PDA

View Full Version : (4E) March errata and keywords

Goonthegoof
2010-03-11, 02:22 AM
In the march errata it says a power gains keywords from whatever types of damage are present. Does this mean a power used through a weapon that had a Frozen Whetstone applied to it would gain the frost keyword?

Also in the cunning sneak class feature it mentions you can make a stealth check if you end a move action more than 3 squares away from your starting position. Does this apply to actual move actions, or just any action that includes movement? RAW I think it looks like the former, but in the section for shadowy rogue it says that attacks that let you move as part of them is a good idea because they can help you use the cunning sneak feature, which implies cunning sneak works for any movement. Is it any movement or only any move action?

Also: Do Zephyr boots allow you to fly all the time, or do you have to land at the end of your turn?

Goonthegoof
2010-03-11, 06:08 AM
Anyone know?

Danger Jim
2010-03-11, 06:41 AM
In regard to the frozen whetstone: yes. It looks to me like you can not use the cunning sneak feature unless you take a move action by RAW, I don't think that moves granted by powers (yours or others) will let you make a stealth check.

Colmarr
2010-03-11, 07:08 AM
Also in the cunning sneak class feature it mentions you can make a stealth check if you end a move action more than 3 squares away from your starting position. Does this apply to actual move actions

Assuming you have reproduced the text of a class feature accurately, it couldn't really be much clearer :smallsmile:

IIRC, stealth checks are part of move actions normally anyway, so Cunning Sneak allows you to make the checks in more situations, but doesn't change the type of action it is to do so.

Goonthegoof
2010-03-11, 08:02 AM
Also something I just noticed: The perfect slayer epic destiny gives combat advantage against a shrouded target, invoking shrouds not making them disappear and the ability to instant apply 4 shrouds once an encounter. Does this mean if you multiclass into assassin and take perfect slayer you get CA and 24+4d6 bonus damage against a target every encounter?

AgentPaper
2010-03-11, 08:47 AM
Also something I just noticed: The perfect slayer epic destiny gives combat advantage against a shrouded target, invoking shrouds not making them disappear and the ability to instant apply 4 shrouds once an encounter. Does this mean if you multiclass into assassin and take perfect slayer you get CA and 24+4d6 bonus damage against a target every encounter?

Seems that way. Only against one target, though, and you're using your ED on it, though.

Goonthegoof
2010-03-11, 05:15 PM
And I suppose for that to be useful you would need to be participating in some level 30 one on one fight or something weird.

Yakk
2010-03-11, 05:38 PM
Naw, it is useful in more than that situation.

As a MC assassin, you can put 2 shrouds per encounter on a critter. Plus 4 instantly. Various assassin powers and paragon paths grant more shroud application.

The perfect slayer means that the shrouds you do apply don't evaporate when you use them.

So you can drop 4 on one creature, go to town on it. Once it is dead, you drop up to 2 on another, which grants a not-horrible 19 bonus damage on that target (9.5 on a miss). Maybe you have a MC assassin attack power that lets you drop even more shrouds on other targets...

Of course, that destiny as an assassin could be even nastier. But with 4 shrouds on 1 target (and maybe 2 rounds to kill it), 2 more shrouds from MC assassin, you have 4 rounds of full-assassin usage from the ED per combat (longer if there is a solo/elite). That isn't a horrid ROI.