PDA

View Full Version : Strange Dreams itP

AtomicKitKat
2010-02-17, 01:34 PM
So this afternoon, I figured I'd try to take a nap, catch up on the sleep I've been lacking these past few weeks.

~~Dream state~~
I look up, and I see a fighter jet, painted in ground camo colours(oddly) flying overhead. It flies past me, and somehow, I see it flying into one of the towers in the building I work at (http://www.bestplacesexplorer.com/images/suntec%20city%201.gif). This would not really be unusual, except that the place I work at is a good hour's train ride away from my house. And the sky was dark, like night. While reeling in shock with some people I've never seen before, I spot another plane, this one bigger, slamming into another of the towers. Shortly after, it turns into "the next day", and I'm wandering around the wreckage with my cousins, trying to see if I can find my shop amidst the wreckage. I wake up shortly after.
~~End dream state~~

Apart from the obvious 9/11 similarity, this is the second time I've dreamed about planes crashing into buildings. A couple years ago, I had a similar dream where a fighter jet slammed into my apartment block while I was a couple blocks away. Anyone have any thoughts/interpretations? I'm kind of confused as to the significance of this dream, and maybe even the previous one.:smallconfused:

Pocketa
2010-02-18, 01:59 AM
I sometimes have those dreams where I get in bed, close my eyes, and wake up and it's already time for school. That's not really a dream though.

Lioness
2010-02-18, 06:22 AM
I have really weird dreams, quite frequently.

Last night I had a dream that I took mum's car and drove along a windy cliff road to a library, which was in the middle of a storm. I met people at the library, and for some reason went into hiding. Then I ran away and caught fish. This was illegal however, so upon return to the library, they confiscated my fish. I stole them back, showed them off, and ate them.

Then I woke up.

Dogmantra
2010-02-18, 06:47 AM
I have had several weird dreams recently.

Last night I dreamt that, having got back from holiday, I had to go back to school. I only realised when I was there that it was actually half term for another four days, and school starts again on Monday. There were loads of people there too, who had evidently also forgotten. Then the dream started to get a little weirder. It turned out that actually this was my old school (despite every single person there being from my current school) because one of the teachers was from my old school. She said hello and so did I and all that jazz. Then she offered to give me a tour of the school, so I could see how it had changed. The only thing she actually wanted to show me was this construction site on it, where she said it would be fine to go inside the large machinery (it was either a crane or a wrecking ball thing), despite having no supervision. She handed me a high visibility jacket and a helmet, so I thought nothing more. Apparently there was a pinhole camera inside the machine which showed the workmen when someone was using it. They came up and arrested my teacher, and told me I would have to have 100 years in prison or pay a fine to the same worth. I said that I didn't have that sort of money and I really didn't know it was against the law and everything. Then the workman said that when he had illegally got into some heavy machinery, he had done his 100 years, despite not knowing that it was illegal and looking about 30 something. Yeah... it was strange.

Then there was the time where, again at my school (though this time there wasn't anyone I recognised there, bar two who only came into play later) we had to do a "general proficiency test" which involved disproportionate amounts of swimming. It wasn't a swimming test, just a test... We were split up into groups and some girl handed me a Religious Studies textbook and showed me a page with a box where there were four words. She told me that she had done the test before and that the first thing we would need to do was draw a graph of them. Bear in mind that they were, I think, four factors that create a non-perfect world, stuff like suffering and whatnot. I have no idea how you're supposed to graph them against anything... Well, after that, we went to the swimming pool, but we ran out of time, and had a break. When we got back, we were in a field and there was a man there who gave us a "pep talk". It's in inverted commas because it was actually just 3 puppies cuddling. Classmate I Actually Recognised 1 expressed his thoughts on how cute they were by shouting really loudly "AAAAWWWWW" and everyone laughed. After this, we went into the middle of a game of Team Fortress 2, with one difference: we were the actual classes. I was a spy, so I sapped some buildings, but then I tripped over. Classmate I Actually Recognised 2 was on the opposite team, and he came up, tapped my thigh and declared that I was not a spy. Then he shot me anyway. That was the end of the dream.

The third weird one I can remember was a lot shorter. I was at my house, though it wasn't my house, because there were people from, yep, my school there. One of them was wearing a Sho Minamimoto outfit. I was really envious. I asked him where he got it. He replied "an anime shop in Japan". In real life, I'm not sure if he actually knows what anime is. He almost certainly doesn't watch it and I know for a fact he's never visited any "anime shops in Japan".

Raiki
2010-02-18, 09:28 PM
I can still remember this one strange dream I had when I was...I think three?

Anyway, I was sleeping (in the dream) on a water bed. (Now, mind you, I'm not sure where I'd even seen a water bed when I was three, but that's another question entirely.) In the dream, some large troll-ish monster came running and jumped onto the bed, making me fly off. (I apparently also had a relatively good grasp of water-bed-physics.) When I fell, I landed in the arms of a strange, toddlers sized jack-in-the-box. Incidently, the "Jack" was ALF (Anyone remember that show?). ALF pulled me down into the box, where I began to suffocate. At this point I woke up.

I don't know why, but I can't seem to forget this dream to this day, some twenty odd years later.

There was also one dream about being half a cockroach/grasshopper glued to what appeared to be an ink blotter, but I don't even want to talk about that one.
That nightmare still gives me nightmares.

~R~

Sneak
2010-02-18, 09:32 PM
I once—once as in years ago, when I was fairly young—had a nightmare. All it consisted of was an large, completely red, carpeted room (that I somehow knew was on a train), empty except for a very short albino woman (who may have slightly resembled the albino from The Princess Bride).

It was really scary. For some strange, inexplicable reason.

Sadly, I haven't been able to remember any of my dreams for years.

CrimsonAngel
2010-02-18, 09:35 PM
My nightmares usualy consist of Pale, faceless women in all black, covered in blood.

ScottishDragon
2010-02-18, 09:37 PM
About ten years ago i had a dream that i was standing on an island made of concrete.Around me the covenant from halo were driving pirate ships aroun me and fairies with my friends faces on them were flying about.

This i had when i was 3 1/2 and will never forget it.:

Me and my friends were in a haunted house.In it was a tube like the thing you see at mcdonalds, we climbed in it,and my friends got ahead of me leaving me alone.Haunting music started to play and i ran into a room.A bunch of my friends were hiding in it.I hid behind a door and then some sort of combination of lizard/zombie/cthulu opened the door and came at me.Then i woke up.:smalleek:

after i turned 7 i haven't had a dream in forever and when i do i forget them.

Sneak
2010-02-18, 09:50 PM
I sometimes have those dreams where I get in bed, close my eyes, and wake up and it's already time for school. That's not really a dream though.

That sounds absolutely horrifying.

My nightmares usualy consist of Pale, faceless women in all black, covered in blood.

Your minds sounds like a fun place. :smalltongue:

This i had when i was 3 1/2 and will never forget it.:

Me and my friends were in a haunted house.In it was a tube like the thing you see at mcdonalds, we climbed in it,and my friends got ahead of me leaving me alone.Haunting music started to play and i ran into a room.A bunch of my friends were hiding in it.I hid behind a door and then some sort of combination of lizard/zombie/cthulu opened the door and came at me.Then i woke up.:smalleek:

The scariest part of this is the reference to McDonald's. :smalleek:

Okay, okay, I'm sorry, I know, McDonald's is too easy a target. I just couldn't resist...

Fan
2010-02-18, 10:06 PM

The Slender Woman has found you!

Quickly, purge your dreams of this evil!

Silverraptor
2010-02-19, 12:07 AM
My friend and I once had the same dream from different perspectives. The reason why was in the dream, we tere tag-teaming in a Yu-gi-oh match against a major bad guy. And when we were telling each other about it, we would then complete the other's sentences on what each move was. Each of us succeeded with 100% accuracy, right down to the exact word we used in each other's dream.

So ya, share the exact same dream with someone at the exact same time and that would be strange.:smallcool:

Solaris
2010-02-19, 02:47 AM
My friend and I once had the same dream from different perspectives. The reason why was in the dream, we tere tag-teaming in a Yu-gi-oh match against a major bad guy. And when we were telling each other about it, we would then complete the other's sentences on what each move was. Each of us succeeded with 100% accuracy, right down to the exact word we used in each other's dream.

