PDA

View Full Version : Discworld [3.5] P.E.A.C.H

pffh
2010-02-22, 06:22 PM
Me and some friends are trying to create some discworld races and classes in 3.5 and I would really appreciate your criticism and any help you can give.

So far we've got: Wizards, restricted to 0-8 level spells. Level 9 are ritual spells needing 8 wizards to cast. To be able to cast a spell you need to be spell levelx10 years old.

Watchmen:
Watchman

I, [recruit's name], do solemnly swear by [recruit's deity of choice] to uphold the Laws and Ordinances of the city of Ankh-Morpork, serve the public trust, and defend the subjects of His/Her [delete whichever is inappropriate] Majesty [name of reigning monarch] without fear, favour, or thought of personal safety; to pursue evil-doers and protect the innocent, laying down my life if necessary in the cause of said duty, so help me [aforesaid deity]. Gods Save the King/Queen [delete which is inappropriate].

Hit dice: d10
{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+1|
+2|
+0|
+0|bucket brawler, +1d6 shades handshake

2nd|
+2|
+3|
+0|
+0|Watchman's gait, Watchman's rest

3rd|
+3|
+3|
+1|
+1|Incorruptible

4th|
+4|
+4|
+1|
+1|+2d6 shades handshake

5th|
+5|
+4|
+1|
+1|Shades hospitality

6th|
+6|
+5|
+2|
+2|Still as a Statue,

7th|
+7|
+5|
+2|
+2|+3d6 shades handshake

8th|
+8|
+6|
+2|
+2|Nightwatch

9th|
+9|
+6|
+3|
+3|Evasion

10th|
+10|
+7|
+3|
+3|+4d6 shades handshake

11th|
+11|
+7|
+3|
+3|Improved Nightwatch

12th|
+12|
+8|
+4|
+4|Survivalist

13th|
+13|
+8|
+4|
+4|+5d6 shades handshake

14th|
+14|
+9|
+4|
+4|Improved evasion

15th|
+15|
+9|
+5|
+5|Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

16th|
+16|
+10|
+5|
+5|+6d6 shades handshake

17th|
+17|
+10|
+5|
+5|Multiracial greeting

18th|
+18|
+11|
+6|
+6|Years in the force

19th|
+19|
+11|
+6|
+6|+7d6 shades handshake

20th|
+20|
+12|
+6|
+6|Fabricati diem, pvnc[/table]
Class skills:
Appraise, bluff, decipher script, diplomacy, disguise, escape artist, forgery, gather information, hide, intimidate, knowledge (local), listen, profession, search, sense motive, spot, tumble, use rope.
Skill points at first level: (5+int)x4
Skill points at each additional level: 5+int

Weapon and armor proficiencies: A watchman is proficient with light and medium armor and all simple and martial weapons.

Bucket brawler: The Watchman gains improvised weapon proficiency and can use any weapon to deal non-lethal damage without any minus to hit.

Shades handshake(Ex): When dealing non-lethal damage while unarmed, with a sap, brass knuckles, improvised weaponry or watch standard short sword the watchman can deal +xd6 extra non-lethal damage.The watchman can only initiate the handshake when flanking the target or if the target is denied it's dex bonus to armor.Additionally when the opponent is prone the watchman can kick him for 1d6+1/2str +1/2 xd6 non-lethal damage. The kick is a swift action attack at your full base attack bonus.
Creatures that are normally immune from critical hits and sneak attacks are still subject to have their hands shaken.

Watchman's rest: A watchman needs only 6 hours of rest. These 6 hours can be spread through a 24 hour period, though no shorter then 15 minutes each. In addition you're not considered helpless while asleep and can perform one standard action against someone trying to sneak past you in your sleep.

Watchman's gait: The watchman can ignore the speed penalties of wearing a medium armor and he treats medium armor as light armor for abilities like evasion. In addition you gain +5ft speed.

Incorruptible: A Sammie does not take bribes, a Sammie takes orders from only one man, his captain (and Commander Vimes). +2 to will saves, this is considered as the feat Iron will in determining prerequisites for prestige classes.

