PDA

View Full Version : One of the Living - Sunset Falls [IC] (AFMBE)



Pages : [1] 2

Xsesiv
2010-02-26, 06:45 PM
Welcome to the game.

At 6:00 p.m., mid-April, most of the younger students at Oakland have gone home, and night education is beginning. Businessmen, retirees and housewives are the main constitution of the students of the adult education programme. Two security guards sit in the Oakland University station. One of them diligently scans the CCTV footage on screens conneced to the camera feed, while another watches a small TV screen, jacked into a cable. He watches the final broadcast on the channel; a newsroom being overrun by mutilated corpses, and immediately calls the other over to see. Seconds later, the broadcast stops and the TV shows a "no signal" notice. As he quickly goes to change the channel, the electricity goes off. One guard doesn't panic at all; the other panics a great deal and goes to flees the premises, then spots Cranston Prison out of the door window. The pair's actions that night have a huge impact on the survival of about three dozen people.

@Mona:

You have almost finished the car repairs. All that was wrong was a few parts coming loose, but quite deep in the engine, so that you've nhad to take a lot of parts out to get to the problem. All that needs doing now is to put the parts back in and...suddenly, the lights all go off. A power cut, you assume.

A man in the opposite security station screams and rushes towards the door, then turns back and gets somebody. The two rush out. Moe Zweiger and Darryl Lamont. You know these clowns. An old correctional officer working to support an inadequate pension, and a zombie-movie-obsessed junior working his way through college. Lamont shouts in your general direction and moves off before he has finished speaking. "Quickly, come with us if you don't want to be killed! Grab what you can, but don't wait up. Don't argue, just come!" he roars, as they rush off in the direction of the main campus. Two of the other mechanics students exit the garage with their tool belts on, slinging their bags over their shoulders, and follow Lamont.

@Gareth:

Here you are, in the foyer of the university where you technically have no right to be, chatting to students who are leaving for the night, surreptitiously handing out flyers.

And the lights go out.

Students won't hang around for long after a power cut, you think, so after finishing convincing the one you are talking to at that moment to visit your bar, you turn to leave, and are promptly bumped into by a pair of security guards; you know them well enough, they have ejected you from the site a few times. But it seems that they don't notice who you are. Pursued by a janitor and a couple of mechanics students, they push past and rush across the foyer, scale the first flight of steps, with the cliché cry of "Come with us if you want to live!".

@Hugo:

"Do you want to die?"

"Not bad, but let's have more expression, lad. Again, with passion." Professor Saile looks down at his script.

The night course of acting wasn't exactly what you were expecting, but very little is. You are currently sitting at the back of the room, watching the professor trying to inject a sense of the dramatic into the most emotional scene in this play. Thomas Greenwoode, the type of fellow who wouldn't know good acting if it danced in front of him stark naked, kicked him up the backside, and then wept on cue, is droning his lines at the front of the class The fact that the lights popped a minute ago is not much help.

"Do you want to die!?"

At this the professor looks impressed. "Much better, lad."

"It wasn't me," says Greenwoode. "It was him." He points to a frothing security guard, followed by a dozen or so students and a janitor, who is running down the corridor shouting into every class; "Come with us, or you will die! Follow us to life! Grab what you can and get out!"

The professor and a number of the students immediately get out from behind their desks and follow the man, while the others stay where they are, laughing loudly.

@Joel:
Well, you had heard it was hard to get a medical degree. And never being particularly bright, you felt the sting more than most. And there is an exam tomorrow morning. And so here you are, in the evening, alone in the university library, trying read in the darkness that has existed since the lights went out a few minutes ago, desperately trying to remember the different types of muscle with their relevant form and structure, bone weight per cubic centimetre in a healthy adult, the effects of damage to a specific nerve and a million things besides. The library door bursts in, a security man screaming at you, closely followed by another guard. "You want to live, come with us," he says, indicating thirty-odd students, professors and janitors, then turning around to lead them off.

Xealot7
2010-02-26, 07:25 PM
Mona's first thought was that some crazed gunman had run into the campus, but wouldn't security approach them? Besides, she'd heard no gunshots. "$&!^, I better get my gun." Mona runs to car, toolbox still in hand, and opens her passenger door. She quickly grabs her pistol and drops it her pocket, she grabs the three magazines and puts them in her other pocket. She picks up the small toolbox she already had in her hands and takes off running as fast as possible to catch up with the group that ran past her.

Notice skill to see where people are running after grabbing the gear. I also have Situational Awareness and Fast Reaction, I figure those two things should help.

Notice 2 + Perception 3 +Situational Awareness 2 + Fast Reaction to have moved without standing around + [roll0] = 16 + Fast Reaction Notice Skill

littlebottom
2010-02-26, 07:29 PM
Gareth hears the cry, and wonders whats going on, he assumes that something has caused the power to go out or short circuit, possibly making the electricals dangerous, so gareth follows them assuming they are attemping to simply clear the area for safety purposes

"so erm, how come the powers out?" he calls after them, attempting to catch up.

Xsesiv
2010-02-26, 07:30 PM
@Mona: The people are following the security men who seem dead set on evacuating the buildings; they charge in and out of each one and more people are with them each time they come out of another building. "Stay together!" shouts Lamont.

@Gareth: "I'm guessing it's something to do with the zombies everywhere! You can see them on the TV. Or, I suppose you can't, as the power's out. But you could, I swear you could. Now, help me get people out!"

Xealot7
2010-02-26, 07:34 PM
(OOC: Assuming she was able to get her gun, and Mona's faster than average speed, Mona will try and get/stay at the front of the group of people and if she sees a vending machine (with a glass front, she will smash it open and grab several bars of candy/chips/etc quickly and through it in her bag.)

littlebottom
2010-02-26, 07:39 PM
"SH*T your serious arnt you? well were going to have to swing past my pub, theres supplies we can use there, its locked up tight at the moment so it should be alright." Gareth panics slightly at the chance of his livelyhood having been destroyed by rambling beings of the dead persuasion.

Xsesiv
2010-02-26, 07:39 PM
@Mona: Mona smashes her pistol hard into the front of a vending machine, to find that they are generally fronted with polycarbonate, which doesn't break, rather than glass, which does.

@Gareth: "If we have time. Right now, were concentrating on getting people out of the buildings. We've found somewhere defensible, and we're getting to it."

Xealot7
2010-02-26, 07:45 PM
"Damn, that sucks... guess I won't be eating any diner tonight." She says to herself as she catches back up to the group, making her way towards the front.

littlebottom
2010-02-26, 07:52 PM
defensible? defensible? what the hell is defensible against a zombie armageddon?! gareth thinks to himself.

Xealot7
2010-02-26, 08:02 PM
"Ok, now will someone please tell me what in the hell is going on here? Where the hell are we going?"

littlebottom
2010-02-26, 08:38 PM
Gareth grabs her shoulders and says "didnt you just hear? he said the zombie apocalypse has begun!"

Xealot7
2010-02-26, 08:42 PM
Mona rolls her eyes, "I'm being serious, what is going on!?" Mona mutters something about people making jokes at inappropriate times.

littlebottom
2010-02-26, 08:47 PM
Gareth shakes her slightly "you dont understand, if this cant be contained were doomed!" Gareth lets go of her and says "stay here if you dont believe me! all alone." Gareth turns to leave.

Xealot7
2010-02-26, 08:51 PM
Mona is a little taken aback by what the man says, he seemed sincere. "No chance of me sticking around to see what's going on, I'm going with you guys... but come one, zombies... really?" She says, as she runs, not yet out of breath.

Torco
2010-02-26, 08:58 PM
Joel's tired, and frustrated. Initially he figured there was a fire, or some other kind of problem. He got up, took his backpack, and mindlessly followed the security guards, trusting that they knew what they were doing, but secretly thanking the opportunity to give his study muscle a little bit of rest.

Joel's motorbike, a BMW G 650, his only prized possesion [and his only souvenir from his gangster day] is parked outside the building, and Joel can't remember if he already went for this year's oil change. He actually takes a while to realize that people are actually talking about zombies.

- Wait, wait, what? zombies? is that some kind of slang for something now?

He realizes his voice is just a part of a chorus of confused people asking basically the same, and that a bit of a panic is building up, and so he shuts up. He doesn't actually believe that there's any zombies around, and so is not particularly alert. [OOC- doesn't get a spot roll or anything]

(as soon as we exit the building, Joel unchains his bike, but drags it around instead of riding it... he's been asked many times not to damage nice floor tiling on campus. He does, however, turn the lights on, for the group to see where they are going)

OOCthat's probly gonna be a big mistake xD

Xealot7
2010-02-26, 09:11 PM
Mona looks to the large man pushing a dirtbike through the halls. "I'm not entirely sure what's going on either... Everyone keeps saying zombies, but I find that hard to believe."

littlebottom
2010-02-26, 09:14 PM
"oh ive been waiting for this day, but why today?! i always knew this would happen, and i was prepared too, but today, why today?!" Gareth mumbles slightly to himself imagining his pub over run by zombies and then imagines what it would of been like had he been there when it started. "ker-cha. BOOM!" this made him smile watching the disembodied heads of zombies fly about in his mind.

Xealot7
2010-02-26, 09:19 PM
"People actually thought this could happen, much less even wanted it too?!?" Mona was really quite shocked at how weird people could be.

littlebottom
2010-02-26, 09:29 PM
"oh, im a barkeep by trade, i own the local here, and of course you get all the drunks spouting off about this and the other, youve got to be prepared for everything... by the way, i dont believe ive introduced myself, Im Gareth, Gareth Edmondson, but ive got alot of nicknames, so feel free to make some up or call me what you want."

Xealot7
2010-02-26, 09:30 PM
"I'm Mona, it's a pleasure."

littlebottom
2010-02-26, 09:35 PM
"Pleasures all mine, purty lady" he winks, but he is only being kind... although you might not be able to tell.

Xealot7
2010-02-26, 09:38 PM
Mona ignores the cat call, she looks towards the guards, "So where are we going?"

Xsesiv
2010-02-26, 09:51 PM
The older guard who has been silent up until now speaks up, his voice ringing clear, letting everyone know this is a statement of fact and not an invitation;"We're going to clear the last building of people, then we'll go to the car park and then we're taking the biggest cars we can find up to Cranston Prison. Should be safe and secure. It's a prison, for God's sake."

Xealot7
2010-02-26, 09:57 PM
"Ok, that's fine with me... I'll volunteer my car... sure as HELL don't want to leave it here."

Torco
2010-02-27, 12:03 AM
The big man keeps an air of serenity about him, and doesn't even flinch when Gareth starts going on about how great it is that there's going to be zombies roaming the streets. He does, however, respond to politeness.

- I'm Joel, a pleasure. I feel like a camera crew's gonna come out of the bushes or something, but what the hell... I'm gonna check ahead for any undead we might encounter

The last phrase is uttered with a transparently ironic tone, and he even takes the trouble to make little quote marks with his hands. Joel's awake enough to drive now, so he hops on the bike, leans forward into it and rides around campus. Who knows, maybe he'll spot the camera crew and Ashton Kutcher hiding in some corner ready to yell 'you got punked'.

Spot Roll: [roll0]per +3, acute sight +2


Xealot, it's not a dirtbike, it's this, actually

http://www.bmw-motorrad.cl/lam/es/bikes/urban/g650xmo/media/vis_main_g650xmo.jpg


Joel rides ahead and drives around campus, goes to the parking lot, and gets to the street to check out if the rest of the city's got the electricity back before rejoining the guards.

Steckie
2010-02-27, 03:09 AM
Hugo

Hugo is shocked at how fast people listened to this security guard. He first thought it was part of the lesson, but the people running around and screaming just seem too real for them to be acting. After all he had seen them acting before and it wasn't this good. The people staying behind laughing just make this all a very disturbing scene. The safest bet would be to listen to the janitor and figure out what is going on, if it's a joke he'll laugh at it for a bit and just get back to his class.
So he does what the security guard says. He grabs some of the stuff they used for rehearsing their play. A wooden sword and shield and his backpack with a few late night snacks, his cell phone, carkeys and his wallet and runs as fast as he can to follow the janitor and the rest of the class.

"Professor Saile? PROFESSOR SAILE!? What is going on? Is this some sort of campus habit i'm not aware of?" He yells in the direction of Professor Saile, but she doesn't seem to listen.

He looks around, still following the security guard.
"Anybody?" He yells around, "What is going on? Is it a fire? Why isn't the fire alarm going off?"

Hugo than looks around for some button or lever that will set off the fire alarm. He saw the people in his class laughing and staying behind. So if this thing is real, he will want to get everybody to leave the building. If he sees somehting like that, he will immediately make the alarm go off and than continue to follow the security guard while asking people around him what is going on.


Ok, lets see if i can do this right.
Spot roll to see if Hugo can get the fire alarm to go off.
[roll0]
+4 perception, so that gives me an 11

Xealot7
2010-02-27, 12:10 PM
"There is no fire... apparently, and I am not saying I believe this, but apparently there are zombies over running the campus. If that's true, I'm not sure the fire alarm will help."

Xsesiv
2010-02-27, 02:39 PM
Hugo mashes the glass covering the fire alarm button...but nothing happens. The power went out a few minutes ago.

The guards finish clearing out of the last room and move back to the parking lot. "Right, whoever has the biggest cars of you lot, let people in, and we're off. Follow me!" calls the older security guard, jumping into his truck, followed by the other security guard and some other students, who clamber into the back. The biggest cars tend to belong to housewives with people-carriers and businessmen with SUVs, and people pile into the cars, but more than any other, people are clamouring to get into Mona's Dodge.

Xealot7
2010-02-27, 02:48 PM
Mona lets three people jump into the back of her car, and another in the front before she jumps in, slamming the door. She buckles the 5 point harness as she turns the key, the monstrous 426 Hemi rumbles to life. "Hold on, this could be a wild ride." Mona says with a sultry smile.

Edit: To give you and idea of the sound, listen to this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLkw8853ECA).

Of course minus the several starts.

Xsesiv
2010-02-27, 04:09 PM
Everybody leaps into cars and speeds off, following the guards off campus, through the suburban streets, then off again up a winding, well-maintained two-lane road through farmland, up a hill and through a forest to an old abandoned prison. The walls surrounding it are built of stone blocks, forty feet high, cornered by tall watchtowers, and impenetrable apart from a steel gate above which the name of the prison: "Cranston Prison", is written in rusted letters on a large metalwork arch and behind which is an inner pair of doors. The security guards pull up outside the gate and, taking a bolt cutter from one of the mechanics students, cuts off the chain and opens the gates, letting you drive in.

The buildings inside are squat and heavy-looking, gothic and foreboding. There is a large prison yard surrounded by a three-storey building with mesh-reinforced windows and the words "Reception, Administration and Infirmary" on a sign attached to it, three interconnected buildings with the letters A, B and C painted on them, a spacious physical plant building, and finally a moderately sized Victorian-styled house.

"Well, look around, I suppose. We'll wait for the authorities to sort this mess out." Zweiger goes off to look into the administration building.

Xealot7
2010-02-27, 04:16 PM
Mona pulls in behind the security guards vehicle, puts her Challenger in park and kills the engine. The deep rumble of the engine stops. She unfastens the 5 point harness, opens the door and jumps out, pushing her keys into her pocket. Taking a moment to look around and get her bearings, Mona takes in the sights. She'd always wondered what the prison looked like on the inside.

After a moment, she looked back down to the city and saw smoke and fires, she could here sirens way off in the distance.

"Looks like we might be here for a while." she says to no one in paticular.

"Maybe we should start gathering some supplies... just in case. Hey, you three want to come with me to the infirmary? See what we can rustle up?" she says to them men who introduced themselves and Joel and Gareth, and the one who pulled the fire alarm that didn't work.

Steckie
2010-02-27, 04:51 PM
Hugo

"My name is Hugo Ballaer." Hugo says to the woman that just asked him to help gather supplies.
"And i've heard that this building stopped being a prison somewhere in the sixties, so it is possible everything has already been looted.
But it's worth a shot.
If we're done with that we should make a list of all the people here. Find out how many we have, what they do......did for a living, see if they want to stay here and wait for the authoroties or get home to their families. Stuff like that. Or perhaps the security guard is doing that, seeing as he went straigth for the administration building.
Anyway, i'm ready to go searching."



Hugo looks at Mona. Than he sees her car.
"Nice ride."

Xealot7
2010-02-27, 05:10 PM
"Thanks," she says with a smile, looking back towards the Challenger, "That's my baby. It was a clunker when I got my hands on it... but look at her now." Looking back towards Hugo, "Again, I'm Mona. That's not a bad idea, if we are gonna be here a while we should find out what everyone can do. I"m a mechanic," she laughs and rolls her eyes, "as if you couldn't tell by this suit and the grease."

littlebottom
2010-02-27, 06:17 PM
"if you dont already know, i ran the pub just off campus, really popular with most students, but i used to study agriculture in the uni before i opened the pub, i brew my on brand from some of my own crops now and then you see."

Xsesiv
2010-02-27, 07:29 PM
The infirmary comprises about a third of the first floor of the admin building, which has stairwell doors of solid metal with heavy sliding bolts, and other interior doors have frosted glass letters still bearing tarnished gold lettering of their functions (locker room, armoury, Warden, reception, guards' changing room) or the names of their occupants. Unsurprisingly, the security guards have already forced the armoury door, only to find it empty, though the gun racks remain. Ominous creaks and groans rack the dilapidated old building.

The infirmary itself comprises two dingy, grey-walled examination rooms, a four-bed hospital ward and a private room for contagious or dangerous prisoners. One of the examination rooms has clearly been modified for lobotomy treatments; a dentist's chair fitted with head restraints has been bolted to the floor (the beds, also being bolted to the floor, are still in the wards, but there is no bedding). Other than this, the furniture and supplies have been removed entirely

littlebottom
2010-02-27, 07:36 PM
"do we have any medical students here? if so they should prepare this room and make it fit for medical purposes again, if at all possible"

Xealot7
2010-02-27, 07:39 PM
"What I'd give to have a couple of cold ones right now..." Looking around Mona shrugs. "About what I"d expect for a prison that's been abandoned for 40+ years."

littlebottom
2010-02-27, 07:45 PM
"from my understanding, it was a mental institute, not just a prison... infact, that chair almost definately proves that."

Xealot7
2010-02-27, 07:51 PM
"Well, if there really are zombies, and they are dangerous, maybe we should try and block them up, maybe re-lock the gates, set a perimeter... something."

littlebottom
2010-02-27, 07:53 PM
"wait? we DIDNT lock the gates?..." Gareth runs out the building towards the entrance, to make sure its locked back up in some shape or form.

Xsesiv
2010-02-27, 07:54 PM
It isn't. filler filler filler

littlebottom
2010-02-27, 07:55 PM
Gareth hurridly shuts the gate properly and calls out for some rope or something to atleast secure it shut for the time being.

Xealot7
2010-02-27, 08:05 PM
"Try and tie that chain we cut, back around it."

littlebottom
2010-02-27, 08:09 PM
half sized chains are not known for their tying ability "wont hold againt a gust of wind im afraid"

Xsesiv
2010-02-27, 08:09 PM
A businessman, complete with suit and briefcase, runs up, pulling off his tie. "There you are," he says, handing you the expensive-looking silk tie. "You can't tie a chain round it tightly enough. Best make myself useful, as I have nothing to contribute now..."

Xealot7
2010-02-27, 08:19 PM
"Thank you." she says to the man giving Gareth the tie, "That will do for now, but we are going to need something more than that."

littlebottom
2010-02-27, 08:22 PM
"well kind sir, would you stay by the gate, and alert us all if anything should be getting in? if the tie starts to fray for example."

Xsesiv
2010-02-27, 08:28 PM
"Well, alright then," says the man, putting his briefcase down, pulling a handgun from it, and then laying his suit jacket over it and sitting on it, facing the gates and stewing.

littlebottom
2010-02-27, 08:39 PM
"good, i suppose we should go check out this place some more, it would be great to find some keys to the cells, giving us make-shift rooms, for example." Gareth heads inside the nearest building that is as of yet unexplored

Xealot7
2010-02-27, 08:43 PM
Seeing other people armed, Mona feels a little better. She decides to go ahead and puller her firearm out of her pocket. "Anyone here have a flashlight? If so come with me."

Xsesiv
2010-02-27, 08:48 PM
@Gareth: The nearest building is the two-floor cell block marked B, which has a huge heavy door, but perfectly balanced so that it opens without effort. It is very cold in here, with a creepy feeling permeating the building. It has a sign hanging from the ceiling, reading: "Ground Floor - Death Row. First Floor - Criminally Insane. Basement - Solitary Confinement." Guard rooms stand at each end of the hall, and there is also a room at the far end of the hall, unlabelled but clearly not a cell. Each ground-floor cell has a metal bed, sink and toilet, but no bedding.

@Mona: Nobody has one, or if they do, they don't want to own up.

littlebottom
2010-02-27, 08:52 PM
Gareth heads to the unlabled room warily, expecting it to contain an electric chair, but curiosity got the better of him.

Xsesiv
2010-02-27, 08:55 PM
Indeed, it is an electrocution chamber. Actually, it is two rooms separated by a pane of glass, allowing observers to view the electrocution of the condemned. The chair proper is distinctive in its arm, leg, chest and neck restraints and the small metal cap. The heavy switch on the wall remains.

littlebottom
2010-02-27, 08:57 PM
"this room is off limits. i dont care what anyone says, and i know the powers out, but we dont know if that switch is on or not, and if the power comes back, thats too dangerous..." says gareth taking charge as it seems no one else currently is.

Xealot7
2010-02-27, 08:59 PM
"Well, then, we'll do this the hard way." Mona pulls out her cellphone and opens it, using it to illuminate a few feet in front of her. She has the cell phone in her off hand, the gun in her dominant hand. "Let's stick together." With that she follows Gareth.

littlebottom
2010-02-27, 09:08 PM
"right, lets head upstairs first." Gareth says as he makes his way towards the stairs, as he approaches the top, he will slow down and look around cautiously... you can never be too careful.

Xsesiv
2010-02-27, 09:12 PM
Duplicate post.

It's not hard to delete a duplicate post; hit edit, set the toggle to "Delete message" and click the "Delete this Message" button.

The next floor is entirely empty, but still creepy. It housed the criminally insane; cells have been minimally soundproofed and baffled, and someone has made the odd decision to have the walls painted a light beige which is now flaking off. Beds and bedding remain, though the latter is mouldy. There is another unmarked room above the electrocution chamber on the ground floor.

littlebottom
2010-02-27, 09:14 PM
Gareth, quite obviously, will inspect it, expecting possibly a generator, well... it makes sense atleast. or more to the point, hoping for a generator.

Xsesiv
2010-02-27, 09:17 PM
It isn't a generator. It is a room for shock therapy, stripped almost entirely bare apart from the metal bed frame set with restraining straps, and the shock machine itself, a cabinet-sized monstrosity that was apparently not worth the effort of moving.

littlebottom
2010-02-27, 09:25 PM
"ok, this room is off limits for now too." Gareth makes a mental note to return and inspect it in more detail when we have the time. till then, he heads to the basement

sorry im moving things on so much, i just doubted you guys would mind, as all im really doing is getting us all to learn what we have in our immidiate surroundings, which weve got to do sooner or later anyway

Xsesiv
2010-02-27, 09:28 PM
In the basement are cells for solitary confinement. Windowless, cold and furnished with only a cot and metal bathroom fixtures, they can't have been pleasant to stay in. The metal doors are fitted with small eye slits and are heavier than the others in consruction.

Xealot7
2010-02-27, 09:29 PM
"You know, I'm not certain, but I might..." she emphasizes the last word, "be able to convert that into a somewhat functional generator. It would take a while... but it might work."

littlebottom
2010-02-27, 09:30 PM
finally Gareth checks the guards rooms, in hope of something of use.

Xsesiv
2010-02-27, 09:33 PM
All that is left in the guard room is a large fixed metal desk, the rest of the equipment and furniture having been removed. As you finish passing through the empty rooms, the only ones with full windows in the building, you notice it is beginning to get dark out.

Xealot7
2010-02-27, 09:37 PM
"Ok, we need to decide where we are going to stay for the night."

littlebottom
2010-02-27, 09:46 PM
"i for one, do not mind, theres plenty of cells in which you can stay inside out of the wind, and still have some personal space, id still rather know what weve got to work with here, before anything starts happening. i mean, its going dark, bad things always happen at night!"

Xsesiv
2010-02-27, 09:52 PM
A young man in a shirt, tie and jeans comes in through the front door and calls out "Is anyone in here? Zweiger wants to see everyone in the fridge."

littlebottom
2010-02-27, 09:55 PM
"who the F*ck is he to go round telling us what to do?" Gareth makes his way over there anyway, as it seems important

Xsesiv
2010-02-27, 10:05 PM
The statement is not as strange as it sounds. In block C, a cafeteria, there is an off-set kitchen with many gadgets, modern for the 60s, and a large walk-in fridge and freezer, both with the power off. Integrated shelving remains, and people are standing around the edges while Zweiger, a greying security guard in excellent shape, with Lamont by his side, watches you come in. "Is that everyone?" barks Zweiger to the young man, who nods. Zweiger does a quick head count.

"Alright, there are thirty-one here, thirty-five of us counting the ones I've put on the watchtowers. We've been going around, and we've found that none of the buildings had anything of any real use. Only the fitted furniture, where it was. The physical plant had two diesel generators and a diesel-powered pump. And we have no food, water or weapons except what people have brought, so we're going to have to get this place organised. A tie won't hold the gates shut and if it does we'll starve, so tomorrow we need some people to go into town and get some supplies."