So ya, share the exact same dream with someone at the exact same time and that would be strange.:smallcool:

I think if I ever synced minds with someone like that, somebody's brains are getting splattered. 'S all I'm sayin'.

I had a dream a few weeks back that involved me being trapped back in high school and my parent's house. Strangely, no zombies involved, but it was still unnerving. Had to get up, ride my bike to school, then try explaining to them that I wasn't a student anymore, I was in the Army and was supposed to be a thousand miles away from there. I was actually happy to wake up from that one and go to morning PT.

randman22222
2010-02-19, 09:58 AM
What do you get when you spend the hour and a half before you go to bed learning to play/sing "You Know My Name (http://listen.grooveshark.com/#/s/You+Know+My+Name/rwaSL)"?

A dream in which you have to chase "the bad guys" with an old friend you haven't seen in a while, in James Bond cars. I wrecked the first one, which was some kind of old VW-Pinto hybrid. Then I got a BMW. I wrecked that one as well.

Then I got a Mercedes garbage truck James Bond car! :smallcool:

That one I didn't wreck.

Coplantor
2010-02-19, 10:14 AM
This was my strangest dream ever, no wait, I lie, I had a couple of dreams that can easily match this one, anyway, here I go.

It started with a bunch of giant robots attacking the city, wich city? I dont know. A lot of DC superheroes and space ghost save the city from the robots wich then get, and hear this, a fair trial.

People of the city against the giant robots. The situation in the court room was quite tense, see, the jury was composed mainly by robots, so one of the guys who went to see the trial stands up and yells: "This trial is fixed! The robots in the jury will fail in their favour!", people started to talk untill one robot got up from his seat and said "Please! Please! Dont judge us by our horrible robot face, and see us, as gods!"

Meanwhile, people gathered outside the court room, one of wich was a naked four legged woman whose butt cheeks started to grow faces wich looked too much like the worm from the cropse bride.

The judge was worried because the robot's lawyer had'nt arrived yet and suddenly BAM! a circus truck smashes in through the wall behind the judge and parks outside the court room, the backdoor of the truck aligned itself with the court door, it opened and a transvestite octopus wich, for some reason you could easily infer that he was not happy by beign a transvestite and that actually he was forced into cross dressing by his boss the lawyer because he wanted a female secretary but could'nt get one(it's funny how dreams work right?) got out from it and introduced the lawyer wich I could'nt see because I woke up.

GrlumpTheElder
2010-02-19, 01:07 PM
I've had some weird dreams in my time.

There was a period a couple of years ago when I could remember them quite vividly and wrote them down. By analysing them, I managed to find influences from a day or two before.

One of the best dreams I've had is this:

I am the president of the United States and I'm sitting in the oval office. Suddenly my VP comes in and says that the war with Iraq had to be called off due to bad weather, so I ask him where else we can invade and he suggests Lietchenstein and I say Ok. I sit down and it is the next day. I start reading a newspaper and it says that the American Army has been 'bazzled' by the Lietchenstein resistance led by Karl Marx, so I get into a tank and drive out of the window and there is Karl Marx playing golf. I start fighting him with a sword but then I realise that it isn't Karl Marx but someone else. Then I realise that I'm Karl Marx and have defeated myself...

Then I woke up.

Silverraptor
2010-02-19, 02:02 PM
I had a strange dream last night. My sister and one of her friends was a ways in front of me running on the beach towards some weird ruins. I didn't examine them too closely because there was a gigantic Dragonsized and shaped bird hovering really high. It was extrememly colored, so I watched it as I was walking on the beach.

Then the bird stopped circling and started diving straight at me. My initial thought was, "Oh crap." I waited til the last second then side-stepped/hopped away and the thing crash into the sand. It was about the size of a house and almost instantly recovered, crushing a boulder in it's beak and sqreeching at me.

I ran as fast as I could while it took off in the air. I ran towards the ruins which happened to be slanted and had a bunch of oversized movie theather seats in rows all the way up. As I was running up the stairs, a shadow appeared in my peripheral vision. Again I thought, "Oh crap." And dived under the oversized seats, which happened to block off the sky completely for some reason. I then weaved my way throught the seats and then managed to appear on the top row. There was a door several steps higher, and I was running towards the steps to get in. But then my sister and her friend were running up the steps with the bird on the ground close on their heels. Then the mom of her friend came out of the door and hurried forward.

