PDA

View Full Version : Describe the most booped up dream you ever had

Grey Paladin
2010-02-11, 01:46 PM
I just had mine.

I was a Mosquito Princess in a huge human-sized marble hall. I lived a good life but then I was told the 'palace' was under attack and I had to flee. I ran away with my (mosquito) servant as some kind of a 'force' destroyed the palace (and, I knew, the civilization!). I did not see what that 'force' was because I did not dare to look back - it was by far the most terrifying dream I ever had.

Eventually the servant and I reached a floating platform which we knew as an elevator - it did not lead anywhere, and as we were flying there was absolutely no reason to use it yet we knew that to keep on we must do so. The servant told me he shall delay the force while I take the elevator - I told him not to but he pushed my tearful self up the platform and stood his ground. as I reached up I saw a flash of light (didn't actually ever look back, though) and knew he has died.

I kept fleeing down the hall until I ran into The God of Mosquitos - a pale tall human-sized figure in long dark-blue robes with the face of an any-eater and long red eyes. I rage over the death of my people (and especially the servant) I assaulted him and stated I shall kill him. He told me I should not fight my fight, and that the purpose of Mosquitos is to die to The Force. As I continued to tear up his right cheek with some odd symbol he sounded confused and kept asking me why am I attacking my maker and oppose my people's destiny, sounding genuinely confused.

Then he turned into my (IRL) mother and asked me if I hate her - I stopped attacking and he swatted and crushed me, taking his old form.

What. the. hell.

Lord Blace
2010-02-11, 01:50 PM
Vampire dream:
So, I was, for some reason or another, recruited to this elite squad whose sole task was to find and destroy Dracula. We chased him all over the world. We eventually got him onto a van. Or rather I managed to sneak on a van he was on. Anyways, it was day time, but the windows were heavily tinted. I managed to open the van's side door and force part of him out. Unfortunately vampires in my head don't just poof into dust. They burn really, really slowly. So the guys in another van that was chasing us pull out a turret and try to shoot at Dracula while he's burning. Something happens and the van crashes.
I "wake up" in the wreckage to my bones fixing themselves in an extremely painful way. Dracula had apparently made me a vampire, saying his reason was that he oh-so-enjoyed watching "heroes" fall. And then he lead me to a suburban area by saying, "Stop me, if you can!" The first thing he did was slaughter and drink the blood of two deer from a nearby woods and flung them in a very grotesque way into a man's trees. I could do nothing but cower behind a vehicle, realizing the whole van thing had simply been because he LET me do that. That this must all be part of some crazy plan.
But even though I was a vampire, I had retained my personality. And a new sudden realization was that the master vampire hunter of our squad (apparently akin to how famous Van Hellsing is) really just wanted Dracula to turn him into a vampire, and was fudging the turret shots on purpose. And Dracula knew this too. It's why he didn't fear the squad. But elite guy had already fallen, so it wouldn't be any fun to turn him. So then Dracula turned his attention to a rather nice large house across the street. He entered in, screams could be heard for almost a half hour before police arrived. Dracula had abandoned me to see what I would do. Hellsing arrived with the police. And it was only 20 or so minutes until dawn. They immediately saw the mangled and disfigured deer in the trees. One officer threw up. Then they saw me behind the vehicle parked on the side of the street. They began asking me questions, Hellsing immediately recognized what I was, but only eyed me. Sun rise was getting closer and closer. I said I was a night owl and that I really couldn't possibly answer any questions coherently right now. They insisted that it would only take a few minutes and started walking me to the big house.
Sunrise. It burned like an extremely intense sunburn, and it was getting worse. I could feel my skin burning away slowly. I ran for the house. Ran for the shade. The police followed, as did Hellsing. None of us, save Hellsing, were prepared to see what had happened to that family. Apparently they were having some party or something because there were a lot of mangled dead bodies. And a lot of blood. Dracula had apparently only drank a little from each of them, letting the rest spill on the floor or on furniture. It was a grotesque sight. The police freak out, one pulls a gun on me and shouts for the other to investigate.
I am being yelled at. Questions like, "How?!" and "Why did you do this?!" While he ignored my "It wasn't me!" He exclaimed how that everyone was dead and it was I who had committed such horror. As he said that, his partner could be heard saying "Not everyone is dead." in the most ghastly tone I have ever heard.
We went to see what he was talking about. In the room were three people stirring from onconsciousness. They each were impaled by many shallow little prongs, arranged in pairs and connected to wires that lead out of the window. The flashlights were waking the victims up. They saw the police and Hellsing and ran at them, half of the prongs being pulled out because the wires were too short to allow movement. I realized too late: Grounding wires. As the victims embraced their would-be heroes, it must've felt like being hugged by lightning.
A second later the house's power went dead, and 6 smoking corpses lay at my feet. I was horrified. Dracula stepped out of the shadows. I asked him why. He said because he wanted to show me what I am capable of, what I WILL do. I told him he failed, I kept my personality, that I would never do anything like that and that I will find a way to destroy him. He said, "Poor, simple boy. Every vampire keeps their mind. It is the slow workings of immortality that will drive you insane. And when that moment comes, I will be there to drink in the mayhem with you..." and then he was gone, disappeared in the same shadows he appeared in.
Edit- Also, from Mauve: Mauve's Dream Blog (http://dreamlogincolor.blogspot.com/)

