PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] In a world where humanity has dug it's grave, and the old races have fled......

Pika...
2010-02-24, 03:45 PM
Campaign Setting Prelude:
"In a world where humanity has dug it's grave, from which the old races have either fled or dug deep into the planet's crust, and on where the savage races struggle to regain their numbers after the Great Human Wars, all that remains are the former slaves to squabble over the ruins."

http://www.stargazersworld.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/meepo-174x300.jpg

Campaign world concept:

This is a world which I would be sticking into my cosmology if I can get it off the ground (help pwease? 0.0).
As some may remember in my cosmology and homeworld Humanity basically hit it's own self-destruct button and is all but extinct.
On this world, as in many others, the destruction caused by the Human on Human conflict was so massive that other races were affected and forced to defend themselves, flee, or isolate themselves.
On this world the Long-Lived/Old Races did the following: The Elves rediscovered (or simply were given by the few remaining First Ones) the magic to make the cloud ship (aka Spelljammer ships) of their First Ones ancestors, while the Dwarves dug ever deeper into the planet's crust than any underground race has ever ventured and have not been seen since.
The Savage Races (Orcs, Gnolls, etc) were so thrilled at the offers from diminishing Human nations and city states of forged weapons and armor that they eagerly joined the Human ranks as mercenaries. However, while they are still around compared to Humans their numbers are crippled. Not to mention they are still fight each other with their slowly decaying weapons and armor (it has been 85 years since the Human Fall).
From the rubbled Human cities, and the abandoned Elven majestic cities (those that the Elves did not take with them...) are emerging one of the two great survivors: The mighty Goblins! While mighty might be a stretch, their fast reproduction and the fact that they are normally complete cowards by nature allowed them to survive The Human Plague in great numbers, and they are starting to reproduce exponentially in this new void.
The second great survivors is the Kobolds. Everyone underestimated the humble Kobold, so no one really bothered with them during the epic plague that took place. Considered too weak to be of use as slaves by all but the cheapest of BBEGs they were mostly left alone, and with the Dwarves abandoning their ancient fortified mines and underground fortresses they had been quietly increasing their colonies' rates of reproduction to divide the tribes as many times as possible to claim these new homes and resources which the Dwarves had kept from them for millenia.
So now the Goblins roam the Elven forests and their majestic ancient cities looking for left-behind trinkets (occasionally finding a very powerful one), while the Kobolds dwell the underdark with the ancient Dwarven fortresses (and their own fortified colonies) as their safe havens and trading posts. Where their paths cross is the ruins of man, where everything and anything is still for the taking (including the cities themselves).
The Savage Races are still managing to hold on to the plains, but while they detest the idea of ever admitting it they know their former slaves could easily take them and finish them off in their current position.
Also, this is a D20 Modern World! Yup, buns, grenades, and such (who knows, maybe even a tank) littered everywhere for players to have their crazy little Goblins or Kobolds use. :smallbiggrin:

Playing/Playstyle/Whatever Term is correct for this of how the game would work, and questions I need help in:
I
imagine players would basically be either a Goblin or Kobold themed party.
I am not sure if a mixed race party would work?
They could phoretically play a Savage Race member I suppose.
For plots/goals I imagine they could choose (I run sandbox style worlds) to do things/quest such as find more guns/ammos for their small/growing clans? Get revenge on the other side for killing their clan mates? Find new "toyz" worth bring home (like a tank or military truck :smallbiggrin:)? Take over another tribe of their own kind? Or if they are feeling extremely ambitious (or just plain silly I guess...) take over an entire Human city? Perhaps even try to take the plains from the Savage Races, or exterminate them? Maybe figure out where they Dwarves and Elves went if they are play "smart" Goblins/Kobolds (OMSardior...Goblins and Kobolds Spelljammer game?! :smallbiggrin:)?
I am not really sure how to structure or set up this world. I mean, how do I define borders and who "owns" a city/territory/city block in such a game and with such races? Heck, I just now realized if I will be doing this on a city, world, or mere neighborhood block level. :smalleek: (boy this just got more complicated).
How would they deal with gas needs? Or ammo needs?
And so many more issues I am sure I am overlooking.

So, this is my current (P.E.A.C.H.) which I am VERY excited about. Can you folks tell me your honest (don't hold back folks :smallsmile:) opinions on this, and/or provide suggestions and even new ideas or alternate routs for all this? I imagine ti would be an immense undertaking for something like this.

Also, I am not sure if this should be a side campaign/game, since I fear a lot of players/people would not be happy playing something "fun" like this. :smallfrown:

Many Pikas in advance!

bosssmiley
2010-02-25, 07:31 AM
You've read up on Palladium's "After the Bomb", TSR's "Gamma World" and "Paranoia", right? They are required reading for post-apoc games. :smallwink:

Also relevant: Twilight 2000 ("World War 3 kicked off. You're stuck in Poland. What do you do?") and Cyberpunk 2020's Land of the Free (Mad Max + American Indians).

Megaduck
2010-02-25, 07:54 AM
You've read up on Palladium's "After the Bomb", TSR's "Gamma World" and "Paranoia", right? They are required reading for post-apoc games. :smallwink:

"Paranoia" is not post-apocalyptic, paranoia is set in a utopia, citizen. You are hereby ordered to read "Paranoia" so you can know the truth of the computers benevolence. Any other interpretation is a false rumor spread by commie-mutant-traitors.

slyfox99
2010-02-25, 10:25 AM
Well, I ran a campaign like this back in the 70s, using the original D&D rules (the three pamphlets) and that game i can't remember the name of that TSR did back then about the lost spaceship that was gigantic because it was moving a civilization across the galaxy but got lost.... (Anyone remember that game?)

Anyway, the game was basically D&D, usi9ng the scifi game for compatible gun rules and so forth and it took place in a United States some centuries after World War iII had destroyed civilization. basically, what would berelevant to your game is that guns would be easy to come by, ammunition was not. If you found a gun, you basically had what was left in the clip. There were also battery-powered laser rifles, and the batteries were equally dear. Also, being military, I understand that not all bullets fit every gun, so if you did find a cache of ammuntion, it might not be the right caliber for your piece.

Gasoline should be impossible to come by. You might want to give Artificers the ability to jury-rig engines to run on bio-fuels, especially since the stuff that would survive an apocalypse would probably be mostly diesel, such as big military trucks and tanks, and diesel engines are easily modified to run on biofuels. Any vehicle lighter than a tank or a bradley fighting vehicle would probably not survive the years, let alone the apocalypse, and the lack of maintenance would make most unusable anyway.

Fro a cool non-game book to read about a similar set-up to what you propose, read Fred Saberhagen's Empire of the East, a true fantasy classic.

Radar
2010-02-25, 03:24 PM
A few questions to consider (and a lot of incoherent rambling):

1. What is the magic & tech level of Goblins, Kobolds and all the Savage Races?

a) I assume from your post, that Orcs, Gnolls and the like are able to use leftover human weapons, but they are still unable to reproduce them, so after 85 years they should be very reluctant to use firearms or vehicles, since they have little ammo or fuel. Actually most of that stuff would be long wracked beyond repair, so they are mostly back to times before being mercenaries. Yet, they might have learned a thing or two from humans. If so, how much?
Sidenote: it would be just the right time for the history of human wars to be morphed into orc/gnoll/etc. legends of "times of many suns (big explosions) and singing skies (bullet hell)".

b) Goblins and Kobolds have formed somewhat stable, settled societies. Therefore they have more opportunities to develop technology and magic advanced enough to research human and elven artifacts. The question is: how well it went? It depends on their mental abilities as well as abaundance of leftovers and how much did they care. What is their attitude toward Humans, Elves, Dwarves and their creations? Do they study or despise them?

2. How well developed are Goblin and Kobold societies?

They grew rapidly for the last 85 years with probably little to no major threats. This is something new to them. After centuries upon centuries of being opressed, they rised to the top of the food-chain. Do they still fear the return of their opressors or do they boldly march into the future? How does communication and trade work now?
Before, their settlments were few and far between. They were also in constant danger of being raided. Now they can build big cities and more or less safely travel between them.

3. How was natural enviroment affected by human-made appocalypse? Golems on an aimless rampage, killer plants, owlbears, wild magic areas? There had to be a reason for Elves and Dwarves to leave just like that.

IMO this setting is far from a typical post-apocalypse, since Kobolds and Goblins were left mostly unscratched. With their rapid conquest of new terrains it has a more positive feel to me. An end for some is a beginning for others. It's more like "Breed to Come" by Andre Norton (if anyone heard of the book).

As for borders and such: there won't be any actually - after the vanishing of the dominant races, there is abaundance of terrain and it will remain so for a longer while. Fighting for every inch would be pointless, since there is more then enough space for everyone. Keeping control over strategical sites (valuable ruins, mineral veins, more or less well maintained factories or other places of great importance) is a whole other thing tough - whoever has the military power to keep others away, has claimed those sites.

I hope there is something helpful in my wall of text. :smallsmile:

Oh, and i truly hope, that somewhere away in endless plains, deep in the night an orc has a dream... of More Dakka (http://1d4chan.org/images/c/ce/Dakka.jpg). :smalltongue:

pffh
2010-02-25, 03:59 PM
A note on the valuable sites. In a situation like this the most valuable "mines" would be the old human trash dumbs. Since all the easily minable mines would have been long mined dry the best or even only way for the surviving races to get metals would be by digging up scrapyards, trash heaps and landfills.

Pika...
2010-02-25, 04:35 PM

Also relevant: Twilight 2000 ("World War 3 kicked off. You're stuck in Poland. What do you do?") and Cyberpunk 2020's Land of the Free (Mad Max + American Indians).

Will be popping open that Gamma World d20 book I have been wanting to read for a while. :smallbiggrin:

Well, I ran a campaign like this back in the 70s, using the original D&D rules (the three pamphlets) and that game i can't remember the name of that TSR did back then about the lost spaceship that was gigantic because it was moving a civilization across the galaxy but got lost.... (Anyone remember that game?)

Anyway, the game was basically D&D, usi9ng the scifi game for compatible gun rules and so forth and it took place in a United States some centuries after World War iII had destroyed civilization. basically, what would berelevant to your game is that guns would be easy to come by, ammunition was not. If you found a gun, you basically had what was left in the clip. There were also battery-powered laser rifles, and the batteries were equally dear. Also, being military, I understand that not all bullets fit every gun, so if you did find a cache of ammuntion, it might not be the right caliber for your piece.

Gasoline should be impossible to come by. You might want to give Artificers the ability to jury-rig engines to run on bio-fuels, especially since the stuff that would survive an apocalypse would probably be mostly diesel, such as big military trucks and tanks, and diesel engines are easily modified to run on biofuels. Any vehicle lighter than a tank or a bradley fighting vehicle would probably not survive the years, let alone the apocalypse, and the lack of maintenance would make most unusable anyway.

Fro a cool non-game book to read about a similar set-up to what you propose, read Fred Saberhagen's Empire of the East, a true fantasy classic.

Dude, this is a wealth of knowledge and resources. Thank you!

A few questions to consider (and a lot of incoherent rambling):

1. What is the magic & tech level of Goblins, Kobolds and all the Savage Races?

Well, Goblins are insanely hyperactive and semi-insane (OK, mostly downright insane is how I usually run them).

Kobolds unlike practically all the Savage Races (though they are often classified a Slave Race as well in my games) were able to forge minerals and even have culture and art (see Races of the Wild). They just seem extremely primitive and basic by the standards of the so-called civilized races.

a) I assume from your post, that Orcs, Gnolls and the like are able to use leftover human weapons, but they are still unable to reproduce them, so after 85 years they should be very reluctant to use firearms or vehicles, since they have little ammo or fuel. Actually most of that stuff would be long wracked beyond repair, so they are mostly back to times before being mercenaries. Yet, they might have learned a thing or two from humans. If so, how much?
Sidenote: it would be just the right time for the history of human wars to be morphed into orc/gnoll/etc. legends of "times of many suns (big explosions) and singing skies (bullet hell)".

Hmmmm....

What a wonderful point.

I imagine that the (somewhat) more clever, and definitely more desperate, Orcs, Gnolls, etc would probably be stockpiling them? Perhaps in case the Goblin or Kobold waves attempt to overflow the plains?

And I love the part about it starting to become folklore. That is awesome DMing/roleplaying!

However, I am disappointed. I was hoping it would be a somewhat more comedic style of game. Where using strategy could definitely be one way the PCs want to play it, but where they (and almost definitely the other side, especially the Goblins) fight more tongue-to-cheek battles where if a Goblin on one side of the block runs out of shots in his shotgun he does a reflex save to avoid stray fire (plenty from his own side) into an old rusting military transports, then a round later pops out with a bazooka and a huge smile on his face. But then again, could this be a serious game? O.o

b) Goblins and Kobolds have formed somewhat stable, settled societies. Therefore they have more opportunities to develop technology and magic advanced enough to research human and elven artifacts. The question is: how well it went? It depends on their mental abilities as well as abaundance of leftovers and how much did they care. What is their attitude toward Humans, Elves, Dwarves and their creations? Do they study or despise them?

Well, I originally figured Goblins would be as they always were. Crazy(ish), somewhat lacking in common sense, and paranoid as if they smoked pot all day (which is not uncommon for them). However, you bring up a great point. I can definitely make great use of the Tinker rules and Technological Devices class from the WoW d20 book for this for Goblins! Oh the (dead) Humanity...:smallbiggrin:

I have no clue concerning the Kobolds, though. :smallannoyed:
I mean, how can you improve on perfection?

In both cases I do not see why they would hate these fun little "boom sticks" that kill your enemies allllll the way over there, while you are still safe over here (cowardness is probably going to be a part of this campaign).

2. How well developed are Goblin and Kobold societies?

They grew rapidly for the last 85 years with probably little to no major threats. This is something new to them. After centuries upon centuries of being opressed, they rised to the top of the food-chain. Do they still fear the return of their opressors or do they boldly march into the future? How does communication and trade work now?
Before, their settlments were few and far between. They were also in constant danger of being raided. Now they can build big cities and more or less safely travel between them.

LoL....

Dude, these are Goblins and Kobolds. I would LOVE to have an imagination capable of grasping and following that potential path/timeline.

Any ideas and suggestions from the peanut gallery?

3. How was natural enviroment affected by human-made appocalypse? Golems on an aimless rampage, killer plants, owlbears, wild magic areas? There had to be a reason for Elves and Dwarves to leave just like that.

Ehhhhh....

You stomped me there. I completely overlooked that. Again, help please my fellow peanuts?

I was thinking the shear destruction and annoyance/potential danger from the Human armies rampaging across the planet would be enough for them to leave.

QUOTE=Radar;7962716]IMO this setting is far from a typical post-apocalypse, since Kobolds and Goblins were left mostly unscratched. With their rapid conquest of new terrains it has a more positive feel to me. An end for some is a beginning for others. It's more like "Breed to Come" by Andre Norton (if anyone heard of the book).[/QUOTE]

I guess you're right here.

I was looking for a more lighthearted/fun style game. At first few post made a more depressing feel to it. I guess I could blend both, though (sandbox games are sandbox games!).

And to be honest, come on, a world where Goblins and Kobolds won out? >.>

QUOTE=Radar;7962716]As for borders and such: there won't be any actually - after the vanishing of the dominant races, there is abaundance of terrain and it will remain so for a longer while. Fighting for every inch would be pointless, since there is more then enough space for everyone. Keeping control over strategical sites (valuable ruins, mineral veins, more or less well maintained factories or other places of great importance) is a whole other thing tough - whoever has the military power to keep others away, has claimed those sites.

I hope there is something helpful in my wall of text. :smallsmile:

Oh, and i truly hope, that somewhere away in endless plains, deep in the night an orc has a dream... of More Dakka (http://1d4chan.org/images/c/ce/Dakka.jpg). :smalltongue:[/QUOTE]

Dude, you were awesome!!!

TabletopNuke
2010-02-25, 06:05 PM
1,000,000 POINTS RIGHT OFF THE BAT FOR GOBLIN/KOBOLD THEMED SETTING!!

(Why yes, I was mocked by my party for making a kobold PC. Then I wound up with the best AC of the group. WHO'S LAUGHING NOW?!)

Now that we have that out of the way, I LOVE the idea of DnD's biggest underdogs rising to the top. I must warn you that I have no experience whatsoever with d20 modern, so I can only provide flavor advice.

Races of Dragon states that kobolds are master trapmakers and competent alchemists. This would naturally translate to a technologically advanced society in a modern setting. With the ability to wander surface in (relative) safety now that most of the "tall ones" are out of the way, they should be able to advance even faster. Kobolds are also one of the only races who can match, if not even outpace, the goblins' crazy reproductive rate. Kobolds tend to be more organized than goblins, and have better living conditions, in the standard setting, anyway. Seriously, goblins live in filth, kobolds tend to be fastidious groomers (can you tell that I have some kobold favoritism, yet?). Lastly, kobolds can live on 1/3 of the food it takes to sustain a goblin (provided the temperature stays above 70 F). This combination of factors makes me feel that kobolds should be ahead of the goblins in their war over territory/supplies, exception being colder regions, which are goblin-dominated.

In regards to goblin society, I get the feeling that they would descend from Neutral Evil to Chaotic Evil without the Lawful Evil hobgoblins to boss them around. Have you got any idea what their civilization is like ,yet?

While the two dominant species in your setting are small, and one of them has a reptilian metabolism, they both breed like rats, and eventually overpopulation is going to be a problem. This could eventually lead to an escalation in the war.

Perhaps most of the native monsters were wiped out by adventurers and mass extermination operations as civilization became more advanced. Think about actual human society. If it's big and might kill humans, you can bet it's been hunted to extinction for miles around cities. This means you won't have much in the way of wild, low-intelligence monsters like dire animals, owlbears, and bulettes. Of course, all the abandoned laboratories and toxic waste is sure to spawn a whole new generation of abominations!

What about outsiders? Have they decided to ditch the Material Plane, since the humans screwed it up so bad? Did Hell and the Abyss get nuked? (Forgive any mistakes. Like I said, I've never played D20 Modern.)

Depressing settings and comedic settings don't have to be mutually exclusive. Think of Warhammer 40K! Black humor would be a perfect tone for your setting! (did I skip over the name, or do you not have one yet?)

slyfox99
2010-02-25, 08:40 PM
Dude, you're welcome and I am happy to help. I love your setting, but I know next to nothing about 3.5 (too much number-crunching for me; it seems it would get in the way of the story=telling, but thats just my taste). In 4e, though, there are some lovely pollution-based monsters like the Nature's Wrath from Open Grave, and the Shambling Mounds and Vine Horrors are probably common, too...

Giant mobile plants is what I am saying her, of course...

slyfox99
2010-02-25, 09:32 PM
He, I just thought of a few more issues regarding vehicles in your post-apocalyptic world. Fuel is only 1/3 of the necessary fluids for running a vehicle. You also need lubricants and coolants (and if you continually put water in the radiator of a modern car instead of antifreeze, you will soon need a new engine, as the water will rust the tank and mix with engine sludge and invariably turn to mud). It seems to me that proper lubricants and coolants might be much harder to come by than fuel.

Also, humanity destroyed itself by nuclear war, if I recall correctly. Nuclear blasts produce electro-magnetic pulses that fry electronics, including a vehicle's computer. Juts a few more things to consider regarding vehicles...

Pika...
2010-02-27, 11:18 PM
Holy crud!!!

I just realized I have an entire Gretchin army (no Orks)...

These are just some of the models I either have or have converted from scratch.

Gretich:
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1020014&prodId=prod1130277

Older 2nd edition Gretchin:
http://www.kevinuk.co.uk/images/photos/warhammer/thumb/gretchin.jpg

Note: These have longer guns. Perhaps they could be sued for Goblins with rifles, assault rifles, etc while the newer ones can be used for pistol ones?

Plenty of Kannons and crew:
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1020018&prodId=prod1060185

A homemade Deathdread:
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1020018&prodId=prod630019a

A homemade Battlewagon:
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1020018&prodId=prod1730002

Tons of Dethkoptas which I am converting to have Gretchin riders:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3053/2930675438_2036a8ae96.jpg

Anyway, all these mechanical things for games workshop made me ralize that items can also be made out of the decaying Human items.

ps. Anyone have any ideas for how to convert the above Gamesworkshop items into D&D stats? That would be amazing!

Knaight
2010-02-27, 11:43 PM
"Paranoia" is not post-apocalyptic, paranoia is set in a utopia, citizen. You are hereby ordered to read "Paranoia" so you can know the truth of the computers benevolence. Any other interpretation is a false rumor spread by commie-mutant-traitors.

Oh great computer! Thank you for keeping our utopia in that apocalyptic world! Citizen bosssmiley is clearly a commie-mutant-traitor, and his position should be given to loyal citizen Knaight.

Pika...
2010-03-03, 10:01 PM
Thanks for the help so far. If anyone has anymore advice or experience please let me know. The game might be starting a LOT sooner than I expected. I did not even think people would want to play in such a game...

Here is the website I have been working on for the campaign:
http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/goblins-kobolds

If the third player who talked-the-talked joins us the level one party will initially consist of a run-away gladiator pits minotaur teenager (using the racial progression from Savage Species), a Tinkerer (from the WoW D20 book) Goblin who he grabbed and tied up as a snack on his way out, the Goblins promiscuous stripper cousin who was waiting in the back seat of the military jeep the minotaur took waiting for her next "client" (aka the Goblin PC), and a talking monitor lizard who was snuggled between the cushions of the jeep during the escape. :smalleek:

This is what I get for letting players get creative and letting them already be together when the game starts...

Oh great computer! Thank you for keeping our utopia in that apocalyptic world! Citizen bosssmiley is clearly a commie-mutant-traitor, and his position should be given to loyal citizen Knaight.

I need to figure out that reference... :/

TabletopNuke
2010-03-04, 12:45 AM
If the third player who talked-the-talked joins us the level one party will initially consist of a run-away gladiator pits minotaur teenager (using the racial progression from Savage Species), a Tinkerer (from the WoW D20 book) Goblin who he grabbed and tied up as a snack on his way out, the Goblins promiscuous stripper cousin who was waiting in the back seat of the military jeep the minotaur took waiting for her next "client" (aka the Goblin PC), and a talking monitor lizard who was snuggled between the cushions of the jeep during the escape. :smalleek:

This is what I get for letting players get creative and letting them already be together when the game starts...
AWESOME!!!!!!

Wait. The goblin stripper was hired by her own cousin? Oh, those crazy goblins.

Don't be scared of working with your eccentric players. I find that the crazy-go-nuts games where things really get out of hand can be the best games of all (certainly the most memorable). Besides, one of the best things about tabletop games is the amount of freedom you have. Why not be a goblin stripper or a sentient lizard? Odds are you're never going to be one in real life, or even in an MMO.

Pika...
2010-03-04, 01:47 AM
AWESOME!!!!!!

Wait. The goblin stripper was hired by her own cousin? Oh, those crazy goblins.

Don't be scared of working with your eccentric players. I find that the crazy-go-nuts games where things really get out of hand can be the best games of all (certainly the most memorable). Besides, one of the best things about tabletop games is the amount of freedom you have. Why not be a goblin stripper or a sentient lizard? Odds are you're never going to be one in real life, or even in an MMO.

LoL...

Thanks, and you have a point.

Then again, having a Goblins only class of Stripper in WoW would be hilarious. She is basically an NPC cohort/follower, though (I was rolling his starting gear randomly for fun, and he rolled a nat 1 out of a d100). You should take a look at the image of her I found for the site...

Anyway, I am not sure where to take this game for the first session. As far as I have gotten imagination wise there will be an initial chase scene where the PCs race and shoot-off against Goblins in other jeeps on booster seats as the minotaur PC tries to get away with his "captives" (aka meals). I am really gonna have to try to understand the D20 rules on vehicles and guns for this...

TabletopNuke
2010-03-04, 09:38 PM
You should take a look at the image of her I found for the site...

Got a link?

Anyway, I am not sure where to take this game for the first session. As far as I have gotten imagination wise there will be an initial chase scene where the PCs race and shoot-off against Goblins in other jeeps on booster seats as the minotaur PC tries to get away with his "captives" (aka meals). I am really gonna have to try to understand the D20 rules on vehicles and guns for this...

It sounds like your group isn't cut out for a "let's go save the world" type game. These guys going to be mercenaries or something? Perhaps they manage to escape the other goblins, only to wind up in the hands of something much worse. They could get captured by a mad scientist and wind up with a bunch of augmentations.

Pika...
2010-03-04, 11:09 PM
Got a link?

^ Up there, but here is a direct one to that specific NPC:
http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/goblins-kobolds/characters/cuz

It sounds like your group isn't cut out for a "let's go save the world" type game. These guys going to be mercenaries or something? Perhaps they manage to escape the other goblins, only to wind up in the hands of something much worse. They could get captured by a mad scientist and wind up with a bunch of augmentations.

You Ms. are evill...

The minotaur PC did say he wanted to "find something important to take home to his tribe", though.

Pika...
2010-03-05, 12:18 AM
Amazing how the campaign I expected no-one would ever want to play took off within a week, yet the ones I figured were "standard" took months to find players. I have a 4-5 many party, three of which will be meeting tomorrow for our first game. I have not even received the business cards I made to try to gather players...

InaVegt
2010-03-05, 05:39 AM
Amazing how the campaign I expected no-one would ever want to play took off within a week, yet the ones I figured were "standard" took months to find players. I have a 4-5 many party, three of which will be meeting tomorrow for our first game. I have not even received the business cards I made to try to gather players...

Repeat after me.

Standard stands for boring.

Pika...
2010-03-05, 11:04 AM
Repeat after me.

Amen to that. :/

Tyrael
2010-03-05, 02:10 PM
Dude, a Kobold Green Beret? AWESOME! Someone needs to run a campaign of this. NOW.

TabletopNuke
2010-03-05, 11:37 PM
^ Up there, but here is a direct one to that specific NPC: http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/goblins-kobolds/characters/cuz That was just as awesome as I imagined.

Sadly, my craziest DnD tales are not fit for this board. I can tell you I've humiliated one of my players by referring to his swordsage's god as his "sugar daddy". I forced an incapacitated bard to watch another PC get intimate with an NPC a rather unpleasant and possibly illegal fashion. Said bard died shortly there after, having lost all will to live.

You Ms. are evill... The minotaur PC did say he wanted to "find something important to take home to his tribe", though. Well I do pride myself on my skill as a sadist DM.

Does that minotaur have a particular object in mind to bring to his tribe? Or is he just seeking wealth and prestige to attract some fine bovine booty?

Pika...
2010-03-13, 10:21 PM
I just made a related thread about an adventure/BBEG for this campaign I could use some help with please:
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8073404#post8073404