Xealot7
2010-02-27, 10:06 PM
Mona follows the young man to the fridge, listening to Gareth complain the whole way. :smallwink:

Xealot7
2010-02-27, 10:09 PM
Mona waits a moment to see if anyone is going to say anything else, when they don't she steps up.

"I have an extra gallon of water in my car, I'll share. And, I'll volunteer to go into the city tomorrow as well."

littlebottom
2010-02-27, 10:17 PM
"you think we dont know that? i scouted B block by the way, a few things to announce not report theres an electric chair and a large ETC machine, theres even some bedding over there but its not realy of working quality. i feel that those proficient with a gun should be going out tomorrow to find a long term solution for the gate, and food supplies, i also volenteer we swing by my pub, theres plenty in the way of supplies there, from food to drink to a gun or two. so... who can use a gun properly?"

Xealot7
2010-02-27, 10:19 PM
With her pistol in hand Mona says, "I can handle myself."

Xsesiv
2010-02-27, 10:22 PM
"Without mashing their fingers? We have the men on the watchtowers at the moment, two of them are ex-military, two used to hunt. I can use a gun, so can Darryl here...anyone else?" A handful of the people raise their hands.

littlebottom
2010-02-27, 10:25 PM
"before you go joy riding tomorrow, you must remember fuel may be hard to get hold of. conserve it"

Xealot7
2010-02-27, 10:33 PM
"True, I'll try and find containers so we can syphon some gas and diesel, as well as water and such."

Xsesiv
2010-02-27, 10:44 PM
"Well, I suppose we're all tired. Sleep where you want. I'll be up all night, working out what to do in case we're here for any time." He turns to leave for the Warden's house. "Whoever ends up going off on the foraging trip tomorrow, take a truck that can carry big containers of fuel. Not a little car."

Xealot7
2010-02-27, 10:52 PM
"Oh, don't worry, I'm not taking my baby out to get destroyed by the big bad zombies." she says rather sarcastically. "It's staying parked here inside these gates."

littlebottom
2010-02-27, 10:54 PM
gareth catchs up to him, "you know, they will need a leader, someone who isnt a trigger happy gun nut, but someone who is charasmatic, and will instil confidence even in the worst of situations, organizing them is vital, but that can be a shared responsibility of the leader and others, see what im saying?" Gareth doubts he actually does see what his saying, but will say so and make a false asumption nonetheless.

Xealot7
2010-02-27, 11:04 PM
Mona looks at Gareth for a second... "Wait... did you just call me a trigger happy, uncharismatic, disorganized, incompetent fool who hides from responsibility and lacks confidence? That's about all I got out of that."

Torco
2010-02-28, 12:16 AM
- Sure looks like it, Mona.

Joel has been silently following the others, never letting go of his bike.


OOC- I haven't been around, there was a huuuge earthquake down where I live, so I had no access to the internet [or electricity, for that matter] until now. BTW he was supposed to have gone scouting ahead a few turns back and the story just carried on as if he never had... mreh, whatever.

Joel's had just about enough of running around pretending the dead walk the land. He stands tall, well one head above most people around him, and pushes his gut muscles before opening his mouth. He looks straight into Zweiger's eyes, and sternly raises his voice.

- Before I spend a night in this ****hole and go pillaging town, which is, mind you, precisely what you're asking of us, I want to see some actual evidence that there's actually a reason to be concerned. Otherwise I've had enough of this joke. I can't believe everyone else, when told there's living dead walking around, just assumes it's obviously true, but I'm a little more hard to convince. Especially when it comes to god-damned zombies!

Intimidation roll [roll0]

Xealot7
2010-02-28, 12:21 AM
"I agree with you to an extent, but come on, "something" is causing all of that carnage back in the city." Mona says as she points back towards the city where they came from, smoke and fire clearly visible.

Torco
2010-02-28, 12:44 AM
Joel calms down a bit.

- Sure, something, but zombies? I'm gonna check out what the hell is going on here. Anyone coming?

Steckie
2010-02-28, 02:50 AM
Hugo


Hugo was listening to the discussion of the other three people, standing there with his wooden sword and shield. He didn't even seem to realize that he was still holding them. It's not until they bring up guns and pillaging that he starts talking.
"I have some experience with guns. Well, rifles actually, never tried a pistol before. And i don't own any rifles anymore, but i'll join on the foraging trip. Or pillaging if that's what you want." He looks at Joel while saying this. "And there may or may not be zombies, but both zombies or looters will want the stuff down in that city for food. The looters want the same things we want, and the zombies will want to have us...."

He than turns to Gareth: "And Gareth, i don't think you could possibly have enough supplies in your bar to let 35 people survive in here for a long period of time.
I think our safest bet would be to ignore bars and small shops. If people want to go out for supplies that would be the first place they look. The best places are large food handling factories. They usually have a large stock of food to send out to their clients. It is possible we can find some trucks fully loaded with food that are just waiting to get to the stores.
One truck like that could keep us going for weeks, maybe even a couple of months if we can also find some watersupply.
I'm thinking we should drive a car into town, stop at Gareths bar to arm ourselves and get some other urgent supplies. After that we use Gareths yellow pages to find a food handling factory thats large enough to get us the stuff we need."

Xealot7
2010-02-28, 08:55 AM
"Well, part of me wants to wait, until things calm down a little more down there. I'm sure its chaos atm. On the other hand, we need the supplies. I'd say no more than a group of 4-6 should go down there if we decide to go. We should also have at least two people per vehicle, just in case."

Steckie
2010-02-28, 10:39 AM
Hugo

"Agreed, two vehicles might be safer. If we have to leave one behind to take one or more trucks with us, we'll just siphon the gasoline over.
We should also consider bringing weapons, one weapon per vehicle, the passenger should be somebody who can shoot it. If we can find enough weapons among ourselves. Some people might have a weapon, but i don't know if they would be willing to give it up.
Ah well, at least i've got my trustworthy wooden sword and shield so nothing can possibly go wrong.

So we'll go with my plan: the bar for weapons and after that we search the yellow pages for food storage?
Or does anybody else have a better idea?"

Xealot7
2010-02-28, 11:14 AM
Mona Bethell

"Sounds good Hugo," Mona says with a smile. "So, now the question is, who all is going, and what vehicles. I'm going, and I have a weapon, but we are NOT taking my car. I am willing to drive or shoot, I consider myself pretty good with a car and a gun."

Torco
2010-02-28, 11:26 AM
- A... Wooden... Sword ? ( 0_o ) Oh my god I've seen it all now. Anyway, I'm going to go out and have a look now, see what the hell's out there. I recommend the pillage party.

Joel makes a pause, as he never thought he would say the words 'recommend', 'pillage' and 'party' in the same sentence.

- ...should wait until I'm back, it's not safe for anyone to leave before we know what's going on out there.

Joel takes his bike and rides into the city, trying to figure out what the hell's going on.
spot roll [roll0]

OOC- again xD

Xealot7
2010-02-28, 11:29 AM
Mona Bethell

Mona shrugs, "So much for going as a group."

Torco
2010-02-28, 11:34 AM
Joel

- Oh, I'll join you all right, if you were so kind as to wait a little. It's not like I'm some sort of reckless horror movie idiot, Mona, it's just that a I'm the most suited for quickly going outside and taking a look, mainly because my bike's ten times more agile on the road than any four-wheels one-ton car. Besides, don't you want a little more info before taking a bunch of people out there? we should at least know what we're up against.

Steckie
2010-02-28, 11:36 AM
Hugo

"Let's take two of the smaller cars, if we lose them it wont be a catastrophe.
I'll drive one of the cars, i'm a pretty good driver. I can shoot reasonably well too, but i only have some hunting experience with a rifle, and i don't think anybody here has a rifle."

Hugo sees Joel driving his bike into the city. He's pretty surprised to see that.
"Did that guy just drive on his own into the city? There might be zombies, there will most likely be looters......hell, we are going to be looters.
Mona. Gareth. If i drive the car, than Mona can shoot and Gareth can show us the way to his bar first. Does that sound good?
If we're fast, we might be able to catch that lone biker who made fun of my wooden sword and shield."

Xealot7
2010-02-28, 11:45 AM
Are you still here, or did you leave?

Steckie
2010-02-28, 11:51 AM
Hugo

"20 bucks says he's either dead by morning or he'll leave us here to rot." Hugo says quietly to Mona.
"Oh crap, if this thing is real than money will be useless. How about this: if he dies within 24 hours i get to ride your car once, if he lives through the day i'll clean your car. Sounds fair?

Well anyway, if he goes scouting this night than i think i'm going to go sleep so i'll be rested for tomorrows foraging trip. Unless anybody still has something for me to do?"

If nobody has some work for Hugo than he'll lock up the gate behind Joel with the fantastic tie-mechanism and look for some place to spend the night.

Yeah i was confused by that too, but he said he left so i'm just assuming he's gone.

Xealot7
2010-02-28, 12:18 PM
"No one... has ever... driven... my car... except me. No one. No one... has ever... cleaned... my car... except me. No deal." With that Mona walks away, trying to find a place to bed down for the night. Looks like the foraging trip will be tomorrow.

OOC: Don't think anything of Mona's reaction about the car, it's part of her Drawback Zealot (Muscle Cars).

Steckie
2010-02-28, 12:47 PM
Hugo

"Women, the one time they meet a man that's willing to clean up they yell at him and walk away....." Hugo mumbles to himself.
He also goes looking for a place to spend the night, hoping to get a good nights rest. He'll try to wake as early as possible for the foraging trip.

And you saw Hugo's drawback in the post before yours: he's a Clown. A bit dark betting if somebody will live the night or not, wouldn't you say? :smallsmile: Anyway, nice reaction to the bet, i liked it.

Xealot7
2010-02-28, 01:18 PM
OOC: Yeah, they will get along just fine. She was fine with betting on his life, just not her car. :smallwink:

Torco
2010-02-28, 02:50 PM
OOC- yeap, nice gag-scene guys xD

--

Joel rides into the city alone, stopping and killing the engine from time to time, just to check for any unusual sounds

PER roll[roll0], SPOT roll [roll1].

Of course, if he were to see an actual zombie, he'd ride in the opposite direction, but otherwise, he checks the overall status of the city, in a 5 mile radius at least. Then he returns.

Xsesiv
2010-03-01, 12:15 AM
@Joel: The city is utterly shambolic. Between hordes of people fleeing some threat, looting shops to grab what supplies they can, it is hard to move or see more than a few yards, but you do see blood-smeared, greivously injured people shuffling around, being flown by the living. Windows are broken, bits of wood and glass lie all over the ground in pudles of blood, cars contain dead people, living people who have no room to manoeuvre and in some cases trapped re-risen people. Thefts are taking place all over the place as people rob each other for desperately needed supplies. Small children and unfortunates who trip are trampled in the riots. One of the shufflers crouches over a fallen woman and tears out her throat with its teeth. The population of the city is dropping by the second, as people succumb to zombies or flee the city.

Make an unmodified Fright Test for seeing the entire disturbing scene.

@Everyone who slept: The night must have been hard to sleep through (Gareth: roll twice for Recurring Nightmares). Many times the night was racked by a piercing scream, either a nearby one of a nightmare or a distant one of agony. When the sun is up, Zweiger, looking bleary but still alert, comes out of the administration building with the stub of a pencil in one meaty hand, a pad of paper in the other. He turns over the pad, rips out a sheet of paper and hands it to you. It has a short shopping list written on it:

Get:


Weapons
Ammunition, appropriate to weapons
Water, bottled or barrelled
Food, preferably canned or preserved
Fuel (diesel oil, gasoline, firewood, batteries)
Containers, metal or durable plastic, large
Containers, metal or durable plastic, barrel-sized or smaller
Flashlights, electric


Get, if possible:


Cooking utensils
Medical supplies, basic
Tools, basic
Building materials, basic
Flares


"Sorry. I know it's a lot, but we need to start big. And I'm sending Darryl with you, as hopefully he's seen enough films on the matter of the walking dead to know what to do." He turns and addresses the community, if it can be called that, at large. "I want to see each of you in the fridge, so I know what you can do. You too, when you get back," he adds to you.

Torco
2010-03-01, 01:31 AM
OOC- Joel's got the nerves of steel trait, which, IIRC, makes him only have to roll when confronted to strange supernatural manifestations... I guess this is one, so I'll roll.

[roll0] (+4 for 'Nerves of Steel', +4 for willpower)

AFTER-ROLL:

Joel

- Sweet mother of god.

Joel can't believe what he's looking at... those look just like the zombies from B-rated films his boyfriend liked so much. He's almost as surprised by the fact that the dead walk the land as he is amazed by his composure. He drives his bike carefully, trying not to get too close to anything or anyone. So much death, and dead people walking, it can't be, and yet it is.

