View Full Version : LGBTAI+ LGBTitp - Part Five

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Lix Lorn
2010-03-20, 08:20 AM
Snigger. XD

Anuan
2010-03-20, 08:31 AM
Ewwwww!

I swear to anyone you care for me to swear at that I totally never mean the numerous sexual references in my speech.

Also I would take it off to do that, sheesh.

Also I'll bet you're right handed :smallwink:

Lix Lorn
2010-03-20, 08:47 AM
I think right handed people still tend to use their left hand.
Not that i'd know.:smallwink::smallredface::smallamused:

Anuan
2010-03-20, 09:07 AM
Pfft. No.

Er, or so I've been told :smalltongue:

Graymayre
2010-03-20, 09:10 AM
I think right handed people still tend to use their left hand.
Not that i'd know.:smallwink::smallredface::smallamused:

Have you ever tried shining something without using your main hand?

Jacklu
2010-03-20, 11:21 AM
I only regret not being on earlier to catch that one before anyone else responded, Dogmantra. :smallbiggrin: :smallwink:

Dogmantra
2010-03-20, 11:44 AM
You all disgust me.
:smallwink:

Yora
2010-03-20, 11:53 AM
And how do you intend to get back to a serious topic now? :smalltongue:

golentan
2010-03-20, 12:38 PM
And how do you intend to get back to a serious topic now? :smalltongue:

They don't.

So... my friend with benefits evidently wants me to sleep with one of my male friends. Because it would be cute. I don't see why it would be cute to see him violently murder me for proposing it, but evidently it would. People confuse me so, very much.

Coidzor
2010-03-20, 03:16 PM
^: it's a trap. Or the person knows information that you don't.

Odds are, either way, it's still a trap.
Err... no, I have too much on my plate to run a GURPS LGBT campaign. But I like to think out loud.

And there's no reason you couldn't play a D&D campaign like that. Just say that sex switches is banned by the god of magic, who considers it an abomination. The goal of the campaign is to convince him (or her) otherwise. Good luck!

An actually sexless boccob with a pyramid with an eye on it for a head is always the best kind. Since not only does itlook down on mortals for being meatbags (other than warforged anyway), but it also can be utterly disgusted by any and all gender and sex as signs of impurity and imperfection.

Why are we discussing what hand someone uses for fun times?:smallconfused:

Asta Kask
2010-03-20, 03:38 PM
An actually sexless boccob with a pyramid with an eye on it for a head is always the best kind. Since not only does itlook down on mortals for being meatbags (other than warforged anyway), but it also can be utterly disgusted by any and all gender and sex as signs of impurity and imperfection.

I was thinking of a god whose daughter was transsexual. He imprisoned her in the underworld for trying to bypass the laws of the universe. A key adventure would be freeing her from the underworld to plead with her (his?) father. The campaign would end with one of the characters becoming the god... er... goddess... er... deity of transsexuality.

But I can't write this. This requires delicacy and respect, and it requires someone who knows what it's like. Like I said, transsexuality is a mystery to me. I don't mean that disrespectfully - I love mysteries - but I am not the person to write this. I'm available for PMing, though.

Why are we discussing what hand someone uses for fun times?:smallconfused:

Right. You people have no business which hand I lift the beer glass with!

Lix Lorn
2010-03-20, 03:54 PM
Well... Asta, you seem like you are GOOD at GMing. Maybe me or one of the others could assist you, co-DM or just be available for consulting? They'd probably have to not play, :smallfrown:, but i could live with it. Just.

I'm right handed, but If i were to do that-Possibly-I would use the left hand. Not that I ever *would*. ;P

Asta Kask
2010-03-20, 03:59 PM
Well... Asta, you seem like you are GOOD at GMing. Maybe me or one of the others could assist you, co-DM or just be available for consulting? They'd probably have to not play, :smallfrown:, but i could live with it. Just.

I'm great at ideas and starting up projects; I'm pretty bad at following through.

I'm right handed, but If i were to do that-Possibly-I would use the left hand. Not that I ever *would*. ;P

You don't drink beer? And you live in England? And you think being a T is the worst of your secrets? :smallbiggrin:

Edit: I started a thread over at SJG about defining transsexuality in GURPS. (http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=68057) Point of Order: I speak of it as possibly a Delusion - a Delusion in GURPS is believing something your society believes is false. So if you live in a society where you say "I'm a man" and people look at you and say "No. You have breasts, you are a female", that's what GURPS defines as a Delusion. Wanted to make that clear.

Yora
2010-03-20, 04:15 PM
It gets worse. I don't drink beer either and I'm in Germany.

Always surprises people that I havn't died from dehydration years ago.

Xzeno
2010-03-20, 04:17 PM
Wow, I always forget how fast things move around here. Just a few things from the last couple pages I wanted to mention.

Anyway, Welcome. Hope the sillier times have been entertaining rather than offputting. Sillier times? I assumed this was par for the course.

If you can't convince him of that, well, there's...plenty of attractive women who like effeminate men. Find him one. Very few heterosexual males don't feel 'manly' after doing the deed. This is far from the best course of action, but it's at least partially viable. But really, the best is just to be there for him, and to tell him that he doesn't need to be physically large to be a man, or to be manly. Casual sex does not solve problems, especially ones of this nature. If someone needs to have casual sex to feel manly, his time would be better spent actually dealing with these problems rather than hiding them with empty sex. I know you said that it was hardly the best option. I'm just saying that it isn't viable, not even partially. I suppose now is a good time to mention that I'm a bit Puritan in my views on love and loving. I hope this doesn't offend anyone.

^: it's a trap. Or the person knows information that you don't. This. The likelihood of a trap is pretty overwhelming. Even if it isn't, it probably isn't worth the risk.

Lix Lorn
2010-03-20, 04:23 PM
You know full well that's not what i mean. XD
...but yeah, i don't drink alcohol. (Shrug)

Edit: Well, maybe I should DM it. Lack of knowledge never stopped nobody.

Yora
2010-03-20, 04:34 PM
Tripple negatives always confuse me...

:smalltongue:

Lix Lorn
2010-03-20, 04:38 PM
That was only a double. I think.

Jacklu
2010-03-20, 08:58 PM
It wasn't not un-confusing to me.

Derjuin
2010-03-20, 09:44 PM
I didn't quite understand what it was before now, but I like your avatar Jackie =3

I've had a lot of trouble with feelings like "is this really who I am?" and questioning myself. I know I've had these transsexual feelings since I was little (about 5), or what I assume are transsexual feelings...but ever since they came back after middle school, they've also been accompanied by doubts. Lots and lots of doubts. And neither my older sister, nor my father, nor my friends really help.

My older sister has told me "Maybe you're gay, but I doubt you're trans. You're not mature enough to make a decision like that." :smallfurious: was my reaction, followed by :smallsigh:. My father says he understands, but he...doesn't. He doesn't understand that each day either feels neutral (Good things happen) or horrible (Feeling awkward all day), and just tells me not to worry, that one day everything will fall into place. My friends tolerate what I try to do to be myself, but it kinda stops there; sometimes I don't think they actually see me as what I want them to. :smallannoyed:

Long rant...blurgh.

CrimsonAngel
2010-03-20, 10:07 PM
No, Echidna, Mother of Monsters.

http://www.monstropedia.org/images/thumb/2/20/Echidna.jpg/200px-Echidna.jpg
http://worldsofimagination.com/Echidna.jpg

Yo momma! There's more of them!

Jacklu
2010-03-20, 10:20 PM
*hugs*

Thanks Derjuin. I grabbed it from MSPA. =P

I really wish I was able to provide more useful advice or insightful suggestion but... I have yet to come out to anyone, so I honestly don't have any to give. :smallfrown: Doubts though... Those I know. I seem to work myself endlessly in circles. "Am I really transgendered? Maybe I'm just confused or looking for attention. Is what I'm feeling somehow wrong? Do I deserve to call myself trans given how I look and act normally?" It never gets me anywhere and I always end up back at feeling awkward with how I am and wishing I had a different body. Not sure if it helps, but at the very least you are not alone, Derjuin. *hugs again*

Coidzor
2010-03-20, 10:22 PM
^: Trans isn't some kind of medal you have to strive in order to earn. You either are or you aren't, really. This idea of "deserving" to use a label or to feel the way that you feel is a very dangerous and counterproductive thing, in all of the cases it's been mentioned in the last 5 pages.

No one deserves anything. That's entirely the wrong way to conceptualize it. One simply IS or is not and thus IS something else. And there are many somethings that a One can BE.
My older sister has told me "Maybe you're gay, but I doubt you're trans. You're not mature enough to make a decision like that." :smallfurious: was my reaction, followed by :smallsigh:. My father says he understands, but he...doesn't. He doesn't understand that each day either feels neutral (Good things happen) or horrible (Feeling awkward all day), and just tells me not to worry, that one day everything will fall into place. My friends tolerate what I try to do to be myself, but it kinda stops there; sometimes I don't think they actually see me as what I want them to. :smallannoyed:

Long rant...blurgh.

Well, no. You generally have to be fairly well along in living as the other for people who've known you for awhile as the former to change the lens they view you through.

As far as I've ever known or heard, the person who wants to be viewed differently than how their physical appearance tells others, has to first modify their physicality to reflect the message they want sent, before they'll have others view them in that way. Sure, your friends can see you as trans, but they won't see you as X until their eyes no longer tell them Y.

Not a whole lot one can do about such things below the age of 18 as it is, from what I've run into and heard.

Yora
2010-03-21, 06:21 AM
You can start doing a lot with haircuts, clothing, and makeup. I'm no expert in any of these, but next to acting like a given gender, these things make the greatest difference on how other people percieve you. People who are really good at this can make people look like the opposite sex even without any hormonal or surgical treatment involved. But the later won't ever be really convincing without the right outfit to go with it.
You're family might not really understand it yet, but it sounds as if they are not actively opposed to the whole thing, so I'd think they won't try to stop you if you start experimenting with new outfits.

Asta Kask
2010-03-21, 03:55 PM
James "the Amazing" Randi (http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/swift-blog/914-how-to-say-it.html) comes out at 81.

Coidzor
2010-03-21, 03:59 PM
Hmm, I have to figure out who this guy is now.

Rationalism, eh? Sounds intriguing.

golentan
2010-03-21, 04:04 PM
Hmm, I have to figure out who this guy is now.

Rationalism, eh? Sounds intriguing.

He's a famous magician, the Amazing Randi. Offered a standing prize of a million dollars for any provable demonstration of the supernatural.

This is a bit surprising to me, but then again I've only seen him a couple times, mostly through youtube clips. Good for you, Randi!

Worira
2010-03-21, 04:20 PM
James "the Amazing" Randi (http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/swift-blog/914-how-to-say-it.html) comes out at 81.

Seems like it might be a tad academic at that point.

Asta Kask
2010-03-21, 04:28 PM
Seems like it might be a tad academic at that point.

Love never dies, even if certain parts don't work properly anymore... :smallsmile:

Yora
2010-03-21, 04:47 PM
And it's on principle! Never hurts to show solidarity.

golentan
2010-03-21, 04:50 PM
Love never dies, even if certain parts don't work properly anymore... :smallsmile:

The myth that those parts stop working after 50 is just that. A myth. STDs spread faster in the elderly community than anywhere else, so the next time you feel ageist just remember: Your grandma probably has a better sex life than you. After all, she's had a ton of decades to work on technique.

Lix Lorn
2010-03-21, 04:58 PM
They *Can* stop working. But not always.

Lorolar
2010-03-21, 05:01 PM
The myth that those parts stop working after 50 is just that. A myth. STDs spread faster in the elderly community than anywhere else, so the next time you feel ageist just remember: Your grandma probably has a better sex life than you. After all, she's had a ton of decades to work on technique.

And there goes my ability to sleep for a good long while. I hope you're happy :smalltongue:

golentan
2010-03-21, 05:30 PM
And there goes my ability to sleep for a good long while. I hope you're happy :smalltongue:

Ecstatic.

I also am fond of reminding people that I am almost certainly at least one of their ancestors, but that's another story. And one not at all board safe.

Lix Lorn
2010-03-21, 05:34 PM
I completely want to hear. I have a high squick save.

Yora
2010-03-21, 05:51 PM

In a good way or a bad way? :smallamused:

Lix Lorn
2010-03-21, 05:53 PM
Teehee. (pervythoughts)

Rauthiss
2010-03-21, 09:24 PM
I also am fond of reminding people that I am almost certainly at least one of their ancestors, but that's another story. And one not at all board safe.

Protip: Once you throw us the tidbit, we're going to want the whole thing. :3

Faulty
2010-03-21, 10:12 PM
My friend Rachel came over, and we both wore dresses so we could... be in dresses together. Anyway, we chatted and did a little bit of cuddling and she let me wear her heeled boots. I can apparently walk around OK in 3 inch heels. Wearing them actually felt pretty good.

Jacklu
2010-03-21, 10:14 PM
^_^ *cuddles*

Serpentine
2010-03-21, 10:19 PM
I'm enjoying that James Randi site.

Graymayre
2010-03-21, 10:28 PM
Randi? Wow, I had no idea.

Coidzor
2010-03-21, 10:41 PM
My friend Rachel came over, and we both wore dresses so we could... be in dresses together. Anyway, we chatted and did a little bit of cuddling and she let me wear her heeled boots. I can apparently walk around OK in 3 inch heels. Wearing them actually felt pretty good.

Sadly, this alone is proof that you have a diseased mind. Or just weird feet. Or you just have the pain and pleasure wires in your brain crossed. They're bloody torture devices! Torture Devices! *arms flailing wildly time*

In less silly reactions news, what variety of cuddling? Anything to get my mind off of Benjamin Franklin's in Praise of Older Women.

Jacklu
2010-03-21, 10:46 PM
The standard non-sexual type. Jackie is lacking of cuddles lately. <.< >.> Shoes are another thing I will never understand. I own one pair. ONE. I wear them for anything I need shoes for. But apparently I need fancy ones and casual ones and all kinds of other ones. .-.

Serpentine
2010-03-21, 10:47 PM
Actually, I don't mind high heels. It's just that they tend to start to hurt after a while :smallfrown: As I normally wear shoes expecting to wear them for long periods of time, I avoid buying them.

Coidzor
2010-03-21, 11:11 PM
^: Hence the bit about torture devices.
Shoes are another thing I will never understand. I own one pair. ONE. I wear them for anything I need shoes for. But apparently I need fancy ones and casual ones and all kinds of other ones. .-.

Well, it's all about plumage, you see. You have to have the right claws to go with what kind of bird you are. You won't see duck feet featuring on a raptor and you won't see vicious killing claws on an emu.

Jacklu
2010-03-21, 11:25 PM
But... By that logic, all people should own only one kind of shoe. .-. :smallconfused:

Derjuin
2010-03-21, 11:27 PM
Unless it's a vicious emu! :o

...which reminds me of a totally off-topic thing I remember from a while ago.

Some guy put up a bunch of home videos on a torrent-style website, but gave them really ridiculous/weird names to see how many people would download them; one of them was named "Emu taking a vicious dump".

And now back on topic, my friend wore this really awesome-looking long skirt today. It was really awesome, and now I want one...It had this cloud design on it, with a bright blue sky background and poofy clouds, and it was really long, like, down-to-your-ankles long.

Apologies for banteryness, it's kinda late and I'm tired but I wanted to say something before shoving off for dreamland :smallbiggrin:

golentan
2010-03-21, 11:49 PM
Protip: Once you throw us the tidbit, we're going to want the whole thing. :3

Oh, I know that. But you're not going to get it. That, my friend, is a story of debauchery, religion, politics, crime, and profanity that would take at least a thread of it's own to tell properly. And that would almost certainly result in my permabanning. And possibly Roland showing up on my doorstep with a sawn off shotgun. With the assistance of the FBI. And Interpol. Probably Interpol. I don't think there's a statute of limitations on warcrimes, and I think warcrimes laws are retroactive. Also, there's that whole kerfluffle over the Faberge...

I've lived a good live. Probably the best day of which was August 24th, A.D. 79.

Coidzor
2010-03-21, 11:51 PM
Poofy clouds are always nice, especially on a skirt like that. Dang, I'm feeling relaxed and mellow just thinking about it. *yawn* ...Also, strangely drowsy. as I literally just yawned while thinking about it.:smallconfused:

Jacky, now don't tell me you don't understand how humans are versatile creatures that can change their outward appearance. We're both shapeshifters and kill other animals in order to wear their skins. So we can choke a daw withal in the morning and be a penguin for dinner.

Delta
2010-03-22, 03:23 AM
Shoes are another thing I will never understand. I own one pair. ONE. I wear them for anything I need shoes for. But apparently I need fancy ones and casual ones and all kinds of other ones. .-.

I don't understand it, either, and neither does my girlfriend. Actually, she's the only person I know even less eager to go shopping for clothes or shoes than I am, and that's not an easy feat.

Serpentine
2010-03-22, 03:24 AM
And Interpol. Probably Interpol.What's that monotonal band got against you?

Coidzor
2010-03-22, 03:30 AM
^: They found out he's part Shoggoth, obviously, Serps. That's why they don't go to Portland. ...Or was it Seattle? I cannae'ver remember.

Delta: Well, some shoes are comfortable for hard trekking. Other shoes are made to support the arch better under hard stress such as in running for an extended period of time. Still others are adapted so that one can comfortably stay in a saddle more easily or keep one's feet dry and resist things dropped on them in a variety of environments.

Other shoes are considered aesthetically pleasing, and if aesthetics are an alien concept, well, that's above my payscale. Other shoes one has to wear or one will be punished for arbitrary reasons which tend to be along certain themes but also to vary.

Still other shoes exist merely to punish the wearer. Or fish if those shoes are also fish tanks.

Serpentine
2010-03-22, 03:39 AM
I generally only go shopping for shoes when I need to. I have one more pair of "pretty" shoes than I would otherwise, because my nogoodnik boyfriend didn't bring in a replacement pair when I had to take the pair I was wearing in for repairs, on a really hot day :smallannoyed:

Been having trouble with shoes lately, actually. Bought two pairs of custom shoes from a shop in the mountains (http://www.wallabytracks.com.au/): a pair of leather Roman sandals (http://www.wallabytracks.com.au/leather_footwear.htm#lace), and black lace-up boots (http://www.wallabytracks.com.au/suede_footwear.htm#tallboot). The former are slightly too small, and give me horrible blisters. I'll try to sell them, and if I try getting another pair I'll send the guy a trace of my foot so he can properly custom-make them (my feet tend to fall out the side of sandals :smallannoyed:). The latter, I decided not to pay the extra to make them stiff, and now it takes me 10 minutes to get each boot on as the tongue slips down and it drags my sock up and so on. I'll take them to a cobblers and see if they can put something on the tongue to stiffen it, see if that helps.

Lix Lorn
2010-03-22, 04:44 AM
I've never worn heels, so i wouldn't know. XD
Stupid law. Always getting in the way...

I want to sit on a cloud. ♥

Yora
2010-03-22, 05:13 AM
I've lived a good live. Probably the best day of which was August 24th, A.D. 79.
Should I be concerned that I know that date? I can't even remember my parents birthdays.

Coidzor
2010-03-22, 06:12 AM
Should I be concerned that I know that date? I can't even remember my parents birthdays.

Yes. You know what they say about people who are able to remember specific dates with crystal clarity.

Asta Kask
2010-03-22, 06:15 AM
Randi? Wow, I had no idea.

There was a troll on the Skeptics' Guide forums six months or so back who asked why Randi had never had kids and claimed that this proved that Randi was a soulless, life-hating person. Some people specualted that he might be gay, and the overwhelming consensus was "Stay out of Randi's bedroom until he invites you."

Faulty
2010-03-22, 07:14 AM
I think the reason I liked them so much may have been the general excitement of wearing "women's" shoes for the first time since I was like 4 and messing with my mom's wardrobe.

Anuan
2010-03-22, 07:28 AM
^: Hence the bit about torture devices.

Well, it's all about plumage, you see. You have to have the right claws to go with what kind of bird you are. You won't see duck feet featuring on a raptor and you won't see vicious killing claws on an emu.

...Are you kidding me?
http://sybilsden.com/imgbear/octpict/10rockyf.jpg

Yora
2010-03-22, 07:29 AM
Yes. You know what they say about people who are able to remember specific dates with crystal clarity.
No, I forgot about that.

Serpentine
2010-03-22, 07:32 AM
Wait, what? :smallconfused: I can't believe I missed that! :smalleek:

http://www.liveducks.com/diary/ranch/emu1.jpg

Yeeeaaaah...

Faulty
2010-03-22, 07:42 AM
Oh, and the cuddling was a step above friendly. :smalltongue:

Yora
2010-03-22, 09:09 AM

Now tell me!!!
Am I Pliny the elder, a genius, do I have big feet, am I incredibly charming?

Lix Lorn
2010-03-22, 10:46 AM
I'd love to know who i used to be, or who my ancestors were. Even if they were omnidal maniacs... 8D

golentan
2010-03-22, 11:50 AM
Anyway, moving on. My friend is upset because she can't find a girlfriend, being partially socially inept. And there are no more gay bars in the town, in spite of or perhaps because of the level of acceptance here. Anyone have words of wisdom? Dating sites have been suggested, as has just flirting with people until she gets lucky.

Xzeno
2010-03-22, 12:13 PM
Anyway, moving on. My friend is upset because she can't find a girlfriend, being partially socially inept. And there are no more gay bars in the town, in spite of or perhaps because of the level of acceptance here. Anyone have words of wisdom? Dating sites have been suggested, as has just flirting with people until she gets lucky.

Personally, I would recommend the flirting option, for 3 key reasons:

1. It might work.
2. I don't know how dating sites work, so I can't say anything about those.
3. The only cure I know of for social ineptitude is practice. Lots and lots of practice. While I personally consider social issues a bigger fish to fry than needing a girlfriend, she may as well fry two fish with one metaphor by flirting when she can. That's the best advice I can give.

On shoes, I need at least three pairs, even though I'm not a fan of shoes in general: Regular shoes, nice shoes and boots of some kind. I usually don't have three such pairs, as I'd rather die than shop.

Derjuin
2010-03-22, 12:15 PM
Just wondering, where in this world are you golentan? *not stalkin I swears it*

golentan
2010-03-22, 12:22 PM
Personally, I would recommend the flirting option, for 3 key reasons:

1. It might work.
2. I don't know how dating sites work, so I can't say anything about those.
3. The only cure I know of for social ineptitude is practice. Lots and lots of practice. While I personally consider social issues a bigger fish to fry than needing a girlfriend, she may as well fry two fish with one metaphor by flirting when she can. That's the best advice I can give.

On shoes, I need at least three pairs, even though I'm not a fan of shoes in general: Regular shoes, nice shoes and boots of some kind. I usually don't have three such pairs, as I'd rather die than shop.

That was my advice, but she wanted more opinions.

And I'm just south of San Francisco and San Jose.

Ilena
2010-03-22, 12:27 PM
Well for shoes ... i have my regular shoes that double as barn shoes, rubber boots for the barn, cowgirl boots for riding, hiking boots for well hiking ... then a good pair of shoes that ive no idea where they are at the moment (possibly they turned into my regular shoes)

arguskos
2010-03-22, 12:31 PM
Oh shoes. I wish men had more options for nice shoes. I do like shoes (same for fashion, actually). I personally have two categories of shoes: every-day and dress. My every-day collection is only three pairs: a pair of UGGs, a pair of sneakers, and a pair of awesome three-strap sandals. My dress collection is like 10 pairs of dress shoes. :smallamused: I never use them anymore though, and they probably don't fit (they're fairly old now), so oh well.

Derjuin
2010-03-22, 12:36 PM
I have a pair of rather bland brown slip-on shoes, a pair of dark blue crocs that I rarely wear, and some overly heavy boots that I usually wear for snow. Said boots also have steel toes, so they be mah kickin' boots too.

Xzeno
2010-03-22, 12:38 PM
That was my advice, but she wanted more opinions.

Now she has two such opinions. That's 100%, as far as I'm concerned.

Just to expand on my last post: Regardless of what she ends up doing about a girlfriend, she should make an effort to socialize more. The results are worth the effort.

Said boots also have steel toes, so they be mah kickin' boots too. Don't kick with your toes. It's less powerful and efficient, and is a fine way to get your toes broken. Even in steel toe boots.

Ilena
2010-03-22, 12:39 PM
Oh and i forgot about my really old slippers that still almost look like new, even though ive worn them quiet a bit, and a few other shoes i have .... i never realized i had so much footwear, (that does include the two other sets of cowgirl boots that i have that i dont wear anymore)

Derjuin
2010-03-22, 12:40 PM
Actually, I probably wouldn't be able to do a proper kick with them on - they're super heavy :smalltongue: usually if I am kicking something it's with the bottom/ball/heel/whichimacallit of my foot; I was just attempting to inject some humor into my post, which seemed far too dry for me. :smallwink:

Ziren
2010-03-22, 12:41 PM
My shoes include:

- Two pairs of German military boots, which I wear pretty much every day
- One pair of low shoes that I wear for weddings, funerals... anytime I also have to wear a suit (which I hate to :smallannoyed:)
- A pair brown shoes, which are the most comfortable shoes to wear outside ever

Also: Slippers and two sets of sports shoes

Asta Kask
2010-03-22, 01:07 PM
Ever heard of Todd Stiefel? (http://www.newsobserver.com/2010/03/18/394680/his-fortune-polishes-atheists.html)

Well, apparently he

Last week, he donated $20,000 to the American Civil Liberties Union of Mississippi so it could sponsor a high school prom after the Itawamba County School District canceled the dance rather than allow a lesbian to bring her girlfriend as a date.

Worth a cheer, yes? :smallbiggrin:

Lix Lorn
2010-03-22, 01:12 PM
CHEEER
I dunno how to flirt. For all i know, i'm just coming across as slutty/creepy. Never tried it in real life. XD

Delta
2010-03-22, 01:14 PM
Definitely worth a cheer :)

Ilena
2010-03-22, 01:16 PM
Ever heard of Todd Stiefel? (http://www.newsobserver.com/2010/03/18/394680/his-fortune-polishes-atheists.html)

Well, apparently he

Worth a cheer, yes? :smallbiggrin:

well apparently it didnt copy the quote, but oh well, aside from an immediate wtf why would they cancel just because of that? thats stupid and well a variety of other words that i could use that i probably shouldnt, but im really happy he did that,

Graymayre
2010-03-22, 01:18 PM
Let's see. I have my shoes, my other shoes, my other other shoes, my fourth pair of shoes, several formal shoes, and a couple boot pairs.

My everyday shoes are earthy in color. They all seem to fit in the chromatics of gray, green, black, and brown. However, several of them also have bits that are crimson in color (including one with a red seam & sole and one that is a plaid of red). I just kind of wing it and pick whichever one best fits the shirt and jeans I wear.

Asta Kask
2010-03-22, 01:18 PM
well apparently it didnt copy the quote, but oh well, aside from an immediate wtf why would they cancel just because of that? thats stupid and well a variety of other words that i could use that i probably shouldnt, but im really happy he did that,

Because it's okay to have two girls (they're 18, they're girls) dance because there's not enough boys present, but having them do it because they love each other!!! Why, next thing we'd have people running naked in the street and cats and dogs living together...

Ilena
2010-03-22, 01:20 PM
Because it's okay to have two girls (they're 18, they're girls) dance because there's not enough boys present, but having them do it because they love each other!!! Why, next thing we'd have people running naked in the street and cats and dogs living together...

I know, so horrible, why i remember a time when my dog bear (who was like a second mother to me) was sleeping with one of our kitties. Scandalous!

Lix Lorn
2010-03-22, 01:21 PM
Because they're bigots?
I flamed a yaoi-hating Kingdom Hearts fanfic earlier. It felt good.

'Your pain. It is like chocolate.'

Ilena
2010-03-22, 01:26 PM
'Your pain. It is like chocolate.'

Hehe, i like that :P its kinda cute actually, mind if i sig it?

Lix Lorn
2010-03-22, 01:29 PM
<3 I was hoping i was that awesome. Please do!

Ilena
2010-03-22, 01:35 PM
Hehe it reminded me of my best friend, its totally something she would say. :P

Lix Lorn
2010-03-22, 01:41 PM
XD
^_^
(is happeh)

Asta Kask
2010-03-22, 01:42 PM
Original Non-Lesbian Non-Prom thing (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100312/ap_on_re_us/us_lesbian_prom_date)

Xzeno
2010-03-22, 01:54 PM
Original Non-Lesbian Non-Prom thing (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100312/ap_on_re_us/us_lesbian_prom_date)

I can't say I approve of the crossdressing. To me, it reinforces the notion that one person in a homosexual relationship is the "man" and the other is the "woman". I don't question her right to wear what she wants, however.

Anyway, good to see that someone is willing to sponsor an alternate prom. Bad to see it was necessary in the first place.

Coidzor
2010-03-22, 01:56 PM
I've never worn heels, so i wouldn't know. XD
Stupid law. Always getting in the way...

I want to sit on a cloud. ♥

It's against the law to wear women's shoes in your area? :smallconfused: Something tells me you're a bit too perverted to be able to sit on the Flying Nimbus though. :/

Now tell me!!!
Am I Pliny the elder, a genius, do I have big feet, am I incredibly charming?

Nah, it's just that you types are the reason that elementary school and middle school history classes have traditionally been known for doing nothing other than making one remember a string of information and attaching it to a date.

Hehe it reminded me of my best friend, its totally something she would say. :P

Isn't it just one of those sayings around yaoi circles? It seems to always eventually come up around those who I know to be fans of it. As if they're referencing some kind of commonly known thing to them.

Asta Kask: Slippery Slope! (http://www.smbc-theater.com/?id=197)

Yora
2010-03-22, 01:57 PM
My shoes include:

- Two pairs of German military boots, which I wear pretty much every day
- One pair of low shoes that I wear for weddings, funerals... anytime I also have to wear a suit (which I hate to :smallannoyed:)
- A pair brown shoes, which are the most comfortable shoes to wear outside ever

Also: Slippers and two sets of sports shoes

Did you know that Stiefel means "boot"? :smallbiggrin:

I can't say I approve of the crossdressing. To me, it reinforces the notion that one person in a homosexual relationship is the "man" and the other is the "woman". I don't question her right to wear what she wants, however.
As I see it, most crossdressers aren't actually gay men. Yes it has the unfortunate side effect that people can use it to reinforce certain stereotypes. But we can't really deny those people to live their lives as they want, only to make it easier for us to live the lives that we want.

Ilena
2010-03-22, 01:58 PM
Isn't it just one of those sayings around yaoi circles? It seems to always eventually come up around those who I know to be fans of it. As if they're referencing some kind of commonly known thing to them.

Asta Kask: Slippery Slope! (http://www.smbc-theater.com/?id=197)

ive never even heard of it before you mentioned it now,

Coidzor
2010-03-22, 02:00 PM
ive never even heard of it before you mentioned it now,

Huh... Just... sounds so familiar. I could swear I've heard it before.

Or else my mind is fabricating false memories to support the feeling of familiarity it has. Minds'll do that, you know...

Yora
2010-03-22, 02:04 PM
The problem with Yaoi-Fangirls and Fanboys is not the gay part, but the fanboy part. :smallwink:

Seriously, all fanboys are universially hated by everyone else. If you're just fanboyish enough, you'll create lots of hate, no matter what's the actual topic.

Closak
2010-03-22, 02:11 PM
Personally i tend to get pretty ticked off when crazy fangirls keeps insisting on a non-canon pairing being canon even when word of god itself is against them.

Seriously, since when are creatures made out of pure evil and negative emotions cabable of any form of compassion?

The in-character response for that character would be to gut the girl where she stands, hang her corpse up in a tree by her entrails and then laugh about it before dragging her parents there and forcing them to watch the corpse dangle, all the while laughing at them as if the whole thing was a sick joke.

I mean hello, fundamental aspect of the character, alter that and it's not the same character anymore.

The only way a ship like that would be plausible would be if the character in question was bound and gagged and utterly incapable of any form of action.
Because if he could he would slaughter the other person for lulz

Coidzor
2010-03-22, 02:12 PM
The problem with Yaoi-Fangirls and Fanboys is not the gay part, but the fanboy part. :smallwink:

Seriously, all fanboys are universially hated by everyone else. If you're just fanboyish enough, you'll create lots of hate, no matter what's the actual topic.

True. The rape part doesn't hurt though. ...There's nothing quite for a "wtf, mate?" moment like hearing two girls gushing about a scene from a story and then finding out it was a rape scene. And simply because you're a geek as well they assume that you're not going to react with incredulity as to why they were discussing that loudly and in public and as a side conversation within a mixed group that was going to attract the attention of non-yaoi fans.

Weird life experiences are weird.

Though I guess I do seem to have a worse reaction to rape in fiction than my peers seem to, so that might be part of this values dissonance.

Xzeno
2010-03-22, 02:12 PM
As I see it, most crossdressers aren't actually gay men. Yes it has the unfortunate side effect that people can use it to reinforce certain stereotypes. But we can't really deny those people to live their lives as they want, only to make it easier for us to live the lives that we want.

As said, I do not question anyone's right to crossdress. I just think it's in poor taste. Specifically, I consider most forms of crossdressing a dress code violation at a formal dance, and I disapprove of dress code violations.

Ilena
2010-03-22, 02:13 PM
Huh... Just... sounds so familiar. I could swear I've heard it before.

Or else my mind is fabricating false memories to support the feeling of familiarity it has. Minds'll do that, you know...

oh totally possible, im sure my mind has done that, i spoke to a guy who i swear up and down ive met him before, yet hes never been on this side of canada and ive not be on that side, still funny though. On a side note, apparently i remind him of a girl he knows locally which i find halarious too :P

golentan
2010-03-22, 02:16 PM

I love fanboys. All I have to do is dress up enough like their favorite character and they don't care WHAT I've got downstairs. Plus they tend to be shy and considerate.

Out of Curiosity: I use Fanboy and Fangirl as terms for different phenomena within a fandom, regardless of the gender of the fan. Am I the only one to do that?

Coidzor
2010-03-22, 02:17 PM
^: It'll be less common. There are a couple of behaviors which I've heard referred to as fangirling regardless of who's doing it, but mostly just to insult the fans' sexuality rather than an actual differentiation. Once or twice, maybe it was a real differentiation of behavior types.

Otherwise, well, it's all about who's squealing in their pants for X.
oh totally possible, im sure my mind has done that, i spoke to a guy who i swear up and down ive met him before, yet hes never been on this side of canada and ive not be on that side, still funny though. On a side note, apparently i remind him of a girl he knows locally which i find halarious too :P

I love finding people who remind me of others. My ex-fiance used to encounter that a lot and that's generally how she first noticed someone to want to make friends with them for a good while, was if they reminded her of a previous friend.

Dogmantra
2010-03-22, 02:18 PM
Out of Curiosity: I use Fanboy and Fangirl as terms for different phenomena within a fandom, regardless of the gender of the fan. Am I the only one to do that?

I have fangirled over people in the You thread before and I get what you're saying.

Xzeno
2010-03-22, 02:23 PM
I'm never sure what to say, because fanboy/fangirl means something different than fan, but it has no gender neutral form. I usually just use the masculine when gender is unknown. What phenomena do you associate with each gender?

Yora
2010-03-22, 02:26 PM
As said, I do not question anyone's right to crossdress. I just think it's in poor taste. Specifically, I consider most forms of crossdressing a dress code violation at a formal dance, and I disapprove of dress code violations.
And if we can only agree on "live and let live", I will accept that. But I believe that acceptance is always better than just tollerance, which is why I wan't to explain this more:
As I see it, crossdressing is usually not just for fun or for irritating other people, but more often than not about people trying to get more comfortable with their bodies and appearance. As I see it, they could supress these urges and continue living uncomfortable, but we don't demand that of homosexuals or transsexuals, even if they also feel strange to us. If we want to be accepted by people who do not share our views, we have to offer the same to other people who are different from us. Which is why I believe it's important to accept crossdressing as a way of expressing ones true identity, just like any other way.

True. The rape part doesn't hurt though.
Oh yeah... That always freaks me out as well. :smalleek:
My guess is lots of the yaoi fangirls are about 14 or 16. And those kids getting off from rape fantasies and psychological abuse. There's something seriously wrong with them!

Derjuin
2010-03-22, 02:43 PM
:smalleek: I wasn't really following the fangirl/boy thing but after...yeah...I think I might be glad I didn't follow it :smalleek::smalleek:

Yora
2010-03-22, 02:48 PM
Yaoi-Fanfic is really just always the same story over and over and over, with just some names changed. Which includes the girly gay boy getting raped by his abusive ex-boyfriend and the manly gay boy getting run over by a car by one of the ex-boyfriends freinds, to end up in a hospital.

And more than half of the fangirls will have no hesitation to tell you that they prefer the stories with the most rape and abuse.

How could anyone not be freaked out by them? ^^

golentan
2010-03-22, 02:56 PM
I'm never sure what to say, because fanboy/fangirl means something different than fan, but it has no gender neutral form. I usually just use the masculine when gender is unknown. What phenomena do you associate with each gender?

I've always used Fangirl to designate the SQUEE! response. And Fanboy to designate other forms of obsession.

I own to having both tendencies. As an example on the subject of my favorite game system, Traveller: When wearing my fanboy hat, I will argue over the interpretation of a descriptive text on an Azhanti High Lightning Cruiser about whether or not they use artificial gravity when cruising or simply allow the acceleration to act on the crew and use inertiics to mitigate high acceleration (totally the latter, btw). As a fangirl, I have a massive crush on Emperor Strevon, and write slashfic of him and Duke Norris set after his escape from the assassination attempt that helped usher in the collapse of the imperium.

Yeah...

Derjuin
2010-03-22, 03:03 PM
the SQUEE! response.

SQUEE!
(http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?multiverseid=106473&type=card)

:smalltongue: Totally just poking fun ^_^

Xzeno
2010-03-22, 03:06 PM
And if we can only agree on "live and let live", I will accept that. But I believe that acceptance is always better than just tollerance, which is why I wan't to explain this more:
As I see it, crossdressing is usually not just for fun or for irritating other people, but more often than not about people trying to get more comfortable with their bodies and appearance. As I see it, they could supress these urges and continue living uncomfortable, but we don't demand that of homosexuals or transsexuals, even if they also feel strange to us. If we want to be accepted by people who do not share our views, we have to offer the same to other people who are different from us. Which is why I believe it's important to accept crossdressing as a way of expressing ones true identity, just like any other way.

Allow me to clarify: If someone came to a formal dance in jeans and a T-shirt, I would be mildly annoyed. It may be more comfortable than, say, a tux, but it is not considered formal dress. Similarly, crossdressing at a formal dance is not really what is expected for that particular occasion. Basically, I expect people to dress as the occasion demands, even if it sucks. That's all. However, if someone's want or need to dress in a certain manner transcends petty dress code, he should wear what he wants.

Edit:

I've always used Fangirl to designate the SQUEE! response. And Fanboy to designate other forms of obsession. Ah. I can see that. I guess that means I'm mostly a fanboy with maybe a few fangirl tenancies. Most fangirl tenancies of mine would have to do with the Metal Gear series.

Asta Kask
2010-03-22, 03:10 PM
Allow me to clarify: If someone came to a formal dance in jeans and a T-shirt, I would be mildly annoyed. It may be more comfortable than, say, a tux, but it is not considered formal dress. Similarly, crossdressing at a formal dance is not really what is expected for that particular occasion. Basically, I expect people to dress as the occasion demands, even if it sucks. That's all. However, if someone's want or need to dress in a certain manner transcends petty dress code, he should wear what he wants.

But is the dress code "girls in a dress and guys in a tux" or is the dress code "one in a dress and one in a tux"? You could argue for both.

Viera Champion
2010-03-22, 03:14 PM
I have this thing for my best friend. He's deaf, and we are always right nextto eachother when we're at school. I want to at least try to tell him that I'm bisexual, and judging by how he acts around me, he might be too. I don't know. But I'm just too scared to tell him.

Xzeno
2010-03-22, 03:16 PM
But is the dress code "girls in a dress and guys in a tux" or is the dress code "one in a dress and one in a tux"? You could argue for both.

Formal dress code, the way I was taught, has nothing to do with couples. So yes, girls in dresses and guys in suits.

Also, I'd like to mention: If I guy came to a dance in a dress, I would consider it far better than if he came in a T-shirt. One is (formal) crossdressing and one is plain inconsiderate. BOCTAOE.

I have this thing for my best friend. He's deaf, and we are always right nextto eachother when we're at school. I want to at least try to tell him that I'm bisexual, and judging by how he acts around me, he might be too. I don't know. But I'm just too scared to tell him. It should be easy to tell him. It's not like he'll hear you anyway. Er, sorry. That was in poor taste Seriously, though: Just tell him you're bi and see how things go from there. If he's your best mate, it won't ruin your friendship.

Viera Champion
2010-03-22, 03:46 PM
I guess I could, since this is my last year at this school, and there is only like three months left. But I don't know if he will tell anyone.

arguskos
2010-03-22, 03:48 PM
I guess I could, since this is my last year at this school, and there is only like three months left. But I don't know if he will tell anyone.
Ask him not to. He's your best friend, he'll probably respect your wishes. :smallwink:

Yora
2010-03-22, 03:50 PM
If you think he's a nice guy and he likes you (even if only as a friend), I'd think it's probably worth the risk. Of course, I don't know how bad it would be, if it gets known to others, but it doesn't sound like he'd want to put you into a difficult situation.

As usual with these things, best advice one can give is listen to your guts. If you feel that it will probably work out in one way or another, I'd give it a try.

Delta
2010-03-22, 03:58 PM
I want to at least try to tell him that I'm bisexual, and judging by how he acts around me, he might be too.

If that's true, I think you should be safe to tell him. I mean, if he acts in a way so you think he might be bi, even if he's not, I wouldn't expect him to be homophobic and freak out. I'd go for it.

Ilena
2010-03-22, 04:02 PM
Well its up to you, you know him better then any of us could, if you think he wont freak out about it then go ahead, try asking him what he thinks of subjects relating to gay and bi and whatnots and gauge his responses from there, if things seem ok go ahead, if he says things like, could never like a person who was gay or bi or whatever ... well you got your answer :P

Viera Champion
2010-03-22, 04:03 PM
It's actually funny, cuz I know barely any sign language at all.

Ilena
2010-03-22, 04:04 PM
You know that just means its a perfect time to learn more right? :P

Lix Lorn
2010-03-22, 05:08 PM
The law thing was referring to the interpol comments, Coidzor.

I'd like everyone to be referred to and treated as their desired gender. So FtMs would be expected to wear a tux. (Shrug)

The only time liking a rape fantasy is okay is when it's the 'victim' who wants it.

Also: Heehee. Squee. <3
Slivers! SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! I think i just had a fangasm. <4

Yora
2010-03-22, 05:15 PM
That one I find even more disturbing.

Jacklu
2010-03-22, 05:27 PM
As much fun as it would be to discuss the moral and social implications of rape fantasy, I feel that that kind of discussion is waaaaaay outside of the boards acceptable material limits.

Moving on: Something else entirely!

Nano
2010-03-22, 05:36 PM
Something else entirely: In a few days, if I can wrangle my mother into letting me stay home a day, there may be pictures of me in a dress, tights, heels, skirt, that sort of thing.

Ziren
2010-03-22, 05:38 PM
I never got what's so important about the whole prom thing, but that may be because there's no aquivalent to that in Germany.

*avoids all topics on the last two pages to which he can't or shouldn't respond*

Lix Lorn
2010-03-22, 06:41 PM
Oops. Sorry.
(I think it's credible cause i have them.) [/endsubject]

Oh, cool! Pictures are always good!
^_^

Nano
2010-03-22, 06:53 PM
OH. There are also cat ears. Fuzzy cat ears.

Lix Lorn
2010-03-22, 07:02 PM
DO want. ._.

Faulty
2010-03-22, 09:15 PM
Pics or you're a bad person.

Serpentine
2010-03-22, 10:07 PM
I disapprove of dress code violations.I disapprove of gender-specific dress codes :smalltongue:
If it's a "formal wear" occasion, why shouldn't a woman be able to go in "male" formal wear? I think that'd be pretty awesome subversion, to have a man in a ballgown and a woman in a tux... Or, for the really brave, swapping school uniforms on a normal school day!

Derjuin
2010-03-22, 10:09 PM
I disapprove of gender-specific dress codes :smalltongue:
If it's a "formal wear" occasion, why shouldn't a woman be able to go in "male" formal wear? I think that'd be pretty awesome subversion, to have a man in a ballgown and a woman in a tux... Or, for the really brave, swapping school uniforms on a normal school day!

I'd totally do this...if I had someone who would be willing to partner up for it. :smalltongue: ...hmm. I don't think it works as well for me actually... because if you're going off physical traits, I'd be wearing the gown/girls' uniform, which I'd love to do anyway, but this would be congruent with my own identity...if you base it off the identity, I'd be wearing the clothes I normally wear, with exception to the tux; I don't own one, nor have I ever wore one, and I don't think I would like to...I dunno. Now I'm all confuzzled-like. :smalleek:

Kneenibble
2010-03-22, 10:13 PM
I plan on attending my upcoming grad in drag.

The ceremony, I mean.

(Unless my Grandmother decides to come.)

Jacklu
2010-03-22, 10:14 PM
Take a deep breath, Derjuin. Clearly you must mix and match the two uniforms to create something even better. ^_^

Derjuin
2010-03-22, 10:24 PM
*deep breath* Hmm...let the creative neurons flow...hmmm....

*snaps fingers* I've got it...! *runs to secret planning spot giggling madly*

Thanks Jacklu!! <3 muchly ^_^

Jacklu
2010-03-22, 10:31 PM
^_^ Glad to help. I accept payment in the form of cuddles, huggles, snuggles, and Mastercard.

Derjuin
2010-03-22, 10:36 PM
Hmm...

*opens wallet*...I think I shall pay you in cuddles, huggles, and snuggles, though I may have to render your services again with a PM of Marginal Depression...

Jacklu
2010-03-22, 10:50 PM
Hugs For The Hug God! Cuddles For The Cuddle Throne!!!!

golentan
2010-03-23, 01:26 AM

Let's PLEASE not bring Slaanesh into this. It creeps me out.

Edit: I only went to one dance in drag, but it was nice. Except people kept assuming I was trans something, which I'm not. I'm not tied to my gender or sex, but I'm less comfortable with being pigeonholed into even more stereotypes that I then have to refute. I've already worked hard at refuting the ones I don't like for one, piling on a second just seems cruel.

Dogmantra
2010-03-23, 02:27 AM
Or, for the really brave, swapping school uniforms on a normal school day!

If any of the girls at my school were cool enough to do this I totally would, though perhaps more as a "screw you non-specific wording!" because I'd make sure that the rules didn't technically ban one sex from wearing the other sex's uniform, just assumed they would.

Quincunx
2010-03-23, 03:48 AM
I plan on attending my upcoming grad in drag.

The ceremony, I mean.

(Unless my Grandmother decides to come.)

Is she unaware that aforementioned red velvet dress is no longer in her possession? :smallcool:

Yora
2010-03-23, 04:07 AM
I never got what's so important about the whole prom thing, but that may be because there's no aquivalent to that in Germany.

*avoids all topics on the last two pages to which he can't or shouldn't respond*

What? You don't have Abifeier? Maybe not for Realschulen, but all public schools I know about have Abitur-Feiern.
But it's nowhere near the fuss americans seem to make about prom. I'd say it's mostly light fun in semi-formal dress, and I know a lot of schools (may be even most ones) where family is also invited.

Delta
2010-03-23, 04:14 AM
What? You don't have Abifeier? Maybe not for Realschulen, but all public schools I know about have Abitur-Feiern.
But it's nowhere near the fuss americans seem to make about prom. I'd say it's mostly light fun in semi-formal dress, and I know a lot of schools (may be even most ones) where family is also invited.

Exactly what we had. But I could never even imagine such an event being cancelled anywhere in Germany because of a student bringing a same-sex partner as a date (I don't know about you, but there were hardly any "prom dates" at all at my Abiball, anyway)

Coidzor
2010-03-23, 04:27 AM
Kneen: Good luck with that, though the being covered up by a graduation gown sort of defeats half of the point, I should think.
I disapprove of gender-specific dress codes :smalltongue:

Awesome? It's cliche and old hat, so... obvious and pedestrian. No, you've got to do something more elaborate than that to impress in this day and age. I mean, hell, doing a convincing transvestism rather than the standard caricature as art thing doesn't really add a whole lot of impressiveness to the scenario.

I'd totally do this...if I had someone who would be willing to partner up for it. :smalltongue: ...hmm. I don't think it works as well for me actually... because if you're going off physical traits, I'd be wearing the gown/girls' uniform, which I'd love to do anyway, but this would be congruent with my own identity...if you base it off the identity, I'd be wearing the clothes I normally wear, with exception to the tux; I don't own one, nor have I ever wore one, and I don't think I would like to...I dunno. Now I'm all confuzzled-like. :smalleek:

For these purposes it's all about outward appearances and what's being transmitted to the audience. Heck, playing it straight and just wearing formal wear is all about outward appearances and what's being transmitted to the audience. What one is on the inside is of no consequence unless one is going to internalize and take some kind of emotional damage from proceedings.

Jacky's idea is a good one though. Reminds me of a game of two truths and a lie, where I told such a huge lie that they had no choice but to believe it. The lie being that the reason half of my body was shorn was as part of a one-man show on gender identity. In reality I just didn't have anything better to do two weeks before hand.

Yora
2010-03-23, 04:40 AM
I always remember what my mother was told on her business trip to Chicago. One guy in her staff (yes, she has a staff :smallamused:) has a Master in Cultural Studies, so he organized the whole trip. And before they left he reminded them "Remember, we are going to a foreign country. We speak their language and watch their movies, but it's a completely different culture unlike any you may know from Europe." :smallbiggrin:

It's a reeaally strange country. With their state religion, drinking at 21 (it's 16 here), driving at 16, massive phobia of anything sexual, scare of socialism (which is frequently the major political party in France, Germany, UK, Sweden, Poland, and others), scare of social services, this unhealthy obsession with flags, and guns for everyone. Did I miss something?
Sorry, don't take it personally, dear americans. But you're a very strange and exotic country. :smallbiggrin:

Lix Lorn
2010-03-23, 04:47 AM
XD
I am suddenly struck with the desire to quote grounskeeper Willie. 'They're natural enemies. Like englishmen and scots. Or the french and scots. Or the Japanese and scots. Or scots and other scots. Damn scots... they ruined scotland!

...yeah.
XD

I need to actually get something done about my life. O_o How the hell do i just go 'Uh, hey, doctor, i'mma girl!'

Yora
2010-03-23, 04:57 AM
Good question. I'd guess the best start would be researching what psychologist in your area specialize in transgender issues. If you find one, make a call and make an appointment

The more complicated part is insurance. In many countries counseling for transgender issues is covered by health insurance, but that most probably isn't true everywhere.

Ilena
2010-03-23, 08:12 AM

sorry had to sig that :P is there anyway i can get more text into my sig?

Jacklu
2010-03-23, 10:10 AM
^_^

America is a silly, silly place to live. But I like it.

Lix Lorn is trans? .-. Well, it is means anything, I had you pegged as girl anyways. Derjuin and Faulty did the same thing to me. <.< >.>

Yora
2010-03-23, 10:17 AM
I'm always happy when people mistake me for a .... :smallbiggrin:

Ilena
2010-03-23, 10:43 AM
I'm always happy when people mistake me for a .... :smallbiggrin:

me too hehe :D

Asta Kask
2010-03-23, 10:44 AM
I need to actually get something done about my life. O_o How the hell do i just go 'Uh, hey, doctor, i'mma girl!'

Do you have a therapist? Silly question, about half the playground have therapists, why shouldn't you have one? Talk to your therapist.

If you do not have a therapist, consider getting one.

Nameless
2010-03-23, 10:46 AM
Do you have a therapist? Silly question, about half the playground have therapists, why shouldn't you have one? Talk to your therapist.

If you do not have a therapist, consider getting one.

I was seeing two therapists at one time. One of them gave up on me and sent me to another one.

Good times.

*lurker poof*

Derjuin
2010-03-23, 11:05 AM
I -had- a therapist at one time, but I ended up teaching him about me and transsexualism in general, rather than having discussions...:smallannoyed:

Ilena
2010-03-23, 11:09 AM
well thats always good :S

Lix Lorn
2010-03-23, 11:16 AM
And how do i get a therapist? :smallsmile::smallfrown::smallsmile:

Derjuin
2010-03-23, 11:17 AM
Plus, it became quite expensive to see him - I lost insurance coverage with my parents one spring because I was no longer a full-time student, but when I went back on it, I would have to pay the full price of each visit until I had spent $450, THEN the insurance would start paying for it. Each visit was $80 :smallfrown:

To Lixy:

You can ask a physician you normally see or consult a directory; if your physician practices in a group or collection of doctors, they might know someone you can talk to that is only a few steps away :smallsmile:

Asta Kask
2010-03-23, 11:21 AM
Even if a therapist isn't himself qualified to deal with transsexuality, he may have an easier time than you trying to find someone who is. They know people who know people.

Derjuin
2010-03-23, 11:22 AM
He did help me find one, unfortunately the closest we could find is still an hour and a half drive away...

And the family car decided to metamorphose into a gigantic hunk of useless metal and plastic, so it's very difficult for me to meet with the therapist :( I've tried calling, but it's hard to convey feelings and such only through voice, with no body language.

Lix Lorn
2010-03-23, 11:49 AM
(nods)
Guess I'll have to talk to my doctor then.

Ziren
2010-03-23, 12:18 PM

Of course we had an Abifeier. But that doesn't really compare to American proms (or rather, the image I have of American proms). There's no pressure to show up with a date and no enforced dresscode. In fact, I showed up in shirt and jeans that day and I had only a single person give me a negative comment about this.

I guess what I want to say is that an Abifeier, while being a special occasion, doesn't really have the "One of the ten most important events of your life"-vibe that Americans seem to get about their proms.

Jacklu
2010-03-23, 12:22 PM
I've never understood the obsession with prom either. Granted, I didn't have one. But it seems... overinflated.

Yora
2010-03-23, 12:24 PM
But I'd say people in Germany are generally more laid back about these things. We have de-ritualized most occasions and they have become more casual get togethers than ceremonies. There is no real expectation what has to be done and how it has to be done.

Lix Lorn
2010-03-23, 12:55 PM
I didn't much wanna go to mine. XD

albis
2010-03-23, 01:18 PM
The concept of "prom" has kinda never existed in Italy...

And I feel lucky about it. XD

Elentari
2010-03-23, 01:19 PM
I have this thing for my best friend. He's deaf, and we are always right nextto eachother when we're at school. I want to at least try to tell him that I'm bisexual, and judging by how he acts around me, he might be too. I don't know. But I'm just too scared to tell him.

Learning sign might be a good idea. That way, you don't have to be confined to trying to communicate with him through an interpreter or on paper. It'll be easier to talk to him that way. Good luck!

Yora
2010-03-23, 01:23 PM
And you can talk about naughty things in public and laugh about the fact, that nobody else has a clue. :smallbiggrin:

Ilena
2010-03-23, 01:31 PM
And you can talk about naughty things in public and laugh about the fact, that nobody else has a clue. :smallbiggrin:

well, the vast majority ;P

Lix Lorn
2010-03-23, 01:31 PM
I like insulting people in other languages.

Yora
2010-03-23, 01:33 PM
You notice it when someone sitting accros from you starts getting huge eyes or bursts out laughing. ^^

Languages are great. I'd say I mastered english years ago and am now learning Japanese (which is a surprisingly simple language, but compared to German, everything but Finish and Swahili is), and I have classes in communication in university. Maybe I'll start teching languages one day, seems like a lot of fun. :smallbiggrin:

Elentari
2010-03-23, 01:36 PM
well, the vast majority ;P
Well there is that. You do have to be careful, otherwise unintended parties may overhear (see?) your conversation...its happened to me :smallredface:

Coidzor
2010-03-23, 01:38 PM
Well, that's why you don't get too hostile with it for those occasions when those who can sign might be in the audience writ large.

Everyone likes it because it's just one of those power trips that's within easy access of anyone who feels the inclination to pick up some. :smalltongue:

Yora
2010-03-23, 01:46 PM
That's also why being a geek has it's moments. Specifically those when someone wants help with a computer or electronics. It all hangs on your whim if they can enjoy even the most basic comforts of their postmodern lives.

Kneenibble
2010-03-23, 04:10 PM
Is she unaware that aforementioned red velvet dress is no longer in her possession? :smallcool:
:smallbiggrin:
And if she sees that I look better in it than she ever did, I probably won't get a Christmas present from her ever again.

Quisquis tam loquatur stultocaput est. :smallannoyed:

Lix Lorn
2010-03-23, 05:36 PM
I don't know what that means. DXD Tu est un vash.

Kneenibble
2010-03-23, 05:54 PM
Non, madamoiselle, je suis un oiseau.

I insulted you, in an amiable sort of way. "Whoever would speak in that way is a stupid-head." (At amo te.)

Lix Lorn
2010-03-23, 05:56 PM
Oh. XD (Hugs)
Baka. :smalltongue:

Serpentine
2010-03-23, 09:44 PM
On "proms": Australia has two possible equivalents: The debutant ball, and he year 12 formal.
The former is ultra-ritualised and basically innately chauvinistic. Doesn't mean it's not fun or that people shouldn't do it, but it's presenting young women as being "marriagable". The women participating wear a white dress, the men wear a fancy black suit. I don't think you could get away with genderbending there, though I'd love to see someone try. There are male-female partnerships, but not so much in a "date" or "it should be girls dancing with guys" way, as... "the ritual dictates that guys line up here and girls line up here and they do their presentation and then the partners do their official dance" sorta thing.
The year 12 formal, anyone could go with anyone they want. Everyone gets a "table" they can arrange as they will - I had my ex boyfriend on mine :smalltongue: Also both my parents, which was a rare occurance. I believe it was officially "formal wear", but what that meant was pretty malleable, no sex-specific attire was specified, and considering some of the things people wore I'm almost surprised there wasn't at least one guy in drag (one guy in particular had incredible legs for stockings, as I found out on muckup day).
So yeah... Pretty alien a concept here, too. A dance being cancelled because of a girl-girl couple, I mean.

On sign language: I learned the alphabet during my wood-tech classes. Not very useful for conversation, though...

Xzeno
2010-03-23, 09:52 PM
Hey, speaking of different languages and how it's very rude to speak them in public and how you should never try to say anything you would not normally say in a different language because secrecy implies inappropriateness, I came across this sentence while reading Cicero the other day:

nonne te, si nostrae imagines viriles non commovebant, ne progenies quidem mea, Q. [Quintus - ed.] illa Claudia, aemulam domesticae laudis in gloria muliebri esse admonebat, non virgo illa Vestalis Claudia quae patrem complexatriumphantem ab inimico tribuno plebei de curru detrahi passa non est?

Let's play spot the homoerotic subtext! Or, for meta-points, spot the blatant hypocrisy!

Edit: Actually, this passage is pretty difficult to translate (or at least I thought it was) so I'll probably end up editing in my translation in a bit.

Edit again: On formal crossdressing: You know what? Serpentine's right. I see no reason for dress code to be gender-specific. I am still against casual dress at a formal affair. I would also look down on crossdressing for the simple pleasure of being controversial.

Serpentine
2010-03-23, 10:54 PM
If we're talking about gendered wear and the aesthetics of it (yeah, it's a stretch...), I just had a new thought on all the hijabs and headscarves I see around my uni: they're growing on me. I disagree with every single bit of ideology surrounding them, but as far as appearance goes, I kinda like 'em.

albis
2010-03-24, 01:35 AM
God how I hated Cicero. XD
His passages were the longest they gave us in high school as homework!

Nameless
2010-03-24, 05:04 AM
I've never understood the obsession with prom either. Granted, I didn't have one. But it seems... overinflated.

Eh, I've only ever had one "prom" during school and I never actually went to it.
To be honest, I'm glad I didn't... :smallsigh:

I dunno how close the movies are to real American school life, but if it is the same, I'm a little scared. o_o

Lioness
2010-03-24, 05:45 AM
We have a formal for year 12s, and we haven't really had a whole lot of LGBT issues. I think that if same-sex couples go, the more uncomfortable people just assume they're going as friends because they couldn't find an other-sex date, and it's all left at that.
We did have one last year though, when two males were nominated for 'best couple' award, and would have won, but for the principal stepping in and ruling it 'not appropriate'. Dunno why, but everyone was pretty annoyed.

Yora
2010-03-24, 06:11 AM
Hm. At our gradiation party that wouldn't have been possible. After all, it was all founded by students and the teachers were invited as guests.
They really hadn't to say much, except thanking us for the praise they got during the speeches we held. :smallbiggrin:

But I don't think that's very common. After all, our school was well known to attract both teachers and parents with strong leftist tendencies. Conservative values really hadn't much of a place there.
In fact, I heard many parents were more than a bit suprised that their children would even think of hosting such a formal and traditional event.

To my fellow germans: How would you explain "spießig" in english? :smallbiggrin:

Delta
2010-03-24, 06:29 AM
To my fellow germans: How would you explain "spießig" in english? :smallbiggrin:

I'd try "conservative" or "narrow-minded", though Wiki tells me the official equivalent for "Spießbürger" is "Philistine"

Asta Kask
2010-03-24, 07:04 AM
I dunno how close the movies are to real American school life, but if it is the same, I'm a little scared. o_o

Oh they only pour pig blood on the Queen on special occasions. Dirty Pillows!

Nano
2010-03-24, 11:44 AM
Argh! Phone! Do your job and send the damn pictures!

I've spent all morning dressing up and doing makeup and equipping cat ears and other such things, and I can't even show anybody. How laaame.

INCIDENTALLY, is it odd that I am more stable running in heels than walking in them?

Asta Kask
2010-03-24, 11:50 AM
INCIDENTALLY, is it odd that I am more stable running in heels than walking in them?

Nope, it's a feat in Macho Women With Guns. (And a perk in GURPS).

Faulty
2010-03-24, 12:32 PM
I bet you looked like a babe Nano. :smalltongue:

3" heels?

Asta Kask
2010-03-24, 12:35 PM
Also, chickens learn to run before they learn to walk. Are you a chicken?

Yora
2010-03-24, 12:52 PM
It's like riding a bike. The forward momentum keeps your body from falling to the sides or backwards, you just have to keep putting feet in front of you.

Nano
2010-03-24, 01:10 PM
Judging by my actions just now, yes, I must be a chicken. :smallconfused: Also, yeah, the forward momentum thing sounds right. Add to that I tend to run on the balls of my feet if I'm not sprinting (which I know is a bad habit, bad Nano.)

I was just very nearly outed because I had NO IDEA that my brother got home early on Wednesdays. I saw the car in the driveway and BOLTED. Hid in my room for thirty minutes before I was confident enough to sneak to the shower to get rid of the makeup...

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE: Pictures are sending! They'll be up in a minute and people will laugh at me. Heels aren't QUITE three inches, but two isn't bad!

Ilena
2010-03-24, 01:17 PM
Heheh well thats always good :P i am starting to beleive that there is now a robot rebellion or something because stuff at work is refusing to work, and 2 chat programs have died or are mostly dead that i go to at work ... could be why the pictures wouldnt load the first time :P

Nano
2010-03-24, 01:22 PM
Alllrighty, might be screenstretchers, I'm not sure. Can't see my face too well but that's not the important part right now!

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll218/Jack_Plexus/0324101210-00.jpg
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll218/Jack_Plexus/0324101132-00.jpg
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll218/Jack_Plexus/0324101123-00.jpg
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll218/Jack_Plexus/0324101113-00.jpg

It took a while for it to occur to me to turn on the lights, sorry.

Edit: Jeebus my face looks weird, IGNORE IT.

Ilena
2010-03-24, 01:29 PM
Wow, completely and absolutely cute.

Faulty
2010-03-24, 01:31 PM
You are so adorable. :smallredface:

Lykan
2010-03-24, 01:31 PM
Huzzah girlclothes! You look great! =D

*back to lurkdom*

The Rose Dragon
2010-03-24, 01:39 PM
I don't really understand the obsession with skirts. What's wrong with trousers? Or even sweatpants?

Everyone, in my humble opinion, should wear sweatpants. And t-shirts.

To hell with formal clothing!

Nano
2010-03-24, 01:46 PM
Thanks, guys. :smallredface:

I would have liked to have taken a few pictures with jeans but I hadn't the chance before my brother came home.

Lix Lorn
2010-03-24, 01:50 PM
You look nice. ^_^

arguskos
2010-03-24, 02:54 PM
I don't really understand the obsession with skirts. What's wrong with trousers? Or even sweatpants?

Everyone, in my humble opinion, should wear sweatpants. And t-shirts.

To hell with formal clothing!
Some formal clothing is actually nice to wear. I personally enjoy suits, though I can't really fit into any of mine anymore. :smallsigh:

Beelzebub1111
2010-03-24, 03:20 PM
Wow, nano. you are quite the adorable one.

CurlyKitGirl
2010-03-24, 03:22 PM
Alllrighty, might be screenstretchers, I'm not sure. Can't see my face too well but that's not the important part right now!

I always thought Nano was a girl. Anyway, you like very pretty in all of them, but best in the top one.

I think it has to do with the fact that the top isn't right up under your jawline (it shows how masculine it is), and that in the top one your hair is more 'natural' and swept back. Plus the cut and colour of the top - and the outfit in general - really suit you.
You could pass for a girl easily.
I hope that's a really good thing in this case.

Well, one issue down, one to go at the CurlyHome.
So, how do I tell my mum that I may be bisexual/a lesbian? Any tips?
Because I've given this a lot of thought, and I find myself marginally more attracted to females at this point in time even though I'm still attracted to males. It has nothing to do with my 'well, then try hanging out with some good-looking guys' etc. because I do. And yet at this point in time I still prefer girls.

The Rose Dragon
2010-03-24, 03:27 PM

Well, this may be too obvious, but did you try "Mom (with an o, not a u, because u's suck), I may or may not be into girls. Sort of."?

I've never heard of beating around the bush being more successful than a direct strike, really.

Then again, the multiple of anecdote is not data.

Thufir
2010-03-24, 03:44 PM
[Photos]

It does a bit, but the rest of you looks lovely. Though personally I prefer all the photos other than the top one.

Elentari
2010-03-24, 04:27 PM
Nano, I liked em all, particularly the top one. I think curly's right about the color of that top.

Derjuin
2010-03-24, 04:40 PM
The ears...they're...~adorable~! :smallbiggrin:

You look amazing in all of those Nano - I have to agree, the top one does look the best :smallsmile:! I really need to figure out how to take pictures with my phone so that I can put something up of myself...

The Rose Dragon
2010-03-24, 04:47 PM
By the way, I'd like to draw attention to Curly's question. I mean, I'm all for flattering people, but I think we have done enough of that already.

Nano
2010-03-24, 05:06 PM
Thanks a lot, guys, I really appreciate it. And I see what you mean about the top, the dress does accentuate my jawline a bit.

Curly, I really don't know what to tell you except that I wouldn't beat around the bush. I'd say you should kind of ask questions and try and feel out her opinions about the, but if I remember your last post right you're already clear on them. Is it even necessary to tell her? Depending on how severely you think she'll react, it might not be a good idea.

Jacklu
2010-03-24, 05:22 PM

Wow....

Nano is insanely cute. Like... super, amazingly, totally cute. ^_^

That said, I would have to agree that the top pic looks best. To me you look more relaxed in it. Also, your hair is very pretty. ^_^ I want mine to grow out like that eventually.

Serpentine
2010-03-24, 09:41 PM

Edit: Jeebus my face looks weird, IGNORE IT.KAWAIIII! :biggrin:

Sorry Curly, no advice v.v Well, aside from move out asap...

Raistlin1040
2010-03-24, 09:48 PM
Need some help, people.

I myself am a Genderqueer. Sometimes I feel like a boy, sometimes I feel like a girl, sometimes I'd rather be both, sometimes I feel like I'm neither, and such. I'm also bisexual. Being that in the past year, I've done a lot of thinking about gender roles and sexuality and that sort of thing, so I wanted to write my ScriptFrenzy play about an alternative sexuality artist. Originally, I wanted to write him as gay, but on thought, I recently decided it'd be more interesting and more challenging to write him as a MtF transexual.

I want to get some opinions from transexuals, of all varieties, about it. How does it feel? What is it like? What've been people's reactions? I've had some times where I've gone "Hm. Wish I had breasts/hips/feminine features", and such, but at the same time, I also like my body as it is. I don't know what it feels like to completely want to be rid of my body. I don't know what exactly to ask, but I just want to get some people's perspectives on it. Also, if you don't mind me using lines for Act Opening monologues, let me know, because some people in this thread put things so eloquently.

Coidzor
2010-03-24, 09:54 PM
Nano... I just wanted to congratulate you on introducing more excitement into my life. I never thought I could be scared by someone's eyebrows. I have no idea why either. :smallconfused:

Nano
2010-03-24, 10:23 PM
You know just how to make someone feel special, Coid.

Jacklu
2010-03-24, 10:28 PM
Very special. *glomps Nano*

RabbitHoleLost
2010-03-24, 10:31 PM
Nano is purdy.

Edit: Also. Your stocking. Where did you get them? *-*

Lykan
2010-03-24, 10:37 PM
Edit: Also. Your stocking. Where did you get them? *-*

We Love Colors (http://www.welovecolors.com/Default.aspx).

RabbitHoleLost
2010-03-24, 10:39 PM
Woahexpensive.

Kaelaroth
2010-03-25, 09:41 AM
Because I've given this a lot of thought, and I find myself marginally more attracted to females at this point in time even though I'm still attracted to males. It has nothing to do with my 'well, then try hanging out with some good-looking guys' etc. because I do. And yet at this point in time I still prefer girls.

Do you have to, yet? Without meaning to sound not in favour of being out and proud, and such, perhaps you ought to wait until you have somewhere you can definitely go if your mum doesn't react well, or 'til you feel more sure girls are your deal. Forgive me if I've missed earlier exposition, but are they clamouring for you to get married to a nice boy, or something?

SMEE
2010-03-25, 09:45 AM
I second Kael's advise.
You don't have to tell her yet.
Go, try, taste how it feels without worrying about your family for now.
Once you're sure, and have set foot on being financially stable, go and tell them.

Otherwise, if you try and discover that girls aren't for you, they'll never know of what you did and status quo is kept.

As far as I hate it, being in the shadow and leaving your loved ones unaware of it while you experiment yourself is the best option if you aren't sure they will be supportive.

Yora
2010-03-25, 10:04 AM

If you expect your family to take it rather well and there shouldn't be a huge drama, and you just want to share your feelings with someone, just catch her during a quiet moment and tell it completely straight out.
That's what I did.
Trying to lessen the blow or approach the issue slowly usually only makes everything seem much more dramatic, and doesn't help at all to make it easier for anyone involved.

Always depends a lot on the people involved, but in my case, we talked for about 20 minutes and that was it. Same thing when I talked about it with my father later.

Asta Kask
2010-03-25, 10:29 AM

It may help us if you gave us more information. Like, what's your mother like? What's her attitude towards lesbians and bisexuals?

Thufir
2010-03-25, 10:46 AM
It may help us if you gave us more information. Like, what's your mother like? What's her attitude towards lesbians and bisexuals?

Curly's previous post contains relevant information:

So, the CUrly one has a problem.

For the longest time (i.e. all eighteen-almost-but-not-quite-nineteen years of her life) I've been asexual, aromantic, whatever the word is, I've been expressly uninterested in any form of relationships. Personally. I'm fine with others doing it, so I'm not anti-anything. It's as if my hormones don't exist.
However, recently I've discovered I have hormones.
I've got a crush on my Best Friend, up to and including fantasising about kissing. At this point Best Friend is the only person I've had this kind of thing for (I don't really count my ogling and admiration of Freddie Mercury or Bowie) and it's freaking me out.
Not that I might be a homosexual. Not even the fact that I may or may not be bisexual - I'm exactly averse to either sex, I admire both of them equally.
Best Friend is, while not averse to homosexuality, not exactly a 'fan' of it. She's quite straight, and thinks homsexuals are slightly weird.
My dad hates homosexuals with a passion.
My mum is physically repulsed by male homosexuality (especially on the street) and is hardly supportive of female homosexuality. She only barely tolerates it because she hardly sees how the mechanics work. In her (hghly censored) words "The men have [things] they can shove up [places]".

So I'm basically an asexual/extremely late developer who is screwed up quite royally.
I think I may be bisexual - at the moment I definitely prefer women, so I may be a lesbian; my parents (and Littlest Brother) hate homosexuality; I have no idea what is happening to me, why or what to do about it - seriously, sex education and other related things at school was awful - and if something goes wrong I've lost my Best Friend of many years.
Really, as far as my parents - screw it, my entire family's 'taboos' go, I may have broken all of them apart from one. "No Blacks/Pakis/interracial" - although admittedly as far as mum goes she doesn't really care.

Apologies for the idiocy of the family and quoting that 'rule'.

So, attitudes potentially problematic.

Asta Kask
2010-03-25, 10:47 AM
Curly's previous post contains relevant information:

So, attitudes potentially problematic.

Ahhh. I support the "don't do anything unless you have to" proposals. Let sleeping bears lie.

Nameless
2010-03-25, 11:35 AM
Nano is pretty.

Yora
2010-03-25, 12:51 PM
Curly's previous post contains relevant information.

You expect us to remember things that have been more than a week ago? :smallbiggrin:

Delta
2010-03-25, 12:57 PM
Nano is pretty.

This.

And, concerning Curly, I'd also agree with "don't tell her if it's not necessary", if you don't really want to do it, and it's not like you'd have a girlfriend you have to hide from her, I wouldn't tell her anything.

Jacklu
2010-03-25, 12:58 PM
So much is expected of us sometimes. Remembering things... .... I forget the rest.

Ilena
2010-03-25, 01:15 PM
Hell i cant remember what i did 2 hours ago, how are you expecting me to remember something a week ago! Shame on thee :P

Yora
2010-03-25, 01:18 PM
Why are you talking about memory? This isn't really an LGBT topic.

Asta Kask
2010-03-25, 02:20 PM
I have a perfect memory. I can't remember anything I've forgotten.

Jacklu
2010-03-25, 03:13 PM
Memory... LGBT... They rhyme?

Lix Lorn
2010-03-25, 03:48 PM
Urge... to use Cats for source of pun.... rising...
:smalleek:

Lyesmith
2010-03-25, 04:01 PM
Urge... to use Cats for source of pun.... rising...
:smalleek:

Cats!?

WHAT YOU SAY!!

Jacklu
2010-03-25, 04:09 PM
=3 I like this. =^.^= Nyah.

CrimsonAngel
2010-03-25, 04:16 PM
I'm telling more and more people, and I told that first guy that I have a crush on him.

Lix Lorn
2010-03-25, 04:36 PM
Congratulations!

CrimsonAngel
2010-03-25, 04:37 PM
He responded with Um... That's odd.

Raistlin1040
2010-03-25, 04:49 PM
Need some help, people.

I myself am a Genderqueer. Sometimes I feel like a boy, sometimes I feel like a girl, sometimes I'd rather be both, sometimes I feel like I'm neither, and such. I'm also bisexual. Being that in the past year, I've done a lot of thinking about gender roles and sexuality and that sort of thing, so I wanted to write my ScriptFrenzy play about an alternative sexuality artist. Originally, I wanted to write him as gay, but on thought, I recently decided it'd be more interesting and more challenging to write him as a MtF transexual.

I want to get some opinions from transexuals, of all varieties, about it. How does it feel? What is it like? What've been people's reactions? I've had some times where I've gone "Hm. Wish I had breasts/hips/feminine features", and such, but at the same time, I also like my body as it is. I don't know what it feels like to completely want to be rid of my body. I don't know what exactly to ask, but I just want to get some people's perspectives on it. Also, if you don't mind me using lines for Act Opening monologues, let me know, because some people in this thread put things so eloquently.
A repost, just in case.

SMEE
2010-03-25, 04:59 PM
I'll get to it soon, Rast, probably tonight, I promise you.

Yora
2010-03-25, 05:29 PM
Well, I talked to my dad just two weeks ago, and it went all fine. But I knew my parents would be cool about that, and they raised me not to worry about these things, so that made it pretty easy.
Still it took me 3 years to bring the sunject up. :smallwink:
When I told some of my best friends for the first time, they all took it very well. Never caused any problems between us.
And now most of my friends at university are clearly getting the hints, and it hasn't become a problem either.

So far, I never got any negative reaction to either my sexuality or gender. But as I still don't show it very much visibly, I can chose whom I want to share things with.

Derjuin
2010-03-25, 09:31 PM
Hmm. After listening to them a bit...

Abba is incredibly catchy to me. It's not something I'd listen to over and over and over, but I have found myself humming Dancing Queen to myself over and over. =p

Coidzor
2010-03-25, 11:08 PM
Hmm? What's this about Abba? There some subtext here of which I was unaware?

I have to admit, I've very much enjoyed what I have heard of them. I was amused when I looked up a bit of info on them and found that they were one of the highest grossing things of their home country's GNP for a couple of years there. At least, I'm fairly sure that was Abba I'm recollecting.

Due to ruminating over Koorli's and the last two fairly young individuals (I believe 12 and 14) situation and Crimson Angel's mentioning of a book series in the RB thread, it came to mind to wonder whether any good series for teens/young adults as far as queer literature had yet arisen, or if the idea is proto-nascent at this point in time.

Serpentine
2010-03-25, 11:11 PM
Abba is known as a "gay band".

Tamora Pierce brushes on some queer topics, but that's not the focus of her books, so it probably doesn't count.

Yora
2010-03-26, 03:50 AM
Well, there are some mangas that are generally child friendly.

But more often than not it takes someone with internet access less than 30 seconds to find related material that is clearly not!
But then, this also goes for DBZ and Harry Potter, so I don't know if that's actually a problem. :smalltongue:

Delta
2010-03-26, 04:07 AM
But then, this also goes for DBZ and Harry Potter, so I don't know if that's actually a problem. :smalltongue:

Do I really have to mention Rule 34 on this? ;)

Coidzor
2010-03-26, 04:10 AM
I believe it had already been invoked, just not named explicitly.

Rule 34 is more something in the nature of the beast than in the content used as ...inspiration, anyway.

Lix Lorn
2010-03-26, 04:39 AM
Rule 34 inspired the best thing ever. Wetriffs.com.
(Not board friendly. No link. Look at your own risk, do not if you're not young enough etc. For the record, the guy at the bottom rules.)
HALP IS HERE

Ashen Lilies
2010-03-26, 10:53 AM
As an out-to-two-people bisexual fellow, I must say that there is something I loathe more than anything else. More, even, than the incredible insensitivity and unconscious homophobia of those 'not in the know.' This thing, this phenomenon which has so gripped me by the throat is of course none other than the dreaded 'knowing look.'
You know of what I speak.
Can a man (well, almost) not make lewd comments or flirt shamelessly with unsuspecting guys in peace, without being exposed to the raised eyebrows and amused half-smiles of their confidants? You never did it before... why must you start now? :smallsigh:[/silliness]

CrimsonAngel
2010-03-26, 12:20 PM
Kid Kris!!! Welcome!!! *runs to the kitchen*

Beelzebub1111
2010-03-26, 12:30 PM
Apparently my college just started an LGBT club/support group, Debating going or not. Seems like a good idea and they certainly are advertising well. A bright rainbow poster on every last bulletin board on the campus. Then again my paranoia might set in and be all "I've never known more than 3 other gay people in this college...and they're LWoCs. Something ain't right"

Coidzor
2010-03-26, 04:18 PM
Well, there's always that one bit about the woodwork.

If you're really that unsure about it, send an intermediary to check it out whose position is secure enough to not get iced by it going south immediately.

Some part of me doubts it's an elaborate ruse or death trap though.

LWoCs, eh? Not familiar with that one. I'm thinking Lesbians While on Campus?