PDA

View Full Version : What lies beneath.... II [IC]

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Talkkno
2010-03-27, 07:45 PM
Juron focuses his mind once more, as he hammers the water with mental force.

Willpower: [roll0]

Opposed Willpower: [roll1]

Damage: [roll2]

Phemona: [roll3]

Saldre
2010-03-27, 07:58 PM
Juron:

You strike at the water with your mind, sending waves of splashes across the platform- the pressure drops your opponents back into the water, growling angrily as the water rains down over you.

Talkkno
2010-03-27, 08:10 PM
Juron heads closer to the river, now 1 meter away from the gushing waters, taking out his crossbow, waiting to see if their foul hands emerge from water.

Saldre
2010-03-27, 08:12 PM
Juron:

You don't have to wait long to find them struggling to get back to the platform: one obviously more exhausted then the other.

Talkkno
2010-03-27, 08:37 PM
"For Emperor and Imperium! Juron mutters as he grabs the table nearby and smashes against their hands, pressing as hard he possibly can.

Strength check: [roll0]

Saldre
2010-03-27, 08:56 PM
Juron:

The two of them struggle, then- when you loosen your grip, they fall back into the water... there's no sign of them emerging again. Moments later, one of the two bodies floats atop the water.

Talkkno
2010-03-27, 09:01 PM
Juron holds the table up to waist, waiting any sign of any hands to emerge the water.

Saldre
2010-03-27, 09:11 PM
Juron:

You wait but the water settles and nothing moves.

Talkkno
2010-03-27, 09:15 PM
Juron puts the table down, as cracks open the barrels to see what lies within, positioning himself so that he see the river as he opens the barrels.

Saldre
2010-03-27, 09:27 PM
Juron:

A noxious smell rises from the barrels as you open it only to reveal a multitude of rat corpses in some, rotten fish in others.

Talkkno
2010-03-27, 09:32 PM
Juron grabs one of the barrels, and empties the corpses into the river, goes over to the boat, putting the barrel besides him on the boat, grabs the nearby paddle, and lets the small boat free of the makeshift harbor, sailing wherever the river takes him.

Bowerbird
2010-03-28, 12:24 AM
"I really hope that's just a statue.." Ravion mutters to himself. "Hey, I recognise that voice, it's that heretic priest from the church!" Ravion activates his lance's power-field, "Come on brothers I smell a heretic that must be burned!" he seems about to charge off after the voice.

Saldre
2010-03-28, 12:44 AM
Juron:

You gently drift down the water, the rank smell of rotten fish and debris permeating the air. Soon, you hear voices in the distance ahead: and spot more flickering lights.

You can spot another harbor-like extension, and the beginning of a platform much like the one you have passed earlier.

Large shadows cast out on the walls reveal the presence of at least two or three people waiting...

Talkkno
2010-03-28, 12:56 AM
Juron makes him small as possible, as the visage of his fiqure distorts with the power of the warp, hiding behind the barrel, as he takes a quick glimpse at the people at the people at the makeshift harbor.

Concealment +30: [roll0]

Saldre
2010-03-28, 01:01 AM
Juron:

Your boat slightly advances towards the platform. A quick look around reveals an outpost of sorts, built into the walls of the tunnel: though no exists are here.

On the platform, sitting around a table, three cultists feast on the corpses of rats, ripping them apart with their fangs and claws. Behind them, on some barrels, three shot-guns have been left nearby should they need them.

Lastly, carved into the walls are several cells... you think you can spot people moving there.

Tied to the makeshift harbor is another boat.

Talkkno
2010-03-28, 01:39 AM
Juron focuses his mind, looking intently at the lock ahead of him, as he imagines the way he would open the lock with a lockpick, tooling the lock to spring open.

Willpower: [roll0]

Willpower as agility for security to pop it open. [roll1]

Phyic phemona [roll2]

Saldre
2010-03-28, 01:50 AM
Juron:

The locks on the cell doors click and they slide open with an eerie creek... But just as they do, everything in the outpost begins to slowly rise into the air! Caught by surprise, the hybrids have no time to react as they float upwards along with their chairs, the table, the barrels and the shotguns all the way to the ceiling.... before plummeting back down and breaking their collective necks on the stone floor.

Though you rise as well, the running water breaks your fall when you drop down...

[OOC: Just for form, you take [roll0] 8 damage, reduced by toughness]

Bowerbird
2010-03-28, 01:57 AM
After a couple of seconds Ravion realises that the others aren't behind him anymore, looking ahead he sees the retreating backs of Ralix and Castus, looking behind he sees Claus, who shrugs. "Dammit, no sense of drama those people! Come on Claus!" Ravion runs to catch up with the others, quickly gaining ground on the slow tech-priest.

Talkkno
2010-03-28, 02:04 AM
Juron attempts to climb on the makeshift dock, and makes him up from the solid floor, smirking slightly at the dead mutants bodies.

"I opened the cell door and killed the mutants here, its safe to come out now. I mean no harm. Juron says calmly, shaking off some water, as he picks up a shotgun.

Climb [roll0]

Saldre
2010-03-28, 02:13 AM
Juron:

Upon hearing your human voice, several figures dressed in rags and tatters cautiously exit the cells. As they line up in-front of you, you count five men and women, some weeping tears of joy as drop on their knees before you.

"Thank you! We've been locked up here for days! We thought were through !" They collectively cry out in thanks.

Though badly fed, clearly mistreated and rather roughed up, they all seem in good health.

Talkkno
2010-03-28, 02:18 AM
"Why are here? And who are you? Any do any of you know where this river leads? Juron asks, as he goes over the barrels and opens them, attempting to gauge their honesty.

Scrutiny +10 [roll0]

crazedloon
2010-03-28, 02:55 AM
Castus

Castus moves as fast as he can his ballistics mechadendrite swivels around and aims at one of the zombie's legs. Castus moves and waits to fire his pistol until just the right moment when a genestealers is about to pass and drops the zombie on the creature.

so I think I am doing this correct
[roll0] vs 20 + 30 - 10 = 40

and
[roll1] vs 40 + 10 close range = 50
[roll2]

Lycan 01
2010-03-28, 02:59 AM
Ralix doesn't even stop to look back and register that they're being chased. The moment he hears the sound of scittering claws and writhing chiton, he bursts into a full sprint. "RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!" he screams, his voice echoing through the void as writhing masses of xeno abominations literally start coming out of the walls.

Full sprint: [roll0] vs Ag 40 + 30 clear area

Bowerbird
2010-03-28, 03:47 AM
"Right behind you guys!" Ravion shouts as he sprints alongside, swinging out with his lance in an attempt to trip up some of the zombies to slow down the oncoming hordes.

Runrunrunrunrunrunrunrunrun!!!
Agility: [roll0] vs 50 + 30
Throwing me down a couplea zombies too.

FullPlateJacket
2010-03-28, 02:07 PM
Claus quickly catches up to the rest of the group. "I'm certainly not saying that we should stop running, but where are we even going?!"

Legs don't fail me now...
Agility:[roll0] vs. 50 + 30

Saldre
2010-03-28, 02:38 PM
Everybody in the caves-

You rush across to the other side of the room- but the monsters are right behind you!

A quick glance to you're right reveals a large hollowed out pillar with a staircase inside, leading upwards.

The door ahead of you is barely a few feet away now... The Genestealers remain unrelenting, hell bent on stopping you before you reach it.

Still the voice of the priest echoes from within...

"... He relished in the passion of it all..."

Juron:

They line up, and one of them steps up and starts talking for the group (probably the self appointed leader).

"My Name is David... We're... prisoners... we got captured a few days ago: picked up from the streets by those... brutes..." He says, before turning to face the river.

"I... I don't know where it leads... but they were going to take us down there later on today... that's for sure: they were talking about it..."

As you open the barrels, they contain the same rotten rats and fish as the ones you had encountered earlier. The prisoners seems relieved enough to have been rescued, and make no attempt to hide their emotions at all.

Talkkno
2010-03-28, 03:33 PM
"I afraid to say that this river only flows downward, you are free to stay here if you'd like. I'm planning to take the boats further down the river, you can try swimming up the river if you'd like, not too far from here harbor like this one upstream and it links to the sewer, so you could get back up to surface that way. Any of you that are good with guns might want to pick those shotguns over there, that is your planning to come with me. Those with the shotguns toe up with me in front boat, the rest of you in the boat behind it. Juron says nonchalantly, as he picks up a torch, and goes the forward boat.

Saldre
2010-03-28, 04:07 PM
Juron:

They look down at the murky waters and shake their heads.

"I'd rather take my chances with the boats- were not going back there... there's something unnatural in the sewers... Either way, we have a chance now to show those things what we really think of them and their order! who's with me?!"

He says to the others as he reaches for one of the shot-guns. They cheer along with him, and a youth steps up and takes the final shot-gun before they step into the boats, and you begin to drift further down the tunnels...

The youth, obviously younger then the rest of them, seems enthusiastic about the ordeal- but rather nervous.

"Strength in numbers, eh sir? my name is Pelkie by the way..." He says from the other boat as you slowly advance.

The others on the boat behind then introduce themselves as well.

"I am Edward and my wife, Katherine- as for the last girl... she doesn't say much, she's been quiet ever since we got to the cells.." He says, pointing to woman behind him then to the final woman that's huddled at the back of the ship.

Talkkno
2010-03-28, 04:28 PM
"My name is Juron Corex, member of the Adptues Arbites, me and my team was sent here to investigate a rouge psyker...and as you can clearly see, the situation here has gotten a bit out of hand. Do you know why you were accosted by the mutants? And do you have still have family up their Bietlm? Juron introduces himself, as he puts himself sitting in the very front of the boat.

Lycan 01
2010-03-28, 06:57 PM
"Run run run run run!" Ralix yelps repeatedly through panted breath as he sprints for his life.

Running! [roll0] vs Ag 40 + 30

Bowerbird
2010-03-28, 09:18 PM
Ravion turns his head to look at Claus as he runs, "I don't know, but you can bet it's better than stopping." he idly flicks his blade out and catches another zombie to throw at the pursuing beasts.

Agility: [roll0] vs 50 + 30
Plus obstacles

crazedloon
2010-03-28, 10:43 PM
Castus

Castus continues to run his ballistics mechadendrite spins and fires at one of the genestealers which follows attempting to throw it off balance.

[roll0] vs 40
[roll1] vs 40 + 10 close - 10 fatigue = 40

FullPlateJacket
2010-03-29, 12:28 AM
"We'll see about that... these caves are only getting worse and worse for us!" Claus replies, continuing to run forwards.

Agility roll: [roll0] vs. 80

Saldre
2010-03-29, 10:47 PM
Everybody in the Caves:

You run from the gene-stealers behind you and quickly duck into the door and the next chamber... only to be blinded by the light of a thousand crystals, shining brightly from the end of a long hallway.

A quick look behind you reveals a massive stone door to the structure you have just entered, opened inwards.

"... only adding to our own pleasure and power..." The voice of the priest continues, almost a whisper in your ears.

But then, the roar of a hundred people, screaming in ecstasy, bellowed from the distance ahead- coarse half human voices shook the earth around you.

Juron:

"We were all captured at different times and places, why I cannot say." David says as you sail down the water.

Soon though, you reach a blockage in the tunnels- massive amount of debris keep the boat from moving any further. Though the rotten wood that make up the tightly packed debris seems frail, you believe that (With luck) it should be enough to hold your weight.

Behind the debris: the tunnels take on different proportions. They seem much larger, as if they open up into a system of caves.

"We'll have to climb out and get the boats across if we want to make any further..." David suggests to the arbitrator.
[OOC: 1d100 Plz :P ]

Talkkno
2010-03-29, 11:54 PM
"Ok, let's get this rolling then. Juron says he gets out the boat, and tugs it up the makeshift dam, over to the other side.

Saldre
2010-03-30, 12:01 AM
Juron:

The group exists the boats and begin to slowly move them over the debris.

