PDA

View Full Version : [4e] Int/Con race

Excession
2010-02-14, 11:33 PM
There are a few classes in 4e that would benefit from a race with bonuses to Int and Con. Swordmages, Artificers, Warlocks, and a few Wizards in particular. The only race available is the Githyanki from the MM2, and they're fluffed to be enemies only rather than PCs.

I'd be tempted to allow Genasi to choose between Int/Con and Int/Str. It would give them a few more classes that they're really good at too. There's precedent with Changelings getting to choose their second stat.

Another option would be to change Shadar-kai to Int/Con so they're more than just "Eladrin of the Shadowfell", obviously changing their preferred classes a little.

Are there any D&D or general fantasy races that would suit Int/Con bonuses? Or does anyone have an idea for something completely new?

Macrovore
2010-02-15, 12:39 AM
Perhaps a Warforged Mage race. Or maybe make a new race of half-giant mage types (descendants of the ancient giants in Eberron)
I don't like that some ability score combinations only belong to races that don't fit well in most material plane societies, such as Giths or genasi. And I like eberron. if you haven't noticed.

AgentPaper
2010-02-15, 01:05 AM
Sounds perfect for a race of desert nomads.

vasharanpaladin
2010-02-15, 01:23 AM
So why not just polish up the Githyanki? They're already doing it to the Githzerai and Minotaur....

Crossfiyah
2010-02-15, 02:33 AM
The only reason the Changeling has that option is because flexibility is a major point of the race.

Flexibility is not a major point of the genasi.

Leeham
2010-02-15, 08:21 AM
I actually think it WOULD be suitable for Genasi. They can Take a feat that lets them choose their elemental manifestation, and in the baseline fluff they're from what, the Elemental Chaos? I think that'd be great for them.

Xallace
2010-02-15, 08:23 AM
I'm inclined to agree that it would fit the genasi rather well.