PDA

View Full Version : What lies beneath.... II [IC]

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Saldre
2010-04-15, 08:06 PM
You move from junk pile to junk pile until you reach the intersection. You begin to wade trough the barricades- when from the corner you spot the shadow of a patrolling hybrid.

[roll0]-[roll1]

He passes by you- only giving your direction a passing glance.

Talkkno
2010-04-15, 08:12 PM
Juron heads southwest, in the direction of the southwest of the river towards Timmy, jumping from junk pile to junk pile.

Concealment +30 [roll0]
Silent Move: [roll1]

Saldre
2010-04-15, 08:14 PM
Juron:

Another guard is wandering the intersection. You duck behind a barricade just as he walks towards you.

He raises his head and looks around- as if he he's heard something.

[roll0]/[roll1]

"What was that? I heard something over there..." He says, pointing in your general direction.

You hear footsteps moving your way.

[OOC: They are coming your way- you can't move forward, but you can try and hide somewhere else. Move Silently and Conceal again. Unless you have another plan.]

Talkkno
2010-04-15, 08:20 PM
Juron reacts the voice deftly, miring himself into more junk.

Concealment +30: [roll0]
Move silently: [roll1]

crazedloon
2010-04-15, 08:23 PM
Castus

Indeed that was us. Where has the creature gone.

Saldre
2010-04-15, 08:25 PM
Juron:

The brood brother moves towards the barricade... and turns his shot-gun on the empty spot behind it...

[roll0]/[roll1]

Suddenly, he looks up...

"Over there! Something moved!" He yells, pointing to the other side of the barricades.

"Get the Intruder!"

You hear the guards running away from you, to the other side of the barricades. The path ahead is clear... if you get there silently... Unless you decide to take this chance and run for it!

FullPlateJacket
2010-04-15, 08:35 PM
"Unknown. After it retracted its hooks, it disappeared from my sight - though I suspect it is hiding nearby, waiting for an opportunity..."

Talkkno
2010-04-15, 08:35 PM
Juron moves silently from Junk pile to junk pile.

Move silently: [roll0]

Saldre
2010-04-15, 08:41 PM
Juron:

You sneak around and away from the intersection, the hybrids distracted by the shadow they'd spotted.

Running away, you stumble onto an area that's very familiar to you.

Ahead of you- the signs you'd spotted earlier, and the Jailhouse you escaped from.

Lycan 01
2010-04-15, 08:52 PM
"How do you intend to get down from there?" Ralix asks, scanning the area for signs of the creature.

Awareness +20: [roll0] vs Per 40
Lucky: [roll1]

Talkkno
2010-04-15, 08:53 PM
Juron moves to the next street where he sensed Timmy last, wanting to take a good look at the building before entering it.

crazedloon
2010-04-15, 08:57 PM
Castus

Get our barring and come down before the creature returns.

FullPlateJacket
2010-04-15, 09:17 PM
"Roger that. Worst case scenario, I could jump. I've been trained to be able to make falls of this distance... but time permitting, I'll use my drop harness." Claus takes a look at his surroundings for few moments, before attaching his drop harness to a sturdy-looking part of the building and descending.

Saldre
2010-04-15, 09:27 PM
Juron:

You cross the street and walk into Old town square proper. Ahead of you, the headless statue stands guard.

It's not the only one: standing behind it, the Ominous headquarters of the Order casts its shadow over the entire square.

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii233/Saldre/BiltemSquare.jpg

You think you spot movement behind the pillars... but your not sure... It might be a trick of the moonlight...

Clause & friends:

You descend to the streets- just in time to hear a loud yell, followed by Ellen's horrified screaming rise from the other side of the building- where Castus and Ralix just came from...

Talkkno
2010-04-15, 09:29 PM
Juron keeps his eye peeled and ears ready into the area, as he pulls his senses to the warp.

Pyscicence: [roll0]
Awareness +20 [roll1]

Lycan 01
2010-04-15, 09:33 PM
"Well, frak..." Ralix growls, turning to run back through the ruined building. "Thought they'd live longer than this..."

Full round run through the building back to the other side. Or can I make it there in a half action? :smallconfused:

Saldre
2010-04-15, 09:34 PM
Juron:

For an instant- your attention turns to the roof of a building instead.

You spot it moving- lit up by the light of the moon: a large hulking figure, draped in darkness. Clearly inhuman, it walks hunched over- four arms hanging on its sides.

Then the moon-light fades as a large cloud fills the night sky again...

The Temple awaits- seemingly calling you. The Motif at its center akin a lidless eye, watching.

Bowerbird
2010-04-15, 09:39 PM
"Frak..." Ravion grunts, pulling himself upright, "Always trying to play the hero..." he looks around, "Fat lot that does me..." he gets unsteadily to his feet, adjusting his gear. "Now, I just got to figure out where I am and... Juron! Frak..." he runs out of the building, following the sounds of the others.

Talkkno
2010-04-15, 09:41 PM
Juron runs to the temple door opening it.

Security to open it if it is locked.
Security: [roll0]

Saldre
2010-04-15, 09:42 PM
Ravion:

You turn around the corner just in time to see Pelkie bring propelled back into the dark alley behind him!

Ellen lets out a horrified screaming, pointing at something in that direction!

Bowerbird
2010-04-15, 09:45 PM
"Throne-dammit!" Ravion runs forward, attempting to head off the creature trying to drag Pelki.

I'm going to run and try and catch Pelki, then hack at the tentacles holding him if I see them, let me know what to roll and I'll roll OOC

Saldre
2010-04-15, 09:50 PM
Juron:

You run out into the street and towards the temple the door- but you only have time to take a few steps when out from the shadows behind the pillars, several brood brothers reveal themselves- they take aim at the running arbitrator and fire.

Seven hybrids pop out and fire at you collectively.

[roll0]-[roll1]
[roll2]-[roll3]
[roll4]-[roll5]
[roll6]-[roll7]
[roll8]-[roll9]
[roll10]-[roll11]
[roll12]-[roll13]

Four hits for a total of 26 damage...

Saldre
2010-04-15, 09:57 PM
Ravion:

Moving with lightning speed, Ravion grabs onto to Pelki just as he begins to flies towards the alley- The assassin pulls the boy back towards him, and slashes his sword behind the youth's back, in an attempt to attack what-ever he suspected was there.

Luckily, the boy is saved- but looking over the alley, you see no trace of what-ever tried to take him.

Ellen is frozen in terror. No voice escapes her lips as watches the empty alley- but they are still moving as she mumbles a silent prayer to the emperor.

Bowerbird
2010-04-15, 10:00 PM
Ravion sighs, "Now I'm a babysitter.. great.. Where are Ralix and Castus?" he says, looking around, both for his allies, and whatever that beast was..

Awareness: [roll0] vs 60

FullPlateJacket
2010-04-15, 10:03 PM
Claus sprints through the wreckage of the house, trying to reach Ravion and the civilians. "What happened? Did that thing attack again?"

Bowerbird
2010-04-15, 10:05 PM
Ravion turns to Claus, "Yeah, it tried to grab.. the kid. I managed to rescue him. Where are Ralix and Castus?"

crazedloon
2010-04-15, 10:09 PM
Castus

Turns and moves to the other side of the building.

FullPlateJacket
2010-04-15, 10:10 PM
"Still on the other side, as far as I know. Keep your guard up - it's fast, and might attack from any direction..."

Lycan 01
2010-04-15, 10:16 PM
Ralix sprints through the building, barely avoiding the falling debris. He skids to a halt outside the structure, and scans the area with his weapon. Walking over to Ellen, he mutters: "Where'd it go? Did you see what it looked like? Get behind me, and try not to make yourself noticeable..."

Lucky: [roll0]
Awareness +20: [roll1] vs Per 40

Saldre
2010-04-15, 10:31 PM
Ralix & Friends:

Claus and Ralix run out from the collapsing building- but Castus is no where to be seen...

"Writhing tentacles... lots of them... and arms... it had... four arms..." She mumbles, ready to faint again.

Lycan 01
2010-04-15, 10:35 PM
"Sssshhhh, its okay, we're here now. Everything's okay..." Ralix tries to comfort her, hoping to quiet her and keep her from fainting so the monster doesn't find itself presented a perfect attack opportunity. The Adept then looks around and groans: "Where's Castus?"

Talkkno
2010-04-15, 11:16 PM
The bullets fall off due the wall of force erected against the shells, falling away uselessly, as Juron makes a full run toward the statue.

Saldre
2010-04-15, 11:24 PM
Ralix:

Though in shock, Ellen has calmed down- she won't be fainting. But there's no trace of Castus.

Juron:

Much like you expected, the hybrids waste no time reloading their weapons- they begin charging you instead, quickly crossing the square!

Lycan 01
2010-04-15, 11:29 PM
"Castus?" Ralix calls out, slowly moving back towards the ruined building and the alley beside it. "Castus, where are you? Say something!"

Talkkno
2010-04-15, 11:33 PM
Juron invokes the litany against the mutant as he turns on his lamp, and fires a torrent of automatic fire at the mutants.

"Emperor, let Your undeniable light bum on the misshapen and with pure sight, and’ purge them with pure sight, and purge them with righteous fire."

BS +30 (+20 for automatic fire, +10 for short range.)
[roll0]

Damage:
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]

crazedloon
2010-04-16, 02:43 AM
Castus

Castus moves around the building, He keeps his senses open to be ready for the creature.

I am coming around the long way. Castus says loud enough the others can hear.

[roll0] vs 75/85

Saldre
2010-04-16, 02:47 PM
Juron:

You let loose a storm of bullets at the attacking crowd of Hybrids- and rip two of them apart.

But it does not hinder the advance of the remaining five...

They lunge at you, and though you struggle against their scaly fists and claws... You are overwhelmed.

With your dying breath- you mutter a prayer to the emperor, and everything fades to black.

Fin.......?

Ralix:

After what seems like an eternity- you finally hear Castus' mechanical voice echoing from the other side of the rubble.

Passage over the debris is all but impossible- you'll have to go the long way around if you want to meet up with him.

Castus:

You begin to walk down the street- so far so good... The moonlight is shining the path ahead, and all is deathly quiet.

Until that is, a warm gust of wind washes over you from behind, carrying with it the air of decay you have come to associate with Biltem- and the sound of a thousand rustling leafs, mere inches away, fills your ears.

A large shadow overwhelms yours, filling the street in darkness. You see it growing larger and larger as it spreads its four monstrous limbs right behind you...

And from the corner of your eye, you spot its face- a mass of several foot-long writhing tentacles, the source of the infernal rustling, where its mouth should be... Lunging straight at you!

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii233/Saldre/TheLictor.jpg?t=1271446128

Before you can react- its massive scythed talons close over your shoulders, grappling you- and it heaves backwards, trying to drag you out of sight and into the dark depths of a nearby alley... and oblivion...

You can't dodge it, it got the jump on you: Opposed strength test! Vs [roll0], so 3 degrees- (you should use your manipulator mechandrite :P) & don't forget- Fear Two Test- but again, Only roll for the sanity loss as the creature towers above you at 2.4 Meters tall, and its sight is frighting enough to warrant a permanent spot in the back of your mind (if you survive)...]

Lycan 01
2010-04-16, 05:30 PM
"C'mon, we gotta stick together," Ralix mutters, bursting into a sprint around the building. "We can't afford to be seperated with this thing around..."

crazedloon
2010-04-17, 09:10 PM
Castus

Castus heaves the creature in the opposite direction. His mechadendite struggles to heave in the opposite direction as his ballistics mechadendrite spins to shoot the creature in what passes for its face.

fear test [roll0] vs 53 + 10 resistance -10 = 53

[roll1] vs 50

[roll2] vs 40 + 30 point blank + size -20 face
[roll3]

Saldre
2010-04-17, 10:05 PM
Castus and Claus:

Castus's mechandrite fires a beam at the monstrous creature- hitting it right in the forehead.

It lets out a horrendous howl, unlike any you have heard before, and immediately lets go of the tech-priest, recoiling back.

It jumps into air, fading away before your very eyes... then vanishes- leaving no trace behind, save for the sounds of rotten houses cracking as something maneuvers its way around them and away from the alley.

Finally, an eerie silence falls over the street... and you are alone again.

FullPlateJacket
2010-04-18, 05:09 AM
Claus sprints around the house in time to see the shot go off and the Lictor escape into darkness. "...I see my worries were unfounded. Let's join up with the others - that thing shall not catch us off guard again."

crazedloon
2010-04-18, 07:47 AM
Castus

Castus turns to look at the location where the lictor was moments prior.

This creature will surely harass us until we kill it or we leave this portion of town. We must kill it next time it appears. Are the others alright?

Castus continues his walk around the building while he looks out for the creature.

[roll0]

Lycan 01
2010-04-18, 01:04 PM
Ralix catches a glimpse of Castus firing into the darkness, and he quickly runs to join the rest of the team, hopefully with Jenne, Pelki, and Ravion trailing behind him. "What's going on? Castus, you okay? What was it? Did you see what it looked like?"

crazedloon
2010-04-18, 01:22 PM
Castus

Castus pauses when he catches up with the others.

The creature had six limbs. Two were long scythe like talons which it used to grab myself and attempted to pull into the darkness. The middle set where more akin to hands which were able to manipulate things with. The last set were what would pass for legs. It had a long spiked tail and its face was a mass of tentacles. The creature seems to prefer hit and run tactics by its attack on Claus and myself, I would suggest we stay together until we can destroy it. Its entire body was covered in armor plating however this creature seemed more easily frightened by numbers and the wounds inflicted by my mechadendrite so it may be less armored than the genestealers.

Castus pauses to allow the others to take that in.

Claus did you manage to see a way out of this mess of a slum?

Lycan 01
2010-04-18, 01:36 PM
Ralix nods, taking in the information. He then pockets his chain-knife, and begins to root through his backpack while the others regroup. Removing the battered notebook, he begins to hold it with his left hand while flipping through it with his right hand, which he's still somehow managing to hold his plasma pistol with.

Lucky: [roll0] vs 7
Forbidden Lore (Tyranids): [roll1] vs Int 50

Saldre
2010-04-18, 02:37 PM
Ralix:

This monstrous creature is an unparalleled hunter, adapted to survive in a hostile environment. When hunting, it exudes a pheromone trail that attracts other tyranids proportional to the resistance it encounters.

It possesses a deadly arsenal of bio-weaponry: mantis-like upper claws, venomous talons, feeder tendrils, and barbed flesh hooks. These tendrils are used to lobotomize victims and absorb both their genetic data and their memories.

The massively powerful claws powerful upper claws are edged with fractal chitin and the lower talons feature venom channels containing a deadly haemotoxin. They are almost impossible to spot, unless at very close range, and can baffle most movement and heat detection devices as they exert no heat and can remain motionless for days on end, their lightning fast reflexes allowing them to freeze at a moment’s notice.

Though it prefers to strike from ambush, lowering moral and picking off troops one by one, it is a powerful creature able to destroy entire squads should it be cornered. Highly intelligent, it is the only Tyranid known to “play with its food” and talk its victim before it moves in for a kill.

Their presence is of horrifying significance: for they herald coming of the Tyranid fleet, and it implies that the bioships are nearby, and the planet in question is doomed.

Claus:

You were able to spot a way out- but there is a crowd of Hybrids in the way- you will have to sneak past them, or wipe them out.

Horst:

"Drop point in Five-"- The pilot's mechanical muffled voice rises from the cockpit of the shuttle as it flies over the forsaken town of Biltem.

Looking down, you can spot smoke rising from the town- something had happened, things weren't looking good.

But the mission itself was dangerous enough as is: Go in, grab the psyker and go out. A large spike of psychic energy had convinced your inquisitor to lend you rare and specialized gear- in-case the mission doesn't end up being so routine. You don't think your going to run into any trouble though, recovering Psykers was after all your job.

The drop point was somewhere in the mountain, a spot where the sensor interference was at its greatest, so that you may land undetected.

Jumping from the shuttle, you activate your grav-shute mere moments before hitting the ground.

No sooner do you reach your destination that you realize that something is horribly wrong. It is neither the ruins of a large cabin nearby, nor the ominous gaping mouth of the mines, that cause this foreboding feeling to swell in your heart.

Instead, it is the powerful odor of rot and blood that permeates the air around you, that is the source of your discomfort.

Ahead of you, a lone van is parked. It is stained by large red and black splotches. Blood, and something else. Littered around, a multitude of corpses: armed men, all dead, their bloody corpses pounded almost beyond recognition.

Remembering your briefing, you look to the road ahead: it would lead you to town. And you'd need a car to get there.

FullPlateJacket
2010-04-18, 02:55 PM
"There is a way - but there's a lot of mutants blocking it." Claus describes what he saw from the roof to Castus and the others.

Talkkno
2010-04-18, 04:31 PM
"Talk about convenient." Horst mumbles, as he takes a brief look back at the cave entrance, and goes into the van, and drives into the direction of the town.

crazedloon
2010-04-18, 09:49 PM
Castus

We must leave through them. However it is a good assumption that the creature we have encountered here shall take advantage of our distraction by the mutants should we attack. However should we try and sneak out the creature will ambush us on its own. We can not split up because it seems to like when we are alone. It seems our best bet is to charge through the mutants as quickly as we can. When we have passed them we can fend them off as we leave this district. If I am not mistaken the creature is caged within this district and should not be able to follow us. Once we have left the district we can deal with the mutants in our own time.

[roll0] vs 78 to remember the paths of the crystals (as seen on the psy tracker before it went up in smoke :smallwink:) and to determine if there seems to be a cage of them around this district keeping the lictor within this district

Saldre
2010-04-18, 10:00 PM
Horst-

Your drive to town takes you a few hours, but it is mostly uneventful. Soon, you come across the southern-western gates.

A large iron doors bars your path into the city proper. It is eerily quiet- the rustling leaves from the nearby forest is unnerving.

You cant shake the feeling that your being watched: but the gates, and the city beyond them, seem abandoned.

Castus:

You can't quite detect any reason for the Lictor to be stuck in this particular district- though you recall Ravion mentioning a priest whod run off here: perhaps, after its hunted its prey, it simply had no reason to leave, opting instead to wait for more victims. The terrain here is perfect for it, as it is able to attack from virtually anywhere.

The path of the crystals seems to follow that of the tunnels you were in moments ago. You could always go back down there, and find another way out into another district. There seems to be no direct correlation between the underground path, and the overground path.

Talkkno
2010-04-18, 10:23 PM
"Just typical......" Horst murmurs to himself, as he takes out his vox caster and sets it in on broadcast, hoping to break past the interference. As we waits, he fires his grapnal on top of the gate, and climbs his way up, to see what lies beyond the iron obstruction.

Tech Use: [roll0]
Climb +30 [roll1]

Saldre
2010-04-18, 10:31 PM
Horst:

You climb over the gates and look ahead: a street extends from your position all the way to the other side of town. Ruined buildings line its sides, and beyond them (to your left) the river rages, parallel to the street.

Signs of a slaughter litter this area, as if some great battle was fought here. Blood stains the ground the buildings, and the stench of death is unbearable.

Strangely enough: not a single body is to be seen.

Looking down, you can tell the gate is kept locked by a chain wrapped around two handles that would have once fitted a large bolt.

Talkkno
2010-04-18, 10:47 PM
"Whoever these acolytes are, they sure like to favor the direct approach." Horst thinks, as he ties the demo charge tightly to a piece of rope climbs back down, with the grapnal hooking to the top as a makeshift harness, igniting the rope when he is back at van, hoping to blow the chains to bits and hopefully not much more.

Demolition test: [roll0]

Climb test: [roll1]

Saldre
2010-04-18, 10:51 PM
Horst:

There is a loud bang and a flash, followed instantly by the sound of scattering metal.

Then, silence again.

Talkkno
2010-04-18, 10:53 PM
"I fell my bones: the strength, I feel my muscles: the strength, I feel my soul: the strength, I feel the Emperor, Who grants me grace, And by His will: strength." Horst intones the Ritual for Strength, as he attempts to push the iron gate open, he goes back into the van, and drives towards the center of town.

Bowerbird
2010-04-18, 11:14 PM
Ravion looks around, "So this thing's a highly intelligent ambush predator.. this should be... interesting... It can probably understand Gothic, so keep the chatter to a minimum. We leave, expect several more ambushes, watch the civilians, they're easy targets." he finally looks to Ellen, "Ma'am, do you know of a priest who did not agree with these mutants?"

Bear in mind I get an Agility roll to react to ambush thanks to Rapid Reaction

Lycan 01
2010-04-18, 11:29 PM
Ralix pales. "Throne..." he murmers, before looking at the rest of the team with wide, horrified eyes. "We've lost. Its over. The Hive Fleet is already on its way. This thing... Its a scout. A hunter. They run vanguard for the rest of the hive, and leave pheramone trails. Speaking of which, we need to move now. When it runs into opposition, it gives off chemicals that call for more Tyranids. So yeah, its got friends coming. At any rate... They're smart. They understand morale and guirilla tactics. Some say they even know how to... play with their food..." he shudders.

He then lets out a deep sigh, and somberly states: "But the worse part is... they only show up when... the Hive Fleet is already on its way. They're the heralds of its arrival, and their presence means the planet is already targeted for invasion."

Slapping the book shut, he quickly stuffs it into his backback and growls: "Remind me to either turn this over to the Inquisitor or burn it the moment we're sure we don't need it any more... Outside dire straights such as this, such knowledge doesn't need to fall into the wrong hands. Also, we need to get the frak out of here, back to Winterhaven or Windhaven or whatever the big city is, and then call in the frakking Astartes or something. Because there's nothing more we can do if the Hive Fleet has already been called..." he groans.

crazedloon
2010-04-18, 11:36 PM
Castus

Unfortunately Ralix this is not as simple as a hive fleet attack. However that is indeed sound advice. We must leave this section of the city. Now we must move.

Castus says this and begins to walk towards the mutants

[roll0] vs 75/85

Lycan 01
2010-04-18, 11:43 PM
"By the way..." Ralix grins, flourishing a hallucination grenade from his robes with lightning-fast reflexes. "Last one. I'd say its the best option, since we need to save our ammo and avoid getting bogged down in a brawl. Who's the best throw?"

Bowerbird
2010-04-18, 11:49 PM
"Snap the frak out of it, Ralix! We must destroy this beast, otherwise it will continue to hunt us." Ravion says sternly to the Adept, "I have 5 more, myself."

crazedloon
2010-04-18, 11:51 PM
Castus

Null he refers to using the grenade to distract the mutants so that we can leave this section of the city. It may indeed give us the distraction we need, provided you all do not succumb to the fumes. I shall carry it into thier midst and set it off personally. The rest of you remain behind. Assassin you provide covering fire should I require it. Null protect the rest. Now let us go.

