PDA

View Full Version : Need a cleric quick

Infernum
2010-02-15, 01:57 AM
I need a cleric concept fast. The level is 5th and we need a party healer. He could also do other things, but we need the healing. Can I get some ideas/builds?

Thanks.

Mongoose87
2010-02-15, 02:02 AM
DMM Persist+Divine Power = Win

Infernum
2010-02-15, 02:03 AM
Gah, DM said DMM is not allowed.

Chrono22
2010-02-15, 02:18 AM
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=183644

He draws from some nonstandard sources.. most of which are either have a direct reference by page and source, or just by source.

Build wise, he plays more like a 4e cleric than a 3.5 one; he can assist others in combat, but is also a capable healer or support character. His warforged immunities help him fight undead and overcome obstacles, and his feats are specd for fighting them...
Hmm
Due to a houserule, he's retained warforged and human traits simultaneously- to remove the human traits, detract one feat and remove 8 skill ranks.

Infernum
2010-02-15, 02:36 AM
Well that one is interesting, but the DM just shot down warforged. Although the feat combos are interesting. Might go with this.

Chrono22
2010-02-15, 02:38 AM
Well that one is interesting, but the DM just shot down warforged. Although the feat combos are interesting. Might go with this.
Fortunately since this character also had human traits, you can simply eliminate the warforged ones. Keep the number of feats and skills, remove the living construct traits, and apply +2 Cha, +2 Wis, -2 Con to get the original human build. He was originally a 32 pt. buy character before racial adjustments.

Infernum
2010-02-15, 02:45 AM
Well it is a relatively low magic game, but i think i can swing the adamantine gauntlet and silvered sword with out to much trouble.

Chrono22
2010-02-15, 02:55 AM
I'll be updating the sheet in the next few days, so save it now if you want to keep it as-is.

Kol Korran
2010-02-15, 05:08 AM
what exactly do you mean by "Cleric concept"? a background thing? behaviour? gods? mechnical traits?

for a god, i'd suggest pelor (if generci/ grehawk), or illmater (FR). or the soverign host (eberron). all are basic Healing and help focused.

if you prefering something with more fighting capabilites, then i'd say to try and go for the strength domain. i found it very nice. (others may disagree)

if you're realy focused on in combat healing, i'd suggest to try the "reach spell" and DMM reach spell, so you can cast from some distance if need be. it's a pretty heavy cost (2 feats), so be sure you want to.

carry 2-3 wands of lesser vigor for after battle healing, and keeping your spells free for more usefull things. a few scrolls of lesser restoration, cure blindness and disease can go a long way for a healer. later on- break enchantment scroll as well. will keep the party moving.

i'd help with character personality concept if i knew more about the party, adventure and what not...

i hope this helped,
Kol.