PDA

View Full Version : Arena Tournament, Round 87: Cally McSummon vs. Gleb vs. Veldrin vs. Teravel



ArenaManager
2010-02-23, 07:03 PM
Arena Tournament, Round 87: Cally McSummon vs. Gleb vs. Veldrin vs. Teravel

Map:
http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/ab330/ArenaManager/Arenas/ffa07-platforms.png



Awards
1st Place: 600 XP, 550 GP
2nd Place: 200 XP, 250 GP
3rd Place: 100 XP, 100 GP


Cally McSummon (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=187059) - thefurmonger
Gleb (http://coyotecode.net/profiler/view.php?id=7632) - theterran
Veldrin (http://coyotecode.net/profiler/view.php?id=6213) - RandomAction
Teravel (http://pifro.com/pro/view.php?id=4649) - Sallera

All Combatants, please roll initiative and declare any final purchases.

Sallera
2010-02-23, 07:17 PM
Init: [roll0]

No purchases aside from reactive.

Edit: Actually, buying a hooded lantern, a pint of oil, and a flint.

Thefurmonger
2010-02-23, 07:21 PM
Cally Init [roll0]

Buying Leather Barding for the Dog (20Gp)

Reserve rights to make more purchases based on yours.

Thefurmonger
2010-02-23, 07:38 PM
BTW what are the platforms made of? Wood, dirt? rock?

Also do I put the armor and any other purchases on my character sheet? I didnt want to change it whith a match in progress

And since it wasnt posted here is the sheet for my AC Here it is (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=187718)

RandomAction
2010-02-23, 11:23 PM
Well new map, is this the first time it has been used?

Veldrin Ini roll: [roll0]

RandomAction
2010-02-23, 11:44 PM
@theterran: Interested in being partners? We are the only ones with darkvision and I can turn off all the lights. :smallwink:

theterran
2010-02-24, 07:29 AM
Gleb Initiative

[roll0]

Still contemplating purchases...

theterran
2010-02-24, 08:26 AM
Alright, purchases.

Potion of Shield of Faith, Scroll of Shield, Scroll of Invisibility, Scroll of Sunstroke x2, Light X-Bow, Bolts


Stats:
Location - N2
HP: 5/5
AC: 15 Touch: 14 Flat: 12

Spells:
Level 0 - Launch Bolt x2, Launch Item, Mage Hand
Level 1 - Color Spray, Color Spray, Kelgore's Firebolt , Expeditious Retreat
Level 2 - Boiling Blood

Thefurmonger
2010-02-24, 08:51 AM
Also Buying a Hooded lantern and 2 pints oil.

theterran
2010-02-24, 08:54 AM
I'll start once everyone has checked in.

(edit)
with their purchases.

Sallera
2010-02-24, 12:13 PM
Ready to go.

Cally:Looks like they're teaming up, as that spoiler can mean only one thing. If you get Veldrin, I can get Gleb.

theterran
2010-02-24, 12:21 PM
Veldrin:
I'll take Teravel if you'll handle Cally:smallsmile:

Thefurmonger
2010-02-24, 12:34 PM
Teravel
Sounds good to me, I am a tad worried about the darkness SLA of the drow, they have DV, we dont.
on the up side my summmons have it so it may be ok.

Again, do i add my purchases to my charsheet? i was told not to change it once a match starts.

Oh and ready

theterran
2010-02-24, 12:35 PM
Yes, go ahead and add them...the match doesn't technically start until someone takes their round 1 actions. (I think)

Sallera
2010-02-24, 12:37 PM
Cally:Remember, in this arena, Darkness makes it lighter. :smalltongue:

I don't think it much matters whether you put pre-match purchases on your sheet or not. I do, but it's not necessary. You don't change your sheet once the match starts, true, but we haven't actually started yet.

Thefurmonger
2010-02-24, 12:58 PM
Sounds good to me, all added

RandomAction
2010-02-24, 01:23 PM
@Gleb:
As soon as I see Teravel light her lantern, I will use my GotSQ feat to activate the Curtain of Darkness ability. This will plunge the entire arena in darkness.
I need to get a little closer to shoot Cally, 30' ranged hand crossbow and all, but I can ready actions to shoot the AC as it comes near. Uhm, if the arena goes completely dark shouldn't there be a chance that Cally/Teravel stumble into one of the pits for not being able to see? I know as players we can see the entire map, but that's metagaming.

Thefurmonger
2010-02-24, 01:56 PM
CAn we start with a lantern pre lit? or do we have to light them in the arena?

**Edit** On second thought I will also be buying 2 sunrods. cheep and I'm scared of the dark :)

Sallera
2010-02-24, 01:57 PM
You can start with them lit; falls under mundane preparations.

Thefurmonger
2010-02-24, 01:59 PM
Cool, I will do so then

Sallera
2010-02-24, 02:19 PM
Alright, since there's plenty of potential for first-turn attacks on this map, we should probably list starting positions and held before we begin. Just spoiler it if you're in the dark.

Starting in Y13, lit lantern in one hand, shield in the other.

Refs:Soulmelds shaped: Dissolving Spittle 1/1, Phoenix Belt 2/2, Krenshar Mask 1/1

Cally:Actually, a better idea. Let's both get Veldrin. His images will go away a lot faster with both of us prodding him.

Thefurmonger
2010-02-24, 02:30 PM
Fair enough

Start in B-14 Lit Lantern and a unlit sunrod in one hand, other hand empty wearing armor.

Trippy Starts in B-13 Wearing barding and looking like he has a taste for blood:smallamused:

TeravelSounds good to me

theterran
2010-02-24, 03:08 PM
I believe that's everyone...so I'll go ahead and start.

(edit)
Looks like Initiative:
TheTerran
RandomAction
Sallera
thefurmonger

Gleb - Round 1

Starting in N2 w/ a scroll in hand, I'll 5ft step to O3.

I'll cast the spell off of the scroll:
Mage Armor
Drop the used scroll.
Then I'll draw another scroll.

End my Turn.

Stats:

Location - O3
HP: 5/5
AC: 19 Touch: 14 Flat: 16
Mage Armor (1/600)
Spells:

Level 0 - Launch Bolt x2, Launch Item, Mage Hand
Level 1 - Color Spray, Color Spray, Kelgore's Firebolt , Expeditious Retreat
Level 2 - Boiling Blood

RandomAction
2010-02-24, 08:35 PM
So it begins.

Veldrin,R-1:
Start in M-25, with hand crossbow readied.
As a free action - yell: "You are not afraid of the dark are you?"
As a swift action - activate GotSQ feat, Curtain of Darkness ability by sacrificing daily use of Darkness and Faerie Fire. All nonmagical light sources within 100' go out.
Since it is pitch black in here now:
Refs
Move to I-23.
Ready an Action.
Fire crossbow at who-ever comes into range.

End turn.

Stats:
Location: I-23.
Hp: 10/10
AC: 15 (+3dex+2armor), T-13, F-12
Saves: F+2/R+5/W+6
Listen/Spot: +7/+5

Thefurmonger
2010-02-24, 08:53 PM
Ok, I was afraid of this happening.

Ref questions. (I will go post in WR)
1. Can I cast a spell to a square I cant see? for example if i wanted to cast "Summon Flowerpot" on P-16?

2. For moving, can i safely move in the dark or do i have a chance to fall to my death?

3. Why the hell didn't I pump my Listen check?

Sallera
2010-02-24, 09:46 PM
Nice move. Did you forget that you now need to make a DC15 Reflex save or fall to your death?

Since whether you live or die will affect my turn, I'll wait on the result of that.

Thefurmonger
2010-02-24, 09:54 PM
Where does it say there is a ref check? I assumed he just went down through the hole.

Sallera
2010-02-24, 09:55 PM
It may be; however, I believe precedent says that in situations like this, we use the DC15 Reflex to grab the edge listed in Jump. May as well see if he makes the save first; if not, it doesn't much matter.

Thefurmonger
2010-02-24, 09:57 PM
Oh, fair enough. as a ref you would know more then I.

If that is the case can we maybe in the future put that on the map as im sure it will come up quite a bit.