She raised her hand at the oncoming bird and yelled at it in a strange language which sounded Russian for some reason, but I'm not sure. Anyways, I was a good 30 feet from the stairs when she said a sentence to the bird and then continued after my sister and her friend. I instantly knew she said that the tall guy was delicious and thought "Oh Crap." When the bird turned it's face towards me, my thought changed to, "OH CRAP!!"

And then I went back to diving under the seats to escape the bird. I had a couple of near misses and then finally I woke up.

Strawberries
2010-02-19, 02:30 PM
I had a strange dream last night. My sister and one of her friends was a ways in front of me running on the beach towards some weird ruins. I didn't examine them too closely because there was a gigantic Dragonsized and shaped bird hovering really high. It was extrememly colored, so I watched it as I was walking on the beach.

Then the bird stopped circling and started diving straight at me. My initial thought was, "Oh crap." I waited til the last second then side-stepped/hopped away and the thing crash into the sand. It was about the size of a house and almost instantly recovered, crushing a boulder in it's beak and sqreeching at me.

Did you, by any chance, happen to read “IT” recently? That may explain a lot…

My latest dream was very funny. For some strange reason I wasn’t yet living with my boyfriend, but I was still at my parents’ house. Anyway, Earth was being attacked and we had to evacuate. My parents and my granny were already to safety, and I was packing and waiting for my boyfriend to pick me up with our starship (because we actually had one). I end packing my laptop and two big bags of books, the ones that I absolutely can’t leave behind.

My boyfriend arrives and I discover that my bags don’t fit in the starship (it was actually the size of a small European car). Cue big argument on the spot, that went along the line of:

Me “Why couldn’t you have bought a bigger starship!”
Boyfriend “Why couldn’t YOU have converted your books in pdf”
Me “HERESY! Well, we will just have to leave your clothes, then.”
Boyfriend “You expect me to leave the planet without a change of clothes? Wait, where are your clothes?”
Me “Oh, I didn’t bring any. More room for the books”
Boyfriend :smalleek:

And then I woke up. We laughed about it for hours, making plan to save money to buy a decent-sized starship.:smalltongue:

Silverraptor
2010-02-19, 02:32 PM
Did you, by any chance, happen to read “IT” recently? That may explain a lot…

What is "IT"?:smallconfused:

Strawberries
2010-02-19, 02:35 PM
What is "IT"?:smallconfused:

A novel by Stephen King

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It_%28novel%29.

It has, among other things, a giant bird attacking people. If you like horror books, it's worth reading.

rayne_dragon
2010-02-19, 02:42 PM
Anyone have any thoughts/interpretations? I'm kind of confused as to the significance of this dream, and maybe even the previous one.:smallconfused:

Possibly your subconcious is worried about your job security. At least that's what I get it from, but it's not like I'm a professional dream interpreter. Although that's only because I don't like the idea of charging money for telling people things they already know.

Dogmantra
2010-02-19, 02:46 PM
I've had some weird dreams in my time.

There was a period a couple of years ago when I could remember them quite vividly and wrote them down. By analysing them, I managed to find influences from a day or two before.

One of the best dreams I've had is this:

I am the president of the United States and I'm sitting in the oval office. Suddenly my VP comes in and says that the war with Iraq had to be called off due to bad weather, so I ask him where else we can invade and he suggests Lietchenstein and I say Ok. I sit down and it is the next day. I start reading a newspaper and it says that the American Army has been 'bazzled' by the Lietchenstein resistance led by Karl Marx, so I get into a tank and drive out of the window and there is Karl Marx playing golf. I start fighting him with a sword but then I realise that it isn't Karl Marx but someone else. Then I realise that I'm Karl Marx and have defeated myself...

Then I woke up.
I am laughing so much right now.

Seriously, if I could legitimately use the phrases "I get into a tank and drive out of the window and there is Karl Marx playing golf." and "Then I realise that I'm Karl Marx and have defeated myself" I would do so all the time.

Silverraptor
2010-02-19, 03:12 PM
A novel by Stephen King

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It_%28novel%29.

It has, among other things, a giant bird attacking people. If you like horror books, it's worth reading.

Huh. Interesting. I never knew it existed...

