PDA

View Full Version : PrC Reqs Question

Koury
2010-02-19, 08:01 PM
There are ways to early entry into most classes, it seems. You can get feats through flaws or taint or some such. Spellcasting prereqs have more holes then swiss cheese.

One thing I don't know how to get around, however, is skill ranks required. Is there something I'm missing somewhere? The best I can think of is shapechanging into something with natural bonuses to skills or something like that.

So, what is there that I don't know about?

sofawall
2010-02-19, 08:03 PM
The easiest manner is gaining extra HD followed by Psychic Reformation.

Thefurmonger
2010-02-19, 08:03 PM
As far as I know Skill ranks are the one entry req that you Can't cheese.

Even races with bonuses are NOT ranks.

Demons_eye
2010-02-19, 08:04 PM
Need ranks not bonus so if you need rank 8 you need to be level 5. No loop holes.

Damn ninjas......

BRC
2010-02-19, 08:05 PM
There are ways to early entry into most classes, it seems. You can get feats through flaws or taint or some such. Spellcasting prereqs have more holes then swiss cheese.

One thing I don't know how to get around, however, is skill ranks required. Is there something I'm missing somewhere? The best I can think of is shapechanging into something with natural bonuses to skills or something like that.

So, what is there that I don't know about?
Skill rank requirements are built to prevent early entry. Even changing into something with a natural bonus won't help because PRC's require a certain number of Ranks to get in, not a certain bonus.

noiadodh
2010-02-19, 08:06 PM
The easiest manner is gaining extra HD followed by Psychic Reformation.

using Inspire Greatness or something more obscure?

Fortuna
2010-02-19, 08:08 PM
I believe polymorph into a Dusk Giant or similar and eating a lot of chickens is standard.

sofawall
2010-02-19, 08:09 PM

Polymorph+Dusk Giants work too, although Inspire Greatness is the easiest.

Skill ranks are definitely the hardest prereq to cheese. The ToS folk (mainly Doc Roc) have done some work with early entries, and only 3-4 tricks came up to bypass it.

EDIT: Dang ninja.

sonofzeal
2010-02-19, 08:09 PM
Indeed, Inspire Greatness (possibly combined with Psychic Reformation) is possibly the only real way of doing it, but that's mostly a high level thing when you can already get into most PrCs you're aiming for.

Nate the Snake
2010-02-19, 08:12 PM
The feat Primary Contact (Cityscape) gives you a bonus rank in one skill, even if that would put you over the normal maximum.

Darrin
2010-02-19, 08:12 PM
There are two feats in Cityscape, Favored and Primary Contact, that increase one of your skills by 1 rank, and it can go over your maximum.

If feat retraining, psychic reformation, or Dark Chaos Shuffle is allowed, then it can be worth it. Otherwise, once you get high enough level to gain that rank normally, you've got two nearly useless feats that aren't helping you any.

Flickerdart
2010-02-19, 08:32 PM
You can also, through some trickery from some splat, bind a ghost to yourself and use its skill ranks to qualify until you can get your own ranks high enough.

Koury
2010-02-19, 08:34 PM
You can also, through some trickery from some splat, bind a ghost to yourself and use its skill ranks to qualify until you can get your own ranks high enough.

Yet another problem solvable with bondage. :smallamused: