PDA

View Full Version : Davy Jones: Eat Your Heart Out (In-Character--Group 1)



Temotei
2010-02-13, 02:07 AM
The winds of the high seas greet your faces--the faces of pirates. Buccaneers, privateers, and criminals are all other names for you, but your cause does not change.

The world, although in a state of discord by average society's standards, is a good place to be for a pirate. Trade by sea has become the biggest and best way to keep up with the economy because of general warfare on land. Several port cities have been under siege from many different factions for over a year, with a few still untouched. Barbarians, other cities, and even certain monsters have been attacking these ports in an attempt to expand, live a better life, or to simply kill.

As pirates, you are hardly affected--and you most likely hardly care--by what is going on on land. As long as the actual ports are not attacked or destroyed, your profession is not in danger. In fact, as long as these wars rage, your profession is fueled more than usual. Trade ships have been constantly sent out to get supplies from those ports that are not under siege. The waters have hardly a drop uncovered by the wood of ships.

As you sail along with the wind guiding your ship, the Highwind, you come across yet another trade vessel. The man in the crow's nest calls out you and the rest of the crew. A new flag raises on your mast, indicating your status as pirates, and your hope for their surrender instead of their needless deaths.

A flag raises on the opposing ship indicating their need for combat to stop them. No force is used, however. That is left to you, if you choose to use it.

OoC: Map of the ship will come tomorrow.

Lifeson
2010-02-13, 02:43 AM
A tiny red-headed halfling was standing out on the fo'c'sle when she saw the other ship coming. It hadn't been long since she became one of the few, if not only, source of arcane power on the ship...a place she surmised was only available to her because no one better had come along. She could do a few things: mend broken sails and wood, haul her weight around the ship, cook a little when the need called, and fire some offensive power into a fight. Still, it provided the opportunity to let her skills and power grow while making some coin along the way. Not a bad way to make a living, really.

The rest of the hired crew were a strange folk too. The Catfolk that towered over damn near everyone, that intelligent jaguar, and that gnome. They had all just gotten to know each other, but time would tell if things got any better.

The sight of the ship, and the sure-to-be-ensuing battle shook Serenity out of her reverie as she made sure all her daggers were loose in their various sheathes. After making sure things were ship-shape, she flexed her fingers in mixed anticipation and distaste. Though she did tell herself that these merchants were probably greedy bastards out to make a quick coin to make herself feel a little better though.

whoiam
2010-02-13, 08:12 AM
A large... large... black cat had been doing what cats do during the daytime - finding some comfortable space and resting in it. She was joined in this particular quest by a short (~1m) length of ship's rope, which she had been idly gnawing on and unpicking with her foreclaws in turns.

It was good to have a hobby. And she doubted the little halfling would appreciate being gnawed on...

...but then the alarm was sounded. Valarka rose lazily to her feet, and padded silently up onto the deck.

"Another defiant merchantman? Well, it won't hurt to pick up some more fresh meat. If we get close enough I'll leap over and try to eat their captain. People usually start surrendering when I bite through someone's skull. Or screaming."

Averagedog
2010-02-13, 10:12 AM
Randor, the catfolk that apparently towers over everyone, was re-arranging his tarot cards, which were in pretty bad shape, when he heard the alarms. He expertly swept the cards from the deck with one hand and neatly stuffed them in their small box before secreting it in his robes. Randor stood up from his usual spot, behind several secured large barrels, revealing his Russet Red leather armor half hidden beneath an open Blue/dark green robe he wears over it. The colors of his clothing appear to clash with the color of his fur, which is gray streaked with black stripes, and his eyes which are a piercing gold. The hairs on his head are also black but much longer in length than the fur that covers his body.

Randor reaches into a pocket in his robes and pulls out his holy symbol of Valkur and wears it around his neck. He then makes sure his Cutlasses are secured on his belt and within easy reach if need be.

He saw Valarka a moment later and said, "We don't always have to kill someone to fight merchants into submission. Sometimes words themselves are enough to persuade folk into non violent surrender. Sailors of the sea don't need to die needlessly, Valkur protects everyone that wants it in these hostile waves."

Lifeson
2010-02-13, 05:37 PM
Noting the catfolk fortune telling talking to himself about the ethics of his new chosen job, she smirks as she walks up to him. Slightly to prep him for the battle that was about to ensue, but mostly...

"Randor, right?" she asks, just make sure she had the guy's name right, "You know, if you're worried about taking lives all of a sudden, I think you're in the wrong line of work."

He really was.

Did he not notice that this was a pirate ship?

Still, not to be overtly cold on the first couple days and alienate herself from everyone, she backed up her words, "Since most merchants like this are only in it for the money, regardless of how they get it, we shouldn't have any issues if it comes to violence. It might even persuade them to think otherwise, even."

Temotei
2010-02-13, 06:19 PM
Stow yer bellyachin', son. Our little anti-bad luck charm here be tellin' the truth. We be pirates, and pirates we be.

Looking at the pirate speaking, you see the captain of the ship, Grant Urbek. He never did like being called by name, though. Nowadays, he just goes by his title--cap'n o' the Highwind. His obsidian hair is covered by a large captain's hat. His skin is quite tan from all the sun he gets on the seas. A slight sunburn shows on his left cheek. Over his eyes is a large scar from a previous ship battle, where he fought the infamous pirate Ysgard Urbek--his brother. In the end, he prevailed, taking his older sibling's treasure and life, putting a stop to his tyrannical reign of the seas.

We be taking this ship. Move up!

A few of the crewmembers throw grappling hooks over the edge toward the now-near trade vessel. The two ships come so close it seems as if they'll crush each other, but then each ship starts to part a little--but not enough to prevent the crew from jumping over.

The pirates leap over onto the ship, where several merchants pull their small weapons out of their sheathes. The pirates laugh at the merchants while pulling their own cutlasses and various weapons out of their scabbards. The captain himself looks down at Serenity and Randor, shakes his head a bit, chuckling, then leaps to the other ship as well.

No bloodshed until I give the orders!

whoiam
2010-02-13, 06:32 PM
OOC: If it's close enough the pirates can easily make the jump, I'm assuming Valarka doesn't even need to roll

Valarka had a system prepared for this sort of situation. Jumping across when the ships first came together, the Jaguar started a low, sustained growl deep in her throat. After a moment to see if any of the defenders were brave enough to rush her, she'd start stalking backwards along the ship - her destination being the wheel, where she'd be in perfect position to eat anyone trying to engineer an escape.

