PDA

View Full Version : e20: Evolution?

Ichneumon
2010-02-20, 01:09 PM
Today while scouting the internet, I stumbled on this project (http://e20system.gmsarligames.com/index.html), e20: Evolution, I'd like to know if anyone of you have delved into it deeper. Personally, I've used d20-like systems such as True20 and I liked systems such as SWSE and D&D 4e in some way, but this seems much more radical and (r)evolutionary (:smallwink:). I hope the guy manages to finish it. Your thoughts?

Doc Roc
2010-02-20, 02:46 PM
I see literally no implementation information, just some jabber about how awesome it will be.

Theodoric
2010-02-20, 03:03 PM
I envy the man. He's making free money. I really want to see if he can get away with it.

Ichneumon
2010-02-20, 03:07 PM
I see literally no implementation information, just some jabber about how awesome it will be.

I hadn't looked at it like that. He does show some things, when you check the FAQ. And his ideas are good, but I wonder how and if it will work in practise.

faceroll
2010-02-20, 03:50 PM

I think you give him money and then he uses your ideas to make an rpg system. Very clever.

erikun
2010-02-20, 06:42 PM
Convincing people that you have something they want, and that they should give you money for it? Capitalistic genius, I say. Well, for the guys running it.

Not that it is a scam, necessarily, but it certainly isn't something that I'm interested in spending my money on.

Also, I'd read what's on the FAQ page, but it is cutting off on my browser. It does not fill me with great confidence if the designers of this "universal gaming system" have decided to ignore one of the popular browsers for convenience's sake.

Studoku
2010-02-20, 07:27 PM
Peter Molyneux- the RPG

oxybe
2010-02-20, 07:46 PM
Peter Molyneux- the RPG

could be worse... it could be John Romero presents: Daikatana: the RPG