PDA

View Full Version : What lies beneath.... II [IC]



Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Saldre
2010-03-19, 01:31 AM
Everybody's in the caves... looking for something....

Link to the OOC! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144927&page=26) Link to the Old IC! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7891595#post7891595)

Lycan 01
2010-03-19, 01:33 AM
Ralix can't help but feel a strange sense of Deja Vu...

Saldre
2010-03-19, 01:35 AM
Ravion and Claus:

From underneath one of the torches, you spot something massive moving and quickly vanish into the darkness outside of the light's range: going inside a side tunnel.

FullPlateJacket
2010-03-19, 01:35 AM
Claus is in the caves... looking for something... then he sees it. He motions to the others besides Ravion.

"There's something up ahead. Hopefully Ravion saw it as well, because it looks big."

crazedloon
2010-03-19, 11:06 AM
Castus

Castus refocuses his mechadendrite and continues to move forward.


[roll0] vs 75/85 [roll1]

Bowerbird
2010-03-19, 01:32 PM
Ravion remains watchful for the creature as he moves forward.

Awareness +10 [roll0] vs 60

Saldre
2010-03-19, 10:17 PM
Everybody (Sorry about the delay)

As you pass by the torch where you had believed to have spotted the creature, you notice something else catches your attention:

Etched onto walls, some one... or something... has carved a message in what you believe to be High Gothic: you can't quite make out what it says though, as the stone has long since withered, leaving only faint image of the text.

You can attempt to decipher it before moving on...

Lycan 01
2010-03-19, 10:28 PM
"Hold on a second..." Ralix mutters, pulling his lamp pack out of his backpack and holding it up to the engravings. "Let me see if I can figure this out..."



High Gothic: [roll0] vs 50

Saldre
2010-03-19, 10:51 PM
Everybody in the Cave:

Your able to decipher it, though just barely. The message reads:

"The time of its coming is eminent; brother shall kill brother, Chaos shall topple Law, and anarchy will flourish in the habitations of men."

Ahead of you, the cave seems to slope downwards then turn sharply as it goes further into the depths: the tracks stop abruptly: they have been completely destroyed...

Juron (I suggest the others avoiding reading Juron's segment so that may better enjoy their section of the adventure :P) :

You step into the forest and begin to make your way across the trees. Soon however, you begin to realize that you were somewhat mistake: what started out as a forest, soon converted into marshlands. Your boots sink into muddy waters as you advance, trying to find your barring.

The trees remain thick and crowded, blocking your vision of the sky. Though it is daytime, only a bit of sunlight is able to pierce trough their thick foliage and light your way.

Your surroundings are deathly silent, bringing you either relief... or the realization that there's something seriously wrong with the idea of a quiet marshland.

[OOC: As you have a general idea of the direction to Windhaven, you can attempt a tracking to a find path to the chasm.]

Lycan 01
2010-03-19, 11:03 PM
Ralix frowns. "Sounds like the calling of the Hive Fleet isn't very far off. We'd better hurry, guys..." Holding his lamp pack aloft with his left hand, he keeps his right arm straight and sweeps the cave with his bolt pistol, ready to blast anything that moves.



Awareness +20: [roll0] vs Per 40

Forbidden Lore (Xenos) roll to know how long calling the Hive Fleet takes, or any other useful information. [roll1] vs Int 50

crazedloon
2010-03-19, 11:04 PM
Castus

Castus looks closely at the ground zooming in to examine the stone for the remnants left by the tracks such as indents or holes where rail spikes would have been. He keeps his other sense open to pay attention to the cave around him.

Why would you say they are close Ralix?


[roll0] vs 85/75 [roll1]

Talkkno
2010-03-19, 11:09 PM
"I really wish I had my photo-visor at his point." Juron mutters, as he takes out his mono edged combat knife, cutting a large chunk of a driest wood he could find, and putting it near his hellgun, half pressing on the trigger near the capacitor, as it warms up, Juron whittles against it, hoping to make a makeshift torch, if sucessful he countiues to make his way threw the swamp, relying on his finely honed tracking skills to make it Winterhaven...

Tracking +10 [roll0]

Saldre
2010-03-19, 11:13 PM
Ralix and friends:

As you continue on into the caves, you enter what seems to be the final section: the large tunnel ahead of you is blocked.

It is rather dark around here, you (mostly Ralix) can only advance slowly with the little bit of light the lamp pack casts inside the cave (to give you an idea of its size).

Approaching one of the walls, you notice strange carvings etched out all around. Symbols and signs that seem to make no sense, covering the entire length of the cavern walls.

Lycan 01
2010-03-19, 11:16 PM
"The summoning, or the bugs themselves?" Ralix arches an eyebrow. "I haven't the slightest idea where the Genestealers are, but gimme a second to think..." he mutters, digging around in his backpack for that old battered tome.

He didn't really care if Castus saw the book. He doubted the Tech-Priest would try to kill him for it, at least not without giving him a chance to explain himself. He also doubted Juron and Claus would raise much issue about it, since they probably wouldn't even know what it was. Juron was the only one to worry about, and since he wasn't present, Ralix found himself slightly at ease as he tried to find the book.

crazedloon
2010-03-19, 11:21 PM
Castus

The coming of the fleet. What does the wall say?

Lycan 01
2010-03-19, 11:24 PM
"The High Gothic basically said we're running out of time. It said brother would kill brother, and Chaos would fill the streets. Metaphoric cult blabber, and whatnot..." he mutters. Once done with the book, he stuffs it back in his backpack. He then notices the markings on the wall, and slowly approaches them. The Adept begins to mutter a prayer to the Emperor, asking for protection and guidance, and for the preservation of his soul as he tries to decipher them. "Give me a moment, and I'll see what these have to say..." he murmers, slightly uneasy in the face of such blasphemy.

Saldre
2010-03-19, 11:27 PM
Juron:

You travel trough the marshlands with your makeshift torch, continuing on a path you believe will lead you straight to Windhaven.

Unfortunately, the going is not as easy as you would like to be: the trees around sway with the winds as they whistle eerily.

Then you hear it... a branch breaking somewhere to your right, within the thick-foliage.

Talkkno
2010-03-19, 11:30 PM
Juron drops his torch to the ground, moving to a nearby tree to hide, observing where the creature may be coming from.

Awareness +20 [roll0]
Move Silently [roll1]
Concealment: [roll2]

crazedloon
2010-03-19, 11:35 PM
Castus

That does not mean it has anything to do with the hive fleet. Unfortunately there are still to many factors with this incursion to make such assumptions. We need to keep moving ether way.

Castus motions to Ravion to continue forward

Saldre
2010-03-19, 11:36 PM
Juron:

You hide out behind a nearby tree of suitable width to conceal you. Unfortunately, you spot nothing in particular. The zone is quiet again... Unnaturally quiet.

[OOC: another tracking test to get back on track]

Ralix:

The carvings on the wall seem to be a combination of signs and symbols dedicated to the ruinous ones. You recognize a myriad of elements often associated with cults that worship them: from swords, skulls, eyes, lightning and thunder and carvings and strange and monstrous bug like creatures.

Talkkno
2010-03-19, 11:43 PM
Juron moves out the tree, and cuts another thick bark to make another torch, making his way to the forest.

Tracking +10 [roll0]

Saldre
2010-03-19, 11:51 PM
Castus:

You walk up to the center of the room, and search the floor for remnants of tracks.

You're able to locate them, only to realize that this was the end of the road: the tracks don't lead any further then this room.

As you turn around to rejoin the others, you spot something- a narrow cleft in the stones, seemingly winding downwards.

crazedloon
2010-03-19, 11:53 PM
Castus

I believe our path continues this way.

He indicates that direction and moves closer to take a better look.


[roll0] vs 85/75 [roll1]

Bowerbird
2010-03-19, 11:55 PM
"Wait up, let me check it out first," Ravion says as he moves forward to investigate.

Lycan 01
2010-03-19, 11:57 PM
"No..." Ralix mutters. "No, no, no, no, no... This cannot BE!!" he exclaims, eyes wide in confusion and horror. "These... these markings are not Tyranid at all, yet they bear references and glyphs representing them! These are Chaotic runes, and they refer to the Ruinous Powers... but they also have bug-like markings, which probably represent the Great Devourer! But... the two don't work together, do they?!" he gasps.

He then shakes his head, and refocuses his mind. "I must study this further. Surely I'm missing something here..." he mutters as he leans back in to examine the runes.


Another look to see if I can piece things together or have a stroke of insight...

Cults +10: [roll0] vs Int 50

crazedloon
2010-03-20, 12:03 AM
Castus

Ralix do not dwell on these facts. We have a mission and we knew that Chaos had already planted its seed here. Indeed it may be that the Tyranids used the locals blasphemous worshiping to hide their own presence until it was too late.

Saldre
2010-03-20, 12:03 AM
Ravion:

The passage is slimy, requiring you to squeeze trough it: no doubt the Tech-priest will have difficult going in and out quickly.

However, it soon widens revealing a set of stone stairs, seemingly natural that spiral both downwards and upwards.

A thick layer of slime coats the stairs: they seem slippery.

crazedloon
2010-03-20, 12:08 AM
Castus

When he is sure that Ralix will join them Castus pulls his mechadendrite in close to his body and squeezes through the passage and follows Ravion. He looks around the new chamber looking for signs of the crystals as well as anything else which might interest or be a threat to Castus.


[roll0] vs 85/75 [roll1]

Bowerbird
2010-03-20, 12:10 AM
"The passageway opens up after a while to some stairs, they look pretty slippery though.. I'll give them a try." Ravion says back to the others before seeing about going down the stairs.

Lycan 01
2010-03-20, 12:11 AM
"Bah..." Ralix growls, backing away from the markings. "Mindless prattle and idiotic oaths. I seem to have misread the Unclean One's symbols for a Genestealer. My mistake... Urgh..." he rubs the back of his head, a mild headache having formed from such close proximity to the profane glyphs.

Saldre
2010-03-20, 12:42 AM
Everybody: (Sorry about the delay some more...)

You watch as Ravion goes down the slippery stairs...



[ooC: agility test! With some modifiers, of course. As for the others, gotta know if your going up or down]

Bowerbird
2010-03-20, 12:49 AM
Ravion fires his grapnel into the wall before traversing down the stairs, using the line to make sure he doesn't fall too far should he los his balance.

Agility: [roll0]

Saldre
2010-03-20, 01:02 AM
Ravion:

As you begin your slow descent, you realize it goes down much deeper then you thought it would. This would be your last chance to get a message across to your team members before you are too far down.

crazedloon
2010-03-20, 01:10 AM
Castus

Castus follows revion using his manipulator to attempt to steady himself.


[roll0] vs 20

Lycan 01
2010-03-20, 01:20 AM
Ralix follows after the rest of the group. He pauses in front of the crevise for a few seconds, stopping to steady his nerves and catch his breath. He then follows after the rest of the group...


[roll0] vs Ag 40

Saldre
2010-03-20, 02:42 PM
Everybody:

The trip down the stairs seems to take forever. As you spiral on and on, you finally reach an opening into another room, similar to the one you had left before you embarked on your journey downwards.

You realize now you have entered quite deep within the mines- if not for your various sensors it would have been pitch black. Luckily, as you're all capable of night-vision, you are able to spot several things:

Firstly, either naturally forming or dug into the walls and ground around you, a multitude of tunnels seem to extend upwards from the ceiling, and downwards deeper into the floor.

