PDA

View Full Version : The Mountains of Nerull

Volthawk
2010-02-28, 02:19 PM
There is a town called Coningdale, which was a hub for all kinds of people. Traders, adventurers, hustlers... You name it, someone was there doing it. The reason for this was the mountains. The Mountains of Nerull. The whole reason there were so many people here. Coningdale was the final stop for anyone who would attempt to go to the Mountains, either by the river or on foot. These mountains were mostly unexplored, as they were filled with all kinds of undead. That was also why so many adventurers came here, looking for opportunities.

It is night, and all of you are here, in Coningdale. Or more accurately, the local tavern, The Wandering Minstrel. It is quite busy, with some mages showing off in one corner, trying to impress the locals with their magic, warriors exchanging stories, each trying to outdo the one before, bards entertaining any who would pay attention, and in the corner, a gambler and the local smiths trying to chat up a barmaid. All this is interrupted, however, when one of the night watchmen runs into the tavern, yelling "Skeletons coming from the mountains! Anyone who can fight, get to the barracks! Everyone else, come with me! We need to get to the docks!". Most of the room, as most people here are adventurers or guards, rush out the room, heading to the barracks, leaving civilians and some adventurers and guards who hadn't reacted yet.

Krystan
2010-02-28, 02:38 PM
Krystan looks around at the others who hadn't reacted yet, but doesn't wait long, picks up his stuff and runs outside to see where everyone is going to. He doesn't run to the barracks or the docks yet.

Malfunctioned
2010-02-28, 02:48 PM
Mec steps up from the crowd of fellow warriors around him and downs the rest of his ale. He opens his mouth and a deep, gravelly voice comes out.
"Just when I was starting to enjoy myself......"

Picking up the heavy club at his side, Mec exits the tavern and hurries towards the barracks.

Goldfly
2010-02-28, 02:53 PM
Hevel Delocke was sitting in the tavern, thinking to himself about how different the town of Coningdale was to the plains he grew up on.As soon as the man who was talking finished, he sat up, and began to talk. "When I was 17, I was fishing with my..."Suddenly, he was intterupted by a man who claimed there were skeletons coming from the mountains!Hevel lept to his feet, and ran out the door toward the barracks. "Perhaps my abilities will be of use here, after all..."He thought, as he ran past the other adventurers and guards, preparing to do what was necessary to help the people of the town.

Gaiyamato
2010-02-28, 03:47 PM
Sseren remained seated where he was. He knew that he was of little use in the upcoming fight. Skeletons.. pfeh he thought to himself. It would need to be a lot to even bother with, the others are more than capable.
Sseren was seated well back in the bar, hiding behind the crowd. Buried deep in his robes, nothing but a pool of blackness showing where his scarred face might normally peer from. He was happy in the shadows and there he intended to remain.

Tanaric
2010-02-28, 05:42 PM
Ian looks up from the cowl of his cloak as his conversation on the finer points of mountaineering is interrupted. He sighs as his conversation partner gets up and dashes for the door, then reluctantly pushes his chair back and reaches for his hook-tipped walking stave. "Learn by doing, they say..." he murmurs as he walks toward the door.

Outside, he swivels his head about, muttering under his breath. "Barracks. Right. Barracks. Where in blazes do they keep those? Never seems to make sense, wherever it is..." He strides off to the northwest, aiming for the center of the town, staff stabbing at the ground every second step to aid his movement.

Demons_eye
2010-02-28, 05:43 PM
It was times like this Marrgo wished he learned the arts of the long ranged blast. It would have been so easy to kill them that way but sadly he did not. Marrgo stormed out of the tavern looking for others and prepares to fight.

"Cold day in hell before I die to the dead."

Gadora
2010-02-28, 09:21 PM
A short, thin man looks up from his examination of his table's craftsmanship.

"Hm? Skeletons? Well, Father would never forgive me if I didn't help out, so... Now where did I put..." He rummages around in his backpack and comes out with a spiked gauntlet. "Ah, there you are." He then follows the crowd to the barracks, putting on his gauntlet on the way.

Krystan
2010-03-01, 04:14 AM
As people run past him, Krystan stands outside the tavern considering his options. I came here mostly out of curiosity. I didn't expect the town would actually be attacked. I wonder if this happens often here... Let's see... It's night and it's going to get dangerous. Better not be alone. Running away to the docks? I guess they want to prepare evacuation by the river? ... Hmmm I am too curious, I want to know more about these undead. All right, Psi, we might get into some trouble, but we didn't come here for nothing so... Let's get to the barracks... Oh wait. Skeletons. I wonder if my crossbow will be so efficient against them. I should ask for a club or something. Krystan now runs towards the barracks.

Volthawk
2010-03-01, 11:14 AM
At the barracks, the local Sheriff, decked out in chainmail and wielding a halberd, surveys his volunteers and start to talk. "Alright, people. I cannot promise we will win. I cannot promise you will survive. But I do promise that if it is the last thing I do, I will stop these fleshless freaks right here, right now. I hope you will do the same."

Back in the tavern, most people have left, but a few remain, either indecisive or still in shock.

Krystan
2010-03-01, 12:37 PM
Krystan arrives at the barracks a bit behind most of the others and stays in the back of the group while they listen to the Sheriff. He can't promise we will win?? This is really really serious... I have no intention of giving my life for this town. He's full of questions but doesn't dare to interrupt the Sheriff. From where he is, he looks around for a town guard. He would like to ask if they have some simple bludgeoning weapons in reserve that he could use, like a club or mace.

Goldfly
2010-03-01, 04:27 PM
After listening to the sheriff's speech, Hevel grabs his large, gnarled greataxe from his back, thinking to himself "One more battle, one more victory."He straightens up to his full heights, and attempts to spot the skeletons that are approaching the town.

Spot Check:[roll0]

Volthawk
2010-03-01, 04:29 PM
Hevel doesn't see anything, but a guard assures him they're there. "The guy who saw them is one of our best watchmen, I'd trust him with watching over me even if my life was a risk".

Gadora
2010-03-01, 07:13 PM
"Hm, um, Sir? Might I ask if... That is... Do we know how many?"

Demons_eye
2010-03-01, 07:23 PM
"Will we wait or bring the fight to them?" Marrgo knew some towns and cities preferred to battle in the open field as to not dirty up the city, he hoped this was not the case.

Sahaar
2010-03-01, 09:02 PM
Silent up until this point, Goldenscale draws his weapon. I say fight them. Those things can't be allowed into the city.

He rolls his shoulders and flexes. The Dragon is prepared to fight.

Gaiyamato
2010-03-01, 10:15 PM
As Sseren sat comfortably in his chair at the inn his eyes wandered over the features of the maid as she hurriedly cleared the mess in the room.
Slowly and carefully he took a small sip of his cup of water, his eyes never leaving her.

Volthawk
2010-03-02, 12:08 PM
At the barracks, there are general shouts and murmurs, with a wide variety of people preparing themselves for battle. These are responded to by the Sheriff. "We will wait for them here, and no, we don't know how many, but they are mindless. We are not. We can plan."

In the tavern, the person who had told everyone was now telling people "Do you wanna die? Because that's what might happen if you don't get your ass out of here right now. Get moving.", which moved most the crowd.

Krystan
2010-03-02, 12:41 PM
Krystan tries to find a guard to ask for a club or mace from the barracks weapon reserve so he has a better weapon to deal with skeletons. If given this opportunity, he will also ask if this is the first time there's such an attack from undead against the town. Excuse me? I only have a crossbow for hunting animals, but I am willing to help with the fight if only I could have a better weapon against skeletons. Do you have some extra bludgeoning weapons here like a club or mace that I could use?

Volthawk
2010-03-02, 12:44 PM
The guard says "Oh, yeah. Wait a sec.", quickly looking a chest. "Here you go" he says, handing you a flail. "I'll need it back, if we win, though."

Krystan
2010-03-02, 01:08 PM
Krystan looks a bit embarrassed. I am afraid I have no expertise at all with that weapon. You don't have a simple club or mace? After he gets a weapon he can handle, he asks the guard: Is this the first time the town is attacked by undead?

elonin
2010-03-02, 04:52 PM
Lance waits overlong at the tavern knowing that skeletons are not his strong suite. After this hesitation he does spring to action quickly going to the barracks with his bow in his hand with an arrow knocked. Seeing someone, apparently a quartermaster, handing out weapons to others he asks Pardon me sir. Do you have any arrows that would work better against skeletons? I'm an archer but these are not the type of arrows that one would use against that sort of target.

roughly the sort of arrows being asked for are the blunt arrows from A&E

When the opportunity presents itself he will attempt a spot check to find the skeletons [roll0]

Sahaar
2010-03-02, 05:49 PM
Goldenscale turns to his companions. What are you guys going on about 'get me something that works good agains skeletons? Skill! Skill is what works best against skeletons, that's what.

He then turns around and begins to sharpen his scimitar.

So, when do the bones get here? I want to be ready.

Demons_eye
2010-03-02, 06:17 PM
Marrgo hears others talk about weapons and is also annoyed. This is why he trained in the arts of unarmed combat, no weapon was better then your own body.

"We let them come, fine, but our survival depends on those with out weapons to kill the dead and some that lack the abilities to do it? How many came tripping out of the bar tonight, not of fear but of the drink?"

Sahaar
2010-03-02, 06:43 PM
If you mean how many are drunk..... Goldenscale looks around him, at the (NPC) patrons of the barracks, some were hiccuping.

I'd say a good third of them. That's okay, Marr, more for us to kill, no? Besides, I thought the civvies were being evacuated?

The half-dragon sheaths his sword and slings his shield over his back.

Well, if the bone-heads aren't knocking at our door just yet, I'm going to outfit some spikes for my shield. Be back in a sec, guys.

Goldenscale buys shield spikes for 10gp. He has 166 gp left.

Malfunctioned
2010-03-02, 07:24 PM
Mec looks over the group that has assembled in the barracks.
"Enough talk, where are these abominations and when can we start sending them back to their graves?"
He heaves his club into a more combat worthy stance.

Gaiyamato
2010-03-02, 08:03 PM
Sseren raises his head and looks at the man ordering everyone into the fight.
Quietly he spoke, his voice a soft hiss.
"If I were of any assistance in fighting undead I would surely join and gladly aid the defence. But my talents are not for fighting, they lie elsewhere. I would only hinder the defenders if I were to try and join." he nods to the others as they leave and scans the room to see how many and whom is left in the bar.

Sahaar
2010-03-02, 08:09 PM
Goldenscale draws his sword, and smiles. It's been far too long since I've fought the undead. I can't wait 'til I can send the damned back to their graves.

He looks to Mec. I bet 5gp I can kill more than you.

Goldfly
2010-03-02, 09:04 PM
Hevel looks around the crowd, and spots the short, draconic humanoid speaking to a large, muscled Orc. Curious, he walks over to the pair, and says "Name's Hevel Delocke,and I'll take you up on that bet.Just need for those foul monsters to show themselves."He hefts his axe, grimaces, and says "I haven't been in a good fight in some time, anyway."

Krystan
2010-03-03, 04:41 AM
Krystan ignores the comments of the Half-Dragon and the Warlock and only thinks by himself Yeah I got some skills all right. But we're not stupid either, right Psi?

Sahaar
2010-03-03, 07:07 AM
Goldenscale, the rest of the adventuring party, and the local guard reach
the parapet overlooking the mountainside gate of the town.

Not too far off in the distance, he can see a mass of white. The Skeleton army.

So who is leading this army? Skeletons don't decide to get up out of their graves and attack random cities do they?

Volthawk
2010-03-03, 01:49 PM
"We don't know" the Sheriff admits, but suddenly a guard rushes in from outside.

"Sir! The skeletons... They're an illusion!"

At the tavern, the man says "Alright, time to go. You have to get out of here!".

Krystan
2010-03-03, 03:26 PM
Krystan doesn't say anything. He waits for what the sheriff will do next. He stands immobile, stupefied by the guards' notice.

elonin
2010-03-03, 04:48 PM
Lance will remove his arrow from the bow and return it to his quiver. So what is our next move? If that is an illusion then what was it's purpose?

Demons_eye
2010-03-03, 04:59 PM
"Only two things about this I can see. One: they are not an illusion and are still coming or. Two: It was a detraction. Maybe to get to something in the town that someone wanted. We should start looking for things out of place. Is anyone here quick? If so they should come with me for reconnaissances. "

Only pausing for a second to hear for any complaints or explanations Marrgo goes off checking the outskirts of the small town looking for something that might lead him to what was going on.

Goldfly
2010-03-03, 05:26 PM
Hevel turns, and follows Marrgo, saying "I will join you in your endeavor."

Gaiyamato
2010-03-03, 05:38 PM
Slowly and in a very irritated state Sseren rises from his seat and moves toward the door. He pauses in the doorway to make sure that all of him is well covered and peers out into the empty street to see if anyone else is about.

Sahaar
2010-03-03, 05:43 PM
Following Marr and Havel, Goldenscale sheaths his sword and sighs.

Just an illusion? Nobody could mobilize a fake army that size just as a stupid prank. This HAS to be a distraction. Perhaps they are coming from the other way--

Goldenscale's eyes open wide.

The boats! The boats evacuing the citizens! Those are opposite the mountains are they not? Perhaps they are coming from that way!

elonin
2010-03-03, 05:51 PM
I'll join you, though I wonder how that guard confirmed the skeletons are an illusion. He didn't try to engage them on his own me thinks. With that the archer joins the group that is leaving to investigate.

Gadora
2010-03-03, 11:18 PM
Madoc is rather confused by this development, and waits for the sheriff to react.

Volthawk
2010-03-04, 01:04 PM
"Alright boyo. What happened?" the Sherrif asks the guard.

"Well, I saw this horse behind the skeletons. It ran straight through the skeletons, and that's when it hit me. They were an illusion. Trust me sir, look yourself." the guard replies.

"...Fine"

The Sheriff climbs up to the roof, and in the barracks all that can be heard is a quiet "Well I'll be damned..."

The Sheriff drops down and shouts "Alright people. It really is fake. Polda, Lekki, Weckly, go around town. Tell everyone what happened and tell them to come here. Fo, go the docks. Tell them it's safe."

Krystan
2010-03-04, 03:24 PM
Krystan's mouth falls open with amazement and he can barely hold his laughter. He looks at the others standing around to share his surprise and amusement. Then his expression turns more serious but something must still have caused that illusion He thanks the guard who gave him a weapon and returns it back.

When the call goes out to form a reconaissance group to check things in town, he thinks who knows? I would like to go see that illusion, but I am not going there alone at night.

As the Sheriff apparently wants to gather everyone at the barracks, Krystan decides not to leave the neighbourhood but he does walk slowly outside the building to look around a bit and to think quietly about the event there was a horse running through the illusion. Did it have a saddle? Maybe its rider got killed and the horse ran back to town?

Sahaar
2010-03-04, 03:36 PM
Goldenscale nods, deep in thought.

Well, did the boy consider the possiblility of the horsebeing an illusion? Or a spirit? hmm?

Gadora
2010-03-05, 02:04 AM
Madoc starts back to the tavern.

Sahaar
2010-03-05, 07:02 AM
Well, this is just great. This town finally gets interesting, and it turns out to be a flase alarm.

He turns to Madoc

Hey, Mad, what do we know about this mountain? The one we're here to visit?

elonin
2010-03-05, 07:10 AM
Lance continues on with the group who left to figure out what is really going on.

Gadora
2010-03-05, 11:14 AM
"Hm? Well, I, um, I don't really think I know that much about the, uh, the area. If you would, um, if you come to the tavern with me, I can tell you what I know."

Retroactive (untrained) Knowledge (local) check: [roll0]

Goldfly
2010-03-06, 08:22 AM
Hevel looks around, shrugs, and continues following Marrgo.

