PDA

View Full Version : I Do Avatars!!!

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-02-21, 06:06 PM
sorry, I had to delete this

BRC
2010-02-21, 06:08 PM
So do many other people. Traditionally, we just stick an advertisement in our signature, look for requests on the "Request an Avatar" thread, and inform the core mind.

Emperor Ing
2010-02-21, 06:10 PM
As BRC said, there's a lot of people who do avatars, all ranging in quality. I second BRC's recommendation that you lurk around the Request Avatar thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122056&page=74) and fill out requests.

Nameless
2010-02-21, 06:13 PM
I DO AVATARS!!!

Kinky. :-P

CrimsonAngel
2010-02-21, 06:15 PM
Kinky. :-P

Oh my god, Nameless, why are we not related!!! :smallbiggrin:

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-02-21, 06:25 PM
This is stupid. :smallsigh:

BRC
2010-02-21, 06:27 PM
May I just draw attention to this part of the post

Props: some stuff; limeted.
:smallwink:
Spelling aside, first of all, "Some Stuff" is perhaps the most unhelpful answer to a question possible. All I know from this is that you WILL, in fact, draw Props, but hat there are some props you will not draw.
Second: Limited. So what is going on here. You are willing to do avatars, and props, but there is a limited amount of props you are willing to draw? Are you saying you will only draw props for the first, say, five avatars people request? Are you saying each avatar only gets, say, three props? Are you only going to draw 15 props total?

This is stupid. :smallsigh:
No, it's just how those whole avatar request process tends to work here.

CrimsonAngel
2010-02-21, 06:27 PM
What is stupid in what way.

If there is a comic in a new style it is bound to be imitated.

Nameless
2010-02-21, 06:35 PM
Oh my god, Nameless, why are we not related!!! :smallbiggrin:

Something to do with having completely different ancestors I think. Unless you go way back, in which case we are related.

CrimsonAngel
2010-02-21, 06:37 PM
Somewere and when, two cavepeople got kinky any we descended from that night.

Nameless
2010-02-21, 06:38 PM
Somewere and when, two cavepeople got kinky any we descended from that night.

Quickly, we must mate. It's the only way for our kind to survive.

CrimsonAngel
2010-02-21, 06:39 PM
But we're two- Oh yeah, you have boobies.

Nameless
2010-02-21, 06:40 PM
But we're two- Oh yeah, you have boobies.

For 7 more minutes, yes.

CrimsonAngel
2010-02-21, 06:41 PM
Ahh, I only have seven minutes for this!?

BRC
2010-02-21, 06:42 PM
Ahh, I only have seven minutes for this!?

Six minutes now.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-02-21, 06:48 PM
Spelling aside, first of all, "Some Stuff" is perhaps the most unhelpful answer to a question possible. All I know from this is that you WILL, in fact, draw Props, but hat there are some props you will not draw.
Second: Limited. So what is going on here. You are willing to do avatars, and props, but there is a limited amount of props you are willing to draw? Are you saying you will only draw props for the first, say, five avatars people request? Are you saying each avatar only gets, say, three props? Are you only going to draw 15 props total?

How about 2 props for the first 5 avatars + essentials (sword, robe, bacic armor, club, ect.)

Emperor Ing
2010-02-21, 06:56 PM
All I can say is limiting the amount of "props" you put in per avatar is a bad idea.

Mr_Saturn
2010-02-21, 07:22 PM
In any case, It would be a good idea to show off how well you can draw avatars, then you could get people interested and they will come to you instead of you needing to make a whole thread about it.

You'll be surprised. I barely post anything and I still get people sending me pm's for avatar requests. :smalleek:

But as the other guys are saying, go make a name for yourself in the "Request an avatar" thread and see how far that gets you.

Fay Graydon
2010-02-21, 07:36 PM
How about 2 props for the first 5 avatars + essentials (sword, robe, bacic armor, club, ect.)

The Art of making avatars is to tailor the avatar to a persons specifics...
not tailor the specifics so you find it easier to make avatars...
I mean if you count Armour and robes as well as swords as props which you are only allowing one, not many people are going to consider you when choosing an avatarist (No offence).