Of course, if anyone tried to stop her along the way... well, that's what the teeth were for. Also the pirate crew.

Tackyhillbillu
2010-02-13, 06:59 PM
Amar sighed. He'd been taking a nap when the Alarm rang out. He'd bet his shift in a Card Game, and won, of course. He'd cheated, but the crewman rarely noticed things like that. However, battle was the kind of thing that could ruin anyones nap.

A mop of black hair on top of a weasels face, Amar was what most people had in mind when the said untrustworthy. He never minded. He picked up one of the Quivers he had stashed in his room, and headed out onto to the deck, carrying the Longbow. He wasn't the best at Swordfighting, though he was working on it. He prefered to use the bow, at least for now.

"Let's hope they have something that makes this worth the trouble, Capn."

Amar covered a yawn, before nocking an arrow and selecting a Target.

Lifeson
2010-02-13, 08:09 PM
"Until captain gives orders..." Serenity says to stave off the itchyness of casting some evocation across the boats. Still, if everyone was readying things for show, she began her casting. It wasn't going to be anything special, not by any means, but she still readied it in a very flashy way. Waving her arms around, letting a magic aura congeal visibly around her hands, she began to cast a freezing spell.

Her hands got noticeably colder, even going from healthy to an almost purple colour, and if you were watching the tiny halfling making grand gestures for show, you could almost see the air around her hands freezing. She transfered the freezing energy through her body until it gathered at a point on her finger, ready to be fired like a crossbow. Sticking her thumb up like a sight, she took aim towards the closest of the merchants.

It was slightly surprising to see how many mundane humans were afraid of a tiny little wisp of a halfling if she could also blast you in the face or your kneecaps.

Not rolling an intimidate check. I'm doubting it makes a difference, but Serenity thinks it does.

Temotei
2010-02-13, 08:20 PM
Any trade ship not willing to give up to us has to carry something important...

You get the impression the captain is holding something back.

A rather attractive woman comes out of the captain's quarters casually. Long flowing black hair follows her, half covering one eye. She wears a captain's hat exactly like Captain Urbek's.

Cap'n.

Reise.

The woman smiles.

So, the great pirate captain of the weary Kiras sea feels it necessary to prey on poor port cities at war by taking their ships?

You know what I want.

Her smile fades into a grimace. The lady captain shakes the hair off her face and drops her hat to the deck, showing her eyes fully. One is purple; the other red.

Indeed.

Bloodshed to all, men! Kill them all!

The captain, usually very calm, has a crazed blood rage look to him as he sets on the woman.

Combat ensues as the apparent merchants and their apparent captain draw their weapons, and your captain does the same.

Roll initiative and any attack rolls, skill checks, etc. you would use in the first round. Note: Technically, you could just sit back and let the captain die...

whoiam
2010-02-13, 11:27 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
What a load of average rolls!

OOC: I'm not sure who or what Valarka can reach, but if she does start combat threatening anything it's getting torn apart. She'd have likely headed towards the merchant ship's captain as soon as she started verbally sparring with the pirate ship's captain, so hopefully this lot will be hitting her.

OOC: If, somehow, she managed to start combat without threatening anyone, just use the first bite attack and add in the +2 it lost to Flurry of Blows. Valarka's full attack is a *lot* more impressive than a move and bite combo.

Tackyhillbillu
2010-02-14, 12:47 AM
Initiative: [roll0]

Attack: [roll1] To hit
[roll2] To Crit

[roll3] Damage
[roll4] Critical
[roll5] Sneak Attack (Only applies if enemy is flat footed for some reason

Amar sighed as the Captain charged the "Merchants" Captain, and released his arrow, aiming for one of the crew. He smiled, not bothering to watch it hit the target, and looked over at Serenity.

"You know, their captain is a lot easier on the eyes then ours. Lucky bastards."

Lifeson
2010-02-14, 02:03 AM
Already posted my rolls in the die rolling thread. Leaving them here next time.

Serenity watched as the jaguar went ahead and pounced on a portion of the enemy crew, and decided to back up her captain with her ray of frost, letting it go and hitting her full on the chest.

"You know, their captain is a lot easier on the eyes then ours. Lucky bastards."

"Knowing our luck, she's probably just a massive bitch. Probably why she's attacking us in the first place." Serenity returned, getting her next spell prepped to fire, since she wasn't quite close enough to start throwing her knives instead.

Temotei
2010-02-14, 03:10 AM
Valarka, pouncing on a merchant, crushes him and tears his throat out with ease. Blood pools beneath the poor merchant's body, soaking into the deck. The other merchants manage to escape the jaguar...for now.

The female captain grunts through the cold of Serenity's spell, spinning with it, trying to reduce the impact while dodging another of Urbek's attacks.

Serenity! I want her myself. Leave it to me...and I heard that comment, Amar.

Amar's arrow pierces through a merchant's heart, ending his life instantly.


OoC: Order of initiative:

Captain Urbek
Captain "Reise"
Randor
Valarka
Merchants
Serenity
Amar


Randor can act when you post, Averagedog. When you do, I'll just post the results and act as if you had acted in order of initiative.

Averagedog
2010-02-14, 12:18 PM
((ooc: sorry for my tardiness. I posted early yesterday and did not have the opportunity to post again that day))


With a resigned sigh, Randor draws his two Cutlasses and moves into the wake of Valarka's bloody swathe. Seeing a merchant, he brings his blade up with intent to cripple, not kill the man. Afterall, these men are merchants and if some merchants live, they can go back to their families.




refer to the die roller thread for proof.

Initiative: 13
Attack: (1d20+6)[18] To hit
(1d20+6)[26] To Crit

(1d6)[6] Damage
(1d6)[5] Critical

Temotei
2010-02-15, 04:50 PM
OoC: I'm going to assume you meant to do nonlethal damage, which gives you a -4 penalty to attacks, for future reference.

Randor's cutlass attack tears through the nearby merchant's shirt, cutting lightly, but not enough to kill. Blood seems to pour from his wound for a few seconds. It stops as he falls to the deck, unconscious.

The merchants are mostly too scared of Valarka and the crew to fight back, but a few bravely stand at the front, rallied by their leader. Unfortunately for them, your crew of pirates is far more experienced in the way of combat. Several merchants are unconscious before even one hit gets by on a pirate. A few die before the hands of the less merciful in the crew.

