PDA

View Full Version : Hey people!

Zephykinns
2010-02-14, 12:55 AM
I started to post on the forums now, loved the OOTS comic and I actually like the style of it. I finally made my own avatar. I am actually addicted to it now. I have been sitting around for 4 hours making OOTS styled characters. So this is my big HELLO to everyone.

Serpentine
2010-02-14, 01:05 AM
Hello and welcome new member! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117748&page=38) :smallsmile:

:smalltongue:

Zephykinns
2010-02-14, 01:10 AM
Haha, it is a pleasure. Really nice icon by the way. I should start doing more extravagant icons. I just started and I am having fun with it. I really like working with vectors.

Yarram
2010-02-14, 01:13 AM
(I think he missed it)

Welcome! Enjoy posting... And stuff.

Mystic Muse
2010-02-14, 01:15 AM
welcome, we don't bite.

Or, most of us don't. (I'm looking at you Closak)

Serpentine
2010-02-14, 01:16 AM
(so do I)

Thanks, WindyFiend.

Zephykinns
2010-02-14, 01:22 AM
Wow. I read through Serpentine's writings. -clap clap- Strong willed and honest. We need more people like that these says.

And I hope that many people here don't bite. I get bit enough >.> darn you vampires (sarcasm)

Serpentine
2010-02-14, 01:24 AM
Awww. Only 3 posts on the site, and 2 of them are compliments to me. Think I'm gonna like this boy :smallwink:

Dr.Epic
2010-02-14, 01:25 AM
I started to post on the forums now, loved the OOTS comic and I actually like the style of it. I finally made my own avatar. I am actually addicted to it now. I have been sitting around for 4 hours making OOTS styled characters. So this is my big HELLO to everyone.

Do you do requests? I'm looking for an oots avatar. I made a request in the thread in the arts and crafts section but I didn't like the look of it. I'd be willing to repay the favor somehow. Tell me if your interested because I like the style of you avatar.

kpenguin
2010-02-14, 01:27 AM
Awww. Only 3 posts on the site, and 2 of them are compliments to me. Think I'm gonna like this boy :smallwink:

No eating the newbies, Serp!

Zephykinns
2010-02-14, 01:28 AM
Haha, can't help it. Rogues are suck ups by nature.

I just respect people who can be honest. I also find acts of desperation commendable. Enlightening people seems to be some people are good at. What's your wisdom score? Like a 19? Haha.

Starfols
2010-02-14, 01:29 AM
Enjoy your stay in the playground. If you want to keep this thread relevant, why don't you show us those wonderful OOTS avatars you've been making?

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2010-02-14, 01:29 AM
This is fair warning that I, in fact, might bite.

Might not, though. It depends on a lot of factors.

Certain areas of this forum can get a might dangerous at times if you travel alone.

Zephykinns
2010-02-14, 01:30 AM
Do you do requests? I'm looking for an oots avatar. I made a request in the thread in the arts and crafts section but I didn't like the look of it. I'd be willing to repay the favor somehow. Tell me if your interested because I like the style of you avatar.

I would be glad to do an avatar. I am still fairly new with it though.

Zephykinns
2010-02-14, 01:33 AM
Enjoy your stay in the playground. If you want to keep this thread relevant, why don't you show us those wonderful OOTS avatars you've been making?

Still fiddling around with Ideas. I might just make a thread where I post random avatars tomorrow.

Zephykinns
2010-02-14, 01:34 AM
Haha biting isn't the problem, it's just the issue of whether you actually consume part of me....

Starfols
2010-02-14, 01:37 AM
Still fiddling around with Ideas. I might just make a thread where I post random avatars tomorrow.

Fair enough. I'll be checking the arts and crafts thread tomorrow then :smallsmile:.

Haha biting isn't the problem, it's just the issue of whether you actually consume part of me....

Serp is known to swallow members whole...:smallwink:

Also, just as an FYI: in the playground, it is generally better to respond to multiple posts with one mega-post, rather than post several times in succession. Double posts are generally frowned upon.

Serpentine
2010-02-14, 01:41 AM
What's your wisdom score? Like a 19? Haha.About 6, actually. I once asked whether I should go see whether a friend was coming soon, when said friend was standing about 2 metres away right in front of me.

Alright, proper-like stuffs:
There's actually an introductory thread, called "Hello and Welcome New Members Thread", as linked to in my first post. Never mind.
You can make a thread about your avatars if you want, or you can put them up in the Oots-style Arts Showcase or whatever it's called, in the Arts & Crafts forum. If you make enough you should track down the Avatar Adoption Thread and make a post there (display posts only), and have a look at the Iron Avatarist Competition; this month's theme is sexy goings-on and romance and the like.
Beware white text.
Finally, note that in the bottom-right corner of your posts (or is it left?) there's an "edit" button. It is prefered that you edit extra information into previous posts, rather than double- or triple-posting.

I look forward to judging you :smallamused: in the Iron Avatarist competition. For which I am a judge. Of course.

edit: Oh, come on. That's hardly happened at all!

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h287/serpentine16/Avatarables/Serpentine/DjinnvsSerp.gif
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h287/serpentine16/Avatarables/Serpentine/SerpentinevsPies.gif

<.<
>.>

Dr.Epic
2010-02-14, 01:42 AM
I would be glad to do an avatar. I am still fairly new with it though.

Cool. Take your time there's no rush. I could in return repay the favor with credit in my sig and maybe doing a non-oots type pic for you. I'm not sure how good you are at art but I've been told I'm good and could do an image for you. I'm not sure how soon I could get it to you though. Might be a week or two.

Any way the avatar I'd like is an image of Dr.Horrible in this pose with a ray (no speech bubble though):

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_KXliezhvZgw/SLDq8dSX3_I/AAAAAAAAADE/1i5Yk2KxshA/s400/dr_horrible.jpg

Zephykinns
2010-02-14, 01:45 AM
Starfols- Will do then. I hardly ever do forums besides roleplaygateway.com. Which is a bit odd because I enjoy them thoroughly.

Serpentine- And thanks Serp. Advice is always something accepted in my book. I will probably check out the threads soon. I just need to get a bit more confident in my avatar making.

General-I do really like the community here so far though. A lot of interesting people haha.

Dr. Epic- Will do. Drop me a message so I will remember your name. I tend to forget those easily. You have NO idea. :smallbiggrin: