PDA

View Full Version : Über healer build

Lucas Pitta
2010-02-17, 04:28 PM
Whats the best combination of classes/feats/skills for a healer that sneezes heals and farts buffs?

Sinfire Titan
2010-02-17, 04:29 PM
Shadowsun Ninja. (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=1015.msg25000#msg25000)

FishAreWet
2010-02-17, 04:30 PM
War Weaver (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=5881.0)

JaronK
2010-02-17, 04:38 PM
Anything that can persist Vigorous Circle should get the job done nicely.

JaronK

Draz74
2010-02-17, 05:39 PM
Cleric 16/Incarnate 4 or thereabouts sounds pretty amazing.

Glimbur
2010-02-17, 05:49 PM
Lifebond Vestments aren't all that great until you can bind them to your Heart chakra, which by my reading lets you ignore the 1/person/hour limit.

Dread Necro + party all has Tomb Tainted Soul works.

Straight Cleric (or more likely cleric with PrC's, for example Radiant Servant of Pelor) with wands of Lesser Vigor (for the best gp -> hp conversion) should be able to buff and heal well.

Optimystik
2010-02-17, 06:22 PM
A non-evil Eldritch Disciple can toss out unlimited heals with Eldritch Blast. Heal the whole party by applying Eldritch Chain/Doom, or heal people long range with Greatreach Blast.

Or rush screaming at your comrades wielding a healing Eldritch Glaive.

magic9mushroom
2010-02-17, 06:48 PM
Might I suggest Druid/Planar Shepherd (Positive Energy Plane)?

Planar Bubble gives everyone Fast Healing and can give them bucketloads of Temporary HP (just be careful not to overdo it, as usual, wouldn't want their heads exploding after all). Also, you can effortlessly kill the Tarrasque by Wildshaping into a xag-ya and floating next to it while Planar Bubble is up.

Eldritch Disciple and Dread Necromancer are the standard unlimited heals I'm aware of though.

Zaq
2010-02-17, 08:48 PM
Eh, I still say Cleric. 9th level spells really are just that good. (And no, you don't use any of the Cure line. You and I both know better than that.)

Optimystik
2010-02-17, 11:52 PM
Eh, I still say Cleric. 9th level spells really are just that good. (And no, you don't use any of the Cure line. You and I both know better than that.)

Why choose? Be an Eldritch Disciple with 9th-level spells.

CG Cloistered Cleric 4/Warlock 1/Eldritch Disciple 10/Mystic Theurge 5
(Use the Divine Magician ACF from Complete Mage to qualify for MT.)

Now you have Invocations as a Warlock 16 (Dark), a Cleric 19 (9th-level spells), and infinite healing via Eldritch Disciple.

The best part - since you don't need cure spells anymore, use the Spontaneous Domain ACF from PHB2 - now you can spontaneously cast domain spells instead of cure spells.

To heal your entire party repeatedly, use either Eldritch Chain or Eldritch Cone.

PlzBreakMyCmpAn
2010-02-18, 12:33 AM
... considers an actual buff-farting character build ...

magic9mushroom
2010-02-18, 12:37 AM
Why choose? Be an Eldritch Disciple with 9th-level spells.

CG Cloistered Cleric 4/Warlock 1/Eldritch Disciple 10/Mystic Theurge 5
(Use the Divine Magician ACF from Complete Mage to qualify for MT.)

Now you have Invocations as a Warlock 16 (Dark), a Cleric 19 (9th-level spells), and infinite healing via Eldritch Disciple.

The best part - since you don't need cure spells anymore, use the Spontaneous Domain ACF from PHB2 - now you can spontaneously cast domain spells instead of cure spells.

To heal your entire party repeatedly, use either Eldritch Chain or Eldritch Cone.

I do not believe Mystic Theurge can advance Warlock. It specifically mentions "spellcasting class". Warlocks cannot cast spells.

Grumman
2010-02-18, 01:17 AM
Crusader 5 / Hellreaver 5 / Binder 1 / Crusader +9 with Extra Granted Maneuver.