Tackyhillbillu
2010-02-15, 05:22 PM
Amar didn't blink at the death of the merchant. He'd never been one of those who loved killing, but it didn't bother him. His own death was to be avoided, but everyone else had the job of taking care of themselves. In the game of life, your piece got removed eventually, no matter what you did. Amar didn't worry if he was doing it a bit earlier then most would have liked.

"Doesn't make it any less true, Capn. Don't worry, I'm not about to go turncloak on you. If I do that, I wouldn't be giving you any warning."

Amar nocked another arrow and released it at one of the Merchants who was standing and fighting. The ones who surrendered he'd leave alone. No point in killing them. He spoke to Serenity, picking out his next target.

"You really think so? Such a shame. Tis the way of the big folk I suppose. Always something wrong with them. There is just to much of them for there not to be some kind of flaw."

23 To Hit, 6 Damage, 1 Sneak Attack

whoiam
2010-02-15, 05:45 PM
Another round, another Flurry of Blows. As far as Valarka was concerned, combat was a very simple affair: Find target, bite target's head off, find new target. There was just no beating the feeling of a person's skull giving way...


Bite 1: 21 to hit, 20 damage
Bite 2: 23 to hit, 11 damage
Claw 1: 16 to hit, 4 damage
Claw 2: 12 to hit, 9 damage
Remember, Valarka's got her 5' step to position herself within reach of as many merchants as she can. Hopefully three: I'm quietly confident that she'd be able to score two kills and one injury with those rolls.

Temotei
2010-02-15, 06:26 PM
The two captains continue to battle it out. Both have sustained injury, but neither is giving in. Your captain appears to be in a blood rage, ready to take down anyone who would come between him and his target.

Valarka's claws and teeth tear through a first, then second, then third victim. Each leaves a pool of blood at their feet, flowing down toward the captains.

Amar's arrow leaves a large hole in one merchant's head. The merchant tries to look up at the arrow, then drops dead to the deck.

Most of the merchants on the deck now lie dead or unconscious, but you see a few cowering in the corner, holding out feeble defenses against the slaughter.

Intelligence check DC 5 or 1 rank in Profession (pirate/sailor): You surmise that there must be some merchants below deck.

Lifeson
2010-02-15, 06:43 PM
Serenity lets her chosen spell remain on her fingertips as she doesn't pursue the remaining merchants on deck. She thinks for a second about taking out the enemy captain, but her own said no...and she'd rather not lose out her only job opportunity at the moment..

Tis the way of the big folk I suppose. Always something wrong with them. There is just to much of them for there not to be some kind of flaw."

"Just means the rest of us need to watch out for each other." she responds, then wonders about the rest of the ship. Figuring that wasn't everyone, she asks the gnome beside her, "So, do you propose we let the captains duke it out and search below their decks, or should we end it for them anyways? Everyone else on deck has given up." They had, and as much as she could say that they're greedy, heartless people, they're still people, and taking them down now would be just as heartless, if not more so.

Talking is a free action. Otherwise, pass, I guess.

Tackyhillbillu
2010-02-15, 06:46 PM
Amar smiled at Serenity's question. There were probably a few merchants hiding belowdecks, but that hardly interested him. They could keep hiding, for all he cared. However, that was where the valuables were as well, and Amar was not above picking up a few choice bits.

"Leave the Capn' to his fun. I say we go down belowdecks."

FRREEE ACTTTTION!

whoiam
2010-02-15, 06:58 PM
Valarka
The Jaguar looks around quickly. None of the remaining merchants on the deck seem to be in any hurry to fight, and she's not in any hurry to kill more. Despite considering bipeds a potential (though non-preferred) food source, she's not particularly cruel or sadistic. She's not hungry, she's not in danger, so she won't kill. What she will do is pad quietly over to the two captains, and offer the helpful comment "Hmm, dinner fighting dinner. I like that - whichever one of you wins, I still get a loser to eat." Obviously hoping that the merchantman's captain will consider that such a distasteful fate she'll give in to avoid it.

Lifeson
2010-02-15, 07:00 PM
Having some backup available, Serenity crosses the two ships to make her way below deck. Just for show, she summons some visible arcane power to her fingertips and points it at the sailors who'd given up. Just to make sure they stayed that way.


Intimidation check, for ****s and giggles: [roll0]

Also, don't mind me if I acted out of turn. :P

Averagedog
2010-02-15, 07:22 PM
Randor looks around to see the fighting among the merchants was over.... for the moment. He immediately moves to an injured pirate and whispers a prayer of healing over him/her. He takes his holy symbol and touches it on the wounded area.

Cure Light Wounds
[roll0]

His business finished for the moment, he took the time to look at his captain and see if he too was wounded. He gave a silent prayer to Valkur that the captain would be safe.

Temotei
2010-02-15, 07:29 PM
Two merchants start to cry after seeing Serenity's magic power.

Captain Urbek smiles evilly at Valarka's comment as he slices forward with his cutlass.

That means I have to win. Less chance for you now.

The opposing captain swings back at yours, missing by a long shot. Urbek counters, stabbing Reise through her right hand.

Go on below decks. There is little to do up here for anyone but myself and my enemy.

The pirate thanks Randor, then goes off below deck with the others.

A few pirates stay on deck, guarding the other merchants so they don't attack the captain while he fights.

Tackyhillbillu
2010-02-15, 07:30 PM
Amar follows along behind Serenity. Probably he should be in front of her, but frankly, she had magic, and he had Rapier he was as likely to stab himself with as not. Chivalry might be dead, but he sure as hell wasn't.

whoiam
2010-02-15, 07:41 PM
Valarka
Her attention span apparently exhausted, Valarka adds "And try to make it fast. You're burning off precious fats with all this exercise, and it's far too late to bulk up your muscles to compensate." This was her version of a snappy exit one-liner, as she too made her way belowdecks. This was not out of any real interest in looting valuables, but more out of a very feline curiosity about the contents of the ship's stores, especially with regards to the meat supply.

All the bloodshed had made her peckish, and what self-respecting cat would eat a human and leave a cow to rot?

Temotei
2010-02-15, 08:11 PM
Below deck: You walk down a few stairs, seeing a drab hallway with three doors on each side and one at the end. The first door on the left is labeled with a "1," and the first door on the right is labeled with a "2." They continue to alternate until the door at the end of the hallway, which doesn't have a number on it. The door labeled "3" is slightly open.

