PDA

View Full Version : needs feats for swashbuckler/rogue/scarlett corsair

Window459
2010-03-11, 01:26 AM
I need feat ideas for a character im helping a friend, so far hes a half vampire human swashbucker 2/ rogue 3 going to go into scarlett corsair from storm wreck, after another level of swashbuckler, so far his feats are Exotic weapon prof. Elven Courtblade, Ironwill, and Daring Outlaw, his stats are Str 18, Dex 21, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 10, Char 10. So any suggestions? Thank for the advice

Kaiyanwang
2010-03-11, 03:09 AM
Does he want to Two Weapon Fight? I guess so.

Is Iron Wil a prereq for Scarlet Corsair?

Math_Mage
2010-03-11, 04:55 AM
Iron Will is not a prerequisite for Scarlet Corsair, but the character has a terrible Will save. Probably better to fix that with items, tho...

Craven (Champions of Ruin) beats Daring Outlaw hands down at this level, although it's a -2 penalty to Will saves against fear. 5 damage on a sneak attack beats another 1d6 most of the time. And it scales with character level. Personally, I'd wait on Daring Outlaw at least until level 7, when it grants an extra 2d6 of SA (assuming Rogue 3/Swash 4 at that point--if you're PrCing out at that point it may be a completely pointless exercise, depending on what else is available).

Depending on the size and composition of your party, specifically the number of flank buddies you have, you may want Adaptable Flanker (Player's Handbook II), which lets you flank more easily (and also translates to more opportunities to full attack at higher levels).

Combat Expertise lets you be flexible with your attack bonus and AC, and also is a prerequisite for the Champion of Corellon prestige class (Races of the Wild), which you may want to enter after finishing up Scarlet Corsair. (Speaking of which, consider also Nightsong Enforcer from Complete Adventurer.)

Improved Initiative is always good if you're looking for feats, and is also a prereq for the above-mentioned Nightsong Enforcer.

For more advice, check out the 3.5 Rogue Handbook (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19871666/The_3.5_Rogue_Handbook) and this (http://coboard.wikia.com/wiki/Swashbuckler) Swashbuckler guide.

Roc Ness
2010-03-11, 06:16 AM
Combat Reflexes and Robilar's gambit?

Gametime
2010-03-11, 12:40 PM
The most compelling abilities Scarlet Corsair gets are the feint-enhancers and the Intimidate enhancers. I'd recommend pumping Intimidate and taking Imperious Command; even without any other cheese, you can (at 5th level of Scarlet Corsair) cause all enemies within 30 feet of you to cower for 1 round with a standard action. At 9th level, you can follow that up with a nearly automatic shaken just by hitting one of them, and send him running straight away.