Grey Paladin
2010-02-11, 01:56 PM
Dreams like ours kind of make me hope there is no actual meaning to them..

Icewalker
2010-02-11, 02:00 PM
I don't really...dream. Although I've begun experimenting with dreaming while kind of conscious by instigating a theta wave state....but, anyways.

There is one dream which I remember from a long time ago, I think I was in 8th grade. I was walking down a street near my house, saw a couple of people racing pigs across the street (which were dragging bags of garbage), and the pigs were dressed up about halfway between bald eagle and American flag. I continued down past and ran into two friends of mine who were my age, but in the dream one was a year older the other a year younger. That was pretty much it.

Grey Paladin
2010-02-11, 02:02 PM
You.. don't dream? how is that possible? I thought it was scientific consensus that everyone dream.

Castaras
2010-02-11, 02:05 PM
You.. don't dream? how is that possible? I thought it was scientific consensus that everyone dream.

Probably more that he doesn't remember any dreams. :smallsmile:

The Dark Fiddler
2010-02-11, 02:05 PM
I think Icewalker means to say that he can never recall his dreams. I have the same problem.

Although of the few I do remember, the weirdest has to be one I had just recently; the Crack Pairings Thread had gotten so large that the mods kicked us off the forum, so I created a whole forum for it. And it was successful. :smallconfused:

Icewalker
2010-02-11, 02:12 PM
Yeah, I know about the whole people still dream but don't remember, but I think there's also some measure of different degrees of activity during REM/Theta sleep. Still, it's an issue of not remembering more than not dreaming, yeah, but, effectively the same.

Prime32
2010-02-11, 03:16 PM
*Waits for Fri to post*

Anonomuss
2010-02-11, 03:24 PM
I think the oddest dream I've had involved me going on a date with a girl I absolutely adored, but as the date progressed she kept a running tally on whether or not it was a "prudent" choice to be with me. The date progressed, restaurant, movie, theme park etc. All the while she ran numbers on potential long term wages, employment prospects and her personal feelings. Ultimately she felt she'd be better with a Doctor, and then, I woke up.

Feeling oddly... contented. Perhaps because the girl IRL is nothing of that sort what so ever (At least to my knowledge).

Cubey
2010-02-11, 03:33 PM
Describing my dream would probably get me an infraction for excessive and graphic imagery. Damn... just thinking about it is painful.

Linkavitch
2010-02-11, 03:41 PM
Alright. My dream was a new Zelda game. Ganon attacks hyrule castle, you send send Zelda to live with her father's supposed friends, these seven dwarves who live in this cottage in the woods. I drove off Ganon, (me being Link) and went to get Zelda, only to find her gone, and me having to fight all seven dwarves in their fortresses to get her back. Kinda Zelda, SMB3, and Snow White smooshed into one.

Prime32
2010-02-11, 04:01 PM
Alright. My dream was a new Zelda game. Ganon attacks hyrule castle, you send send Zelda to live with her father's supposed friends, these seven dwarves who live in this cottage in the woods. I drove off Ganon, (me being Link) and went to get Zelda, only to find her gone, and me having to fight all seven dwarves in their fortresses to get her back. Kinda Zelda, SMB3, and Snow White smooshed into one.I'd play it.