"No" David continues as thick gobbets of slime drip down from the ceiling around you.

"I don't have family up there. I was planning on leaving when I got caught." He says as he helps you move the first boat over the other sides, then places it in the water.

The rest of the group have fully climbed onto the debris, and move the second boat now across it.

Suddenly, the silent girl steps on a weak spot in the structure... the ground seems to break beneath her, and she falls into the water with a loud splash!

[OOC: Perception test to notice something!]

Talkkno
2010-03-30, 12:07 AM
"Holy Throne! Juron says as he attempts to catch the girl before she falls into the water.

Awareness +20 [roll0]

Agility [roll1]

crazedloon
2010-03-30, 12:09 AM
Castus

Castus stops and turns to look at the stone doors.

One of you hold the creatures off as we close these doors.

He than moves to close the door as quickly as he can. He begins intoning a prayer to the omnissiah as he puts his full weight into the door.

[roll0] vs 40

Saldre
2010-03-30, 12:13 AM
Juron:

You spot a black spot in the water darting towards the debris, then vanishing under them just as your hand closes on the silent woman's. You grab her just as she fell, and keep her from hitting the water.

"T..thank you" she mumbles before the groups go back to the boats...

Talkkno
2010-03-30, 12:21 AM
"Whats your name? Juron says to the mysterious girl as he pulls her up.
Juron plies their boats once more into the river, holding his torch over the surrounding water, searching the black dot once more.....

Awareness +20 [roll0]

Saldre
2010-03-30, 01:06 AM
Juron:

Before you get on your separate boats, she answers you:

"Jessica" she says, her voice a faint whisper.

You begin to drift ahead quietly... unable to spot anything else. But the water is murky and dark...

Random debris drift from time to time over to your boat, but you move them aside with ease.

"This place is dangerous" Edward, the man leading the other boat says. "We don't even know where it leads..."

His wife mumbles something behind him, but a quick stare of his behalf silences her.

"Its true" David continues. "What's your plan then Arbitrator? I am not sure, but if this following the flow of the water- we should be headed south to the harbor and the sea. we'll probably find another cave that'll lead us inside town again... maybe even further away."

Talkkno
2010-03-30, 01:21 AM
Juron keeps his torch high, as he replies to the group.

"To be frank, my plan is to get to Winterhaven, and contact the governor and have him purge this entire town of the taint that suffused Bietlm.

Bowerbird
2010-03-30, 11:37 AM
Ravion tosses Castus a salute, "I'll hold them off, just get those doors shut!" He gives the new room a cursory glance before moving to the doorway and looking outside.

Can I ready to hit the first stealer that comes into melee range?
Awareness: [roll0] vs 60

Lycan 01
2010-03-30, 01:32 PM
Ralix turns the moment he gets into the structure, and throws himself against the nearest door with all the weight and force he can muster.

Strength: [roll0] vs 30

Saldre
2010-03-30, 01:35 PM
Everybody at the caves:

Ever the strong man, Ralix closes yet another heavy door practically by himself. It slams shut with a heavy thud, but it is unable to drown out the cheering crowd at the end of the hallway...

crazedloon
2010-03-30, 02:13 PM
Castus

Castus turns now that the door is closed and looks for a means of securing the door as well as examining the suroundings

[roll0] vs 75/85 [roll1]

[roll2] vs 78
[roll3] vs 65 [roll4]

Lycan 01
2010-03-30, 02:31 PM
"Castus..." Ralix pants, leaning against the door while making the sign of the Aquila weakly. "How much ammo you got left? I have a few bolts to spare, if you need 'em... I have a feeling I won't be putting them all to use, in the long run..." he grins lop-sidedly.

Lucky: [roll0] vs 7

crazedloon
2010-03-30, 02:50 PM
Castus

Castus continues to scan the area.

I shall be fine if need be the Omnissiah's blade shall succeed where my ammo fails.

Saldre
2010-03-30, 03:32 PM
Castus & Everybody there.

There is a heavy stone bar that can be propped over the door to block it. As for the building itself, you find yourself in a small circular room: two exists are available. To your right, a staircase leads to the another floor. Ahead of you, a long hallway leads to the source of the crowd.

Juron:

"That's a good plan: I have nothing left in this town, and I doubt anyone else does either." David says. As he finishes his sentence, a loud splash echoes across the hall from behind you.

Lycan 01
2010-03-30, 03:34 PM
"Yes, but I can only dispence a few of the Emperor's Holy Bolts at a time, while you can reap entire swaths of heretics with your Bolter. So while I don't doubt the validity of your blade, I do think we need to be prepared to face and kill large numbers of the Unclean. Soooo..." Ralix digs into his robe, and pulls out a pair of 8-round clips. He then holds them out to Castus, and smirks. "Take 'em. I insist. Waste not, want not, y'know?"

Talkkno
2010-03-30, 03:34 PM
"Did you hear anything behind you? Juron speaks to the people in the back boat, as he focuses his mind to the Sea of Souls.

Pyicennse: [roll0]

Saldre
2010-03-30, 03:36 PM
Juron:

You turn around only to find everybody as flabbergasted as you. Edward and his wife are staring at an empty spot in the boat: Jessica is missing.

"She was here a second ago" The wife says, panicking "I turned around for a second... and then she was gone!"

Talkkno
2010-03-30, 03:40 PM
Something is amiss here.... Juron mumbles, as he attempts to find some disturbance in he Immaterium

Pysicnence: [roll0]

Saldre
2010-03-30, 03:43 PM
Juron:

You sense several sources of disruption to the warp around you- and the anomalies are swimming straight for your boat!

[Edit: As you have dedicated them, your allowed to brace yourself: very easy (+30) strength test to steady the boat]

Talkkno
2010-03-30, 03:49 PM
"Brace for impact! Incoming hostiles! Fire at my signal! Juron says firmly, as he attempts to steady his boat from the incoming bodies.

Strength Check: [roll0]

crazedloon
2010-03-30, 03:50 PM
Castus

Castus takes the bolts a smirk hidden in his heavy cowl.

Thank you Ralix.

He moves to the large stone bar and begins to lift it into place with his manipulator as his hands transfer the bolts from their smaller clip into his his larger magazine.

[roll0] vs 40

Saldre
2010-03-30, 03:53 PM
Castus and the group:

The stone bar drops down, sealing the door behind you.

Juron:

The boat begins to shake as something attempts to overturn it from the bottom of the water- you hold on with great difficulty it sways from side to side, threatening to cast you off at any second.

Failing to overturn it, your attackers try another approach: a loud scream rises from the back-boat as you spot claws rising from the depths of the water and attempt to close around your ankles, trying to drag you down into the depths...

crazedloon
2010-03-30, 04:00 PM
Castus

Castus slides the magazine back into his bolter and switches the fire select to that clip. He than begins to move towards the exit leading to another floor.

[roll0] vs 75/85 [roll1]

[roll2] vs 78
[roll3] vs 65 [roll4]

Talkkno
2010-03-30, 04:02 PM
"Keep fire displine, theres 4 more these fraggers around here somewhere! Juron says firmly, as he takes aim at the beady hands for a moment, and lets loose a hail of slugs.

BS +10 for aiming [roll0]

Damage: [roll1]

Command: [roll2]

Saldre
2010-03-30, 04:06 PM
Juron:

The people panic at the sight of the claws: the kid can't quite take the pressure and unloads his shotgun into the darkness in a frenzied attempt to get rid of the monsters.

Your thunderous shot drowns out the screaming and yelling, blasting off the creatures hand. No sooner do the bloody stumps retreat into the water that two more their takes place...

Lycan 01
2010-03-30, 04:09 PM
"We're not going down the hallway?" Ralix arches a confused eyebrow. "I thought you always went for the biggest source of danger, and I'm sure the hallway has the most chance of getting us killed. Who are you, and where is the real Castus?" the Adept chuckles, hoping to relieve some of the stress from the situation with humor.

Saldre
2010-03-30, 04:16 PM
Castus and the rest of the team:

The set of stairs leads to the upper floors of this tower: looking inside, you find that its much further then you had anticipated and seems to go on and on for quite a while.

Talkkno
2010-03-30, 04:16 PM
Edward, starting reloading yours, David reload mines, Purge the Unclean! Juron bellows, as he takes David's shotgun taking aim and fires another blast of slugs at the mutants.

BS +40(Point blank and aiming) [roll0]

Saldre
2010-03-30, 04:21 PM
Juron:

Grabs wrenches the shot-gun from the youth's hands and throws it to the older man in the other boat. Then, they both begin to reload their respective guns as You shoot down the monsters.

You hit another pair of claws, driving their own down into the water. The final two begin to rise- while the one you have missed now closes his hand around the nearest leg he can find, his shoulder over the boat: his bulgy eyes and scaly face staring at you half-submerged in the water.

1d3 (1- Kid 2- Juron 3- David) ([roll0])

Talkkno
2010-03-30, 04:28 PM
Juron takes his Charnest crossbow and fires into the mutant on the bolt.

"Purge the unclean! Juron yells.

BS +40 [roll0]

Saldre
2010-03-30, 04:44 PM
Juron:

The holy stake pierces trough the monster's skull, lodging itself in its his eye-socket: it gurgles and drops backwards into the water. The final three now reach out onto the people on the boat, trying to grab them.

[roll0]-[roll1]
[roll2]-[roll3]
[roll4]-[roll5]

Talkkno
2010-03-30, 05:51 PM
Juron slams the grappler with a hammer of mental force.

WP[roll0]

Opposed Willpower: [roll2]

Saldre
2010-03-30, 06:11 PM
Juron:

The clawed hand grappling you holds tight and begins to pull you to the side: intent on throwing you off the boat, if you don't break free your sure to fall!

[OOC: One more strength test- you gotta beat [roll0] 1 Degree of Success...

Bowerbird
2010-03-30, 06:14 PM
"Indeed, i would dearly like to introduce this heretic to my blade, as I have done with the others of his flock.." Ravion looks down at his Witch-Lance, "The voice is the priest from the church, I saw him vanish before my eyes, either he is also a witch, or perhaps he is one of the beings we came here to kill? Either way, what is our plan now?"

Talkkno
2010-03-30, 06:27 PM
Juron once again attempts to knock the mutant off him with mental force.

WP: [roll0]

Opposed WP [roll2]

Phemaonona: [roll3]

Saldre
2010-03-30, 06:38 PM
Juron:

Only one of the shot-guns goes off: David's is Jammed! Edward's shot barely scratches the scaly skin of the creatures blasts off its head just as another one grabs onto you and still tries to pulls you down into the depths of the water...

You find yourself teetering on the edge of the boat- two of them the attackers are left.

Talkkno
2010-03-30, 06:52 PM
Juron grabs the creatures face, blasting it with physic energy.

WP[roll0]
Opposed WP: [roll2]

Pheamona: [roll3]

Saldre
2010-03-30, 07:07 PM
Juron:

You blast the hybrid grabbing your leg into the water with a powerful mental push. As he sinks down, a thick red stain of blood boils up to pollute the surface of the water... The final hybrid abandons the boat, diving into the depths and vanishing from sight.

There is only a chilling silence now, broken by the occasional lapping of dark waters...

"What the hell happened!? Is everybody fine!?" David yells out, as he helps you regain your balance.

Talkkno
2010-03-30, 07:12 PM
"I'm fine, no real damage. Let's continue , shall we? We just got attacked by mutants, and one them escaped, so they know we are, more the reason we need to move fast. Juron says, as if nothing had happen, as the reloads his shotgun, plying the boats on the river once more.

crazedloon
2010-03-30, 07:42 PM
Castus

We must find a means to gain a tactical advantage because their numbers are too great.

Lycan 01
2010-03-30, 07:45 PM
"Hm..." Ralix mutters, pondering their options. He proceeds to reach into his robes, and pull out two things - his bolt pistol, and his chainknife. He flicks the safety off the pistol, and presses a button on the chainknife. The weapon begins to hum gently, and the teeth of the blade begin to slowly twirl at a neutral pace. "The way I see it, we can either charge in and cut through the crowd before they have a chance to react. Or we can try the stairs, and hope it takes us to higher ground and a better vantage point. Castus, can you scan anything to get a layout of the place?"