Secondly, etched onto the walls of the cave more carvings become evident.

These however, are of a completely different nature of the ones you had spotted earlier.

Instead, they depict monstrous creatures- some half-humanoid, some more insect-like then man: sporting huge claws and extra arms, tentacles and mouths, all engaging in most unholy activities.

A single look reveals the more monstrous figures to be sometimes feasting on the more humane looking ones, sometimes procreating with them, and other times simply ripping them to shreds.

At the end of the room, you can spot what seems to be the continuation of the stairs.

[OOC: Ok, so perceptions tests are evident around these parts. Also, I am going to need a d10 from each of you when you cross the room.]

Lycan 01
2010-03-20, 06:43 PM
"Oh goodie. More daemonic art projects..." Ralix sighs. He slowly approaches the drawings, muttering prayers and litanies under his breath. He then begins to examine the markings and glyphs, trying to decipher their meaning. Holstering his bolt pistol, he removes the brown tome from his pack again, and begins to flip through it while studying the cave drawings.

Bowerbird
2010-03-20, 08:59 PM
Ravion draws his weapons and does a circuit of the room, making sure that it's secure.

Awareness: [roll0]
[roll1]

crazedloon
2010-03-21, 12:06 AM
Castus

Castus stands in the middle of the room. He stretches his senses out around him to their furthest extent listening for the faintest sounds, looking for the faguist flicker of shadow and smelling for any change of the shape. He stretches his 6th sense attempting to permeate even the solid walls.


[roll0] vs 75/85 [roll1]

[roll2] vs 78
[roll3] vs 65 [roll4]

FullPlateJacket
2010-03-21, 12:38 AM
"Ignore it... Ignore it... focus.... focus..." Claus mutters to himself, trying to avoid looking at the blasphemous drawings, but trying to stay aware of his surroundings.

Awareness +10: [roll0]
D10: [roll1]

Saldre
2010-03-21, 12:59 AM
Ralix:

Your reach for the book, an idea nagging at the back of you're head as you do so. Opening it, you begin to flip trough the pages- when suddenly, it hits you.

These drawings are quite similar.

Upon the walls of this cave, these carvings depicts the horrifying truth of Biltem: Genestealers feeding on villagers, raping them, killing them,, enslaving them and finally leading them to some thing... monstrous.

At the end of the trail of carvings: one, more disturbing then, the others sends a chill up your spine: It depicts the monstrous creature offering a slave to a massive sun-like figure, its size easily dwarfing the other etchings combined, that seems to reach out from below.

[OOC: Your going to lose some insanity if you realize what's going on here... and even if you don't... its pretty disturbing... Fear Test! (Keep in mind, I apply modifiers as needed]
Claus:

As Claus turns his eyes to avoid the drawings on the ceiling, he catches sight of something perhaps more disturbing on the floor: Hundreds of prints- but not human.

These have been clearly been left behind by monstrous claws, breaking the very ground around them...

[OOC: I think the Implication of what you have just found deserves a fear test :P Like I told Lycan, I will apply modifiers as necessary]

Castus:

In the presence of the Untouchable, it seems your sensors are working fine. Unfortunately, the cave itself is unreceptive- you have clearly traveled too deep to send out any worthwhile signal.

Luckily, or not- you're get a clear picture of what's going on the room.

You can hear the pebbles tumbling from the holes in the ceiling as several clawed legs attach themselves to the edges and slowly crawl downwards towards you....

You can hear the sound of stone breaking as serrated talons hang on to stone ledges as they climb up the holes on the floor towards you...

And you can hear the sounds of Jaws snapping shut- chattering in anticipation of the meal they are about to receive...

You can feel them all around... Though you can't tell exactly how many... You are quite certain there's a lot of them. And they are getting closer. Fast.

crazedloon
2010-03-21, 01:03 AM
Castus

Move to a wall. We are about to be surrounded and we need to gain a defensible position and the best we can do is the wall.

Castus moves close to the wall and readies his weapon.


[roll0] vs 75/85 [roll1]

attempting to gain the first move vs whatever approaches

also forgot this
[roll2]

FullPlateJacket
2010-03-21, 01:10 AM
"Well, this is certainly a place where plenty of foul beasts have been recently, but what gives you that idea?" Claus says, looking around for enemies while backing up to the wall. After looking in every direction, Claus looks up.

Awareness +10: [roll0] vs. 45 Per + 10 + 10 heightened vision (plus bonuses for hearing or touch?)

crazedloon
2010-03-21, 01:15 AM
Castus

I hear them coming

Castus is short and to the point before getting his back directly against the wall using the wall to sense the vibration to keep a watch for any critters descending from the ceiling. He assures that there is no tunnel or lip from which critters can come from above him.

Lycan 01
2010-03-21, 01:31 AM
Ralix grows in frustration. "Stupid cave drawings, wasting my time..." he snarls, turning away from the glyphs and sigils. "Apparently, its a guide to how Genestealers work - infection, infestation, and then finally, invasion. But we already knew that, so this doesn't really tell us anything we didn't already know about. Grrr..." he growls, irritated at the feeling that he's missing something important.

He then places the tome back in his backpack, then draws his bolt pistol. "Right, soooo... I'm gonna hide behind Castus now..." he mutters as he slowly backpedals over to the Tech-Priest. "And provide suppresive fire from the back," he adds, trying to sound like less of a coward. He then hunkers down behind Castus, and begins to mutter under his breath more prayers and litanies. "Holy Emperor on Terra, watch over us in our time of need. Guide our aim and guard our bodies, steel our nerves and harden our hearts..." he murmers.



Switching to bolt pistol, crouching behind Castus, and then praying for the rest of the turn...

Oh, btw, FOR SALDRE ONLY:

This constant rolling and PMing is getting a bit old... :smallsigh:
[roll0] vs 7

Wow, didn't work for once... :smallconfused:

Bowerbird
2010-03-21, 01:11 PM
Ravion moves to stand next to the others, his blades drawn and ready. "Let them come, they shall feel the fury of The Emperor."

Saldre
2010-03-21, 05:42 PM
Everybody-

What began as low sounding scratching in Castus's censors now floods the cave- rising out from the holes in the floor and dropping down from the holes in the ceiling.

The sound of a swarm of claws scratching and clawing their way through dirt and rock as they climb from the depths of the cave and make their way towards you.

Suddenly, they come pouring out of the holes, covering the floor of the cave- a swarm of small spider-like creatures, sporting ravenous jaws lined with sharp teeth and sharp talons that dig into the ground and drive the entire mass forward... ready to overwhelm the group...

Lycan 01
2010-03-21, 07:18 PM
"What are these things?!" Ralix howls, opening fire.


Firing into the swarm with bolt pistol: [roll0] vs BS 50 + 10 aiming + 10 laser sight + 10 best bolt pistol + 10 burst fire + ?? range + ?? size (90)

Damage 1: [roll1]

Damage 2: [roll2]

crazedloon
2010-03-21, 07:45 PM
Castus

Castus aims his lasgun into the group and lets a volley hit the mass. While the shots streak through the group he cast about for a better target.


[roll0] vs 40 + 10 semi + 30 point blank
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4] vs 75/85 [roll5]
searching for a main bug or some other thing that is different from the rest of the bugs

Bowerbird
2010-03-21, 08:57 PM
Ravion sighs, "Great, I knew I'd miss my shotgun at some point.. Dammit Juron!" with that he draws his power blades and starts into the creatures when they get close enough.

We had 300 XP, 200 of which could be rank 6 yes? If so I a least have Step Aside (2 Dodges).
Also I'll use the Serpentine, as it's more engineered for sweeps through the mass than the lance.
Attack1
WS: vs 50
Damage: 1d10+6[/roll
Attack2
WS: vs 50
Damage: 1d10+6[/roll
Attack3
WS: vs 50
Damage: 1d10+6[/roll
Blademaster
WS: [roll3] vs 50

Saldre
2010-03-21, 09:36 PM
Everybody:

The creature advance, a black wave of death and destruction: though your concentrated fire seem to thin down their numbers, more and more keeping pouring out of the various holes in the ground.

They reach your feet, snapping at them, climbing atop your legs- you shake most of them off, but still they relentlessly advance.

Castus:

Despite the loud shots echoing around the cave and the infernal chattering of claws and teeth, your able to detect vibrations, as if something in the wall behind you...

crazedloon
2010-03-21, 09:42 PM
Castus

When the creatures nearly rip his leg off Castus drops his gun and it swings from its leather strap.

Move Null!

He draws his pistol and waits only long enough for Ravion to be out of the way and empties his flamer into the bugs.

There is something behind us.


[roll0]

FullPlateJacket
2010-03-21, 10:17 PM
"I knew the underslung shotgun was a good investment..." Claus mutters, firing the aforementioned into the swarm of bugs.

Attack: [roll0] vs. 95
Scatter means 1 extra hit per 2 degrees of success.
I'll roll damage in the OOC thread since I don't know how many hit's I'll get.

Lycan 01
2010-03-21, 10:34 PM
"Oh Emperor!" Ralix yelps, pistol-whipping the nearest creature out of the air just as it lunges at its face. Not even bothering to aim now, he simply unloads into the swarm as fast as he can.


Dakka dakka... [roll0] vs BS 50 + 10 Best + 10 laser sight + 10 Semi-Auto + ?? range/size

Damage 1: [roll1]

Damage 2: [roll2]

Saldre
2010-03-21, 10:49 PM
Everybody:

The wave of creature washes over you again, nibbling at your feet and legs, leaping into the air as they attempt to rip you to pieces, forcing you against the wall

Your volley of hits seem to dent the swarm, slaughtering them wholesale...

Ralix:

Suddenly, moments after Castus's warning... the cave wall behind you crumbles, revealing for a split second several claws shooting out of the darkness.

All trying to grapple you and quickly pull you into the darkness!

[OOC: You have time for a single instinctive action - Yell out a warning to the others, or jump to avoid the claws]

Lycan 01
2010-03-21, 11:02 PM
"OH EMPEROR!!" Ralix screams, wheeling around just in time to see several grasping claws come streaking towards him out of the darkness. He instinctively throws himself backwards in an attempt to escape, only to realize he just hurled himself right into the heart of the swarm. "WHY EMPEROR?!" he howls in exasperation, trying to regain his footing and lunge back to safety.



Dodge Number 2: [roll0] vs Ag 40

Bowerbird
2010-03-22, 12:07 AM
"I have a name you know!" Ravion says as he jumps to one side to avoid the flamer blast, battig the few chittering creatures that had managed to climb him, just in time to see the claws erupt from the wall. He jump forward as the claws rake towards Ralix, dodging whilst attempting to slash the claws heading for his comrade.

Rapid Reaction: When surprised or ambushed I roll an agility test, on a success I act normally, I'm gonna assume that let's me do this?
Agility: [roll0]
I will attempt a charge action to attack the creature leaping for Ralix, preferably with the lance, to stop it from dragging him off.
WS: [roll1] vs 70
Damage: [roll2] If the lance isn't feasible take 2 from the damage and we'll say I used my sword.
Blademaster: [roll3] vs 70
Dodge (If needed) [roll4] vs 70

Saldre
2010-03-22, 12:13 AM
Everybody:

The creature ducks back into the newly formed tunnel before you get a chance to even spot it.

The Swarm on the other hand, does not relent!

Bowerbird
2010-03-22, 12:20 AM
"Ralix, grab my hand!" Ravion shouts, having landed too late where Ralix was, Ravion sheathes one of his blades and leans forward, hand outstretched to help Ralix out of the swarm, as with his other hand he slashes at the unending horde of critters.

Sacrificing an attack to help Ralix out of the swarm, giving him some sort of bonus I assume.
Attack1
WS: [roll0] vs 50
Damage: [roll1]
Attack2
WS: [roll2] vs 50
Damage: [roll3]
Blademaster:
WS: [roll4] vs 50

Lycan 01
2010-03-22, 12:42 AM
"Get me out of here!" the Adept howls as he reaches out to take the assassin's hand, dancing his feet around snapping jaws and firing his gun blindly behind him into the swarm.


Getting out and shooting.

Move roll, if needed. [roll0]
Shooting: [roll1] vs 50 + 10 sight + 10 best + 10 semi-auto

Damage 1: [roll2]
Damage 2: [roll3]

FullPlateJacket
2010-03-22, 03:41 AM
"Stay away from that wall - that thing might come out again at any time!" Claus yells, continuing to fire his shotgun into the swarm. He keeps his guard up, preparing for any more attacks by whatever is in the walls - or something from any other direction, for that matter.

Attack: [roll0] vs. 95
Awareness: [roll1] vs. 75 or 85

crazedloon
2010-03-22, 08:27 AM
Castus

Castus sidesteps barely in time once more. The front of his robes get caught by the creatures and his chest nearly gets revealed. He sheaths the pistol as his mechadendrites swat creatures away. His hand plunges into his bag and pulls out a mine. He flicks a few switches and pulls a cord.

By the will of the Omnissiah you shall all die.

He tosses the mine into the large group mass where the bio sensors immediately trigger.


[roll0] vs 40+30 point blank+ size
[roll1] X damage pen 8

Saldre
2010-03-22, 03:58 PM
Everybody:

The mine beeps frantically as waves of creatures crawl of it, absorbing it into their folds and muffling the cries of the explosive's triggering alarm.

In an instant, the swarm seems to expand and a bright flash of light fills the chamber, immediately followed by a the muffled sound of an explosion. The ground and the ceiling both shake, but the swarm has absorbed the power behind the blast.

The creature's gory remains are splattered all over the walls and the acolytes, their numbers now clearly finite- though still hulking, the swarm has been reduced to a fraction of its former strength.

Just as he threw the mine, four claws dropped down from the ceiling over Castus's head- attempting to grab him and pull him. But the blast pushed him back against the wall and the claws close on the air, missing their target before retracting back instantly into a tunnel.

The remaining creatures in the swarm surround your ankles, a last ditch attempt to bring down one of you before being wiped out.

FullPlateJacket
2010-03-22, 05:19 PM
"Nice work, now to clean up these buggers!" Claus says in thanks to Castus, firing off what is hopefully a final shot into the swarm.

Attack roll:[roll0] vs. 95

Saldre
2010-03-22, 05:47 PM
Everybody:

Claus's perfect aim blasts away the remaining critters, clearing the room of the swarm.

Only the remnants of the blast still ringing in your ears fill the cave now, as tiny limbs and gory splatters twitch slightly and die off around you.

As the final gun shots illuminate the cave, you realize your not quite safe yet: from the other side of the cave, several large shadows cast onto the walls seem to move closer and faster, moments away from entering...

[OOC: You have a round to reload your weapons if you'd like, or do anything else, before these things enter the room... On a side note, I hope your keeping track of your Ammunition!]

crazedloon
2010-03-22, 07:06 PM
Castus

Castus adjusts his mechadendrite and focuses on the shadows searching for the sources as his hands move automatically switching out the old canister for a new one. He gives himself a good meter and a half from the wall to allow him a little reaction time to dodge the claws which have been appearing. His medicae mechadendrite attends to the lacerations across his leg and chest sewing skin and robes back together as they move quickly.


[roll0] vs 75/85 [roll1]

Saldre
2010-03-22, 10:26 PM
Juron:

You wake up with a painful headache. Your entire body is throbbing from the strain of your strenuous journey. Your arms hurt, and you're limbs feel stretched and exhausted.

It takes you but a single moment to realize why. As you attempt to move, you realize you have been chained: you find yourself hanging, yours arms straight up in the air, tied to metal chain and hook attached over your head. Iron manacles similarly keep your feet bound to handles dug into the ground.

Though there is a light-bulb glowing above you, the entire room is mostly plunged in darkness. On a nearby table placed in the circle of light, you recognize- neatly laid out in-front of you, the contents of your extruciator kit.

As your eyes adjust to the darkness, you spot several figures standing perfectly still around you- their eyes unflinching as they stare at you.

Soon, a figure steps into your line of sight.

Tall (despite his stooping) and powerfully built, he has thin, scraggly blond hair and a flat nose. His bulging eyes, seemingly hypnotic, inevitably remind you of Nihilius's.

"Welcome home"- He says, and smiles.

Talkkno
2010-03-22, 10:41 PM
"You think you are going to use that thing on me? Hah, Juron says as he spits in the face of his captor, knocking on the wall behind, trying to gauge its depth and material from the sound it makes.

Saldre
2010-03-22, 10:54 PM
Juron:

You attempt to throw yourself against the walls, only to find your chains too short: clearly your captors intended for you to remain as still as possible.

The man moves his hand to his face, wiping off the spittle.

"I was hoping you would something like that, Arbitrator Juron." He says, then walks to the small table and the kit.

"The old man wanted to handle this little session himself..." He continues, picking up a small scalpel.

"But his way isn't as enjoyable... its over too quickly... it lacks... refinement?" He muses as he places it back down and reaches for a thumbscrew.

"I already know almost everything I need to know about your little friends... I just need to fill in... a few more details... you see..." He continues, putting it back on the table. He then reaches for a small claw like object, you immediately recognize as an "Inquisition Tickler"- designed to rip flesh off various body-parts.

"Save yourself the trouble- In a day or two, were going to be great friends."

Talkkno
2010-03-22, 11:04 PM
"You know the Inquisition frowns on using physical torture? I'm sad that's going to be first thing your going to use against me, that just shows how unskilled you really are. Juron retorts back, as he attempts to force a measure of force around himself, focusing his mind to shatter his crude restraints.

Willpower test: Catch Projectiles[roll0]
Force bolt[roll1]


Damage: [roll2]

Saldre
2010-03-22, 11:16 PM
Juron:

"Arbitrator Juron... I am not the Inquisition..." He says with a snicker.

"Let's begin then, shall we? A few basics first: What brings you and your friends to my town? Once you answer that, you can tell me everything about them- how many of them there are, who's the leader of the group... who do you hate the most... who do you like the most... who carries the biggest gun... what are they equipped to handle? And anything You can think of that you think I should know..."

[roll0]

Talkkno
2010-03-22, 11:25 PM
"Its too late, the Angels of Death will mete out justice here, while I earn a seat by the Golden Throne." Juron spits back, as he attempts to focus his energies once more to shatter his chains.

Decive [roll0]

Willpower: [roll1]

Damage: [roll2]

Physic phemona [roll3]

Saldre
2010-03-22, 11:31 PM
Juron:

"I thought you you would last a bit more then that... I haven't even done anything yet..." He croaks. He reaches down for a specter-like stick...

"Its too late? That doesn't answer my questions... do you have anything to say, or is it just an empty threat?" He asks.

Lycan 01
2010-03-22, 11:31 PM
Ralix quickly ejects the clip from his bolt pistol, and slips it into his robe. He then pulls out a new clip and slaps it into the weapon, only to place the weapon back in his robes. He then draws his plasma pistol. "I think we need more firepower..." he quips, gripping the weapon with both hands and leveling it with the darkness where the attacks came from. A familiar electrical whine fills the air as the power coil charges up, and the red laser of the gun's sight scans the shadows for a target. "Ave Impirator..." he mutters, focusing his attention down the barrel of the gunsight. "Luceat lux vestra. Lux tua nos ducat. Lucem sequimur..."


Reloading, switching weapons...

Oh, and it means: "Hail the Emperor. Let your Light shine. Your Light guides us. We follow the Light..." Or close enough. :smalltongue:

Talkkno
2010-03-22, 11:35 PM
"The Emperor Protects, heretic. And he provides for them quite well! Juron says, shattering the chains that bind him

Willpower: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Saldre
2010-03-22, 11:46 PM
The chains break apart and the lamp above them shatters instantly, pushed by the strength of the mental-push.

As you stare into the darkness ahead of you, you see the Chief constable's eyes glowing in the darkness.

"Arbitrator Juron... It seems you're not as well versed... as I had believed you to be."

He swings the scepter-like object towards you. As it contacts your skin, you feel it burn as it lets loose a gush of boiling water...

Talkkno
2010-03-22, 11:51 PM
Juron dodges the foul spector, focusing his mental prowess in shattering the only light source in the room, wrapping himself in the darkness (Use Chamleon)

Willpower [roll0]

Damage: [roll1]

Saldre
2010-03-22, 11:55 PM
Juron:

The light having already been shattered, you send a pulse of energy into the ceiling- it holds firmly though, resisting damage.

Footsteps echo around the room as several people rush to grab you. The Chief Constable swings his weapon again.

Saldre
2010-03-23, 12:24 AM
Juron:

The room fades to (further) black as the Constable's swing strikes your stomach- you feel the scorching wound burn as you tumble on the ground...

... and fall out of the rotten hay-stack that moments ago served as you bed.

As you regain consciousness, and your eyes adjust to the darkness, you can tell your in a jail cell.

There is a large wound on your stomach, no doubt acquired at the bridge, but otherwise you seem physical fine: you have a splitting headache though.

You hear movement from behind the wall to your right.

"I'a k'nark Cthulhu! I'a! I'a! Restlessly he sleeps at his house at R'lyeh! I'a! I'a! Cthulhu fhtagn!" A frantic voice cries out.

Talkkno
2010-03-23, 12:33 AM
Juron knocks on the wall, and puts his ear to it, to try to gauge its depth.

Awareness +20 [roll0]

Bowerbird
2010-03-23, 02:46 AM
"Let them come!" Ravion growls, wiping the residue of swarm bug from his boots. He draws his weapons and assumes a ready stance, awaiting the oncoming horde.

FullPlateJacket
2010-03-23, 04:58 AM
"I guess it's time for the ol' standby..." Claus mutters while exchanging his Spectre for his Nomad. He aims the barrel at the other side of the room, preparing to fire a shot at the first thing that enters.

Saldre
2010-03-23, 01:29 PM
Everybody at the caves-

Moments after the swarm is dispersed, the creatures at the other end of the cave abandon all measures of stealth.

They stampede into the room, climbing on walls and ceilings as they charge towards you at incredible speed- leaping over the various holes and obstacles in their way.

Almost instantly, the first of the monstrous group lands In-front of you with a thud, cracking the ground beneath it.

The creatures towers over you: at a staggering two meters tall, it dwarfs the other specimens you have thus far encountered.

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii233/Saldre/TheGenestealer.png?t=1269368881

[OOC: A picture is worth a thousand words, and I think this one is particularly disturbing. The fact that there are at -least- two more of these things scuttling on the walls warrants a fear 2 test: these aren't the kids anymore, these are the adults... and they are clearly pissed off...

