at the reactions of either*

A) Diving for them like they were gold... or

B) Cringing/running away from them in a manner which seems to indicate that the very touch of these silly things will immediately cause sterility and cause one's genitals to fall off.

They'll cause genitals to fall off? MUST OWN ALL!!!

And listening to the voices has always worked for me, and see how well adjusted I am? MUAHAHAHA!!!!

Solaris
2010-02-15, 08:10 PM
They'll cause genitals to fall off? MUST OWN ALL!!!

And listening to the voices has always worked for me, and see how well adjusted I am? MUAHAHAHA!!!!

And the prosecution would like to present the above exhibit as evidence as to the fact that you may be well-adjusted, but that doesn't stop you from being one of the tentacled horrors that taunted Lovecraft.

Crispy Dave
2010-02-16, 01:23 AM
This information is useful to me for personal reasons.

Solaris
2010-02-16, 02:15 AM
This information is useful to me for personal reasons.

Skeevy reasons.

Crispy Dave
2010-02-16, 02:23 AM
Skeevy reasons.

>.>

I'm totally a lifelong fan of hello Kitty.

reorith
2010-02-16, 02:26 AM
>.>

I'm totally a lifelong fan of hello Kitty.

riiiight. and i have no clue where that journalist's body is buried...

that being said, my membership to hello kitty junkies is pending approval

Temotei
2010-02-16, 02:28 AM

...What?

I think I need a nap.

Huh. I know nothing. I thought that was someone from Sailor Moon, which I also know nothing of. :smallamused:

Thanatos 51-50
2010-02-16, 02:56 AM
Did somebody already link a picture of the Hello Kitty/Bondage themed BDSM Love Hotel?
Somebody already linked one.
:smallfrown:

The girlfriend likes Hello Kitty. I got used to the associated weirdness a long time ago.
Trust me when I say Hello Kitty is everywhere in Japan. There's even a Hello Kitty themed amusement park. I haven't been there, but I have access to some of the girlfriend's pictures of her visit.

It's everywhere.

Killer Angel
2010-02-16, 06:52 AM
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f173/celestialkin/Gretchin%20forces/IMG_3630.jpg

I redirect you to the Sisters of Battle (http://www.exlibrismortis.org/ExLibrisnewSistersArmy.html)!

If I saw an adult male in a store looking at Hello Kitty Paraphernalia, I'd be quite odded out. Not because it was a guy looking at toys, even toys for young girls, but because it was an adult male.

I'm not making accusations, I'm bringing up what others might think.

:smallyuk:
I, for example, would think "what a nice father, buying a little gift for his daughter".
Or "Cool! maybe he knows Katherine's work!"
Or "Bleurgh! Pucca is better".

See? Endless possibilities.

Solaris
2010-02-16, 11:57 AM
Did somebody already link a picture of the Hello Kitty/Bondage themed BDSM Love Hotel?
Somebody already linked one.
:smallfrown:

The girlfriend likes Hello Kitty. I got used to the associated weirdness a long time ago.
Trust me when I say Hello Kitty is everywhere in Japan. There's even a Hello Kitty themed amusement park. I haven't been there, but I have access to some of the girlfriend's pictures of her visit.

It's everywhere.

Well, yeah, but we expect Japan to be wacky. Doesn't reduce the mind-numbing horror of a Hello Kitty BDSM fetish, but it's still par for the course over there.

Thanatos 51-50
2010-02-16, 04:09 PM
Well, yeah, but we expect Japan to be wacky. Doesn't reduce the mind-numbing horror of a Hello Kitty BDSM fetish, but it's still par for the course over there.
The following content has been spoilerd. Although the words within are SFW, they may be seen as squicky to some. Tread cautiously.
The girlfriend wants to go there. And utilize it in its intended manner.
I assume the primary reason it has yet to happen is that I make a horrible dom.
It is here I feel the need to point out that said girlfriend is 23 - two years my senior.

Solaris
2010-02-16, 04:21 PM
The following content has been spoilerd. Although the words within are SFW, they may be seen as squicky to some. Tread cautiously.
It is here I feel the need to point out that said girlfriend is 23 - two years my senior.

My brain melted. I hope you're happy.

Thanatos 51-50
2010-02-16, 04:27 PM
My brain melted. I hope you're happy.

Absurdly so.

Pika...
2010-02-17, 06:48 AM

I envy you so much.

Japanese girl to boot I imagine? :smallfrown:

ps. Although, I would love a dom girl instead.

Thanatos 51-50
2010-02-17, 04:41 PM
I envy you so much.

Japanese girl to boot I imagine? :smallfrown:

Australian, actually. :smallbiggrin: She's a switch, and I'd be an even more horrible sub

Anima
2010-02-17, 05:03 PM
If I saw an adult male in a store looking at Hello Kitty Paraphernalia, I'd be quite odded out. Not because it was a guy looking at toys, even toys for young girls, but because it was an adult male.

I'm not making accusations, I'm bringing up what others might think.

I, for example, would think "what a nice father, buying a little gift for his daughter".
Or "Cool! maybe he knows Katherine's work!"
Or "Bleurgh! Pucca is better".

See? Endless possibilities.

That would depend on the toy (http://moesucks.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/hello-kitty-vibrator-pinkthumbnail.jpg), wouldn't it?

Solaris
2010-02-17, 08:44 PM
That would depend on the toy (http://moesucks.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/hello-kitty-vibrator-pinkthumbnail.jpg), wouldn't it?

>_<
I'm going to my happy place. It doesn't have you people in it.

Reinholdt
2010-02-17, 09:35 PM
I don't care how old you are or what gender. IT'S KITTIES!! :smallbiggrin:

Though I'm not really as big a fan of Hello Kitty as one would imagine, so I'm not joining the site.

absolmorph
2010-02-18, 12:43 AM

Sounds like a fun time.

Pocketa
2010-02-18, 01:46 AM
It depends on the site. Maybe it's just really active? You don't have a control to compare against, do you?

A friend of mine was in the beta for the HKO MMO and got tons of requests quickly as well. And that was somebody the game was targeted towards.

The Extinguisher
2010-02-18, 01:52 AM
Skeevy reasons.

Can we stop using that word, as a group, please.

Something about it just sounds so... skeevy.
Great. Now I'm doing it too.

I hope you're happy.

Pocketa
2010-02-18, 01:56 AM
Can we stop using that word, as a group, please.

Something about it just sounds so... skeevy.
Great. Now I'm doing it too.

I hope you're happy.

I love the word and will continue to use it.

There is definitely initial awkwardness when members of a group that aren't within a sites demographic start to join it. i.e. when Facebook went public, not only college students were accessing it, but older (and younger) people were as well, and it was sort of weird to add your mom or younger sister to your friend list. When World of Warcraft was less casual, it was awkward to allow n00bs into your guild, because there used to be standards.

Coidzor
2010-02-18, 01:56 AM
...just... just saw the sex toy link and the sisters of battle link in rapid succession... (http://jaekyu.deviantart.com/art/Exterminatus-73279281)

Bhu
2010-02-18, 03:06 AM

Theres a USB powered one too I think...saw it while fooling around on oddee

Bhu
2010-02-18, 03:07 AM
I don't care how old you are or what gender. IT'S KITTIES!! :smallbiggrin:

Fluffy bless you