PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Pukwudgie (PEACH)

Dumbledore lives
2010-03-19, 03:36 AM
This is a monster I created for my group, based off a Native American Legend

Pukwudgie
Small Monstrous Humanoid
Hit Dice: 3d8+0 (14)
Speed: 40 ft. (8 squares)
Initiative: +8
Armor Class: 19 (+4 Dexterity, +4 Natural, +1 Size); touch 14; flat-footed 14
Base Attack/Grapple: +3/+1
Attack: Dagger +4 (1d4+2) or Longbow +7 (1d6 + Poison)
Full-Attack: Dagger +4 (1d4+2) or Longbow +7 (1d6 + Poison)
Space: 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
Special Attacks: Spell-like Abilities
Special Qualities: Damage Reduction 5/-, fire resistance 10
Saves: Fort +1 Ref +5 Will +2
Abilities: Str 15, Dex 19, Con 10, Int 15, Wis 6, Cha 8
Skills: Climb +8, Jump +8, Hide +10, Spot +5
Feats: Improved Initiative, Weapon Focus (Longbow)
Environment: Temperate Forest
Organization: Solitary, Pack (3-8), Horde (10-30)
Challenge Rating: 4
Treasure: Standard
Alignment: Usually Chaotic Evil
Advancement: By character class
Level Adjustment: +3

Pukwudgie's are two to three foot tall troll like beings whose features resemble that of a human, but with enlarged nose, fingers, and ears. Their skin is gray, and at times seems to glow. Once friendly to humans, these beasts now terrorize towns, kidnapping and killing people. They are also fond of hanging around cliffs, and pushing any human that walks by off it.

Combat
Pukwudgie's are tricky little monsters, and like to use surprise and ambush their foes. They normally start off invisible, and use their poison bows to hurt, and hinder any warriors, or knock out spell casters. After this they will generally run in with their daggers, and stab the enemy to death, only changing form if the fight is obviously lost.

Poison: Injury, Fortitude DC 14, initial damage and secondary damage 2d4 strength.

Spell-like Abilities: At will-Invisibility, Produce Flame, Polymorph (only animals). Caster level 3rd. The Save DCs are Intelligence based.

I'm not sure about the polymorph into animals thing, and need to know if there is a better way of just transforming into animals. I was also unsure about the CR, as the poison seems like it could hurt a lot on a failed save, and the at will invisibility might push it up.

DracoDei
2010-03-19, 12:49 PM
Use the "Alternate Form" ability instead of giving Polymorph.

Replace one of their feats with "Improved Bull-rush" or give it as a bonus feat, so they actually CAN push people off cliffs half-way decently (unless that just removes the AoO, they expect to catch people unarmed, and are willing to risk a little non-lethal in the process).

Alternatively to Improved Bull-Rush, consider one of the __________ Throw maneuvers from the Setting Sun discipline.