- damnit, I'm too big for it to carry anyone... **** my bike, we should have taken Mona's car.

He struggles with himself for a moment, but he's a doctor, he can't leave all these people hanging. [damn code of honor trait, why did I take you!!].

- Quick, this way! Everyone, FOLLOW ME!

His voice is deep and loud, and he shouts authoritatively. Joel knows of only one safe place in the city, and he wants to get as many people there as possible.

Of course, he'll stay the hell away from any zombies, but doctor or no doctor, if some human approaches him in a less-than-friendly manner he'll fauque his sheedt up, excuse my french.

Xsesiv
2010-03-01, 02:05 AM
What people remain are not paying you much attention, due in part to the constant screaming, smashing and shouting, in part to their determination to go through with their own plan. Three or four of them do follow you, none of them with a vehicle, nor with many supplies, and all and each looking like a child lost in a crowd. However, not all attention you recieve is so co-operative. A burly, shaven-headed man sees the motorbike and rushes over brandishing a plank held in his hands above his head.

Xealot7
2010-03-01, 05:48 AM
Mona Bethell

"We'll get as much of the stuff on this list as we can." Mona looks around a moment. "I guess Joel never made it back. I guess we'll keep and eye out for him as well. Maybe he found a safe place to stay the night." She said the last part for everyone's benefit, knowing that was probably not the case.

littlebottom
2010-03-01, 11:11 AM
[roll0] [roll1]
"well, first of all ive got drink contained in barrels that can be used as containers afterwards in the basement of my pub, so thats a start, ive got a bit of food, a wepon and ammo too. ive got cooking utensils there too, after all, most pubs cant survive without serving food these days... those days. its a safe bet that most of the stuff of some use is still secured away, although its also likely the glasses chairs and tables have been taken or damaged in the front. atleast its a place to start?"

Steckie
2010-03-01, 11:15 AM
Hugo

"Zweiger, when we return from this trip, or perhaps IF we return, i expect that we get a little more say in the leadership your installing here. I'm fine with the way you handled things up until now, but i'm not going to play errand boy without my little share of the leadership."

Hugo looks at the list.
"Hmm, i think we should first get some weapons for the three of us and after that food and water. I still think we need the yellow pages to find the most promising locations. We need big supplies of food and water."

Hugo looks up from the list to Darryl, Zweiger and his two companions.
"Darryl, can you shoot? Do you have a gun on you? What skills do you have apart from sitting in front of your TV and pressing the 'play' button?"

"Zweiger, should we bring more survivors here or should we first get a good supply of food and water? Or should we perhaps only bring in people we need, like docters or people that can buy their way in with supplies?"

"Mona, if we do happen to find Joel, lets keep a gun aimed at him first until he proves he doesn't want to eat our brains or whatever it is these zombies do. I'd like to drive if that's ok, you had a gun right?"

"Gareth, are you ok? You look like you had a rough night? Think you can still come with us and show us the way to your bar? And the weapons in your bar? The stuff you mentioned that you have already sounds promising, lets hope your bar isn't looted when we get there."

Xealot7
2010-03-01, 11:28 AM
Mona Bethell

"I don't usually let a man drive me around, but for you I'll make an exception." She smiles at her little joke. "No but, seriously, you bring up a good point, I have a gun, so I'll ride shotgun, you can drive. And we will be wary of Joel... assuming he's still alive." She thinks for a moment. "What vehicles do we have here to take?

Steckie
2010-03-01, 11:56 AM
Hugo

"Yesterday i thought we'd be best of with a small car and change it for something bigger in the city. But seeing this list i think we need the biggest car. We aren't even sure that we'll still find a big car or truck in the city."
Hugo turns to Zweiger.
"Zweiger, what cars do we have here? Wich one can we take with us?
And make sure that the one we take has a full tank of gas."

Hugo gives Mona a crooked smile.
"And i'm not used to a woman with a gun sitting next to me while i drive. But i think i might be able to teach you a thing or two about driving."

Hugo's driving skill is actually at 4, while Mona has 3. That's why i wanted him to drive.

Xealot7
2010-03-01, 08:25 PM
OOC to Hugo:

It maybe a skill of 4 to a skill of 3, but you roll the driving check with dexterity added to it. Dex is a 3 to a 5 which puts Mona ahead with it being a total of:

Hugo 7
Mona 8

Girls are superior in all ways, didn't you know!!!

Not that it really matters lol, I just enjoy giving you a hard time.

Torco
2010-03-01, 09:21 PM
Joel

- Right. Just what I needed, on top of the zombies, a stupid biker supremacist. Okay, everyone, stay back and if something goes wrong, run in that direction. [signaling the direction of the prison]

Joel steps off his bike and wraps his leather jacket around his left arm, making a ragtag kind of shield, a trick he learned in the streets of Cleveland from an old homeless guy who was too poor to get a knife. If the ****er gets too close he'll take the keys off the bike and wait for him to get close.

- Just keep walking, sir, you don't wanna mess with me.
INTIMIDATE ROLL= [roll0] +4 will, +4 intimidate

Just in case the bald guy doesn't back up and move along, big boy's gonna be ready.

BRAWL ROLL = [roll1] +5 str, +5 brawl

Xsesiv
2010-03-01, 09:23 PM
@Joel: The bald man veers aside at the end of his charge but has attained such momentum he doesn't stop and runs into a fire hydrant with a horrible crack. The people begin running up in the prison's direction, but one of them gets pounced on by a zombie and a chunk taken out of his arm.

@Others: "Well, we have a pick up truck, three normal street cars, two people-carriers, two SUVs, a motorbike - we had one, at least - and a muscle car. I'm sure nobody will mind you taking any of them.

And I'm not starting up a leadership, I'll leave decisions up to you people. But somebody needs to get the place organised, or it'll just collapse. I'm used to doing that sort of thing.

I suggest you don't actively start bringing survivors back, but if they come with you, they come."

Darryl Lamont looks at Hugo. "I'd prefer Lamont, please, and I've been target shooting since I was twelve. Now, come on, we have to get down to the town." He trots towards the gates.

Torco
2010-03-01, 09:42 PM
Joel

Joel watches the bald guy crash into a static, inanimate object, and is even a little entertained by the silliness of it. His attention then goes to the guys he was supposed to be protecting... one of them got a chunk taken off by zombies. just what I needed, he thinks, a dead guy on my conscience... poor guy, I should have done better.... Practising doctors get used to loosing people, but he hasn't practised medicine yet... a grim though crosses his mind.

- I guess I'll have plenty of work now... heh

He quickly mounts up and rides ahead of his two remaining refugees, or three, in case the other guy can keep walking. He'd like to help him, but there's not enough time... he's urging them to stick together and scouting ahead for safe routes. He just wants to arrive at the prison gates and get those people to safety.

Xsesiv
2010-03-01, 09:47 PM
Several exhausting miles up the hill later, the prison hoves into view, and you feel triumphant. Or you would do, if you hadn't wasted fuel and lost someone to the zombies. You may even have led the shufflers back up here...

Torco
2010-03-01, 10:03 PM
Thankfully the bike's pretty fuel-efficient, it'll burn 5 litre per 100 kilometers when driven under 90k/h, so it should still have, what, half a tank? Still, yeah, the big guy's probably gonna dream about the face of the guy he got killed...

Joel pushes the bike the last few hundred meters while he asks the other two people if they're hurt, or sick. He gets in the prison, tells the two remaining survivors and overhears Mona and Hugo talking.

- I can't believe it, but you guys were right... there's a ton of dead-looking people shambling around and killing in the streets. It's the most horrible thing I've ever seen, and I'm a med student. Just get me a gun and I'll help you get the supplies... We won't last a week without them. Hell

Steckie
2010-03-02, 01:04 AM
Hugo

Hugo is shocked to see Joel. The man looked exhausted and had a horrible expression on his face.
"You survived? I'm actually quite surprised that happened... But anyway, welcome back in the land of the living.
And since you are joining us on going down, we now have 5 people in our group. So we need to decide if we get one car to save fuel and try to get an extra car in the city or we just take two cars.
I say we take the safest car, the one that offers us the best protection.
That also means, Joel, that you should probably leave your bike behind."

He turns himself to Darryl....or no, the kid preffered Lamont.
"Hold it, Lamont. Walking to town isn't going to help us, we'll drive.
And do you have a gun on you? Because only Mona has a gun with her i think, and we desperatly need some protection. Of course is still have my trustworthy wooden sword and shield, but i don't think i can decapacitate a zombie with a wooden sword..."

Xealot:
Thanks, didn't know that. As i said before, new to the roleplaying thing, so i'm still learning. If you want Mona to drive just let her say it.

Xsesiv
2010-03-02, 01:32 AM
"Yep, here's my pistol. I'm not walking to town anyway, are you insane?" says Lamont, patting a chunky semi-automatic pistol in his shoulder holster and walking through the gates, then looking over the various cars used to block the gate from the outside. "I say we take an SUV down there, best protection, and try and find a truck while we're there."

Xealot7
2010-03-02, 11:36 AM
Mona Bethell

"I got shotgun in the SUV." Mona begins walking towards the passenger seat of the SUV, performing a brass check on her pistol as she goes, just to make sure a round is seated. She still has her small toolbox with her.


Nah, I don't want to drive, mostly just messin' with you. I'd rather shoot.

Steckie
2010-03-02, 12:50 PM
Hugo

"Alright, then i'll drive. I'm putting my sword and shield in the back, you never know when i need to get medieval on some of these zombies."
Hugo stops for a second, suddenly realizing something.
"Crap, now i know for sure that this is the zombie holocaust: i just made a stupid joke that can only come from some idiotic movie."

Hugo gets in the car, adjusting the seat and the mirrors to fit him perfectly.
He than takes a good look around him, checking the car out. He makes sure the fuel tank is full, checks the oil and checks the locks.
"Aha, a Toyota Land Cruiser, i can work with this. If all this **** hadn't happened and i was still a car salesman i could have gotten a good price for this baby.
Alright, everybody get in the car please. Lamont, keep your eyes on the sides and back of the car, and don't start shooting without warning us please, i'd like to keep my hearing intact. Joel, if you have a gun do the same thing please.
Gareth, please show me the way to your bar."

Hugo waits until everybody is in the car and than drives away, looking in his mirror to make sure they close the gate behind him.

Torco
2010-03-02, 03:27 PM
- Yeah, I even managed to get a couple people to safety, so it wasn't a wasted trip.

He listens to the others plan the foraging trip.

- Nah, I haven't packed in a long time, I'm not sure I still know how to shoot... Anyway, someone's gotta get the supplies while you guys kill those mo'fos, I'm pretty fast and the biggest guy here, so I'll hoard, just be sure to cover me. So here's the plan: we take the Cruiser into town, get our hands on a pickup truck or something -which should be easy, there's plenty cars full-o' dead folks laying around-, get as much stuff as we can and run the hell back here, right? Be sure to wear your diapers, people, 'cause it's pretty damn horrible out there, and the zombies aren't the only ones doing the killing. We're gonna need sacks, large bags or something to put the food and supplies into, be right back.

Joel checks out the prison warehouse for large empty bags, preferably the sturdy sort; otherwise, bed sheets, covers, drapes, or some other large piece of cloth should do it.

- Hey, you two -he addresses the two guys he got out of that hell out there- I'm gonna ask you for a few favors while we're out: could you please check if the prison has running water? and if it does, please fill the bathtubs and any other container, dehydration's a real bitch. Also try to write down and organize everything we have in the prision that's useful, and get to know the rest of the people in this joint, we need to know what we have to work with here. Also check the walls for any soft spots, you think you can do that?

Once he gets his hands on enough sacks, sheets or whatever, he'll climb on the Cruiser and get ready to roll.

- Listen, people, I'm a medical doctor... Almost one, anyway, but I can't do crap without proper equipment. We'll have to stop by somewhere with weapons, somewhere with food, and somewhere with med supplies. I know my way around the university hospital, and any supermarket should do for food and water, but do any of you know where we can find some weapons? do Wallmarts sell guns around here?

Xsesiv
2010-03-02, 03:47 PM
There are no "sacks, sheets or whatever",or running water, being at it is that the prison was closed 42 years ago, isolated from mains supplies of water, gas and electricity and stripped of useful supplies. The only bedding left is in Cell Block B and is mouldy. The fact you have no supplies is the very reason you are making the foray into town.

Torco
2010-03-02, 04:24 PM
OOC- well, there might have been -something- useful... can't blame a guy from trying :P.

Steckie
2010-03-02, 04:27 PM
Hugo

"Wait, did you just say you're trained in medicine? You are trained in a profession that is going to be extremely rare and important in the near future but yesterday you decided to go on a little road trip and possibly waist your talent. That....that's just unbelievable. And all that stuntwork without a weapon. You must be some sort of superhero. " Hugo says, the irony is clearly heard in his words.

