PDA

View Full Version : Avatar

desertfox999
2010-02-16, 08:20 PM
Anybody good at making the "Order of the Stick"-like avatars? If so, and you're feeling charitable, one of Rorschach from "Watchmen" would be awesome. Thanks.

Haruki-kun
2010-02-16, 08:28 PM
Try the Arts and Crafts Section. There's a whole thread for it.

Solaris
2010-02-16, 08:28 PM
You'd be looking for the Arts and Crafts sub-forum, for the 'Request an OOTS-Style Avatar' stickied thread in particular.

Starscream
2010-02-16, 09:54 PM
Anybody good at making the "Order of the Stick"-like avatars?

Not me. See my current and previous avatars for proof.

desertfox999
2010-02-17, 03:10 PM
Thanks, I'm pretty new here (if the "Pixie" part didn't give it away).

golentan
2010-02-17, 03:12 PM
Not me. See my current and previous avatars for proof.

Aw, man. I liked the Konata avatar...

Prime32
2010-02-17, 03:21 PM
Aw, man. I liked the Konata avatar...*sticks head in*

Starscream
2010-02-17, 04:16 PM
*sticks head in*

Yours is much better. The eyes on mine are all kinds of messed up. And nobody could take me seriously with a teenage schoolgirl as my avatar. And the Deadpool one before that looked like a hot dog.

I'd like to make a Lupin III one, but his head is kind of oddly shaped. Too long and thin to translate well to the OOTS style.

Starfols
2010-02-17, 04:23 PM
Yours is much better. The eyes on mine are all kinds of messed up. And nobody could take me seriously with a teenage schoolgirl as my avatar. And the Deadpool one before that looked like a hot dog.

I'd like to make a Lupin III one, but his head is kind of oddly shaped. Too long and thin to translate well to the OOTS style.

It's got a really nice pose, though. The eyes are hardly noticeable, because of the hair between them.
Heck, I don't know what I'm doing here, I'm not even using an OOTS avatar.

skywalker
2010-02-18, 01:45 AM
You'd be looking for the Arts and Crafts sub-forum, for the 'Request an OOTS-Style Avatar' stickied thread in particular.

Linkplz! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122056)

And the Deadpool one before that looked like a hot dog.

But this is overcome by the sheer awesomeness.

Seriously, until you pointed it out, I never noticed that the avatar could be considered "bad" by some definitions.

In short, you had an awesome avatar, don't sell yourself short.

(This happens to me often, I like a piece of art, and the artist comes along and says "this is wrong, this is wrong, this is wrong" and I go "oh, yeah, I guess it is. Nevermind about me liking it?")

Starscream
2010-02-18, 02:39 AM
Seriously, until you pointed it out, I never noticed that the avatar could be considered "bad" by some definitions.

In short, you had an awesome avatar, don't sell yourself short.

You didn't have to look at it as much as I did. :smalltongue:

I just made this new one, and I'm already finding faults with it (the hands are too small and the pocket is on the wrong side). Fortunately, I kept the original Illustrator file, so I can fix it instead of replacing it so soon.

Mostly it's just a case of me being bored in the middle of the night, thinking "Gee, I'll draw something to pass the time" and then realizing later that nobody does their best work at 3 am.