No one is present in the hallway.

Lifeson
2010-02-15, 08:13 PM
"Amar won't protect the squishy mage?" Serenity joked as she let the big kitty Valarka go down below decks before her. "Ladies first" be damned if that meant getting stabbed first. She definitely was not made for such things. "You know, that's not going to earn you any brownie points."

Still, in contrast to Valarka's feline curiosity, Serenity was attracted to shiny things, and would willingly help herself to them. Especially if that meant she'd get a bigger share to herself. A girl's got to eat sometime, and she has... necessities to be taken care of.

"Let's see what's behind door number one," she asks rhetorically while readying a spell just in case something was hostile.

Tackyhillbillu
2010-02-15, 08:28 PM
Amar shrugged.

"Thieves are just as Squishy, and I don't have Magical power to back me up."

Amar looked about, and shrugged.

"I vote door number 3, myself."

Averagedog
2010-02-15, 08:35 PM
Randor watches Amar, Serenity, and Valarka go belowdecks, a part of him wanted to go with them to explore the area, but as one of the few privateers with access to divine healing, Randor felt like he should at least hang around in case if he was needed. So Instead, Randor pulls out his cards and lays them on top of a nearby barrel that was not demolished in the melee. He whispers a swift prayer to Valkur and starts flipping his cards while keeping an eye on the battle between captains. (Randor cased "Omen of Peril" from complete divine. The answer he receives will be displayed in his cards, at least that is the meaning he will get from his cards.)

Lifeson
2010-02-15, 08:46 PM
"Well, if that's the way you're going to play..." Serenity mumbles as she opens door number one, since it was the closest.

So glad this isn't free-form, and the whole "ONE LINER YOU MUST DIE" mindset is missing. :3

Temotei
2010-02-15, 09:04 PM
Serenity: Behind the first door is a room with a boring white bed, a chest, and a small dark brown compartment in the wall. There is a keyhole in the compartment.

Amar: Behind door number three is a whimpering black labrador retriever, standing over an unconscious man in the back corner. Hearing the door creak open, the dog turns around, growling. You get the feeling that going any closer would lead the dog to attack, but you also see a shiny gold amulet and a few rings with large gems set in them on the man. The dog itself is wearing a spiked collar that appears to not only be for show.

OoC: Please don't read the spoilers not addressed toward you. This should probably go without being said, but just for reference...don't open the spoilers not for you.

Lifeson
2010-02-15, 09:19 PM
Seeing the lock on the compartment, she patted her pockets to find her lock-picking kit. When she brought it out, she remembered that the gnome was an actual rogue, and probably better versed in these things than she was. She tried to open it anyways before calling out, "Ammmmaaaaaarrrrrr, could I please have a little help here?"

Then she noticed the chest didn't appear to be locked, so she tried opening that, too.

Tackyhillbillu
2010-02-15, 09:31 PM
Amar was considering how to deal with the dog when Serenity called. He shrugged and backed away from the dog, looking over at their friend, the Jaguar.

"Valarka, there's a Dog in there. He looks tastey. Mmmmm good."

Amar was not above trying to fail the Jaguar. He wasn't above failing either, mostly because he didn't much mind. He'd get around it somehow.

"What seems to be the problem, Serenity Dear?"

Lifeson
2010-02-15, 09:52 PM
"The compartment there is locked," Serenity said, pointing to the lock on the compartment. Then she noticed the "Dear" that Amar added on, and was slightly amused. Slightly because she barely knew the rogue.

Still, we all have our parts to play, and this is one of his.

Tackyhillbillu
2010-02-15, 09:56 PM
Amar smiled, and nodded.

"I'll trade you then. Go be a dear, and help Valarka with the Doggy in room 3? This seems to be right up my alley."

Amar smiled, and nodded, pulling out his lockpicking set, and setting to work.

[roll0] Search Check
[roll1] Open Lock Check

If the Lock doesn't blow up, I'll just take 10 on it for another try, giving me an 18.

Temotei
2010-02-15, 10:13 PM
Below deck: The dog growls a bit as Amar leaves the room, but settles back a bit as well.

The compartment's lock clicks as Amar plays around with it. It can now be easily opened.

Inside, you find a small bag of gold (10 gp), a vial of some sort, and a flawless silver holy symbol.

Tackyhillbillu
2010-02-15, 10:19 PM
Amarr pockets the Loot. He wasn't intending to keep it all for himself. For instance, he wasn't stupid enough to keep strange Potions around without knowing what they did. But at the moment, collecting the Loot seemed a more valuable use of their time than divvying it up. Amarr headed back out, looking at his crewmates.

"Doggy isn't dead, is he?"

Lifeson
2010-02-15, 11:29 PM
Serenity went to go play with the dog. Seems like the little gnome needed some privacy to do his work. Seeing the jaguar and the dog, like a rivalry somewhat like the dwarf-elf rivalry, Serenity joked to Valarka, "So, how fresh does the big kitty like her meat?"

"Doggy isn't dead, is he?".

"If Valarka's hungry, then yeah. If not, he might've made a cute pet, but I somehow don't think keeping him on the same boat as our jaguar is a good idea. Cats and Dogs seem to have more of a rivalry than Dwarves and Elves."

whoiam
2010-02-16, 04:45 AM
OOC: Readied action: Bite vs Doggy (triggered if the dog moves to attack Valarka)
[roll0]
[roll1]

"You're thinking of the common cat. The dog likes the chase and the cat fears injury. I have less reason to consider a house dog a proper rival. There is something of a size disparity." As she talked, Valarka did as they'd asked of her - she went into the room with the doggy in it to deal with the doggy. She was in two minds about how she should do this - on the one hand, she was peckish. On the other hand, Dogs often had the same problem that Humans had - they just weren't as tasty as most herbivores. Plus they were comparatively lean, and cleaning the fur off (or dealing with hairballs later) was a pain. The alternative to eating was to cow the stupid (to her way of thinking, all canines used teamwork as a substitute for intelligence) dog into submission. A nice roar, perhaps...

Temotei
2010-02-16, 04:53 AM
Below deck: The dog looks at Valarka and the group weirdly, looking as if it's wondering how the large cat spoke in human-language. It growls a bit and backs over its apparent master even more than before. The spiked collar around its neck glows red for a moment, then dies down. No attack comes from the canine, however.

