PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 problems

wojonatior
2010-02-25, 06:00 PM
Well My friend convinced me to switch over to windows 7 the other day (it didn't help that my xp boot died). And since I have installed it I have noticed many little hiccups. It generally comes a a short burst of white sound, mixed with any sound I may have playing. I have had it produce this a bit more often while playing flash games(such as when I was playing Bloons Tower Defense 4), And I have noticed it happen with varying degrees of severity when playing Left 4 Dead 2(most noticeably), and some other games. It can be anything from just what was stated above, to what was stated above, with a freeze in video and audio for 5-20 seconds, followed by a drop in framerate to about 10 for a minute or so. I thought it might be my video drivers so I found those and installed them, and they seemed to install fine. I have also dropped my video settings on L4D2 in hopes of better performance, but to no avail.

Thanks for any help in advance, and here are my Computer specs.

Motherboard:Asus M2M-MX SE PLUS
Processor:AMD Athlon 64 dual core 5000+ 2.60 ghz
Video Card:EVGA GeForce 9800 Gtx+
Ram:2-1Gb sticks

With a quick search I realized that my processor can run 64-Bit. I may be able to do a reinstall soon to fix it if that is the problem.