Shades hospitality(Ex): When a creature is subject to a shades handshake it needs to make a fort save DC= 10+1/2 watchman level + str mod or be stunned for 1d4 rounds and fall prone.

Still as a statue(Ex): While in an urban environment a watchman can hide anywhere (hide in plain sight). In addition you are considered invisible while sleeping outside in an urban environment.

Nightwatch(Ex) Having spent years on the night shift a watchman gains better night vision. Darkvision 30ft (if the race already has darkvision it's increased by 30ft).

Evasion(Ex): If a Watchman makes a successful Reflex saving throw against an attack that normally deals half damage on a successful save, he instead takes no damage. Evasion can be used only if the Watchman is wearing light armor, no armor. A helpless Watchman does not gain the benefit of evasion.

Improved Nightwatch(Ex): The watchman gains +5 to listen and spot checks at night.

Survivalist(Ex): A watchman's quick reflexes allow him to run away from a number of dangerous things. +3 initiative, this stacks with improved initiative.

Improved Evasion(Ex):This ability works like evasion, except that while the Watchman still takes no damage on a successful Reflex saving throw against attacks henceforth he takes only half damage on a failed save. A helpless Watchman does not gain the benefit of improved evasion.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes (Ex): Who watches the watchman? I do. Gives immunity from mind affecting spells and abilities.

Multiracial greeting: Shades handshake now affects undead and constructs, dealing lethal damage to them.

Years in the force(Ex): You've seen it all, troll drug dealers, witches, dragons, sorcerers you name it. Treat all skills as trained and gain +2 competence bonus to all skills.

Fabricati diem, pvnc(Ex): 2/day a watchman can treat a normal attack as a critical hit, he must announce it's use before rolling to see if he hit. When he uses this ability it has a 50% chance of being treated as if he rolled a natural 20, including but not limited to automatic hit on a natural 20 and the vorpal weapon enhancement.

Races:

Troll
Large Humanoid
Speed 20
Large: -1 AC, -1 to hit, +4 grapple, -4 hide,
Str + 8, dex -2, con +8, int -4
Damage reduction 10/bludgeoning
Does not need to breath
Natural armor: 5
Darkvision: 60 ft
Spell resistance: 14
+18hp

(b)Brainfreeze(Ex):[/b] The trolls silicon based brain works faster in the cold. The DM can assign +1 to +5 tp the troll intelligence score depending on the tempeture of the area the troll is in. Likewise in particulary hot areas the DM can assign -1 to -3 to the trolls intelligence score.
Example of a cold area: Winter, freezer, top of a mountain.
Example of a hot area: Desert.
LA: +3
Favoured class: barbarian

Zombie:
Medium undead
+4 str, -2 dex, -2 cha
Must look like a human
Speed 20ft
Regeneration: 5 except vs fire, acid
Double damage from fire
Favoured class: Any

Pictsies:
Tiny fey
Tiny: +2 AC, +2 to hit, +8 hide
+6 str, +2 dex, -2 int, -4 cha

Powerful build

Drink like a Demon (Ex): A pictsie’s body handles alcohol differently from other people's bodies. They can drink a large (for a pictsie) tankard of ale, a bottle of wine, or a corresponding amount of stronger alcohol as a move-equivalent action. Every bottle or tankard of alcohol a pictsie consumes during combat, reduces his Dexterity, Wisdom, and Intelligence by 1 point each, but increases his Strength or Constitution (DM’s choice) by 1 point. However, his Reflex save bonus, Dexterity bonus to Tumble, and AC bonus remain at their original levels regardless of his new Dexterity modifier. A pictsie’s body metabolizes one drink per hour, reducing both the penalties and the bonus accordingly. Pictsies only gain the Strength and Constitution bonuses for alcohol drunk during a fight, and the bonuses only last until the end of the combat. (The penalties disappear more gradually.) What quantity of alcohol constitutes a "drink" is deliberately left undefined.

Rage(Ex): as barbarian 1/day.

Fear Immunity (Su): Pictsies are immune to fear effects that stem from a non-lawful source

No matter the size of the pictsie it's size grabble modifier never goes below 0.

