PDA

View Full Version : Neverending Dungeon - NG3



Sliver
2010-02-15, 04:36 AM
The air surrounding you fairly hums with the residue of magic, an aftereffect of the spell that brought you to this place. A quick glance reveals that you are in a small room, devoid of any life save for yourself. The sound of dripping water can be heard faintly, and the stone walls are slick with moisture. In complete defiance of logic, a torch is already lit, resting in a sconce near the room's single door.
Map:{table]|A_|B_|C_
1|||
2||B|
3|||
4|||[/table]

There is a door at C-4, south side.

DM notes:Sheet. (http://www.thetangledweb.net/forums/profiler/view_char.php?cid=34626)

chilepepper
2010-02-16, 12:08 AM
Alright, I'm using a Liquid Sunlight as a light source.

All three soulmelds are shaped and shared with my familiar.

Essentia will be in Dissolving Spittle by default.

I use the 10'pole to open pit traps and discover trip wires. I don't check walls or ceilings.

I'll go to the room that is southwest of the first room. Standing in the square north of the west door, I'll forgo my attack to take full cover with my tower shield. My familiar will be directly in front of the door, +5', with a readied action to attack the nearest enemy it sees. I open the door.

Familiar
[roll0] vs flat footed
[roll1] acid
Move up to +10'

If that doesn't kill whatever is in the room:
My init [roll2]
Familiar's init [roll3]

Sliver
2010-02-16, 01:37 AM
Where is liquid sunlight from?

There is no room southwest of the starting room..

All doors are 5ft high so anything will get cover bonuses from your familiar.

You are opening the door from behind full cover, meaning you don't have LoS to the door, so you can't really do that..

Tanaric
2010-02-16, 01:39 AM
You can manipulate objects from adjacent squares, so he can, actually.

Edit: Bah, I should read the stated actions first. :smallyuk:

chilepepper
2010-02-16, 02:41 AM
Where is liquid sunlight from?

Complete scoundrel. It's basically a sling bullet filled with alchemical liquid that shines like a torch. There are further rules if using it as a weapon, but I'll just be using it as a light source.


There is no room southwest of the starting room.

Yeah, I'm retarded, southeast.


All doors are 5ft high so anything will get cover bonuses from your familiar.

That is correct. Sorry, that is not correct. Anything that is touching the ground and is medium or smaller will not have cover as I can draw a line from the bottom-western two corners of my familiars square to any square of the defender without "crossing a square or border" that blocks LoS.


You are opening the door from behind full cover, meaning you don't have LoS to the door, so you can't really do that..

Sorry, I suppose I did state that poorly. Using a tower shield for cover is a non-action. I will technically open the door and then assume total cover.

Sliver
2010-02-16, 02:46 AM
Opening a door would reveal a room, but you instantly hide so you don't really get a chance to see it. Your familiar attacks and goes up..

[roll0]

chilepepper
2010-02-16, 02:59 AM
Note the edit in my previous post.

Further, the familiar will relay what it sees as we both speak Auran.

Anyway, I opened the door, triggering my familiar's readied action. That moves it's initiative to right before mine. So it's whatever is in the room's turn, though at that point neither my familiar nor I have LoS unless it moves to adjacent to the door.

My familiar will move down and then south, using flyby attack to spit again.

[roll0]
[roll1]

On my turn, I'll move adjacent to the door to block it while maintaining full cover.

Sliver
2010-02-16, 03:03 AM
The familiar tells you that there was a man and a beast in the room. As it swoops in to attack again, it tells you there is only a man there, and then a color spray washes out through the door before his attack.

chilepepper
2010-02-16, 03:16 AM
Familiar will save

[roll0]

Sliver
2010-02-16, 03:21 AM
Alright. Pass. You hear a door open.

chilepepper
2010-02-16, 03:28 AM
From what direction?

Sliver
2010-02-16, 03:30 AM
That would be a listen check, but from inside the room..

chilepepper
2010-02-16, 03:37 AM
My familiar is going to delay while I take a peek before reassuming cover.

Sliver
2010-02-16, 03:45 AM
{table]_|A_|B_|C_|D_|E|
1|
2|
3|
4|[/table]

You are outside A2. There are doors at E3 and E4 south. The door at E4 is open. The room is otherwise empty.

chilepepper
2010-02-16, 03:53 AM
I order the familiar to go after him (100' movement) and shout if found.

Flyby attack if possible
[roll0]
[roll1] slam

Sliver
2010-02-16, 03:57 AM
You hear a shout. A second later the hall is washed in color spray from behind you.

chilepepper
2010-02-16, 04:21 AM
Behind me? Behind me is a wall.

Sliver
2010-02-16, 04:25 AM
| | | |
| |_|1
| _2_|
| |

You are 1, spray comes from 2.

chilepepper
2010-02-16, 04:49 AM
Okay.

[roll0]
.............

Sliver
2010-02-16, 04:50 AM
Pass. Your turn.

chilepepper
2010-02-16, 05:05 AM
5' step south, take cover, and shout a sitrep to my familiar.

Familair
Attack from 5' south/+5' of me and continue straight up from there.
[roll0]
[roll1] acid

Sliver
2010-02-16, 05:07 AM
If you go 5ft south, you are next to him and south of you is a wall..

chilepepper
2010-02-16, 05:17 AM
Make that north, I'm tired.

Sliver
2010-02-16, 05:19 AM
A hit. He steps into the turn and casts a spell: [roll0] [roll1] cold damage.

chilepepper
2010-02-16, 05:36 AM
Depending on the target of the attack, that either missed my familiar or hit my shield doing nothing.