Lycan 01
2010-04-18, 11:53 PM
Ralix slaps himself firmly across the face, then shakes his head. "Right, right. Sorry... But we still need to move away from this location, then find a better spot to fight it one-on-one. I'd rather not get tangled up with it near here, and have a swarm of Genestealers pop by to say hello..." he groans.

Ralix then arches an eyebrow. "Carry it into their midst? And get shot? Castus, buddy, wouldn't it be easier and safer to just toss it at 'em from a safe distance?"

Bowerbird
2010-04-18, 11:55 PM
"Well yes, of course we must keep moving, but I sincerely doubt it will not be back, we need to destroy it." Ravion says.

crazedloon
2010-04-18, 11:56 PM
Castus

My hope is that these creatures are still civil enough to try and capture me alive and that there orders are to attempt just that. If that is not the case I shall seek cover while the assassin takes out the creatures with ranged weapons and the rest of you move up. Indeed I may even draw out the creature once more providing you with it as a target. I shall not die this day do not worry.

Lycan 01
2010-04-18, 11:59 PM
"Or we can just throw the grenade and run past them while they claw their eyes out and stuff, in order to save ammo. Any stragglers that aren't affected can be sniped, but other than that, we should move as fast as possible to a favorable location, and conserve as much ammo as possible..." he suggests. He then shrugs and mutters: "This was a lot simpler to deal with when we had that van..."

crazedloon
2010-04-19, 12:00 AM
Castus

If you wish to attempt the throw I shall not stop you, however remember it is a one shot thing and if it fails we are back at the beginning.

Saldre
2010-04-19, 10:36 AM
Castus and Friends:

From the other side of the zigzagging streets, beyond the ruined houses, you hear the crowd of hybrids' noisy approach- mere minutes away from turning around the corner and walking into your line of sight.

To both your right and left, the ruined houses provide the promise of a hiding spot and cover, but disturbing the houses entails its own risk.

Somewhere from the shadows, Ravion can't help but feel the eyes of the dweller watching them- waiting for a chance to strike.

Horst:

You begin to drive the car down the street, climbing over a large hill before continuing on your way to town. To your left, an old refinery stands on the edge of the river- It seems closed.

Continuing on, warehouses begin to line the sides of the river instead of houses. This seems to be a factory district, and not a residential area. Looking on ahead, you can spot large apartment buildings though, which leads you to suspect that your about to exit this district.

As you make your way towards the town square, there is still no trace of any citizens: the city seems eerily abandoned. An occasional shadow from time to time catches your attention, but you attribute it to a local stray.

Luckily, you spot the first signs of inhabitants in the distance: at the intersection ahead, barricades have been set up and flickering torches betray the presence of some sort of outpost.

Talkkno
2010-04-19, 12:29 PM
Horst takes his magnoculars, and turns on its preysense, as he attempts to zoom in closer to the flickering lights ahead.

Awareness +20(From preysense.) [roll0]

crazedloon
2010-04-21, 04:27 PM
Castus

Castus takes the grenade from Ralix and looks at the group.

Hide in the buildings as one group. Assassin kill any creature which attempts to kill me from a distance. When I have come close enough to the group I shall hit them with the grenade. When it has gone off swiftly join me and we shall pass this group by.

Castus turns to walk towards the group as he readies the grenade in his manipulator. He than walks with his hands up in a universal sign of forfeit hoping the ruse will stop them from killing him outright. When the creatures are within 15m of him he throws the grenade so that it lands where they would be moving in an attempt to get as many of the moving mass as he can.

ready an action to throw the grenade
[roll0] vs 40

Saldre
2010-04-21, 04:28 PM
Horst:

You spot, in the distance, several people patrolling behind the barricades while holding torches. You can see about five of them.

Talkkno
2010-04-21, 04:48 PM
Horst drives 50 meters closer in the direction of the torches, and attempts to get a better look with Mangcoculers at the figures.

Awareness +20 [roll0]

Saldre
2010-04-21, 04:55 PM
Horst:

You move the car closer- and as you look into your binoculars, you spot one of them turn his attention towards you and motion in your general direction.

Wearing poor quality clothing, they seem to be armed villagers, holding riffles and shotgun.

"HALT- Who Goes there?" A voice rises from behind the barricades.

Talkkno
2010-04-21, 05:33 PM
Horst gently leaves his vehicle, leaving the door wide open for a quick escape and hails the village, making sure that he is standing behind some form of cover, standing only 3 meters away from his vechile.

"My name is Horst Raltus, agent of the Holy Ordos. Mind telling me what's going on here? It's like the town got run over by a army, given the blood and guts all over the front gate, you guys are sure real tidy though. I don't recommended you shoot, what I have here is a Mark III Sunfury plasma gun, or as I like to call her "Nebulizer." I've seen her vaporize a twist hulk more then 3 times then my size..." Horst replies coolly, as the plasma coils in the sun gun glow with the same icy warmth as his tone, the panels of the gun inlaid with thin green jade plating painted with rose and pink flowers that perch on branches of a green vine. It gives off a eerie mix of blue and green hues.

Intimidate +30 (Extra +10 for having a bigger gun) [roll0]

Lycan 01
2010-04-22, 01:19 PM
Ralix nods, and heads towards the nearest abandoned building. He equips his bolt pistol and chain-knife, and tries to find a way inside, keeping his eyes open for surprises.

Saldre
2010-04-22, 11:20 PM
Horst:

As you raise up your peculiar weapon, you can hear the men at the barricades talking amongst themselves, as if unsure what to do with you. Seconds later, a powerful voice rises from behind the barricades.

"Lower your guns men- the reinforcements have finally arrived."

Soon, a figure walks out from in between two of the guards. Wearing a large trench-coat, the man facing you is rather tall- despite his stooping. His thinning blond-hair line, along his large and hypnotic eyes betray his age and experience.

He scans the street ahead for a few seconds, as if looking for something.

"No doubt the rest of your squad is behind you- were glad help has finally arrived, I am not sure how long we would have been able to hold the lines" He begins, with a hint of relief in his voice. But that quickly fades away as his tone changes.

"Wh... what do you mean? Didn't you get the message? Aren't you here to quell the uprising?" He asks, his voice now tinged with worry.

Talkkno
2010-04-23, 12:01 AM
"Uprising? I am merely here to retrieve a suspected psyker in the area, I do know there are other acolytes of the Holy Ordos in the area, if that's what accounts for the bloodshed, or is something else amiss here?" Horst comments with slight relief.

Saldre
2010-04-23, 12:42 AM
Horst:

"Then you are not from Windhaven? What a pity- I thought that help had arrived." He sighs loudly.

"You're getting yourself in over your head, if your just here to retrieve a Psyker." He continues. "Other acolytes in town? We've seen no one go trough here- and strangers are easy enough to recognize. But if they came unprepared, they are probably dead by now: we have had enough trouble keeping the mutants at bay as is."

Talkkno
2010-04-23, 01:02 AM
"Mutants? Would you mind explaining the situation? Horst asks, as he attempts to mess with vox caster again.

Tech-Use [roll0]

Saldre
2010-04-24, 12:55 AM
Horst:

"Its worst then it looks- mutants, hiding in the ruins of town, rose up and attacked." He says, motioning to the ruins.

"We have sent a few people back to Windhaven to get help- but none have returned." He sighs, shacking his head. "We couldn't just up and abandon town completely: our women, children and elderly would have been left behind."

"It all started when these strangers came to town- about two days ago. I am certain they have triggered the riots somehow. Their attitudes were unnatural, and I am told they were spotted lurking in the more... unsavory parts of town."

Talkkno
2010-04-24, 01:07 AM
"Have you seen anything that littered the ground that look like this by any chance and the mutants bear any resemblance to these creatures? " Horst asks carefully, as he drives his van nearer to them, so the could actually have a conversation instead of shouting, as he pulls out the uplifting primer, and shows him a picture of a bolter shell and several Tyranid creatures.

"...something is rotten in the state of Bietlm" Horst thinks, as he pages threw the primar.

Saldre
2010-04-24, 01:22 AM
Castus:

After what seems like ages, the crowd of mutants finally emerges from around the corner- charging you at full speed.

Their unified voice echoes across the street, and betrays their ill intentions.

"Kill the intruders!" One of them yells- and they open fire.

[OOC: Only five of them have riffles- the rest don't shoot.

[roll0]-[roll1]
[roll2]-[roll3]+3
[roll4]-[roll5]+3
[roll6]-[roll7]+3
[roll8]-[roll9]+3

Things are looking really bad for Castus- They almost all hit...

Ralix and the Others:

You spot, from your hiding place, the crowd charging from around the corner. A voice, guttural and inhuman, yells out: "Kills the Intruders!" and the sounds of firing riffles fills the street.

Horts:

"About the time the attacks started, the power was knocked out. Without light, we can barely see anything: let alone these strange bullet casings on the ground." He says, as he examines the pictures of the bolt-shells.

"We fight mutants- not monsters: though some suspect dark things lurk in the shadows. You'd best keep your picture books away from the men, lest you further ruin their moral."

crazedloon
2010-04-24, 01:43 AM
Castus

Castus's body is riddled with the fire from the onrushing mutants. He falls to a knee and than to the ground face first.

Talkkno
2010-04-24, 01:51 AM
"Do you have a base of operations? Horst asks, as he meddles with his psy-tracker.

Awareness [roll0]

Bowerbird
2010-04-24, 11:38 AM
"Claus, Ralix, covering fire, I'll check if Castus is alive!" Ravion says, rushing out to check Castus' vitals, trusting in his teammates to at least slow the advancing horde long enough.

Don't you die on me now, Cogboy!
How hard is it to check if he's alive?

Lycan 01
2010-04-24, 06:23 PM
"CASTUS!!" Ralix howls, face contorting with horror and rage as he moves out of the building and races to follow behind Ravion. As he runs, he hurls his last hallucinogen grenade high into the air towards the enemy crowd. He hopes the force of the throw and the pull of gravity will cause the grenade to plummet and land in the midst of the mutants, sending them into confusion long enough for the Acolytes to get to Castus.

Half round move
Half round grenade throw: [roll0] vs BS 50?

Saldre
2010-04-24, 11:52 PM
Horst:

"Yes- The Town Hall: its over on the other side of Old Town Square: down this street." He says, before turning to his men.

"Clear the street- let the car go trough." He yells out to them, and helps them make a path for the vehicle.

"But there's nobody there now: were out patrolling the streets, trying our best to keep things under-control. If you want to help, we won't turn you down: in truth, you look well equipped to handle the more dangerous parts of town." He starts, then scratches his chin.

"Those strangers I told you about- I heard they were down in the northern slums. Since the fighting started when they showed, its safe to say their responsible for it. If you can wipe them out..." He trails off...

Castus, Ralix and Ravion:

Ralix and Ravion rush to Castus sides- the Tech-priest's lying in a puddle of his own blood on the ground, the grenade still clenched tightly in his hand.

Ravion can barely make heads or tails of the mess of bloody cables and rags
that cover the techpriest's body- until that, he spots his chest heaving: whether he is breathing, or the mechanical apparel is performing some sort of function, it is impossible to tell.

Ralix throws the grenade into the air, hoping that it will land in the crowd- but a gust of wind makes it likely it wont: not unless he gets lucky.

Claus fires another round off at the crowd, knocking another riffle-man. As the remaining three fire- another sound catches your attention.

[OOC: Claus, awareness test. Ralix, your gonna need to fortune point that if you want it to hit...