Starscream
2010-02-11, 04:17 PM
The following story is a true, if very silly, half dream half hallucination:

I had a minor surgery and was on painkillers, and something to treat a fever I had developed. I drifted in and out of consciousness in front of some sort of movie channel on TV after returning home.

First Scarface was on, followed by Romancing the Stone. Due to my being only sporadically awake, drugged up, and feverish I didn't notice when one movie ended and the other began. So they became one rather bizarre movie, which suddenly became real.

It wasn't until almost an hour after the second movie was over that I regained enough of my senses to realize that I didn't need to somehow track down Michael Douglas' phone number and warn him that Al Pacino wants to kill him.

Incidentally, I now have an interesting idea for a screenplay...

TSGames
2010-02-11, 04:26 PM
I've begun experimenting with dreaming while kind of conscious by instigating a theta wave state....but, anyways.

I thought I was the only one....

Anyway, I'd love to contribute to the thread, but I'm not sure how to do it. I've died in several dreams, and seen things more disturbing than in any movie, but as my dreams tend to lack coherency, I'm not sure how I could possibly relay them in any way that would even form complete sentences.

Unrelated though, I've been working on remembering/controlling my dreams, and I can now remember 5 or 6 per night. Hopefully, I can finally achieve lucidity, as I seem to be about the only person I know who has never had a lucid dream.

Kuma Da
2010-02-11, 04:29 PM
Most screwed up dream? :smallbiggrin:

...so, my friend and I are exploring this mansion and there's someone trying to kill us. We go down into the basement, where there's these narrow mining tunnels, and we're crawling through them when I hear something hissing. I think "oh noes! Snakes with dynamite in their mouths!" and then I wake up.

Temotei
2010-02-11, 04:37 PM
I just had a repeat dream with updated friends and a different person not being there to die.

Okay. In...9th grade, I had a dream about having to fight everyone in the school. I prevail easily due to my fists and legs pumping out fire whenever I punch and kick. The principal of the junior high comes up to protect everyone, and I tear him apart. Like...gory. :smallcool:

I killed everyone in the school except one of my best friends, who I tortured by locking to the wall with electricity (kind of like arc lightning in Infamous, but this was before I'd even heard of the game, and before it came out) and burning slowly, then healing, then repeating. It was quite wicked.

Same thing in the recent dream, except without the special powers. I was pure unarmed fighting machine. I broke windows by kicking them and throwing my friends' heads into them. Again with the adults protecting the children. One of my friends (the tortured one) got a particularly gruesome death from me grabbing him, throwing him against a wall, me rushing up and grabbing his neck and smashing his head into the glass window, breaking it, then throwing him off the ledge outside into the snow, where he lay broken, but alive. Then I threw his backpack on top of him and another friend with a backpack into another window, where I broke his fingers and hands, then tossed him off on the other friend.

:smallsigh: I'm not a violent person in the least.

Grey Paladin
2010-02-11, 05:10 PM
Anyway, I'd love to contribute to the thread, but I'm not sure how to do it. I've died in several dreams, and seen things more disturbing than in any movie, but as my dreams tend to lack coherency, I'm not sure how I could possibly relay them in any way that would even form complete sentences.

Is a Mosquito princess fighting her God any more incoherent than your dreams? give it a try.

Lorn
2010-02-11, 05:41 PM
This dream happened around Christmas 2008. A bit of background is needed - back then, I was ill. Very ill. As in, "stuck in bed, hallucinating, sleeping 18-20 hours a day, unable to move due to massive pain, insane headache, sweating constantly, dehydrated, so weak I couldn't even get out of my room without assistance from someone else, incapable of speaking coherently, unable to swallow easily."

So, the dream.

Now, it was really lucid. I could feel everything, it was detailed.

It was basically a week of real-time. Through this week, I went to 6th form as per normal. Went to lessons, hung out with friends and so on.

Except, when I got home, every night I would remove an internal organ.

Liver, kidney, lungs, intestines, heart. The heart was definitely last, but beyond that I can't remember the exact order.

I'd just pick up a billhook or a knife, make a slit into my torso, reach in, and rip one of these bits out.

There'd be no pain. Not a lot of blood.