On a side note, people with guns who want to start shooting as the creatures run towards you- you can fire before you take your fear test, as you are only horrified when the creature arrives. Castus of course, is completely fearless.]

Juron:

You lean in and top on the walls, you estimate they are about a foot thick: though they are ancient, and masonry is now rotting.

Glancing around your cell, you see nothing in particular. Strewn on a iron-grating hanging a few feet of the floor, a stack of rotten hay has been laid out as a bed and consists of the only piece of "furniture" around.

You spot a window above it. Climbing up, you can see a back alley behind the jail.

"I can hear them... hear them in the walls. Rats... rats in the walls... I hear them... so very tasty..."

[OOC: Perception test to hear something over the ramblings of the madman in the next cell...]

Talkkno
2010-03-23, 02:20 PM
Juron attempts to pear down the back alley, see if its lit, as he hears the man's moaning.
Awareness +20 [roll0]

Lycan 01
2010-03-23, 02:24 PM
"OH FRAKK!!" Ralix howls as he drops to his knees, looks down the length of his plasma pistol held in both hands, and fires a blast at the face of the creature leaping through the air at them.


Zap-zap: [roll0] vs BS 50 + 10 laser sight + 10 aiming + 10 Short Range - 20 Called shot = 60

crazedloon
2010-03-23, 02:36 PM
Castus

Castus draws his boltgun in a flash aims at the closest of the creatures as it sprints across the ground.

By the Omnissiah's will be purged.

Than the bolter burst to life as it fires explosive bolts into the creature.


[roll0] vs 40+ 20 full auto + 30 point blank + size?
[roll1]
tearing
[roll2]

[roll3]
tearing
[roll4]

[roll5]
tearing
[roll6]

[roll7]
tearing
[roll8]

FullPlateJacket
2010-03-23, 04:21 PM
As the creatures rush into the room, Claus fires an armor-piercing shot at a beast's face.

Attack roll:[roll0] vs. 95, called shot to the head
Damage roll: [roll1] pen 6

Saldre
2010-03-23, 04:45 PM
Juron:

The alley is pitch black, but it seems quiet enough- you can discern the vague outline of various wooden crates and boxes. No doubt containing trash, left to accumulate behind the station

"I feel the call inside me... it draws me to the dark ocean... I dream of Dagon... and of Hydra... I'a! I'a! Cthulhu fhtagn!"


Everybody Else:

Ralix's plasma blast strikes one of the creatures limbs as they charge, searing some of its skin away.

Though his hit is no doubt due to luck, as even Claus has trouble hitting them, his bullet passing less then an inch from the creature's gruesome face...

Before theirs fingers are off the trigger, the creatures fall upon the group fully intent on ripping them to shreds... two of them paying special attention to the Adept who successfully landed a hit...

Talkkno
2010-03-23, 06:02 PM
Juron ignores the rambelings of the mad man, as he takes a lock pick hidden from his nether regions, and begins to try to open the lock to his jail cell.

Security: [roll0]

Saldre
2010-03-23, 06:18 PM
Juron:

You fiddle with the cell door trying to get it open, but unfortunately it seems steadier then you might have thought. Your almost there though, that's for sure.

Besides you, the mad man carries on.

"Out... out... deep in the abyss... beyond the Caves of the Great Conspirator it lies... lair of those who hunger!"

[OOC: Attempt another Perception Test to hear something...]

Bowerbird
2010-03-23, 06:22 PM
"Behold! The judgement of the righteous!!" Ravion yells, even as he sidesteps the attack coming his way, while simultaneously driving forward with his witchlance, his serpentine swinging in a wide arc to keep his balance, before stabbing into into xeno flesh again and again wth the lance!

Does this count as cramped quarters?
DODGE! [roll0] vs 70
Attack1
WS: [roll1] vs 50
Damage: [roll2]
Attack2
WS: [roll3] vs 50
Damage: [roll4]
Attack3
WS: [roll5] vs 50
Damage: [roll6]
Blademaster
WS: [roll7] vs 50

Second dodge, in case the first fails: [roll8] vs 70

Talkkno
2010-03-23, 06:30 PM
Juron attempts to fiddle with the lock once more.

Security [roll0]

Saldre
2010-03-23, 06:52 PM
Juron:

You hear them clearly now: footsteps coming towards you. You probably have enough time to try the lock one more time...

At the Caves-

Ravion:

Your mortal combat with the Genestealer continues. You slash at it three times, but it is able to avoid most of your hit: only your final one cutting trough its thick carapace and drawing blood.

It retaliates with three slashes of its own, but only one connects across your leg.

Then, it jumps back as to give itself an advantage and avoid your unrelenting strikes.

Bowerbird
2010-03-23, 06:53 PM
"By His will, DIE!!" Ravion shouts, dodging the beast's first attack, it's second, before taking a third right to one of his injured legs, "Argh! Why is it always the legs! You'll pay for THAT!!" Ravion leaps forward at the retreating monster, piercing it's flesh with his witch-lance! "If I must die, let it be such a death! I shall take you WITH ME!!"

Dear sir, I do believe I am now severely damaged.. 12 damage pen 7, so ignore my armour... 9 damage.. I have 9 wounds.. zero! wooo!

Talkkno
2010-03-23, 06:55 PM
Juron stops fiddling with the lock and back to his makeshift bed awaiting who ever is coming, as he gathers his senses into the sea of souls.....

Physicnense: [roll0]

FullPlateJacket
2010-03-23, 07:59 PM
"These guys are fast. We'd better focus our fire." Claus fires two shots at the Genestealer engaging Ravion.

Two single shots. Shot 1: [roll0] vs. 85
Shot 2: [roll1] vs. 85

Both called shots to the head.

crazedloon
2010-03-23, 08:41 PM
Castus

Castus lets his bolter fall to his waste the gun jammed and useless. His mechadendrite brings his axe to his hand and he moves and swings at the creature attacking Ralix.


[roll0] vs 20+10 best + 20 all out + size?

Saldre
2010-03-23, 08:52 PM
Juron:

You can sense... something peculiar... walking towards the cell. And a very faint aura coming in from the cell besides you...

Ravion:

You charge after the creature as it lands back a few meters away from you, right at the edge of a hole and drive your witch-lance into its chest... With no place left to run, it tries to dodge but loses its footing on the edge... As the spear pierces trough and trough, it reaches out and attempts to bring you tumbling down with it...

But a well aimed bulled from behind puts it out of commission, and staggers backwards before falling into the hole into the endless depths of the cave.

Talkkno
2010-03-23, 08:56 PM
Juron waits for whoever is coming.

Saldre
2010-03-23, 09:06 PM
Juron:

A few minutes later, heavy footsteps reach the front of your cell. Looking up, you can make out the hulking frame of someone you quickly recognize... The giant from the chase.

He looks over you for a second and grunts.

"Enjoying your stay, outsider?"

Talkkno
2010-03-23, 09:12 PM
"You could say that...Mind turning on the lights. Juron replies.

Lycan 01
2010-03-23, 09:47 PM
"AAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!" Ralix screams in terror as several creatures attack him from all sides. He jerks to the side, avoiding one set of claws swinging down at him. He then ducks beneath another set of scything talons, crouching down to avoid having his head ripped off. But before he can react, one of the Genestealers delivers a stunning upper-cut, its claws digging into the center of his chest and forces him back to a standing position.

"GRAK!!" he grasps, the air knocked from his lungs as the Guard armor beneath his robes barely stops the claws from puncturing his flesh. Staggering backwards, eyes wide in shock and terror, his hands become a flurry of motion as he quickly stashes his steaming plasma pistol back in its holster before ripping his bolt pistol from within his robes. Not even bothering to properly aim, he opens fire point blank on the nearest abomination.



I LIIIIVE!! :smallbiggrin:

Burst Fire: [roll0] vs BS 50 + 10 sight + 10 best + 10 Semi-Auto + 30 Point Blank?

Damage 1: [roll1]

Damage 2: [roll2]

Saldre
2010-03-23, 09:58 PM
Juron:

He bursts laughing.

"Is that you're final request?" He says, wiping a tear off from his eye.

"I am gonna go upstairs for a few minutes... get something... when I come back, we'll have a little talk..." He says as he turns around and walks away.

"After were done:the lights won't bother you no more..." He laughs as he walks away.

"You'll have other things to worry about..."

Bowerbird
2010-03-23, 11:12 PM
Ravion wrenches his spear from the creature's body as it falls into the depths below. Turning at the sound of Ralix's bolter fire he quickly assesses the situation, and leaps at the monster attacking him, spear at the ready.

Charge!
WS: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] Pen 6

Talkkno
2010-03-23, 11:35 PM
Juron attempts to open the lock once again with his lockpick.
Security: [roll0]

Saldre
2010-03-23, 11:40 PM
Juron:

You push the door to your cell open, it creaks slightly.

"I remember... Henry... Henry, they call me... my father called me Henry... my real father... Nooooooo... not him... no... I'a Dagon... I'a... I'a... ftaghn... ftaghn!" The madman carries on.

You step out of your cell, only to find yourself in a long hallway. To your right, a dead end- and three other cells. To your left, a corner and a door facing it.

Talkkno
2010-03-23, 11:51 PM
Juron draws the shadows near him, as he moves silently towards the door.


(Using chamleon power)
Move silently [roll0]

Saldre
2010-03-24, 12:09 AM
Juron:

You make it to the door without any further incident.

"I will not do as you ask. Never. I will not consort with the abominations!"

Luckily, it seems the rambling madman has drowned out your attempts to move silently.

Talkkno
2010-03-24, 12:18 AM
Juron hides himself to the edge of the door, peeking his head out to take a glismpe of what lies beyond the door.

Concealment +30 from Cheamoleon: [roll0]

Saldre
2010-03-24, 12:20 AM
Juron:

You attempt to open the door only to find that it is locked. Behind you, a set of stairs lead to the second floor.

You fiddle with the lock and get it open.

You find yourself standing peering into an office- the front office to be precise. A desk sits at the center of the room, several couches are placed against the walls. To your right, a Bulletin board is hanging on the wall. Ahead of you is another door.

Talkkno
2010-03-24, 12:32 AM
Juron gently closes the door behind him, as he walks to the door on the otherside and opens it.

Security if locked.: [roll0]

Saldre
2010-03-24, 12:39 AM
Juron:

You step outside onto a seemingly deserted street. But you have never been there before, so you don't quite know where you are.

Facing you, yet another abandoned church. Unlike the others, this one is barn-like and decaying.

To your left, the street extends north. To your right, you can spot several signs atop houses, shops perhaps? You can't make them out, its rather dark.

Talkkno
2010-03-24, 12:56 AM
Juron heads to the direction of the signs.

FullPlateJacket
2010-03-24, 04:51 AM
Claus sidesteps the genestealer's first attack. As it rears back for a second strike, Claus sees Castus take a bad hit, and jumps in the way to prevent the other Genestealer from dealing a finishing blow, dropping his Nomad in the process.
"I said I'd protect you... a little late though, forgive me. Now I certainly prefer to fight at range, but a situation like this calls for the Prince of Pistols!" He draws his trusty Hecutor pistol from its holster and lets loose a salvo of armor-piercing rounds at the foul xeno.

