PDA

View Full Version : Scout/Swashbuckler

Raiki
2010-03-09, 12:15 AM
Hey guys, I'm having a minor brain-freeze. I know there's a feat that lets scout and swashbuckler levels stack for grace and skirmish, but I'm blanking on the feat name and what book it's from. Can anyone help?

~R~

Pluto
2010-03-09, 12:19 AM
Hey guys, I'm having a minor brain-freeze. I know there's a feat that lets scout and swashbuckler levels stack for grace and skirmish, but I'm blanking on the feat name and what book it's from. Can anyone help?

~R~
Well, it's not a feat, which is probably why.

You could homebrew it pretty easily to do exactly what you said, and it would likely be a bit weaker than Daring Outlaw and Swift Hunter.

Raiki
2010-03-09, 12:23 AM
Okay, I guess I failed my Knowledge(Feats) check. Thanks for the assistance. If the scientists ever ask me, I'll tell them that I totally consider you a planet.

~R~

Pluto
2010-03-09, 12:27 AM
Okay, I guess I failed my Knowledge(Feats) check. Thanks for the assistance. If the scientists ever ask me, I'll tell them that I totally consider you a planet.

~R~
Hooray! :smallbiggrin:

EnnPeeCee
2010-03-09, 12:41 AM
You know, this is kinda funny. I was looking for the exact same thing earlier today. I had similar luck finding it though.

Kelb_Panthera
2010-03-09, 01:30 AM
You were probably thinking of Daring Outlaw, which stacks sneak attack and grace. I don't see any good reason you couldn't swap out the SA requirments for Skirmish requirements similar to the Swift X feats, and go with that.

Raiki
2010-03-09, 01:10 PM
Yeah, that's basically what we're doing. We've named it Savvy Skirmisher. I don't see the problem, and it helps the players somewhat convoluted build quite a bit.

~R~

Person_Man
2010-03-09, 02:02 PM
There is no such feat. Also, it's a lousy combination. Scout and Swash are already two of the weaker classes in the game. And by multiclassing, you delay or give up the best class features of both classes (Flawless Stride, Hide in Plain Site, Free Movement, Acrobatic Charge). Skirmish is only +5d6 damage at 19th level (average +17.5, or less then 1 point per class level) and Grace is only +3 to your Reflex Save at 20th level.

Raiki
2010-03-10, 01:07 PM
Yes, PM, I know that. But trying to talk this particular player out of an idea once they get one is an exercise in futility. They like the build, and it being a gestalt games, all the different classes in the build make it more or less okay. It's not just scout//swash, it's really more like barbarian/scout/fighter//swash/tempest/thief acrobat. I think. It's really convoluted, but good at what it does. It's just that the scout/swash stacking feet would help it out a bit more.

~R~