PDA

View Full Version : Etsy

Silence
2010-03-13, 06:21 PM
I recently found a site called Etsy. It's at etsy.com, and it's basically ebay for handmade items.

You can buy everything from handmade pick guards, to T-shirts, to wallets, to jewelry, to pretty much anything. Artwork is a large part of the site.

I've also found that the prices are the same as or cheaper than what you would find in a store. The stuff is a lot easier to find.

I've really liked the use of getting custom and unique clothing and accessories to put together cool outfits. Lots of band related stuff, too. This is a great way to assemble any sort of cosplay, steampunk, or just generally unique outfit without spending days and a fortune.

Also, you can sell your own stuff you make any way you want. I checked out the selling feature, and you can list something for 4 months for 20 cents.

Just telling you guys about this great site. I think that the community will really like it.

Etsy.com

Rattine
2010-03-13, 06:49 PM
{scrubbed}

blackfox
2010-03-13, 07:03 PM
I'm pretty sure he doesn't own the place, so even if he was trying to advertise it, he wouldn't make any money off it. I've seen the place before, thought it was pretty cool, etc.

Silence
2010-03-13, 11:12 PM
I apologize if it seemed like an ad, but I seriously really do like this site. Just telling you guys about it. Sorry about the mistake there.

Erts
2010-03-13, 11:41 PM
Plus, he has way too many posts to be an advertiser.

golentan
2010-03-13, 11:50 PM
It still seems a little... Singing the praises of, to me, rather than a discussion of pros and cons or asking if anyone else uses it/what stories people have. My 2 CP*.

*Available for the low, low price of a single copper on Etsy.com! Remember, Etsy.com, where you always find the lowest prices!!!

Terms and Conditions apply. Offer not valid outside the U.S. and in some states, as in all of them. Golentancorp is not responsible for accidental brain loss resulting from the use of its opinions. Side effects may include dizziness, nausea, diarrhea, spontaneous human combustion, projectile colon, loss of soul, or other symptoms. We would tell you to consult your physician before using our opinions, but too late!

Temotei
2010-03-14, 12:06 AM
It still seems a little... Singing the praises of, to me, rather than a discussion of pros and cons or asking if anyone else uses it/what stories people have. My 2 CP*.

*Available for the low, low price of a single copper on Etsy.com! Remember, Etsy.com, where you always find the lowest prices!!!

Terms and Conditions apply. Offer not valid outside the U.S. and in some states, as in all of them. Golentancorp is not responsible for accidental brain loss resulting from the use of its opinions. Side effects may include dizziness, nausea, diarrhea, spontaneous human combustion, projectile colon, loss of soul, or other symptoms. We would tell you to consult your physician before using our opinions, but too late!

:smalleek:

golentan
2010-03-14, 12:08 AM
:smalleek:

You're welcome.

the doomed one
2010-03-14, 12:13 AM
Etsy is a nice place; it is where I got my top hat.

Kneenibble
2010-03-14, 12:20 AM
Etsy is fantastic. If I may say, though, the silver rings set with stones there are almost all of them criminally overpriced.

golentan's offer not valid outside the US? :smallfrown:

Worira
2010-03-14, 01:07 AM
Sorry, no projectile colon for you.

golentan
2010-03-14, 01:17 AM
Etsy is fantastic. If I may say, though, the silver rings set with stones there are almost all of them criminally overpriced.

golentan's offer not valid outside the US? :smallfrown:

If you notice, it's also not valid in certain states in the U.S. Namely, all of them.

Also, projectile colon is not fun. Nonprojectile colons, however, are. And I'd be happy to share with Kneebiter. :smallredface:

:

There you go.

Silence
2010-03-14, 10:18 AM
Haha, well, to be honest, I haven't used Etsy that much, but I've liked what I saw.

Yeah, really sorry about that. I just figured the community would like that site.

Raistlin1040
2010-03-14, 10:25 AM
I like etsy. Both of my regular necklaces are from there, among other things. Very nice service from the posters, and cool things that you wouldn't find elsewhere.

Kobold-Bard
2010-03-14, 11:52 AM
My gf and her friend sell jewellery on Etsy.

Seems like a nice place if you're into that sort of stuff. She bought a clock made of crisp bags from there (no I have no idea why either :smalltongue:)

Silence
2010-03-14, 12:14 PM
My gf and her friend sell jewellery on Etsy.
Oh, cool! Can you link to your store, so I can check it out? My mom has a birthday coming up, and I was thinking of doing something like that anyway, so why not help out a friend?

Kobold-Bard
2010-03-14, 12:16 PM
Oh, cool! Can you link to your store, so I can check it out? My mom has a birthday coming up, and I was thinking of doing something like that anyway, so why not help out a friend?

I'll ask her for it. Can't remember her details off hand.

Mr. Moon
2010-03-14, 07:43 PM
Etsy is a really nifty stuff. I've never bought anything off it, sadly, but it can be fun to see what people have made. I feel the need to share this shop (http://www.etsy.com/shop/Aranwen), because the artist's works are just... painfully beautiful. .-.