Here are the three shots for the riffles:

1- Ravion
2- Ralix

[roll0]-[roll1]-[roll2]
[roll3]-[roll4]-[roll5]+3
[roll6]-[roll7]-[roll8]]

Talkkno
2010-04-25, 12:15 AM
"Thanks, I'll see what I can do. Have you found the reason the power went out? Fighting in the dark against mutants can't be good for morale. Also would you have a map of the town by any chance." Horst asks.

Saldre
2010-04-25, 12:23 AM
Horst:

"Is the transformer: its been burned out. They have probably wrecked it somehow. I heard one of them was walking around it yesterday." He answers.

"We don't need maps: we know our way around town quite well. Its pretty easy once you get the hang of it. If you want to help killing those troublemakers, head down this street" He says, pointing down the road.

"Past the old town square statue, you keep on going until you hit another barricade. They'll let you trough there. Tell them Andrew Martin sent ya."

Talkkno
2010-04-25, 12:31 AM
Horst nods in thanks, as he follows his directions in Andrew meationed, as he stops at the checkpoint muttering, as he tries to get his psy-tracker to pick up some aethric ripple...

"Andrew Martin sent for me, looking into the troublemakers you guys seem to having trouble with...

Awareness: [roll0]

Saldre
2010-04-25, 12:44 AM
Horst:

With the path clear, you begin to drive across town. Your path is simple: a single main road that cuts across town. Soon you spot the statue Andrew had mentioned: its head has been covered by a black rag, giving you the impression its been decapitated.

The statue itself is not what catches your attention. Your eye is drawn to the large ominous building it behind it. But only for an instant- as you drive by and continue on your way to the second barricade.

It takes you a good ten minutes to reach it: wooden boards and old furniture have been stacked across a street intersection. When you call out Andrew's name, a voice rises from behind the debris.

"Your car won't fit trough here stranger: you'll need to go on foot." It croaks.

Talkkno
2010-04-25, 12:53 AM
"Well, please take good car of the van, then, wouldn't want to huff it alll the way if I have to make a get away. Any idea where their approximate location was? " Horst asks with dark humor, as he gets out of the van, and closes the door a few meters away from the barricades.

FullPlateJacket
2010-04-25, 01:48 AM
Claus also rushes to Castus's side after taking his shot, putting away his rifle and switching to his Spectre. He points it out towards the crowd, standing in front of the wounded Cogboy. "I won't let it end like this..."

Setting up a killzone... could I fire a full burst from here?

crazedloon
2010-04-25, 02:03 AM
Castus

Castus lifts himself from the ground and looks at his companions.

You all have forgotten the simple plan and left yourself open to their return fire.

He waits longer for the mutants to approach and readies the grenade.

[roll0]

Bowerbird
2010-04-25, 02:47 AM
"Nobody listens anymore.." Ravion says, looking at the others. "Fine, do what you like, get us all killed, including the civillians." with that Ravion runs back to the woman and Pelki.

FullPlateJacket
2010-04-25, 03:42 AM
"Sheesh, that's great to hear from the guy who's riddled with bullets..." Claus mutters, returning to his position as he fires a shot off at another one of the men with guns.

Single shot:[roll0] vs. 95
Damage: [roll1]

crazedloon
2010-04-25, 06:07 AM
Castus

seeing that his meat shield has once again retreated Castus charges the oncoming creatures, should they be within range he throws the grenade

[roll0] vs 40

Saldre
2010-04-25, 02:47 PM
Castus & the Gang:

Still the crowd continues its relentless advance. Castus begins to run towards them- but a loud crackling sound catches his attention. Turning to the right, he spots the source of the sound: as the others rush towards the building, the entire thing shakes and before they reach it comes crashing down over itself.

From the cloud of dust and smoke left behind, you spot a massive figure fading away into the depth.

Ralix's grenade lands in between you and the crowd, detonating and releasing a wave of gas.

Ahead of you, the grenade's gas blocks your vision. To your right, the dust from the ruined building does the same. Only the path behind you is clear- and that leads back into the maze.

Horst:

You leave the car and move into the barricade proper. One of the men points you towards the south.

"We sent in a party after them not too long ago." He says coldly and moves out of the way.

crazedloon
2010-04-25, 03:06 PM
Castus

Castus plunges into the gas. His medicae mechadendrite plunges into his back injecting drugs into his system. He than waits in the gas waiting for the creatures to get close enough to throw the grenade.

inject panimmune
toughness test to ignore the gas
[roll0] vs 40 + 30 + 20 +10 resistence poison= 100 :smallbiggrin:

Talkkno
2010-04-25, 03:19 PM
Horst nods if affirmation, as he moves in the indicated direction on foot.

Lycan 01
2010-04-25, 06:42 PM
"Next time you play dead, Castus, at least send us a Vox message..." Ralix sighs. He then looks back and groans, "Where'd Mr. Expendable and the girl go?" Turning on his heels, he begins to move back in their direction. "I suppose you guys can handle this. Can somebody cover me while I go back and find them?"

Saldre
2010-04-25, 07:27 PM
Ralix & Everybody else that's not Castus or Horst- (In retrospect it would have easier to just say Ralix, Claus and Ravion):

You watch as Castus steps into the cloud of gas and quickly vanishes from your line of sight as it engulfs him.

Horst:

You begin to walk down the street. The buildings in this part of town are in a worse shape then anywhere else...

Suddenly, you hear the distinctive sound of gunfire in the distance.

Castus:

You walk into the smoke, resisting its hallucinogenic effects- But you can barely make out anything...

[ooc: Perception checks for everbody]

Talkkno
2010-04-25, 07:31 PM
Horst meddles with his auspex in a attempt to gain more information about the source of the gunfire.

Awareness +20 [roll0]
Reroll.[roll1]

Tech use [roll2]

Bowerbird
2010-04-26, 11:44 PM
"Wonderful, no doubt just what our invisible friend wants.." Ravion says, cycling his vision over to Infrared in the hopes that it will help him to see.

Lycan 01
2010-04-26, 11:58 PM
Ralix crouches to one knee, and scans the surrounding area for hints of the Lictor.

Saldre
2010-04-27, 12:49 PM
Horst:

The gunfire is coming from only a few streets away- you don't think its very far.

Seconds after, the loud crash of a rotten building crumbling reveals that something big is going on in that general direction: you had best hurry before its too late.

Ravion, Claus:

Amidst the clouds of hallucinogenics and debris, you can spot nothing: not even Castus.

Ralix:

You on the other hand can see it: for just an instant, something ( a tail perhaps? ) slithers into the cloud behind Castus.

Something very large.

Castus:

You wander into the cloud, carefully watching your surroundings, when you hear an enraged growl from behind you.

You turn around just in time to see a hybrid charging out of the gas- completely enraged. He leaps at you and slashes with his sharp claws, driving them deep into your chest... [OOC: Its 13 non primitive damage! Dodge or Suffer!]

crazedloon
2010-04-27, 01:22 PM
Castus

Castus turns and attempt to dodge the creature.

[roll0] vs 10 :smalleek:

Talkkno
2010-04-27, 02:07 PM
Horst runs in the direction gunfire, as he pulls his massive twin barreled autogun, as he intones the litany of war.

"Emperor, bestow on me Your righteous fury and Your furious strength. Let me become the storm that blasts the enemy from Your sight."

crazedloon
2010-04-27, 02:12 PM
Castus

Castus reals from the impact as the flesh and steel of his chest is burst. His mechadendrite descends on the wound stapling it shut and injecting stimm directly into his heart. The drugs stimulate his body and his reaction quickens his sense sharpen and he takes in his surroundings on every level. He lashes out at the offending mutant with his axe which he strikes to life with a tap on the ground.

[roll0] vs 75/85 [roll1]

[roll2] vs 78
[roll3] vs 75/85 [roll4]

half action staple and inject
[roll5] vs 30
[roll6]

Lycan 01
2010-04-28, 05:47 PM
Ralix's eyes widen as he catches a glimpse of the chitinous tail snaking into the cloud. With lightning reflexes, he manages to draw his plasma pistol, subconsciously making sure its set to Maximum. Barely taking time to aim, Ralix screams: "CASTUS!! GET DOWN!!" He then pulls the trigger, praying to the Emperor that the vibrant blue miniature sun erupting from the barrel finds its target.

Max Plasma Blast: [roll0] vs BS 50 + 10 laser sight - 40 fog = 20 (+10 close range? Please?)

Damage: [roll1]

Saldre
2010-04-28, 11:20 PM
Ravion and Claus:

You hold your grounds, protecting the civilians. But You can barely make out anything in the clouds on either side.

You hear a thud- something heavy falling on the ground: Castus?- just before Ralix's fires a plasma blast that illuminates the street in a straight line.

Castus:

You slash at the mutant with the axe- but miss, no doubt due to the drug still taking effect.

Towering above you, he raises his claws into the air, ready to bring them down for a finishing blow... but the hit never comes, as at that moment a fireball pierces trough the cloud of gas and strikes him. In an instant, he is consumed by the flames as his skin melts away...

But as he burns away- you spot the smoke around him shifting, as something large- yet somehow invisible, seems to move around you.

Horst:

You rush towards the source of the fire- just in time to hear an explosion, and see a thick cloud of dust and debris fill the street ahead of you. The sound of gun fire resonates from its depth.

Talkkno
2010-04-28, 11:46 PM
"I am the darkness that surrounds me, I am the air that surrounds me, I am the land that hides me, I wait to strike, From the darkness, I wait to kill, Front out of thin air, I am invisible, And I am silent death." Horst whispers the Prayer of Invisibility, as he heads to the nearest front pourch of one of the houses and takes cover, shielding most of his body from sight, as the cameoline faded him in the background he hefts his longlas, pointing in the direction of shapes inside the cloud.

Concealment +20 [roll0]

crazedloon
2010-04-29, 09:31 PM
Castus

As the creature looms out of the fog Castus's mechadendrite snaps to attention and fires. Castus reaches out with his senses at the oncoming creature. He readies his axe in case the creature is his only way out.

reaction to the end of the last round
[roll0] vs 40 + 10 close + size - 20 fog = 30 +size
[roll1]

basic senses to get what I can
[roll2] vs 75/85 [roll3]

auspex for an accurate knowledge of my surroundings
[roll4] vs 78
[roll5] vs 65 [roll6]

crazedloon
2010-04-29, 10:13 PM
Castus

Sensing no alternative to fighting the creature before him Castus flings himself at the beast with his full strength and prays that the Omnissiah will protect and guide him. He swing the glowing axe down into the creature with his mechadendrite. The pistol once more fires into the creature's face, however it waits for the most opportune time to disrupt its attack.

[roll0] vs 20 + 10 best + 20 all out = 50
[roll1]

mechadendrite will fire to attempt to disrupt the attack (no clue if it will help)
[roll2] vs 40 + 30 point blank + size - 20 (face)= 70 (I assume at this range fog is irrelevant)
[roll3]

Lycan 01
2010-04-30, 07:34 PM
"Frak, frak!" Ralix growls, waving his smouldering weapon around in the air in hopes it will cool down faster. "I missed! Castus, you still alive!?" the Adept howls out to his friend. He then looks at Ravion and Claus and snaps, "Hey, don't ya'll have heat-sensing visors or something? Use 'em and save the Cogboy!" He then begins to move towards the cloud, hoping to get a better look into the obscuring mist.

Half Action: Move towards but not into cloud

Bowerbird
2010-04-30, 07:47 PM
Ravion looks around hoping to be able to see, "I tried that, this stuff is interfering with them! you know what, hell with it, point me towards him, and stay here."

Saldre
2010-05-01, 05:47 PM
Castus:

You charge at the unseen figure and swing your axe, but it slices trough the air.