But the next day, when I woke, I'd feel... empty. Like I wasn't all there. Hollow, as if I was missing something so fundamentally important to my very being that I wasn't actually Phil anymore. More and more through removing each organ.

I didn't actually want to remove any of them. It just.. happened, as if compelled to do so. Couldn't stop myself. I'd just cut into myself, deeply, reach in, rip organ out, wrap it ever so carefully in kitchen towel, and hide it in my room.

Every day, in the dream, I'd hope against hope that nobody I knew would realise that I was slowly becoming a husk, an empty shell of a human bearing only a surface resemblence to any of the others.

And then, eventually, I removed my heart and the dream ended.

It felt so.. real.. that I literally patted myself down, looking for holes or gashes.

Incredibly disturbing when it happened. Mostly due to the fact that I had total control of every single thing that I did aside from the organ removal.

Eldritch Knight
2010-02-11, 07:06 PM
Most screwed up dream? I've had one that made me wake up in dry heaves because of how..... outside my realm of experience it was. Describing it any detail is out of the question due to the nature of the dream, but suffice to say, as far as I know, it may not have actually been a dream of mine. I have reason to believe that it was a flashback to a repressed memory of someone close to me. That's all I need to say about it, but trust me, if you ever experience something like this, its VERY unnerving.

Ponce
2010-02-11, 08:00 PM
The Technocratic Union had come to get me. Fortunately, I had no small amount of dynamite strapped to my chest, hooked up to a dead man switch.

Lord Blace
2010-02-12, 12:42 AM
Oh, I also have a recurring nightmare where I'm forced back to high school because I am apparently missing a couple of essential credits.
Horrifying.
The last one even forced some of my friends back into high school too. One didn't even attend this particular school. :smalltongue:

thorgrim29
2010-02-12, 02:49 AM
****ed up dreams..... When I was little I used to dream that my family turned into monsters and wanted to eat me, but nowadays I rarely remember dreams, and when I do it's only for half an hour or so. Besides, they're not really interesting, mostly my life, only a bit more.... everything really. More friends, more fun stuff, more girls (not that that's hard......), just more. That or weird sci fi dreams or dreams when I'm in a book I just read.

Seffbasilisk
2010-02-12, 11:37 AM
Is it bad that I'm reading these, and having ideas of how to bring them into the game I currently run?

Anyway, far from the most booped up dream I've ever had, but when I was little, around 3 or 4, I had a nightmare, which I later found out my sister had had the identical twin to, completely independantly.

A monster, generic, horns leathery skin and all, simply takes a can opener (the old metal ones with the rounded loop at one side, and the pointed bit on the other, that our father used for opening the big ol' cans of juicy juice with) and opens my skull up, thunking a hole for pouring in the right frontal lobe, and a hole to let the pressure equalize behind my left ear. Then I'd get to wiggle free, and run, trying not to leak too much, until he caught up and began to drink from my skull, me feeling all of it, terrified, squirming and trying to fight, only to have each drop sucked out, and my entire brain liquified to be consumed. Towards the end, my thought processes run slower and slower, until it's just "pain" and "move".

Miklus
2010-02-12, 01:10 PM
Oh, I also have a recurring nightmare where I'm forced back to high school because I am apparently missing a couple of essential credits.
Horrifying.

I get that one too! Sometimes it is University or even regular school.

I also had a dream where I was struck by lightning and died. First the corner of the room turned bright white, then I was completly blinded and then I realized that I must have died. I wondered if my cat was OK.

Another time, I was about to wake up, but my soul had not returned to it's correct position. It was stuck a bit off-centre and had not quite clicked into place. It was the most uncomfortable feeling *ever*.

TheBST
2010-02-12, 01:31 PM
I seem to have lots of dreams where someone's trying to kill me:

-Zombies armed with butcher knives
-A 50ft tall robot wearing a crown.
-A sniper at a public swimming pool.

I do not want to know what a psychiatrist would make of this.

bibliophile
2010-02-12, 02:49 PM
This one's actually fairly recent. You know the old movie, Bride of Frankenstein?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvuXucYrxbY&feature=related

Well the Bride in question had just been made and was going to marry me. I wasn't Frankenstein('s monster), he didn't even seem to be in this dream. And that was it.

Weird, but not unpleasant.