Either way, that was awsome.

RandomAction
2010-02-24, 11:28 PM
Hm. I thought that the panel disappeared after being stepped on and such. Wouldn't moving to a panel or end a turn on one cause it to disappear as well? I can honestly say that I have misunderstood this map and if I knew that a swift action would cause one to disappear, then my prior turn would be different.
Reflex Save: [roll0]

Sallera
2010-02-24, 11:59 PM
Moving onto a panel and ending your movement there would cause it to disappear, yes. Just moving over one is fine, since they don't disappear until after the action is taken. At any rate, down you go.

Teravel, Round 1

5ft step to X12.
Free: Drop lantern.
Move: Draw flint.
Standard: Relight lantern.

Stats:HP 10/10, AC18 (13, 15)
Soulmelds: Dissolving Spittle 1/1, Phoenix Belt 2/2, Krenshar Mask 1/1
Done.

RandomAction
2010-02-25, 12:06 AM
I would like to request a redo of my turn on the grounds of misunderstanding this map. If not, then I need a High Ref to remove Veldrin from this Tourney Round.

Nevermind, a redo will not be granted, just remove Veldrin from the remainder of this Tourney.

Thefurmonger
2010-02-25, 01:48 AM
So now as i understand it we are all aware of the death, even with no LOS?

is that true?

Thefurmonger
2010-02-25, 02:40 AM
Cally Round 1

Noone can see this but you will be able to by the end so here it is.
Move. Move to C-14, C-13, D-12, D11
Free. Drop Lantern
Standard. Light Sunrod
Free. Handle Trippy (Come)

Trippy Round 1
Move to C-12

End turn

Stats

Location: D-11
Hp: 12/12
AC: 13 ,FF 12, Tou 11
Saves: F 6, R 1, W 4

Spells:
Cure Minor Wounds
Cure Minor Wounds
Cure Minor Wounds

Wall of smoke
Obscuring Mist

Trippy
Location C-12
HP 13/13
AC: 18 ,FF 16, Tou 12
Saves: F 5, R 5, W 1

theterran
2010-02-25, 07:04 AM
Wait...so are all of the lights out in the arena now except the sunrod and the lantern you two just lit?

Thefurmonger
2010-02-25, 08:49 AM
No, by my count all the northern most lights are still on as they were more then 100' from him.


So there are the lamps at (The middle of the following 4 spaces)

D-4, D-5, E-4, E-5

J-4, J-5, K-4, K-5

P-4, P-5, Q-4, Q-5

V-4, V-5, W-4, W-5

A Sunrod I am holding in D-11

A Lanten being held in X-12

theterran
2010-02-25, 11:05 AM
Gleb - Round 2

5ft step into P4
Move Action: Pick up the lamp next to me.
Standard: Cast a spell to launch the lamp at Teravel.
Launch Item

[roll0]
[roll1]

This leaves it dark in my area.

End my Turn.

Stats:
Location - P4
HP: 5/5
AC: 19 Touch: 14 Flat: 16
Mage Armor (2/600)
Spells:

Level 0 - Launch Bolt x2, Launch Item-x, Mage Hand
Level 1 - Color Spray, Color Spray, Kelgore's Firebolt , Expeditious Retreat
Level 2 - Boiling Blood

Sallera
2010-02-25, 11:42 AM
Teravel, Round 2

Free: Laugh at the useless 5 fire damage.
Move: Pick up lantern.
Move to Q10, auto-succeeding on jump check.

Stats:HP 10/10, AC18 (13, 15)
Soulmelds: Dissolving Spittle 1/1, Phoenix Belt 2/2, Krenshar Mask 1/1
Done.

Thefurmonger
2010-02-25, 11:45 AM
how is it an auto success? isnt a 10' jump a DC 10?

Sallera
2010-02-25, 11:47 AM
I've got a meld for that. :smalltongue:

Thefurmonger
2010-02-25, 11:49 AM
Ah ok fair enough

theterran
2010-02-25, 12:11 PM
:smallsigh:

5 fire damage is useless? must have a meld for that too...:smallannoyed:

Thefurmonger
2010-02-25, 12:14 PM
Sorry for the delay, I have a question in the WR i need anwsered before my turn.

And yeah i beleive he does also have a meld for that, hes the inspector gadget of melds.

Thefurmonger
2010-02-25, 01:10 PM
Screw it, it really doesnt matter.

Cally Round 2

Move: to F-9
Free: Tell Trippy to (Attack) Gleb
Free: Drop sunrod
Move: Get shield

Trippy Round 2

Move To.
D-12, E-11, F-11, G-11, H-11, I-10, I-9, I-8, I-7, I-6, J-6, K-6, L-6, M-6, N-6, O-6.

Needs 3 jump checks. all DC 10

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

If and fail by 5 or less Reflex DC 15 [roll3]
and Climb DC 15 [roll4]

End of turn, will post stats when i see if he made it.

Thefurmonger
2010-02-25, 01:12 PM
Stats

Location: F-9
Hp: 12/12
AC: 16 ,FF 15, Tou 11
Saves: F 6, R 1, W 4

Spells:
Cure Minor Wounds
Cure Minor Wounds
Cure Minor Wounds

Wall of smoke
Obscuring Mist

Trippy
Location O-6
HP 13/13
AC: 18 ,FF 16, Tou 12
Saves: F 5, R 5, W 1

theterran
2010-02-25, 01:21 PM
What type of creature is Trippy?

Thefurmonger
2010-02-25, 01:22 PM
Hes a Riding dog

Here He is!! "Woof, Woof, I'm a gonna eat you!" (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=187718)

**EDIT** When they created the round they didnt put his sheet up, i put it on page 1 but a lot was going on back then.

theterran
2010-02-25, 01:27 PM
Aren't the Jump DC's 15? since there is 10ft of "nothing" between the platforms?

Thefurmonger
2010-02-25, 01:40 PM
As far as I know, 10' Gap=DC 10

I cant immagine a map that requires DC 15 checks in order to go anywhere.


**EDIT** Also I assume Sallers has a meld that lets him take 10 on jumps, giving a 14, since he said he autopasses i assume he thinks its a DC 10 as well.

theterran
2010-02-25, 02:10 PM
I just always assumed that jumping 10ft was just like moving 10ft, 2 squares, as in jumping 10ft would allow you to jump a 5ft hole, and land in the 5ft square on the other side of the hole...10ft from your original position.

I'll ask a ref.

Sallera
2010-02-25, 02:54 PM
It is, I believe, technically that way, but Arena precedent says it's just the width of the gap.

theterran
2010-02-25, 03:08 PM
:smallconfused:

That just seems confusing...

Sallera
2010-02-25, 03:17 PM
Aye, but regardless, that's how it works here.

Thefurmonger
2010-02-25, 04:28 PM
So, are we good to go?

Sallera
2010-02-25, 04:29 PM
Just waiting on Gleb's turn.

theterran
2010-02-26, 06:58 AM
Gleb - Round 3

Cast the spell on the scroll in hand.
Invisibility
[roll0] DC4]

I disappear from sight. You see a scroll drop in P4

theterran
2010-02-26, 07:03 AM
Gleb - Round 3 Cont

Unseen stuff:
I'll attempt to silently move to R3.
[roll0]

End my Turn.
Stats:
Location - R3
HP: 5/5
AC: 19 Touch: 14 Flat: 16
Mage Armor (2/600)
Invisibility (1/30)
Spells:

Level 0 - Launch Bolt x2, Launch Item-x, Mage Hand
Level 1 - Color Spray, Color Spray, Kelgore's Firebolt , Expeditious Retreat
Level 2 - Boiling Blood

Thefurmonger
2010-02-26, 08:50 AM
From the WR talking about Riding dogs Jump check.


... That is one messed up entry. The problem with assuming 2 skill ranks is that there also appears to be 1 rank swim and 2 ranks each of spot and listen which would give a total of 7 skill points spent out of a max of 5. I think we can allow a +10 modifier (the minimum +2 Str +4Race +4Speed) but adding probably skill points at the expense of other skills would move into generic monster customization which the arena does not allow.