Familiar moves to 5' north of me/+5', spits, then moves to be 5' west/+5' of the enemy.

[roll0]
[roll1]

I continue taking cover.

chilepepper
2010-02-17, 11:36 PM
bumpity bump

Sliver
2010-02-18, 12:50 AM
Oh.. Right..

Just please write stuff like "Touch attack" and "Acid damage"

That downs him.. 150xp, longsword, chain shirt.

chilepepper
2010-02-18, 01:29 AM
Righto.

Approach the room to the east from the south entrance.

I'll position myself in front of the door. Familiar (let's name him Corey Olis) will ready to attack on LoS from +5' above me.

Open the door, take full cover, listen to Corey's description of the room.

Corey
[roll0] touch, flatfooted
[roll1] acid
Move up to +10'

Initiative if necessary
NG3[roll2]
Corey[roll3]

chilepepper
2010-02-18, 01:33 AM
The map Tanaric game me has red, blue, green, and pink-circle dots on it; but no room numbers. Does yours have the dots, so that I can reference them to avoid room confusion?

Sliver
2010-02-18, 01:37 AM
I believe I know what dots your talking about, but better give me the map anyway..


To determine whether your target has cover from your ranged attack, choose a corner of your square. If any line from this corner to any corner of the targetís square passes through a square or border that blocks line of effect or provides cover, or through a square occupied by a creature, the target has cover (+4 to AC).

It is any corner. When using 3d movement, you can't treat it like 2d. All targets will have cover if you use that tactic..

Opening the door reveals the following room:
{table]|A_|B_|C_|D_|E_
1|||||
2|||||
3||||1|
4|||||
5||||| [/table]
There is a door at B5, which you are just outside of, and another at B1. There is an orc in the middle of the room. It holds a Ripper and wears a chainmail, as well as a pair of goggles.
Initiative:[roll0]

The attack was a hit..

chilepepper
2010-02-18, 01:53 AM
In the Arena (which is where we get all our other rules), creatures are treated as cubes for the purpose of LoS, etc., when necessary. From the bottom (in terms of altitude) southern corners, he can see every corner of a medium or smaller creature falling completely within the 2d 45deg area whose vertex is centered in his square pointing north. Further he can see, but has cover relative to/from any other cubic area in the room (barring any obstacles in said room).

edit: according to my reckoning, the ogre would have had cover because his southeastern corner crosses the corner of the doorway from Corey's best corners.

The dots on the map:
there's a pink circle outside the southern door of the color spray / animal dude I just fought
there's a blue dot in the hall just north of this current room
there's a red dot exactly east of that blue dot, as east as this map goes
there's a pink circle outside the west door of the switch/cake room (IIRC)

There are others, but that should be enough to establish that we're looking at the same map. If not, I'll upload my map and drop the link.

chilepepper
2010-02-18, 02:00 AM
Corey passes through my square, attacking as he does

[roll0] touch, no cover
[roll1] acid

and finishes his movement 10' to my west at 0 alt.

I take a 5' step west, maintaining total cover.

chilepepper
2010-02-18, 02:03 AM
What is a ripper?

Sliver
2010-02-18, 02:07 AM
A hit and a kill. 150xp. Chainmail, javelin, ripper (planar handbook I believe, like a greatsword, but in spear form. Same everything except it's 5gp more costly and piercing damage), sundark goggles. You also find a chest with 900sp, a bloodstone (50gp) and a scroll (second level spell)

chilepepper
2010-02-18, 02:12 AM
Let's go to the room that is directly east of the starting room.

NG3 is directly south of the southern door.

Corey will be at 0 alt, directly to my west, with the ready.

NG3: open door, take full cover
Corey:
[roll0] flat, touch
[roll1] acid
move 5' west

chilepepper
2010-02-18, 02:15 AM
Inits
[roll0]
[roll1]

Sliver
2010-02-18, 02:15 AM
Opening the door reveals the following room:
{table]|A_|B_|C_|D_|E_
1|||||
2||1|||
3|||||
4|||||
5|||||[/table]
There are doors at A5 south and E1 north.
In the room there is an ugly looking, blue scaled, lizard thing with fire in it's mouth!
Initiative: [roll0]
That was a hit.

chilepepper
2010-02-18, 02:30 AM
I am under the impression that opening the door and attacking happen in the surprise round. If that's the case, it would be the enemies turn, then Corey, then me. If not; it's Corey's turn, then the enemy, then me.

Let me know which way you want to run it.

Corey will make a round trip through my square and back.

[roll0] touch
[roll1] acid

NG3 continues taking full cover.

Sliver
2010-02-18, 02:33 AM
As a readied action it happens outside of turn. Then initiative is rolled..

Miss. As you stand behind cover, acid envelopes you.
[roll0]
[roll1] acid damage. Ref 15 halves. min 1 damage so doesn't matter. I believe you get a bonus for cover.. If you suffer any damage you are entangled for [roll2] rounds

chilepepper
2010-02-18, 02:52 AM
I'm not sure what specifically is granting the breath weapon, but unless it says it's an emanation spread, NG3 is not affected by it since I have total cover. Cone breath weapons should be bursts.

Is Corey in the area?

Sliver
2010-02-18, 02:55 AM
Can you link me to where it says that? I read from the SRD and I don't see anything besides can't be attacked in the total cover section..

chilepepper
2010-02-18, 03:09 AM
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicOverview/spellDescriptions.htm

Burst, Emanation, or Spread

Most spells that affect an area function as a burst, an emanation, or a spread. In each case, you select the spellís point of origin and measure its effect from that point.

A burst spell affects whatever it catches in its area, even including creatures that you canít see. It canít affect creatures with total cover from its point of origin (in other words, its effects donít extend around corners). The default shape for a burst effect is a sphere, but some burst spells are specifically described as cone-shaped. A burstís area defines how far from the point of origin the spellís effect extends.

An emanation spell functions like a burst spell, except that the effect continues to radiate from the point of origin for the duration of the spell. Most emanations are cones or spheres.

A spread spell spreads out like a burst but can turn corners. You select the point of origin, and the spell spreads out a given distance in all directions. Figure the area the spell effect fills by taking into account any turns the spell effect takes.


Cone, Cylinder, Line, or Sphere

Most spells that affect an area have a particular shape, such as a cone, cylinder, line, or sphere.

A cone-shaped spell shoots away from you in a quarter-circle in the direction you designate. It starts from any corner of your square and widens out as it goes. Most cones are either bursts or emanations (see above), and thus wonít go around corners.

When casting a cylinder-shaped spell, you select the spellís point of origin. This point is the center of a horizontal circle, and the spell shoots down from the circle, filling a cylinder. A cylinder-shaped spell ignores any obstructions within its area.

A line-shaped spell shoots away from you in a line in the direction you designate. It starts from any corner of your square and extends to the limit of its range or until it strikes a barrier that blocks line of effect. A line-shaped spell affects all creatures in squares that the line passes through.

Sliver
2010-02-18, 03:10 AM
Alright.. What about your shield?

chilepepper
2010-02-18, 03:22 AM
Well, this is an interesting loop hole.

Unless I roll a 1 on my saving throw, items I'm carrying aren't affected. Since I don't roll a saving throw at all, my shield is unaffected.


Items Surviving after a Saving Throw

Unless the descriptive text for the spell specifies otherwise, all items carried or worn by a creature are assumed to survive a magical attack. If a creature rolls a natural 1 on its saving throw against the effect, however, an exposed item is harmed (if the attack can harm objects).

Spells that target me can instead target my tower shield and affect me, but the breath weapon is an area affect, not a targeted one.

And finally, you can't sunder with a breath weapon.

Sliver
2010-02-18, 03:24 AM
...

Alright.. So nothing happens.. Your turn..

chilepepper
2010-02-18, 03:28 AM
NG3 continues taking full cover.

Corey will make a round trip through my square and back.

[roll0] touch
[roll1] acid

Sliver
2010-02-18, 03:30 AM
And down he goes.. 150xp, chainmail.

chilepepper
2010-02-18, 03:35 AM
Okay, the next room to the east.

I'm in front of the western door. Corey is +5 above me.

Same song and dance.

[roll0] touch, flatfooted
[roll1] acid

Corey moves to +0 to my west, behind me.

Sliver
2010-02-18, 03:37 AM
You kill the kobold.

short sword, chain shirt and 150xp. all small.

chilepepper
2010-02-18, 03:44 AM
What's the difference between a small 150xp and a medium 150xp?

Let's go to the room that is pretty much in the center of the map, just north of where I am presently. It has a pink circle above it's northern door.

I'll approach it from the south. Corey +5 above me and will move to +0 to my south after attacking.

[roll0] touch flat
[roll1] acid

Sliver
2010-02-18, 03:46 AM
Opening the door reveals the following room:
{table]|A_|B_|C_|D_
1||||
2||C|C|
3||C|C|
4||C|C|
5||||[/table]
The room contains a large chest with a note attached to itís latch. There are doors at C5, D2 and D1 north. 

Edit: Wielding small xp has the penalty for using inappropriately sized weapons. Duh..

chilepepper
2010-02-18, 04:16 AM
Something, something, wait, something, something.

Let's see, last time I read the note, waited 10 rounds, opened it, waited a round, then took what was inside.

I don't know how much of that is necessary, but since it works, that's what I do.

I don't remember what was inside though.

The room to the west of this one. I'll go around to the western door.

Corey +5' above me, moves west behind me after attacking.

[roll0] touch flat
[roll1] acid

[roll2]
[roll3]

Sliver
2010-02-18, 04:43 AM
Please update your sheet more often..

You find 4 platinum coins.

Opening the door reveals the following room:{table]|A_|B_|C_|D_|E_|F_
1||||||
2||||||
3||||1||
4||||||[/table]
There are doors at A3 and F4 south.
In the room is a gray wrinkled humanoid, crawling low with claws extending from it's hands.
Initiative: [roll0]

Your attack is a miss.

chilepepper
2010-02-18, 05:15 AM
Was that sarcasm?

Corey makes the round trip to my space and back.

[roll0] touch
[roll1] acid

Sliver
2010-02-18, 05:19 AM
Asking you to update your sheet more often? No.. Unless you didn't get any xp yet..

The attack hits. The thing charges you, striking at your shield:

[roll0] - opposed attack, right?
[roll1] - that will most likely do nothing..

chilepepper
2010-02-18, 05:32 AM
Sorry, I've been putting the links to loot under my purchase log. I'm used to the Arena where you don't get to level until after the round is finished. I'll go through and tally up in just a second. I thought it was sarcasm because I've updated my sheet like 10 times tonight.

Sundering my shield would normally incur an AoO, but since we've got total cover, I don't threaten him.

It is then an opposed attack roll [roll0] edit: it hits the shield but does no damage

On my turn, I'll continue taking total cover.

