PDA

View Full Version : 4e Un-Waste my Feat (Mark of shadow)

cupkeyk
2010-02-16, 06:48 PM
Hi all, after months and months of fun with my shifter fighter, he died a most tragic(albeit humorous) death by drowning in lava in Fernia.

Anyhoot, I am making a level 24 Eladrin Wizard/Phiarlan Phantasmist/Winter sovereign, abusing the save penalties. Anyway, It requires that i take mark of shadow which allows me to stay hidden or invisible after missing all my targets and to consider myself to have ritual caster for the purpose of using a bunch of rituals. But i already have ritual caster. -_- And my dex is mediocre, so I am not usre I want to spend my eladrin skill training in stealth. The array is S10(8), C14(12), D14(10), I(26)18, W(18)12, C(14)12.

Aside from taking daily powers that target will and have the fear, charm, illusion or psychic keywords everything else is up in the air. So could you help me un-waste Mark of Shadow?

Kurald Galain
2010-02-16, 06:56 PM
And my dex is mediocre, so I am not usre I want to spend my eladrin skill training in stealth.
A +5 is still a +5. The alternative is spending it on perception, really.

So could you help me un-waste Mark of Shadow?
At epic levels, you have so many feats that you'll hardly notice "wasting" this one. You're pretty unlikely to miss all your targets except if you use a lot of single-target spells - and if you do, you're wasting power slots on single target spells. I wouldn't focus my build on Mark of Shadow; just consider it a side benefit that will rarely come up.