Sallera
2010-02-26, 12:23 PM
Oh good, I'm not the only one thinking that entry looked very, very off.

At any rate, I'll probably want the information from my reactive listen before I take my turn.

Listen: [roll0]

Sallera
2010-02-26, 12:26 PM
Or I'll just nat 1 it.

Teravel, Round 3

Move to Q18.
Standard: Ready action:Spit at Gleb if he becomes visible in range.

Stats:HP 10/10, AC18 (13, 15)
Soulmelds: Dissolving Spittle 1/1, Phoenix Belt 2/2, Krenshar Mask 1/1
Done.

Thefurmonger
2010-02-26, 02:07 PM
Q-18? Really? Fair enough.

Cally Round 2
Start casting a spell DC 16 to readSummon natures ally I

Trippy
Move: To Q-4
Move: Use Scent (Please say you stayed on that platform :smallfrown:

End of turn need LOS (Line of Smell?)

Trippy Listen check if needed [roll0]


Location: F-9
Hp: 12/12
AC: 16 ,FF 15, Tou 11
Saves: F 6, R 1, W 4

Spells:
Cure Minor Wounds
Cure Minor Wounds
Cure Minor Wounds

Wall of smoke
Obscuring Mist

Trippy
Location Q-4
HP 13/13
AC: 18 ,FF 16, Tou 12
Saves: F 5, R 5, W 1

Thefurmonger
2010-02-26, 06:05 PM
Im starting to see the problem with having the main LOS ref in our match...

Psionic Dog
2010-02-26, 06:46 PM
High Ref PsiDog

*there is no incriminating evidence of ref mistake here*
Thanks to Sallera for a hypothetical correction.

LoS coming soon, someday.

Sallera
2010-02-26, 06:47 PM
As amusing as that would be, Cally's not actually mounted.

Thefurmonger
2010-02-26, 06:54 PM
Did i miss something?:smallsmile:

Psionic Dog
2010-02-26, 07:07 PM
Nothing much, just a small positional mix-up that if true would have been hilariously fatal.

Now, before I get to LoS I need to confirm that the following is true to avoid giving info away.

Cally is holding a sun rod.
Gleb tossed the lamp where he was last seen over the edge, but the lamps to the east and west of him are still lit.
Teravel is holding an arena lamp.
Everyone has normal vision (this seems suspicious, but none of the charater sheets mention low light or darkvision nor do any of the stat blocks)

Sallera
2010-02-26, 07:10 PM
Teravel actually has a hooded lantern, and I believe Gleb has darkvision, but otherwise sounds about right.

Thefurmonger
2010-02-26, 07:23 PM
Cally droped the sunrod in F-9 last turn.

Not that it matters, same square he is standing in.

And Trippy does have Low-light, on his char sheet (sorry not in statblock)

Psionic Dog
2010-02-26, 07:26 PM
Thanky

Refy Stuff
The hooded lantern/sun rod barely shines on the platform, but the dog has low light vision. More importantly, the dog made this listen check and knows to go North East after the sound. Otherwise it would have taken a move to note direction before moving, as it is the dog has a standard action to take once it makes the pinpoint.

Cally
You see Teravel, and watch Trippy move north east into the darkness beyond your sun rod. (Lose LoS to Trippy)

Gleb
Trippy approaches to Q-4, pinpoints your location, and tries to bite you.
[roll0] [roll1] (50% chance)
[roll2]
And if hit, [roll3]


You see Cally and Teravel illuminated by there own light sources

Teravel
You watch Trippy move NE into the darkness beyond the reach of the light sources.

LoS to Cally only

Thefurmonger
2010-02-26, 07:33 PM
Question, can i make a listen check to hear combat to know if trippy found him? or does he bark or something?

Psionic Dog
2010-02-26, 08:35 PM
Err... probably not. After reading the Handle Animal descriptions I think animals by default only bark etc when in encountering a target when in seek mode.

As for combat, by RAW attack rolls, if any, would be appear to be silent as no DCs are listed.

Thefurmonger
2010-02-26, 08:53 PM
Fair enough, ill remember to yell "SEEK, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SEEK!!..... UNLESS YOUR KILLING HIM THAT IS..... THEN.. good doggie?" :smallbiggrin:

Thefurmonger
2010-02-27, 01:58 PM
Err... probably not. After reading the Handle Animal descriptions I think animals by default only bark etc when in encountering a target when in seek mode.

As for combat, by RAW attack rolls, if any, would be appear to be silent as no DCs are listed.

Well, that may be true, but under listen it lists a "Battle" as -10 DC. so if attack rolls are silent then something else must make a hell of a lot of noise.

Psionic Dog
2010-02-27, 02:27 PM
Well, that may be true, but under listen it lists a "Battle" as -10 DC. so if attack rolls are silent then something else must make a hell of a lot of noise.

War cries, commands to underlings, death rattles, and loud clanky movement. Anyway, it looks like Cally attempted to issue a Seek Command so...

Ref stuff
[roll0] DC 0 + 6 distance to hear command, if success by 10 (16+) dog understands command and begins to seek as well as attack

[roll1] DC 0 + 6 distance to hear barking (if any)
[roll2] DC 0 + 7 distance to hear barking(if any)


Cally
You see Teravel, and watch Trippy move north east into the darkness beyond your sun rod. (Lose LoS to Trippy)

You hear barking to to the East -North East.

Gleb

The dog moves to Q-4 and attacks you (see previous post)

You see Cally and Teravel illuminated by there own light sources.

The dog starts barking in response to Cally's command.

Teravel
You watch Trippy move NE into the darkness beyond the reach of the light sources.

LoS to Cally only.
You hear nothing.

Thefurmonger
2010-02-27, 02:36 PM
Fair enough, I just wasnt sure how it worked.

Thank you for the tireless reffing.

theterran
2010-03-01, 07:21 AM
Gleb - Round 4

Actions:
I will cast a spell.
Expeditious Retreat
(Note that since I have total concealment, the dog cannot take AoO.)

Then I will move South to R9, then west to L9...2 jump checks coming.

[roll0] (+12 for land speed) DC10
[roll1] (+12 for land speed) DC10

[roll2] (-5 for full-speed movement not included)


End my Turn.

Stats:
Location - L9
HP: 5/5
AC: 19 Touch: 14 Flat: 16
Mage Armor (3/600)
Invisibility (2/30)
Expeditious Retreat (1/10)
Spells:

Level 0 - Launch Bolt x2, Launch Item-x, Mage Hand
Level 1 - Color Spray, Color Spray, Kelgore's Firebolt , Expeditious Retreat-x
Level 2 - Boiling Blood

Sallera
2010-03-01, 11:51 AM
Teravel, Round 4

"Need some more light?"
Move to L18 -> K15.
Standard: Ready action:Spit at Gleb if he becomes visible in range.
Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

Stats:HP 10/10, AC18 (13, 15)
Soulmelds: Dissolving Spittle 1/1, Phoenix Belt 2/2, Krenshar Mask 1/1
Done.

Thefurmonger
2010-03-01, 12:28 PM
Well crap. Ok a lot of this will depend on a ref running Trippy... but here goes.

Just before my turn a small earth elemental appears in L-9. (Stats as SRD but +3 Luck to hit, Will be known from this point as "Bob", bob lasts 4 rounds)

Cally Round 4 (First part)

Free: In Terran If you see a Kobald kill it. it may be invisiable so try to listen if you dont see it.

Free: In common: I think we may have an issue, I think the second scroll may have been invisibility.

Hold my actions till I hear what Trippy does. If i dont hear anything before Gleb would go I will go right before Gleb. (God that doesnt make much sense... I hope you understand)

I'll leave trippy's checks to the refs.

Also does a ref run the elemental? or do I?

TURN NOT OVER.

Stats.

Location: F-9
Hp: 12/12
AC: 16 ,FF 15, Tou 11
Saves: F 6, R 1, W 4
Bob the elemental 4/4 rounds left.

Spells:
Cure Minor Wounds
Cure Minor Wounds
Cure Minor Wounds

Wall of smoke
Obscuring Mist

Trippy
Location: Got me, ask a ref.
HP 13/13
AC: 18 ,FF 16, Tou 12
Saves: F 5, R 5, W 1

Psionic Dog
2010-03-01, 09:36 PM
@Cally/Refs
You seem to have cast a Summon Nature's Ally I, but small elementals aren't available until Summon Nature's Ally II.

Unless you have a special ability I was unaware of you'll need to pick a different creature to summon.

Refs usually control summons. Exceptions are allowed when the summon understands a language of the caster and is in LoS, but players may have the refs control the summon since they may not necessarily see everything the summon does.

@Refs
What a funny coincident. The summon is trying to appear on top of Gleb's location.

According to the generic Conjuration rules creatures called by conjuration must appear in an open location...

Would this cause the summon to fail, be shunted to an adjacent valid location, or would the summon appear in Gleb's space anyway and just be bumped out if it didn't leave before ending turn?

Thefurmonger
2010-03-01, 09:53 PM
At refs The goliath RSL for druid 1 lets you treat SNA as the next higher if you are summoning a earth creature. so in this case it works as SNA II. (From Races of stone BTW)

Psionic Dog
2010-03-02, 02:54 PM
@Refs
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

I'm not really sure what to do about the summon, so I guess I'll go with the 'shunted aside' interpretation.

The earth elemental doesn't appear in L-9, it appears in K-10 instead for some reason. It looks around and pauses to listen.
It wasn't hear when Gleb moved so there's nothing for it to hear

Meanwhile the dog appears as it moves south out of the darkness jumping the pit on its way to Q-10, where it stops, sniffs the air, and starts barking at something to the West.

@Gleb
Summons must appear in an open location, so the elemental gets shunted to the side
[roll3]
1 = K-9, 2 = K-10, 3 = L10.

You see everyone.

@Cally
You see and hear nothing other than the above

@Teravel
You see and hear nothing other than the above

Thefurmonger
2010-03-02, 03:20 PM
Seriously?!?!? :eek:

Cally Round 4 Cont.

Thank you Psidog.

Free: In Terran YellHe's right infront of you in L-9!!!

Free: YELL "He's In L-9, and yes hes invisiable!!!"

Move: To C-11

Standard: (Not gonna bother with spoilers as you will all see what it does)
Cast Obscuring Mist (It covers my whole platform and the bottom row of the platform north of me Lasts 20 rounds.)

Refs
I spend 2 cure minor wounds to cast it with Versitle Spellcaster.

NOTE* I am now not able to be seen by my opponents as i am behind more then 5' of mist.

End Turn

Stats.

Location: C-10 (In mist)
Hp: 12/12
AC: 16 ,FF 15, Tou 11
Saves: F 6, R 1, W 4
Bob the elemental 4/4 rounds left.
Obscuring Mist 20/20 Rounds Left.

Spells:
Cure Minor Wounds
Cure Minor Wounds
Cure Minor Wounds

Wall of smoke
Obscuring Mist

Trippy
Location: Q-10
HP 13/13
AC: 18 ,FF 16, Tou 12
Saves: F 5, R 5, W 1

theterran
2010-03-03, 07:32 AM
Gleb - Round 5

Actions:
Double Move to V18. Will need 3 Jump checks.

[roll0] DC10
[roll1] DC10
[roll2] DC10

Move [roll3] (-5 included)



End my Turn.

Stats:
Location - V18
HP: 5/5
AC: 19 Touch: 14 Flat: 16
Mage Armor (4/600)
Invisibility (3/30)
Expeditious Retreat (2/10)
Spells:

Level 0 - Launch Bolt x2, Launch Item-x, Mage Hand
Level 1 - Color Spray, Color Spray, Kelgore's Firebolt , Expeditious Retreat-x
Level 2 - Boiling Blood

Sallera
2010-03-03, 10:54 AM
Teravel, Round 5

Refs/LoS:Move west into the mist.
Ending in C15.
Hide: [roll0]
MS: [roll1]
Standard: Ready action:Spit at Gleb if he becomes visible in range.
Spot: [roll2]
Listen: [roll3]

Stats:HP 10/10, AC18 (13, 15)
Soulmelds: Dissolving Spittle 1/1, Phoenix Belt 2/2, Krenshar Mask 1/1
Done.

Thefurmonger
2010-03-03, 11:42 AM
OK Just to be clear, I THINK the Mist Has the following as its borders.
A-7, B-6, C-6, D-6, E-7, F-8, G-9, G-10, G-11, F-12, E-13, D-14, C-14, B-14, A-13

Please feel free to tell me I suck and I cant do math, seriously I dont mind.

Cally Round 5 (Beginning)
Ref/LOS
Move: Draw Club
Move: Draw shield
Free: 5' to D-10

MY turn is done, but we will need a ref for Trippy and Bob

Stats.

Location: C-10 (In mist)
Hp: 12/12
AC: 16 ,FF 15, Tou 11
Saves: F 6, R 1, W 4
Bob the elemental 3/4 rounds left.
Obscuring Mist 19/20 Rounds Left.

Spells:
Cure Minor Wounds
Cure Minor Wounds
Cure Minor Wounds

Wall of smoke
Obscuring Mist

Trippy
Location: Q-10 Till a ref moves him.
HP 13/13
AC: 18 ,FF 16, Tou 12
Saves: F 5, R 5, W 1

Psionic Dog
2010-03-03, 05:03 PM
High Ref PsiDog

I believe the mist is centered on C-11, and would so occupy:
A: 8 - 14, B: 7 - 15, C: 7 - 15, D: 7 - 15, E: 8 - 14, F: 8 - 14, G: 10 - 12

First things first, elemental swings blindly at L-9

@Anyone in L-9 at Cally R-4:
[roll0] [roll1]
[roll2]

@Refs:
Preemptive listen's apply to the next round: so T's 10 fails.
[roll3] success
[roll4] success. Dog moves in direction of noise, then checks scent for direction.
[roll5] Failure: Elemental attacks L-9 again according to orders to no effect.

@Cally
No LoS.
You hear movement to the east, to the south, and to the south-southeast. You also hear barking to the south southeast.

@Gleb
The elemental swings and misses. A round later it swings again at your now-empty location.

You see Teravel move to C-15. Teravel has concealment from the mists, but never completely broke LoS to hide.

The Dog moved south to Q-16, stops to sniff the air, and starts barking at you again.

No LoS to Cally.

@Teravel
No LoS.
You hear barking to the East beyond the reach of your lantern's light. (assuming you're still carrying the lantern)

Thefurmonger
2010-03-03, 05:43 PM
Thanks Psidog.

Actually the mist was centered in C-10 but if everyone doesnt care ill go with C-11 as..

A. I cant see it mattering.
B. You already nicely ploted out what was covered.

theterran
2010-03-04, 07:26 AM
Gleb - Round 6

Actions:
Double Move to K23.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Move [roll3] -5 included. (well...it appears they'll all know where I am now...)


End my Turn.

Stats:
Location - K23
HP: 5/5
AC: 19 Touch: 14 Flat: 16
Mage Armor (5/600)
Invisibility (4/30)
Expeditious Retreat (3/10)
Spells:


Level 0 - Launch Bolt x2, Launch Item-x, Mage Hand
Level 1 - Color Spray, Color Spray, Kelgore's Firebolt , Expeditious Retreat-x
Level 2 - Boiling Blood

Thefurmonger
2010-03-04, 11:32 AM
For ease of refs.

Listen Mods.

Teravel: +4 (this is from my notes, the sheet is down ATM tho)

Cally: +6

Trippy: +5

Bob the elemental: +3

Sallera
2010-03-04, 12:28 PM
Teravel, Round 6

Refs/LoS:Maintain readied action:Spit at Gleb if he becomes visible in range.
Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]
Hide: 21

Stats:HP 10/10, AC18 (13, 15)
Soulmelds: Dissolving Spittle 1/1, Phoenix Belt 2/2, Krenshar Mask 1/1
Done.

Thefurmonger
2010-03-04, 10:25 PM
Sorry for the Delay guys, Need LOS and listen checks.

Psionic Dog
2010-03-05, 06:49 AM
Refs
Teravel rolled a 24 listen opposed to Gleb's -1. At 55 ft distance that's a success by 20 for a pinpoint.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
The last two don't matter just yet since were in a rewind but the other two do.