Bowerbird
2010-03-30, 07:46 PM
Ravion looks around the room, "I don't see how.. we're on their turf now, they know the terrain best.. the only small advantages we have are that they seem to hesitate when they go to attack me.. The most effective plan so far has been to charge in and cut off the head, leaving only the weaker members.."

Saldre
2010-03-30, 07:48 PM
Juron:

As you reload your shotgun gun, you hear Edward's cocking: his voice interrupts you.

"Behind you Arbitrator!" He says and fires into the darkness.

You turn your head just in time to spot something scuttle on the sides of the caverns. The walls and ceiling are lined with a faint blue light- crystals no doubt, the same you had seen earlier that day with the rest of the group.

"What the hell Edward!" David cries out.

"There was one of those things... were surrounded now: I can feel it. We need to stick together... I have to get my wife out of here... Arbitrator- Witch or not, we'll keep your secret: you did save us after all." Edward replies, obviously the ordeal with the hybrids having affected him more so then the rest.

Talkkno
2010-03-30, 07:54 PM
"Thus the need for us to keep moving, The Emperor Protects" Juron says assuredly, as he plies there boats, his mind once again immeressed in the Warp.

Pysicience: [roll0]

Saldre
2010-03-30, 07:56 PM
Castus:

"Reserve is for the Weak" A faint voice whispers in your ear...

Ralix:

"Cast Inhibitions to the wind..." A faint voice whispers in your ear...

Claus:

"Constraints have no place in this realm of darkness..." A faint voice whispers in your ear...

Castus, Ralix & Claus:

"The time for sacrifice is nearing... You have come this far, and you are expected... Bear witness to the beginning, to the end: to the great father himself..." A booming voice seems to echo across the cave walls, coming from the end of the hallway...

crazedloon
2010-03-30, 08:13 PM
Castus

Castus begins to chant a hymn to the Omnissiah as loud as he can. He pulls out his psytracker as he chants. He begins to examine the entire building with all his senses.

[roll0] vs 75/85 [roll1]

[roll2] vs 78 auspex
[roll3] vs 65 [roll4]

[roll5] vs 78 psytracker
[roll6] vs 65 [roll7]

Saldre
2010-03-30, 08:13 PM
Juron:

You detect fluctuations to the warp emanating from all around you: clearly these crystals seem to conduct the vial energy, resonating with it.

As your boat continues on down the underground river... you enter a vast chamber far different then all of the others one. Though the ceilings and the walls are pitch-black, the water in the room is illuminated by massive amount of crystals lining the ground...

[OOC: As you enter this room, you feel their corrupting taint over your hearts... you gain [roll0] Corruptions point for all of your exposure to the Crystals thus far.]

The group is amazed by the sight: both beautiful but corrupting.

"You... you said you were going to destroy this place? Biltem that Is?" Edward says as you move the boats across the room.

Saldre
2010-03-30, 08:19 PM
Castus:

You detect massive amounts of life-forms from the end of the hall-way... and something else: something you can't quite understand: perhaps another mound? Much, Much, Much larger then the first one you have encountered.

Your Psy-tracker overloads. Something in the area has completely fried its circuitry, and it has shut itself down. As this is the second time this happens, it completely refuses to re-open until it has rested its secondary systems.

Talkkno
2010-03-30, 08:20 PM
"Don't stare at the crystals too much if you can help it, we need to keep our eyes open. Juron says, as he shakes his head, keeping his torch close to the water.

"Yes, Biltem will be razed to the ground. This taint risks corrupting the subsector if I do not enact extreme action. Juron answers, making sure the boats are close together to each other as possible, as he plies the water.

Saldre
2010-03-30, 08:21 PM
Juron:

"I... i might not have any family there... but everything I own is up there... Will we get a chance to get somethings back?" He asks.

Bowerbird
2010-03-30, 08:22 PM
"What is it Castus?" Ravion says, looking worriedly at his silent companions, "You guys looks like you've seen a ghost.. well moreso than usual.."

crazedloon
2010-03-30, 08:23 PM
Castus

Castus's chant continues and increases in volume. He puts the tracker back in his bag and draws his flamer. He begins to swiftly, for him, climb the stairs to the next level.

Talkkno
2010-03-30, 08:24 PM
"Be glad enough that I saved your life, Edward. If you wish to go back to Bietlm, I'm not going to stop you, but I'm heading to Winterhaven." Juron replies with a hint of irritation.

Saldre
2010-03-30, 08:29 PM
Castus:

The stairs go on and on. You leave your team behind. Soon, you stumble upon a large circular, dome-like room: strange growths run rampant all over the walls, like veins. At the center of the ceiling, an upside down mound of flesh (this time actually a mound), hangs down. At the other end of the room, a straight passage that goes up, but in a straight line.

"You flee from your destiny... Come, and walk the path of the resolve..."

Saldre
2010-03-30, 08:32 PM
Juron:

"N..no... That's not what I meant..." He says, turning away. He leans over the water, and reaches inside for a crystal. "I am just going to take one of these... there's no harm in taking one, right? At the price these things sell... we'll be rich forever..."

"Edward are you crazy!? We have to get out of here now!" David chimes in.

[OOC: Perception Test to notice something...]

Talkkno
2010-03-30, 08:36 PM
"I wouldn't if I were you, those things have a unfortunate tendency to explode...What are these things anyway? He replies to Edward, as his eyes zoom into the distance, doing his best to avoid the crystal's mesmerizing gaze.

Awareness +20 [roll0]

Lycan 01
2010-03-30, 08:47 PM
"There in our heads, Ravion..." Ralix mutters, eyes going wide and face draining of color. "I think we've lost the element of surprise."

As Castus runs off and up the stairs, Ralix gives chase. "Once again, Cogboy, we fail to plan anything out!"

Saldre
2010-03-30, 09:17 PM
Juron:

"Those things are cursed- they are supposed to be the source of Biltem's wealth, but all the thrones they bring in just goes to the Obes instead" David replies.

Edward turns abruptly to face the group. Instead, his wife leans over the boat and tries to reach the crystals.

"Don't you see: this is our chance to pay them back- look at all of these crystals, we can just a take a few with us: who's going to kno-"

Before he finishes his sentence, a piercing scream interrupts the argument abruptly. Katerine, as she attempted to reach a large crystal, put her in hand in a formless, semi-liquid mass... at first it seemed like some sort of coral growth, but soon it begins climbing over her arm with fluid swiftness- burning and devouring her flesh as it travels.

The rest of the creature rises to the surfaces, revealing trough the writhing mass of jaws and claws the half-digested, half-chewed remains of its previous victims- mangled gape-mouthed corpses, with horribly gnawed heads, bloated torsos and partially dissolved limbs... all churned into a horrifying human stew.

[OOC: No picture can portray the horror of this monstrous thing... you'll have to roll Fear 2 for it...]

crazedloon
2010-03-30, 09:34 PM
Castus

Castus switches his flamers cartridge out for the one with the least fluid left. He aims the cartridge at the mound on the ceiling and he fires the flamer.

[roll0]

Saldre
2010-03-30, 09:36 PM
Castus:

You burn the mound- it seems to retract at its hanging bottom is seared off- it does not catch fire however, leaving the rest of it intact.

crazedloon
2010-03-30, 09:39 PM
Castus

Castus fires the weapon once more into the mound. When the flames cease he pops the cartridge out and loads the new one.

[roll0]

Saldre
2010-03-30, 09:42 PM
Castus-

The mound is completely incinerated. On the other hand, you cant help but feel the vein-like growths on the wall moving... as if they were breathing...

Lycan 01
2010-03-30, 09:44 PM
Ralix stumbles upon the pryomaniac Cogboy, and simply stands aside while Castus does his work. "I think we have bigger fish to fry, Castus..." Ralix mutters. "I think you should save your promethium for the things actually capable of hurting us..."

Awareness +20: [roll1] vs Per 40

crazedloon
2010-03-30, 09:47 PM
Castus

I was testing a theory. Now we shall continue.

Castus than begins down the new hall

Lycan 01
2010-03-30, 09:51 PM
Shaking off an odd headache and a strange forboding feeling, Ralix shrugs and follows after Castus. "Are those walls supposed to be twitching?" he casually remarks.

Bowerbird
2010-03-30, 09:58 PM
"Damn... oh well," Ravion shrugs, "So much for planning, The Emperor protects.." with that he rushes off up the stairs after the others, "Come on Claus, keep up,"

Saldre
2010-03-30, 10:06 PM
Everybody Expect Juron:

You walk across the room, the sound of the cheering crowd lessens and fades into the background, every step you take leading you further away from its source...

Instead, the New Hallway extends into infinity: its length is unfathomable. But its general direction seems clear- you suspect, recalling the map of the Psy-tracker, that this passage (like many others) connects back to the cave network beneath Biltem...

Bowerbird
2010-03-30, 10:10 PM
"Is this even the right way? Shouldn't we be.. you know.. killing things.." Ravion stops to examine the pulsing walls, "Let me try something," he draws his lance and attempts to drive it into the wall.

WS:
Damage: [roll1d10+8 Pen 6

Lycan 01
2010-03-30, 10:20 PM
Ralix slows down slightly, before pausing to think for a moment. "We're heading back the way we came from. Should we turn around and try to kill the priest? Or should we see if we can find another path or alternative route?"

Saldre
2010-03-30, 10:22 PM
Ravion:

Your sword pierces one of the flesh growth and a putrid green liquid pours out. The entire structure seems to shudder...

Talkkno
2010-03-30, 11:18 PM
"Emperor protect your servent in his hour of peril..... Juron mutters, as he paddles in a frenzy away from the creature, flowing with the river's current.

Saldre
2010-03-30, 11:33 PM
Juron:

Possessed by the Emperor's spirit, you begin to paddle in frenzy- quickly bringing the boat away from the horrifying creature- its incessant gibbering filling your mind.

It completely engulfs Jessica, forming itself into a massive pillar of semi-flesh that reaches nearly to the ceiling. Inside, you can see the woman struggling to get out, her muffled screaming drowned out by the creature devouring her alive.

From beneath Edward's both, several tiny claws rise up from the water and surround it, pouring on-board. He screams in terror and attempts kick them overboard, only to find them clinching to his skin... Panicking, he abandons his wife and begins to row his own boat behind you...

On your boat, David and Pelki row along with you as more and more of the creature seems to appear, spreading into the water- rising from some underwater crevasse: seemingly chasing after Edward...

Talkkno
2010-03-30, 11:41 PM
"I TOLD YOU FRAGGIN IDIOTS NOT TO TOUCH THE CRYSTALS!!! Juron says, he yells at Edward, as he mumurs the litany of fear to his comrades.

"Fear is naught, for my faith is strong!

STR: [roll0]

Saldre
2010-03-30, 11:47 PM
Juron:

Edward paddles as best he can, but the horrid thing on his arm keeps on biting him- so much so it seems to burn and as he paddles, eats trough his right arm! Blood gushes from the wound, but before he can react- the massive pillar behind him topples down and grabs him head-first, sucking him into its mass: feeding on him from head to toe until nothing it leaves nothing behind...

Talkkno
2010-03-30, 11:51 PM
"Give me strength to carry my duty through, and smite those who seek to thwart me! Juron chants the litany of duty, as they row their boat furiously.

STR[roll0]
[roll1]

Saldre
2010-03-30, 11:54 PM
Juron:

Having completely devoured him, the creature topples back down into the water and its black shadow spreads across the water towards you...

[roll0]- It moves 2 steps. Your still at 4 I Believe.

Talkkno
2010-03-30, 11:57 PM
"Oh Emperor of Mankind, Send Your Gaze to me with benevolence, Watch over Your servant and solider, And protect me from peril. Juron mutters the litany of protection, pushing himself to limt in rowing.

[roll0]

Saldre
2010-03-31, 12:00 AM
Juron:

You spot solid ground in the distance- a large dome-like stone structure is embedded in walls of the cave: your almost there!

The monster is unrelenting, spreading like a plague...

[roll0]

Talkkno
2010-03-31, 12:03 AM
"Mighty Emperor, spread Your divine light to protect me from the darkness... Juron mutters as he they keeping rowing.

STR [roll0]

Saldre
2010-03-31, 12:07 AM
Juron:

Your boat hits solid ground at least- behind you, no sign of the creature: its delved back into the deep.

Ahead of you, the survivors have already disembarked. You stand before a small platform that rises a few feet above the water. Facing you, a single stone door- with no lock or handle, bars the way to a giant stone dome-like structure built into the very walls of the caves.

The cave is illuminated by the faint light of shining crystals...

Talkkno
2010-03-31, 12:09 AM
"Is everyone all right? Juron asks, stopping to take a breath, as he goes near the door, and puts ear next to it, trying to see if he can hear anything.

Awareness +20 [roll0]

Saldre
2010-03-31, 12:14 AM
Juron:

"Were fine" David and Pelki reply. "But what in the world was that thing? Are there more of it? and where the hell are we!? So many questions!"

You hear nothing from the other side of the stone wall, it is far too thick.

Talkkno
2010-03-31, 12:18 AM
"I wish I had a answer...why did you guys stay in Bietlm as the taint descended on it? You two seem far more healthy looking then most people live in this Emperor-forsaken town. Juron asks, as he focuses his mind to the warp.

Pysicncnece: [roll0]

Saldre
2010-03-31, 12:22 AM
Juron:

"We can't quite leave the town- many have tried before, they all end up missing. Were sure the Order is responsible for it. We've had to go by, listening to them all the time... not much of a choice you see when they control everything." David answers.

You sense no disturbance in the warp.

Talkkno
2010-03-31, 12:28 AM
"Stand back, what is this "Order" you speak of? Juron remarks, as he foces his mental force at the stone door.

FullPlateJacket
2010-03-31, 12:46 AM
"Perhaps we should go back? I've got some bullets just waiting to go through that heretic's forehead," Claus says as he walks down the hallway. "I've actually got plenty of bullets left, one of the great things about carrying so many guns..."

Saldre
2010-03-31, 12:51 AM
Juron:

You shatter the stone door blocking your path, revealing an entry to a large circular room. Strange carvings are etched onto the walls all around it. At the center of the chamber, a large golden bell hangs from the ceiling. At the other end of the room, a passageway leads downwards.

Talkkno
2010-03-31, 12:56 AM
"David, take the back, I'll be in front. Juron says he goes inside the chamber, examining the golden bell.

Awareness +20 [roll0]

Saldre
2010-03-31, 01:01 AM
Juron:

Though massive, it is merely a golden bell. A Cord hangs from its side- used to ring it.

Talkkno
2010-03-31, 01:09 AM
"Do you guys know a women named Bervely by any chance? She has a really nice house in a bad part of town... Juron mutters to the others, as he opens the door on the other side.

Bowerbird
2010-03-31, 07:53 AM
Ravion uses his blade to hack the symbol of The Emperor into the wall. "These walls are alive.. I say we go back and perform some killing.."

crazedloon
2010-03-31, 10:27 AM
Castus

Indeed we must return to the priests chamber. Arm yourselves well.

Castus than begins to walk to that chamber.

Lycan 01
2010-03-31, 10:43 AM
Ralix follows after the rest of the team, casually twirling his whirring chain-knife. "We have a responsibility to the mission and to the Emperor. I don't think we've got much chance of assaulting a roaring crowd and that Psyker-priest-person-thing and getting out of it in one piece. So, if we have to die, I say we take as many of them with us as we can. I'd suggest we use a wedge formation, with Claus in the center. We keep him covered and kill as many grunts as possible, while he uses his sniper rifle to take out the priest. Sound like a plan?"

crazedloon
2010-03-31, 10:50 AM
Castus

A shall burn a path through the heretics while you and the Null cover my flanks and kill any that attempt to break past us. A Claus should remain in the rear where he can take the priest from range.

Bowerbird
2010-03-31, 10:54 AM
Ravion stops idly carving Imperial Eagles and Rosaries in the bleeding wall and jogs to catch up with the others, "Did your auspex reveal anything about the room, Castus?"

Saldre
2010-03-31, 11:08 AM
Everybody at the caves:

You reach the bottom floor again. The voice of the priest carries on with the sermon...

"...and so He came, bearing the will of the hungry and unrelenting..."

The crowd cheers, the tower shakes and a loud scream echoes on the walls around you...

"Watching them as they slept, planting the dark seeds of corruption into their very essence..."

There is something eerie about it: it is as if he was addressing them.

crazedloon
2010-03-31, 12:13 PM
Castus

There seems to be another tower of flesh and spawning ground. Or at least that is my best estimate.

Castus begins down the hall towards the chamber with the priest. He holds his pistol in one hand and begins to mutter a prayer under his breath.

[roll0] vs 75/85 [roll1]

[roll2] vs 78
[roll3] vs 78 [roll4]

Lycan 01
2010-03-31, 02:10 PM
"Would anyone like the say a prayer?" Ralix muttered, trying to calm his nerves and steel his resolve.

Saldre
2010-03-31, 11:28 PM
Juron:

"Beverly? No, I am afraid It doesn't ring a bell. On the other hand, we have more pressing things to worry about: did you hear something?" He says, as he looks from side to side.

Talkkno
2010-03-31, 11:36 PM
Nope, let's keep moving. Juron says as he picks up a torch, and walks down the passageway.

Saldre
2010-03-31, 11:42 PM
Everybody at the caves: Juron keep out :P

You walk into the hallway leading to the final room:

This final cave opens into a crescent cliff and a enormous chamber that seems to extend into infinity.Thousands of crystals- titanic in size, line the walls and ceilings: so much so that the the entire room is brightly lit.

The priest's voice echoes in your very mind, though Ravion only hears the guttural prayers and ecstatic croaks of a thousand half-human voices.

"He observed them as they worked...."

In the distance to your right, tainted mates and monstrous hybrids are sprawled on the floor and couple, frantic and frenzied- these fathers and mothers continue on, ignoring you, as they endlessly breed and reproduce the seed of the cult...

"...As they played..."

Ahead of you, three genestealers drive their scythe-arms into the open rib-cage of a fresh corpse: having sliced it open from head to toe, they feast on the bloody innards of their horribly mutilated victim.

"...And as they rested..."

To you left, hundreds of hybrids: turned blue and completely bald, Genestealer mates, grovel in prayer. Bowing down to the empty space ahead, they take up the entire cliff...

"...For they had called upon His wrath..."

Behind the genestealers, chained to a towering stalagmite, a terrified woman is screaming in both despair and agony.

Even further into the depths of the cave, from the ravine behind the cliffs, a large shadow spreads out from behind a rocky corner. An ominous shuffling, as if some enormous mass was being forcefully dragged forward, rises over the cacophony of sounds.

"...And death was sure to follow..."

A deafening roar suddenly shakes the entire cavern: if not for the various vein-like growth strengthening its structural integrity, you have no doubt it would have collapsed....

[OOC: The Genestealer's central nest is a sight horrifying to behold, truly you are in the mouth of madness: (Storyline) Fear 2 Test... (Also, Lycan- is there something that you suddenly remember? :P)

Saldre
2010-04-01, 12:25 AM
Juron:

As you begin to walk down the hallway- you hear footsteps making their way towards you.

"There is only one left, isn't there?"

"Yes, brother: and he's escaped The Formless Ones."

"No Matter- another sacrifice for the Great Father, we must keep him satisfied until the tonight's events: the time is right, so says the magus."

You hear the hybrids conversing as they shuffle ever closer towards you...

Talkkno
2010-04-01, 12:36 AM
"Ok, we charge at them to point blank range if they got guns, if they have melee weapons, we take aim and blast them from here. Juron whispers tersely, as reality distorts around him.

Concealment: [roll0]

crazedloon
2010-04-01, 01:09 AM
Castus

Castus's voice rises up singing the prayer to the Omnissiah for his protection and he levels his weapon at the genestealer in the middle. He sights down the weapon waiting only long enough to see how the others react sight before him.

[roll0] vs 48 + 10 resistance - 10 fear 2

Bowerbird
2010-04-01, 01:16 AM
"Hold, Brother Castus, I fear that something more deserving of your bolts is about to appear. Stand fast comrades!" Ravion says, brandishing his two power weapons, "I fear this fight shall be a tough one."

Lycan 01
2010-04-01, 01:18 AM
"Hail the Emperor, on the Throne of Terra..." Ralix mutters, revving up his chainknife and leveling his bolt pistol with the nearest Genestealer. He makes sure to keep Claus covered, and slips a bit closer to Castus to keep their formation tighter. "Be with Your servants in their hour of need. I pray to Thee that our actions will bring glory to Your Name, and I commend to Thee our Dying Deeds and Righteous Souls..." he mutters, his hands shaking in terror as his mind begins to fit all the pieces of the puzzle into place.

"Its been an honor to serve with you guys..." the Adept mumbles somberly.

Saldre
2010-04-01, 01:25 AM
Juron:

You can spot their shadows now- five of them, coming your way.

"The Great father is feasting- we must hurry, the time is near..." One of them croaks.

Looking down, you can see them shuffling towards you: dressed in long, hooded green robes that hide their grotesque shape underneath, leaving them hunchbacked and crooked as they advance.

Talkkno
2010-04-01, 01:36 AM
Juron puts up a hand signal foward to singal to charge, as he runs(hopefully with David) to the cultists and once in point blank range, blasts them with their shotguns.

BS +30 from point blank, +30 as they are surprised. [roll0]

Saldre
2010-04-01, 01:52 AM
Juron:

You fire your shot-gun into the huddled hybrids as they converse- taking them by surprise. Pieces of flesh and gore fly off from beneath their robes as your shots sends two of them flying, and leave the third one bloody.

Growling, he leaps at you, bearing his fangs- from the depths of his robe a third hand rises, and he attempts to drive the sharp claw protruding at its end into your face.

But David steps in just in time to blast him away against a wall, leaving only a blood stained as he slumps down onto the floor.

The two that are left charge you, but miss, still shaken by your surprise attack.

Talkkno
2010-04-01, 02:04 AM
"You might want to stand back for this. Juron mumurs to David, as he yells the litany against the mutant, as he summons forth a collum of flame agiasn't the hyrpids.

"Emperor, let your undeniable light burn on the misshapen and twisted, so I can see them with true sight, and purge them with righteous fire!

Pancake time! (Fire storm)

Bowerbird
2010-04-01, 02:06 AM
"If you would kindly keep the door covered, I shall see if I can dispatch these beasts while they are distracted.. No need to make the fight any harder than it ought to be. Save your ammunition for the big one though," At Ralix's comment Ravion adds: "Likewise, though i fail to see how it's relevant right now, The Emperor would not have delivered us here for us to merely die." with that he creeps up on the three genestealers feasting and in a flurry of blades begins taking them down.

Full Attack on them, i will attack one til it's dead then move to the next, if one attack drops my target then the next will be on it's companion.
Attack1
WS: [roll0] vs 50
Attack2
WS: [roll2] vs 50
Damage: [roll3]
Attack3
WS: [roll4] vs 50
Damage: [roll5]
Blademaster
WS: [roll6] vs 50

crazedloon
2010-04-01, 02:17 AM
Castus

Castus watches as Ravion moves to the genestealers and waits to fire at the first one to react to his presence.

[roll0] vs 75/85 [roll1]
attempting to note if they notice Ravion

Saldre
2010-04-01, 02:26 AM
Down in the cave-

As soon as Ravion takes a few steps towards the Genestealers, they react with lightning reflexes. Raising their heads from the blood carcass, their bear their fangs at the assassin and charge him- slashing their scythed arms at him before quickly jumping back out of his reach.

[OOC: Two of them successfully hit you, dodge or suffer 16 and 11 damage with a Pen of 7- you must charge them to hit, and they are not point blank for the rest of you- but they are not in melee either.]

Juron:

The two remaining cultists suddenly catch begin to burn as their robes catch on fire- their screams, coarse and inhuman, echo across the hall as they run back from whence they came.

Talkkno
2010-04-01, 02:32 AM
"Is everyone all right? And kid you can come down. Juron remarks as he reloads his shotgun, picking up his torch, as he sends a message pulse to his comrades in the caves using telepathy.

crazedloon
2010-04-01, 02:35 AM
Castus

Castus fires a volley of full auto bolts into the creature he had been sighting against since they had entered the room. As his litany continues unbroken.

[roll0] vs 40 + 20 aim + 10 short range + size - 10 fatigue = 60 + size

[roll1]
tearing
[roll2]

[roll3]
tearing
[roll4]

[roll5]
tearing
[roll6]

[roll7]
tearing
[roll8]

Lycan 01
2010-04-01, 02:41 AM
Without a word, Ralix fires another burst of bolts into the center Genestealer, hoping to drop it before it can attack Ravion again.

Lucky: [roll0]

Bolt Pistol: [roll1] vs BS 50 + 20

Damage 1: [roll2]

Damage 2: [roll3]

crazedloon
2010-04-01, 02:43 AM
Castus

Castus continues his weapons fire on the same genestealer even as their attacks fall on his companion.

[roll0] vs 40 + 10 range + size - 10 +30 = 70 + size

[roll1]
tearing
[roll2]

[roll3]
tearing
[roll4]

[roll5]
tearing
[roll6]

[roll7]
tearing
[roll8]

Bowerbird
2010-04-01, 07:59 AM
Seeing that he has lost the element of surprise, Ravion gives up all pretense of stealth, breaking into a run, leaping forward woth his spear, hoping to skewer the beast.

I still think they should have checked twice.. once to hear me coming, once to see me when they turn around..
then again, they do have a hive-mind and there are other things in here.. *grumbles*

Talkkno
2010-04-02, 12:29 AM
"Let's keep moving. Juron mutters to the others, as he finishes reloading his shotgun, spitting on the burnt corpses, as he moves along the hall, searching for any disturtance in the warp ahead.

Pyiecense: [roll0]

Saldre
2010-04-02, 12:45 AM
Combat in the caves- Summary post:

The Genestealer in the middle is bloodied, having taken the bulk of your attack. Still, it leaps at Ravion alongside the two others- only to be impaled by the assassin's lance and ripped to shreds by Castus's volley of bolts and Ralix's plasma.

The two remaining Tyranids slash at Ravion: though he expertly dodges one of them, the other drives its sharp talons into his chest.

[OOC: though it technically should have also attacked Ravion before it died,your combined efforts destroy it before it gets a chance to.]

Juron:

Your march for what seems like hours- Pelki remaining rather silent behind you guys, while David keeps his eyes and ears opened for anything unusual.

As you go further into the hallway, more and more crystals begin to line the walls, (replacing the torches as a source of faint light), as they slowly convert from constructed stonework to rough caverns. Soon, a strange fleshy growth appears, extending out from the depths of the caves, wrapping itself around the tunnel-like hallway. A noxious smell soon permeates the air, coming from the deeper end.

Eventually, you enter a large circular room much like the previous one. Though instead of a bell hanging from the center of its ceiling, you find a large mound of the fleshy substance- but it us burned: clearly the source of the disgusting odor.

Lycan 01
2010-04-02, 12:50 AM
"Ravion!" Ralix yelps, blasting the Genestealer that just impaled his comrade. "Hang in there buddy!"

Bolt Pistol Burst: [roll1] vs BS 50 + 10 laser + 10 best + 10 s-a + 10 close - 10 fear = 80

2 shots left in this clip...

Talkkno
2010-04-02, 01:06 AM
"Were in the Jaws of hell now, I won't make you come with me, the thing we encountered in the river, theirs bound to be more of those things, your free to go back and wait for me for me to come back...though I will say this, this is the source of Bietlm's taint. My comrades are likely having the fight of their lives at the moment, and it is paramount importance we succed. If we fail here, not only Tiphon Minor, but the entire sector could be imperiled by the taint. I will not blame you for faltering here, for it this is not the station the Emperor placed on you to fight, but before you make your decision, remember this, Men united in purpose in the purpose of the Emperor are blessed in His sight and shall live forever in his memory. So, are any of you willing to face the mouth of the Beast? Juron stirs, impressioning as much energy as he can to his comrades, facing them.

Command: [roll0]

Saldre
2010-04-02, 01:10 AM
Juron:

Your rousing speech calms Pelki down, as he was clearly on the verge of collapse. Owing his life to you, he nods in agreement with your speech, unwilling to let the arbitrator down.

As for David, he loads his shot-gun: "We'll rid Biltem of this evil once and for all- if they can bleed, then those mutants can be killed."

Talkkno
2010-04-02, 01:17 AM
Juron tosses Pelki his shotgun.
"Into the Jaws of hell then, Emperor, bestow on us Your righteous fury and Your furious strength. Let us become the storm that blasts the enemy from Your sight. Juron chants the litany of war, as he attempts to track his wayward comrades.

Castus's footprints can't be too hard to find.. Juron mumurs.

Tracking +10 [roll0]

Saldre
2010-04-02, 01:18 AM
Juron:

Beneath the mound, you recognize multiple footprints- human footprints, left by something heavy. They are still relatively fresh, and lead further down into the caves.

You follow the footsteps down a set of stairs. As you advance, you hear the thunderous roar of a bolt-gun firing on full auto, followed by a familiar voice yelling something out.

"What in the devil is going on there!?" David yells out.

Talkkno
2010-04-02, 01:42 AM
"The fruit of Bietlm's taint." Juron remarks grimly, as he follows the sound of gun fire.

Saldre
2010-04-02, 01:55 AM
Juron:

You enter the room within- and as you do, a horrifying feeling washes over you: a feeling so alien to your body and soul that you can't help but feel tainted yourself as it seems to crawl all over your skin and overwhelm your psyche.

Once inside, you bear witness to the horrors ahead: the genestealer mates breeding, feasting, praying- a cacophony of inhuman sounds singing a song of madness.

A few feet ahead of you, your squad-mates unload clip after clip of ammunition on two genestealers attacking Ravion just as one of them sinks its claws into his chest. Behind them, a woman chained to a stalagmite screams, terrified.

Pelki and David stand besides you: completely taken back by the gruesome scenery. And from the depths of the cave, you feel the source of your continued nausea- the overwhelming feeling of despair, slowly (and inevitably) making its way towards you: it will soon creep up from behind the distant rocks... and the sight of it is sure to drive you mad...

[OOC: Fear 2 test, like the others- your resistance to insanity applies.]

Talkkno
2010-04-02, 02:08 AM
"Remember, fear is naught, for our faith is strong! Smite this foe! Smash the enemy! For the Emperor we bring death! CHARGE!" Juron rouses his comrades loudly, his voice echoing threw the chamber.

Command: [roll0]

crazedloon
2010-04-03, 03:27 AM
Castus

Castus flips his ammo selector to his other clip and turns his weapon on the creature that Ralix has begun to fire upon. He than lets the bolter bark another round of fully automatic weapons fire. As his weapon expels the bolts Castus allows his senses take in the scene around him so as to avoid tunnel vision.

[roll0] vs 40 - 10 fatigue + 10 close range + 30 full auto + size = 70+size

all shocking
[roll1]
tearing
[roll2]

[roll3]
tearing
[roll4]

[roll5]
tearing
[roll6]

[roll7]
tearing
[roll8]

[roll9] vs 75/85 [roll10]

Bowerbird
2010-04-03, 04:21 AM
Ravion grunts in pain, as the creature's razor sharp claws pierce his armoured torso, mercifully not hitting anything vital. Gripping his spear tightly in one hand, he grabs the best with the other, holding on for all he's worth, "You're not gettin' away this time!" he coughs, flecks of blood staining his lips. Spinning the spear deftly in his other hand he drives it repeatedly into the 'Stealer's flank.

Rawr!
Attack1
WS: [roll0] vs 50
Attack2
WS: [roll2] vs 50
Damage: [roll3]
Attack3
WS: [roll4] vs 50
Damage: [roll5]
Blademaster
WS: [roll6] vs 50

Saldre
2010-04-03, 04:08 PM
Everybody:

As the Genestealer leaps back, with Ravion still hanging onto its arm, it further slashes at him with its three remaining limps- he stabs it, drawing blood, just as it buries its scythed talons into the wound on his chest and legs.

Ralix and Castus fire on the lone genestealer- but with unnatural speed and agility, it charges them- avoiding the barrage of bullets, and leaps at Castus while snapping its Jaws.

His Mechandrite jerks instinctively and fires a laser beam into the Genestealer's eye, momentarily displacing its aim: its claws slam down onto the ground besides the Tech-priest instead and he evades its attack by the skin of his teeth...

crazedloon
2010-04-03, 04:39 PM
Castus

Castus lets his bolter drop to his hip and draws his flamer. He levels the weapon at the creatures face and pulls the trigger engulfing it in flames. He than readies he is axe against the creature should it come back.

free action draw
half action attack [roll0]
half action aim

Talkkno
2010-04-03, 05:14 PM
"Both of you help take out the mutant in front of the tech-priest. He mutters to his allies, as he focuses a tempest of fire deep within his mind, as it surges in a fire storm around Ravion.

"Taste the cleansing flames of the Golden Throne! Juron blasts.

Fire storm:

WP[roll0]
Phemona: [roll2]

Lycan 01
2010-04-03, 05:57 PM
As Ralix begins to find the wind pick up around him, and the Genestealer next to him is flamethrowered by Castus, he levels his bolt pistol and fires the last two bolts in the clip into it. "FOR THE EMPERORRRRRR!!!" he howls, bracing himself for whatever may come next.

BS: [roll1] vs 90

Agility: [roll4] vs 40

Bowerbird
2010-04-03, 09:50 PM
Ravion grunts in pain, as the scything talons of the genestealer tear the already substantial wounds in his body even wider. Reassessing his course of action, knowing that his abilities will be needed for more important fights, Ravion ramms his spear into the 'Stealer one last time before launching himself off the beast in the direction of his companions.

Attack: [roll0] vs 50
Acrobatics +10 [roll1] vs 60 (to do the jump right)

Saldre
2010-04-03, 10:20 PM
Everybody at the caves-

Ravion stabs at the genestealer just an unnatural wind floods the tunnels and the Tyranid suddenly explodes in a burning inferno...

Meanwhile, Ravion fires his last two plasma charges at the second genestealer, but it avoids them- only to get caught up by Castus's flamer: the flames engulf the alien and spread all over its body...

As it burns, it attacks again- driven by the collected will of the hive mind.

Lycan 01
2010-04-03, 10:24 PM
Sprawled out on the ground, Ralix's eyes go wide as the flaming Genestealer lunges at him. "Don't think so!" he yelps, rolling to the side as the flaming talons dig into the ground where his face had just been. He then leaps to his feet, and backs away from the burning Tyranid as it crumples into a heap. "Well..." he pants, exhausted from the fight. "That was fun..."

He then looks around, and notices the woman chained up. He then begins to sprint towards her. "Quick! Cover me while I untie her! She must be a sacrifice or something, so if we save her, the ritual will be interupted!" As he run towards her, he doesn't even notice Juron in the background.

Ralix also tries to reload his bolt pistol as he runs, slamming his last clip - which only has 4 bolts - into the weapon.

crazedloon
2010-04-03, 10:31 PM
Castus

Castus lifts himself and turns to face Juron. He draws his bolter up to a firing position.

So you have returned only to show your true treachery. If the will of the Omnissiah had not burnt the creature I would have been killed thanks to your treachery.

Castus keeps his senses open even as he faces the corrupt Acolyte. He scans the room to keep track of the other creatures.

[roll0] vs 75/85 [roll1]

[roll2] vs 78
[roll3] vs 65 [roll4]

Saldre
2010-04-03, 10:40 PM
Ralix

You reach the woman, you only to find she had fainted: clearly unable to handle the stress. Several chain are wrapped around her and the stalagmite, keeping her in place.

Castus:

Your auger array detects something... for all intents and purposes completely impossible.

Something massive this way comes, from the end of the cave... and you can hear its slow and monstrous shuffling as it gets ever closer to entering your line of sight and crawling out from round the rocky corners beyond the cliff...

Lycan 01
2010-04-03, 10:44 PM
Ralix looks at the chain-knife in his left hand, and grins. He quickly begins to hack at the chains, hoping that the whirring mono-edged serated teeth while make short work of these hopefully-low quality metal links. He also angles to knife so that any sparks or cast-off will not strike the woman and burn her or her clothing. No need to catch her on fire after all that...

As he hacks at the chains, he looks back to see what Castus is yelling about. His eyes go wide as he sees Juron and what appears to be a posse, though he remains focused on his work, and hopes Castus doesn't do anything too hasty.

Bowerbird
2010-04-03, 10:45 PM
Ravion picks himself up off the ground, his torso a ragged mass of wounds, "Castus? What are you.." he looks around, "Oh, Juron, did you bring my shotgun at least?" hearing Castus' accusations, Ravion looks worried "Castus? I think we have bigger fishmen to fry.." he says, indicating the massive shadow of what ever's about to come around the corner.

Saldre
2010-04-03, 10:57 PM
Ralix:

The chain breaks and the woman slumps down on the floor, assuming you were ready to catch her, she falls right into your arms.

crazedloon
2010-04-03, 11:02 PM
Castus

Indeed there is a warp creature around that corner, however before us is a traitor who has acquired a taint of the creature to come. For all intents we are surrounded by those whom wish to see us dead.

Lycan 01
2010-04-03, 11:08 PM
Ralix quickly pockets his knife and, as gently as possible, hefts the woman over his shoulder and holds onto her with his left arm. Still holding his bolt pistol in his right hand, he begins to skitter back towards the rest of the group. "Castus, we can deal with Juron later! He just saved Ravion, though, so we can't be too hasty! Besides, TYRANIIIIIDS!!" he howls, trying to get the gravity of the situation across to everyone.

Saldre
2010-04-03, 11:14 PM
Ralix:

As you grab the woman and turn to leave, you spot something wriggling out from around the corner... It seems to be a blueish snake.. slowly slithering from around the corner... or something along those lines... If you waited for a few more seconds, you're sure you would be able to get a better look...

[ooc: perception test to spot something...]

Talkkno
2010-04-04, 01:13 AM
"Traitor? I just saved Ravion! I might be a witch, but I am no less a servant of the Emperor for that! Besides, I brought some backup. Juron retorts, as he goes to David, whispering.

"Your fear is understanble, for the alien is a repulsive creature, aneathoa to all that is pure and holy, so let your heart guide your actions, channel your disgust into haterd and rage.

Command : [roll0]

Bowerbird
2010-04-04, 01:22 AM
"It's true, that fire did help.. At any rate if he is a witch he can be dealt with after more pressing matters are attended to." Ravion frantically tries to indicate that they might wish to focus their attentions towards where the monstrous thing is going to come from.

Lycan 01
2010-04-04, 01:28 AM
Ralix slowed down and spun around, scanning the cavern with his bolt pistol. "Someone come get this girl..." he barked, looking over towards where he saw the snake-thing. "I think I saw something that really doesn't belong here, and I'd prefer the girl doesn't get killed in case that's part of the ritual..."

crazedloon
2010-04-04, 01:33 AM
Castus

Many a witch has said such lies to fool the loyal servants of the Imperium. Why should your words be any different when your actions have revealed your true intentions.

Castus's weapon does not waver.

Talkkno
2010-04-04, 01:36 AM
"Like saving you from being turned into scrap metal, eh cogboy? Juron replies bitterly, as he draws onto his senses to the warp...

Psyicience: [roll0]

Bowerbird
2010-04-04, 01:39 AM
"Fine, kill each other then, I'll be over here killing the TYRANIDS if anyone needs me," Ravion runs over to Ralix, "What was it? I'd take the girl myself, but I don't think there's time to get her somewhere safe.. besides, where's safe?"

Talkkno
2010-04-04, 01:42 AM
"I have no quarrel with the tech-preist... Juron replies, and he turns to David.

"Since you are obviously not in a state to the fight, get that girl out of here.

Lycan 01
2010-04-04, 01:44 AM
"Blue snake thing," he growls, gazing from side to side. "Y'know what, I'll just hold on to her. They're too busy arguing, and your guts are about to fall out. Dunno where Claus ran off to. Must be behind the posse..." he muses. "Seriously guys, lets save the planet first. Then we can argue about who's a heretic and who's a Psyker..."

Bowerbird
2010-04-04, 01:47 AM
Ravion looks shocked, "Guts fall out? This? It's just a flesh wound! Good luck convincing Castus to not kill him.. no sense of Priorities that man."

Lycan 01
2010-04-04, 01:51 AM
"A lesser man would have been eviscerated by those attacks, Ravion. Don't over-exert yourself..." Ralix warns. "He has the right idea - Juron did run off, only to show back up as a Psyker. But now's not the time for him to be worrying about that..."

Talkkno
2010-04-04, 01:57 AM
"If you doubt my loyalty, then why would I carry the symbol of the witch hunter? Juron says, pointing to his crossbow.

Lycan 01
2010-04-04, 01:58 AM
"Because you couldn't find anything else to shoot stuff with?" Ralix chuckles playfully.

crazedloon
2010-04-04, 01:59 AM
Castus

You did not prevent the creature from killing me, the flames of the Omnissiah did that. You however used your fell powers to force me to the ground where the creature would have the advantage over me, indeed it was not just me but Ralix. I do not know why your flames did not effect Revion but that too was targeted at one of us. And you appear now when we need no distraction with more people of unknown origin or loyalty blocking our only known exit.

Castus's optical mechadendrite slides from his socket to view the scene behind understanding his companions worry for his split attention and attempts to remedy that fact.

[roll0] vs 75/85 [roll1]

[roll2] vs 78
[roll3] vs 65 [roll4]

Talkkno
2010-04-04, 02:03 AM
"Maybe because he's a frakking blank? His very presence in drowning oblvion to warp energy, its no wonder he's immune to physic attacks! Juron retorts.

Saldre
2010-04-04, 02:22 AM
Juron:

As you open your mind to the warp, you are immediately overcome by an overwhelming feeling of despair- immediately ahead of you, a presence approaches: but it is an abomination, so deeply saturated in the warp-energy that it corrupts reality around it- let alone the subtle waves of the void.

Truly only YOU realize the grim reality of your situation, and that you are all doomed...

Everybody:

Suddenly, a second thunderous roar shakes the cavern, interrupting the Tech-priest; and everything changes.

The voice of the priest echoes in your minds, heralding the coming of the end.

"The power of some of the more mighty Tyrants of the Hive..."

It begins just as the woman drops into Ralix's hand. Instantly, the congregation of genestealer-mates slowly turn to face the intruders.

"...extends to rule over both that of the human and daemonic soul..."

As it continues- the stench of a thousand open graves seeps into the area, and a feeling of ominous foreboding grips you. Pelkie and David, though firing their shotguns mere moments ago, are now frozen in terror.

Soon, Ralix spots more of the blueish lines slithering from around the corner- getting thicker, and longer. Soon, he realizes they are identical... and not snakes, but tentacles that grip the rocky surface of the caves and pull as they have something much larger from the depths of the darkness...

"It is the will of these mighty beasts... that can sway the very tilt of the world..."

His voice echoes in unison with the roar of the beast and then all is quiet. The crowd is deathly silent. The voice has vacated your minds. The cave have ceased to tremble.

And it heaves out from beyond the corner.

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii233/Saldre/ThePatriarch.jpg

A monstrous mass of writhing blueish tentacles that crawl over the walls of the cave, dragging behind them a creature of massive proportions: where its face should be, a jaw remains its only perceptible feature- etched at the center of a thousand swarming arms. A hundred eyes line its body, and they dart from side to side, scanning the room- looking for their prey. Its mutated form, bloated and corpulent beyond recognizing, is horrifying to behold: a vision into the madness from beyond the warp...

"And it is truly... Sublime..."

[OOC: As the entire congregation of Genestealers mates suddenly turn towards you, and you spot the horrifying creature that lies beneath... you have to roll me down a fear 3 test. This is a combat fear test- Castus rolls and loses sanity as appropriate (for a minimum of a d5 if you fail :P)]

Talkkno
2010-04-04, 02:43 AM
" Run! In the Emperor's name, back to the passage!" Juron screams in terror, scrambling himself to the tunnel that brought him here earlier.

crazedloon
2010-04-04, 02:47 AM
Castus

Sad fool! A heretic and coward to the end!

Castus turns from Juron's fleeing form, however his mechadendrite follows the traitor as he leaves. He levels his bolt gun at the creature before him and begins to intone a litany of faith a strength to the Omnissiah. His hands begin to crackle with inborn energy and he aims his weapon at the beast before letting loose a salvo

[roll0] vs 40 + 30 full auto + size? - 10 fatigue

[roll1]
tearing
[roll2]

[roll3]
tearing
[roll4]

[roll5]
tearing
[roll6]

[roll7]
tearing
[roll8]

Bowerbird
2010-04-04, 04:18 AM
Ravion stands stock still for a moment, unable to look away from the monster before him. In all the previous horrific instances, Ravion has thus far never been more than somewhat surprised, thus the look of stark horror on his face is quite unsettling. After a few seconds he activates the serpentine and the lance again, and i you didn't know better you'd think he was giggling. Suddenly he bursts into full maniacal laughter he turns around to look at Ralix, it's obvious that nobody's home behind those eyes. Suddenly he swipes forward with his Serpentine, aiming straight for Ralix!

Not sure how aim works exactly, but here's my attack
WS: [roll0] vs 50 +aiming.

crazedloon
2010-04-04, 04:24 AM
Castus

Castus's instincts kick in and his mechadendrite fires to save his ally.

You shall not harm him Null!

However the shot flies wild as Castus's concentration is impaired by the creatures presence.

[roll0] vs 50

Lycan 01
2010-04-04, 04:40 AM
Ralix recoils in horror from the abomination. He suddenly shakes his head, and growls: "Juron? That's nice and all, but get out of my head! Its creepy!"

Looking over his shoulder, Ralix realizes something's not right as Ravion begins to giggle. "Ravion? Ravion, are you okay? This isn't funny! Stop la- WUAH!!" Ralix yelps, ducking beneath the humming powerblade that would have decapitated him if he'd been a second too slow. "RAVION?!" he yells, trying to snap him out of it. Just as he stands up, a las bolt streaks over his right shoulder. "Frak! Castus?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?!" he exclaims.

Realizing Ravion's gone gonzo-bonkers, Ralix realizes he has no choice but to snap him out of it. Bluntly. "Ravion, WAKE UP!!" he snarls, wildly swinging his bolt pistol at the side of the Blank's face while holding onto the woman slung over his shoulder.

Attack: [roll1] vs ???

Saldre
2010-04-04, 11:06 PM
Everybody-

The abomination drags itself trough the cave, moving closer and closer to the make-shift altar where the woman was tied mere moments ago. It growls, moans and roars- a sound unlike any you have heard before: it reverberates in your minds, and shakes your very souls- a call clearly not of this world. Though Castus's shots fly across the cave and into the creature- it seems unshaped, continuing its relentless approach- extending its numerous tentacles towards you, eager to grab onto its prey.