In an instant, a massive shadow falls over you: and you can feel it towering behind you.

With one swift attack, it drives its massive scythes talons into your skin and slowly lifts you up into the air, staring you in the eyes.

You find yourself facing the monstrous creature- a long, burned scar runs across its face, inflicted by your own mechandrite earlier that day. It lets our a hideous roar, its tentacled maw reaching out for you as it proceeds to rip your limbs off your body...

Horst:

The cloud begins to fade- you can see the "enormous" outline of a monstrous figure standing at the center of the street.

Ravion & Friends:

As the cloud begins to fade, you can see the enormous outline of a monstrous figure standing at the center of the street...

Held above its head, Castus's limp body is being stretched further and further as it slowly pulls him apart, moments away from ripping him to pieces...

Lycan 01
2010-05-01, 06:36 PM
"CASTUS, NOOOOO!!!!" Ralix screams as his eyes focus on the sight before him, his body instantly flying into action. The Adept's feet fly into motion, and he lunges into the air in an attempt to get close to the foul Xeno. Raising the ancient plasma pistol held firmly in his grasp, Ralix aims at the center of the beast's body, hoping that the blast of searing plasma will either strike it, or cause it to dodge, either option hopefully resulting in it dropping the Tech-Priest. "BURN YOU FRAKKING MONSTER!!"

Half-round move towards the Lictor
Max Plasma Blast: [roll0] vs BS 50 + 10 sight + 30 point blank - 20 untrained (70)
Damage: [roll1] + [roll2] + 6
Pen 8

crazedloon
2010-05-01, 07:46 PM
RIP Castus

Castus's body resists the creatures strength but his joints begin to buckle. Castus Turns his vox box to its max as his last litany to the Omnissiah booms forth. His body begins to pulse with power. His body becomes a vortex of bio lightning swirls around his body. The robes and cloths which cover his body burn away leaving a blinding light which cuts through the smoke. His body begins to convulse as the energy plays havoc with his muscles. His litany however continues without stop without pause and his eyes are filled with the divine hatred of his god. When the energy was finally to much for his body to contain the mechadendrites ripped clean from his flesh and his internal reservoirs of energy explode with power unseen but in high powered explosives. The metal and flesh which once contained the essence of Castus tears through the beast holding him with the ease of a plasma cutter through steel. Castus's final sight was of his head flying through the air gazing on as the creatures innards burst from the wounds. His head finally came to rest as the last of its flesh burned away as a skull with the Intricate Mechanicus symbols still etched in bio tattoos across half of his skull.

thus ends Castus :smallfrown:

[roll0]

Saldre
2010-05-01, 08:06 PM
Everybody:

A bright flash of light erupts from the center of the gas cloud, momentarily blinding you- before you can react, a massive blast follows: the buildings around you shake and tremble as chunks of burned gory flesh rain down over the entire street.

Once it clears, and silence settles back around you, you find yourself staring onto an empty street. Only burned ruins remain, littered with the scared and mangled corpses of the crowd that had been sent after you, indistinguishable from the remains of the Lictor- who are scattered all over the ground and the rooftops.

[ooc: Perception Test to notice something]

Bowerbird
2010-05-01, 09:20 PM
Ravion halts mid-charge, "Ouch... Well, he got the Lictor at least... I hope.." he stops and scans the area for hostiles.

Lycan 01
2010-05-01, 09:38 PM
Ralix opens his eyes. One moment he'd been running to save Castus, the Tech-Priest's mechanical prayers drowning out his own screams. The next moment there'd been a brilliant flash of light, followed by darkness. Now, waking up sprawled out on the cold cobblestones of the alley floor, Ralix didn't even have to look around to know his only friend on this team had perished.

"Frak, Castus..." the Adept sighs, slowly sitting up. The walls and ground around him were coated in bloody gore, mechanical fluid, and metal bits. A nice mix of the organic and mechanical stew had also found its way onto and into his robes. Slowly and shakily, Ralix rises to his feet, calmly wiping the blood and oil from his face and arms. He bends down and picks up his knife and plasma pistol, holstering them within his robes after shaking them clean. He then surveys the sight before him. "Well, at least you went out like a true servant of the Omnissiah. I'm pretty sure He'd be impressed you left more shrapnel than flesh in your wake... Heh heh heh..." the scholar chuckles sadly.

He then notices the skull. Still smouldering, the charred cranium seems almost to be staring at him, mechanical bits and tattooed engravings still visible on its blackened surface. Perhaps Ralix's mind was playing tricks on him... but it almost looked like the skull was grinning. A smirk flashed across Ralix's face. Castus probably was grinning, wherever he was now...

"Well, can't just leave you here like this..." Ralix mutters, leaning down and picking up the skull. "Gotta have something to show the higher-ups when I recite your actions and dying deeds..."

Talkkno
2010-05-01, 09:44 PM
Horst emerges from his hiding place and waves, moving toward Ralix, as he puts back his longlas and hefts his autogun, with a grim smile.

"Looks like you are the acolytes I was looking for, Inquisitor Hettesh Kane thought it best to send me to help me find this psyker you guys are looking for...." He remarks grimly, as he takes a look at the assorted carnage of metal and flesh.

"Horst Raltus, sergeant of the 512st Zielwhen Rifles, at your service, anyone mind telling what was that huge thing that just blew to pieces? Not even twist hulks ever get that big....and believe me, when you staring down one frothing a chain axe in your face, you get a real nice look at them." He remarks wistfully, holding his hand outstreched to shake Ralix's hand in return.

Lycan 01
2010-05-01, 10:08 PM
Ralix surveys the man at first with a perplexed expression. He then cradles Castus' skull with his left hand while reaching out with his right hand to accept the shake. "Ralix Zane, Scholar and Scribe. Judging by your gear, attitude, and the fact you aren't trying to sacrifice us to Daemons, I'd say you're telling the truth. Sorry if I seem a bit flippant and brisk, but I've had a rough night and just saw my friend explode. The bug he blew up was a Lictor, an advanced scouting organism for the Tyranids. They run Vanguard for Hive Fleets, and show up once the Fleet has already been called for. Yeah, hate to break it to you, but you just got assigned to a planet knee-deep in Genestealers, and the dinner bell has already been rung. We were too late to stop them from sending a message, though we did manage to wound the Patriarch, which is also infused with and mutated by Daemonic energy. So Chaos is probably involved, too. I'm sorry if that doesn't make much sense to you... We've had to put most of this together ourselves. In short, we're having trouble finding the Psyker, but we found a Tyranid invasion plot instead. Which is well under way, to the point that we may need to call in the Astartes before long. Oh, and you've got some Cogboy on your shoe..." Ralix mutters, pointing down at the red and black stains on the Guardsman's boots. His tone is casual and bemused, and its hard to tell if he's being sarcastic, silly, or dead serious.

Talkkno
2010-05-01, 10:22 PM
"Sorry hear that." Horst replies as he offers him a lho-stick, as he mires himself to deep thought.

"Astartes, you say...well I have a van parked not too far behind us, apprently theres a ad-hoc milltia setup in this town that's hovering over barricades near the van. Let me see if i can get this psy-tracker working though, I'd like see if I can at least get a stab of the psyker before we leave for Windhaven, its your call though." Horst mumurs as he rubs his bolter shell for a bit of luck, as he tries to get the psy-tracker working.

Tech-Use [roll0]

Saldre
2010-05-01, 10:30 PM
Alicia:

Your dream-like vision has guided you to this place, and now, as your shuttle cuts across the sky above the forsaken town of Biltem, you understand why.

There is no Emperor here- Instead, a vast hunger: infinite, primal- monstrous: wholly not of man.

Beneath you, smoke rises from the ruined town: clearly something was amidst. Your suspicious are confirmed when moments later, a bright flash blinds you- followed by a massive explosion coming from the center of the town.

Is it a sign? Only one way to find out- the door is open, and Biltem awaits.

[OOC: Str Test as you Jump!]

Ravion:

There no traces of any enemies, but you spot something shine beneath a chunk of Lictor gore in the distance...

Lycan 01
2010-05-01, 10:34 PM
"Thanks. His conviction was admirable..." Ralix muses, waving off the offered lho-stick.

"Hate to break it to you, but that militia you met was comprised of Genestealer hybrids. Y'know, the abominable mixes of humans and Xenos, who share a linked Hive Mind and organize the whole "calling in the Hive Fleet" thing. So yeah, whatever they told you, it was all probably lies, just to get your guard down. They probably thought you'd be trigger happy, like some agents of the Inquisition are..." he looks down at Castus' skull for a moment, then continues, "And do the dirty work of killing us for them. But thankfully, that's not the case. So... If you want to find the Psyker, be my guest. We've lost our Psy-tracker, but another member of our team manifested latent Psychic abilities right before he turned traitor and ran off. He claimed he could sense Timmy - the 10-year old Alpha Level Psyker - nearby and tried to lead us to him. Then he ran off... Oh well, he's on his own now. We told him if he tried anything silly, we'd put a bolt in his skull. He probably thought his chances were better with the Genestealers... At any rate, Timmy may still be nearby, so if you can detect him, I saw we make one last attempt to accomplish this accursed quest. Then its off to Winterhaven to call in reinforcements... Or find transport off planet, since its likely too late for them to dispatch any help for this world..." Ralix sighs.

Talkkno
2010-05-01, 10:49 PM
Horst stares in frusatation at the stubborn machine spirt, as it refuses to yeild to his tinkering.
"Frak, let's get out of here, this Emperor-forsaken place gives me the creeps." The Guardsman mutters, as he leads the way to the barricades, the whispers of darkness creeping into his thoughts, banishing them as he rubs his scared bolter shell once more.

Bowerbird
2010-05-01, 11:00 PM
Ravion slowly picks his way through the debris towards the object, carefully picking it up and examining it.

Saldre
2010-05-01, 11:07 PM
Ravion:

Moving aside the pieces of meat, you find Castus's gore drenched axe- barely operational, having been propelled away by the blast.

Lycan 01
2010-05-01, 11:13 PM
"And where do you propose we go, Sarge?" Ralix smirks playfully, his old self slowly returning. "Those Hybrids have probably set a trap, in case we all come walking back that way alive. I'm not sure we can handle another major firefight right now. Got a more tactical approach? Claus and Ravion here are pretty good at the sneaky stuff..." he shrugs. "In the meantime, try the Psytracker again. I don't think things will go well for us if we return without exhausting every lead..."

Bowerbird
2010-05-01, 11:15 PM
Ravion wrenches the axe from the debris, hefting it and examining it. "This should probably be returned along with the skull."

Talkkno
2010-05-01, 11:23 PM
"With my care I intone you. With sacred oil I appease you, Be quiet, good spirits, And accept my benediction." Horst nods towards Ralix, as he attempts to get the machine spirirts to obey.

Tech Use [roll0]

crazedloon
2010-05-01, 11:35 PM
Alicia

Alcia lets the wind fill her hair. She breaths deep and mutters a small prayer to the emperor for leading her to the mission for which she may once again regain her honor and his blessing. She turns to the crew who risked themselves to deliver to this god forsaken city.

Thank you blessed souls for the safe passage. The emperor shines well upon you.

She kicks herself out of the door with her entire strength letting the wind and the freedom of falling take her. As she falls the spirit of the emperor fills her and brings songs to her lips. She begins to sing the praise of the emperor and his divine servants letting her voice raise beyond the howl of the wind. As the song fills her heart with joy she aims herself at the remains of the explosion.

[roll0] vs 40

not needed because it is normal use however just because
[roll1] vs 40

[roll2] vs 30

Saldre
2010-05-01, 11:43 PM
Alicia:

You begin to drop- and luckily, your jump pack allows you to reach your destination with ease. You drop down at the end of a street in a cloud of dust.

Everybody:

Suddenly- loud singing comes down from above you. Suddenly, your attention turns to a figure quickly descending at the end of the street, landing in a small cloud of dust and debris.

Horst:

The Psy-tracker bleeps- you detect a spike of some sort. If you had to guess, relative to your current position, its coming from somewhere in Old Town Square.

Talkkno
2010-05-01, 11:45 PM
"Got a location on the psyker, he's in Old Town Square....what's that singing?" Horst mutters, as he looks up into the sky.

Lycan 01
2010-05-01, 11:47 PM
Ralix suddenly freezes dead in his tracks. He arches an eyebrow, and turns his head from side to side. "Guys, I think I've lost my mind. Anyone else hear singing?" he asks aloud, trying to better hear the beautiful-yet-off-key voice being carried on the wind.

As the cloud of dust erupts at the end of the street, Ralix sighs. "Great, now what? Maybe its an Angel, falling from the sky after being sent by the Emperor to aid us? Wouldn't that be something?" the Adept chuckles darkly.

crazedloon
2010-05-01, 11:55 PM
Alica

The wind billows as her jump pack throws dust around her figure. Her pitch black armor distorts her form and she looks around the street. Her pistols are held in her hands ready to confront the enemies that her visions brought to her. A large object lay against her back cloaked in black velvet. Her hair, a stark white, flows down the side of her face. The fluer of the sororitas imprinted boldly on her shoulders and the Aquila of the Inquisition on a chain over chest. Her eyes a clear gray the final words of the song on her lips.

[roll0] vs 50

Talkkno
2010-05-02, 12:04 AM
"I hear it to, lets see if mangoculars can see anything. Horst replies, as he takes his mangoculars and zooms in the humanoid fiqure.

Awareness +20 [roll0]

Saldre
2010-05-02, 12:10 AM
Alicia:

Your being watched- that much is certain. From where? You can't say. The buildings all around you are in ruins- but you can feel people moving around. Those second floor windows are boarded up- but you think you can spot something shining from within. An eye perhaps?

Horst:

You spot a woman in heavy armor looking around as if lost.

Talkkno
2010-05-02, 12:15 AM
"Its a woman, heavily armored, I'm guessing is a Sister of battle...want to wait, Ralix, I have the track on the psyker. Horst comments, as he puts away his mangoculars.

crazedloon
2010-05-02, 12:24 AM
Alicia

Alicia her voice and peers around the street.

The Divine Emperor has sent me to purge this place. Show yourselves villains and I will do you the mercy of a swift death.

Bowerbird
2010-05-02, 12:28 AM
Ravion continues to examne the axe, checking that the power field still works, hearing the singing and the commotion, and finally the woman shouting he looks up, "Yeah, because telling them to politely step outside to be shot always works..." he says as he looks around for the source of the voice.

Awareness [roll0] vs 60

Saldre
2010-05-02, 12:33 AM
Alicia:

As you move down the street- you spot them. A shadowy group: clearly armed. One of them is holding something in his hand: its round, but that's about as much as you can see.

Ravion:

The axe is still operational, though quite dirty.

You spot the figure as she advances towards your group.

Bowerbird
2010-05-02, 12:48 AM
Raviona activates and deactivates the powerfield a couple of times to get rid of the majority of the dirt before lowering the weapon and turning to face the other newcomer.

Lycan 01
2010-05-02, 12:23 PM
"A Sororitas?" Ralix's eyebrows raise, incredulous at the prospect. "Wow, I need to make jokes more often..." He then looks up at the skies and briskly makes the sign of the Aquila, silently mouthing a thanks to the Emperor.

The Adept then looks at Horst and nods. "Alright, lets wait and see what her story is. Then we can follow the trail to the Psychic source you detected. If its Timmy, we need to be careful. If its not Timmy, we still need to be careful. Ravion, you lead the charge, and try to disable his abilities. Everyone else will cover you and offer fire support. Oh, and if we find Juron, don't kill him. Just wound him, severely if you so desire. As the ranking authority for this mission, I reserve the right to put a bolt between his traitorous eyes. If it weren't for him, Castus' wouldn't be decorating the walls right now..." he growls.

crazedloon
2010-05-02, 01:41 PM
Alicia

Alicia walks to the huddled group without any pretenses of rushing. However her weapons remain gripped firmly in her hands and her eyes follow every shadow around her. When she reaches within ear shot of the others she makes no pretenses about her mission.

In the Name of the Emperor Identify yourself or become part of my holy cleansing.

Talkkno
2010-05-02, 04:31 PM
"Horst Raltus, sergeant of the 512st Zielwhen Rifles." Horst salutes, as he puts away his psy-tracker, his eyes raised at her approach, hidden somewhat by his photo-visor.

Bowerbird
2010-05-03, 04:21 AM
Ravion doesn't even turn towards the newcomer yet, "Ravion, agent of the Inquisition," he says, fishing out an inquisitional badge and showing it to her, before finally turning while at the same time holstering Castus' axe, "So have we survived all these heretical xenos just to be killed by a Sororitas?" he says, folding his arms of his blood encrusted torso, before aiming a thumb in the direction of Horst, "He's new by the way."

Lycan 01
2010-05-03, 04:26 AM
"Ralix Zane," Ralix bows lightly, gesturing at himself with his right hand while still craddling Castus' skull with his left. "Scholar and scribe, and leader of this accursed mission. I assume you've been sent by the Inquisition to aid us?" he surmises, his wits having finally returned to him, for the most part at least. "And trust me, you'll have plenty to cleanse in the name of the Emperor. This place is filled with Genestealers, Hybrids, and other beasties... Truth be told, you're just what we need right now. And watch your step, the ground is a bit slippery with heathen, xeno, and martyr."

crazedloon
2010-05-03, 04:33 AM
Alicia

I am not sent by the Inquisitor but visions sent by the Emperor himself. I shall bring his light to this shadow and destroy those who would allow it to grow.

Alicia bows as she continues her introduction.

I am Sister Alicia named for Saint Alicia Dominica. Formally Sister Ephrael named for Saint Ephrael Stern seeking repentance for my sister's sin. Who has been martyred here. and how can I aid you in your quest?

Talkkno
2010-05-03, 02:17 PM
"Were looking for a powerful psyker in the vicinity, and I have the witch's location. We need to capture him alive, and I have dose of Topor for exactly that purpose, same stuff they use on the black ships. Though if the psyker is as powerful as you guys are saying...I'm not confident it'll totally shut him down." Horst remarks, showing them the vial of clear liquid, putting it back as he heads to the location the psy tracker indicated a moment before was the strongest incidence of aetheric dispurtion.

Navigation +20 if necessary [roll0]

crazedloon
2010-05-03, 07:16 PM
Alicia

Alicia nods at the guardsmen.

I know well what is used on the foul witch. I shall assist you in this venture as it seems the emperor has guided me to you. How do you plan on apprehending the witch?

Lycan 01
2010-05-03, 07:58 PM
"The Psyker is our main goal, but the least of our problems. This planet is infested with Tyranids. This city is the center of a Genestealer infection, and they've already called in the Hive Fleet. We were too late the stop the ritual or whatever they do, though it was probably done awhile ago. There are already some of the big bugs here. Poor Castus here," he holds out the skull, then goes back to craddling it, "Took out a Lictor, which is a scouting organism that runs vanguard for the Hive Fleet. So yeah, this planet is doomed unless we call in reinforcements soon. I think we have just enough time to kill the Psyker, though, since it WAS our original mission..." Ralix shrugs.

Bowerbird
2010-05-03, 08:07 PM
"Kill or capture, we have Torpor, and I am a warp-null, we should be equipped to take him alive for sanctioning, we need to get moving. New guy, what's the situation up near the square? We should start heading there now, also where did you leave your transport?" Ravion says, drawing his spear and preparing to head to the square.

crazedloon
2010-05-03, 08:11 PM
Alicia

A null in a place like this? Indeed the Inquisitor was better prepared than I had thought. I shall take the front lines with you when we face the witch. Where is the witch located?

Talkkno
2010-05-03, 10:54 PM
"I know he way, its going to take us over the barricade though. I'll go first, since they would have no reason to shoot me first if they are these hyprids your talking about." Horst replies, pointing in the direction his psy-tracker pointed out earlier.

crazedloon
2010-05-03, 11:01 PM
Alicia

I shall shadow you in the dark, those who can do the same would be wise to join me. The rest should remain farther back.

Alicia follows Horst staying close to the buildings and shadows where her armor shifts color to match and hide her location.

[roll0] vs 50

[roll1] vs 60
[roll2] vs 20

Bowerbird
2010-05-03, 11:09 PM
Ravion activates his own armour and follows suit.

Awareness: [roll0] vs 70
Concealment: [roll1] vs 80
Silent move: [roll2] vs 70

Lycan 01
2010-05-04, 12:17 AM
Ralix holsters his plasma pistol, and switches out for his Bolt pistol. He also stops to put Castus' skull in one of his backpack's holding areas before drawing his chain-knife. He then decides to hang back for now, and follow up the rear... As he follows along, he'll scan the area for any threats, or more importantly weapons. With only 4 Bolts and 4 plasma shots left, he is now in dire need of ammunition and weapons.

Awareness+20: [roll1] vs Per 40 to find a weapon

Saldre
2010-05-04, 12:21 AM
Everybody:

Unfortunately, the Sororitas' marching heralds the group's coming miles away. Soon, you come across the barricade- and though a few members of your group are clearly visible, there is no response from behind the wall of debris.

Talkkno
2010-05-04, 12:50 AM
"I'll advance forward first, if any of those fraggers have the nerve to fire, support me." Horst mumurs, as he makes his way up the barricades, taking care to take as much cover as possible, activaiting his stummer.

Silent Move +30 [roll0]
Concealment +20 [roll1]

Saldre
2010-05-04, 01:06 AM
Horst:

You walk into the intersection, past the barricade. There doesn't seem to be anyone there.

You can spot the vague outline of the van in the distance ahead of you.

Again, the road splits into three: to the northern residential, to old town square and to the docks.

crazedloon
2010-05-04, 01:10 AM
Alicia

Alicia waits for signs of any trouble for Horst

[roll0] vs 50

Talkkno
2010-05-04, 01:25 AM
Horst puts up with a wave of his hand the all clear singal, and mutters in his mirco-bead.

"All clear.

crazedloon
2010-05-04, 01:29 AM
Alicia

Alicia moves up to Horst and looks into the distance.

did you just shoot the deus ex.... :smalleek:

[roll0] vs 50

Saldre
2010-05-04, 01:34 AM
Horst & ALicia:

There is no trace of anyone, or anything, moving around you. The Intersection is deserted.

crazedloon
2010-05-04, 01:41 AM
Alicia

Where is the witch, it seems this intersection is no longer occupied as you thought.

Alicia glances around

Bowerbird
2010-05-04, 01:49 AM
Ravion creeps into the square, flitting from shadow to shadow, checking the area is clear.

If I can't use my old rolls:
Silent Move: [roll2] vs 70

Talkkno
2010-05-04, 01:50 AM
"It's somewhere in the Old town Square, the van is going to be the quickest way. Though were going be crossing another barricade, so keep your eyes peeled and guns ready, I'll be driving." Horst replies bluntly, as he takes on the wheels and starts the engine, waiting for the the others get in, as he starts driving toward the location the psy tracker indicated before.

Saldre
2010-05-04, 01:54 AM
Ravion:

For all intents and purposes, the area is completely deserted.

crazedloon
2010-05-04, 01:57 AM
Alicia

Alicia sits in the back of the vehicle nearest the door so as to exit quickly.

Calm yourself citizens the emperor has shined his light upon you and sent myself and the others to protect you and bring you from this shadow.

Bowerbird
2010-05-04, 08:41 AM
Ravion silently climbs aboard the vehicle. "Hey, wasn't this our van? I don't quite remember it having this much blood on it though, did you kill people with it new guy?"

Talkkno
2010-05-04, 12:27 PM
"Just found it admist a apprent blood bath, lots of blood and smelled alot, but the mutants are pretty tidy about not leaving body parts for people find. Horst comments as he keeps driving.

Saldre
2010-05-04, 05:18 PM
Everybody:

As you drive across the town, heading towards Old town square- but as soon as you exit the broken down slum district, you can't help but feel something off.

The streets are deserted, and the houses all seem completely abandoned- if not for the distinct shuffling sound that seems to rise from within their ruined frames.

You catch, from time to time, a pair of glistening orbs in between two boards on a sealed up window- the shifty eyes of some ancient resident staring at you from the safety of his house.

The wind rises, carrying with it the semblance of guttural voices praying in unison. A flash of lightning floods the area, lighting both the sky and the ground around you.

You soon arrive to second section of Old Town Square: ahead of you, the ominous temple dominates the square while the headless statue towards behind you.

Talkkno
2010-05-04, 06:13 PM
"The psyker should be around here somewhere..." Horst says, as he stops the van, and pulls out the psy-tracker, trying to zoom into the exact location...

Tech Use: [roll0]

Bowerbird
2010-05-04, 09:20 PM
"Try the church, the mutants seem to gather there, if he's captured, or working with them, he'll probably be there. Want me to sneak in and check? Also if you haven't noticed, something about this place messes with tech and vox frequencies." Ravion says, leaning out one of the van's windows and looking around the square.

crazedloon
2010-05-04, 10:20 PM
Alicia

I believe the direct approach may be best. This "church" must be purged ether way and the direct approach will be most efficient.

Lycan 01
2010-05-05, 08:41 PM
"I'd personally prefer that Ravion scope it out, then either Vox us or report back within 5 minutes. Our last few "dramatic entrances" have not gone well in our favor..." Ralix frowns, scratching dried blood and grime off of his bolt pistol. "By the way, anybody got a spare weapon? I'm done to 4 bolts and enough fuel for 4 plasma shots. So if anyone has... oooh, saaaay, a pistol? Of the bullet variety? Yeah, that'd be nice..." the Adept grins playfully, mostly back to normal.

Bowerbird
2010-05-05, 09:35 PM
"Alright, I'm off, give me 10 minutes. If you do make a grand entrance, remember the music." he says, patting the van. With that Ravion climbs out, and stealthily makes his way into the building. Checking first the way he entered previously.

Awareness: [roll0]vs 60
Silent Move: [roll1] vs 70
Concealment: [roll2] vs 80

Saldre
2010-05-05, 09:39 PM
Ravion:

You manage to sneak to towards the church without attracting attention. The passageway you had carved into the wooden panels blocking one of the windows is still there.

The faint smell of death lingers in the air, rising from the opening: reminding you of the battered corpse that no doubt waited for you within.

Bowerbird
2010-05-05, 09:42 PM
Ravion activates his glasses' infrared and nightvision capabilities before peering into the room, and eventually if all is clear, climbing in. Being cautious yet hurried, so he makes the 10 minute deadline.

Saldre
2010-05-05, 09:46 PM
Ravion:

Much like you expected- nothing has changed. The corpse is still sprawled on the floor, and a rotten odor permeates the air around the basement.

On the other hand- as you glance into the distance, outside of the cell: you can't help but feel it is TOO quiet. The shuffling of prisoners had all but vanished, as if you were completely alone.

Bowerbird
2010-05-05, 09:54 PM
They must have sacrificed their prisoners already, damn. Ravion makes his way up the stairs to check out the main section.

Saldre
2010-05-05, 10:00 PM
Ravion:

You climb up- only to find that the church is completely empty. Not a soul in sight.

Bowerbird
2010-05-05, 10:08 PM
Standing, Ravion pulls out his Auspex and sees if he can detect any anomalous readings, before heading back to the van.

Awareness: [roll0] vs 60 (+20 for auspex, 80)
Tech Use: [roll3] vs 30

Saldre
2010-05-05, 10:10 PM
Ravion:

There are no signs of life in the entire church.

Everybody:

The storm gains strength, and now heavy rain begins to fall upon the square. You feel the statue's ominous gaze from behind the black thing that drapes and conceals its face.

Bowerbird
2010-05-05, 10:16 PM
Ravion returns to the others, "No signs of life in the church, guess i was wrong. What now?"

Lycan 01
2010-05-05, 10:16 PM
"Y'know... That statue gives me the creeps..." Ralix mutters. "I wonder why they have that black clothe over it?"

Saldre
2010-05-05, 10:21 PM
Ralix:

A flash of lightning illuminates the square- you think you can spot something moving trough the broken windows one of the houses nearby... but moments later there is still no response to your presence: and save for the storm, no other sound.

crazedloon
2010-05-05, 10:28 PM
Alicia

Alicia exits the vehicle and looks up at the Statue

I shall attempt to see why it is hidden.

She gances around the square before kicking off of the ground. Her Pack kicks in to turn her jump into a leap. She crests the statue and Slides the black hood from the head.

[roll0] vs 50

Lycan 01
2010-05-05, 10:36 PM
"Stop, wait!" Ralix yelps, trying to stop her before she gets out of the van. "We're being watched!"

Saldre
2010-05-05, 10:38 PM
Alicia:

You rip the cloth of the statue's head just as another bolt strikes in the distance.

As the light once more illuminates the statue, you are caught by surprise at the horrifying sight the cloth had no doubt concealed for years.

The head, monstrous and inhuman, sported a large skull with a flat forehead. A set of fangs lined a wicked grin etched across its face, while large bulbous eyes glared at you: cold and motionless.

As quickly as you had seen it, the vision fades, and as you catch you're breath you see the statue for what it it really is: a man, seemingly old- but noble. His face carries with it a certain air of authority. Clearly someone of importance to the town's people.

Bowerbird
2010-05-05, 10:45 PM
Ravion checks his auspex for any gatherings of life signs in the buildings of the square, trying to work out where Timmy could be.

Awaerness (Auspex): [roll0] vs 80
Tech Use: [roll1] vs 30

crazedloon
2010-05-05, 10:45 PM
Alicia

Alicia lands unsteady at first but than She kneels facing away from the figure. She begins a loud prayer to the emperor for his protection and guidance. As she prays she lets her mind shift through the horrors of her past experiences to recall what the vision could have been.

forbidden lore [roll0] vs 30

Saldre
2010-05-05, 10:48 PM
Everybody:

The square is still empty, and you still fail to detect anything from your auspex. Only the stare of the statue falls heavily over your shoulders, while the Temple of the Great Father seems to beckon ahead you.

crazedloon
2010-05-05, 10:54 PM
Alicia

Alicia stands and looks at the others.

This cowering has gotten us nowhere. I shall no longer wait.

She than turns to the doors of the church and walks towards them.

Foul creatures of darkness, I have come to cleanse you from the emperors sight so that his light might once more fall upon his people and his world! Come forth and meet what foul fate awaits you!

Lycan 01
2010-05-05, 11:18 PM
Ralix sighs, allowing his forehead to bonk against the steering wheel as he lets his head drop limp. "Stubborn, arrogant, danger-magnet... Great. She's a hot, female version of Castus. Its like the Emperor couldn't decide if he hated me or loved me when he sent her..." the Adept mutters to himself. He then slowly steps out of the van, and draws his bolt pistol. "Excuse me Sister, but getting us killed by a swarm of frakking Tyranids is probably not the best way to bring glory to the Emperor..."

Saldre
2010-05-05, 11:20 PM
Alicia:

As you advance towards the temple- you can spot something moving behind the pillars: an arm, a gun, a person.

It takes less then a second for them to pop out of their hiding spots from behind the pillars and aim their guns are you.

crazedloon
2010-05-05, 11:39 PM
Alicia

Alicia reacts without hesitation and falls forward and her pack throws her at her attacker. As she glides smoothly between the newcomers her outstretched hands holding her two pistols.

For the Emperor! You shall burn for you sins foul heretics!

With these words muttered Flames engulf all the men who have attempted a trap on the Acolytes

[roll0] vs 40 to react first (gain a surprise round)
[roll1] for actual turn order

I shall full action move to the porch and use hip shooting to use the two exterminators to hit all of the enemy on each side (or at least as many as I can get in what should amount to a 42m line (me being about 2ish of those meters))

[roll2] 4 guys
[roll3] 3 guys

Saldre
2010-05-06, 12:00 AM
Everybody:

Suddenly, you see Alicia jump and take flight- heading straight for the doors of the temple.

Seconds later, a burst of orange flames engulfs the entire thing and you can see several figures running madly out from behind the pillars, screaming as they are consumed by purifying flames...

Talkkno
2010-05-06, 12:06 AM
"Brutal, simple, yet effective. On the subject of weapons, Adapt, do you know how use a longlas?" Horst says casully, as if this was a normal everday occurrence, people burning to death. As he walks to get the front of the temple, offering Ralix the longlas. As he goes to temple steps, he attempts to get his psy tracker working

Tech-Use [roll0]

Bowerbird
2010-05-06, 12:07 AM
Ravion shrugs, "Say what you like, she's effective, I like it." before running full speed towards the temple, drawing his power-weapons as he does so.

Saldre
2010-05-06, 12:08 AM
Horst:

It is only after great effort and great pain that your suspicious are finally confirmed- the psy tracker detects something large in the temple.

Perhaps even the temple itself.

crazedloon
2010-05-06, 12:15 AM
Alicia

Alicia stand at the doors and give them a swift kick to open them. Her weapons point forward ready to fire upon anything that might think her a nice snack.

[roll0] vs 50

[roll1] vs 40

Lycan 01
2010-05-06, 12:15 AM
"Nope, I'm a pistol guy..." Ralix grins, twirling his bolt pistol. He surveys the brutal scene before him, and smirks. "Y'know, I think Castus would have liked her style... Speaking of style..." the Adept turns towards Ravion and flashes a twisted smile. "Since our cover is blown, and we need to make an entrance... what would you say to some music?" As he speaks, he flourishes a small tape casset from his robes - the same tape that had played the bizarre music during his homicidal joyride in the van the previous evening.

Talkkno
2010-05-06, 12:16 AM
"Large aetheric warp dispurtion right here, Ravion since your the stealth expert, mind taking the lead, though I'm not too shabby myself." Horst replies, he waves the others into the temple.

Saldre
2010-05-06, 12:18 AM
Everybody:

Ellen and Pelkie elect to stay in the car- its way too dangerous for them inside. Furthermore, Claus will watch the door and protect them until you return.

Ahead of you, the massive doors to the temple await, beckoning you to enter...

Saldre
2010-05-06, 12:25 AM
After Alicia kicked the doors open:

You can spot dark entrance hall ahead. This grimy place is decorated with ragged ancient tapestry that hang from somewhere in the ceiling.

In the distance ahead- you can make out the outline of pillars, behind them a set of stairs leads to a second floor and what seems to be an indoor balcony.

