PDA

View Full Version : Tricky Warblade/Paladin Dilema (Please move into RPG's!)

waterpenguin43
2010-02-17, 08:35 PM
I have this paladin in my campaign who, while usually using weapons, has and will gotten/get into several unarmed battles (For the advantage for non-lethal battles). I need some sort of signifigant thing to represent that, but I'd prefer not to use prestige classes, if you have seen one or make one that fits this dilema really well, I'll use it, though.
So basically, I'm looking for something that makes sense for a paladin that frequently unarmed fights, but not as a standard means of combat, but rather as a sort of twist to the character.
EDIT: Also, I meant punching and grappling, you know, that sort of thing.

The Rabbler
2010-02-17, 08:50 PM
I'm going to assume you're talking about 3.5; if not, please disregard my post.

if you are only fighting unarmed for the nonlethal damage, you might want to get yourself a merciful weapon; it does extra damage and lets you deal nothing but nonlethal damage with every hit (you can turn this effect off).

if you are trying to capture people, you might want to look into the Justicar PrC (from complete warrior), which focuses on bringing people back alive.

beyond that, I'm out of ideas.

elliott20
2010-02-17, 08:57 PM
it depends entirely how you want to accomplish with unarmed combat. Mercy weapon like Rabbler mentioned is a good route if it's just for the purpose of dealing non-lethal damage.

If you don't want to be dependent upon that, you can always pick up a monk's belt, which gives your character the ability to fight unarmed like a monk. The main reason for doing this is simply so that you can get around the whole -4 and provoking AoO from armed opponents. But also, once you're capable of dealing lethal damage, you can elect to deal non-lethal willingly, I believe.

You can, IIRC, do this by using your gauntlets for the same purpose.

all of these solutions only require you to buy gear instead of devote feats or class levels.

IMHO, you really should bring this up in the general RPG board though, since you'll get more RAW answers on the subject.

waterpenguin43
2010-02-17, 09:03 PM
Oh right, Okay then. I have trouble with choosing whether an issue should go in RPG's or Homebrew!!