Sahaar
2010-03-06, 08:44 AM
So, why exactly are we here? I mean, are we heading up to the mountains, or what?

Volthawk
2010-03-06, 08:47 AM
Madoc knows that the town is there to help stop anything getting out of the Mountains and to the civilised lands. It has many Bahamut worshippers, including the Sheriff. The Mountains are also the last place Haltoc Nebul, his grandfather, was seen alive.

After searching the outer wall, Marrgo finds nothing, but can feel a strange breeze where he is standing.

elonin
2010-03-06, 09:21 AM
Lance stands at the wall looking at the area away from town straining his eyes to see anyone that doesn't belong.

spot[roll0]

Demons_eye
2010-03-06, 09:24 AM
Marrgo enjoys the breeze and searches for what makes it. If he finds nothing he goes back to the town and helps with what he can.

Search [roll0]

Volthawk
2010-03-06, 09:27 AM
When looking over the wall, Lance thinks he sees something, but only for a second.

When searching, Marrgo also thinks he sees something, but can't find it after the initial find.

Sahaar
2010-03-06, 09:29 AM
Goldenscale wanders around town, eventually coming to the wall. He looks over it, wondering if anything interesting is out in the wilderness.

[roll0]+7

Demons_eye
2010-03-06, 09:31 AM
Marrgo looks at the others that have followed him. "What to help me look?"

Taking 20 on search for 22

Krystan
2010-03-06, 10:04 AM
While wandering around the barracks, Krystan notices those looking over the wall and shouts you see something?

In case he sees the horse that went through the illusion coming into town, he will move closer to it to investigate.

Gadora
2010-03-06, 10:06 AM
Madoc enters the tavern and orders something to drink.

elonin
2010-03-06, 10:28 AM
Would have sworn I saw something. Yes searching might be a good idea Then he'll search where he thought he saw something.

taking 20 on the search check would net a 27. Not sure how to count this but since my psi crystal also has my same ranks for a search. If counted as aid another that would make my check a 29 or it can do its own search as you like.

Goldfly
2010-03-06, 01:52 PM
Hevel stares at the wall, a small frown on his face.He puts his Axe back on his back, and begins to help the other two search for the source.

Hevel is using the aid another action to help Marrgo and Reginald.For simplicity's sake, I'm only going to roll twice.I only need to get four or higher, anyway.
Marrgo[roll0]
Reginald[roll1]

Sahaar
2010-03-06, 04:25 PM
I swear, I just saw something.

[roll0] +7

Goldenscale points into the distance.
Hey, what is that out there? There's some kind of.....black figure.

Gaiyamato
2010-03-06, 05:11 PM
Sseren still standing near the Inn doorway nods to Madoc as he enters.
"Anything interesting happening my good fellow? I seem to hear a lack of battle sounds." he asked as the man went past him.

Gadora
2010-03-06, 06:48 PM
"The uh, skeletons were, um, uh, they were an illusion. A horse, um, rode through them." Madoc pauses for a moment or two. "Any, hrm, any idea who out here might have the, um, the power to raise an illusion that large?"

Sahaar
2010-03-06, 06:57 PM
Goldenscale, having exited the village via the mountainside gate and taking two guardsmen with him, searches for the mysterious black figure again.

[roll0] +7

The half-dragon thinks he sees something moving in the distance. Moving closer, he loses sight of the man he pursued.

Guard1: "Should we go back? I don't like these.....these mountains."

Guard2: "Yeah, let's go back."

You two go back if you want. I'll stay here.

The two guards run back to the city. Goldenscale watches them. When they leave his line of sight, he turns around and comes face-to-face with a tall man in black robes.

Who are you? He asks in a raspy voice.

elonin
2010-03-06, 08:34 PM
Lance looks over to Goldenscale as he leaves with the two guards. Seeing how he is traveling as though he knows where he's going the scout lets him go, but instead gives him cover from atop of the wall. His bow is at the ready but not drawn.

is goldenscale heading toward the same area where I saw what I thought I saw?

