PDA

View Full Version : Samehada from Naruto (spoilers

Niro
2010-03-07, 08:07 AM
Okay lets do this. I am Gm'ing a naruto-ish game and I would like to give one of my players the sword Samehada.
I have no idea how to stat out those kind of things so I thought that maybe one of you could help me with it.
We are using the Naruto d20 rules if any of you know it (basically like 3,5 with a few twists. Like we have chakra)

What we know about the sword:
- it has 2 forms. Sealed and unsealed
- it absorbs chakra
- it can convert the chakra into health
- possibly allows the user to transform into a half-shark thingey (Though this may just be a Kisame natural ability)

Anyone wanna help wth this?

Geiger Counter
2010-03-07, 08:23 AM
What level are your PCs?
What's the difference between sealed and unsealed?

just as general advice, the weapon should absorb chakra, however that works, and turns into temporary hit points.

Giving water breathing and a swim speed is okay to give to PCs even at low levels.

Niro
2010-03-07, 08:47 AM
The main difference between sealed and unsealed samehada is that the unsealed samehada is slightly bigger, has a mouth and has shown semi-intelligence.
In Kisames battle against Killer-Bee, samehada decides not to cut off Bees legs. Instead it deides to work with Bee (but it then kicked away by Kisame)

The PCs are mostly lvl 10-11 and the PC that is to recieve samehada, is aware that he is going to recieve a good sword so he is currently building a weapon master build

Creed
2010-03-07, 09:44 AM
you could make it a +3 greatsword that absorbs 1d6 chakra and turns it into temporary hitpoints

since it's shown semi intelligence, give the natural instincts of a shark, as described in the monster manual and in real life descriptions of shark behavior

Niro
2010-03-07, 09:54 AM
Hmm I guess I could do that
and allow samehada to grow one size when it is released. And give it a second release where the user transforms into a semi-shark. Double swimming speed, gills and I guess a claw or bite attack? Did Kisame change size when he transformed?

Creed
2010-03-07, 10:21 AM
Hmm I guess I could do that
and allow samehada to grow one size when it is released. And give it a second release where the user transforms into a semi-shark. Double swimming speed, gills and I guess a claw or bite attack? Did Kisame change size when he transformed?

If he is a medium creature then he becomes a large creature. just give him one attack from the shark monster manual entry. and the gills and stuff

Creed
2010-03-07, 10:26 AM
Also, at what point is this campaign; at the same time as the series? after? before? if it's at the same time an encounter where the pc alters th series by killing kisame and taking his sword would be...interesting

Niro
2010-03-07, 10:39 AM
I havent decided yet. So far we have played around Konoha and hokages and such. Instead we play in the Hidden Village of Water.
Any ideas? An older Kisame who is still is posession of samehada... and the PCs have to figure out a way to defeat him and claim the sword.
But that gives the problem... how would you stat Kisame?

CTLC
2010-03-07, 10:54 AM
samehada shouldnt grant temp hp, the point of the thing is that it takes all the chakra from strong people and gives it all to kisame. Hence kisame has chakra rivalling that of the tailed beasts. It allows people to use ridiculous ninjutus [like flooding square miles of deep and bumpy rock] and still have chakra to spare. Kisame is just a chakra hound with lots of ways to soak every thing in water, and a few ways to use sharks made of water to kill.

Niro
2010-03-07, 11:50 AM
Naruto chapter 471 page 14-15. In these pages we see Kisame being buised/wounded. Samehadas hilt merges together with Kisames hand and heals the bruise/wound

Therefore I say that Samehada should be able to heal, even though a little bit. Maybe at every melee attack that hits, you will be able to decide if the 1d6 is going to temp chakra or temp hp. Sounds fair?

And we never heard that samehadas absorbed chakra went to Kisame. Where did you learn about this?

CTLC
2010-03-07, 06:22 PM
Naruto chapter 471 page 14-15. In these pages we see Kisame being buised/wounded. Samehadas hilt merges together with Kisames hand and heals the bruise/wound

Therefore I say that Samehada should be able to heal, even though a little bit. Maybe at every melee attack that hits, you will be able to decide if the 1d6 is going to temp chakra or temp hp. Sounds fair?

And we never heard that samehadas absorbed chakra went to Kisame. Where did you learn about this?

i thought it was given somewhere, but look at kisame, and especially the way he talks about samehada, ah, sorta, "Kisame could heal and replenish his chakra by momentarily fusing with Samehada"
from http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Kisame

Prime32
2010-03-07, 06:27 PM
Plus, IIRC Samehada later heals Killer Bee by giving him some of its chakra.

Creed
2010-03-08, 03:49 PM
I havent decided yet. So far we have played around Konoha and hokages and such. Instead we play in the Hidden Village of Water.
Any ideas? An older Kisame who is still is posession of samehada... and the PCs have to figure out a way to defeat him and claim the sword.
But that gives the problem... how would you stat Kisame?

we could say that some twisted lady had a son w/ kisame
thus we have asorta normal guy inheriting samehada, which, the players being NINJAS, they could steal

another option could be kisame chooses the pc as his heir, since no girl is crazy enough to have kids w/ him

the players could also help kisame or his heir, at which point kisame or his heir could make a gift of samehada

Obrysii
2010-03-08, 04:00 PM
Kisame and Samehada make an appearence in my campaign. During the climatic final battle against Pein, who has decided to use the PC's connections to various demons to heal the cracked statue of Gedou Mazou, which cracked when they improperly attempted to seal the Nine-Tailed Fox into it, Pein uses chou shinra tensei to level Chicago, and Kisame uses Samehada's absorption technique to survive.

Anyway, here's my idea for Samehada.

Samehada: This Large-sized +5 Greatsword is an unique artifact said to come from the Hidden Mist village. This sentient sword is attracted to beings of high power, and is capable of moving under its own power as if it were animated. Samehada, when not using its ordinary powers, is a +5 Wounding Greatsword, but possesses the ability to act like a Rod of Absorption with no specific limit - though as it absorbs energy it gains in size and strength - gaining an additional +1 enhancement bonus for every 6 spell levels it absorbs.

Samehada has Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 16, and an Ego score of 20. It can not speak and seems to have no empathic bond with its wielder. Samehada only allows its chosen wielder to even hold it - anyone else attempting to grab it causes it to grow spikes, dealing 1d6 damage per round to the person attempting to hold it.

Samehada has been known to rarely betray its owner for someone of greater magical power.

Niro
2010-03-08, 04:04 PM
No woman would have a kid with kisame? Pwease.. If I was a chick (and A hot one that is) I would totally bear that half man/half sharks kid(s)

But back to being serious: I think we will just play it so that the weapon using PC, learns about a powerful sword-user --> Attacks him, hopefully defeats him and claims the sword and then some time bonding together with samehada. Geting it to trust him and all that jazz

Creed
2010-03-08, 04:09 PM
No woman would have a kid with kisame? Pwease.. If I was a chick (and A hot one that is) I would totally bear that half man/half sharks kid(s)

But back to being serious: I think we will just play it so that the weapon using PC, learns about a powerful sword-user --> Attacks him, hopefully defeats him and claims the sword and then some time bonding together with samehada. Geting it to trust him and all that jazz

We are then hoping and praying that the pc wins, or kisame kills the player with his crazy mad skills

Niro
2010-03-08, 04:44 PM
Well it should be interresting to see how they (2 Genins and 1 chunin) are to take out an S-ranked villain :\
Oh well