PDA

View Full Version : items for evil characters?

gallagher
2010-02-20, 09:29 PM
so playground, what items would you suggest for a purely evil character. actually, any kind of evil, since i am an alignment bigot (they're all evil, right?)

and suggest really for any level, since we are planning on taking this campaign as far as possible. i am a worshipper of vecna, so i plan on finding the book of vile darkness and the hand/eye and the sword of kas, then destroy the sword. i am also considering using only the eye of vecna, and i dont know yet what to do with the hand.

also, where would i find information on how the worshippers of vecna gather? both IRL and in-game

Crafty Cultist
2010-02-20, 09:38 PM
I think worshipers of vecna work in small cells that try to gain enough power to covertly control the local power center. finding a cell would be hard, but there might be signs his worshipers use to identify each other

Gorbash
2010-02-20, 10:04 PM
But there aren't really many Evil-specific items... Most of them are general type (aside from few like Unholy Weapons and few Artifacts), so I'm not really sure what are you looking for.

Xenogears
2010-02-20, 11:27 PM
Fiendish Grafts (Fiend Folio) are great items. They penalise Cha checks with non-evil people tho so don't get them if your the party face. They are mostly only useable by evil people (Good people go insane; neutral people slowly turn evil) but some are amazingly powerful. Like 5k for a +5ft reach. Or 10k for unlimited use, non-magical, permanent flight. Plus some less good but pretty cool ones like 120k for permanent non-magical see invisibility + Charming (or fearful? I forget which...) gaze. Low DC but eventually someone will fail. Plus mooks are now useless. Its fun but not usualy worth it for the price. The first two are massively underpriced though.