Dodge roll in the OOC thread.
Firing the Hecutor on full auto: [roll0] vs. 115 (lol, bonuses)
Up to five hits, so I'll roll damage five times...
1:[roll1] pen 5
2:[roll2] pen 5
3:[roll3] pen 5
4:[roll4] pen 5
5:[roll5] pen 5
Extra d10's for Righteous Fury if need be: [roll6][roll7]
I'm doing all this stuff so that I don't need to triple-post in the OOC thread...
EDIT: What horrible damage rolls. It's still four hits though.

crazedloon
2010-03-24, 04:58 AM
Castus

Castus nearly has his head ripped clean off but a blessing of the Omnissiah causes his ballistics mechadendrite to swing down uncontroled in the way of the creatures strike. However Castus is nearly swung clean around by the force and only be the last second intervention of the assassin saves the off balanced tech priest. Castus plants his foot and peers at the claw marks now engraved into his mechadendrite.

The Omissiah protects his priest! His priest protect those who give their body for the Omnissiah's will!

Castus swings his axe with the might of his manipulator in a great arc.


[roll0] vs 20 + 10 best + 20 all out + size - 10 fatigue
[roll1]

Lycan 01
2010-03-24, 02:43 PM
Ralix can't even come up with a witty comment or anything, he's so stunned by the events going on around him. He chest burning, his breath ragged, he moves like a machine. Levelling his bolt pistol with the creature that attacked Castus, he grits his teeth and pulls the trigger twice. "In His name, die!" he rasps over the weapon's roar.


Burst Fire: [roll0] vs BS 50 + 10 sight + 10 best + 10 Semi-auto + ?? range

Damage 1: [roll1]

Damage 2: [roll2]

crazedloon
2010-03-24, 06:32 PM
Castus

Castus moves between Claus and the last creature and heaves his axe in a high arch putting his full strength into the weapon.


[roll0] vs 20 + 10 best + 20 outnumbered 3 to 1 + 20 all out attack - 10 fatuigue + size
[roll1]

Saldre
2010-03-24, 08:22 PM
Everybody in the Caves:

Ravion charges one of the remaining genestealer and drives his witch-lance into it's back. Held down by the Assassin, it is unable to dodge the volley of bullets and plasma bolts... and is quickly felled by Castus's axe, collapsing in a blood heap on the ground.

The final Genestealer slashes at Claus all while sidestepping Castus's swing with ease...

Juron:

Three buildings catch your interest here. The first: a doctor's office- the name on the rest of the sign is ruined though. The second: a bank: Biltem's First Bank. It is an old brick building, perhaps one of the oldest buildings around.

Finally, nestled in between the two, a third building overshadows them. Its style, completely different from all of the other houses, is a mix of various architectures. Made up of two wings and a large and imposing middle structure, Biltem's town hall is perhaps the strangest structure you have seen thus far.

From here, at the end of the street to your right, you spot the outline of the covered up statue that sits at the center of the old town square (In-front of The Order's building). To your left, you suspect the road will lead down to the Harbor. If you keep on going forward, you will undoubtedly cross the river to the Merchant district.

Bowerbird
2010-03-24, 09:21 PM
"For The Emperor!" Ravion shouts, as he rushes at the final genestealer, plunging his spear towards it's flesh.

Lycan 01
2010-03-24, 10:37 PM
"Flank it! Trap it! Destroy it!" Ralix snarls as he dives to the side so that Ravion isn't in his line of fire, firing his bolt pistol at the last Genestealer as he flies through the air.


Burst Fire: [roll0] vs BS 50 + 10 aiming + 10 laser + 10 best + 10 semi-auto + ?? range

Damage 1: [roll1]

Damage 2: [roll2]

FullPlateJacket
2010-03-24, 10:45 PM
Claus sidesteps the beast's attacks. "Die, foul xeno!" Claus yells, firing two more shots at the Genestealer's head.
Shot 1: [roll0] vs. 95 for [roll1] pen 5
Shot 2:[roll2] vs. 95 for [roll3] pen 5

Called shots to the head as always...

crazedloon
2010-03-24, 11:13 PM
Castus

Castus allows his manipulator to once again wield his axe away from his body as he draw his bolter to his hands. He carefully intones the prayer of appeasement and the clip and rounds come loose and Castus carefully catches them all. He detaches the magazine and begins to reload it careful not to place the dud within.

We must continue before more creatures come from the depths.

He than looks at the wounds across his comrades.

Allow me to assist you Ralix.

he pulls out his medical kit and begins to patch up his comrade.


[roll0] vs 48 + 10 mechadendrite + 20 = 78

[roll1] vs 75/85

Lycan 01
2010-03-24, 11:17 PM
"Alright..." Ralix grumbles as he sits up and begins to unstrap his flak vest. "Once this is done, I'll take a look at you..."


Medicae +10: [roll0] vs Int 50 + 30

FullPlateJacket
2010-03-24, 11:46 PM
Claus picks up his Nomad and begins reloading his weapons. "I've taken a pretty bad hit to my side, but I can keep going for now, as long as I don't take another hit like that... any treatment you could give would be appreciated, though."

crazedloon
2010-03-25, 12:11 AM
Castus

See to him Ralix.

Castus turns to look around the room more.

If we are to rest a moment longer I will require a minute.

Saldre
2010-03-25, 12:14 AM
Everybody in the caves-

The room is quiet for a few moments only... before the sounds of footsteps disturbs the peace. They seem to be coming from the next room, and getting further away...

Bowerbird
2010-03-25, 12:18 AM
Ravion wrenches his spear from the fallen genestealer, it's final cries of pain music to his ears before he plunges the power-stake into it's head. He gives it a vicious kick down into one of the holes, "Throne-damned things got me in the leg again, reopened my earlier wound.. any assistance would be greatly appreciated.." You notice that now that combat has ended he leans on his powered-down spear for support, and appears to be more gravely injured than his tone seems to indicate, "How many more of those do you think they'd have?"
At the sound of footsteps he stands straighter. Hefting and activating his spear he races in that direction in an attempt to catch whoever that is.

Lycan 01
2010-03-25, 12:19 AM
Ralix staggers to his feet, and makes his way over towards Claus. He coughs as he goes, ignoring the faint taste of blood in his mouth. He then begins to treat the assassin's injuries. Hearing the footsteps, he points into the darkness and growls: "Ravion, you're the only one mobile! See what it is before it escapes!"


Medicae: [roll0] vs 90

crazedloon
2010-03-25, 12:23 AM
Castus

Follow when you can.

Castus moves quickly to join Ravion sensors to thier limit as he moves. He hefts his lasgun when the last bolt is placed within the clip and placed back in the bolter.


[roll0] vs 75/85 [roll1]

[roll2] vs 78 auspex
[roll3] vs 65 [roll4]

Saldre
2010-03-25, 12:31 AM
Ravion:

You run after the figure into the next room... only to find yourself standing before yet another set of stairs spiraling even further downwards... but a strange blue light is shining below...

There is no sign of the stranger.

Saldre
2010-03-25, 12:39 AM
Ralix:

As the only one left in the room... you hear the same sounds that heralded the coming of the aliens earlier...

Castus:

As you approach the stair-case, your auspex seems to detect nothing in particular.

Though it seems blurry and filled with static, you recognize the interference and the glow beneath... for they are similar to the ones generated by your own crystal.

Bowerbird
2010-03-25, 12:39 AM
Ravion sighs, and seems to slump slightly, he checks his auspex before limping back to the others, "Whoever it was went down another set of those stairs, I'm not willing to follow in this condition, there was this wierd blue glow coming from down there. Ralix, is there anything you can do for this?" he says, indicating the large weeping gash running most of the way down his leg, "It may become problematic if not given a bit of treatment.. One second," he limps over tot he bottom of the stairs they came down, picking up his grapnel gun, "Ok, decision time, we go further down, or back up."

Tech Use: [roll0]
Awareness: [roll1]

crazedloon
2010-03-25, 12:44 AM
Castus

The glow is caused by the crystals and whatever is controlling them.

Castus stares at his own crystal still hung from the flak vest under his arm.

I will follow it as far as I can. If I do not report in an hour presume me dead.

Castus than begins down the stairs.


[roll0] vs 75/85 [roll1]

Saldre
2010-03-25, 12:44 AM
Ravion:

Now that your back in the holey room... it becomes very hard for you to miss the sounds of scratching... a sound very similar to the one you had heard before the creatures attacked... coming from above....

Talkkno
2010-03-25, 12:51 AM
Juron heads left, hoping to reach the merchent distract.

Lycan 01
2010-03-25, 12:59 AM
Ralix moves to help Juron, but pales when he hears the scratching noises. "Fraaaaak..." he groans, hurrying to bandage the Untouchables' leg. "Somebody tell Castus we've got trouble..."




Medicae: [roll0] vs 90

Saldre
2010-03-25, 01:16 AM
Castus:

The trek is long and tedious, but as you go down the light seems to get brighter.... You can feel the atmosphere around you slowly shifting...

[OOC: You gain [roll0] Corruption from exposure to the light as you descend.. It will you another post to reach the bottom... If you keep on going, the others will not be able to catch up to you before you get down.]

Juron:

You reach merchant square. It seems, strangely enough, abandoned. The massive five story building you had seen earlier that day still towering over the square, as if guarding it.

You can hear footsteps in the distance... To the south, the southern residential district awaits. Your not quite sure what you'll find to the east.

You suspect sneaking around is now in order, as you advance into the inhabited parts of the city...

Bowerbird
2010-03-25, 01:19 AM
Ravion quickly grabs his grapnel and hits the collect button, "OK, we're out of time! Down it is then!" He runs back to the room with the stairs leading down, and skids into the stairway after Castus, attempting to keep his balance while sliding down the stairs.

Talkkno
2010-03-25, 02:06 AM
Juron heads to the abandoned church and hides there, moving as silently as possible.


Move silently: [roll0]

Conceanment(+30 from cheamoleon) [roll1]

crazedloon
2010-03-25, 07:33 AM
Castus

Castus continues down the stairs his eyes and senses searching for the footsteps or any sign of more of the crystals.


[roll0] vs 75/85 [roll1]

FullPlateJacket
2010-03-25, 05:47 PM
After being treated by Ralix, Claus begins to go down the stairs.

Saldre
2010-03-25, 06:51 PM
Everybody in the caves:

In a futile attempt to escape the scratching behind you, you go down the stairs behind Castus. Running rather fast, you catch up to him as he descends the stairs and are exposed to the same blue light, which gets stronger and stronger as you descend.

[OOC: You gain [roll0] Corruption (expect Ravion...)]

As you near your unknown destination, the scratching sounds behind you lessen. Those of who can see in the dark notice something disturbing: long gashes are etched into the softer portions of the walls- fingernail scratches left behind by victims long lost to the depths.

Soon, you see it: an opening, the source of the light.

Juron:

You enter the church- though the massive wooden doors are closed, you are able to open them with ease and slip inside unnoticed.

However, this church is unlike any of the others you have thus far encountered: it seems to be in a state of complete disarray, not just ruin. The pews have been piled at front of the door, a make-shift barricade designed to funnel advancing invaders.

Lycan 01
2010-03-25, 07:12 PM
Ralix shudders as he follows along, partly from the scratches on the walls, and partly from the feeling of wrongness he feels around him. "This place... Its corrupt..." he whispers hoarsely, lungs still sore. "Steel yourselves, my brothers. I fear we have bitten off a bit more than we can all chew... If we die are to die, die with honor and glory. I have enjoyed having the honor of serving along-" he coughs, "-side you all. Except Juron. May the Warp take him..." he smirks sarcastically.

Talkkno
2010-03-25, 07:25 PM
Juron closes the door behind him, as he climbs the pews deeper into the church.

Climb Check: [roll0]

Move silent: [roll1]

Saldre
2010-03-25, 07:29 PM
Juron:

You place your foot on a loosely hanging pew, unable to hold your weight it comes tumbling down along with part of the barricade...

The thunderous crash echoes around the church... but there seems to be no response: the racket soon quiets down and it seems no one has come by to check up on its source.

[OOC: You take [roll0] Damage as you tumble down.]

Talkkno
2010-03-25, 07:34 PM
Juron shrugs off the minor pains and aches, as he walks the around the pews.

Saldre
2010-03-25, 07:58 PM
Juron:

You reach the other end of the church after going around the pews.

There, you find a pitch-black stage upon which you can make out the very faint outline of a lone alter. Behind it, a darkened (and rather large) symbol of the Aquilla is hanging from the ceiling, covering a gloomy stained-glass window...

Talkkno
2010-03-25, 08:13 PM
Juron attempts to gauge threw the darkness, trying to find stairs.

Search: [roll0]

Saldre
2010-03-25, 08:30 PM
Juron:

You see no stairs (At least not the type YOU were expecting), but you notice the stage itself doesn't take up the entire back of the church. Seeing as it stands a few feet above the ground, a three-step tiny staircase leads up to it to your left.

While at the right, nestled in between the stage and the wall of the church there is an empty space, approximately a meter squared in size.

crazedloon
2010-03-25, 08:35 PM
Castus

Castus moves swiftly through the opening at the front of the group still looking for the source of the light.


[roll0] vs 75/85 [roll1]

Talkkno
2010-03-25, 08:47 PM
Juron moves to the tiny left staircase, kneeling at the sign of the Aqullia, muttering.
"The Emperor is our guiding light, A beacon of hope for humanity in a galaxy of darkness. As I serve him, He is our greatest servant. As I pray to Him, His thoughts are only for us. And in the dark when the shadows threaten, The Emperor is with us, in spirit and in fact.
He takes a good look at the symbol of the Imperium, one eagle looking to the past and other to the future...interposes together to form the present, Juron nods silently, as he mutters again.

"With all my strength, With all my will, With every fibre of my soul, I pledge my soul and Faith, to the Immortal Emperor, Shepard of Humanity." Juron puts a hand on his heart as professes his faith

Saldre
2010-03-25, 11:22 PM
Castus & Anybody else who goes down:

You descend the final steps... and go trough the opening and towards the source of the light...

You find yourself in a tight corridor, lined with shining blue crystals.... and lined with a pinkish, meaty surface...

Hundreds of feet below the surface, you have come across the labyrinthine lair of the Genestealers... Small monstrous creatures of various shapes, clearly alien in origins scuttle about the walls, pecking or scratching them, as if looking for something...

Thanks to the ominous light of the crystals encrusted in the walls, you are able to see the unnatural growth wrapped around the stalactites and stalagmites that line the corridor...

But it also allows you to peer across the window-like holes strewn across the ceiling... and the horror beyond.

It seems to extend endlessly: towering masses of cavernous flesh, littered with emergence holes nestled in between the vast, open expenses of underground caves...

You realize, with great horror, how advanced the infestation really was... and surely don't want to imagine what you will find once you cross this corridor...

[OOC: I can't possibly imagine how horrible you guys must be feeling now, Fear 2Test as you realize how deep your in! (I should just start calling the Ingame fear Tests insanity Tests :P)]

Juron:

As you step closer and take a good, long look at the symbol... You notice a strange shape hanging over it in the shadows... As you narrow your eyes, and focus your vision past the shadows... you come to realize what ti is: the crucified remains of a man- gutted alive, his rotten intestines still hang from a gash in his stomach. His mutilated face is frozen in a horrifying expression: his eyes, tongue and ears having been ripped out, leaving behind wide, gaping holes...

[OOC: The sight is surprising, so... FEAR TEST! (But your resistance to insanity applies...]

Talkkno
2010-03-25, 11:32 PM
Juron searches the corpse, the knowedge of the Lex Imperlis bugging him somewhere...

Search [roll0]

Saldre
2010-03-25, 11:37 PM
Juron:

Though you find no object on the corpse, you do notice something peculiar: The body is grotesque, and completely mutilated. Etched into its skin, symbols of absolution and atonement cover both stab wounds and other injuries.

Though all ten of his fingers and toes are accounted for, wounds on his feet and hand suggest that he might have had more to begin with... and that they have been ripped out.

Cults Info-

The manner in which the corpse is spread out, and the ritualistic nature of both its wounds and its scarring suggests a sacrifice- perhaps an attempt to atone for sins?

The fact that the victim was deformed, undoubtedly a mutant (or possessing some other birth defect), further compliments the theory. A more radical priest might have easily, in a frenzy, purged a mutant, in an attempt to appease the God Emperor and earn his forgiveness.

Bowerbird
2010-03-25, 11:52 PM
Ravion gazes up into the alien horror above, "Oh dear... that'll take a while to kill..."

Willpower: [roll0]

Talkkno
2010-03-25, 11:54 PM
"May your soul rest by the Golden Throne... Juron mutters, as he puts the corpse back where it was originally was.

Lycan 01
2010-03-26, 12:03 AM
Ralix follows after the rest of the team. He staggers into the chamber, looks around, and makes the sign of the Aquila as his jaw falls slack. "Oh Emperor..." he murmers, a shudder running through his body, "If this not be a dream, then let it be the start of a legend..."



Awareness +20: [roll0] vs Per 40 - 10

Talkkno
2010-03-26, 12:06 AM
Juron begins to search threw the chapal for anything else of interest, taking a quick peek out the window while doing so.

Search [roll0]

Bowerbird
2010-03-26, 12:09 AM
"Castus... You wouldn't happen to have more of those mines on you would you? Like a lot more?" Ravion says, still gazing up into the, for lack of a better word, nest..

crazedloon
2010-03-26, 12:11 AM
Castus

Castus begins to examine the crystals lining the walls. He attempts to remove a crystal from the chambers fleshy surface.


[roll0] vs 75/85 [roll1]

I assume I need this
[roll2] vs 48 + 10 -10 = 48

Saldre
2010-03-26, 12:11 AM
Juron:

As you look around, attempting to find a place to rest- you come across a loose board to the right of the stage, in the empty space nestled between it and the wall...

Saldre
2010-03-26, 12:16 AM
Castus:

The crystal seems rather stuck: the fleshy substance on the cavern walls has grown around it and is holding on rather tight, refusing to let go.

crazedloon
2010-03-26, 12:23 AM
Castus

I have but one more mine. This is not a suitable task for it however.

Castus begins to move down the corridor once more following the crystals to their source.


[roll0] vs 75/85 [roll1]

Talkkno
2010-03-26, 12:27 AM
Juron takes a closer look at the loose floorboard.

Awareness +20 [roll0]

Saldre
2010-03-26, 12:28 AM
Castus:

As the head of the group, you spot something large moving in between two stalactites- Just as quickly as it appears, the figure vanishes behind some rocks...

Saldre
2010-03-26, 12:29 AM
Juron:

It seems to be a concealed trap door...

crazedloon
2010-03-26, 12:35 AM
Castus

Castus stows his lasgun in favor of the heavier boltgun and continues down the passage looking out for the creature.


[roll0] vs 75/85 [roll1]

Talkkno
2010-03-26, 12:42 AM
Juron opens it and peers downward.

Saldre
2010-03-26, 12:44 AM
Juron:

A wooden ladder leads down into the dark.

Lycan 01
2010-03-26, 12:48 AM
"Castus?" Ralix whispers, slinking after the Tech-Priest. "Cogboy, don't you know we need to stick together?" he mutters, shakily drawing his bolt pistol, which still has half a clip left in it.

Talkkno
2010-03-26, 12:54 AM
Juron climbs down the ladder...

Awareness +20 [roll0]

Saldre
2010-03-26, 12:57 AM
The Group down-under:

You exit the corridor only to find that the cave opens up into a massive chamber, illuminated by the crystals.

At its center, a large pyramid-like fleshy mound, covered with holes takes up the vast majority of the room: it seems to rise up and down in rhythm... as if breathing. Pools of putrid liquid fester around it, leaking out of the various holes strewn across its surface.

You can spot the entrance to two more tunnels: One to your right, and one further up ahead, behind the "Structure".

As you advance, you begin to hear muffled voices... coming from you right...

crazedloon
2010-03-26, 01:01 AM
Castus

Castus stops and puts his hand up to indicate to the others to do the same. He than strains to hear what is said as he scans the room for all the info he can gather.


[roll0] vs 75/85 [roll1]

Saldre
2010-03-26, 01:05 AM
Castus:

You can't quite make out what the voices are saying... or they don't seem to be saying anything at all.

On the other hand, your auspex is only barely working... it detects hundreds of life forms all around you... but in peculiar catches your attention: much larger then the others, its moving much faster as well... hiding itself in cracks in the ceiling and the walls.

Bowerbird
2010-03-26, 01:08 AM
Ravion stops as ordered, and activates his stealth suit, trying to hear what the voices are saying.

Concealment: [roll0]
Silent Move: [roll1]
Awareness: [roll2]

Lycan 01
2010-03-26, 01:13 AM
Ralix pauses, and listens to the darkness around him for any words that can be discerned.



Awareness +20: [roll0] vs Per 40 - 10

crazedloon
2010-03-26, 01:19 AM
Castus

Castus begins to move towards the voices trying to make out actual voices or language while tracking the location of the larger creature with his auspex and his other senses.


[roll0] vs 75/85 [roll1]

[roll2] vs 78
[roll3] vs 65 [roll4]

Saldre
2010-03-26, 01:31 AM
Castus:

As you move towards the exit to your right, you notice two more readings on your auspex... they seem to be above you.... somewhere... and following....

Looking into the corridor reveals its been maintained and reworked: a proper tunnel, you can spot what seem to be three doors lining the sides of its walls...

The sounds, now louder, are coming from within... and you realize it is the sound of a multitude of voices screaming...

Ravion, Claus and Ralix

Save for the muffled voices... and what sounds like a rhythmic beating coming from the mound... you hear nothing.

Juron:

The ladder leads you down into a long corridor. Strangely enough, several lit torches cast out flickering light on the passageway...

On the walls, there signs and symbols everywhere, drawn in blood.

The passageway goes further down, before turning right around a corner.

[OOC: Imperium Common lore or Forbidden Lore Occult to tell what the symbols are...]

crazedloon
2010-03-26, 01:36 AM
Castus

Castus moves to the center door. He keeps his senses ready as he moves ready to react to the inevitable attack. He checks the door for any locks and begins to attempt to open it.


vs 75/85 [roll1]

[roll=awareness]tech use vs 78
[roll2] vs 65 [roll3]

[roll4] vs 50

Talkkno
2010-03-26, 01:38 AM
"Emperor protect your servent in his hour of peril... Juron mutters, as he takes one of the lit torches in his left hand and contunies down the passageway.

Saldre
2010-03-26, 01:40 AM
Castus & everybody with him

The door, and the others for that matter, are kept tightly locked with the help of a padlock... but there is a small sliding panel on each of the doors....

[OOC: There are three rooms... 1, 2 & 3. Tell me which one your looking at.]

Lycan 01
2010-03-26, 01:40 AM
Ralix sneaks after Castus, trying to catch up with the Tech-Priest and keep him in sight. As he creeps along, his free left hand traces the pattern of the Aquila against his leg, as a sign of good luck.


Awareness +20: [roll0] vs Per 40 - 10

Lucky: [roll1] vs 7


He is suddenly surpised to find a trio of doors, and he slowly looks from side to side, wondering who should check them.

Talkkno
2010-03-26, 01:41 AM
"Emperor protect your servent in his hour of peril... Juron mutters, as he takes one of the lit torches in his left hand and continues down the passageway.

Saldre
2010-03-26, 01:46 AM
Juron:

You turn around the corner and stand before half-broken wooden door. You can spot lights flickering inside. Opening it, you enter the room ahead.

It is a small, study like chapel. A desk takes up the majority of it, along with a pew set behind it to serve as a chair.

A multitude of papers cover the desk and the walls around you, along with various pictures of people you don't quite recognize: but they all share the same distinctive feature, the Biltem taint. On the desk, besides the lit candles that light up the room, a open book is placed.

A large safe is built into the nearby wall.

And lastly, another door similar to the one you used to enter is on the other side of the room.

crazedloon
2010-03-26, 01:49 AM
Castus

When his security pick do not work Castus slides the doors window open.

Lycan 01
2010-03-26, 02:04 AM
Mentally reciting various litanies of luck and fortune, the Adept approaches the door on the right. "I got a bad feeling about this..." Ralix mutters, leaning in to examine it.



Awareness +20: [roll0] vs Per 40 - 10

Lucky: [roll1] vs 7

crazedloon
2010-03-26, 02:08 AM
Castus

Castus looks at the adept and his eyes nearly roll as he speaks.

That would be because there are three creatures on the ceiling watching us. I would suggest staying calm and continuing as if you do not know they are there. I shall warn you when they attack.

his voice barely comes out more than a whisper.

Lycan 01
2010-03-26, 02:10 AM
"Oh, that's nice..." Ralix mutters as he lightly shrugs casually, feeling his stomach knot up at the thought of three Genestealers lurking right over him. "See you at the Throne, then..." he sighs softly, reaching to check the right door's window.

Saldre
2010-03-26, 02:12 AM
Castus-

Opening the panel reveals a most disturbing sight. For most people. You on the other hand, don't seem effected: chained on the walls inside the room, various people are squirming like devils, screaming in agony.

These wretches are far from normal: various mutations have left their marks all over their bodies. From their Overgrown eyes, to scaly frames or grotesque faces... These people partially resemble the Biltem folk... but no quite...

Ralix:

Opening your panel reveals something just as disturbing... various people are slumped in corners around the rooms here... weeping and crying loudly. They don't see to notice you have opened the door at all. Though some are deformed, others have clearly gone quite made: screaming loudly at the walls all while slamming their heads and fists into them.

One thing is clear: mistreated, they are suffering greatly.

Bowerbird
2010-03-26, 02:15 AM
Ravion puts the tip of his Serpentine in the padlock of the final door and switches it on.

Lycan 01
2010-03-26, 02:15 AM
Ralix steps back from the door, shuddering at the sight. "Poor devils. Looks like we found Biltem's rejects..." he mutters, hoping his head isn't about to get twisted off or something.

crazedloon
2010-03-26, 02:16 AM
Castus

Do not release them Adept. We have plenty of trouble as is.

Castus whispers this as he moves to the other window and opens it. his senses all the while looking for the creatures


[roll0] vs 75/85 [roll1]

[roll2] vs 78
[roll3] vs 65 [roll4]

Saldre
2010-03-26, 02:24 AM
Ravion & You guys!:

The moment Ravion breaks the lock... A brute rams trough the door and into Ravion: pouncing on him- swinging both his clawed hands and a third arm extending from his back...

Another rushes out of the room, making its way towards Claus and Ralix...

Driven mad by the Hive-mind, these creatures are now more animal then man, despite having resisted the infection much longer then the others... and now that they are free, they hunger...

Bowerbird
2010-03-26, 02:32 AM
"Throne-dammit! Sorry about that!" Ravion draws his lance and swings at the beasts.

Agility test to react faster: [roll0] vs 50
Triple Attack:
WS1: [roll1] vs 50
Damage: [roll2]
WS2: [roll3] vs 50
Damage: [roll4]
WS3: [roll5] vs 50
Damage: [roll6]
Blademaster: [roll7] vs 50

Lycan 01
2010-03-26, 02:32 AM
"Ack!" Ralix yelps, jumping backwards as mutants pour into the room. He brings his bolt pistol to bear on the Hybrid attacking Ravion, and fires two shots into the beast. "Dispatch them quickly!"




Shoot! [roll0] vs BS 50 + 10 s-a + 10 sight + 10 best + 10 aim + 10 close range - 10 fear (90)

Damage 1: [roll1]

Damage 2: [roll2]

crazedloon
2010-03-26, 02:32 AM
Castus

Castus drops the bolter when the creature closed in on him. A quick step to the side causes its attack to miss and castus brings his axe to hand and to bare. He swings at the creature as it over compensates on its first attack attempting to cleave it in two.


[roll0] vs 20 + 10 best +20 all out + size + 10 outnumbered (ralix) - 10 fatigue = 50+ size

[roll1]

Saldre
2010-03-26, 02:41 AM
At the holding cells:

Ravion quickly decapitates his assailant, while Ralix fells the second mutants with a couple of well aimed shots... above you, something moves- but by the time you look up its already gone. From behind the remaining doors, you hear the rest of the prisoners moaning in pain and agony, driven mostly mad by their imprisonment.

Lycan 01
2010-03-26, 02:43 AM
"Ave Imperator..." Ralix mutters, scanning the darkness above as he switches to his plasma pistol.



Lucky: [roll0] vs 7

Weapon switch

crazedloon
2010-03-26, 02:47 AM
Castus

As I said there are larger creatures in here.

Castus says this and begins to walk back towards the mound in the center of the room. He begins to examine it and attempts to probe its qualities with his auspex.


[roll0] vs 75/85 [roll1]

[roll2] vs 78
[roll3] vs 65 [roll4]

Saldre
2010-03-26, 03:13 AM
Castus & Friends...

As soon as Castus approaches the mount to examine it... the signals on his auspex react... they surround the group, and seconds later three genestealers drop down from the ceiling at each of the tree entrances: drool dripping from their jaws as they lick their sharp teeth in anticipation...

crazedloon
2010-03-26, 03:17 AM
Castus

As an immediate reaction to the genestealers dropping from the ceiling Castus's ballistic mechadendrite swivel to point at the mound and fires a shot. Castus watches closely at the creatures reaction to the mound being shot.


[roll0] vs 75/85 [roll1] to watch the stealers and stuff around me

[roll2] vs 78
[roll3] vs 65 [roll4] for general area

also did I get any readings on the contents or make up of the mound?

Saldre
2010-03-26, 03:19 AM
Castus:

There is no immediate reaction the your attacking the mound... quite the opposite, they might have been angered.

Your readings on the mound detect a large number of life-forms inside. You suspect it is a breeding pit of some sort.

crazedloon
2010-03-26, 03:26 AM
Castus

When the genestealers reach the floor Castus already has pulled his bolter up to and drawn a bead on the closest one. He takes only a half second to steady himself and he fires.


[roll0] vs 40+ point blank 30 + 20 full auto + size - 10 fatigue
[roll1] pen 4
tearing
[roll2] pen 4

Talkkno
2010-03-26, 02:14 PM
Juron takes a gander at the open book.

Lycan 01
2010-03-26, 03:47 PM
Ralix wheels around and blasts the same Genestealer that Castus is firing at. He hopes they can concentrate their fire and drop the Genestealers one by one, reducing their numbers rather than just wounding each of them in turn. "Concentrate fire!" Ralix howls over the roar of his plasma pistol.



Plasma Pistol: [roll0] vs BS 50 + 10 aiming + 10 sight + ?? range

Damage: [roll1] w/ Pen 6

FullPlateJacket
2010-03-26, 09:52 PM
"Roger that, opening fire!" Claus responds, taking a shot at the same Genestealer with his Nomad.

Attack roll: [roll0] vs. 85
Damage: [roll1] pen 3

Bowerbird
2010-03-26, 11:01 PM
"Yes sir!" Ravion says as he charges the one being attacked, attempting to impale the beast on his witch-lance.

Charge!
WS: [roll0] vs 70
Blademaster: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2] Pen 6

Saldre
2010-03-27, 12:18 AM
The Gang in the caves-

Your combined assault on the genestealer ahead of you utterly annihilates it... but in the process you turn your backs to the two behind you.

They charge the group, one heading towards Ravion and the other towards Claus.

The first misses its slash against the blank- perhaps affected by his unnatural aura, but leaps back in order to avoid his devestating counter attack.

The other engages Claus and stabs at him with its scythed arms, attempting to take him out quickly.

[OOC: Bowerbird, you will need to charge any of these two as you have moved to location of the First Genestealer, which is now dead.]

Juron:

The book in question seems to detail the various unusual births in Biltem- a record of pregnancy, births, weddings and even deaths are all laid out in perfect order starting from about 20 years ago. You notice an unusual amount of discrepancies in the records- a much higher number of pregnancies then births coincides with steady drop in mutation throughout the years.

Talkkno
2010-03-27, 12:41 AM
Juron sifts threw the paper on the desk.

Saldre
2010-03-27, 12:51 AM
Juron:

The papers are frantic fragments of notes and research linking various unnatural events to various people- the name Obes is circled over and over again.

Talkkno
2010-03-27, 12:58 AM
Juron stuffs a few of the papers in the his pockets, as he goes over to the safe, and tries to unlock it.

Security: [roll0]

Saldre
2010-03-27, 01:23 AM
Juron:

You open the safe and find two things- a golden Aquila left on a shelf and besides it, a peculiar cross-bow has been left along with stakes.

It is a self-loading, high powered weapon clearly designed to fire its own unique type of ammunition: by their size, you believe that to be the silver stakes besides it.

Bowerbird
2010-03-27, 01:23 AM
"You are powerless before the righteousness of The Emperor!" Ravion shouts, as he charges the beast attacking Claus.

Charge!
WS: [roll0] vs 70
BM: [roll1]
Dam: [roll2]

Talkkno
2010-03-27, 01:42 AM
"Bless the Emperor! Juron mutters, as he takes the golden Aquilla and the Catechist, loading the holy bolts into the self loading crossbow, strapping to his back and the aquilla in his pocket, as he goes to the door on the other side of the room, and leans his ear closely on it. Trying to hear what might be across the room...

Awareness +20 [roll0]

FullPlateJacket
2010-03-27, 01:44 AM
Claus curses as the genestealer's attack barely misses his arm, knocking the Nomad to the ground. "Same story as last time, huh? These things must like the smell of my blood or something..." he complains, pulling his Hecutor out of its holster and firing a burst.

Attack roll: [roll0] vs. 95
Damage will be in the OOC thread once I see how many hits I get... unless I fumble.

Saldre
2010-03-27, 02:22 AM
Juron:

All is quiet on the other side of the door...

Talkkno
2010-03-27, 02:23 AM
Juron opens the door, unlocking if necessary.

Security: [roll0]

Saldre
2010-03-27, 02:26 AM
Juron:

The door opens and leads further down into the Church's crypts. Torches light the path ahead, revealing wooden coffins sitting on shelves in the passage walls.

Lycan 01
2010-03-27, 02:31 AM
Ralix fumbles with his plasma pistol, trying to draw a bead on the nearest Genestealer. However, he can't get a clear shot at it. As he adjusts his grip on the gun, his thumb brushes against a small button, causing it to click and slide slighter to the side. The gun lets out a low whine, and the energy coil begins to glow vibrantly, giving off a noticeable aura of neon blue light. "What the?!" Ralix gasps, shocked by his gun's hidden feature. On impulse, he pulls the trigger, inadvertantly aiming at the Genestealer no one is currently attacking. The gun roars loudly, and with a vibrant flash a miniature azure sun erupts from the front of the gun and streaks towards its target.


Free action - switch to Maximum

Half action - Lucky [roll0] vs 7

Half action - Shoot the other 'Stealer [roll1] vs BS 50 + 10 laser sight + 10 Close Range/30 Point Blank?

Damage: [roll2] + [roll3] extra damage

Talkkno
2010-03-27, 02:35 AM
" "Perhaps there is still santicy is this realm maddness... Juron mutters, as he searches of the coffins.

Search: [roll0]

crazedloon
2010-03-27, 10:17 AM
Castus

Castus switches his guns clips and aims at the one closest of the group. He takes only a second to steady his aim and fires. The bolts impact and explode with a electrical charge.


[roll0] vs 40 + 20 full auto + 30 point blank (they did just assault the group...) + size - 10

all of these are shocking and tearing

[roll1]
tearing
[roll2]

[roll3]
tearing
[roll4]

[roll5]
tearing
[roll6]

[roll7]
tearing
[roll8]

Saldre
2010-03-27, 12:41 PM
Down in the Caves-

Having luckily anticipated the Genestealer's attack thanks to Castus's auspex, the group is able to mow them down: Claus's auto-fire quickly rips the one attacking him to shreds, while Ralix's plasma shot forces the other to accidentally step into Castus's line of fire to dodge it, unexpectedly running into a volley of electrified bolts that tear it apart...

Juron:

As you move to open the coffin, you notice something peculiar on the pillars supporting the shelves. All of them are decorated with a golden symbol of the Aquila, much like the one you found, except for one that seems to be missing, a slightly tilted indentation shaped like the two headed bird taking its place instead.

You place the symbol you have recovered on the hole only to find that it fits perfectly. When you adjust it, the wall begins to rumble: moments after, it opens.

You find yourself staring at slime covered passages of the sewer...

Bowerbird
2010-03-27, 12:47 PM
Ravion twirls his lance as he deactivates the power-field, "So what is that thing? And why did the 'Stealers not want us to touch it?" he says as he examines the mound.

crazedloon
2010-03-27, 12:52 PM
Castus

It is some sort of spawning pit for the creatures.

Castus reaches out with his senses attempting to detect any other large creatures in the room.

I could destroy it however I only have one mine left and we do not know what might be ahead of us.


[roll0] vs 75/85 [roll1]

[roll2] vs 78
[roll3] vs 65 [roll4]

Saldre
2010-03-27, 12:57 PM
Castus:

You detect no other large creatures in the room, but the mound is clearly teeming with life.

Lycan 01
2010-03-27, 12:59 PM
Ralix flicks the switch on his smouldering weapon back to its original position. He then places the steaming plasma pistol back into his robes, and draws his bolt pistol. He strides over to the mound, aims his weapon down at it, and fires the last two bolts in the clip into the spawning pit. As the echoing thunder of the weapon fades, he looks at the rest of the team, shrugs, and says, "Well, if its worth protecting for them, its worth destroying for us."



Free - firing mode

Half - Weapon switch

Half - Semi-auto attack

Bolt Pistol: [roll0] vs BS 50 + 10 sight + 10 best + 10 semi-auto + 40 point blank - 20 called shot on the weakest point? :smallconfused:

Damage 1: [roll1]

Damage 2: [roll2]

Bowerbird
2010-03-27, 01:07 PM
"Way to waste a few perfectly good bolts, Ralix. Hmm.. y'know, with enough slicing I'm thinking I could bring that thing down.. or am I just being optimistic?" Ravion says, his untreated leg wound not seeming to bother him in the slightest.

Lycan 01
2010-03-27, 01:11 PM
His eyes adjusting to the darkness after having seen the vibrant flash of his plasma pistol, Ralix finally realizes how big the mound is. "Oh. Er..." he frowns, staring up at the spire of profanity, "I see your point. And I think you're being optimistic..."

He then notices the blood seeping down Ravion's leg. "Oh! Let me get that!" he exclaims, putting up his weapons and fishing out his medkit.




Medic +10: [roll0] vs Int 50 + 10 master + 20 medkit

Bowerbird
2010-03-27, 01:19 PM
Ravion looks down at the strip of cloth tied around his leg, already being soaked in his blood, "Nice, uh.. nice job there Ralix.. I think.."

Lycan 01
2010-03-27, 01:23 PM
Ralix scratches his head. "Hm? Wow, that looks a lot worse than it was supposed to. Want me to try again?"

crazedloon
2010-03-27, 01:24 PM
Castus

Castus looks at the sad excuse for a medicae job and shakes his head.

I believe the bugs have knocked your senses loose Ralix.

He moves to Ravion and strips the bandages away and begins to apply synth skin and other medical drugs to ease the pain as his medicae mechadendrite treats the wounds.


doubt it helps or is needed but in game it makes sense :smalltongue:

[roll0] vs 48 + 20 kit + 10 arm

crazedloon
2010-03-27, 01:34 PM
Castus

When he has finished cleaning up Ralix's botched job he stands once more and begins towards the third exit.

The mound can be dealt with when the patriarch is dead. If I am not mistaken before he defected Juron mentioned that he was in control of the swarm and without him they would be easier to kill.


[roll0] vs 75/85 [roll1]

Talkkno
2010-03-27, 02:16 PM
Juron reaches out from his mind to sense for any physic infulence.

Pycience: [roll0]

Lycan 01
2010-03-27, 02:32 PM
"Lead the way, comrade..." Ralix mutters, reloading his bolt pistol as he trudges after Castus.

Talkkno
2010-03-27, 02:44 PM
Juron moves into the sewers, holding his torch lightly.

Saldre
2010-03-27, 03:07 PM
Castus & Everybody going with him...

As you near the exit, you are overcome with an intense feeling of unease and evil foreboding. a voice, low and ominous at first, grows louder with every step. Ravion recognizes it: it is the priest from the church.

"...and the Beast watched from his Throne..."

His voice echoes across the cavernous depths as you walk into the chamber ahead...

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii233/Saldre/EntryTotheLair.jpg

You find yourself standing at, what seems to be, the center of the creature's lair: brood nests and underground capillary spires tower into the ceiling, which is over seventy feet high. The room is bathed in the unnatural glow of thousands of crystals, encrusted into the foul condensation dripping from the slimy walls.

Ahead of you, across the cavern- a disturbing stone carving (clearly hand made...) awaits, as if to devour all who enter the door beneath it. Its blank eyes seem to taken in the entire cave...

"...as we drew the blood of the innocent in His name..."

Standing, as if in a daze, dozens of men and women now bald, their skin having taken a slight blueish hue, stare into the distance ahead- ignoring you completely.

Instead, from various holes around the room... Scythed arms and claw-like hands rise up as creatures begin to slowly make their way into the room...

From behind you, the scuttling of the swarm rises...

"...drawing from death as a leech draws from the body..."

Juron:

As you walk around the sewer, you can't help but hear voices echo around the sewer walls... Is that Timmy again?

Regardless, the sounds are drowned up the sound of water which you recognize to be the river in the distance...

crazedloon
2010-03-27, 03:12 PM
Castus

Castus breaks into a full run. Not impressive but for a man with the weight of his mechadendrite not horribly slow.

To the central tower. We shall build our defense there.


[roll0] vs 75/85 [roll1]

[roll2] vs 78
[roll3] vs 65 [roll4]

is that tower where the central "crystal" is :smallwink:
[roll5] vs 78

Lycan 01
2010-03-27, 03:19 PM
"Frak!" Ralix yelps as he draws his bolt pistol, chasing after Castus. "You can never stop to plan, can you?"


Half action - draw weapon

Half action - Lucky [roll0] vs 7

Talkkno
2010-03-27, 03:34 PM
Juron stands in the middle of the sewer, focusing both his mind and senses to the source of the noise.

Awareness +20 [roll0]
Phyciennce: [roll1]

Saldre
2010-03-27, 03:37 PM
Juron:

Though it does not take a doctorate to realize that there's something deeply wrong in the atmosphere here, it seems to emanate from all around and not anywhere in particular...

Talkkno
2010-03-27, 03:44 PM
Juron heads over to the source of water, hoping to find man hole he climbed out of before.

Pysnciense: [roll0]

Saldre
2010-03-27, 04:11 PM
Juron:

You head down the sewers... until you spot, in the distance, a gaping hole in the walls: looking into it, you spot flickering lights in the distance- it is another circular tunnel, leading down....

Ahead of you, the sound of the river continues.

Talkkno
2010-03-27, 04:23 PM
Juron heads down the flickering lights.

Saldre
2010-03-27, 04:45 PM
Juron:

As you go further into the tunnels, you find the passage way winding down. Torches hanging on the walls light the way. In the distance, you hear voices rising from around the corner.

"Got anything to report?" the first one croaks...

Talkkno
2010-03-27, 04:59 PM
"My name is Juron Corex, member of Adeptus Arbities, I was sent by the Inquisition to investigate a rogue psyker...but I'm sure the situation in Bietlm is far from normal, to say the least, who are you? Juron speaks firmly, advancing slowly to the lights ahead.

Saldre
2010-03-27, 06:41 PM
Juron:

You step around the corner and take in your surroundings. You find yourself in a small, dock-like zone. Ahead of you, an intersecting tunnel (perpendicular to yours) is filled with water that quietly runs downstream.

A few wooden boards extend slightly over it: at their end, a small row-boat is docked and tight to the tiny harbor.

Nearby, a table,a few chairs and several barrels make up the only furniture in this area. There, two men (one sitting, the other standing) turn sharply as you approach and glare at you. The one standing reaches for a shot-gun left to rest on a barrel nearby.

The one standing, larger of the two, approaches into the light revealing his grotesque face and bulging eyes. He reaches for a sword at his hilt and unsheathes it.

"Looky what-we have here... Unexpected company..."

Talkkno
2010-03-27, 07:08 PM
"Purge the unclean!" Juron yells ,as he pulls the golden Aquilla to them, focusing his energies in pushing the larger brute into the water, as reality distorts around Juron. (Manifesting chamleon)

Willpower: [roll0]


Opposed Willpower: [roll1]

Damage: [roll2]

Saldre
2010-03-27, 07:21 PM
Juron:

The nearby brute flies backwards, striking the man on the chair as he grabs the shotgun, sending both of them flying into the water behind and landing in it with a large splash.

Talkkno
2010-03-27, 07:34 PM
"Suffocate on your sins! Juron intones once more as he surges mnetal force into the water where they just fell in, hoping to push them down further.

Willpower[roll0]

Opposed willpower(if nesscary...) [roll1]
Physic phemona: [roll2]

Saldre
2010-03-27, 07:39 PM
Juron:

You spot their hands reaching for the edge of platform in an attempt to climb up from the water.