PDA

View Full Version : Cricket Wireless in Chicago

Godskook
2010-02-20, 02:11 AM
Anybody on here use Cricket? How well do they compare to the 'standard' companies in terms of the product given? The rates seem spectacular, so of course, I'm wary of problems that might come from going with the cheap guy.

RabbitHoleLost
2010-02-20, 02:17 AM
I used to have Cricket in Tulsa (I didn't know it extended outside of Oklahoma, actually...)
And it was fine, so long as I stayed within twenty miles of my Town.

Honestly, its cheap, but you can't use it outside of the area you buy the phone in, and the people are incredibly rude and unhelpful.
And every phone I bought, and everyone I know who got a Cricket phone, had nothing but trouble with it...

V for Victory
2010-02-20, 09:17 AM
I live in marlyland and I have a cricket phone and every time I go on a trip I need to borrow my dad's old phone because it's guaranteed I wont have signal.

Cricket_Ryan
2010-02-22, 05:17 PM
Hi All,

I work in partnership with Cricket and would love to share more details about roaming and extended coverage if you plan on traveling outside your area.

Cricket offers National Extended Coverage in their current plans, which allows Cricket customers to travel to any Cricket market and use their phone without incurring additional roaming charges

Cricket also offers Nationwide Roaming. It provides customers the ability to utilize their Cricket phone throughout the US and Canada while outside of their local coverage area, national extended coverage, and premium extended coverage areas, depending on the rate plan.

Cricket customers have a couple of options to pay for Nationwide Roaming. Customers who have a monthly allotment of Nationwide Roaming minutes included with their service plan pay for their roaming minutes through their monthly service amount.

Customers who do not have minutes included in their service plan can purchase Flex Bucket funds to pay for Nationwide Roaming.

More coverage details can be found at http://www.mycricket.com/support/topic/coverage

Thanks,
Ryan

Dr. Bath
2010-02-22, 05:55 PM
That's really weird... Did a cricket employee just google cricket and then sign up and drop a sales pitch? Or was this an inside job. WE'VE GOT A MOLE, PEOPLE.

Froogleyboy
2010-02-22, 05:58 PM
That's really weird... Did a cricket employee just google cricket and then sign up and drop a sales pitch? Or was this an inside job. WE'VE GOT A MOLE, PEOPLE.

Mole people? OMG! run for the hills!

Dr. Bath
2010-02-22, 06:01 PM
Ia ia Morlock fhtagn!

thorgrim29
2010-02-22, 06:05 PM
Well, thread shutdown in 3,2,1.....

If the company has as much problems as you guys say (I wouldn't know, being from the huge, sparsely populated yet surprisingly connected country directly above), it would make sense that they have people combing the forums so that potential costumers get both sides of the story.