Around you, the circle of mates tightens- they lick their fangs and extend their arms towards you, their sharp claws glistening in the light of the crystals.

David is horrified- frozen in terror as he looks into the creature's many eyes. Pelki jumps back, horrified by the very idea of its existence.

Ralix knocks Ravion out- the back of his gun connecting with his nose. The Assassin reels back as he regains control of himself, his face a bloody mess but master of his mind again.

Talkkno
2010-04-04, 11:23 PM
"Fear is naught, for my faith is strong!" Juron chants the litany of fear to calm his nerves, as he rushes back to the room with the monster, crossbow in tow.

Bowerbird
2010-04-04, 11:38 PM
Ravion stops laughing and holds his nose.. standing up straight he starts wiping blood from his eyes while reeling away rom the sound of the incoming ...thing. "Throne, Ralix, I'm sorry.. Don't know what came over me.."

Lycan 01
2010-04-04, 11:43 PM
"Its alright!" Ralix yells over his shoulder, having already started running. "Just run after the sound of my voice!"

Ralix proceeds to flee towards the exit, leaving the monsters behind and keeping the woman grasped firmly over his shoulder. As he runs for safety, he yells to the team: "AS LEADER OF THIS MISSION, I ORDER A TACTICAL WITHDRAWEL!!" Waving his bolt pistol at the exit, he continues to holler at his comrades. "WE'LL REGROUP AND ASSESS THE SITUATION AS SOON AS WE'RE SAFE!! JUST FALL BACK AND TRY NOT TO DIE!!" he screams. "THAT INCLUDES YOU, CASTUS!! NO HEROICS!!"

Full round run for exit

Bowerbird
2010-04-04, 11:59 PM
Ravion half-limps, half-staggers his way towards the sound of Ralix's voice, still trying to wipe the blood from his eyes. Once he can see again he breaks into a full sprint for the exit.

crazedloon
2010-04-05, 12:10 AM
Castus

Castus allows the rest of the group to pass him before charging into the crowd of creatures for the large creatures mouth.

The Omnissiah is my guide and protector. His holy steel makes my body and his will my sword. Fear does not encroach upon this flesh and I bring the fear to those who appose me.

Castus hand slides into his pack as he moves forward at full speed.

Saldre
2010-04-05, 12:17 AM
Everybody-

Several things seem to happen simultaneously as time slows down and every second becomes an eternity.

Juron runs down the stairs, back into the first floor of the tower just as Ralix runs trough the hallway to join him. They both freeze as they spot Claus there, his Nomad aimed at something behind Ralix and his finger slowly squeezing the trigger.

Ralix:

In an instant, you realize it could not possibly be the creature- for it is not in his line of sight.[OOC: Agility test to react before he fires]

As Ravion runs behind Ralix, Two of the mates rush out of the crowd and attempt to grab him- he can feel the jaws of one of them a hair's width away from piercing his skin...

Pelki and David stumble back, and retreat along with the group- screaming for their lives, as Castus charges past them while reaching for his pack.

Bowerbird
2010-04-05, 12:21 AM
Ravion, feeling the beasts breath on his wounds, weaves to one side in an attempt to dodge it, before bringing his serpentine up automatically in a slash for the creature.

Dodge1: [roll0] vs 70 -blindness
Dodge2: [roll1] vs 70 -blindness
WS: [roll2] vs 50 - blindness
Damage: [roll3] Pen 6
Blademaster: [roll4] vs 50 -blindness
Dodging, attacking, moving away.

Can I see yet?

Talkkno
2010-04-05, 12:39 AM
" "Follow Ralix!" Juron mumurs, as he forces the command into Claus's mind

Compel:

Opposed WP: [roll1]

Phemona: [roll2]

Lycan 01
2010-04-05, 12:39 AM
Ralix ducks out of instinct, trying to keep himself and the woman out of his line of sight. As he drops, he tries to get a good read of Claus' expression, to see what his state of mind is. He's then going to try and spin around him, in order to get behind the assassin in case he's gone insane or the thing he's shooting at is hostile and bullet-proof.

Agility: [roll0] vs Ag 40 - 10 fear
Awareness +20: [roll1] vs Per 40 - 10 fear

But it seems such rapid movements with the woman on his shoulder aren't a good idea, so he just tries to duck as low as possible without losing his balance and dropping the woman.

Saldre
2010-04-05, 12:48 AM
Ralix and Juron:

Claus pulls on the trigger and fires- he quickly moves to reload another bullet into the nomad.

Ralix:

A glimpse of the assassin's eyes reveal his eyes to be lifeless- devoid of any passion or soul- clearly he is not himself.

Juron:

As you attempt to compel Claus, you are instantly driven out of his mind by something much stronger that seems to have taken over the assassin.

Ravion:

You wipe the blood off your eyes just in time to spot a bullet piercing the air- aimed straight at your forehead... Dodge it, or Die...

Castus:

The creature heaves itself forward, now having reached the edge of the area- though hoards of genestealer mates stand between you and creature, it is unhindered: sending its ropey tentacles in the air. One, faster then the others, moves to wrap itself around you- ready to carry you back to the beast...

Bowerbird
2010-04-05, 12:53 AM
Reacting with lightning speed, Ravion attempts to dodge the incoming bullet, before continuing his run to safety.

Dodge1: [roll0] vs 70 - 10 fear
Dodge2: [roll1] vs 70 - 10 fear

I totally saw that one coming :P

crazedloon
2010-04-05, 01:02 AM
Castus

Castus does not dodge the tentacle as it streaks for him. Instead his manipulator drops his axe to his hand, before clasping the flak vest with the crystal still within. The manipulator streaks forward attempting to in-bed the psychic crystal within the strange creatures tentacle, hoping the psychic energy which keeps the creature together would overload the crystal and all the others which covered the wall.

charge attack?
[roll0] vs 20 + 20 -10 + size

is there damage? how will we work this or whats going to happen?

Lycan 01
2010-04-05, 01:07 AM
"CLAUS!!" Ralix snarls, realizing his comrade is no longer himself. "DON'T YOU DARE GO BUGGY ON ME!!" the Adept snarls, suddenly springing up from the floor to slam his elbow into the assassin's chin.

Elbow-to-the-throat: [roll1] vs ??? - 10 fear (though I did run away from the creature...)

Saldre
2010-04-05, 01:08 AM
Round three-

Ralix and Juron:

Claus looks like he's ready to fire another shot!

Ravion:

You rush into the room, just in time to see Claus aiming again, ready to pull the trigger!

Castus:

As you drive the crystal into the tentacle, there is a small spark of energy- though the room lights up, nothing in particular seems to happen... yet...

The tentacle wraps itself around you, and slowly begins to lift you from the floor- you spot three more headed your way, ready to fully disable you.

The creature has turned its full attention on you- its eyes seem to look trough your body. Strangely hypnotic, you feel compelled to lessen your resistance- to join it.

[OOC: Willpower test or you may only take a half-action as the creature's hypnotic gaze seems to compel you to obey it...]

crazedloon
2010-04-05, 01:16 AM
Castus

Castus resists the creatures lure as he pulls the limpet out of his pack as he originally planned. He sets it to go off in 30 seconds or with flick of a switch and lets the creature take him closer to its body. His mind however begins calculating pi so as to confuse the creature and attempt to hide his intentions.

[roll0] vs 48

Talkkno
2010-04-05, 01:34 AM
"Follow Ralix and stop shooting! Juron forces into Claus's mind once again, as he makes his way towards the monster.

WP [roll0]

Opposed WP: [roll1]

Pheamona: [roll2]

Saldre
2010-04-05, 01:51 AM
Castus:

As the creature lifts up into the air, you realize that this is perhaps your final chance at escaping its clutches before it devours you whole... Or lifts you too far off the ground to survive a fall...

Ralix, Juron and Ravion:

Juron, for no apparent reason, simply freezes: his face contorts into an expression of horror and he drops on the ground clawing at it, screaming in a frenzy as if possessed.

Claus drops on the floor, knocked down by Ralix's strike- but he quickly attempts to get back on his feet.

crazedloon
2010-04-05, 02:04 AM
Castus

Castus does not move as the creature pulls him towards his jaws. He begins to chant the Prayer of machine appeasement and readies his body to leap into the creatures mouth. If he approaches close enough he swings his Axe at the creatures tentacle attempting to sever its control over it. When the tentacle is severed he leaps into the gaping jaws and allows his power to slow his fall to better aim.

[roll0] vs 20 + 10 best + size -10 fatigue
[roll1]

and jump with levitation

and if it is reasonable to switch the mine once I have landed in his jaws I shall do that

Lycan 01
2010-04-05, 02:14 AM
Ralix pauses only to shoot Juron a confused look before turning to run back into the cavern. He pauses near the doorway to sling the woman off his shoulder and lean her against a wall. He then sprints into the hallway, passing the two terrified men. "RAVION, GUYS, RESTRAIN CLAUS!! I'M GONNA FIND CASTUS!!" he yells over his shoulder.

Sprinting back into the cavern, Ralix's concern for his only real friend banishes his fear, if only for a moment. "CASTUS!! WHERE ARE YOU!?" he yells as he re-enters the lair, scanning the room with his bolt pistol. When he sees Castus held in the thing's tentacles, he screams at the top of his lungs and begins to wave his arm. "HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!! HAAAAAAAAYYY!!!!! ALL HAIL THE EMPEROR!!" he howls, trying to get everything's attention. "TZEENTCH AND THE HIVE MIND WILL FALL BEFORE HIS GLORY!! GLORY TO THE THRONNNNE!!"

Saldre
2010-04-05, 02:17 AM
Castus & Ralix:

Ralix runs into the room just in time to witness the horrific event. Castus, wrapped in a tentacle, is lifted from the ground towards the creature's maw: it opens its gigantic jaws lined with a thousand teeth and lets loose a thunderous roar that threatens to bring the entire cavern down.

As it dangles him over the chasm that is its maw, he swings his axe down over the tentacle, luckily one of the smaller of the creature's appendages and severs it... Dropping himself into the creature's mouth... Just as it snapped its Jaws shut...

crazedloon
2010-04-05, 02:25 AM
Castus

Castus falls into the literal jaws of hell. He hears his one friend attempt to help. A smile splits his face as he falls. He reaches the interior of the creatures jaw and clasps his bolter and flamer to the limpet mine hoping their ammo would help the blast.

Into your eternal machine I commend myself! May your will destroy this creature and its spawn!

limpet mine
[roll0] + extra damage?

and burn my last fate point to live? maybe the Omnissiah needs more for more tasks?

Lycan 01
2010-04-05, 02:30 AM
Castus falls. And as he does, Ralix's arms fall limply to his sides, his spirit falling as fast as the Tech-Priest. As the jaws clamp shut, a sad smile forms on the Adept's face. "May your name be whispered to the Emperor, and your deeds revered by the Saints, my friend..." he mutters. He then braces himself, quickly drawing his chain knife and raising his hands to shield himself from the shockwave or the first attacks, whichever come first.

Lucky: [roll0] vs 7 if I get a chance...
Drawing chain knife in case I need to Parry...

Saldre
2010-04-05, 02:34 AM
Castus and Ralix:

Less then a second after Castus was devoured, a puff of smoke seeps out from the between the creature's teeth. And before Ralix can even grasp the situation, or come to terms with the fact he just lost his friend- they open again as it lets out a massive roar, which in human terms would reflect great pain- but greater anger.

In an instant, Castus is flung out by its massive blueish tongue, and transferred into half dozen of other tentacles that slam him away from the creature, and down onto the floor besides the central stalagmite.

The creature seems to sink down into the chasm over the cliffs- but it still very much alive: eager to retaliate, and punish those who have hurt it so.

Bowerbird
2010-04-05, 02:38 AM
Ravion runs up to Claus and Juron, grabbing the both of them, "Snap out of it guys, the others need our help!"

I'm hoping if I grab the both of them my null field will do something about the possession.