Corey will move up +5'
[roll1] touch, defender has cover
[roll2] acid

Sliver
2010-02-18, 05:34 AM
Miss.

[roll0] It's a sunder attempt..
[roll1]

chilepepper
2010-02-18, 05:40 AM
[roll0] - 1 damage if he wins

I'll back up west into the corner, then continue taking total cover.

Corey will drop down to +0 to my east to spit, and continue moving my flying up to +20' right above me.
[roll1] touch, no cover
[roll2]

chilepepper
2010-02-18, 05:41 AM
Is he taking the -4 for his claws being light weapons?

Sliver
2010-02-18, 05:44 AM
No, that was not calculated before, forgot. Thanks.

Miss. You are provoking then?

If so: [roll0] [roll1]

It charges your shield: [roll2] [roll3]

chilepepper
2010-02-18, 06:00 AM
My action would normally provoke, but I have total cover so he doesn't threaten me.

Also, you can't charge a sunder, so he wouldn't get the +2.

Opposed [roll0]

Corey will drop down to +5', 5' south of me and spit, finishing by moving up to +10'

[roll1] touch, cover
[roll2] acid

I'll move 5' south and continue with the total cover.

Sliver
2010-02-18, 06:05 AM
Why, exactly, can't one sunder on a charge?

Hit. He steps after you and strikes the shield

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

chilepepper
2010-02-18, 06:22 AM
Sorry, charging a sunder is legal. You were fine.

[roll0]
[roll1]

I'll back up 5'

Corey moves to my square +5' and finishes my square +10'

[roll2] touch, cover
[roll3] acid

chilepepper
2010-02-18, 06:23 AM
A tie is a miss, and the second hits but doesn't do damage.

Sliver
2010-02-18, 06:28 AM
Uhh.. I don't think so.. The sunder section doesn't address it, and in all opposed roll cases, the higher modifier wins..

The acid hits and brings him down though, 150xp.

chilepepper
2010-02-18, 06:32 AM
Consequences. If you beat the defender, roll damage and deal it to the weapon or shield.

He didn't beat me, we tied.

Also, bull rush is a beat or fail, as is disarm.

Grapple is specifically different: In case of a tie, the combatant with the higher grapple check modifier wins. If this is a tie, roll again to break the tie.

Sliver
2010-02-18, 06:51 AM
As is initiative and any opposed check..

But alright.. I see your point..

chilepepper
2010-02-18, 11:23 AM
Let's go to the room to the north west. It's 15' wide and 30' tall.

West door, Corey 5' north of me +0 alt.

touch, flat
[roll1] acid

Moves up to +15, directly above me.

[roll]1d20-
[roll2]

chilepepper
2010-02-18, 11:24 AM
[roll0]

falalalalala

Sliver
2010-02-18, 11:26 AM
Opening the door reveals the following room:
{table]|A_|B_|C_
1|||
2|||
3||1|
4|||
5|||
6|||[/table]
There is a door at A-1 west, B-1, and another at C-1 east
There is a gnome sized figure with a white dragonís head, ivory scales and short swords standing in the room
Initiative:[roll0]
Hit.

chilepepper
2010-02-18, 11:34 AM
Moving down then up altitude-wise

[roll0] touch
[roll1] acid

chilepepper
2010-02-18, 11:35 AM
I'll take a step to the south and continue cover.

Sliver
2010-02-18, 11:41 AM
Miss. Nothing happens. Your turn.

chilepepper
2010-02-18, 11:27 PM
I'll 5' step back into the doorway and ready an action to move if attacked.

If I don't get breathed on Corey will then drop in behind me, spit, then retreat to the ceiling outside the door.

[roll0] touch, cover
[roll1] acid

chilepepper
2010-02-20, 10:22 AM
bump567890

Sliver
2010-02-20, 10:26 AM
Well, the creature does attempt to breath at you and you move away. [roll0]

chilepepper
2010-02-20, 05:13 PM
After the breath, Corey will perform the stated actions but instead finish his move to be right behind me.

Crit confirmation
[roll0]
[roll1] additional acid

Sliver
2010-02-21, 12:22 AM
Can Dissolving Spittle crit? It seems like a SLA but only weaponlike spells can crit and that one is just a glob of acid, so I don't think it counts...

Otherwise, your turn.

chilepepper
2010-02-21, 07:03 PM
I can look for a more supported answer, but I assumed since it was a weapon-like whatever it is, it would crit like weapon-like spells do. The definition of weapon-like was something to the effect of "has an attack roll and does damage".

chilepepper
2010-02-22, 12:39 AM
Complete Arcane's weapon-like rules just let you use feats and abilities on spells and SLAs.

Anything that requires an attack roll and does damage falls under the attack rules in the PH/SRD.


Automatic Misses and Hits

A natural 1 (the d20 comes up 1) on the attack roll is always a miss. A natural 20 (the d20 comes up 20) is always a hit. A natural 20 is also a threatóa possible critical hit.


Critical Hits

When you make an attack roll and get a natural 20 (the d20 shows 20), you hit regardless of your targetís Armor Class, and you have scored a threat. The hit might be a critical hit (or "crit"). To find out if itís a critical hit, you immediately make a critical rollóanother attack roll with all the same modifiers as the attack roll you just made. If the critical roll also results in a hit against the targetís AC, your original hit is a critical hit. (The critical roll just needs to hit to give you a crit. It doesnít need to come up 20 again.) If the critical roll is a miss, then your hit is just a regular hit.