Flickerdart
2010-02-19, 04:37 PM
Last night, I was on some sort of campus and an election was being held, one guy's running mate was an enormous sword made entirely of fire. It was, however, a tie.

Grey Paladin
2010-02-19, 06:05 PM
I had that one dream from the thread I made a while ago cleaned up a bit (wrote it when I have only awakened).

I was a Mosquito Princess in a huge human-sized marble hall. I lived a good life but then I was told the 'palace' was under attack and I had to flee. I ran away with my (mosquito) servant as some kind of a 'force' destroyed the palace (and, I knew, the civilization!). I did not see what that 'force' was because I did not dare to look back, only that it was green. it was by far the most terrifying dream I ever had.

Eventually the servant and I reached a floating platform which we knew as an elevator - it did not lead anywhere, and as we were flying there was absolutely no reason to use it yet we knew that to keep on we must do so. The servant told me he shall delay the force while I take the elevator - I told him not to but he pushed my tearful self up the platform and stood his ground. as I reached up I saw a flash of light (didn't actually ever look back, though) and knew he has died.

I kept fleeing down the hall until I ran into The God of Mosquitos - a pale (as in, as white as snow) tall human-sized figure in long dark-blue robes with the face of an ant-eater combined with that of a human and long red eyes resembling near-vertical scars. I raged over the death of my people (and especially the servant) and assaulted him. I stated I shall kill him. He told me I should not fight my fate, and that the purpose of Mosquitos is to die to The Force. As I continued to tear up his right cheek, carving some odd symbol into it he sounded confused and kept asking me why am I attacking my maker and oppose my people's destiny, sounding genuinely confused.

Then he turned into my (IRL) mother and asked me if I hate her - I stopped attacking and he swatted and crushed me, taking his old form.

What. the. hell.

I drew the symbol I carved into the god's cheek: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/Shdow/Shape.jpg

Tequila Sunrise
2010-02-19, 07:44 PM
I once—once as in years ago, when I was fairly young—had a nightmare. All it consisted of was an large, completely red, carpeted room (that I somehow knew was on a train), empty except for a very short albino woman (who may have slightly resembled the albino from The Princess Bride).

It was really scary. For some strange, inexplicable reason.
My most terrifying nightmares are totally inexplicable too. One of them involves nothing more than bad post-modern art.

Lioness
2010-02-19, 08:14 PM
Had another weird one last night

Dad had split with a random woman, and was giving me half the house. So we measured it exactly, and then began to slice through the bricks with an axe. I then spent a few minutes demolishing the house with an axe, and promising to make it look pretty. Then one of my friends got a call asking her if she wanted to go bareback horse riding. They left, and I continued demolishing the house. Then I ran after them and went horse riding with them. I promised to be back on Tuesday (I'm pretty sure it was Sunday). We galloped everywhere, and I was freaked because I've never gone faster than a trot. Within about an hour we were back and one of the girls was a boy, and it was really odd.

AtomicKitKat
2010-02-19, 08:36 PM
Possibly your subconcious is worried about your job security. At least that's what I get it from, but it's not like I'm a professional dream interpreter. Although that's only because I don't like the idea of charging money for telling people things they already know.

Maybe.

Other strange dreams I've had:

Once dreamed of an aunt of mine jumping from my apartment onto the car that we were driving in. Shortly thereafter, IRL, she lost her job and had a series of medical problems.:smallannoyed:

I started out typing, but now I can't remember what the other dream was.

AtomicKitKat
2010-02-24, 10:52 AM
Weird, semi-awesome(I guess) dream this morning. Saw a les friend of mine playing at an arcade machine that tested "Manliness". Basic premise of the game: Hit the one button either as many times as possible when told to, or within X seconds after you're told. She scored pretty decently, then this guy came along, and totally dominated. My brother then stepped in, but he was distracted during the first round, resulting in a loss, which he was unable to overcome by round 3. Next it was my turn. I won one, lost one, and then woke up just before we started the tie-breaker round. D'oh!:smallannoyed:

Lord Blace
2010-02-24, 12:08 PM
-That Dracula dream I posted in the booped up dream thread here.-

And then I had one where there were trees, and utahraptors, and we had to get from the trees to the cliff next to the trees to escape.

Oh, and this morning one where my mother was upset with me, saying I should've waited until I could find a laptop on sale for $10 USD.