Gaiyamato
2010-03-06, 09:12 PM
Sseren looks at the man for a moment as if he were daft, not that the man he spoke to could see anymore than darkness inside the hood. His fingers twitch in the deep folds of his robes, but he resists the tempatation placed before him.

"I am not a warrior type. I did not go to the wall and see for myself so I would have no idea." He pauses for a moment. "Though I could speculate, but it would be of little use."

Krystan
2010-03-07, 07:53 AM
Krystan sees the Half-Dragon take two guards with him and thinks something is up. He quickly follows but remains at the town gate. As the two guards run back he asks them what happened?

Sahaar
2010-03-07, 11:58 AM
The guards tell Krystan that they were scared of the mountains, and that Goldenscale had sent them back.

As soon as they finish, Goldenscale appears at the gates.

elonin
2010-03-07, 12:41 PM
The scout lowers his bow when the 1/2 dragon comes back to the gates. So what was that about?

Gadora
2010-03-07, 03:41 PM
"Oh. Oh well, I suppose it was a bit of a, uh, long-shot." Slight chuckle. "Sorry to have wasted your time."

As Madoc heads to the table he'd been at been at before the alarm, he looks at his gauntlet and mutters, "Alright, time to come off." He then takes off his gauntlet, and stows it in his backpack.

Sahaar
2010-03-08, 03:44 PM
Goldenscale shrugged. All he said was, 'you are not prepared'.

if we fight Illidan the betrayer in there, I'm gonna be wierded out.

Krystan
2010-03-08, 05:01 PM
Krystan appears puzzled by the reply of the Half-Dragon, throws one more glance in the direction of the mountains and then looks around again if he can see the horse that went through the illusion. If he doesn't spot it, he walks back towards the barracks.

Sahaar
2010-03-08, 06:54 PM
Goldenscale will return to the barracks as well. He is confused by what the mysterious man said.

elonin
2010-03-08, 07:04 PM
Lance wonders a moment at the 1/2 dragon's comment then also returns to the barracks. If this strange person wants to share what happened he will, otherwise speculation is useless.

Goldfly
2010-03-08, 09:09 PM
Vaguely annoyed at the lack of sucess in his attempt to ocate the source of the breeze, he turns, and heads back towards the barracks.

Gadora
2010-03-09, 01:25 AM
Madoc returns to the drink that he had left; if it isn't there, he orders a new (watered down) ale.

elonin
2010-03-11, 05:15 PM
Lance orders a drink when he eventually gets back to the tavern.

Sahaar
2010-03-11, 05:18 PM
Make that three says Goldenscale when he sits down.

I can't believe after all that all he said was, 'You are not prepared'.....

elonin
2010-03-11, 05:27 PM
A glimmer of understanding comes across Lance's face at Goldenscales comment. Oh. Thought you said that to me. You know about why you left without a word to any of us. So who were you talking to? I'm fairly observant and am sure I saw something for a second. But then it was gone.

Sahaar
2010-03-11, 06:10 PM
He was gone pretty quickly. He spoke so quickly, I almost couldn't understand him.

The half-dragon adjusts himself in his chair.

He was so fast, I didn't even have time to draw my sword.

elonin
2010-03-11, 06:19 PM
So the comment was a statement of our abilities, which given how quick that thing was may be accurate.

Sahaar
2010-03-11, 07:39 PM
Goldenscale nods.

Hmmm....Could be. Or maybe it's intimidation, trying to get us to stay away from that mountain?

He looks out of a window, in the direction of the mountain.

elonin
2010-03-11, 07:51 PM
We will have to check that out. With that the scout takes a drinnk.

Sahaar
2010-03-11, 08:06 PM
Goldenscale nods again and drains his glass.

Yeah. Better sooner than later. This town is....kinda boring. And everyone keeps giving me looks.

Volthawk
2010-03-12, 07:11 AM
In the tavern, a man walks into the bar, with long robes and a face covered by a hood, and sits in the corner. Goldenscale recognises it as the man he met outside.

The horse runs through the gate, finally stopping in the market, and then approached by the Sheriff and several guards. As it went past, Krystan could see that the horse looks different than a usual horse. A bit darker, a bit more fearsome. It had a rider, clad in dark plate.

Sahaar
2010-03-12, 07:21 AM
Inside the tavern, Goldenscale notices the commotion outside.

What's going on out there?

Krystan
2010-03-12, 07:52 AM
After the dark horse passes the gate, Krystan follows it, keeping some distance. He remains behind the Sheriff and the guards and waits for what they will discover.

Goldfly
2010-03-12, 02:00 PM
Curious about the dark-clad rider, Hevel walks towards the small crowd that is beggining to gather around him/her.

Sahaar
2010-03-12, 03:33 PM
Goldenscale, too, leaves the tavern and follows the rest of the group, curious.

elonin
2010-03-12, 05:02 PM
@volthawk OOCWere your descriptions of the same person first riding through the street then going into the bar? Also, did I get enough detail to see this man from my earlier spot check? I'm guessing that it was too brief to get any detail at all but want to make sure.

Lance keeps drinking his ale. If nothing else he figures that some call will be made if there is a serious situation unfolds. With the activity of tonight the town-folk are too on edge to be considered reliable.

Gadora
2010-03-12, 05:06 PM
Seeing most of the interesting people leaving the tavern, Madoc finishes his drink and heads outside.

Volthawk
2010-03-17, 12:36 PM
Now, there is a large crowd around the horse, and it's rider has been put on a stretcher. Around the stretcher is the Sheriff and the local warpriest. All anyone can hear are snatches of conversation. Things like "blackguard","Baator","dragon", "evacuation" and "lich".

Goldfly
2010-03-18, 06:47 PM
When Hevel hears the word "dragon", he begins to edge closer to the front of the crowd, straining to hear what the rider and sheriff are saying.

Listen check:
1d20+3

Goldfly
2010-03-18, 06:51 PM
Lets try again, shall we?
[roll0]

elonin
2010-03-19, 06:11 AM
Hearing that the commotion outside is more than he thought it would be the scout rethinks his idea of staying in the pub. He moves outside to see what is going on.

Krystan
2010-03-19, 06:23 AM
Krystan keeps a concerned look as he hears flashes of the conversation. He waits for the Sheriff to make an official announcement about what's happening.

Gadora
2010-03-19, 03:06 PM
Madoc turns to whoever is nearest him, and says "I can't hear a, um, anything they're saying. Any idea what's, hm, happening up there?"

Sahaar
2010-03-19, 05:14 PM
No, not a clue. Let's get up closer. I think I heard something about a lich?

elonin
2010-03-19, 06:17 PM
Heard something about a lich eh? I'll bet it's just a rumor going about the crowd. In any case we will find out more over there than standing here. With that the scout presses into the crowd.

Gadora
2010-03-20, 02:19 PM
Madoc follows Lance.

Sahaar
2010-03-25, 03:55 PM
The Dragon taps the Sherriff on the shoulder.

What happened here?

Volthawk
2010-03-25, 04:03 PM
The Sheriff turns round

"Oh, I shouldn't tell you. But, then again, you are one of us, so...

This man is a blackguard, an agent of Baator. But this is the odd thing. He's here, coming from the mountains."

Sahaar
2010-03-25, 04:18 PM
A Blackguard from the mountains, eh? What're you gonna do with him?

elonin
2010-03-25, 10:14 PM
Is this outside? If so am I close enough to the conversation to react to it?

Lance will continue to press closer to the horse through the crowd hoping to hear some news.

Krystan
2010-03-26, 11:54 AM
Krystan waits a few more minutes and then thinks by himself well, it's getting late and not a lot is going to happen here for a while, I guess... time to get some rest. He then heads off to the hotel.

Goldfly
2010-03-26, 01:44 PM
Hevel continues listening to the sheriff.

Gadora
2010-03-26, 11:37 PM
Madoc continues following Lance while quietly cursing his poor hearing.

Volthawk
2010-03-27, 05:08 AM
The sheriff chuckles

"Heh, boy. You'll see."

Sahaar
2010-03-27, 09:57 AM
That doesn't sound very good.