Favoured class: Barbarian
Level adjustment: +1

DracoDei
2010-02-22, 07:27 PM
Trolls and Pictsies have both been done fairly recently as I recall... use Google, and put in "site:www.giantitp.com <Your Search String>" (but without the quotes or pointy braces and with the appropriate replacement)... that is assuming the forum search function is still (intentionally?) out of order.

rrkkskrrk
2010-02-22, 07:30 PM
I like the 8 theme on wizards. It's a nice touch.
Paladin of Freedom (from Unearthed Arcana or the online version of the SRD) might be a good starting point for watchmen.
As for the races, elemental is a good alternate starting point for trolls. In fact, my own rough attempt at them is based on an earth elemental without the earth glide ability (and a fair few other changes). Might be easier to just give the pictsies a racial rage ability identical to the barbarian's; it involves less keeping track of differing class features and gives a bit of an advantage to a race that has two flaws and one "flaw" in the form of Tiny size, yet still has +1LA.
Other than that, good job, I look forward to the finished results.

Agi Hammerthief
2010-02-22, 08:21 PM
the wee free man use swords bigger than them

I've once seen a build where the pixies can be hurled as a projectile

Debihuman
2010-02-22, 10:10 PM
Here was my take on the Pictsie: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4286274&postcount=8

Debby

pffh
2010-02-23, 05:04 AM
Edited the pictsie.

Love your pictsie Debbi and now I want to use the The Crawstep, Hard Headed and haste but I can't see how I can without making the LA to high.

Also how do I make the tables everyone uses for classes?

Debihuman
2010-02-23, 06:54 AM
In the stickied thread a the top called "Notable Threads" you'll find a link to a thread called "Guide to Homebrewing" quote the table you want and edit as needed. It's a little tricky sometimes but most any table you need can be found there.

Also, Binge Drinker doesn't have any mechanics to what happens if you fail your save. I used the "Drink Like A Demon" Special Ability from the Drunken Master Prestige Class from Sword and Fist. It's also posted on the WotC's website in the excerpt here: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20010105.

Debby

Artemiz
2010-02-23, 06:27 PM
Discworld Role-Playing Game (2002), Steve Jackson Games

It's a pain to find in a bookstore, but if someone could find a copy, I'm sure that it'd be lots of help. :smallbiggrin:

Debihuman
2010-02-23, 06:38 PM
The Steve Jackson game is based on the GURPS system, not 3.5.

Debby

Artemiz
2010-02-23, 06:45 PM
The Steve Jackson game is based on the GURPS system, not 3.5.

Debby

True, but it could still be very useful to see what sorts of content Steve included in his game.

pffh
2010-02-24, 05:12 AM
Yup we have it and it has some really interesting ideas. For example the "classes", one of them is Tourist and another is a beggar. I want to create classes for most of the major guilds (alchemists, assassins, beggars, ladies of negotiable affections and the thiefs) and a luck based tourist class so I'll probably use it as a guideline.

Agi Hammerthief
2010-02-25, 02:44 AM
I'd love to see a tourist in Ferun :smallbiggrin:

probably has Vow of Non-Involvement (permanent sanctuary cast on the tourist, DC increases with level)

how much GP would a Luggage be worth?

mikeejimbo
2010-02-25, 07:57 AM
I think a Luggage would be a character. Especially THE Luggage.

Debihuman
2010-02-25, 09:48 AM
Edited the pictsie.

Love your pictsie Debbi and now I want to use the The Crawstep, Hard Headed and haste but I can't see how I can without making the LA to high.

Also how do I make the tables everyone uses for classes?

I have no idea what the LA would be for my pictsies. I'm not a fan of high LA either. Unfortunately, there is no way the pictsies have a low LA.

The best way to learn about the tables is to go into the first stickied thread at the top called Notable threads and then go into the Guide to Homebrewing. It's a matter of selecting the quote feature, copying the table, exiting from the thread and posting the table into your new post in the right place and then editing the table from there. I find it isn't too difficult but I'm comfortable using tables and not everyone is.

Debby

DracoDei
2010-02-25, 01:39 PM
Actually, THAT thread is usually the ONE place where you DON'T have to use the quote feature since the code can be copied out of various spoilers without quoting.

In general, however, you are correct... and sometimes grabbing something from another thread that has been filled out with something much closer to what you need than a blank template would be.

Debihuman
2010-02-26, 09:19 AM
Unfortunately, I really hate some of the tables as they have weird coding in them. The break [< >] in Base Attack Bonus just makes it too long I always change it to BAB to shorten it. Also, I really hate the monster template.

Debby

pffh
2010-02-26, 03:29 PM
Watchman

I, [recruit's name], do solemnly swear by [recruit's deity of choice] to uphold the Laws and Ordinances of the city of Ankh-Morpork, serve the public trust, and defend the subjects of His/Her [delete whichever is inappropriate] Majesty [name of reigning monarch] without fear, favour, or thought of personal safety; to pursue evil-doers and protect the innocent, laying down my life if necessary in the cause of said duty, so help me [aforesaid deity]. Gods Save the King/Queen [delete which is inappropriate].

Hit dice: d10
{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+1|
+2|
+0|
+0|Watchman's rest, +1d6 sneak attack

2nd|
+2|
+3|
+0|
+0|Watchman's gait

3rd|
+3|
+3|
+1|
+1|+2d6 sneak attack

4th|
+4|
+4|
+1|
+1|Incorruptible

5th|
+5|
+4|
+1|
+1|+3d6 sneak attack

6th|
+6|
+5|
+2|
+2|Still as a Statue

7th|
+7|
+5|
+2|
+2|+4d6 sneak attack

8th|
+8|
+6|
+2|
+2|Nightwatch

9th|
+9|
+6|
+3|
+3|+5d6 sneak attack

10th|
+10|
+7|
+3|
+3|Evasion

11th|
+11|
+7|
+3|
+3|+6d6 sneak attack, Improved Nightwatch

12th|
+12|
+8|
+4|
+4|Survivalist

13th|
+13|
+8|
+4|
+4|+7d6 sneak attack

14th|
+14|
+9|
+4|
+4|Improved evasion

15th|
+15|
+9|
+5|
+5|+8d6 sneak attack

16th|
+16|
+10|
+5|
+5|Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

17th|
+17|
+10|
+5|
+5|+9d6 sneak attack

18th|
+18|
+11|
+6|
+6|Years in the force

19th|
+19|
+11|
+6|
+6|+10d6 sneak attack

20th|
+20|
+12|
+6|
+6|Fabricati diem, pvnc[/table]
Class skills:
Appraise, bluff, decipher script, diplomacy, disguise, escape artist, forgery, gather information, hide, intimidate, knowledge (local), listen, profession, search, sense motive, spot, tumble, use rope.
Skill points at first level: (5+int)x4
Skill points at each additional level: 5+int

Weapon and armor proficiencies: A watchman is proficient with light medium armor and all simple and martial weapons.

Watchman's rest (Ex): A watchman needs only 6 hours of rest. These 6 hours can be spread through a 24 hour period, though no shorter then 15 minutes each. In addition you're not considered helpless while asleep and can perform one standard action against someone trying to sneak past you in your sleep.

Watchman's gait (Ex): The watchman can ignore the speed penalties of wearing a medium armor and he treats medium armor as light armor for abilities like evasion. In addition you gain +5ft speed.

Incorruptible (Ex): A Sammie does not take bribes, a Sammie takes orders from only one man, his captain (and Commander Vimes). +2 to will saves, this is considered as the feat Iron will in determining prerequisites for prestige classes.

Still as a statue(Ex): While in an urban environment a watchman can hide anywhere (hide in plain sight). In addition you are considered invisible while sleeping outside in an urban environment.

Nightwatch(Ex) Having spent years on the night shift a watchman gains better night vision. Darkvision 30ft (if the race already has darkvision it's increased by 30ft).

Evasion(Ex): If a Watchman makes a successful Reflex saving throw against an attack that normally deals half damage on a successful save, he instead takes no damage. Evasion can be used only if the Watchman is wearing light armor, no armor. A helpless Watchman does not gain the benefit of evasion.

Improved Nightwatch(Ex): The watchman gains +5 to listen and spot checks at night.

Survivalist(Ex): A watchman's quick reflexes allow him to run away from a number of dangerous things. +3 initiative, this stacks with improved initiative.

Improved Evasion(Ex):This ability works like evasion, except that while the Watchman still takes no damage on a successful Reflex saving throw against attacks henceforth he takes only half damage on a failed save. A helpless Watchman does not gain the benefit of improved evasion.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes (Ex): Who watches the watchman? I do. Gives immunity from mind affecting spells and abilities.

Years in the force(Ex): You've seen it all, troll drug dealers, witches, dragons, sorcerers you name it. Treat all skills as trained and gain +2 competence bonus to all skills.

Fabricati diem, pvnc(Ex): 2/day a watchman can treat a normal attack as a critical hit, he must announce it's use before rolling to see if he hit. When he uses this ability it has a 50% chance of being treated as if he rolled a natural 20, including but not limited to automatic hit on a natural 20 and the vorpal weapon enhancement.

It's done

Flickerdart
2010-02-26, 04:10 PM
You could give the pictsies something like the Titan bloodline, perhaps scaled down to medium or small weapons.

Fortuna
2010-02-26, 04:46 PM
Watchman's gait could be something like being able to sustain a forced march for a long time without ill effects.

pffh
2010-02-27, 09:56 AM
I just realised I don't have enough for making two watchman classes, would merging them (d10 hd, full bab, good fort, low ref, low will) make the class as a whole to weak? Maybe give it evasion and improved evasion at higher level (countered by the low ref save) and give it full bonuses of each ability that has additional bonuses.

pffh
2010-02-28, 09:54 AM
And the watchman class is done PEACH.

Agi Hammerthief
2010-02-28, 06:46 PM
why do they get Sneak Attack?

pffh
2010-02-28, 06:47 PM
Because they are bastards that use any advantage they can get against an enemy.

Agi Hammerthief
2010-03-01, 02:31 AM
Because they are bastards that use any advantage they can get against an enemy.
meh, doesn't mean they are trained to do it

but I admit: as a notorious rogue player, I'm totally biased

Agi Hammerthief
2010-03-01, 03:15 AM
any chance for witches?

just from the top of my head:

Borrowing (with improvement at higher levels)

fine, tiny, small, medium, large, swarm (Granny), out of body (Tiffany)

willing creature and/or will save to resist (Tiffany in Wintersmith against Miss Treason)

would be cool if it equalled a familiar in power to use for the druid and ranger

------

hide in plain sight (with improvement at higher levels)

motion less, half speed, full speed (see Maskerade and Wintersmith)

pffh
2010-03-01, 03:35 AM
meh, doesn't mean they are trained to do it

but I admit: as a notorious rogue player, I'm totally biased

It's supposed to represent their tendency to kick in the groin, kick someone while they are down, to gang up on someone, throw sand in their eyes and an elbow in the face while stabbing them.

If you can think of a better mechanism to represent I would love to hear about it. :smallsmile:

And oooo I like your withces ideas, maybe make them a prestige class?

Couple of more ideas maybe suggestion and charm monster like SLA that specifically are able to bypass mind affecting immunity.

Able to ignore ageing penalties.

Very limited magic but instead powerful spell like class abilities (Not SLA more Su and Ex)

EDIT: Scratch the prestige class.
I'm thinking a full class with level 1-4 spells and some sort of warmage spells/day and spells known, of course with her own spell list.

A ranger like choice at first level that can give you one of two styles of borrowing (both start the same but one ends up giving you granny like borrowing powers and the other tiffany like borrowing powers) or the third option that would be to ditch borrowing altogether to and get something else, like Nanny Ogg that never could get the hang on borrowing.

Agi Hammerthief
2010-03-01, 10:50 AM
re: the Watchmen
Improvised Weapons Proficiency as a free feat would be a good start.
Maybe give that together the first 1d6 and limit the extra d6 for unarmed strikes (though brass knuckles are ok) and improvised weapons plus when the opponent is prone (SRD does not list Prone as losing Dex bonus to AC) or limit it genrally to non leathal damage.

------

Witches should be a full class, seeing that the girls in the Tiffany Aching series need to be trained from pretty early on.

but maybe add a Ranger like twist (or Pathfinder Sorcerer Like twist) to represent the diversity of the approaches to witching

(compare Granny to Nanny for example)

pffh
2010-03-01, 11:37 AM
Could do both:
Shades handshake(Ex): When dealing non-lethal damage while unarmed, with a sap, brass knuckles, improvised weaponry or watch standard short sword the watchman can deal +xd6 extra non-lethal damage.The watchman can only initiate the handshake when flanking the target or if the target is denied it's dex bonus to armor.Additionally when the opponent is prone the watchman can kick him for 1d6+1/2str +1/2 xd6 non-lethal damage. The kick is a swift action attack at your full base attack bonus.

This would progress a bit slower then sneak attack, say 1/3 levels or even 1/4 levels instead of 1/2 levels

Watch equipment (really needs a better name): The Watchman gains improvised weapon proficiency and can use any weapon to deal non-lethal damage without any minus to hit.

Shades hospitality(Ex): When a creature is subject to a shades handshake it needs to make a fort save DC= 10+1/2 watchman level + str mod or be stunned for 1d4 rounds and fall prone.

Lyesmith
2010-03-01, 01:15 PM
Witches ought to be able to speak to people to deal damage, and gain various headology-esque effects.

You could have a stun/compusion effect after staring someone down, and of course Weapon Proficiency : Hatpin.

Agi Hammerthief
2010-03-02, 03:08 AM
I like the Shades handshake

one more point in case to keep the extra d6 as non leathal damage:

I'm sure the watchmen don't want to leave people dead (keyword: escalation)
but rather have them live and remember not to get in the way.

not even Carcer was shot but arrested.

Debihuman
2010-03-02, 04:58 AM
The Luggage

The Luggage is a Large iron bound wooden chest made of sapient pearwood (a magical, intelligent plant which is nearly extinct, impervious to magic and only grows in a few places outside the Agatean Empire, generally on sites of very old magic). It has hundreds of little legs protruding from its underside and can move very fast if the need arises. It can have only one master at a time and usually moves it the speed of its master. It walks on hundreds of tiny legs in a swaying motion. The chest opens and has a contents weight limit of 1,500 lb. and a contents volume limit of 250 cu. ft. The chest can be locked (Open Lock DC 30) and anyone attempting to open the chest without the owners permission will be bitten. Its mouth, the feature often remarked upon by those it is about to consume, contains "lots of big square teeth, white as sycamore, and a pulsating tongue, red as mahogany." The inside area of The Luggage does not appear to be constrained by its external dimensions, and contains many conveniences: even when it has just devoured a monster, the next time it opens the owner will find his underwear, neatly pressed.

Moderate Transmutation; CL 11th; Craft Wondrous Item; Leomund's secret chest; animate objects; requires 1,500 gp worth of sentient pearwood and woodworking skill (DC 20).

I have no idea how to figure out the cost of such a thing.

Debby

pffh
2010-03-02, 05:15 AM
How about giving it swallow whole (medium or smaller) when someone threatens it, it's master or tries to take something out of it without the masters permission.

*Edited sneak attack out of the watchman.

Debihuman
2010-03-02, 05:36 PM
I don't think the Luggage actually has the ability to Swallow Whole. It would probably have the stats of a standard Large Animated Object. See SRD: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/animatedObject.htm. The difference is that it generally moves at the speed of its master (though with that many legs, it could move at 60 ft.). It would also have a Bite instead of a Slam but the damage would be the same.