The man under the dog stirs, but does not open his eyes.

whoiam
2010-02-16, 05:03 AM
Flurry of Blows, taking the -4 attack modifier to deal non-lethal damage
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]


Simple plans were the best. Get close, then headbutt the doggy into unconsciousness. She could always eat it later.

Temotei
2010-02-16, 05:17 AM
Below deck: As Valarka charges forward, the dog howls. Its collar glows red brightly for a moment. Then, the dog's fur catches fire on its back. It doesn't seem to care. A horizontal line of fire comes from its mouth after its howl, holding the area in front of it--the area where Valarka is charging.

Fire damage: [roll0]

Valarka's head connects with the dog's jaw shortly after being scorched, sending it sprawling to the floor, unconscious.

whoiam
2010-02-16, 05:22 AM
My Fur! My beautiful fur!
Stop, Drop, Roll. It didn't matter that the injuries were non-life-threatening - this was fur they were talking about! How could Valarka strut about in public if she had bald patches like some diseased mongrel wildcat?

Luckily for the dog, Valarka's preoccupation with literally saving her own fur from the fire saved it from a vindictive disembowelling.

Temotei
2010-02-16, 05:29 AM
Below deck: Valarka loses a few hairs, but nothing drastic enough to affect her appearance.

Lifeson
2010-02-16, 08:19 AM
When the dog caught fire, Serenity's jaw dropped. What in the...Tymora, I know you like pranks but that's ridiculous. How in the nine hells does a dog catch fi-...oh. She notices the collar turned red.

"What in th-...what in the nin- JUST WHAT IS A DOG DOING WITH A FIRE-SHIELD?" she eventually spits out flabbergasted.

Then she notices the second odd thing, the man on the ground that was behind/under the dog. Serenity moved to him, since Valarka had taken care of herself. "Hey, what's going on? Are you awake? Conscious," she asks as she shakes him lightly.

Tackyhillbillu
2010-02-16, 10:59 AM
Amar walks in, and waves at Serenity, and begins cheerfully divesting the fellow of his valuables. He was fine with Serenity waking him up. But after Amar had stripped him of everything of worth.

Lifeson
2010-02-16, 11:06 AM
"Oh, hey now." Serenity says as Amar rifled through the unconscious guy's pockets. She figured there was no stopping him, so she said instead: "Two things: one, can I have a share please? Second, there's a collar on the dog that shoots fire, think you can get it off?"


Yeah, the second bit was because she'd rather not get hit by the fire herself. Knowing her luck with her arcane power, she'd end up getting lit more when the collar fired back instead of putting it out.

Temotei
2010-02-16, 12:52 PM
Below deck: The man groans and moves slightly more against the wall he's leaning on, but he doesn't speak.

Above deck: Captain Urbek stabs Reise for the last time as she falls on the blade, spurting blood from many wounds.

I...lost.

Of course you lost.

She looks up at the captain.

I'm sorry.

Urbek looks surprised to hear this, slowly pulling his weapon out of the woman, but keeping it in a defensive position when he does. With his other hand, he pulls his hat off for a moment, showing his black hair in full. It looks disheveled, like a storm cloud. His hand, still holding the hat up but to the side, shows his fingers in various positions, in a kind of jagged manner. He keeps this position for a few seconds, then puts his hat back on.

Temotei
2010-02-18, 04:51 PM
Everyone hears a rumbling sound from under the ship.

Below deck: The unconscious man is no longer unconscious. He wakes with a start, then starts blabbering randomly. His eyes nearly pop out of their sockets when he sees an ebony jaguar and his "sleeping" dog.

Wha? No! No! She's done it! Get out of here! Nobody deserves that fate...not even pirates.

He spits a little when he pronounces the p in pirates.

Above deck: Randor can act now as if given a free full round.

Averagedog
2010-02-18, 09:04 PM
Randor feels Valkur briefly communicate him. A feeling of peace and reassurance washes over him, but a feeling of dread and anticipation beckons elsewhere near him. As he looks at the captain and see's the enemy captain, a sudden feeling of certainty washes over him. Leaving his cards where they lay at that moment, since there was not a moment to waste, Randor ran towards the captain shouting,

"Captain! She's not done yet, your in great Peril!!!" ((Intent to warn but not distract (not likely :( but it is what my character would do))

Temotei
2010-02-18, 09:21 PM
Above deck: Captain Reise looks up at you with eyes of pure fire.

What are you blabbering ab...?

Urbek looks down to see a glint of metal sticking from his chest. Reise drops to the ground at the same time as the cap'n.

More rumbling comes from under the ship, (above deck) and you see a clawed, webbed paw come over the side for a moment before dipping back under.

Lifeson
2010-02-18, 10:15 PM
"Uh...what?" Serenity asks, raising an eyebrow at the befuddled man and the rumbling sound. A little nerved clicked in the back of her head, and then she realized that inside a ship is never a good place to start hearing those rumbling sounds. Deciding to take initiative, she said "Keep checking the rooms, I'll check what's going on topside," and the tiny sorceress left the room, and headed up onto the deck with Randor.

And saw him screaming to the captain about how the other woman wasn't quite done yet. So that was the 'she' he mentioned Serenity said, then smacked herself in the forehead for discounting the other visible woman besides herself and the jaguar. Then watched as the cap'n was fell'd by a piece of metal.

Which sent her on edge and scanning for the source.


Spot check: [roll0]
Listen check:[roll1]

I knew I should've put some ranks in those two. Oh well. That's definitely a failed spot check. :/

Tackyhillbillu
2010-02-18, 10:44 PM
Amar shrugged, pocketing the rings and things he had managed to pry off the fellow, heading back out into the hallway and peering in doorway number 2.

Temotei
2010-02-18, 11:35 PM
Above deck: Serenity recognizes the piece of metal as a dagger. The direction is odd, though, as if the woman had not stabbed him. At the same time, it seems like no one else could have done it, as the metal piece, which looks a lot like the hilt of a dagger, appears to have been plunged straight into Cap'n Urbek's chest.

Both Serenity and Randor see a paw with claws and webbing appear partly over the deck's side, then disappear very quickly.

Captain Urbek is clearly breathing.

Below deck: Door number two: Walking into room number two, Amar finds a bed, like in the other rooms, and five burning candles on the wall. There are two more candles on each side, but neither are burning. Room number three: The man faints once more. The dog is lying still. Looking around the room, Valarka would notice the burning had not only affected her, but had started tiny flames on the floor as well, before being promptly put out.