Rewind to start of Teravel's turn.

Teravel
Your hear movement swing clockwise from your east to your south-east, ending at K-23. (I believe K-23 is beyond the reach of your lantern's light)
No LoS

Gleb
You see Teravel in C15 and the Trippy the dog in Q-16

Cally
You hear movement to the South East and the dog stops barking.
No LoS.

Sallera
2010-03-05, 05:56 PM
Teravel, Round 6 rev.

Refs/LoS:I'm not sure it is out of range, but I can fix that.
Partial move to D15, holding my lantern to the southeast, which definitely puts K23 within the 60ft of light I've got. Can I see anything in K23?
Hide: [roll0]
MS: [roll1]
Not done, need LoS.

Psionic Dog
2010-03-05, 09:22 PM
@Teravel
My bad. Miscounted by 5ft. You were correct, K-23 has shadowy illumination from your original location.

You see nothing in K-23.

Sallera
2010-03-05, 09:49 PM
Teravel, Round 6 cont.

Refs/LoS:Continue movement, still moving silently, to E16->E22, autosucceeding on jump check.
Standard: Spit acid at K23.
Conceal, miss on 1: [roll0]
Attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

Stats:HP 10/10, AC18 (13, 15)
Soulmelds: Dissolving Spittle 1/1, Phoenix Belt 2/2, Krenshar Mask 1/1
Done.

Thefurmonger
2010-03-05, 10:28 PM
Cally Begining or Round 6

Well really we need a ref again...

Psionic Dog
2010-03-08, 08:04 AM
High Ref PsiDog

Refs
Dog heard Gleb move to the south, so it goes south until it smells kobold then takes another move action to scent direction.

The elemental has the orders: "Kill the kobold who may be invisible. Listen as needed"
The elemental failed to hear Gleb, but after missing twice on L-9 spends a move action to retry the listen. [roll0]

EDIT: On second thought the elemental has a -3 jump modifier. It's not going to try long jumping unless ordered.

@ Cally
You hear barking to the South-East.
No LoS.

@ Gleb
You see all that Teravel (now in E-22 after missing you with acid) did.

The earth elemental moves south to L-12 before stopping at the chasm edge.
The dog moves to P22, sniffs the air, and starts barking at you again.
No LoS to Cally.

@Teravel
From E-22 you can see a small Earth elemental in L-10.
The elemental moves south to L-12, stopping at the chasm edge. The dog Trippy appears moving south out of the darkness to end at P-22 where it sniffs the air and beings barking at something to the west of itself

Thefurmonger
2010-03-08, 08:50 AM
Cally End of round 6

End turn

Stats.

Location: C-10 (In mist)
Hp: 12/12
AC: 16 ,FF 15, Tou 11
Saves: F 6, R 1, W 4
Bob the elemental 2/4 rounds left.
Obscuring Mist 18/20 Rounds Left.

Spells:
Cure Minor Wounds
Cure Minor Wounds
Cure Minor Wounds

Wall of smoke
Obscuring Mist

Trippy
Location: Not a clue.
HP 13/13
AC: 18 ,FF 16, Tou 12
Saves: F 5, R 5, W 1

theterran
2010-03-08, 09:18 AM
Gleb - Round 7

Actions:
Move to K24 to C-24 to C-22.
Ready an Action: Cast Color Spray if I can catch Teravel and the dog in the same spray.

Auto-Succeed the Jump. (+10 Mod due to speed)

[roll0]



End my Turn.

Stats:
Location - C-22
HP: 5/5
AC: 19 Touch: 14 Flat: 16
Mage Armor (6/600)
Invisibility (5/30)
Expeditious Retreat (4/10)
Spells:

Level 0 - Launch Bolt x2, Launch Item-x, Mage Hand
Level 1 - Color Spray, Color Spray, Kelgore's Firebolt , Expeditious Retreat-x
Level 2 - Boiling Blood

Sallera
2010-03-08, 11:16 AM
Teravel, Round 7

Refs/LoS:Standard: Ready action:5ft step and spit acid if I hear spellcasting and can't see the source, or if I see Gleb within range.
Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

Stats:HP 10/10, AC18 (13, 15)
Soulmelds: Dissolving Spittle 1/1, Phoenix Belt 2/2, Krenshar Mask 1/1
Done.

Thefurmonger
2010-03-08, 01:33 PM
Ill go ask again.

Psionic Dog
2010-03-08, 04:08 PM
Hello again.

Refs
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

First things first, clarification for Teravel
You hear footsteps approach to from the East, pass to the south of you, and end to your west.

Does this knowledge change your last action in any way? If yes you may post a revision.

EDIT: Also, clarification needed from Cally
Remind me again, did you command Trippy to attack all enemies starting with Gleb or did you command Trippy to only attack Gleb?

Sallera
2010-03-08, 04:22 PM
Teravel, Round 7 rev.

Refs/LoS:Move to D23.
Standard: Ready action:Move if I hear spellcasting and can't see the source, or if I see Gleb within range.
Spot and listen above.

Stats:HP 10/10, AC18 (13, 15)
Soulmelds: Dissolving Spittle 1/1, Phoenix Belt 2/2, Krenshar Mask 1/1
Done.

Thefurmonger
2010-03-08, 04:37 PM
@ref In retrospect it may have been a mistake, but it was just Gleb

Psionic Dog
2010-03-08, 05:04 PM
@Refs
The patter established for dog is move in direction of sound, move 5ft into scent range, stop and sniff. Dog moves 10 ft south to get a running jump, and then moves west toward scent. It first encounters scent at I24 after traveling 40 ft, and jumps the chasm to move closer in the Right Direction.

Since it wasn't commanded to attack Teravel it ends turn out of reach.
The elemental takes stays in place.

Cally
That works, and seems to be a valid interetation of actions early in the match.

No LoS. You hear movement and barking to the south.

Gleb
Teravel revises movement to move to D-23 (provoking an AoO should you have a melee weapon equipped) and readys an action.

The dog moves 10ft to the south to get a running start before turning west to double move to F24 where it barks energetically in any and all directions.

Teravel
You watch the dog move 10ft to the south to get a running start before turning west to double move to F24 where it barks energetically in any and all directions.

No Other LoS

Thefurmonger
2010-03-08, 05:13 PM
Cally Round 7

Refs/LOS
Move to F-12 (I think I can see out from there)

Free action: Yell In Terran Have you found him?

END TURN

Stats.

Location: F-12 (In mist)
Hp: 12/12
AC: 16 ,FF 15, Tou 11
Saves: F 6, R 1, W 4
Bob the elemental 1/4 rounds left.
Obscuring Mist 17/20 Rounds Left.

Spells:
Cure Minor Wounds
Cure Minor Wounds
Cure Minor Wounds

Wall of smoke
Obscuring Mist

Trippy
Location: Not a clue.
HP 13/13
AC: 18 ,FF 16, Tou 12
Saves: F 5, R 5, W 1

theterran
2010-03-09, 07:37 AM
Gleb - Round 8

Actions:
Ready an Action to cast Color Spray if I can hit both the dog and Teravel with the same one.

End my Turn.

Stats:
Location - C-22
HP: 5/5
AC: 19 Touch: 14 Flat: 16
Mage Armor (7/600)
Invisibility (6/30)
Expeditious Retreat (5/10)
Spells:


Level 0 - Launch Bolt x2, Launch Item-x, Mage Hand
Level 1 - Color Spray, Color Spray, Kelgore's Firebolt , Expeditious Retreat-x
Level 2 - Boiling Blood

Sallera
2010-03-09, 03:48 PM
Teravel, Round 8

Refs/LoS:Standard: Ready action:Move if I hear spellcasting and can't see the source, or if I see Gleb within range.
Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

Stats:HP 10/10, AC18 (13, 15)
Soulmelds: Dissolving Spittle 1/1, Phoenix Belt 2/2, Krenshar Mask 1/1
Done.

Thefurmonger
2010-03-09, 03:49 PM
Off I go to the WR.....

**Casts summon PsiDog**

Psionic Dog
2010-03-10, 10:44 AM
High Ref PsiDog

Refs
:smallcool:

Terran Shout:
I think I heard it move south, but see nothing.

Cally
From F12 you can see out out only to the SouthEast: that is, stuff south of Row 12 and East of Colum F.

No LoS.

You hear barking to the south and hear the terran responce from the east

Gleb
LoS to Teravel (D23) Elemental (L12) and Dog.

The Dog sniff the air, then moves to E23 and barks at you.

Teravel
You hear a shout in Terran to the north and see the earth elemental in L-12 give a reply.

The Dog sniffs the air, and then moves to E-23 barking at something to the North-West.

No other LoS

Thefurmonger
2010-03-10, 10:50 AM
Thanks again PsiDog.

Cally Round 8

@Ref/LOSI enjoy staying in my mist of you cant see me and hope that someone kills someone else soon so i at least get 2nd :smallbiggrin:

The Elemental goes back where he came from.

END TURN

Stats.

Location: F-12 (In mist)
Hp: 12/12
AC: 16 ,FF 15, Tou 11
Saves: F 6, R 1, W 4
Bob the elemental 0/4 rounds left.
Obscuring Mist 16/20 Rounds Left.

Spells:
Cure Minor Wounds
Cure Minor Wounds
Cure Minor Wounds

Wall of smoke
Obscuring Mist

Trippy
Location: Not a clue.
HP 13/13
AC: 18 ,FF 16, Tou 12
Saves: F 5, R 5, W 1

theterran
2010-03-10, 11:04 AM
Gleb - Round 9

Actions:
@Refs:
If I can, I will say something Just loud enough for Teravel to hear, as I run by (I elect not to take my Readied Action), which I'll let you communicate so Cally won't know I said it.

Free Action: (To Teravel only)
In Common: "You know, it seems not altogether fair that you are the bait to draw me out while he hides in his mist with his elemental and dog waiting for me to die so they can kill you, perhaps while I draw off the dog, you should take the opportunity to kill the summoner..."

I'll then Double-Move to Q10.

[roll0]


End my turn.
I'll get a ref for listen checks for my movement.

Stats:
Location - Q-10
HP: 5/5
AC: 19 Touch: 14 Flat: 16
Mage Armor (8/600)
Invisibility (7/30)
Expeditious Retreat (6/10)
Spells:



Level 0 - Launch Bolt x2, Launch Item-x, Mage Hand
Level 1 - Color Spray, Color Spray, Kelgore's Firebolt , Expeditious Retreat-x
Level 2 - Boiling Blood

Psionic Dog
2010-03-10, 12:06 PM
Eh, may as well update while I'm still online.

Refs
Is there any limit on the words spoken as a free action?
I wouldn't be opposed to restricting free-action speech to 25-words or less per round in the future with additional speech requiring either a swift of move action.

For this match, talking is a free action, no limits.

Cally
No Change


Gleb
When you jump the G/H chasm you gain LoS to Cally whos at the edge of the mists in F-12. You may revise your turn if you wish.

Teravel
You hear a voice whisper to you from the north: "You know, it seems not altogether fair that you are the bait to draw me out while he hides in his mist with his elemental and dog waiting for me to die so they can kill you, perhaps while I draw off the dog, you should take the opportunity to kill the summoner.."

You then hear the speaker move off to the east. Otherwise, no change.

theterran
2010-03-10, 12:10 PM
PsiDog/Ref
Nah, I'll keep my actions as is...though it's nice to know where he is :smallbiggrin:

This doesn't effect the game.

Sallera
2010-03-10, 12:21 PM
Teravel, Round 9

Refs/LoS:Move to J23.
Standard: Ready action:Move if I hear spellcasting and can't see the source, or if I see Gleb within range.
Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

Stats:HP 10/10, AC18 (13, 15)
Soulmelds: Dissolving Spittle 1/1, Phoenix Belt 2/2, Krenshar Mask 1/1
Done.

Thefurmonger
2010-03-10, 12:58 PM
Off to get the refs..

Psionic Dog
2010-03-11, 05:04 PM
*poof* bob the elemental leaves the stage.

Refs
[roll0]
[roll1]

Cally
You hear movement to the east.
You see Teravel move east to J-23 and ready an action.
You see your dog move East-North-East out to P-16 where it resumes barking in any and all directions

Gleb
You see Teravel move out to J-23 and ready an action.
You see the dog move out to P-16 and begin barking in no particular direction.

Teravel
You see Cally in F-12.
You watch the dog move out to P-16 and begin barking in any and all directions.

Thefurmonger
2010-03-11, 07:43 PM
Cally Round 9

Ref/LOSMove to E-11 breaking LOS then..Finish move in D-10

Yell: (Common) "Gleb, Seriously? are we doing this for the next 20ish rounds?"

End Turn

Stats.

Location: C-10 (In mist)
Hp: 12/12
AC: 16 ,FF 15, Tou 11
Saves: F 6, R 1, W 4
Bob the elemental 0/4 rounds left.
Obscuring Mist 15/20 Rounds Left.

Spells:
Cure Minor Wounds
Cure Minor Wounds
Cure Minor Wounds

Wall of smoke
Obscuring Mist

Trippy
Location: P-16
HP 13/13
AC: 18 ,FF 16, Tou 12
Saves: F 5, R 5, W 1

theterran
2010-03-15, 01:37 PM
Assuming it's my turn, I'll get around to it here in a bit, trying to play catch up with other things atm.

theterran
2010-03-16, 06:20 AM
Gleb - Round 10

Actions and a Ref Question:
I'll move to F9. I have 5ft of movement left and I'm on the edge of the mist, can I use that last 5ft of movement to go 5ft into the mist, or would I have to use another move action?

Turn not over.

Psionic Dog
2010-03-16, 09:26 PM
@theterran
Obscuring mist does not impede movement in any form, so yes you may move into the mist if you have remaining movement

theterran
2010-03-17, 06:09 AM
Gleb - Round 10 (Cont)

Actions:
I will finish my move to F10. There I will cast Color Spray, and I will cover the entire platform with it except Row 9. If it hits Cally, it's a DC 16 Will Save,
[roll0]
[roll1]
Stunned - 1

if it doesn't ...I'm still invisible.

End my Turn...will need ref.

Stats:
Location - F10
HP: 5/5
AC: 19 Touch: 14 Flat: 16
Mage Armor (9/600)
Invisibility (8/30) (Might be gone)
Expeditious Retreat (7/10)
Spells:

Level 0 - Launch Bolt x2, Launch Item-x, Mage Hand
Level 1 - Color Spray-x, Color Spray, Kelgore's Firebolt , Expeditious Retreat-x
Level 2 - Boiling Blood

Psionic Dog
2010-03-17, 11:22 AM
Soo... LoS again?

Refs
[roll0]

Cally
You hear movement approach from the east, and then speaking.

Then there is a flash of light.
Make a DC 16 will save or be blasted unconscious for 4 round, blinded and stunned for 3 rounds, then just stunned for 1 more round.

No LoS.

DC 16 spellcraft to identify spell
Color spray

Gleb
A 15 ft cone doesn't cover that much of the platform.

From your mention of it not hitting row 9 I take it Glebis shooting it south-west from the E9/F10 corner (as opposed from west out of E/F10 or some other corner).
From there it would only hit: C10, D10, E10, D11, E11, E12.

In any event you turn visible.
No LoS.

Teravel
You saw Cally move NorthEast out of LoS.
The dog is still in P-16.
You hear speech to the Northish, but can't make out the words.

Sallera
2010-03-17, 11:28 AM
Teravel, Round 10

Refs/LoS:Standard: Ready action:Move if I hear spellcasting and can't see the source, or if I see Gleb within range.
Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

Stats:HP 10/10, AC18 (13, 15)
Soulmelds: Dissolving Spittle 1/1, Phoenix Belt 2/2, Krenshar Mask 1/1
Done.

Thefurmonger
2010-03-17, 11:35 AM
Ref
[roll0] DC 16

Thefurmonger
2010-03-17, 02:22 PM
Cally Turn 10

Ref/LOS ........ I lie here......... go me.......

Turn done.

Will get ref for the dog.

Psionic Dog
2010-03-18, 11:23 AM
Refs
[roll0]

Cally
Zzzz... (sort of)

Gleb
You hear barking to the west.
You see yourself.
No other los

Teravel
The dog takes a step back to get a running start and double moves to J-11 where it starts barking in no particular direction.

No other LoS.

theterran
2010-03-18, 03:35 PM
Gleb - Round 11

Actions/Ref Question:
Move to E10, then E11, then D11, then D10. At any point, if I see him, I stop. Also, what kind of action do I need to push him off the edge of the platform?

Turn not Over...need a ref.

Psionic Dog
2010-03-18, 04:47 PM
@Gleb

When you reach E-10 you find Cally unconscious on the ground in D-10.

It's a move action to pick up an unresisting character (see grapple rules if the character is capable of resisting)

Dropping a held character as also a free action (see grapple rules if character is capable of resisting).

Pushing a character in any direction is a full round action to shove them 5 ft. (similar to bull rush).


However, none of this applies today. Your sheet says Gleb is only capable of carrying 45 lbs, lifting 90 lbs, and pushing 225 lbs. Cally weigh 300 lbs plus gear.

theterran
2010-03-19, 07:38 AM
Actions (cont):
I'll move around to C-10 and Fiery Burst him.
[roll0] Reflex Halves (though I don't know if he gets a Reflex being unconcious and all)

(edit) for expediency, I think Cally can look at the spoiler...

End my turn.

Stats:
Location - C10
HP: 5/5
AC: 19 Touch: 14 Flat: 16
Mage Armor (10/600)
Expeditious Retreat (8/10)
Spells:

Level 0 - Launch Bolt x2, Launch Item-x, Mage Hand
Level 1 - Color Spray-x, Color Spray, Kelgore's Firebolt , Expeditious Retreat-x
Level 2 - Boiling Blood

Thefurmonger
2010-03-19, 10:12 AM
At refs and GlebHrm, well crap. I dont THINK i get a save as i cant move. that puts me at -2, i still have faith in my dog to kill you befor i die tho :biggrin:

Sallera
2010-03-21, 06:33 PM
Teravel, Round 11

Refs/LoS:Standard: Ready action:Move if I hear spellcasting and can't see the source, or if I see Gleb within range.
Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

Stats:HP 10/10, AC18 (13, 15)
Soulmelds: Dissolving Spittle 1/1, Phoenix Belt 2/2, Krenshar Mask 1/1
Done.

Psionic Dog
2010-03-22, 08:00 AM
Arena Announcer: "And Cally's down, taking 3rd place!"

After consulting the waiting room I beleive Cally's spells, AC, and such remain in the arena until the match call so the Ghost of Cally may yet take someone down with him.


@Refs
Gleb moved half speed. DC 6 + 7 distance to hear = 13
Teravel rolled a 12 for the round Gleb moved:
[roll0]

See next post.

Psionic Dog
2010-03-22, 08:08 AM
@Refs
Nothing new

Gleb
The dog appears next to you at F-11.
[roll0] [roll1]
[roll2]
The dog also starts barking.

No other LoS

Teravel
The dog backs up a step back before moving west into the mist and out of LoS.
You continue to hear its barks northish of you.

Thefurmonger
2010-03-22, 05:26 PM
Question. If one of the others DIES, like -10. Before I bleed out do I still get 3rd? or is it second?

Yes I am grasping at straws :biggrin:

theterran
2010-03-23, 02:16 PM
Refs:
Is the AC beside me in C11? because I'm in C10...not F10 :smallwink:

Psionic Dog
2010-03-23, 02:40 PM
@Cally
Sorry. The conditions for loss say:

Being rendered unable to continue fighting, usualy by being killed or rendered unconcious by being reduced to negative hit points.

Since you have no allies capable of healing you and no fast healing unconscious with negative HP is sufficient to render Cally unable to continue fighting.

@Gleb
My bad. My LoS map had you in E-10 some how... not sure how that happened, possible sleep deprivation.

It looks like the Dog actually attacked from D-11 then.

theterran
2010-03-23, 03:03 PM
Gleb - Round 12

Actions:
I'll Fiery Burst the AC
[roll0] DC16 Ref for half

Then I'll 5ft Step to D9 and hide.
[roll1]



end my Turn.

Stats:
Location - D9
HP: 5/5
AC: 19 Touch: 14 Flat: 16
Mage Armor (11/600)
Expeditious Retreat (9/10)
Spells:

Level 0 - Launch Bolt x2, Launch Item-x, Mage Hand
Level 1 - Color Spray-x, Color Spray, Kelgore's Firebolt , Expeditious Retreat-x
Level 2 - Boiling Blood

Sallera
2010-03-23, 03:22 PM
Teravel, Round 12

Refs/LoS:Standard: Ready action:Move if I hear spellcasting and can't see the source, or if I see Gleb within range.
Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

Stats:HP 10/10, AC18 (13, 15)
Soulmelds: Dissolving Spittle 1/1, Phoenix Belt 2/2, Krenshar Mask 1/1
Done.

Thefurmonger
2010-03-23, 06:18 PM
So the refs dont have to look back Trippy's Character Sheet ("http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=187718)

Psionic Dog
2010-03-26, 07:43 AM
Refs
Teravel rolled a 22 for these actions.
Players Move: DC 8 + 8 distance = simple success
Dog Barks.
DC 0 + 8 distance = improved success.

I think Firry Burst has no vocal components and does not provoke, but I could be wrong.

Gleb
[roll0]
The dog can't beat that hide, but when it moves north to D-10 it gains a scent pinpoint.

[roll1] [roll2] (50% miss chance)
On hit [roll3] and [roll4]

Other than the dog no LoS

Teravel
You hear movement northish of your position, and hear barking to the North-NorthWest.

No LoS

theterran
2010-03-26, 08:48 AM
Gleb - Round 13

Actions:
Fiery Burst the AC again.

[roll0] Reflex Halves DC16
and I'll 5ft step to E9.


End my Turn

Stats:
Location - E9
HP: 5/5
AC: 19 Touch: 14 Flat: 16
Mage Armor (12/600)
Spells:

Level 0 - Launch Bolt x2, Launch Item-x, Mage Hand
Level 1 - Color Spray-x, Color Spray, Kelgore's Firebolt , Expeditious Retreat-x
Level 2 - Boiling Blood

Sallera
2010-03-26, 03:06 PM
Teravel, Round 13

Refs/LoS:Move to J16, autosucceeding on jump.
Standard: Ready action:Spit at Gleb if I pinpoint or see him in range.
Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]
MS: [roll2]

Stats:HP 10/10, AC18 (13, 15)
Soulmelds: Dissolving Spittle 1/1, Phoenix Belt 2/2, Krenshar Mask 1/1
Done.

Psionic Dog
2010-03-28, 02:36 PM
Refs
[roll0]
Teravel has a 24 listen, but at the time was too far away to pinpoint, and the listen (6) after moving closer is too low to pinpoint.


Gleb
Aren't supper natural abilities DC 10 + ability by default?
Basically, How is Fiery Burst a DC 16 rather than a DC 15 (not that it makes a difference, just curious)

Anyway,
[roll1]

If the dog saves,
[roll2] [roll3] (20%)
If hit: [roll4] [roll5]

You also hear movement southish of you, but no other LoS.

Teravel
No LoS.
You hear barking to the north west.

theterran
2010-03-29, 07:30 AM
Gleb - Round 14

Actions:
I had always assumed it took into account the level of the spell being used (which would make it a DC 17, not 16, but the wording is not there, so it might be just a 15...I would actually like someone to verify which way this should go...)

Fiery Burst the dog
[roll0] Reflex Save Halves DC15?

Then I'll Hide.
[roll1]



End my Turn.

Stats:
Location - E9
HP: 5/5
AC: 19 Touch: 14 Flat: 16
Mage Armor (12/600)
Spells:

Level 0 - Launch Bolt x2, Launch Item-x, Mage Hand
Level 1 - Color Spray-x, Color Spray, Kelgore's Firebolt , Expeditious Retreat-x
Level 2 - Boiling Blood

Sallera
2010-03-29, 05:18 PM
Teravel, Round 14

Refs/LoS:Standard: Ready action:Spit at Gleb if I pinpoint or see him in range.
Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

Stats:HP 10/10, AC18 (13, 15)
Soulmelds: Dissolving Spittle 1/1, Phoenix Belt 2/2, Krenshar Mask 1/1
Done.

Psionic Dog
2010-03-29, 06:55 PM
Refs
Even if the dog makes the save it ought to yelp and retreat... only there are no hard numbers on when an animal will break off an attack due to personal injury that I can recall. At 0 hp it should retreat from the Handle Animal description, and they probably would at death's door (1 hp) as well, but 2? 3? <25%?

If I was a normal DM I'd say yes to all the above, but nothing I can find in RAW says the dog will retreat while it can still effectively fight, even if it's down to only 2 hp.

Gleb
[roll0]
...That is one lucky dog. It still lives, for now.

You still have LoS to the Dog, and can't hide from it.
[roll1] [roll2] (20%)
[roll3] [roll4]

No other LoS


Teravel
No change

theterran
2010-03-30, 07:06 AM
Gleb - Round 15

Actions:
The Dog Must DIE!!!
(edit)Apparently it won't die this go around though...(/edit)

[roll0] Reflex Halves...blah blah...

If it dies...I'll draw a potion, otherwise, I'll just stand there.


End my Turn.

Stats:
Location - E9
HP: 5/5
AC: 19 Touch: 14 Flat: 16
Mage Armor (13/600)
Spells:

Level 0 - Launch Bolt x2, Launch Item-x, Mage Hand
Level 1 - Color Spray-x, Color Spray, Kelgore's Firebolt , Expeditious Retreat-x
Level 2 - Boiling Blood

Sallera
2010-03-30, 10:42 AM
Teravel, Round 15

Refs/LoS:Standard: Ready action:Spit at Gleb if I pinpoint or see him in range.
Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

Stats:HP 10/10, AC18 (13, 15)
Soulmelds: Dissolving Spittle 1/1, Phoenix Belt 2/2, Krenshar Mask 1/1
Done.

Psionic Dog
2010-03-30, 12:10 PM
Refs
Dog retreats to C-12. Since it can't see the far platform in the mists it won't make the leap of faith to move further.

Gleb
[roll0]

If it fails the dog retreats. I don't think the Dog's suicidally loyal enough to keep attacking when disabled.
On success...

[roll1] [roll2] 20%
[roll3] [roll4]

The dog moves south-west out of LoS.

Teravel
You hear movement and barking to the NorthWest.
No LoS

theterran
2010-03-30, 01:11 PM
Gleb - Round 16

Actions:
It didn't die, so I didn't draw the potion...:smallannoyed:

Move Action to draw my Light X-Bow (preloaded).
I will hide.
[roll0]
[roll1]

5ft Step to F9. which should put me on the edge of the fog, but still within it.


End my Turn.

Stats:
Location - F9
HP: 5/5
AC: 19 Touch: 14 Flat: 16
Mage Armor (14/600)
Spells:

Level 0 - Launch Bolt x2, Launch Item-x, Mage Hand
Level 1 - Color Spray-x, Color Spray, Kelgore's Firebolt , Expeditious Retreat-x
Level 2 - Boiling Blood

Sallera
2010-03-30, 02:02 PM
Teravel, Round 16

Refs/LoS:Standard: Ready action:Spit at Gleb if I pinpoint or see him in range.
Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

Stats:HP 10/10, AC18 (13, 15)
Soulmelds: Dissolving Spittle 1/1, Phoenix Belt 2/2, Krenshar Mask 1/1
Done.

Psionic Dog
2010-04-01, 06:42 AM
Gleb
From F-9 you can see out to the NorthEast (everything East of column F and north of row 9)
No LoS.

Teravel
No LoS

theterran
2010-04-01, 07:19 PM
Gleb - Round 17

Actions:
Ready an action to shoot him with my Xbow if he comes into LoS.
[roll0]

End my Turn.

Stats:
Location - F9
HP: 5/5
AC: 19 Touch: 14 Flat: 16
Mage Armor (15/600)
Spells:



Level 0 - Launch Bolt x2, Launch Item-x, Mage Hand
Level 1 - Color Spray-x, Color Spray, Kelgore's Firebolt , Expeditious Retreat-x
Level 2 - Boiling Blood

Sallera
2010-04-01, 07:28 PM
Teravel, Round 17

Refs/LoS:No more barking? Guess he finally dealt with the AC. Well, he'll come to me eventually. Or the mist will fall. Either way, I'm good.
Standard: Ready action:Spit at Gleb if I pinpoint or see him in range.
Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

Stats:HP 10/10, AC18 (13, 15)
Soulmelds: Dissolving Spittle 1/1, Phoenix Belt 2/2, Krenshar Mask 1/1
Done.

Psionic Dog
2010-04-07, 06:38 PM
Refs
Mist Poofs at Round 25, Initiative count 8.

Other than that, no movement == no los change

Gleb
No LoS

Teravel
No LoS.
No barking.

theterran
2010-04-08, 06:09 AM
Gleb - Round 18

Actions:
Put away my Xbow, and draw a scroll.
Continue hiding.
[roll0]


End my Turn.

Sallera
2010-04-08, 05:03 PM
Teravel, Round 18

Refs/LoS:Standard: Ready action:Spit at Gleb if I pinpoint or see him in range.
Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

Stats:HP 10/10, AC18 (13, 15)
Soulmelds: Dissolving Spittle 1/1, Phoenix Belt 2/2, Krenshar Mask 1/1
Done.

Psionic Dog
2010-04-08, 08:49 PM
Refs
Copy. Paste.
Mist Poofs at Round 25, Initiative count 8.

Other than that, no movement == no los change

Gleb
No LoS

Teravel
No LoS.

theterran
2010-04-12, 07:40 AM
Gleb Round 19

"Why don't you come and get me!?! I'm not going anywhere!

Actions:
Put away the scroll and draw a Potion of Shield of Faith

[roll0]

End my Turn.

Stats:
Location - F9
HP: 5/5
AC: 19 Touch: 14 Flat: 16
Mage Armor (17/600)
Spells:



Level 0 - Launch Bolt x2, Launch Item-x, Mage Hand
Level 1 - Color Spray-x, Color Spray, Kelgore's Firebolt , Expeditious Retreat-x
Level 2 - Boiling Blood

Sallera
2010-04-12, 12:07 PM
Teravel, Round 19

Refs/LoS:Well, at least speech is something I can try and pinpoint.
Listen: [roll0]
Spot: [roll1]
Move action: Listen: [roll2]

Stats:HP 10/10, AC18 (13, 15)
Soulmelds: Dissolving Spittle 1/1, Phoenix Belt 2/2, Krenshar Mask 1/1
Not done, need LoS.

Psionic Dog
2010-04-12, 04:35 PM
Refs
Copy. Paste.
Mist Poofs at Round 25, Initiative count 8.

Other than that, no movement == no los change
Speech, a full shout most likely.
DC -5 to hear?
-5 + 5 distance = DC 0. Teravel makes it by 10 for improved success.

Gleb
No LoS

Teravel
The shout came from the North-Northwest.
No LoS

Sallera
2010-04-12, 05:43 PM
Teravel, Round 19 cont.

Refs/LoS:Sneaky time, then.
Move to K16->E16->D17, autosucceeding on Jump check.
MS: [roll0]

Stats:HP 10/10, AC18 (13, 15)
Soulmelds: Dissolving Spittle 1/1, Phoenix Belt 2/2, Krenshar Mask 1/1
Done.

hustlertwo
2010-04-16, 07:12 PM
Unfortunately, it's not a weekend, so Terran's DQed!

theterran
2010-04-16, 08:55 PM
Wait, so I get DQ'd because I'm waiting on a ref for LoS? :smallconfused:

Probably just as well...as long as I can still claim 2nd prize and get to go to the final

Sallera
2010-04-16, 09:06 PM
:smallconfused: You didn't request LoS, as far as I can see.