Ormagoden
2010-02-12, 02:53 PM
Is it bad that I'm reading these, and having ideas of how to bring them into the game I currently run?

A very large amount of good fiction literature starts it's like as a dream.
Stephen King and Clive Barker for instance.

No sense in wasting a resource! I use dreams as monsters If I get the chance. Recently I created a Devil general in my homegame, he's sheated in crackling blue fire that is ice cold. Has two lances grafter where his hands should be and is garbed in furious looking black iron full plate riding a steed made up of barding and blue fire. (just a level 31 uber charger :D) But damn I know my player's will boop when they see it.

I seem to have lots of dreams where someone's trying to kill me:

-Zombies armed with butcher knives
-A 50ft tall robot wearing a crown.
-A sniper at a public swimming pool.

I do not want to know what a psychiatrist would make of this.

You're under a large amount of mental stress.

My dream:

Without getting insanely graphic about 4-5 days ago I had a dream that a very young girl gave birth to one of the babies from Dead space on the new jersey shore.

Falconer
2010-02-12, 07:19 PM
Here is something that regularly happens to me, and I find it annoying. I usually try to wake up early, but consistently fail (I'm not a morning person). So I'll wake myself up for a moment, think about how I'll go do something like, say, shower, and then think "eh...another five minutes" and go back to sleep. Then I'll dream about getting up and showering.

Then I'll wake up fifteen minutes later. Foiled again.:smallmad:

Bhu
2010-02-12, 09:59 PM
Most of my dreams would be considered high octane nightmare fuel to other people, and describing some might get me banninated. lemme try to think of one that isnt graphic..

Krade
2010-02-13, 02:24 AM
I always thought that it was good that I don't usually remember my dreams. If I could, they would probably give me nightmares.

The scariest ones that will wake me up and keep me from falling back to sleep or moving or looking around are always about aliens. For some reason, nothing I dream about is more mind-bogglingly terrifying than aliens.

The weirdest one I can think of that I remember any part of was... weird (for lack of a better word:smalltongue:). All I remember is that I was looking for my friend's old house (they haven't lived there since... '97 or so?). I was in the general area but couldn't quite figure out where I was going. Then I some how manage to stumble upon a whore house (which looked amazingly similar to a regular apartment building), felt vastly uncomfortable, asked some people directions, and went outside to find that the sky was crooked! I have never figured out how to describe this in a way that makes sense. It was like... the horizon was still where it should be, like this --, and the sky was slanted, like this \. It almost hurt to look at. Then I woke up.

Lyesmith
2010-02-13, 05:14 AM
I can remmeber about 4 of my dreams. The two competing for most booped up are the one where I am given an essay to write (themes of education in 1984 and Wuthering Heights), sit down, and write it. I then hand it in to my english teacher, and later in the canteen having a disucssion with some freinds, she walks by and is 30 feet tall, stomping and breathing fire. But she stops to say hello, and is generally amiable.

The second one is where my mother randomly shows up on the doorstep, explaining that she faked her death. I woke up and was like, wtf? I was understandably upset in dream-land, though.

Elm11
2010-02-13, 05:37 AM
Well, i've got one where i'm around the hogwarts school campus, and there's some beast (ends up being kinda like a 40k lictor) terrorizing the kids, and it keeps killing them if they stray away from main bodies. Anyway, i'm with someone who is my friend, (i guess) and we're using that random map to see where people are. Suddenly, we see a set of footsteps dissapear, then a few more, and realize that the danger is coming closer. so we move to the grifindoor common room, and we set up a defensive perimiter with machine guns (from somewhere) on all the doors. I order in pickup, and we hold position. a minute later, the doors burst open and huge numbers of headcrabs and termagaunts rush through. we all open fire, and in the confusion, i see most of the people die.

Suddenly, a Halo Pelican smashes through the wall, and we try to clamber on. In the end, only me and the fireteam onboard the pelican make it on, and the rest are killed by the swarm. i see the lictor jumping at the ship, but it misses and falls to it's death. then, for some reason, i calmly draw my Combat knife, and quietly execute the fire team, without any of them noticing (somehow). then i turn into a lictor, enter the cockpit and kill the pilots. the Pelican (which has changed into a star wars gunship O.o) crashes. and at the end of the dream i was slinking away from the wreakage.

Lol wut?