The rumbling stops its rhythmic pattern.

Tackyhillbillu
2010-02-19, 01:27 AM
Amar shrugged, and walked out of the room, heading for door number four now. He didn't really have time to start stripping the floor boards. Eventually the rest of the crew would be down here. He just grabbing everything he could before they were.

Temotei
2010-02-19, 02:00 AM
Door number four: Three merchants are tied up by strong rope in the corner of this room, hardly hidden by a bed just like the others. A few trinkets are on them; an amulet is on the youngest-looking of them, a ring is on the middle man, and the last merchant has a jeweled dagger strapped to his hip. It seems to be taunting him--so close, yet so far away. You also see a barrel labeled in huge red letters: "CAUTION: DO NOT LET DOG NEAR."

Tackyhillbillu
2010-02-19, 02:03 AM
Amar smiled at the mens, and walked over calmly, taking his time to remove the amulet, the Ring and the Dagger from the men.

"Gentleman, do you have anything else of value to give me? If so, I might be tempted to release you."

Temotei
2010-02-19, 02:11 AM
By the gods, man! Let us go!

Hm. We have nothing!

The third man remains silent, but he involuntarily glances toward the bed.

Tackyhillbillu
2010-02-19, 02:14 AM
Amar shrugged, and walked over to the bed, examining it closely to see if the fellow who had glanced over there had revealed something.

"Unfortunate that. Well then, I'll just be on my way. Lot's more looting to be done."

Take ten on the search check, for 13.

Temotei
2010-02-19, 02:17 AM
Room four: Search: You see a pistol lying on the ground under the bed. The men seem distressed, but try to be quiet when you find it.

Bastard...

Tackyhillbillu
2010-02-19, 02:21 AM
Amar laughed at the man's response.

"If you would have just told me where it was, you would have gotten out of this. As is, you can wait for some good samaritan. I've got better things to do."

He pocketed the pistol, waved mockingly at the fellows, and headed for Door 5.

Temotei
2010-02-19, 02:32 AM
Room five: Opening the door to room number five, you see a bed, just like in the other rooms. On the wall behind the bed are small tablets, inscribed with runes of all different colors and shades--blue, red, green, purple, black, white, grey, and gold. As you near them, the black, grey, and purple tablets glow.

You hear a splash, a crash, and a roar come from above.

Above deck: A big lion-fish-like creature leaps out of the water, crashing into the deck, splintering several planks of wood. The ship starts to lean in the direction of the big feline fish.

Tackyhillbillu
2010-02-19, 02:45 AM
Amar sighed, and shook his head. No time. Something was happening abovedecks, evidently. He should probably figure out what that was. He came out on deck, and swore quite loudly.

Made the right choice. Money won't do me much good at the bottom.

"Serenity, methinks it is time we be leaving. If we can convince Mr. Fishy there to leave our vessel alone."

Amar set about dashing for the relative safety of his own vessel, have no intention of fighting something that big if he didn't have to.

whoiam
2010-02-19, 04:52 AM
Valarka (whose player is astonished how quickly the game moved on between midnight and 10AM local time) had a choice to make. On the one hand, she didn't particularly want to let valuable meat (or valuable meat-buying loot) go down, as the creaking seemed to suggest it would. On the other, she didn't really want to die. She was, after all, *far* too pretty.

A creature lacking hands has only one real option for carrying something. The dog went first, despite it's poor taste - dragged up to the deck by the tail. The Jaguar would then turn and head back for the unconscious man. Why would she save those two? Well, they seemed to know what was going on...

Averagedog
2010-02-19, 07:31 AM
Randor moves over to the captain (before entrance of Lioncuddlefish of doom) and quickly determines if he can remove the Piece of metal from the captain's chest without causing further damage.
Heal check:

(1d20+7)[22]


He turns to the female captain quickly and points a cutlass at her.

"I'll finish you off once I'm done saving the captain"

(the Lioncuddlefish of doom makes its grand entrance) Randor's eyes pop wide as he witnesses the large beast leap onto the deck. Thinking quickly, He starts casting a second cure light wounds spell (3rd spell of the day out of 5) to apply to the captain's wound as he carefully pulls out the dagger with the other hand

Healing done:

[roll0]

Lifeson
2010-02-19, 12:13 PM
A fish that thinks it's a lion...or a lion that thinks it's a fish... Serenity thought as the "lioncuddlefish" climbed onto the ship. It was clearly a hostile entity, 'else why would it climb the ship?

The question being, who was it hostile to? She readied a magic missile, just in case it was hostile to the captain, and/or everyone else. The monstrosity's size and power was enough to set her recklessness off to the side.

whoiam
2010-02-19, 05:24 PM
It was on her second return to the top deck that Valarka noticed the additional fish.

There was a part of her - a very strong part - that wanted to do what cats normally do when faces with the creatures of the deep. Eat it.

The rest of her also wanted to eat it, but was held up by something. Manners, specifically.

"Is that any of yours? Because I am going to eat it if it is not..."

Feline Arrogance stopped the thought from registering in her mind that this aquatic monster might actually be more powerful than she was. It was a fish. Fish were food. Therefore, DINNER!

Temotei
2010-02-25, 11:03 PM
Valarka's efforts bring both the dog and the man up on deck, out of the way of the apparent danger of drowning. The lion-fish looks at the man for a moment, then at Reise.

Randor is able to pull out the piece of metal with difficulty, but the captain seems to breathe easier after it's out. There is a sticky purple substance on the end of the weapon, which when pulled out, is revealed as an original type of throwing knife--kind of like a three-pronged dagger mixed with a shuriken.

The female captain is unconscious, and therefore unresponsive to Randor's threat. The lioncuddlefish roars, however, as it leaps onto the deck, as if in response.

His curing spell seals the wound where the metal piece entered, and some of the blood on the deck beneath Urbek slowly flows back into the wound before it completely closes. He breathes sharply once, then opens his eyes. He seems quite dazed.

Hey...I know you.

A childish smile crosses Urbek's face as he points weakly at Randor.

Serenity's force missile blasts into the creature's side, causing it to turn toward her.

Damage for magic missile: [roll0]

Amar barely skitters by the big lioncuddlefish as it claws at the gnome's back--missing only because of the distraction of Serenity's magic--the little guy leaping across the tiny gap between the ships easily.