Raistlin1040
2010-02-24, 05:36 PM
The scene was Japan, both the future and the past. A young soldier/samurai fights off a bandit biker horde with his sword and returns to the city on one of their hoverbikes. His friend greet him and they talk about the future. The soldier is pulled into a discussion of marriage, and it's suggested that he tries to convince the reigning lord to let him marry his daughter. One friend argues for trying, and the other argues against it. Ultimately, the soldier tries, wearing the red robes of a warrior.

He enters the throne room of a mechanical castle, and is rudely insulted by blue-clad thinkers and strategists. The ruler, an old man dressed in purple, surveys him, taking a liking to the boy, but also stating his low birth and recognition. The ruler's chief advisor enters and the ruler ushers everyone, including the soldier out of the room. He advises that the soldier be given a task, to retrieve "diamond grass" that the advisor can distill into a tonic that will make the ruler immortal. Delighted with the idea, the ruler sends the soldier on the mission.

The soldier knows that the mythical diamond grass, if it exists, can only be found on the ocean's floor. The only owner of a boat he knows is his friend, the one who was against him going to the ruler. He reluctantly asks and after some conversation, recieves the boat for a short while. He sets out on the boat to look for the grass. He gets lost and begs the spirits of nature, that had been forsaken by the people of the future, to assist him. Water splashes into the boat and turns into a woman who says she'll help him, but only if he'll pay.

The soldier says that anything he owns is hers, if she'll give him the grass and help him get home. She attacks him, morphing into water and starting to drown him. He wakes up on the boat a few hours later, naked, with his clothes drying on the side of the boat. A small bag of glistening flowers sits in his pocket. He relates the story to his apprehensive friend as he returns the boat, and then goes to the castle on his hoverbike.

The ruler is surprised he returned with the grass, but welcomes the soldier. A wedding date is set, and the soldier is sent back home. On the day of the wedding, the chief advisor marries the soldier and ruler's daughter, and then declares the next morning that the ruler passed away, stricken by illness. He expresses hope for the new ruler, and then resigns. The advisor leaves the city and the soldier rules.

Years pass. The soldier and his wife are unable to have children. As his two friends from the beginning, one of whom owned the boat, are killed in wars, the soldier adopts his friend's son. The original advisor returns, looking unchanged from his departure. He is welcomed back into service, and he brings an older teenager with him, who he says possesses extraordinary capabilities. By the advisor's recommendation, the young man is hired as a guard.

That night, the advisor and the teenager return, speaking of an invasion in the city. THe guards are dispatched, and the teenager takes the soldier to a private room to protect him. He then draws his sword and attacks the old soldier. The advisor appears, melting away into water to reveal that he is the female water spirit, and that the teenager is his son. The soldier, old and frail, draws his sword and attempts to fight them off, but they turn to water as soon as his blade hits. He is mortally wounded by his son and begins to die.

His adopted son returns to the room to find him, and sees the man under siege. Slipping quietly behind the assailents, he draws his blade and cuts off the head of the teenager, before he could transform. The head stays solid, but the body collapses into bloody water. The water woman attacks the boy, trying to drown him, but he lights a fire beneath her, evaporating her. The soldier dies, leaving his position to his adopted son.
I changed it a little, elaborating on some parts and changing the setting to a version of ancient Japan, to turn it into a short story, actually.

Serpentine
2010-02-25, 01:44 AM
Last night I was basically in a Doctor Who episode, where some sort of alien (I'm getting a vague image of something small, insectile and sort-of moon-shaped) had an organ-doning racket going on. They weren't killing anyone, I think, and I think they were mostly buying them, but I think they stole them, as well. Any organs or parts of organs people could live without (or not, in reality). I think I saw part of a liver get taken, and a hefty portion of someone's intestine.
It wasn't a nightmare...

AtomicKitKat
2010-03-09, 08:01 PM
Wow. That was an "awesome" dream I just had. I have no idea what it was about, but there was a song that sounded like it was done by Men At Work(Safety Dance), and the only thing I can remember about it was that it was about a Tool shed. The only line I remember is the first one in the chorus/refrain, which went something like "I'll build a tool shed".

PS. This is me staking my claim/copyright on the song for future endeavours.:smallcool: