PDA

View Full Version : A few Epic Warlock feats, plus a help request [3.5, PEACH]

Fortuna
2010-02-26, 03:10 AM
Improved Imbue Invocation [Epic]
Prerequisites: Imbue Invocation, Dark invocations, Spellcraft 24 ranks
Benefit: Select one metamagic with a spell slot adjustment of 3 or less. You may imbue your invocations with this metamagic a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Charisma modifier.
Special: You may select this feat multiple times. Each time it may either add to the number of times per day that you can use a given metamagic or select a new metamagic to apply.

Superb Imbue Invocation [Epic]
Prerequisites: Improved Imbue Invocation, Spellcraft 27 ranks
Benefit: Select one metamagic with a spell slot adjustment of 6 or less. You may apply this metamagic to your spells a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Charisma modifier.
Special: You may select this feat multiple times. Each time it may either add to the number of times per day that you can use a given metamagic or select a new metamagic to apply.

Incredible Imbue Invocation [Epic]
Prerequisites: Superb Imbue Invocation, Spellcraft 30 ranks
Benefit: Select any metamagic. You may apply this to your invocations a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Charisma modifier.

Based off mhvaughan's Warlock rewrite (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142707), obviously.

Now the help request. I need ideas for how to make a Epic Invoking feat work and make sense. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Drolyt
2010-02-27, 12:27 PM
Improved Imbue Invocation [Epic]
Prerequisites: Imbue Invocation, Dark invocations, Spellcraft 24 ranks
Benefit: Select one metamagic with a spell slot adjustment of 3 or less. You may imbue your invocations with this metamagic a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Charisma modifier.

Superb Imbue Invocation [Epic]
Prerequisites: Improved Imbue Invocation, Spellcraft 27 ranks
Benefit: Select one metamagic with a spell slot adjustment of 6 or less. You may apply this metamagic to your spells a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Charisma modifier.

Incredible Imbue Invocation [Epic]
Prerequisites: Superb Imbue Invocation, Spellcraft 30 ranks
Benefit: Select any metamagic. You may apply this to your invocations a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Charisma modifier.

Based off mhvaughan's Warlock rewrite (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142707), obviously.

Now the help request. I need ideas for how to make a Epic Invoking feat work and make sense. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

I'm not too familiar with this Warlock 2.0, but I looked at it and I looked here and I have to say your feats seem to work, although the only metamagic feat I can think of with more than 6 levels of increase is Intensify Spell. As for an Epic Invoking feat, I'll think about it.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2010-02-27, 04:54 PM
These look pretty decent, there being only one thing that I can comment on. The 3+Cha thing is a coverall for all your invocations, right? Or is that 3+Cha for each invocation? If it's the former, maybe upping the number of uses would be appropriate(not sure by how much), but also considering the number of rounds a fight might last and the number of these abilities you gain, I just can't be sure.

Drolyt
2010-02-27, 04:59 PM
These look pretty decent, there being only one thing that I can comment on. The 3+Cha thing is a coverall for all your invocations, right? Or is that 3+Cha for each invocation? If it's the former, maybe upping the number of uses would be appropriate(not sure by how much), but also considering the number of rounds a fight might last and the number of these abilities you gain, I just can't be sure.

I was also uncertain about the 3+Cha thing. The link you gave makes it seem like a coverall for all your invocations like Krimm says, if that's the case maybe these feats should either give additional uses per day or you should make another feat to do that?