Debby

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-03-02, 05:59 PM
:smallbiggrin: I love it!!!

however, I think watchman should be a prestige class and you diden't add the way troll's minds are sensitive to heat, also the zombie race should have different levels of decomposition.
example: recently dead, rotting, and skeletal.

ps. AAAWWWWW fegles are SOOOOOOOO cute
"Crivans!" :smallwink:

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-03-02, 06:05 PM
:smallconfused: I like how the watchman has sneak attack but it should be lower (example: 1d6 at 5th, 2d6 at 10th, 3d6 at 15th, and 4d6 at 20th) :smallsmile:

Or for a prestige class increase at 3rd, 6th, and 9th. :smallwink:

pffh
2010-03-02, 06:14 PM
I don't think the Luggage actually has the ability to Swallow Whole. It would probably have the stats of a standard Large Animated Object. See SRD: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/animatedObject.htm. The difference is that it generally moves at the speed of its master (though with that many legs, it could move at 60 ft.). It would also have a Bite instead of a Slam but the damage would be the same.

Debby

Hmm yes I think you're correct the only time I can remember it swallowing someone was the bandit it the light fantastic and then it's never mentioned again.

:smallbiggrin: I love it!!!

however, I think watchman should be a prestige class and you diden't add the way troll's minds are sensitive to heat, also the zombie race should have different levels of decomposition.
example: recently dead, rotting, and skeletal.

ps. AAAWWWWW fegles are SOOOOOOOO cute
"Crivans!" :smallwink:

I thought about making them a prestige class but I decided to design them with E6 play in mind since that would be the best kind of play for a watch campaign.

Edited the trolls.

And their sneak attack is non-lethal and slower progression then a normal sneak attack. I think if the progression would be a lot slower the class would be to weak but I haven't had the chance to playtest it yet so I could be wrong.

That said if anyone can playtest it and tell me how it works I'd be eternally grateful.

Agi Hammerthief
2010-03-03, 07:41 PM
Hmm yes I think you're correct the only time I can remember it swallowing someone was the bandit it the light fantastic and then it's never mentioned again.
in The Last Continent some of the "girls" travel inside the chest

DracoDei
2010-03-03, 08:09 PM
Moderate Transmutation; CL 11th; Craft Wondrous Item; Leomund's secret chest; animate objects; requires 1,500 gp worth of sentient pearwood and woodworking skill (DC 20).

I have no idea how to figure out the cost of such a thing.

Debby
The cost you have is laughably small given the book canon... I am not sure if I am recalling the quote exactly and don't have access to my copy of "The Color of Magic" right at the moment, but I recall the failed wizzard (whose name escapes me a the moment) calculating in his head that if it was "filled to the brim with rubies and star-sapphires" the price of the sapient-pear wood (or perhaps the crafted cost of the chest), would still exceed that of its contents. Granted he didn't know about its extra-dimensional properties at the time, but that still puts it well into the category where one could be justified in simply calling it a major artifact and being done with it. I believe the animation is intrinsic in its being made of sapient pear-wood which only leaves the extra-dimensional properties and maybe the shape-changing (growing legs and/or teeth) as things that must be enchanted on separately.

Of course, if you aren't following book canon, or if later books saw a colossal drop in the cost of that wood, then that is fine.

Agi Hammerthief
2010-03-03, 10:30 PM
could be justified in simply calling it a major artifact and being done with it

they where, on the other hand, quite common on the Counterweight Continent.
people where not surprised at seing Rincewinds luggage.

The only thing people where surprised at was its homocidal nature.

Bibliomancer
2010-03-21, 02:49 PM
they where, on the other hand, quite common on the Counterweight Continent.
people where not surprised at seing Rincewinds luggage.

The only thing people where surprised at was its homocidal nature.

However, outside of the Counterweight Continent (which shares certain aspects with the Tippyverse) those were considered major artifacts. Rincewind implied that the Luggage was essentially made out of multiple Staves of the Magi.

If it had a gp cost, it would be in the low millions of gp, based on his subsequent 'star rubies' comment.

AppleChips
2010-06-28, 01:20 PM
The luggage would also need to have an antimagic field, or something of the sort. Also, planeshift or something that would let it go anywhere its owner would go.

ryleah
2010-06-28, 02:00 PM
Didn't Debbi already post stats and pricing for the luggage?