A critical hit means that you roll your damage more than once, with all your usual bonuses, and add the rolls together. Unless otherwise specified, the threat range for a critical hit on an attack roll is 20, and the multiplier is ◊2.


As a standard action, you can spit a glob of acid at a target
within 30 feet. This requires a ranged touch attack to hit
and deals 1d6 points of acid damage.

Sliver
2010-02-22, 12:47 AM
Yeah, I just checked myself.. Your "has an attack roll and does damage" is correct..

Hit, confirm and a kill. 2 small short swords, 4 small darts and 150xp.

chilepepper
2010-02-22, 02:02 AM
Next room north, from the southwestern door.

Corey +5' above me.

[roll0] flat, touch
[roll1] acid

Corey moves to +0 behind me.

[roll2]
[roll3]

chilepepper
2010-02-22, 04:23 AM
bump567890

Sliver
2010-02-22, 04:58 AM
Opening the door reveals the following room:
{table]|A_|B_|C_|D_|E_
1|||||
2|||2||
3|||||
4|||1||
5|||||[/table]
Around a fire are sitting 2 humans. A better look reveals one of them to be an elf and the other has another set of sharp teeth. Elf is #2. There is a door at A5 south, E5 south and D1.
Initiative:[roll0]
[roll1]]

Your attack hits the elf. Corey's turn. You are last after the OpFor.

chilepepper
2010-02-22, 05:10 AM
Attack the elf again
[roll0] touch, cover
[roll1] acid

Continue cover.

Sliver
2010-02-22, 05:11 AM
The attack hits and kills off the elf. The room is filled with obscuring mist.

chilepepper
2010-02-22, 11:59 PM
I'll continue taking cover, Corey will ready an action to attack on LoS each round.

Also, active Listen checks each round, in addition to the passive ones we're granted. If something happens, I'll change actions.

Here's 10 rounds of listen, NG3 (+0) and Corey (+2)
[roll0][roll1]
[roll2][roll3]
[roll4][roll5]
[roll6][roll7]
[roll8][roll9]
[roll10][roll11]
[roll12][roll13]
[roll14][roll15]
[roll16][roll17]
[roll18][roll19]

Sliver
2010-02-24, 05:44 AM
You hear a door open from inside the room after a while, can't pinpoint the exact location though..

chilepepper
2010-02-25, 12:40 AM
I'll ready an action to move if attacked, Corey will move to +5' directly above me and ready an action to attack on LoS.

Sliver
2010-02-25, 12:47 AM
Nothing happens. You wait for the obscuring mist to run out?

chilepepper
2010-02-25, 12:56 AM
Yep............

Sliver
2010-02-25, 01:00 AM
You find the elf's body but Mr Toothy is nowhere to be found. Examining closely, it looks like the elf's money pouch was emptied.

75xp

You find on the elf: Studded leather, light shield, longsword, longbow, 10 arrows, and a scroll (second level spell)

chilepepper
2010-02-25, 01:10 AM
Go through the switch/cake room to the room to it's right. The room is top center on the map.

Corey at +5'

[roll0] touch, flat
[roll1] acid

[roll2]
[roll3]

Sliver
2010-02-25, 01:14 AM
Opening the door reveals the following room:
{table]|A_|B_|C_|D_|E_
1|||||
2|||||
3||||| [/table]
There are doors at A3 west and E3 east.
A string of 4 notes hangs in the center of the room.

chilepepper
2010-02-25, 01:33 AM
Screw the notes. Go to the room directly south.

[roll0] flat, touch
[roll1] acid

[roll2]
[roll3]

Sliver
2010-02-25, 07:33 AM
Miss.

[roll0]

chilepepper
2010-02-26, 12:23 AM
Waiting on the room description.

Sliver
2010-02-26, 03:27 AM
{table]_|A_|B_|C_|D_|E_
1|
2|
3|||1|
4|
5|
6|[/table]

You are outside A1 north I believe, there is a door at E3 and at A6 west. In this room is a primitive looking horned hobgoblin wearing leather and wielding a scimitar.

chilepepper
2010-02-26, 04:16 AM
Yes.

[roll0] touch
[roll1] acid

Sliver
2010-02-26, 04:51 AM
Hit.

He charges you:
[roll0]
[roll1]

chilepepper
2010-02-26, 05:53 AM
I'm guessing that's a sunder attempt. Not going to bother rolling the opposed check since it's not enough to do damage.

[roll0] touch
[roll1] acid

Sliver
2010-02-26, 05:56 AM
Hit. He drinks a potion.[roll0]

chilepepper
2010-02-27, 03:52 PM
Wash rinse and repeat.

[roll0] touch
[roll1] acid

Sliver
2010-02-27, 11:22 PM
Hit. He attacks the shield:

[roll0]
[roll1]

chilepepper
2010-02-28, 12:55 AM
Can't even come close to that, so 1 point of damage to the shield.

[roll0] touch
[roll1] acid

Sliver
2010-02-28, 01:01 AM
Hit.

[roll0]
[roll1]

He falls. 150xp, mwk studded leather, mwk scimitar.

chilepepper
2010-03-01, 07:53 PM
Let's go to the room to the east, the one with only one door on it's west side.

[roll0] touch flat
[roll1] acid

[roll2]
[roll3]

Sliver
2010-03-02, 08:54 AM
{table]_|A_|B_|C_|D_
1|||5
2||||10
3||15[/table]

You enter through A3 east and the attack is a miss. There are 3 black squirrels on the walls at the specified hight.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Sliver
2010-03-02, 08:56 AM
The room is filled with darkness and all squirrels vanish.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

chilepepper
2010-03-02, 11:48 PM
Because they aren't at +0 altitude, I actually don't have LoS to them.

I'll wait out the darkness maintaining cover and Corey readying to spit on LoS.

Sliver
2010-03-03, 12:31 AM
Nothing happens... How long you wait?

chilepepper
2010-03-03, 03:53 AM
I'll wait out the darkness.

Sliver
2010-03-03, 06:26 AM
It passes after 30 minutes..

chilepepper
2010-03-03, 08:26 AM
Corey will move through my square, firing.

[roll0] touch
[roll1] acid

Sliver
2010-03-03, 08:30 AM
As soon as it fires, darkness fills the room again.

chilepepper
2010-03-04, 12:35 AM
Wait and repeat.

[roll0]
[roll1]
touch, acid

Sliver
2010-03-04, 01:06 AM
You wait another 30 minutes.

[roll0]

As soon as you attempt the spit, again darkness fills the room.

chilepepper
2010-03-04, 01:48 AM
Alright, there are 64 cubes that touch either the wall, floor, or ceiling (12 floor, 12 ceiling, 24 per long wall minus 8 that are shared with the floor and ceiling, 18 on the short wall minus the 14 shared by touching wall/floor/ceiling).

Corey has darkvision, so he has a chance of spotting a hidden squirrel. If he can't spot one, he'll spit into a random space.
So, I'll roll a spot.
If that fails then a 3 in 64 chance of randomly picking an occupied square.
Then a miss chance roll, either 20% on a successful spot, or 50% if I rolled 1-3 on a d64.
Finally, the touch attack and acid damage.
1
Spot [roll0]
Random space [roll1] (1, 2, or 3)
Miss chance [roll2] (low=miss)
Touch attack[roll3]
Acid damage [roll4]
2
Spot [roll5]
Random space [roll6] (1, 2, or 3)
Miss chance [roll7] (low=miss)
Touch attack[roll8]
Acid damage [roll9]
3
Spot [roll10]
Random space [roll11] (1, 2, or 3)
Miss chance [roll12] (low=miss)
Touch attack[roll13]
Acid damage [roll14]
4
Spot [roll15]
Random space [roll16] (1, 2, or 3)
Miss chance [roll17] (low=miss)
Touch attack[roll18]
Acid damage [roll19]
5
Spot [roll20]
Random space [roll21] (1, 2, or 3)
Miss chance [roll22] (low=miss)
Touch attack[roll23]
Acid damage [roll24]
6
Spot [roll25]
Random space [roll26] (1, 2, or 3)
Miss chance [roll27] (low=miss)
Touch attack[roll28]
Acid damage [roll29]
7
Spot [roll30]
Random space [roll31] (1, 2, or 3)
Miss chance [roll32] (low=miss)
Touch attack[roll33]
Acid damage [roll34]
8
Spot [roll35]
Random space [roll36] (1, 2, or 3)
Miss chance [roll37] (low=miss)
Touch attack[roll38]
Acid damage [roll39]
9
Spot [roll40]
Random space [roll41] (1, 2, or 3)
Miss chance [roll42] (low=miss)
Touch attack[roll43]
Acid damage [roll44]
10
Spot [roll45]
Random space [roll46] (1, 2, or 3)
Miss chance [roll47] (low=miss)
Touch attack[roll48]
Acid damage [roll49]
11
Spot [roll50]
Random space [roll51] (1, 2, or 3)
Miss chance [roll52] (low=miss)
Touch attack[roll53]
Acid damage [roll54]
12
Spot [roll55]
Random space [roll56] (1, 2, or 3)
Miss chance [roll57] (low=miss)
Touch attack[roll58]
Acid damage [roll59]
13
Spot [roll60]
Random space [roll61] (1, 2, or 3)
Miss chance [roll62] (low=miss)
Touch attack[roll63]
Acid damage [roll64]
14
Spot [roll65]
Random space [roll66] (1, 2, or 3)
Miss chance [roll67] (low=miss)
Touch attack[roll68]
Acid damage [roll69]
15
Spot [roll70]
Random space [roll71] (1, 2, or 3)
Miss chance [roll72] (low=miss)
Touch attack[roll73]
Acid damage [roll74]
16
Spot [roll75]
Random space [roll76] (1, 2, or 3)
Miss chance [roll77] (low=miss)
Touch attack[roll78]
Acid damage [roll79]
17
Spot [roll80]
Random space [roll81] (1, 2, or 3)
Miss chance [roll82] (low=miss)
Touch attack[roll83]
Acid damage [roll84]
18
Spot [roll85]
Random space [roll86] (1, 2, or 3)
Miss chance [roll87] (low=miss)
Touch attack[roll88]
Acid damage [roll89]
19
Spot [roll90]
Random space [roll91] (1, 2, or 3)
Miss chance [roll92] (low=miss)
Touch attack[roll93]
Acid damage [roll94]
20
Spot [roll95]
Random space [roll96] (1, 2, or 3)
Miss chance [roll97] (low=miss)
Touch attack[roll98]
Acid damage [roll99]
21
Spot [roll100]
Random space [roll101] (1, 2, or 3)
Miss chance [roll102] (low=miss)
Touch attack[roll103]
Acid damage [roll104]
22
Spot [roll105]
Random space [roll106] (1, 2, or 3)
Miss chance [roll107] (low=miss)
Touch attack[roll108]
Acid damage [roll109]
23
Spot [roll110]
Random space [roll111] (1, 2, or 3)
Miss chance [roll112] (low=miss)
Touch attack[roll113]
Acid damage [roll114]
24
Spot [roll115]
Random space [roll116] (1, 2, or 3)
Miss chance [roll117] (low=miss)
Touch attack[roll118]
Acid damage [roll119]
25
Spot [roll120]
Random space [roll121] (1, 2, or 3)
Miss chance [roll122] (low=miss)
Touch attack[roll123]
Acid damage [roll124]
26
Spot [roll125]
Random space [roll126] (1, 2, or 3)
Miss chance [roll127] (low=miss)
Touch attack[roll128]
Acid damage [roll129]
27
Spot [roll130]
Random space [roll131] (1, 2, or 3)
Miss chance [roll132] (low=miss)
Touch attack[roll133]
Acid damage [roll134]
28
Spot [roll135]
Random space [roll136] (1, 2, or 3)
Miss chance [roll137] (low=miss)
Touch attack[roll138]
Acid damage [roll139]
29
Spot [roll140]
Random space [roll141] (1, 2, or 3)
Miss chance [roll142] (low=miss)
Touch attack[roll143]
Acid damage [roll144]
30
Spot [roll145]
Random space [roll146] (1, 2, or 3)
Miss chance [roll147] (low=miss)
Touch attack[roll148]
Acid damage [roll149]