If you look at one of the more experienced Artists like Dr. Bath or Mr Saturn... Heck, even some of the Avatar Battle Royal cast!
They would do an avatar with many many many probs and might even shade it if you ask nicely.
(I myself have been rebuked by other members of ABR for putting in too much detail)

In summery I agree with the others who say make a name for yourself in the request thread.
And dont make people have to tailor what they want so its easy and/or convenient for you okay :smallsmile:

-snip-

You'll be surprised. I barely post anything and I still get people sending me pm's for avatar requests. :smalleek:

-snip-

Heh, like the reverse of me then. I post a reasonable amount and yet go unwanted :smalltongue:

CrimsonAngel
2010-02-21, 08:32 PM
Yes fay, It realy annoys me when I have to template you. :smallsmile:

Mr_Saturn
2010-02-21, 08:58 PM
Heh, like the reverse of me then. I post a reasonable amount and yet go unwanted :smalltongue:

Seriously, I don't know how they find me. :smalltongue: Can I ask you to make an avatar for me? :smallwink:

I think you should add a title to your username. I hear its quite popular among customers. I mean if my name was just "Saturn" I'd be a nobody. See how it worked for Dr. Bath? Try it out Mr. Graydon. :smalltongue:

Serpentine
2010-02-21, 09:09 PM
I thought that "props" was, as in, "props to avatarists, they're awesome". Though now I think about it, I don't know what that "props" means, really, either...

May I direct you, Josha, to the Iron Avatarist Contest? And the Request an Avatar thread, obviously - there you can pick the request this the appropriate number of "props".

Thajocoth
2010-02-21, 09:23 PM
I thought that "props" was, as in, "props to avatarists, they're awesome". Though now I think about it, I don't know what that "props" means, really, either...

Props are items used by an actor (a car in an action movie would be a prop), to create a makeshift support (prop something up), or slang for a sort of verbal thumbs up. (Props to avatarists.)

All three at once: Props to the stagehands for propping up all those props!

Mr_Saturn
2010-02-21, 10:24 PM
Props are items used by an actor (a car in an action movie would be a prop), to create a makeshift support (prop something up), or slang for a sort of verbal thumbs up. (Props to avatarists.)

All three at once: Props to the stagehands for propping up all those props!

As for the last one, I think it is derived from "proper respect".

e.g. Thajocoth gave proper respect to avatarists.

Nameless
2010-02-22, 03:17 AM
Yes fay, It realy annoys me when I have to template you. :smallsmile:

Must... Resist... Making an innuendo... *twitches*

Dallas-Dakota
2010-02-22, 04:46 AM
In any case, It would be a good idea to show off how well you can draw avatars, then you could get people interested and they will come to you instead of you needing to make a whole thread about it.

But as the other guys are saying, go make a name for yourself in the "Request an avatar" thread and see how far that gets you.
That's cause you've done such wonderfull work (for me) before!:smallwink:

Serpentine
2010-02-22, 06:05 AM
As for the last one, I think it is derived from "proper respect".

e.g. Thajocoth gave proper respect to avatarists.That's the bit I didn't know. Thankee kindly.

Fay Graydon
2010-02-22, 04:17 PM
Seriously, I don't know how they find me. :smalltongue: Can I ask you to make an avatar for me? :smallwink:

I think you should add a title to your username. I hear its quite popular among customers. I mean if my name was just "Saturn" I'd be a nobody. See how it worked for Dr. Bath? Try it out Mr. Graydon. :smalltongue:

That's Miss Graydon if you please :smallwink:

Mr_Saturn
2010-02-22, 08:40 PM
I blame GB week. :smallbiggrin:

Fay Graydon
2010-02-23, 03:00 PM
I blame GB week. :smallbiggrin:

:smalltongue: Hehehe
I should get around to changing my avi back to normal or at least another outfit of the normal me :smallbiggrin:

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-03-09, 03:24 PM

Of course, what do you want? :smallwink: