PDA

View Full Version : PEACH homebrewed epic destiny

AustontheGreat1
2010-02-25, 11:22 AM
I wrote this for a character and I'd like to know how it is balance-wise.

Requirements: 21st level.

Level Benefit
21 Traveler
24 Endless
27 One With the Land
30 Trespasser

Traveler (Su): The world is the wanderer’s playground. He can travel to any of its corners in the blink of an eye. This ability functions like greater teleport and is usable at will. Additionally, a wanderer is not inhibited in his travels; he is not subject to penalties from inclement weather, intense climate conditions, or difficult terrain.

Endless (Su): An endless wanderer will wander the earth until all that can be found and discovered has been, and he has experienced all that this life has to offer. Each day on the hour of your death (assuming the wanderer has died in the previous day) the wanderer is restored to life (as true resurrection). He sets a place where he wants to be resurrected. (He must be standing in that place when you make the choice.) When he is resurrected, he can choose to be resurrected in the place he chose or in the place he died. He can choose a new location for your place of resurrection once per level.

One with the Land (Su): the endless wander is one with the land he wanders and its mood bends and shifts with his own. His enemies are its enemies. Wherever he walks he can control the weather as the spell control weather in a 2 mile radius around himself, and has a continuous aura of dominate animal is a 200ft. radius around himself. In addition, he may use the following spells as spell-like abilities once per day: Call Lightning Storm, Earthquake, Summon Nature’s Ally IX, and Storm of Vengeance. The saves for all abilities related to this feature are charisma based. (10 + 1/2 HD + Cha. Modifier.)

Trespasser (Ex): An endless wanderer cannot be denied his passion. If there is a secret he must learn it and he cannot be barred from it. An endless wanderer can move through solid objects as if he were incorporeal. This ability does not protect him against attacks or sources of damage; it only allows him to gain access to areas that are otherwise inaccessible. In addition once a day, a wanderer can attempt to penetrate a wall of force with a nothing but sheer force of will. The wanderer rolls a will save with a DC equal to the caster level of the wall of force and if he is successful, he moves through the wall uninhibited.

Chronologist
2010-02-25, 12:46 PM
Wow that's powerful. Greater Teleport at will? No. Just... no. Going where you want, whenever you want, is gamebreakingly strong.

Edge
2010-02-25, 12:55 PM
Wow that's powerful. Greater Teleport at will? No. Just... no. Going where you want, whenever you want, is gamebreakingly strong.

Depends on whether this is for 3.5 or 4e, really.
In 3.5, the wizard's been able to do for ages (well, albeit, not at-will, but they can use it when they need to thanks to scrolls and other items). Besides, spellcasters will have epic spellcasting at this point, which is far, far worse.

If 4e, then it probably is too powerful. Also seems to borrow heavily from that dark wanderer epic destiny in... one of the Power books, I think.

hamishspence
2010-02-25, 01:08 PM
Things like (Su), (Ex), the list of spells, etc all strongly suggest it is 3.5.

Dragon Magazine did some 3.5 Epic Destinies during its online 3.5 run- maybe this could be compared to those?

Djinn_in_Tonic
2010-02-25, 01:42 PM
I think, for the sake of balance, you should re-organize these:

21: Trespasser
24: Traveler
27: One with the Land
30: Endless

AustontheGreat1
2010-02-25, 11:25 PM
it is 3.5. and I do not believe that greater teleport at will is too powerful as many outsiders get that abilities.

I believe i will take your advice though Djinn