The creature roars once more, pushing up with its fin, somehow leaping into the air and rapidly descending, attempting to crush Valarka.

Averagedog
2010-02-28, 08:26 AM
Randor Looks at the still living captain then to the immediate threat. Thinking quickly, Randor grabs whatever he can from the dead captain (Primary Searching Pattern: Sword, any jewelry, pockets, bag) then starts dragging the living captain from under his armpits towards the other boat why staying a reasonable distance from the LionCuddleFish.

"Don't Worry Captain, I'm taking you back to the ship. Hopefully the ship's doctor is still alive by the time we get there"

Search Roll:

[roll0]

whoiam
2010-02-28, 03:34 PM
Hah! Food that desperate to be eaten, *should* be eaten.

Alright, a fish that big she might need some help with. But she could always get started and let the others take the remaining cuts afterwards.

The start would be pretty easy. As it was in the air, step towards it's former position (5' adjustment step to head under the lioncuddlefish's jump) and savage it when it comes down. In many cases she would have considered something more imaginative - playing with it, torturing it, disarming it, taunting it, or what have you. But... well, this was food, and it was coming straight for her, and she *was* hungry. Savaging it was.


[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
Edit: I sure hope a 19 hits....

Tackyhillbillu
2010-02-28, 04:01 PM
Amar intends to go nowhere near the Lion Cuddlefish, but he supposes he can shoot it from the deck of his ship. However, there was something to take care of first. Amar looked over at Randor, putting away his Rapier in favor of the bow whil doing so.

"Randor, you have got a strange set of priorities. Given the choice of saving the Capn' and the pretty woman who almost killed him, you choose the Captain."

Amar is smiling widely as he turns to the Lion Cuddlefish, firing a shot from his bow.

"...maybe you just swing that way."

Amar speaks up, yelling at Valarka and Serenity.

"Hey, we over here are ready to go. Whenever when you finish playing with Mr. Fishy, please come over here."

[roll0] Attack Roll vs. Cuddlefish
[roll1] Critical

[roll2] + [roll3] (SA but probably irrelevant) Damage
[roll4] Critical

Lifeson
2010-02-28, 08:38 PM
Standing far away from the lioncuddlefish, Serenity watched as it went for Valarka, and felt thankful it wasn't deciding the halfling made a tastier snack. Staying as far away from it as she could, she wondered about her last magic attack and thought that a bit of martial power might be a little better, so she drew one of her throwing knives and whipped it at the monstrous fish.


Sorry for being a little late. 7 1/2 hour bus ride home. :/

Anyways: [roll0] Damage: [roll1]

Temotei
2010-03-03, 05:53 PM
Captain Urbek gains a bit more presence of mind, but barely enough to speak. He does, however, speak to Randor while being dragged.

I've...got a gun. Take it.

He pauses.

...don't you dare.

Urbek coughs a little as he laughs, then falls unconscious. It appears he'll be alright.

On the other captain, Randor finds several belongings of most likely personal value, but other items of obvious monetary value--a ring, an amulet, a headband, a custom-made hairpiece holding Reise's hair in a rogue knot (Releasing this looses her hair, making her appearance even more alluring.), and a pocket pistol. Her sword is off to her side. In a pouch, you find forty gold pieces.

As Valarka moves under the shadow of the monster, another shadow appears near the creature. The shadows converge, and fall near Valarka--right into her raking claws and bites. The lioncuddlefish roars wildly as Valarka rends its flesh, leaving blood and bits on the ship's deck. Riding the monster, however, is a new creature with big black eyes. It looks like a cross between a halfling and a fish, with scales to match.

Serenity's knife flies at the big monster and plunges deep into its shoulder. Another roar. The new thing screeches, apparently angry, but it has an odd expression on its face, as if it was having a hard time holding back a laugh. After a second, its hands come up to its face, then burst out as it laughs hysterically. An acid arrow forms, aims at Amar, and fires off, dissipating into his body, causing his arrow to fly awry. Instead of hitting the lioncuddlefish, it hits the side of the merchant vessel. The arrow buries itself about an inch into the ship. Still sore from Valarka's attacks, the lioncuddlefish roars once again, lunging at the jaguar. The vicious attack brings a claw and teeth to bear against the jaguar's tough body, cutting deeply into Valarka's back. Blood sprays from the wounds for a short time, then slowly oozes out. Bite and claw marks can clearly be seen where the thing hit.

Effects:
Amar: 5 acid damage this round, then 6 next round.
Valarka: 9 damage--4 from the claw and 5 from the bite.

Initiative Reference:
* Cap'n Urbek if he gets more hit points
* Randor
* Valarka
* Serenity
* Fish-creature
* Amar
* Lioncuddlefish if the creature dismounts


Anyone with at least three ranks in Knowledge (the planes): The riding creature is a water mephit.
Anyone with at least two ranks in Knowledge (arcana): The lioncuddlefish is a sea cat, you think after the round of confusion or fear...or both.

Tackyhillbillu
2010-03-03, 06:14 PM
OOC: Amar's going to be at -1 Health new round. Damn you D6 HD!

Amar cursed when he got hit with the arrow, continuing to do so. It was pretty bad, he could already tell. The Gnome was tough for a member of his profession, but he wasn't a warrior by trade.

"I think I'm going to be out of comission, fellas. Good luck with this one. Wake me up when it's over."

Amar fired off another Arrow, aiming for the creature that had attacked him to get some revenge, before running back and hiding behind some cover. He was already fading, the pain from the Acid fairly intense.

[roll0] Hit
[roll1] Crit

[roll2] + [roll3] (If sneak attack applies) Damage
[roll4] Crit

Averagedog
2010-03-04, 09:13 PM
((Assuming that I pilfered the other captain and dragged Captain Urbek a little ways off...))

Randor sees the plight of his companions, He quickly points out two nearby crewmates, "Take the captain to the ship where the doctor can care for him, I have to save a few other men" Randor moves over to Amar quickly his nose curling at the stench of bubbling acid, He quickly whispers a prayer to Valkur and sends his healing magic into Amar. ((1 spell left for the day))

Cure Light Wounds Roll

(1d8+1)[3]

Lifeson
2010-03-05, 10:44 AM
Serenity grimaced as the acid arrow took it's effects on Amar. Thankful that the lioncuddlefish wasn't paying attention to her yet, she saw that her thrown dagger had done more damage than her magic, which she wasn't entirely surprised with. She readied another dagger, and threw it at the monster...without realizing the second monster forming on top.