chilepepper
2010-03-06, 05:15 PM
I realize that's a huge chunk of data to process. If you'll let me know their touch AC, I'll let you know how much damage I did.

Sliver
2010-03-07, 02:11 AM
Oh, sorry.. forgot..

Erm.. Yes please, it's 15.

chilepepper
2010-03-07, 08:24 AM
Alright, 9 and 27 were misses due to rolling below 20% on the Miss Chance.

All the other spoilers are misses because of a low Attack Roll.

Of what's left, none of the random shots hit the right square so it's down to pass/fail on the spot checks.

Sliver
2010-03-07, 08:26 AM
Their Hide is +19, so roll against that for any of the relevant attacks, alright?

chilepepper
2010-03-07, 08:40 PM
I already rolled spot, but with that information, I ruled out a few more attacks. You've only got 4 to look at now.

Sliver
2010-03-08, 01:57 AM
Then hide:

VS1:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

VS2:
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

VS3:
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]

VS4:
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]

The first attack is a kill.

chilepepper
2010-03-08, 02:17 AM
Do they change their tactics or can we just assume I kill them eventually? Or would you like me to just keep rolling?

Sliver
2010-03-08, 02:17 AM
Lets just go with that.. 150xp.. There is no loot.

chilepepper
2010-03-09, 01:14 AM
That's a level up. I'll take a day or three to choose my level 2 stuffs, so there won't be much action here, but I'll be back.

chilepepper
2010-03-10, 03:34 AM
Taking Druid with a companion ACF and Dragon Shaman. No druid spells because of Wisdom. Bumped up Concentration and Climb; and grabbed Know:Planes cross-classed.

Whilst exploring, I'll have Senses aura up for the + Initiative, then I'll switch to toughness in round 1. After combat, I'll use Vigor if needed; then back to senses.

Gail is going to pretty much do what Corey has been doing.

Let's rock. Two rooms left, I'll take the one that's mid-map east, opening the west door.

Gail will have to stage up behind me in the surprise round, so she's firing through cover.

Corey
[roll0] touch flat
[roll1] acid

Gail
[roll2] touch flat cover
[roll3] acid

NG3
[roll4] +1
Corey
[roll5] +1
Gail
[roll6] +1

Sliver
2010-03-10, 03:36 AM
I'm not sure what room you refer to.. Can you say what was there (if you opened it before) or post the map with an arrow or something?

chilepepper
2010-03-10, 03:39 AM
Southeast of the squirrel room.

edit: saying "two rooms left" was probably confusing, should have said "two rooms remain"

Sliver
2010-03-10, 11:01 AM
No, I should have understood that was the room.. The "left" didn't really have anything to do with that..

Opening the door reveals the following room:
{table]|A_|B_|C_
1|||
2|||
3|||
4|||
5|||
6||1|[/table]
There is a door at A5 and C5.
At 15ft above ground there is a metallic, dog-sized, bug looking construct.
Initiatve: [roll0]

As you open the door, a cone of acid flows out. [roll1] DC14 halves.

chilepepper
2010-03-11, 12:02 AM
NG3 [roll0]
Gail [roll1]

Gail's readied attack still goes off, Corey wouldn't have LoS on door opening.

Sliver
2010-03-11, 02:21 AM
Gail misses. The clockroach moves down and attacks you, triggering Corey's attack I guess, which is a hit.

[roll0]
[roll1]

chilepepper
2010-03-11, 03:35 AM
Since I have full cover, I assume that was a sunder against my shield. Either way, no damage.

Corey attacks from 5'west/+5' (of me)
[roll0] touch
[roll1] acid

Gail attacks from 5'west/+0' (of me)
[roll2] touch
[roll3] acid

I continue taking full cover.

Sliver
2010-03-11, 03:46 AM
Your initiative didn't come up yet, you didn't have cover against the last one..

Gail hits.

This time, sunder, 2 attacks:

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

chilepepper
2010-03-11, 05:28 AM
Taking cover is what I do in the surprise round, so I did have cover. I didn't for it's readied action, but as soon as that was done I was in cover.