[ooc: when you enter, throw a d100]

Talkkno
2010-05-06, 12:27 AM
"Me and Ravion will go in first." Horst mumurs as he heads towards the stairs and moves to the second floor, activating his stummer.

Move Silently +30 [roll0]

Concealment +20: [roll1]

Bowerbird
2010-05-06, 12:28 AM
"I think at this point stealth is no longer an option," Ravion says his statement punctuated by the crash of the Sororitas kicking in the temple doors, looking over his shoulder at Ralix he grins, "Sounds good to me." he activates his power-weapons and rushes to catch up with Alicia.

crazedloon
2010-05-06, 12:29 AM
Alicia

Alicia slides her photo visor on and scans the room her weapons at the ready.

Guardsman I would suggest you take the rear with the scribe in the middle. Your firepower is longer range than the Null's and my own and both of us will do better against the direct assault of the witch.

[roll0] vs 50

[roll1]

Talkkno
2010-05-06, 12:33 AM
"In such close quarters, range isn't a factor, and I must emphasis we must take him alive..." Horst mumurs back.

Bowerbird
2010-05-06, 12:44 AM
"Should we find the target, myself and the new girl should incapacitate him, while you inject the torpor. Reserve killing him as a final option, should he be obviously infected he must be destroyed, however." Ravion says, if nobody objects, he takes point.

Lycan 01
2010-05-06, 12:48 AM
"Just tell me when, Ravion, and I'll give us a theme song..." Ralix smirks, getting in the middle of the group. Noticing the looks everyone gives him, he shrugs. "What? Maybe it'll confuse them, or throw off their rythme if they're chanting or concentration if they're doing some sort of ritual..."

D100 reroll if possible: [roll1]

Well, looks like I'm stuck with that attrocious roll from earlier...

Saldre
2010-05-06, 12:55 AM
This is where it gets really fun:

Everybody:

As you walk into the building, all is quiet and not a thing seems to move from within. The darkness here is thick, and not a lit candle or a flickering flame to be seen in sight.

As you advance underneath the balcony, the eerie silence is discomforting. From here, you make out several options: ahead of you, two sets of stairs leads upwards. To your right, a massive door leads blocks the path while a hallway leads to the left portion of the temple.

Ralix & Horst:

You get the unnerving feeling your being watched.

Talkkno
2010-05-06, 01:01 AM
Horst counties to move towards the stairs, taking the right one.

crazedloon
2010-05-06, 01:03 AM
Alicia

Alicia looks around the room.

We should check the uppermost levels, than we will sweep the building from top to bottom as one unit. It will allow us the most protection and firepower.

[roll0] vs 50

Lycan 01
2010-05-06, 01:06 AM
"This silence is... oppresive. All in favor of music to lighten the mood and hopefully interupt whatever dark forces may be at work here, say aye..." Ralix mutters, raising his own hand, bolt-pistol locked in his grip. "Aye..."

Random: [roll2]

Bowerbird
2010-05-06, 01:38 AM
"All those in favour of the direct approach say aye, stealth has it's place, but now is not it, they expect us already. Aye on both accounts." Ravion says, "Unless someone else has a better plan?"

crazedloon
2010-05-06, 01:49 AM
Alicia

Alicia looks at the others and grins that they have finally given up the stealth ideas. It has its places and she understands but this mission had gone well beyond stealth.

I am indeed ready for the direct approach however I would refrain from the music. Though I am believer in its abilities to aid the soul in combat silence will be needed to sense anything approaching us.

[roll0] vs 50

Saldre
2010-05-06, 01:50 AM
Everybody:

Before you can even finish your sentence, Horst has already headed up the stairs.

You still need to decide where to go.

Ralix and Horst:

You felt as if you were being watched- and now your are certain of it. Peculiar sounds catch your attention- sounds you could not hear before: the faint sound of wood creaking... the wind blowing outside, as if from an open window... the sounds unsettle and unnerve you.

crazedloon
2010-05-06, 01:59 AM
Alicia

Alicia looks after the guardsmen.

Null I never got your name and it is rude of me to call you by such a name. However You should follow the guardsmen, use your abilities to guard his soul. Scribe you are with me We shall ascend the parallel stairs and we will meet the others at the top.

She than turns to Ralix an gives him a hearty smile.

When the time comes I shall join you tape in singing the praise of the emperor until then take comfort in the knowledge that the emperor would not send me to aid in what would be your last stand but to see you safely from the shadows.

She thought to herself that it was not wise to reveal her own death quest. She turns heel and begins to walk up the left stairs weapons at the ready.

[roll0]

[roll1]

Bowerbird
2010-05-06, 02:06 AM
"Ravion, my name's Ravion. This place i shielded from scans I can't make heads or tails of it. Anyway, see you on the other side." Ravion says, swiftly climbing the stairs after Horst.

Saldre
2010-05-06, 02:18 AM
Everybody:

You both reach the second floor at the same time. The balcony here is empty, and looks over the entrance hall. Around both corners, To the right and left, two hallways extend and lead further into opposite sides of the second floor.

[ooc: don't forget the d100]

Talkkno
2010-05-06, 02:24 PM
"I'll head to right, you take the right." Horst says to Ravion, as he heads to right hallway.

Silent Move +30 [roll0]

crazedloon
2010-05-06, 02:26 PM
Alicia

We shall take the left. Come scribe, again I do not have your name I am sorry what might I call you.

Alicia moves to inspect the left hallway.

[roll0] vs 50

[roll1]

Lycan 01
2010-05-06, 05:55 PM
"The name's Ralix..." the Adept replies with his characteristic smirk, opting not to mention he'd already told her his name earlier. Following along behind the Sister, he scans the hallway with his bolt pistol. "And thank you for your help. If you and the Guardsman hadn't shown up, this mission would have become much more difficult. The Emperor Protects, I suppose..." he grins.

Lucky: [roll1] vs 7
Fate: [roll2]

Saldre
2010-05-06, 11:46 PM
Seeing as this place is symmetrical, both groups see this:

You enter a long hallway- like all of other hallways in this place, it is decorated with ancient unlit candelabras. The wall paper is ripped, turned yellow by the passing of time, and a faint odor of decay is prominent in the air around you.

At the end of the hallway a dead end blocks your path. However, two closed doors- one on the wall to your right, another on the wall to your left, are your next two options.

The others are out of sight now- this place is much bigger on the inside then it looks on the outside.

Talkkno
2010-05-06, 11:55 PM
Horst opens the closed door on the right, leaning on the side of wall as he does so, only exposing his head as he peeks inside the room.

d100
[roll0]

Lycan 01
2010-05-07, 12:01 AM
"Ladies first," Ralix nods towards the doors, flashing a smirk. "Especially when they're in body armor..."

Bowerbird
2010-05-07, 12:11 AM
Ravion waits for Horst to give the all-clear before moving to follow him.

Saldre
2010-05-07, 12:15 AM
Horst:

The room in question is a large meeting room of sorts. Bookcases line the walls to the walls ahead of you, while a table and chairs for eight takes up the vast majority of the chamber.

It is however empty.

Ravion:

You hear a door opening somewhere- and what seems like footsteps.

Talkkno
2010-05-07, 12:20 AM
Horst goes over to the bookcase, picking a book at random and skimming over it.

D100 d100
[roll0]

Saldre
2010-05-07, 12:24 AM
Horst:

You walk into the room and towards the bookcase. Picking one up at random, you flip trough the pages to find that it deals with theology: judging by the titles of the other books here, they all seem to revolve around religious themes.

Talkkno
2010-05-07, 12:33 AM
Horst puts the book back on the shelf, as he heads to the door on the left, doing the same procedure he did on the door he entered before.

Bowerbird
2010-05-07, 12:37 AM
Ravion does not enter the room, instead trying to pinpoint the source of the sounds he heard.

Saldre
2010-05-07, 12:38 AM
Ravion:

Its coming from directly below you... and it sounds like several people running...

Bowerbird
2010-05-07, 01:05 AM
Ravion creeps over to the balcony and looks down into the main hall, tring to remain as inconspicuous as possible.

Awareness: [roll]1d100[/roll vs 60
Silent Move: [roll0] vs 70

crazedloon
2010-05-07, 05:49 AM
Alicia

Watch the other door and our rear.

Alicia than moves to the right door and opens it with a swift kick and scans the room for hostiles.

[roll0] vs 50

[roll1]

Saldre
2010-05-07, 04:32 PM
Alicia:

You break open the door and walk into the room- only to find your vision blocked by towering piles of books and debris.

You hear shuffling, and catch a glimpse of something collapsing at the end of the room.

Ralix:

You hear footsteps- people running, and a faint voice rising from the first floor.

Ravion:

Peering down, you spot five hybrids in heavy coats holding shotguns running about the floor to secure it.

They slam the massive front door shut as they patrol and take up positions, carrying large benches which they topple down for cover.

Horst:

You turn to exit the room and step into the hallway and as you put your handle on the next handle to open it, you hear the unsettling sound of glass breaking from behind you...

Talkkno
2010-05-07, 05:04 PM
Horst turns around to meet the sound of breaking glass.

Awareness +20 [roll0]

Saldre
2010-05-07, 05:10 PM
Horst:

From the door, you can spot across from you on the side of the room. They are both broken- the shards of glass littering the floor.

Lycan 01
2010-05-07, 07:02 PM
"Shall we hold the hall or move into a room?" Ralix asks, dropping to a kneel and scanning the hallway with his bolt pistol.

Bowerbird
2010-05-07, 10:19 PM
Ravion carefully takes note of the hybrids positions, with thought to how he could possibly take them out one by one stealthily.

Concealment: [roll1]
d100: [roll2]

Talkkno
2010-05-07, 11:19 PM
Horst goes back to the open the door in the same fashion.

Bowerbird
2010-05-07, 11:51 PM
When Horst comes out in the corridor, Ravion motions for his attention. he brings his finger to his lips to indicate silence, and points down over the balcony, showing Horst 5 fingers.

crazedloon
2010-05-08, 01:25 AM
Alicia

There is something in this room. I shall secure the room, you remain in the hall and watch my rear.

Alicia than moves into the room. She moves around the wall which corresponds to the hallways wall, keeping it to her back. She scans the room for whatever had been moving.

[roll0] vs 50

[roll1]

Lycan 01
2010-05-08, 01:30 AM
"You say so..." Ralix shrugs, crouching low in the doorway, hoping to avoid himself some cover if things get ugly. He then aims his bolt pistol down the hallway, waiting for any threats to show themselves.

Aiming

Saldre
2010-05-08, 04:25 PM
Alicia:

Your advance is soon halted by a large stack of books- and your vision is obscured by similar towers spread around the room.

The room is deathly quiet, save for your clanking footsteps.

As you scan your immediate surroundings, you quickly realize you'll have to leave the safety of the wall if you intend to navigate the room.

Ralix:

From your position, you can spot part of the balcony- and if you strain your eyes, you can see Ravion on the other side.

Horst:

You turn your back to the open door and reach out for the handle of the other one once more... only to find it locked.

Ravion:

Impossible to take them out stealthy: not unless you find another way down to the first floor, they have the stairwell secure.

As you motion your warning to Horst, he seems not to react- going for the door ahead of him instead.

However, as you look in his direction, a lightning bolt flashes the hallway and illuminates him- revealing, just for an instant, a large eerie shadow with stretched out arms spread over him coming from the room behind him.

Talkkno
2010-05-08, 04:38 PM
Horst turns around goes into the room with the broken glass.