PDA

View Full Version : An odd little feat [3.5, PEACH]

Fortuna
2010-03-05, 04:09 PM
Using, as usual for me, mhvaughan's Warlock Rewrite (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142707)

Eldritch Onslaught [General]
You destroy your foes at a distance even as you slaughter other enemies by the sword.
Prerequisites: Two-Weapon Fighting, Eldritch Blast
Benefits: You may treat your Eldritch Blast as a main-hand weapon or off-hand weapon for the purposes of two-weapon fighting. For example, Arturus is a level 4 Warlock/ level 8 Fighter with Eldritch Onslaught and , who commonly holds a shortsword in his off-hand. He has a Base Attack Bonus of +11, and therefore may make three attacks with his Eldritch Blast (at +11/+6/+1 before other modifiers) normally. Using this feat, Arturus may make three Eldritch Blasts at +9/+4/-1 before other modifiers as well as making two attacks with his shortsword, at +9/+4 before other modifiers.
Normal: Two-Weapon Fighting may normally only be performed with weapons, not with Eldritch Blasts.
Special: When a character selects this feat, they choose whether their Eldritch Blast can be used as a main-hand weapon or an off-hand weapon for two-weapon fighting. A character may select this feat twice, once for main-hand use and once for off-hand use, but may never use their Eldritch Blast as both their main-hand weapon and their off-hand weapon in the same attack routine.

DracoDei
2010-03-05, 05:11 PM
TWF is a bit of a "do nothing" feat for a Warlock I should think, until one gets this feat... but I guess that is OK.

Mangles
2010-03-05, 05:35 PM
I like this. I also like the warlock variant.

Latronis
2010-03-06, 02:50 AM
How does it interactive with eldritch glaive? hideous blow (last i checked the invocations themselves hadnt been changed yet)

EDIT: brain fart

Barbarian MD
2010-03-06, 10:09 AM
How does it interactive with eldritch glaive? hideous blow (last i checked the invocations themselves hadnt been changed yet)

EDIT: brain fart

Yeah, real-life has prevented me from rewriting invocations like I had hoped to.

I'm not sure how to work hideous blow in with Warlock 2.0, to be honest, and the idea of combining two-weapon fighting with it is something that will likely require nothing short of playtesting.

But, as a concept, I really, really like this feat idea. It creates a very cool mental picture.

EDIT: I would say that you'd never exceed your BAB in eldritch blasts using hideous blow. If you get 3 attacks due to BAB, then you'd only get three eldritch blasts. So, if you fire off three blasts, you wouldn't have any more to apply to a hideous blow. If you fired off one eldritch blast, you could use two hideous blows. I suppose if you wanted to spend one of your "quicken" uses on it, you could. That's my off-the-cuff ruling at the moment.

Double EDIT: I've given it more thought, and I'm really not sure how I feel about it. I think it needs a lot of thought, and I can't give it that right now.

Fortuna
2010-03-07, 01:06 PM
Interacting with hideous blow would, in my opinion, be that if you are using your EB off-hand, you can use hideous blow to make your off-hand attacks be weapon and EB. If using EB in your main hand, then you can apply hideous blow to your main-hand attacks. Basically, hideous blow counts as EB as far as this feat is concerned.

Latronis
2010-03-08, 03:19 AM
Hideous Blow does seem like something that could be abused with iterative eldritch blasts. Though i doubt choosing which hand to channel it through with this feat is going to be any worse

Fortuna
2010-03-09, 12:56 AM
Very possibly. Hideous blow will definitely need some looking over, but that's really nothing to do with this feat.