Sliver
2010-03-11, 05:32 AM
Huh.. I thought it was at least a free action but looks like it's not so you could do it even FF.. :smallconfused:

Well it couldn't possibly damage the shield so no point.. 150xp.

chilepepper
2010-03-11, 05:35 AM
No the last room, just outside the floor exit.

Corey
[roll0] touch flat
[roll1] acid

Gail
[roll2] touch flat
[roll3] acid

NG3
[roll4]
Corey
[roll5]
Gail
[roll6]

Sliver
2010-03-11, 05:38 AM
You mean the one at the north eastern corner or the one west of that?

chilepepper
2010-03-11, 06:03 AM
East of the hanging notes room, there is a room with only a northern door in its northeastern corner.

Sliver
2010-03-11, 06:05 AM
It is a room with a large red button on a stone raised table in the center of the room with white writing on it.

chilepepper
2010-03-11, 06:10 AM
If it's not in Auran, Gail will describe what each letter looks like until I can figure out what it says.

Sliver
2010-03-11, 06:11 AM
"push Me".

chilepepper
2010-03-11, 06:19 AM
Screw that. Let's go to the vending machines. I declare floor 1 done.

edit: that was the last room right, there's not another one east of here

Sliver
2010-03-11, 06:21 AM
The vending machines are beyond a room with a warforged that I don't think you have dealt with..

chilepepper
2010-03-11, 06:29 AM
C&G ready an action to attack on my command.

I open the door and say "Hi."

Sliver
2010-03-11, 06:30 AM
Opening the door reveals the following room:
{table]|A_|B_|C_|D_|E_
1|||||
2|||||
3||||1|
4|||||
5|||||
6||||| [/table]
There is a door at A-3, which you are just outside of, another at A-5, E5 and D6. There is a metallic humanoid standing in the room looking at you.
Initiative:[roll0] 

Not that it matters. Both attacks hit and trash the forged. 150xp and done.

chilepepper
2010-03-11, 08:58 AM
What attacks?

Sliver
2010-03-11, 09:06 AM
I used the rolls from above (for the earlier room)

chilepepper
2010-03-12, 12:47 AM
I was going to try and talk my way out of this one, but okay.

Time to pull out the catalogs.

chilepepper
2010-03-12, 01:13 AM
What are the scrolls (casting read magic)?

chilepepper
2010-03-12, 01:20 AM
You find the elf's body but Mr Toothy is nowhere to be found. Examining closely, it looks like the elf's money pouch was emptied.

75xp

You find on the elf: Studded leather, light shield, longsword, longbow, 10 arrows, and a scroll (second level spell)

Was that a light wooden or a light steel shield?

edit: SO FAR: sold everything except the shield and the scrolls (just waiting on an answer on those) as well as my current tower shield. bought a masterwork steel tower shield, a least crystal of adamant armor, and another trail bar. Woohoo, heavy encumbrance here I come.

Sliver
2010-03-14, 03:52 AM
Uhh.. Scrolls? I have listing for only 1 scroll (the elf gained one) which is a scroll of darkvision. The shield was wooden. Can you quote the post with the other scrolls gained?

chilepepper
2010-03-14, 11:40 PM
Here are the two posts.


You find the elf's body but Mr Toothy is nowhere to be found. Examining closely, it looks like the elf's money pouch was emptied.

75xp

You find on the elf: Studded leather, light shield, longsword, longbow, 10 arrows, and a scroll (second level spell)


A hit and a kill. 150xp. Chainmail, javelin, ripper (planar handbook I believe, like a greatsword, but in spear form. Same everything except it's 5gp more costly and piercing damage), sundark goggles. You also find a chest with 900sp, a bloodstone (50gp) and a scroll (second level spell)

Sliver
2010-03-16, 02:02 AM
Oh, scroll of cure moderate wounds.

chilepepper
2010-03-16, 02:18 AM
Okay, selling everything and adding to my purchases a wand of entangle with 25 charges.

Eat, drink, sleep, move on.

chilepepper
2010-03-22, 12:18 AM
Did I get abandoned?

term1nally s1ck
2010-04-10, 08:31 PM
RAAAARGH

I'm your new DM. Hi there!

Well, your purchases seem solid, but I have to make a comment on your tactics. Ew. That is all.

Also, if you're using it as total cover, you can't open the door. And you can't take even a non-action while flatfooted. It only counts as total cover once you've acted, and given up your attacks.

Anyway, new floor! Congrats!

1: Starting room. Vending machines are available here, usable only once at the player's discretion.
You come to in the following room:{table]|A_|B_|C_|D_|E_|F_|G_|H_
1|x|x|||||x|x
2|x|||||||x
3||||||||
4||||||||
5||||||||
6|x|||||||x
7|x|x|||||x|x[/table]

There is a door at D-1, and another at D-7. There are vending machines in the room, with a notice that you can use these precisely once.

chilepepper
2010-04-11, 06:08 PM
Readying actions before rolling init is okay?

term1nally s1ck
2010-04-12, 04:30 AM
For anything not opening the door, it is. You can't take actions and still keep a readied action. Your lil friend can tho.

I was just referring to familiar with atk method+tower shield..

chilepepper
2010-04-12, 11:33 PM
New plan: Corey will ready as before, I'll ready to take full cover when Gail opens the door, Gail will open the door.

term1nally s1ck
2010-04-12, 11:43 PM
There are 2 doors. That's fine as a general rule tho.

chilepepper
2010-04-13, 10:36 PM
North.....

term1nally s1ck
2010-04-14, 08:45 AM
Outside the door, the corridor is flooded with water.

5' wide, again, and leading to the east and west.