Saldre
2010-04-05, 02:57 AM
Ravion:

Claus and Juron both snap out of it, your plan being rather effective- with their connection to what-ever was possessing them severed, they have regained control of themselves.

Castus and Ralix:

As the creature writhes in pain from the initial blast, another shock overcomes it- without warning, it begins to writhe in agony- flailing its tentacles about it as smoke rises from its open Jaw.

The Genestealer mates turn to face it, and then with one fluid motion all spin around and face you instead. They growl angrily and begin to advance, slowly catching speed, as they move to swarm Castus.

crazedloon
2010-04-05, 03:21 AM
Castus

Castus Impacts the ground much slower than he would have if his internal magnetic fields had not been stabilizing him. However as he hits the ground his medicae mechadendrite slams into the ground bending and snaping two of Castus's ribs. Castus fights to stay conscious before passing out his axe gripped firmly to his chest.

Bowerbird
2010-04-05, 03:42 AM
Ravion looks around at Juron and Claus, "Well don't just stand there gawking at me! Do something!" he reaches for his backpack and finds his grapnel launcher, "I don't suppose any of you have anything explosive?"

Lycan 01
2010-04-05, 03:52 AM
"CASTUS!!" Ralix yells hoarsly, his throat ragged from constantly screaming over the last hour or so. Before the Tech-Priest even hits the ground, the Adept begins to sprint towards him. "HANG IN THERE!!" he howls, slipping his bolt pistol into his robes and pulling out a pair of hallucination grenades in its stead. As he sprints towards the unconscious Mechanicus Adeptus follower, he hurls the grenades into the Hybrid swarms, one to either side. He then tries to draw his bolt pistol again before getting to Castus, hoping the grenades will buy him a few seconds of extra time.

Lucky: [roll0] vs 7 if possible...

Grenade to the left swarm: [roll1]

Grenade to the right swarm: [roll2]

Saldre
2010-04-05, 04:12 AM
Ralix and CAstus:

As Ralix rushes towards his friends, he hears footsteps behind him- Having witnessed Castus's sacrifice, their courage was rekindled and they refused to leave him behind, rushing to his aid with Ralix.

The grenades detonated at the center of both crowds of tainted humans, spewing forth the hallucogenic smoke. Loud coughing erupted from the masses as they succumbed one by one to the effects if the gas- still mostly human, they could not shrug off its effects, and with their patriarch distracted, their connection to the hive mind wavered and left them vulnerable to suggestion.

Meanwhile, as its worshipers began to scream, the patriarch slowly spread its tentacles outwards- strengthening its grip on the walls of the cavern, ready to force itself back up, preparing to punish those who have interrupted its meal and caused it such great discomfort and pain.

Bowerbird
2010-04-05, 04:17 AM
"Woah, ok, maybe not.. I think we should start running now guys!" Ravion says, holstering his grapnel and pulling a pair of hallucinogen grenades from his pocket.

Lycan 01
2010-04-05, 04:22 AM
"Castus! Castus wake up!" Ralix yelps, rushing to his comrade's side. "Castus, don't make me drag you by the mechadendrites!" he growls, kicking the Tech-Priest's flank twice in an attempt to rouse him from his stupor. He quickly looks over his shoulders, watching the Hybrids thrash and spaz from the drugs. He then notices the posse rushing to his aid. "Hey! Hey, quick! Grab Castus and carry him as fast as you can!" he barks as he stands over his wounded friend, weapons at the ready to defend him.

crazedloon
2010-04-05, 04:41 AM
Castus

Castus groans as Ralix kicks his flank.

Augh my ribs, look what you did....

Lycan 01
2010-04-05, 11:35 AM
"Oh shut up! You probably don't even have ribs!" Ralix can't help but chuckle, relieved that his friend is actually still alive. He quickly slips his chain-knife between his teeth, and reaches down to grab the Tech-Priest's arm with his left hand in order to help him up to his feet.

However, when Castus doesn't respond, he grabs the chain-knife back out of his teeth and growls. "Frik. Hey! Posse people! Seriously, hurry up and grab the Cogboy!" he yelps, realizing that the Hybrids won't be distracted much longer.

Talkkno
2010-04-05, 12:39 PM
"For Emperor and Imperium! Juron hollers as he snaps out of his possed state, as he rushes to the monster with his crossbow, taking aim for a breif moment and lets the holy bolt fly.

BS +30 +10 for aiming [roll0]

Damage: [roll1] (Pen 5)

If hit, it has to test for warp instability next turn at -10, and threshold for physic powers it manifests increases by 20.

Saldre
2010-04-05, 02:06 PM
Juron, Ralix and Castus

David and Pelki help Ralix lift Castus up and begin to forcefully move him back towards the building- unbeknown to them, a tentacle rises from behind the cliffs and shoots trough the air towards them....

When Juron comes charging out ahead of them and fires his cross-bow at the creature.

A heavy tug causes the adept to turn back, just in time to see the tentacle recoil in pain- a bolt sticking out from its flesh, sending ripples of energy across its body.

But the bolt is loose: poorly embedded, as it is unable to pierce the creature's thick layer of muscle and skin. As the tentacle writhes, the bolt drops into the pit beneath it.

Still the creature has clearly been affected- and its connection with its brood further hindered, leaving them to wail in fear and agony as the hallucinogenic gazes continue to affect them.

Talkkno
2010-04-05, 02:34 PM
"David,Pelki, lead them to the passage we used to get out of here!" Juron barks, as he redies to fire another bolt into the unholy creature.

Saldre
2010-04-05, 11:50 PM
Castus, Ralix and Juron:

As the group runs towards the doorway- mere moments from reaching it, Pelki drops face-first onto the ground. Though your still able to hold Castus up, you feel him getting heavier as Pelki's grip loosens and he lets go.

You hear him screaming, and a quick glance back shows you why: wrapped around his foot, a tentacle of grappled him- and is pulling back towards the crater and the angry beast.

He kicks at it with his free foot, trying to get it to let go- but its grip is tight and he can only claw at the ground ahead of him as he is dragged back to certain doom.

Bowerbird
2010-04-05, 11:56 PM
"No food for you!" Ravion rushes forward from the doorway and pounces at the tentacle, slashing out with his sword, trying cut the tentacle's end off.

I'ma chargin' the tentacle!
WS: [roll0] vs 70 -10 fear.

Talkkno
2010-04-06, 12:07 AM
"Gracious Emperor of Mankind, hallowed be your majesty, bright be your light everlasting, vouchsafe you servant in this hour of peril so that I may continue to serve you, great lord, and purify your dominion of of man, casting out all daemons and changlings of warpcraft!" Juron intones, as he takes aim at the monster once more, firing another barbed bolt into the foul creature:

BS +30 for size, +10 for aiming +10 for short range: [roll0]

crazedloon
2010-04-06, 03:16 AM
Castus

attempts to grip the mans arm as he is pulled from under him, but is too slow. He shifts himself off the men carrying him. He looks back at the tentacle his look is that of a dead man. His left leg seems limp and his manipulator mechadendrite supports his body, his medicae mechadendrite hangs limply bent out of place. His breathing is ragged more so than normal. He however hefts his axe and moves with a lopsided gate using the mechadendrite to move. He charges the creature's tentacle and at the last second his manipulator swings up and slams the axe down on the tentacle chopping it from the mans leg.

I AM THE OMNISSIAH'S WILL AND YOU SHALL NOT PASS!

[roll0] vs 20 + 20 charge + 10 best + size + 20 outnumbered?

[roll1]

Saldre
2010-04-06, 10:06 AM
Everybody:

As both Ravion and Castus's power weapons slam down on the tentacle, it is sliced clean off- its tip left to wriggle on the floor. The creature doesn't seem particularly bothered by its loss- as several more soon take its place, shooting trough the air towards the acolytes.

But Juron fires another stake at the monster- and the holy weapon strikes true, clearly affecting its target. Ripples of energy coarse trough the horrifying entity, and it recoils back under the collective assault of the acolytes, granting them a moment's respite.

Its connection with the remainder of the brood still strained, they remain under the effect of Ralix's grenades- making no immediate move against the group.

Ralix, Claus, & Juron:

As Pelkie gets back up to his feet, he rushes forward along with Ralix and David, who find themselves back in the tower-like building's first floor. The woman is still unconscious, slumped over the side of the wall.

"We came from up there- it leads back to the surface: I'd rather be back in town then down here!" David yells out, as he points to the set of stairs leading to the second floor then begins to run towards them.

Talkkno
2010-04-06, 10:46 AM
"Smite this foe, strike the enemy, For the Emperor we bring death! Juron intones the litany of smithing, taking aim and firing another bolt into the creature.

BS +50 [roll0]
Tearing [roll2]

Lycan 01
2010-04-06, 12:09 PM
"Lets wait for the rest of the team. We don't need to split up again..." Ralix huffs as he rushes over to the young woman and once again throws her over his shoulder. Pocketing his chain-knife, he holds on to her with his left arm while holding his bolt pistol aloft in case of any sudden threats.

Half action: stash weapon and pick up woman
Half action: aim

crazedloon
2010-04-06, 01:13 PM
Castus

Leave I shall cover our retreat.

Castus motions for the others to leave through the room. He steadies his half burned body and backs up as he waits for the tentacles to attack once more.

half action move back
half action ready an attack for when the tentacles surge forward

Saldre
2010-04-06, 01:45 PM
Juron and Castus:

Juron fires another stake at the monster- keeping it at bay. Clearly the holy bolts have some disruptive effect on the creature, and hinder its relentless advance.

As the bolt connects, the creature recoils back- affected by the psychic backlash. Unaccustomed to pain, annoyance or such resistance- the monster seems hesitant for a moment: but deprived from its meal, it takes only a few seconds for it to turn its attention back to Juron whose standing only a few feet behind the newly awakened Tech-priest.

Its lidless eyes turn their attention to the two remaining acolytes, and it sends two tentacles against them.

One slams into Castus, attempting to knock him off his feet and out of the way- the other slips past him, aimed straight for the arbitrator...

[OOC: Both of you- Will power test or you may only take a half action this turn. Castus, You can attack either tentacle with your readied half action, but then you throw an Opposing Str Test, failure means being thrown to the ground- [roll0](60)]

Saldre
2010-04-06, 01:47 PM
Ralix:

Peering trough the hallway, you spot Castus and Juron still fighting with the creature- keeping it at bay as it launches tentacle after tentacle at them, attempting to grapple them and pull them into its waiting Jaw.

crazedloon
2010-04-06, 02:05 PM
Castus

Castus swings his axe down on the tentacle as it flies past him. His manipulator stabilizes him as the arm impacts on his chest.

Leave traitor. I shall stop the creature.

Castus stands and waits again for the tentacles to strike.

[roll0] vs 20+10
[roll1]

[roll2] vs 50

[roll3] vs 40 + size + 30 point blank (shooting the tentacle which is attacking juron)
[roll4]

Talkkno
2010-04-06, 02:26 PM
“When cities burn and armies turn and flee in disarray, and cowards cry 'tis best to fly and fight another day, A warrior knows it in his bones that when he dies and falls, 'tis better to have fought and lost than to have never fought at all.”
Juron intones as he ignores the tentacle coming towards him, and fires his last bolt into the unholy creature.

BS +40 [roll0]

Tearing: [roll2]

Saldre
2010-04-06, 03:35 PM
Juron and Castus:

As the tentacle connects with his chest and threatening to drop him, Castus spins his axe and slams it down over it- severing it instantly. His mechandrite reacts- firing at the other tentacle reaching for Juron: burning it as well.

Juron's final bolt strikes true- but still the creature remains (relatively) unharmed: merely inconvenienced by the holy weapon. More so confused then anything else, it does not approach the cliffs- writhing as unpleasant sensation seems to course trough it.

As it shrugs off the disruptive effects of the final stake, it launches its tentacles once more... but not at the two acolytes: instead, it wraps them around several stalactites and stalagmites before heaving itself forward... Its massive Jaws slowly opening- ready to engulf the entire rocky platform...