[roll0] To hit (Not Armor Class 0).
[roll1] damage
8 daggers left.

whoiam
2010-03-08, 05:56 AM
Now Valarka was not usually the 'running away' type. But this lioncuddlefish... well, let us just say Valarka, fond as she was of eating fish, was in no particular hurry to experience the reverse.

5' adjustment directly away from the fish and it's rider, then a running jump back over to the other ship.

Valarka was on 2HP after that, and that's not a HP level you stick around in combat at, unless you're confident you'll drop your opponents in one round.

Temotei
2010-03-25, 04:35 PM
The acid on Amar's body dies down after Randor's divine healing runs through him. Perhaps there will be no permanent damage done.

Valarka's quick movement is too much for the monstrous thing to fight against. The fish-creature nearly slips off the lioncuddlefish while clawing at the big jaguar, but manages to get a hold before falling off. Unfortunately for the fish-thing, the lioncuddlefish attempts to adjust to the situation, accidentally moving the fish-creature even more than before. The thing falls off, and the lioncuddlefish rears back, roaring. Valarka manages to safely get back to the home ship's deck.

Serenity's dagger goes flying into the lioncuddlefish's head, ending the roar prematurely. It stares at Serenity with blank eyes, not falling over, but not moving.

The fish-creature, still surprised from before, barely manages to move forward to lightly rake at Serenity, the last remaining fighter on the ship. The creatures stumbles forward, laughing quite obnoxiously, missing by a mile.

Amar's arrow was not so unlucky. Piercing the creature's lightly armored body, the shaft of his cruel arrow flies straight through, almost hitting Serenity. The creature's laughing stops and it cries for a moment before dropping dead.

The lioncuddlefish starts flopping around like a dying crappie, rocking the boat considerably. Water splashes violently onto the deck, making the surface slightly slippery for Serenity. Maybe too slippery to make a running jump. There is a nearby plank, a rope ladder up to the crow's nest, and a few crates nearby. The body of Captain Reise lies in the middle of the deck, practically flopping around with the lioncuddlefish. The door to under the deck is still open. Faint cries for help come from inside.

Serenity: I rolled your critical roll for you, CrystalLeaf. It was an additional 5 damage, for a total of 13.

Lifeson
2010-03-26, 05:21 PM
After scoring the hit between the lioncuddlefish's eyes, Serenity cheered a resounding "YES!" One monster down, and then the other fish creature missed far enough for it to take himself out of the fight. Since the fight was over, Serenity yelled for the others "There are still people on the underside! We should probably do something about them!"

Temotei
2010-03-28, 02:32 PM
Aye! Take them!

Urbek is up and appearing angry at the hesitation of his crew.

Thar be treasure to be had with captives! Not only that, but a life is a life. If anyone be taking theirs, it be us.

Valarka, ye will carry one. I carry another.

He surveys the pirates on deck, who are all listening intently.

Wet one! Come forth! Ye be helpin'.

Serenity! Ye will take any treasure. Then we're off!

whoiam
2010-03-28, 02:45 PM
"There'd better be something to eat after this..."

Moments after having jumped to safety the first time, the cat is back across on the rocking ship.

[roll0]

Obviously, balance on a pitching deck was little problem for a cat. Nor, for that matter, was the weight of a person. She was restricted somewhat in her limited carrying capacity - she could only pick things up with her mouth, after all - but that was enough to get good purchase on one person at a time and ferry them back. True, it wasn't the most comfortable of rescues for a human, but it would have to do.

Especially for the unconscious female captain, who was the first recipient of such a rescue. Once she was safe, the jaguar went back across to help with clearing out the lower decks.

Temotei
2010-03-28, 03:27 PM
Below deck: You hear cries for help from the room straight down the hallway, marked with nothing out of the ordinary.

As well, there are apparently some people in room four.

Lifeson
2010-03-28, 10:07 PM
[roll0]: Balance.

Even for the dexterous halfling, the teetering ship proved too much for her, especially with the water everywhere. Since she was on her way to the lioncuddlefish to retrieve her two thrown daggers, she slid into the monster. Undeterred, she reached around and grabbed her two thrown daggers and replaced them to her belt.

Temotei
2010-03-28, 10:14 PM
Room four: There are three men tied up, each trying in turn to slide across the wood to the doorway. When they notice Serenity enter, they appear at first to be overjoyed, but then they become suspicious. One speaks up.

Ya ain't with...tha' other short one, are ya? 'Cause if ya are, we ain't joinin' ya.

The ship continues to rock. It seems the shaking is getting even more violent as the lioncuddlefish is on the verge of death.

OoC: Balance DC raises by 1.

Lifeson
2010-03-29, 10:08 AM
Rolling first this time. :smalltongue:

[roll0] Balance. DC: 14.

Getting up, and keeping her balance properly this time, she headed down into the lower decks, and went down to the room where she heard the people crying for help. Every instinct in her head told her to go back to the ship, but her consicence demanded that she at least try to save someone from the inevitable disaster. Plus they could start rebuilding whatever crew was lost from today.

"Ya ain't with...tha' other short one, are ya? 'Cause if ya are, we ain't joinin' ya."

Or maybe not.

"Well then you're stupid. We're taking you along, otherwise you'll flat out die," Serenity commented as she drew one of her daggers to cut them free. "You're still coming with us, and you'll be out of this boat alive, alright? Now, I'll set you free, but if you try and turn on me after I will burn you alive, otherwise, we'll all be out of this fine," she vowed as she cut the three free.

whoiam
2010-04-03, 02:46 PM
[roll0]

Divesting herself of her load on the deck of the 'less-pitching' ship, Valarka went back for more.

After all, they were all potential sources of meat if they were at sea on a long voyage, right? The fresh stuff on the deck seemed to have run out, so she followed Serenity into the lower decks.

"Oh, don't burn them!" Valarka almost purred the words as she entered the room behind her colleague. "I prefer dinner raw, you know..."

Temotei
2010-04-03, 03:27 PM
Holy [insert expletive here]! The cat can talk!

Yar crazy, girl! To be hangin' with a demon such as tha'!

The merchants pause, then all answer at the same time.

Tha's cool.

They follow.

whoiam
2010-04-03, 03:57 PM
Quietly, to Serenity: "I didn't even get to tell them which my favourite organs are..."

She sounded faintly disappointed.