PDA

View Full Version : Wealth Feats?

Honeko
2010-02-16, 11:31 PM
I was looking over a bunch of feats and I can't seem to find any others, like them.

In particular, wealth feats such as Wealth, Nobleman, Gentry from the book Feats with all give a boost to your starting gold. My DM is also a fan of Silver Spoon which doubles your starting gold.

But my question is... Are there more feats out there that will increase your starting gold?

deuxhero
2010-02-16, 11:32 PM
Mercentile background doesn't increase your starting wealth, but it allows you to sell things for more money and sometimes buy things for less.

Claudius Maximus
2010-02-17, 12:18 AM
Apprentice: Criminal feat from DMGII grants you an extra 100 starting gold.

Eurus
2010-02-17, 12:19 AM
What on earth happens if you retrain one of those? :smallconfused:

Thurbane
2010-02-17, 12:27 AM
What on earth happens if you retrain one of those? :smallconfused:
The Taxman Cometh. :smallbiggrin:

Jon_Dahl
2010-02-17, 12:53 AM
If home-brew is ok you might want to check this out:
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142051
:)

Tyndmyr
2010-02-17, 08:03 AM
SBG contains a feat that grants you tens of thousands of gold(more each level).

Unfortunately, this is only usable for the purposes of building stuff. On the bright side, you can always sell buildings too.

Person_Man
2010-02-17, 09:26 AM
Not exactly what you're looking for, but...

Ancestral Relic: Pick one item (usually a weapon). You get this item for free (essentially adding to your initial wealth), and you can sacrifice treasure to improve that item, bypassing the need to sell stuff at the standard 50% mark down, and then find someone to improve it. Book of Exalted Deeds pg 39.

Mercantile Background: You can sell items at 75% of their listed cost, instead of the normal 50%. Player’s Guide to Faerun pg 41.

These feats are only useful if you are playing in a LONG term campaign, AND your DM follows wealth by level without adjusting your party's wealth up or down based on his concept of balance. Otherwise they are useless.

babson99
2010-02-17, 09:32 AM
In Monte Cook's Arcana Unearthed, there's the Wealthy feat: start with double the maximum gold, and then sometime between 6th and 10th level you come into an inheritance of 1000 GP x character level.

Asheram
2010-02-17, 09:37 AM

Aaaah! The terror! :smalleek:

Zom B
2010-02-17, 09:38 AM
If home-brew is ok you might want to check this out:
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142051
:)

Also, Pact of Greed (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138469).

Xenogears
2010-02-17, 10:17 AM

You mean him: http://somethingpositive.net/sp04152004.shtml ?

Anxe
2010-02-17, 11:49 AM
If you put some skill ranks into the right Craft skill then the cost of your non-magical equipment is significantly less.

Greenish
2010-02-17, 11:59 AM
I was looking over a bunch of feats and I can't seem to find any others, like them.

In particular, wealth feats such as Wealth, Nobleman, Gentry from the book Feats with all give a boost to your starting gold. My DM is also a fan of Silver Spoon which doubles your starting gold.

But my question is... Are there more feats out there that will increase your starting gold?"Windfall" feat increases your wealth, gives bonus for profession and stacks with itself.

Honeko
2010-02-17, 08:09 PM
"Windfall" feat increases your wealth, gives bonus for profession and stacks with itself.

I can't seem to find this feat anywhere. Where'd you find it?

Eldariel
2010-02-18, 05:32 AM
Mercentile background doesn't increase your starting wealth, but it allows you to sell things for more money and sometimes buy things for less.

Yes it does. You get extra 300gp on level 1. Which is more than thrice the average starting wealth and thus a slightly big deal. Unless you're an aristocrat. Of course, it becomes less of a big deal in couple of levels, but that's when the Big Money just starts to kick in from the other abilities of the feat. If you didn't figure it out yet, Mercantile Background kicks ass.

hewhosaysfish
2010-02-18, 07:34 AM
Mercantile Background: You can sell items at 75% of their listed cost, instead of the normal 50%. Player’s Guide to Faerun pg 41.

These feats are only useful if you are playing in a LONG term campaign, AND your DM follows wealth by level without adjusting your party's wealth up or down based on his concept of balance. Otherwise they are useless.

The University RPG society I'm part of once tried to run a Living Campaign in Faerun for a while. By the end it had about 30 players in it.
One of them took the Mercantile Background feat and came up with the idea of buying loot from the other players at 60% and selling it for a profit.
By the time the campaign fell apart, he was practically wiping his butt with high-level scrolls.

Sliver
2010-02-18, 07:41 AM
If you put some skill ranks into the right Craft skill then the cost of your non-magical equipment is significantly less.

Unless you have high Int, then some skill ranks won't even matter that much. Even a +3 Int bonus can cover a good amount of mundane stuff..