Hugo shakes his head, he turns on the car radio and says: "Mona, could you switch trough some channels so we can hear what people are saying on the radio, we could use some more info."

He keeps on driving to town, listening to the radio, hoping that there is still somebody broadcasting somewhere.


Don't take Hugo's statement bad, that's just the way he reacts to things. With a nice sweet dose of sarcasm :smallsmile:

Btw, i'm assuming we're now driving to town, but i'm not totally sure. Tell me if i'm wrong.

Xsesiv
2010-03-02, 05:04 PM
There is an OoC thread open now; check the recruitment thread for it.

The radio emits silence interspersed with bursts of static. The SUV trundles off down the forest road down into the valley and towards the town. It enters the town, which looks oddly deserted, directly onto the High Street, and unsurprisingly, most of the shops here have been looted. However, the town does seem deserted.

Torco
2010-03-02, 05:09 PM
OOC- Are we on our way? fine by me. And don't worry, bud, inter-character conflict is okay by me.

- Yeah, well, I'm back now, so unless we die out there I'm gonna take a look at that hemorroid problem of yours first thing tomorrow, okay?. Joel replies. Damn, where did everyone go

He's tired, he had a ****ty night, and is more than a little cranky.

Xealot7
2010-03-02, 05:19 PM
Mona Bethell

Mona keeps her eyes out for the first Large Truck, Semi, Moving Van, etc they see that looks like it will function.

Notice: [roll0]

"Sheesh, seriously, you guys sound like a bunch of women."

Xsesiv
2010-03-02, 05:32 PM
Most of the cars you pass look as if they will function; in the panic of trying to escape people haven't generally been preoccupied with slashing tyres, blocking exhausts or burning out vehicles for sheer devilment, but there is a gleaming white mini-truck parked halfway across a pavement, having had the handbrake pulled up and therefore coasted out of a garage with a wide-open door, seemingly abandoned in the mad rush of the day before.
http://www.allterrainminitrucks.com/images/modifications/mini-truck-box-truck.jpg This type of minitruck, not the other kind.

Xealot7
2010-03-02, 05:38 PM
Mona Bethell

"Hugo, stop!" Let's grab that white Mini-Truck!. One more person who is willing to drive, come with me." When the Hugo brings the SUV to a stop, she does a quick look around to make sure there are not zombies. Assuming there are none in the general area, she runs over to the truck to see if it's unlocked.

Xsesiv
2010-03-02, 05:42 PM
It is unlocked, and the door is open. The keys are even in the ignition. But there is no fuel in the tank.

Torco
2010-03-02, 05:47 PM
- I can't drive four-wheel vehicles too well, but I can shoot. First we need to get our hands on some diesel.

Xealot7
2010-03-02, 05:57 PM
Mona Bethell

Upon seeing the vehicle out of diesel, Mona facepalms, then hurriedly jumps back in the vehicle. "Looks like diesel is a top priority."

(Also, just to make sure, considering Mona is a mechanic she would know whether it is diesel or gas right? I know some trucks like that run on gas.)

Xsesiv
2010-03-02, 06:01 PM
It is diesel.

Torco
2010-03-02, 06:07 PM
- Wait a second. Lemme check what's in it.


Joel runs to the mini-truck and check the cargo hold. Who knows, maybe there'll be something useful in there, like guns, or food... After all, Joel's starting to get hungry.

- Hey, btw, guys, does the Cruiser run on diesel or gas?

Xsesiv
2010-03-02, 06:19 PM
There are three sleeping bags, five loaves of bread, three 24-tin trays, two of tinned soup, one of canned beans, and 64 half-litre bottles of water. Whoever left this vehicle was obviously planning to go somewhere in it, but they didn't leave it too quickly to take weapons with them, because it is more of a granary than an armoury.

Xealot7
2010-03-02, 06:21 PM
"Let's move all of that gear into this vehicle. Just incase we don't find diesel."

Torco
2010-03-02, 06:34 PM
- You guys just keep a lookout, last thing we need is a surprise.

Joel moves the stuff to the back of the SUV. When he's done, he chugs down a bottle of water and hands everyone else one.

- Drink up, people, and let's get the hell out of here; we should check the other vehicles, especially those with dead people in them, no need to reinvent the wheel.

Xealot7
2010-03-02, 06:47 PM
"Good idea. Another good one might be to check out school cafeteria's. In a riot, or... well, something like this, I'm sure that's the place people would think to look and, well, they have food, in buckle, and quite often in cans."

Torco
2010-03-02, 06:59 PM
- Brilliant, besides, schools are packed with other useful stuff. let's check the nearby cars first, while there's no one around. I'm thinking then we're off to a gas station, then a school, and lastly the university hospital, what do you think.

OOC- btw, how many people are there at the prison?

Xealot7
2010-03-02, 07:31 PM
"I'll help you do a quick search of these vehicles. Actually, maybe we should take a bunch of the batteries for power?"

Notice: [roll0]

Torco
2010-03-02, 09:15 PM
- Actually, now that you mention it, cars are packed with valuable stuff, which is why they're expensive. We should get the batteries for power, alternators and such for power generation, lights, radios, wires. Keep your eyes peeled for medkits, some cars have them, as well as tools or whatever, and I can't believe none of these cars run on diesel, but food, water and meds are first. Let's get to work, sister!

Joel searches thoroughly. Once they've stripped nearby cars for food, medstuff and supplies, he'll start stripping the cars themselves, IF there's time.

Steckie
2010-03-03, 01:02 AM
Hugo

"Searching cars for little scraps of supplies? We should be getting some big stashes of supplies, this is a waste of time. The little bit we are going to find in cars is't going to help almost 40 people survive. We need to be more efficient with our time, who knows how long it will take until this town is fully looted.
I've said it before: ignore small shops and go for the larger food processing or distributing companies. Especially a food distributing company would be great, there should be different kinds of food in a place like that.

And to get some fuel we shouldn't just get some full tanks and perhaps a few barrels. We should search for an oil tank truck and just pump it full of fuel."

Hugo keeps sitting behind the wheel of the SUV, looking around him to see if there's nothing coming their way while saying all this.


[roll0]
The +4 is my perception, i hope i got it right.
Oh, and the oil tank truck Hugo is referring to is something like this:
Oil tank truck (http://webspace.webring.com/people/bv/vgermini/images/765.JPG)

Torco
2010-03-03, 02:00 AM
- Yes, and I suppose while we're at it we should find an Abrahams while we're at it, you figure? There's a truck there with enough food to get those people fed for a couple days, and without diesel it's gonna sit there until it rots or, more likely, until some racist biker piece of **** decides to take it. Why don't we just take stuff one step at a time? Myself I'm thankful for having a place with the two most important features of the world right now: it has useful stuff, and it has no zombies.

OOC- of course, cue the zombies, if dramatic clichés are anything to go by, but what the hell.

Xsesiv
2010-03-03, 06:48 AM
@Torco:I suggest you read over the thread again, just to refresh your memory. You have a list of things the prison needs, and also you know there are now 37 people at the prison.

Apparently, only the minitruck's owners were prepared. None of the other cars have any food besides a few bags of mints, but you find a small first-aid kit in the glove compartment of one, a jack in the trunk of another and two tow-ropes. No zombies seem to be here, but you do hear a few ominous groans from a nearby bakery.

Lamont shouts out over all the talking. "Alright, people, stop bickering. Yes, things we can steal from cars are going to be useful. No, we don't need them now, and no, we're not likely to get much food from them. So let's leave the cars here and hit some shops, then we can fill up this truck and be on our way. Sound good?"

littlebottom
2010-03-03, 07:41 AM
"well, right now, that seems the best course of action, we should grab what we need the most, the things that are not likely to be around for long, like food."

Says gareth who suddenly speaks up after being in deep thought for the past part of the trip... *cough*sorry i was busy*cough*

Xealot7
2010-03-03, 11:38 AM
"Fine, so where are we going first? Gareth's?"

Torco
2010-03-03, 11:47 AM
I remember the list, but Joel can have his own ideas. and yeah, forgot the number :). Oh, and... railroader :D

Joel puts the first-aid kit and the jack in the back of the SUV, then speaks up.

- Okay, let's go... I'm thinking the opposite direction from that bakery

Steckie
2010-03-03, 01:00 PM
Hugo

Hugo decides to just shut up about his idea for large scale resource gathering, he thinks the others might not agree with him now but the days that follow will most likely prove his point.

"Gareth's is fine. He said he had guns and food, so we might as well start there."

Hugo grabs one of the tow ropes and throws the other in the back of the SUV. He parks the toyota right in front of the mini truck, shuts down the engine and gets out to attach the tow rope. He makes sure everything is tied perfectly together so he wont lose the little truck.

"Ok, thats good to go. I'd like to keep on driving my little toyota here, i'm growing quite attached to it, so i'm hoping somebody else could steer the mini truck? If we find a source of diesel we can fill up the tank and make it easier on ourselves.

Oh right, Mona, you have your toolkit with you. Do you have a large tube in there perhaps? One we could use to siphon diesel from one of these abandoned cars over to our new mini truck?"

If Mona has one Hugo will look for a car that uses diesel, tow the mini truck next to it and start siphoning over the fuel. If she hasn't he will wait until the mini truck has a driver and then start towing it to Gareth's bar.

Torco
2010-03-03, 01:48 PM
- Actually what do you want the minitruck for? We already have a couple cars over there. Sure, it may come in handy, but isn't food a priority? besides, the supplies that were in it are already in the Cruiser's trunk.

-- Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrhhhh! - a zombie groans

- Do you hear that? maybe we should get the hell out of here!

Steckie
2010-03-03, 02:08 PM
Hugo

"We can load a lot more stuff in the mini truck, if we could just find some diesel for it. And even if we don't find diesel, we can stuff it full of supplies and tow it to the prison.
Our other option is to let you walk back to the prison and use the place you used to sit to stuff supplies, but i think you're not really the type for a nice relaxing stroll trough the city" Hugo says that last sentence with a smile on his face.

"Now, can we get moving again please?"
Once everybody is in the SUV, apart from the person that will be steering the mini truck, Hugo starts the car and drives to Gareth's bar.

Xsesiv
2010-03-03, 02:31 PM
The bar is in rough shape. The front door hs been kicked in, tables and chairs knocked aside and the snacks and bottles behind the bar have been ripped down and taken away, the fridges of soft drinks emptied, and all of them have been dropped on the floor by careless looters, pints of beer, bottles of cola and bags of peanuts scattred everywhere. A rythmic knocking comes from behind the locked "staff only" door, but the place is otherwise deserted.

"Stand back," drawls Lamont, striding across the room towards the door, drawing his gun. "I'm guessing that's a zombie in there."

Steckie
2010-03-03, 02:41 PM
Hugo

"Oh, i'll be sure to stand back, i only have a wooden sword and shield remember. Let somebody with a gun take care of this. Gareth i hope you still have your key to that door?"

Torco
2010-03-03, 03:41 PM
- Hey, Gareth... where did you say yo kept the guns in this heap? I hope it was out of sight. -Joel whispers.

He goes and take them, giving one of them to Gareth.

Xealot7
2010-03-03, 04:10 PM
Mona weapon in hand, points the weapon in the direction of the noise. She takes a tactical position off to the side.

Xsesiv
2010-03-03, 04:25 PM
The gun cabinet under the bar was securely locked as (I assume) Gareth doesn't routinely flout licensing regulations, but people have since futilely struggled to get it open with a crowbar which lies on the ground next to it, next to a horrible smear of blood that leads off into the toilets. After Joel has located it, he can't get it open. He doesn't have the combination for the lock.

Meanwhile, Lamont, gun in hand, gears up and kicks the door from which the knocking noise was emitting as hard as he can. [roll0]

The door bursts open. A man in a chef's outfit (Gerald's head chef, Harry) is slumping on the floor and was feebly knocking on the door for help, a blood-drenched rag held to his forearm, gasping in pain. He opens his eyes and sees Gerald. "Gerald...you came? Or are we both dead?" He blinks, which seems a huge effort for him. "No, still here. Help me. Please help me. Someone bit a chunk out of my arm."

littlebottom
2010-03-03, 06:36 PM
"aaah my beauty!" Gareth says as he unlocks the gun taking all the ammo. upon hearing the door being bust open and a man being bitten gareth walks over till he is a few feet away and says "im afraid we do not have the means the supplys or the understanding to give you even the vainest hope of not becoming a zombie... i could... shoot you now if you wish?"

Xsesiv
2010-03-03, 06:44 PM
"I don't need to be shot! Just do something about this." He shows you his arm, a scoop of which has been taken out down to the bone. In the bone is lodged something shiny and white. Something that looks a lot like a tooth.

"She came in and went for me with a bat in her hand. I wanted to shoot her, so I went to the gun cabinet," he gabbles. "I couldn't open it, so I used the crowbar. I still couldn't open the cabinet by the time she'd got to me so I brained her with it, but she bit me. I went into the toilet for this tissue paper - " he shows you the blood-drenched, wadded up tissue he was using as a rag, " - and she followed me. I hit her with the toilet tank lid. But I'm not feeling too great now. Bleeding, I expect."

littlebottom
2010-03-03, 06:48 PM
"you clearly dont understand, being bitten means you will soon die no matter what we do, i may as well end it for you painlessly, we havnt much time!" Gareths eyes wander over to the celler trapdoor, to see if it looks like someone has broken in or weather its still secure.

Xsesiv
2010-03-03, 06:51 PM
The cellar door has been wrenched against its latch a few times, bending the metal slightly, but nobody has got in and it's a simple matter to unlock the padlock and go down.

Torco
2010-03-03, 06:52 PM
damnit... doctor+honor code...It's not the best idea, but he has no idea about how zombification works and is a stand-up guy... he can't leave the guy hanging. I'm gonna regret this xD

- Shoot him? and you can say that without even flinching? what the **** is wrong with you... you... sociopath? Someone bring me a water bottle from the car

Joel kneels down next to the hurt guy, takes one of the towing cables he picked up, takes his own shirt in case there's no other relatively clean piece of clothing lying around and torniquets his arm. In addition, he'll put toilet paper on the bleeding, etc... standard medic procedure under zombie infestation.

firt aid = [roll0].

littlebottom
2010-03-03, 06:53 PM
Gareth will do that after resolving the problem with the bitten man. "if you dont want to be shot, fine, we need something to study to understand the threat better, someone lock him in the back of a van and drive it back to the prison, we shall study his deterioration, and see if we can stop it. of course, with a gun to the ready should the worst happen... that is the best i can offer, decide NOW! or i decide for you."

Xsesiv
2010-03-03, 07:00 PM
Joel's attempt at first aid has seemed to do more harm than good, brushing away what clotting there was and restarting the bleeding.

"Deterioration? I'm fine, I've just taken a flesh wound. A bad one, but I'll be OK, I just need it treated. But I'll come with you..."

He struggles to his feet. [roll0]Constitution 2, Willpower 3

littlebottom
2010-03-03, 07:03 PM
"you just dont get it do you? taking a wound like that means that you have been infected, kiiiinda like if a dog with rabies bit you, but worse. anyway, some one take him to the van or something. and keep your gun at the ready." gareth goes to the celler to check if its all still there.

Xealot7
2010-03-03, 07:07 PM
Not sure who to believe Mona sighs, then responds. "Fine, I'll take him outside and keep and eye on him. Come on." She keeps her pistol pointed at the floor in the man's general direction, but doesn't point it at him.

Xsesiv
2010-03-03, 07:07 PM
It is all there, barrels upon barrels of home-brewed beer, racks of wine, pressurised vats for draught beers, bottles of spirit, along with various cleaning supplies. All the food is kept in the walk in fridge in the kitchen.

The bleeding man gets into the back of the SUV, looking mightily confused. "I was sure I wasn't dead yet," he says.

littlebottom
2010-03-03, 07:18 PM
"perfect, we need to get all this back to the prison... it may take several trips, but its enough to keep everyone going to begin with. of course it will have to be rationed. GUYS! anyone with a spare hand can they come help me get some of this stuff back?"

Xsesiv
2010-03-03, 07:29 PM
It takes a while to load up all the drinks, but there is now no room for anything else in either the minitruck or SUV.

littlebottom
2010-03-03, 07:36 PM
what? so weve just left the food? im taking everything of use i can, cooking utensils, and such as well, etc etc. a fair bit of the list can be found in here. i can understand it wouldnt all fit, but id rather take some food and some drink than all the drink and no food.

Xsesiv
2010-03-03, 07:41 PM
Well, pardon me for thinking you're taking the drinks when you say "all this" whilst looking at the drinks.

Exactly 288 cans of food along with several joints of meat, loaves of bread and vegetables join the gallons upon gallons of drinks in the cars, as well as indiustrial-sized pots, pans and utensils. You can probably cross "food", "utensils" and "water" off your lists now.

Torco
2010-03-03, 09:02 PM
Joel helps loading up the stuff. He even stuffs his backpack with a few things, food and drink, mostly.

OOC- I, as a player, know the clichés and tropes of zombie stories, Joel doesn't. on that topic...how did Gareth become so genre-savy?

- And you know all this about the zombification process because... what, George Romero's films? What if B-rate movies didn't get it right, huh?Anyway, we should get all this stuff to the prison before moving on.

Steckie
2010-03-04, 01:00 AM
Hugo

"Gareth, did you only have one gun in there? You haven't perhaps got a nice little rifle for your friend Hugo in there?"
Seeing the infected cook made Hugo a bit more scared, the realness of the situation has become all to clear to him now and he's worried that his wooden sword and shield might not do it.

He turns to Joel, worried he might not be able to handle all this.
"Look Joel, think about it a bit. The whole city has been ravaged after ONE night of this zombie crap, if it didn't spread so easy there wouldn't be so much damage and death.
I'm not saying we should shoot him , you're right in that we need a lot more information on this. But just try to be prepared for the worst..."


"Right, do we have some diesel? Or a tube to syphon diesel, because towing a fully loaded mini truck might not be the easiest thing to do. Oh, and Gareth do you have a batroom and a first aid kit?

Hugo goes looking trough the bar, cellar and top floor to see if there's anything interesting to find. He'll specifically look for a tube long enough to siphon gas, medical supplies and hygiene supplies.



[roll0]
+4 perception

Xealot7
2010-03-04, 03:33 PM
On her way out to the vehicle Mona calls back. "If you can snag one of the hoses off of the fountain drink nozzle, or on of the hoses that carries beer from a Keg to the tap, I can use that to siphon enough diesel to get us back in that truck."

Steckie
2010-03-04, 03:45 PM
Hugo

"Great idea, why didn't i think of that!"

Hugo grabs two hoses that are long enough. One of them he puts in his backpack for later use. The other one he gives to Mona so she can siphon over some diesel if she finds it.

Xsesiv
2010-03-04, 04:22 PM
A sign beside the "Staff Only" door indicates where a first aid kit was, as it has since been taken away. In the cellar stockroom you find several large boxes of liquid soap, meant for the dispensers in the toilets and kitchen, as well as some toilet rolls.

Torco
2010-03-04, 04:38 PM
OOC- so..... is there any diesel in any cars nearby?

Xsesiv
2010-03-04, 04:59 PM
OoC - There is an OoC thread.

You will have to find out by looking at the cars. I'm not going to tell you.

Torco
2010-03-04, 05:08 PM
Joel goes to check cars for diesel fuel.

Xsesiv
2010-03-04, 05:42 PM
Joel walks off looking for diesel cars. He finds two on the first street, down to about a quarter-tank each. As he rounds the first corner looking for more, a blood-drenched man in a sweater and khakis turns his head, sees him and stumbles towards him. With every other step, a ruined leg missing a large chunk of muscle nearly gives out and he almost falls flat on his face.

Xealot7
2010-03-04, 06:00 PM
Mona continues to keep an eye on the head chef, by the SUV, but she also turns to see what the commotion is over by Joel.

littlebottom
2010-03-04, 06:01 PM
"im afraid i only had the one gun there, i never needed more than one, myself.
and gareth became so genre savvy due to the fact that everybody in real life in that sort of a society has seen plenty of zombie movies, he doesnt actually know if any of these are 100% accurate, but they are the closest thing weve got, and well, he just took the films to heart when all this went off it seems. its not really meta-gaming when its so common knowledge, and i just decided to make the character that way

Torco
2010-03-04, 07:52 PM
Joel stands still for a second or two, studying the movement of the half-dead man. He can't quite understand how someone in such a state is able to move. He snaps out of it, tho', realizing the approaching guy's probably not going to act friendly. He gets inside quickly.

- Okay, people, there's two cars with diesel in them, but there's a zombie out there. Mona, you have a gun, keep him in your aim, but don't shoot until it's inevitable, the sound might attract more. I'll Load up the soap into one car, the rest should syphon the fuel into the other, since the minitruck and the Toyota are full.

He then hurries up and loads as much soap into the nearest car as fast as he can.

run [roll0] + base speed [6 yards per hour]
str [roll1] [carry as much soap as possible]

Xsesiv
2010-03-04, 08:05 PM
Joel loads several boxes of soap into the back of the car. The zombie is approaching clumsily but steadily all the while, dropping its stance every two steps. It is now about ten yards away, though the soap is loaded into the car.

Xealot7
2010-03-04, 08:14 PM
Mona fires one round at the zombies head.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]x5=15

Xsesiv
2010-03-04, 08:52 PM
The bullet smashes into the zombie's chin, ripping the lower jaw off, spinning the zombie around and hurling it to the floor to land face down. Instantly, it begins to get back up, delayed by the chunk missing from its leg.

As the shot went off, a chorus of groans came up from various places around you, in various shops, and a few sounding uncomfortably close - on the road, maybe...

Xealot7
2010-03-04, 09:01 PM
"Guys!!! Get the hell out here now!!! Drop what your doing and get out here!!!"

Mona runs to the SUV and fires it up then slides over into the passenger seat.

Steckie
2010-03-05, 12:54 AM
Hugo

Hugo is right behind Mona, once he sees her move over to the passenger seat, he gets behind the wheel.
"Crap, no time to get diesel for the mini truck. We'll have to tow it, so we can't drive too fast.
Gareth, Joel, Lamont: get in the car! Please! Leave that Cook behind, i'm not risking him sitting in the car with us while we're being chased by zombies. We'll get our information some other way."

Once everybody is in the car, Hugo pushes the button that locks all the doors from the inside. He immediatly drives away from Gareths bar after that, not wanting to stay here for any longer. He refuses to let the cook enter the car.

Torco
2010-03-05, 05:36 AM
Joel quickly checks the soap car for the keys [the one he stuffed full of soap]... if they're there, he'll take the wheel and drive it, shouting 'Go, go, go, go, go!'... he's used to driving motorbikes, but four-wheelers shouldn't be too hard to handle unless he attempts a daring maneuver [do I need a drive roll with some penalty?]. He'd like to stuff the cook in the trunk but he doesn't have the time. He won't stop him from getting in the car, but won't delay to take him either. If the keys aren't in the car, I guess we lost the soap; he'll take a bar or two and get onboard the Toyota. In any rate, he'll mumble to himself.

- Of course, shooting is always the answer, what could go wrong? a loud bang in zombieland should be perfectly safe... look at me, I'm an action hero wannabe, jeeee-sus christ.

Xealot7
2010-03-05, 11:36 AM
(OOC:) It was 10 yards away, she has no idea how fast they are, if they can run etc. She did however know that they are dangerous. What did you want her to do, just stand there? :smallconfused:)

P.S. I am going to be out of town until Monday, because my Daughter and Wife are flying down to see me. I'll be back and posting Sunday Night. DM feel free to have my character fade into the background, or whatever you see fit.

Xsesiv
2010-03-05, 12:23 PM
Lamont leaps into the car and pushes the chef (who was already inside it) out onto the road. The keys were not in the car, so Joel jumps into the SUV with a couple of bottles of liquid soap.

Hugo drives directly away from Gareth's bar, leading the vehicle right across the road and almost into the front of a Chinese restaurant. Instinctively, he wrenches the wheel sideways and the entire arrangement jack-knifes as the towed minitruck skids around the SUV in a wide arc, slamming into a couple of zombies you hadn't previously noticed, knocking them flying. Driving and Strength roll at +2 to not skid into the building.

Steckie
2010-03-05, 01:28 PM
Hugo

Hugo pulls on the steering wheel with all the force he has, desperatly trying to keep the SUV on the road and away from the building. The mini truck was pushing him in a direction he did not want to go in.


Hope i make it
[roll0]
+4 driving and +2 strength

Edit: You said at +2, if that's another bonus for me i forgot to calculate that. If so i'm at 11

Xealot7
2010-03-05, 02:59 PM
Mona says nothing, but braces for impact thinking, See what happens when you let a man drive.

Xsesiv
2010-03-05, 04:02 PM
Hugo wrenches the wheel aside with such force that the minitruck screeches around to face front again, lining up the wheels. He can now drive wherever he wants, unless he has any qualms about the zombies that are advancing from all angles, one newly missing a jaw, another an arm, another with a popped eye, aqueous and vitreous humor mixed with blood running down its face and soaking its collar.

Steckie
2010-03-05, 05:33 PM
Hugo

He made it, he's still alive! Hugo is a bit shaken, but very proud of himself. This has been the best round of driving he's done in years. The Toyota now feels like it's been his car for years, it saved the life of 5 people. Perhaps even 37 when they get the food to the prison. Hugo makes sure the car stays on the road, driving in the direction of the prison again to deliver the food. He ignores any zombies that cross his path. He doesn't drive too fast because he's still towing the mini truck.
"See what happens when you let a man drive, Mona?" Hugo says, not realizing that thought went trough her head seconds ago but without the positive tone. "I think me and my Toyota here could show you and your Dodge a thing or two. It may not have the looks or the sound of your car but it gets the bloody job done!
Perhaps i should give the Toyota a name. Hmm, how about Oliver?"

Hugo keeps on driving to the prison, unless somebody stops him because they see something. If not he'll drive the Toyota with the mini truck into the prison and lock the gate behind him.

I don't know if people in America can ever see the British show called "Top Gear". That's where the name "Oliver" comes from. They had a Botswana special in wich they drove some cheap cars across Botswana.
Richard Hammond named his 1963 Opel Kadett "Oliver" after that and had it shipped back to the UK.
Top Gear is a great show, so i snuck in that little reference because of Mona and Hugo's car background :smallsmile:

littlebottom
2010-03-05, 06:14 PM
Gareth hopes that if all the vehicles are gone, he was on one of them after having locked up the celler and such...

Xsesiv
2010-03-05, 06:15 PM
Top Gear is, in my opinion, appalling.

The SUV-towing-a-minitruck and wasting fuel trundles into the prison. Zweiger is there waiting for you.

"Well, we still need weapons, ammo, fuel, big containers, flashlights, and maybe medicines, tools, building materials and flares. But not bad at all." he says, looking over the (mainly highly alcoholic) supplies with barely suppressed irritation.

Steckie
2010-03-06, 04:18 AM
Hugo

"Well, it's all we could transport in one little truck. We'll need to do more than a few rounds to get all the stuff we need here. I'd say food and water are pretty important, maybe we should now focus on weapons and ammo. And more food if we find it.
How much time do we have until it gets dark again? Perhaps we could do another round today, but i really don't want to be out there when it gets dark."

He turns away from Zweiger, letting him handle how he unloads the mini truck and where he stores the food.
Instead he looks at Gareth.
"Are you alright? Seeing your bar like that must have not been pleasant. But at least you got your gun, right?"

After comforting Gareth for a bit, Hugo goes looking for diesel among the other cars. If he finds some, he'll siphon it over into the mini truck. He removes the tow rope and also fills up the Toyota.

Well, you're not the first American i've spoken to that says that. :smallsmile: Here in Europe it's pretty popular.

Xsesiv
2010-03-06, 04:44 PM
I know exactly how popular it is. And: How dare you? How very dare you? I am English!:smallfurious::smalltongue:

Zweiger grunts, looking over the food you've gathered. "Well, we needed fuel, and we could easily have done without barrel upon barrel of beer."he mutters, and has the food carried into the basement of Cell Block B which, if you remember, was very cold. "We've got enough time, but I'd rather you didn't go again. I've done a duty roster in the canteen, you'd best go and look at it."

Torco
2010-03-06, 05:23 PM
- I think we should go again; the need for fuel and med supplies isn't as urgent, but if those things start piling up around the prison and we don't have at least something to beat them up with we're screwed. That is, unless there's someone who is hurt and needs medical care, I can help with that. I'm thinking we rest for a bit and then go... besides, it's not like there's much to do around here, other than cleaning up, I imagine.

Xsesiv
2010-03-06, 05:31 PM
"I think someone should go again. I don't think you should."

Torco
2010-03-06, 05:40 PM
- Why, because we brought back some beer? It's not easy over there, and we still managed to bring back food and water for a few days *without anyone getting so much as a scratch* Hugo's a great driver under stress, Mona's a good shoot, even if a bit prone to loosing her cool and shooting too soon, I can shoot a gun, if I ever get my hands on one, and Gareth's... cold blooded. Unless the others are too tired I say we're the best suited for the job... we've done kind of amazing so far, don't you think?.

littlebottom
2010-03-06, 06:00 PM
"hey, im not cold blooded, im just level headed. and anyway, this beer, we know is clean, most water, we have no idea if it is infected with a virus that made people these zombies anyway, we dont know the cause of the zombies yet, so its better to be safe than sorry, so what do we know is clean? my beer for one. and of course, i thought we could use the barrels for storage afterwards aswell, so i was killing 2 birds with one stone, its not like im going to let people drink themselves silly, its going to be rationed of course."

Torco
2010-03-06, 06:04 PM
- The cold hearted guy is right. - Joel says in a sarcastic, playful tone, smiling. Besides, the city just went to **** and thousands died, a little beer seems to be in order.

Xsesiv
2010-03-06, 06:06 PM
"No, I don't cre that you brought back beer, despite not wanting everyone drunk on guard duty, because I don't want you exhausting yourselves and ending up not coming back, so we lose people and don't even get any supplies for the effort. And I was aware of the contamination crisis, which is why I specifically worte down bottled water. I'm sending out someone else. You're needed elsewhere."

littlebottom
2010-03-06, 06:08 PM
"yes and we would of got bottled water, had it not been looted in mass before hand when everyone was looting."

Steckie
2010-03-07, 03:05 AM
Hugo

"First, lets see what we're needed for. Let's go check out that list and see what he wrote down for us. If it doesn't suit or talents or is perhaps even more frikkin' dangerous than looting, we can always refuse. It's not like we swore fealty to king Zweiger The First here."
Hugo is not amused by Zweigers efforts to give them jobs without even asking a single thing. He thought he made himself clear before they left that they would want to be included in the leadership he's setting up here.

"Zweiger, do you have a list of people here and what they used to do for work? It would be interesting to know what we have here. And i mean interesting for us too, not you alone."

Thousands upon thousand of apologies, i didn't know you were English :smallsmile:
I assumed by your posting hours that you were from somewhere in the Americas

Xsesiv
2010-03-07, 12:01 PM
"I have told you before. I'm not running a leadership. I'll leave decisions up to the people, but somebody needs to get this place organised, and I am the one to do it. Well, everyone that I don't know to have a specific talent that's useful - interpretive dance students and suchlike - will be given basic training with a gun and posted to guard duty. Anyone who's got any food service experience goes to the kitchen duty. That will take so long you'll be excused guard duty." He points at Gareth. "We'll likely need a mechanic to keep what little we have working, and a doctor," He indicates Joel and Mona. "but when there's no work, they can do guard duty too. And we need a latrine dug, we need at least two groups of foragers, we'll eventually need laundry done..." He looks right at Hugo with his most authoritative stare. "It's not just you, by the way. Not everyone's happy with what they've been allotted, you know, and I didn't pick them to spite you, but if everyone picked the easy jobs, nothing would get done, would it?"

He pulls out a list. "There you are, knock yourself out. And I couldn't help but hear you lot screaming about who you are and what you do half the night, so I've not needed to ask."

Torco
2010-03-07, 12:51 PM
- Ooooh right, you're not the 'leader', you let the decisions up to the people, but someone has to tell everyone what to do and tell them that if they don't like them they have been alloted, by you, mind you, the social order would collapse. never mind that leadership is precisely that, you commie. You insult our intelligence implying that we would buy into your bull. ¿is Liberty really so fragile? this is America, and not some soviet republic, and I'm not gonna do what I'm told by some self-appointed communist part leader just because there's zombies out there and he thinks he's the most suited to lead. Me and the guys risked our lives trying to get these forty people food and water, we deserve better than to be treated like kids. I, for one, am going out there in a while. We still need guns, med supplies, and one thing king Zweiger forgot to mention: information. I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants to know what's going on here. Anyone who wants to is free -Joel puts extra emphasis on the word free, almost shouting it- to come dance with the zombies out there with me. For now, excuse me, I have to pee


Joel then goes to find somewhere to pee... maybe a high window overlooking the streets or a sewer entrance.

[¿what time is it, btw?]

Xsesiv
2010-03-07, 01:05 PM
"Fine then. Hate me if you want, but nobody's cared about Communism since the 1950s, and obviously we can't all do what we want. We need to know what we're doing, or we'll all get killed. If you go out there when you've already been and you're tired, and you get yourself killed, we're missing someone, we don't bring back as much food, we have one less guard, and our chances for survival as a group go down. So I'm sending somebody else.

I'm not going to eat any more food than anyone else, I'm not going to do any less work, I'm just getting this place organised. I can't see what the problem is. I brought you here, and I don't care if you don't like the way it's run.

Information? Zombies are trying to kill us. We don't know how, we don't know why, we only know our lives are in mortal danger and we need something to protect them. And that means pulling together as a community.

For Christ's sake, I'm not trying to get an easy ride here. I don't want to be a leader, I just want people to survive. Any decisions needed, I will put down to a vote. But I know I can get people organised. I was a prison warden, it's my talent. You, meanwhile, are attacking me for no good reason. I don't know any more than you do."

Torco
2010-03-07, 02:15 PM
- I don't care who you send, Zweiger. It's not about you, and who you send or don't send; I'm going. We need to know what's going on, we need to get the word out to the military, or the police, or the government, or someone, for Christ's sake. Evidently there was more survivors, maybe there's other communities such as ours, and if there are we need to work together, maybe trade. Hell, there might be army patrols near the highway, for all we know, and here we are, bickering about who you send or don't send.

- Anyway, screw that. ¿does anyone need a doctor before I go for another tour?

Steckie
2010-03-07, 02:22 PM
Hugo

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, lets all calm down here for a bit. Joel, you're taking it a bit too far with all the communism and dictatorship nonsense. I think it's better if we..........."
But he is too late, he sees Joel walking off to find someplace to pee. Joels words about freedom didn't really mean much to him. That 'all-American-spirit' wasn't really his thing, he was from Belgium and he moved here. All that American nationalism didn't really mean anything to him. Nor was Belgian nationalism important to him, he just wanted to live his life in relative comfort. He turns to Zweiger.

"Zweiger, i know i was the first to say 'King Zweiger', but that is just me and my big mouth, i sometimes can't seem to stop making stupid jokes.
He's right that someone needs to make sure things get done here, and we were out looking for supplies so we couldn't be around for all the voting and job assigning, now could we?
Zweiger, i will try to stop giving you such a hard time leading this prison. I will however not stop joking around about it. I may call you 'King' every now and than, or bow down to you, or try to kiss the ring of 'His Holiness Pope Zweiger'. Just try to ignore it, it's my way of relaxing a bit. I need to say things like that to blow off some steam."

He looks Zweiger in the eyes. He just got a lot more respect for the man.
"Give me a shovel, My Padishah Emperor, and i will dig you a latrine so glorious it will be considered the 8th wonder of the world!"

He sees Joel coming back from his little pee and immediatly start attacking Zweiger again. He can’t really call him out on it, since he started it for a bit with his King-talk.
“If you really want to go down there again Joel, do whatever you want. But i think he does have a point, we need to divide the work.
Think about what people will start saying if all you do is drive to the city, but never do something up here? They get to dig latrines, cook food, stand guard, etc. While you get to go down there, pick up whatever you want and then come back up here while acting all heroic and expecting them to be very gratefull.
I know that it’s dangerous there, but just assuming you’re the best man for the job is not going to do you any good.

So, do whatever you want, i’m going to contribute to the work up here and go back down when it’s my turn.
I think that is what leadership is all about.”

You all just saw the drawback of Hugo in action. He's a Clown, so inappropriate jokes are his thing.

Xealot7
2010-03-07, 03:17 PM
Mona says nothing but tries to find something to dig with so she can help Hugo dig a latrine.

Torco
2010-03-07, 03:28 PM
Joel's accent starts to become a bit more 'urban'. He does calm down, however.

- Do what you gotta do, bro, I don't 'get to' go out there, it's not like some big party with the zees, know wha-I-sayin'?. And I don't want to be treated like a hero, but we do deserve some respect.

Joel starts his bike and rides into the city again, looking for guns and other survivors.

Xealot7
2010-03-07, 03:35 PM
Mona shakes her head... "That boy is gonna get himself killed, it's just a matter of time."

Xsesiv
2010-03-07, 04:15 PM
Zweiger shakes his head wordlessly at Joel as he leaves. "If I didn't think we needed every man we could get, I'd say I wasn't sad to see him go. I don't know what he thought I was going to gain by not letting the place become an anarchy. I'm not enjoying this any more than you!" he adds, bellowing the words at Joel's retreating back. "For the record, I don't know what he was saying."

He walks over to one of the pick-up trucks and retreives a couple of shovels from the back. "Useful to have a couple of agriculture students here," he says, grinning, handing one to Mona and one to Hugo, before taking one himself. "I suppose we're going to have to get rid of the...ahem...sewage somehow. That'll be another duty...Come on, anyway." He strolls off towards the far end of the prison yard.

@Joel: The streets are now full of the living dead, alerted by Mona's pistol shot, and not diluted by living people this time. After driving into town, you see a huge crowd of them at a crossroads just off the high street.

Torco
2010-03-07, 04:30 PM
Joel will drive a couple kilometers away from the prison and the zombies. Now that he's got some calm on his hands, and assuming that he's in no immediate danger, Joel will take his time examining the zombies. he's got pretty good eyesight, so he can keep his distance. He'll study their speed, observing if there's any fast zombies of if all of them shamble slowly. He'll check their hearing, making increasingly loud noises and checking their responses, and their eyesight by similar means.

[what do I roll... per+eyesight? int+medicine?.. they're [roll0] and [roll1] respectively, just in case]

Xsesiv
2010-03-07, 04:33 PM
Most of them are shuffling - the least injured are walking at a speed roughly 3/4 of that of the average human, but running seems to be beyond them. Meanwhile, their senses do not seem to have been affected by death. They notice Joel's noises and movement straight away and begin to shuffle or walk towards him.

Torco
2010-03-07, 04:33 PM
yay! natural 10... checking for rule of 10:

[roll0]

so total medicine roll of 20... does Joel get any info about their necrology?

EDIT: oh! you posted inbetween. :P
[of course, he'll motorbike away half a click or so if they get too close]

Xsesiv
2010-03-07, 04:39 PM
No, not by looking at them. You'd need to capture or kill one and make a various Perception, Intelligence, Medicine and Research rolls to do some sort of autopsy.

Steckie
2010-03-07, 05:02 PM
Hugo

Hugo starts digging the latrine where Zweiger pointed. While digging he talks to Mona and Zweiger.
"You're right, Zweiger, we do need every man we can get and Joel is becoming more of a liability than an asset. He goes off driving trough the city wasting fuel that we're already short. And he doesn't bring back anything usefull. If i can find a nice chain and a lock, i'm locking up that bike of him next time he comes back, IF he comes back."

"So, what is on the list after this latrine?"

Xsesiv
2010-03-07, 05:13 PM
"After the latrine," says Zweiger, removing his jacket and beginning to dig, "we should probably just do the other jobs. Guard duty and such. Kitchen duty, with that food. I think I've put you on the day shift for guards, actually. Go and have a look - when we've finished this latrine of course. Unless you think there's something more pressing to do?"

@Joel: The zombies' awkward shuffling has one clear benefit; they do move. And when they do, they're forced to spread out. Eventually, you find a few of them in front of you, blocking nearly all of the road ahead between two badly parked, trashed cars. And backing up would lead you to the zombie crowd behind you. One of them has only one hand with fingers, a gunshot having mangled the other. The other three are relatively unharmed, despite the bite marks that cover them.

Steckie
2010-03-07, 05:25 PM
Hugo

Once the latrine is finished Hugo goes to check the list and he has indeed been assigned guard duty. He goes to the northern guard tower as specified on the list to replace the guard there.
"Hey mate, i'm Hugo, i've come to take over. I hope i didn't need to bring my own gun because i don't have one. Anything interesting to see out there?"

Once the other person is gone, Hugo will turn his eyes away from the prison and tries to spot if there's something that might threaten the prison. If the person leaves his gun, he will pick it up, check the bullets and hold it as comfortable as possible

guard duty roll:
[roll0]
The +4 is my perception

Xsesiv
2010-03-07, 05:32 PM
The latrine is now a big hole, with a pile of earth beside it. "Best get some kind of seat set up," says Zweiger. "Shouldn't be too hard, plywood and a few nails..." He writes a couple of scribbles down on his pad and walks off to the kitchen.

Hugo, at the guard tower, recieves a fully loaded hunting rifle. "There you are. We don't have enough of these to go round, I'm afraid," says the guard who was doing the last shift, handing it to him. The guard duty is harder than it sounds due to the forests that surround the prison, and besides the obscuring of vision, there are quiet rustles of leaves, creaking or cracking branches and the calls of wild animals keeping everyone specifically looking and listening on constant alert. There are two searchlights up here and on every other tower that were for some inexplicable reason not taken away.

Torco
2010-03-07, 06:43 PM
Joel stops the bike some 7 yards before bumping into the shambling dead ahead, against a flat wall without windows or doors if possible, on one side of the road. The zombie crowd should be quite a way behind him, since his bike goes way faster than them, and he's not going to needlessly engage those four. He'll stand in front of them, throw the empty water bottle he drank earlier, throwing stones and otherwise taunting them into leaving the road bottleneck, allowing him to pass through.

- Okay, let's check if you dead folk can think.

Xealot7
2010-03-07, 06:51 PM
After digging the latrine, Mona checks the list and heads to her next place of appointed duty. (I don't see a list... where is it, and what do I have next?)

Xsesiv
2010-03-07, 07:35 PM
Why bother taunting them? The projectiles bounce off the zombies having very little noticable effect, as they had already began shambling towards you before you'd started throwing things.

The list, as I said before, is in the cafeteria. Mona has been assigned to "mechanic detail" - under which there is a note reading guard or kitchen duty if no work available. Currently, all that needs doing is siphoning fuel to more important vehicles. The current work periods last until dusk.

littlebottom
2010-03-07, 07:43 PM
back at the bat cave DANANANANANADANANANANANAAAA! batman survays the dirt!

........

*ahem* Gareth walks across roughly towards the kitchin, although along the way, he checks the soil outside, seeing its worth for growing plants.

agriculture [roll0]

littlebottom
2010-03-07, 07:51 PM
[roll0] my actual roll, ignore last posts roll, im going crazy

Xealot7
2010-03-07, 08:02 PM
Mona will siphon what fuel needs to be siphoned, then will start with some kitchen duty since Hugo is on guard duty.

Xsesiv
2010-03-07, 08:02 PM
+agriculture 5+perception 2=10

The soil has a lot of clay, so wouldn't be ideal...but with a little fertiliser and better drainage and so on, it should be fine. Of course, it'll be fine anyway for rearing livestock.

Mona siphons the fuel into the bigger cars and the minitruck, with half a tank of gasoline in one smaller car left over.

Gareth goes into the kitchen, where there are eight or ten men and women running about opening tins to prepare a soup in a huge pot. One of them, a short, middle-aged brown-haired woman who has somehow laid hands on an apron, smiles over at him. "Come to help?" she asks. "You can get to opening some of these tins, please." She indicates the pile of tins on a counter. "You too, she adds, as Mona enters. So, how have you been?" she asks, though the question is rhetorical; nobody is leaping up and down with glee recently.

littlebottom
2010-03-07, 08:08 PM
"come to help? no, i hadnt but i suppose being active and volenteering like a pro-active person would. infact like a good leader would... strange, saying that, wheres zweiger?"

Xsesiv
2010-03-07, 08:12 PM
"Here I am," says Zweiger, raising his hand as he opens a tin of meat.

littlebottom
2010-03-07, 08:15 PM
"ah good to see you doing something around here, so far ive only seen you tell all the aparently decided today important people off into the danger zone, like the mechanic for example and the doctor. of course, it must of just been a simple mistake, no worry, they survived. oh and by the way, im a little later getting here than i would of been because i just inspected the soil outside, ive got a degree in agriculture you see. you just assumed i was a useless nobody didnt you and the soil, its not perfect, but with some fertilizer, we have a slightly longer term solution to some food and water troubles."

Xsesiv
2010-03-07, 08:36 PM
"First off, I didn't send them, they volunteered. Secondly, they're just as useful as everyone else here, and I assumed people confident enough to volunteer would be less likely to do themselves or someone else a mischief, and so get more of us killed. And about the prison yard, that's great, if we can afford to get fertiliser and seeds up here at some point. Come on then, let's get this food on the go." He pours the meat into the pot.

littlebottom
2010-03-07, 08:40 PM
"well, im no master chef, but i can cook pretty well, almost semi-profesionally ive been told.... soup seems.... all too easy, but nessesary i understand." Gareth sighs and rolls up his sleves and looks around for another apron, although likely in vain.

Xsesiv
2010-03-07, 08:53 PM
It is indeed in vain, there is no other apron. "I had this one in my car when I left the college," says the woman. "I am - was - a caterer."

Torco
2010-03-07, 11:05 PM
Joel waits a few seconds untill a decent gap, and then rides the bike around the few zombies and continues on his way, being careful not to ride into any narrow streets or otherwise complicated street settings [this is, trying not to get boxed in again]. The engine is probably doing noise and alerting zombies, he figures, so he gets some speed, advances a few hundred meters silently [that is, with the engine off] and then walks besides the bike unless he's in danger.

He keeps his eyes peeled for stores, gas stations, cars in a decent state of repair, particularly wealthy-looking houses, and useful stuff in general.

SPOT: [roll0]

Xsesiv
2010-03-08, 10:24 AM
Joel sees stores, gas stations, cars in a decent state of repair, particularly wealthy-looking houses, and useful stuff in general. They have not disappeared.

Steckie
2010-03-08, 11:09 AM
Hugo

Hugo checks the search light in his tower. Would it still be able to work?
He doesn't know anything about electric circuits.
Besides, they don't have any electricity here, and he doesn't think they will be able to get some in the near future.

Once his guard duty is over, Hugo will go to the kitchen and check the list to see what other jobs he has.
He also checks the list for the jobs of Mona, Gareth and Joel.
He pays specific attention to what Joel was supposed to do if he hadn't went outside to do some joyriding.

Xsesiv
2010-03-08, 11:36 AM
The searchlight seems fine, but of course you don't know about these things.

Hugo's guard shift lasts until dusk (kindly do not skip periods of several hours in the future without asking:smalltongue:).

Meanwhile, the food has been cooked. Unfortunately there is no cutlery, so people have to drink it from empty water bottles. Some is brought out to Hugo as a pickup truck driven by another party arrives, the back filled with another few flat packs of food, some tools and a couple of small barrels of diesel. Still no medical supplies or building equipment...

Xealot7
2010-03-08, 11:37 AM
While in the kitchen Mona gets and idea. "Hey Zweiger, I just thought about something... I wonder how hard it would be to conver the old power source for the electric chair into a generator of some sort. Think I'm gonna go have a quick look at that. Anyone with any experience with electronics or engines or the such, feel free to come along."

Steckie
2010-03-08, 11:58 AM
Hugo

Hugo looks down and yells to the party that just got back from the city:
"Welcome back, is see you found some more food! Found any rifles you would be willing to share?"

His meal had been brougth up, but he couldn't go back down yet.
Once the party from the pickup gives an answer, Hugo will get back to looking around, checking to see if there's dangerous stuff.

Torco
2010-03-08, 12:16 PM
Joel sees stores, gas stations, cars in a decent state of repair, particularly wealthy-looking houses, and useful stuff in general. They have not disappeared.

....
He checks all of those for guns.

littlebottom
2010-03-08, 06:38 PM
gareth follows mona saying "well, we already have a generator that runs off of deisal, but if you could turn it into some sort of dynamo generator, that we can always get power from, even if its only a little in case of emegancys, that would help."

Xsesiv
2010-03-09, 06:02 AM
@Joel: The first shop in sight has not been looted; a staton nearby has. There is a very large house a few miles off in suburbia but Joel can't tell it's lootedness status.

@Gareth & Mona: A couple of mechanics,electronics and engineering students follow you, as well as an overweight professor. The professor takes a look at the machine. "I don't know...this is basically a big capacitor. If we wanted to make it into a generator we'd need a fundamental rebuild, and it probably would be easier to convert the generator in the plant."

Torco
2010-03-09, 07:54 AM
Joel enters the unlooted shop, to begin with, hoping the former shopkeeper was one of those guys who kept a shotgun below the counter or something. He checks it thoroughly

Xsesiv
2010-03-09, 01:28 PM
The door will not open, and the windows are Plexiglas. This is likely the reason it was not looted.

Torco
2010-03-09, 01:46 PM
Joe Kicks the door just beside the doorknob, hoping to break the door open, staying near the bike just in case the noise alerts any narby zees.

[roll0] (+5 if my brawling skill applies to the roll, which I don't know if it will)

Torco
2010-03-09, 01:47 PM
hell!

[roll0]

... newpes... no critical

Xsesiv
2010-03-09, 02:52 PM
Roll kick damage against the door.

Torco
2010-03-09, 05:49 PM
[roll0](+1 for the 15 roll) x6 (STR+1)

6x4=24
BAM!

Xsesiv
2010-03-09, 06:15 PM
Joel boots the door with such force it falls off its hinges and slams against the floor. He hears a noise uncomfortably like muffled, hurried voices from the back room.

Torco
2010-03-09, 06:34 PM
Joel takes the bike's handle and steps inside, looking around the shop. A couple meters into it he takes the keys off the ignition and opens the door to the back room.

- Hi? Is anyone who's not a zombie in there?

Xsesiv
2010-03-09, 06:42 PM
As Joel opens the door there is a chorus of clicks and a voice in the shadows calls out, "Yes there is, and we planned on staying here, before you knocked our door off its hinges. Out. Now."

Torco
2010-03-09, 08:02 PM
- Oh, oaky, sorry about that

The man gets out and heads for the nearest police station or gun shop.

littlebottom
2010-03-09, 08:12 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO dont go to the police station! we dont want resident evil 2 all over again!

Gareth wanders about with a spare moment, and checks for more viable ares which it would be pheasable to plant crops.