Every time you hit someone you provide 2 points of healing.
Every time you hit someone with a maneuver you provide healing of 150 points, 25 points or 25 points to all within 30 feet.
Every round as a swift action you can provide another 20 points of healing.

You can do this indefinitely, as long as there are enemies to fight. Whenever you run low on allies that need healing, you can use a different maneuver or holy fury ability, doing more damage and less healing.

ShneekeyTheLost
2010-02-18, 01:20 AM
Warlock/Favored Soul9 + Warlock cohort

Transform Magic + Invocations from cohort warlock = infinite healing

Optimystik
2010-02-18, 07:14 AM
I do not believe Mystic Theurge can advance Warlock. It specifically mentions "spellcasting class". Warlocks cannot cast spells.

Any class that can advance arcane casting can advance Warlock invocations and Eldritch Blast - it says so explicitly in Complete Arcane.

Warlocks and Prestige Classes

Warlocks benefit in a specific way from prestige classes that have “+1 level of existing arcane spellcasting class” or “+1 level of existing spellcasting class” as a level advancement benefit. A warlock taking levels in such a prestige class does not gain any of his class abilities, but he does gain an increased caster level when using his invocations and increased damage with his eldritch blast. Levels of prestige classes that provide +1 level of spellcasting effectively stack with the warlock’s level to determine his eldritch blast damage (treat his combined caster level as his warlock class level when looking at Table 1–1: The Warlock to determine eldritch blast damage) and his eldritch blast caster level (half his total caster level from his warlock levels and his levels in the prestige class that grant him an increased spellcasting level). A warlock also gains new invocations known at these prestige class levels as though he had gained a level in the warlock class.

The problem Warlocks usually have is QUALIFYING for those classes, because they cannot "cast X level arcane spells."

A warlock cannot qualify for prestige classes with spellcasting level requirements, as he never actually learns to cast spells.

That's what Divine Magician is for - to circumvent that restriction by granting arcane spells.

This isn't a new build - it was posted by LogicNinja in the Warlock Handbook. (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=2915.0) (see the builds section - "The Standard Eldritch Disciple".)

Although I call it "Mystic Disciple."

magic9mushroom
2010-02-18, 07:48 AM
Gah. You're right. I did know exactly what you were doing with Divine Magician, but didn't think it advanced properly.

Optimystik
2010-02-18, 08:01 AM
The best part is that with Cloistered Cleric, you can chuck your free Knowledge Domain to Divine Magician, and still have two domains. :smallsmile: The flavor is pretty solid as well.

Your BAB won't be stellar, but your companions can always forgo their Dex bonus to AC when you heal them - or you can just use Eldritch Cone and not worry about rolling.

magic9mushroom
2010-02-18, 08:03 AM
Your BAB won't be stellar,
aaaaaaaaaa

Calling upon the divine power of your patron, you imbue yourself with strength and skill in combat. Your base attack bonus becomes equal to your character level (which may give you additional attacks), you gain a +6 enhancement bonus to Strength, and you gain 1 temporary hit point per caster level.

Optimystik
2010-02-18, 08:18 AM
aaaaaaaaaa

I'm aware of Divine Power, but you may want to save your turn attempts for your ED abilities - such as the aforementioned healing. If Nightsticks are allowed then of course, persist away.

Tyndmyr
2010-02-18, 09:09 AM
Side note...there's at least one theurge class that progresses incantation classes. Search function might find the thread where I listed all the dual progression classes here.

Optimystik
2010-02-18, 09:20 AM
Side note...there's at least one theurge class that progresses incantation classes. Search function might find the thread where I listed all the dual progression classes here.

Incantation (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/magic/incantations.htm) classes? I thought those were general spells?

Or did you mean Invocation?

Tyndmyr
2010-02-18, 09:40 AM
Incantation (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/magic/incantations.htm) classes? I thought those were general spells?

Or did you mean Invocation?

Invocation, my bad. Warlocky types. Might be easier to use than worrying about the arcanist spell requirements.