PDA

View Full Version : (D&D) outsider help for Iron Kingdom

Warpwolf16
2010-03-01, 10:57 PM
currently have druid of Oroboros as my character and a friend asked what would a cleric of Morrow or Menoth call to aid in battles? I had no idea so I decided to ask you peoples on the forums who might be able to help.What would you suggest for outsider's to be summoned by clerics of menoth and Morrow?

Leon
2010-03-02, 12:45 AM
currently have druid of Oroboros as my character and a friend asked what would a cleric of Morrow or Menoth call to aid in battles? I had no idea so I decided to ask you peoples on the forums who might be able to help.What would you suggest for outsider's to be summoned by clerics of menoth and Morrow?

Your cleric would be advised to not dabble in the summoning ways of magic for they are from a very dark path. If you do decide to proceed then the spell uses a different list of creatures to the common PHB version (list is found on P358 of the IKCG)

There are no "Outsiders" aside from the Infernals - on very rare and important occasions or events Archons of the Gods will manifest but not as response to a mere spell.

The suggestion is that summoning spells should be rare and hard to obtain and not common particularly for the devout of mind.

Druids are different, they can both Summon and Teleport without the associated risks.

Warpwolf16
2010-03-02, 11:26 AM
Thats the reason I chose druid since my magic isnt bound by godly laws or infernal watchers.

Though he wants some kind of outsider like being to summon who is to serve morrow when they come to a large threat of godly porportions (everblighted hordes/Cyrx invasion) I had no idea what to suggest so I said I'll asked a few people but usually no it doesnt work for clerics to 'summon' beings from beyond the Veil.