PDA

View Full Version : The long trek home... [IC]

Saldre
2010-03-19, 11:47 PM
Juron's thread as he attempts to find his way back to Windhaven.

Saldre
2010-03-19, 11:55 PM
Juron:

Luckily, you have avoided any encounters in the marsh thus far. Unfortunately, as you trek further and further inside, it becomes harder and harder to maneuver about: the trees seem to repeat themselves along with the scenery. Landmarks, which you were certain to have left behind, find themselves along your path again.

You spot something in the distance: something moving in between the trees.

You can't make it out from here though, the foliage has gotten thicker and branches seem to reach out around you, obstructing your view: you'll need to move closer.

Talkkno
2010-03-19, 11:57 PM
Juron moves stealthly to see whatever lies ahead.

Move silently: [roll0]
Awareness +20 [roll1]

Saldre
2010-03-20, 12:16 AM
You move towards head towards the swaying branches....

You can feel something watching you from the forest...

You place a foot down on the wet-floor, the water reaching almost to your knees now... when suddenly you hear it.

A loud crackling shatters the silence as several trees from behind you come tumbling down before splashing into the water.

A growl, louder then any you have heard before, sends the trees into a frenzy: causing them to dance wildly in the wind...

Finally, thunderous footsteps in the water throw ripples of water across your back as you feel something massive charging you from... Its monstrous hands a hair's width away from the back of your neck....

[OOC: Agility test to start running... unless you want to look back that is...]

Talkkno
2010-03-20, 12:25 AM
"Smite this foe! Smash the enemy!... Juron mutters the Incantation of battle, as he turns around to fire a las blast at the foul beast.

Dodge +10 [roll0]
BS +10 from red laser sight, +30 from close range.
[roll1]
[roll2]

Saldre
2010-03-20, 12:52 AM
Just as you turn around to fire at the creature... you feel burning pain across your face as the creature slices at your forehead.

blood gushes from the wound into your eyes, clouding your vision: can see its massive frame shifting ahead you, its arms rising into the air: ready to descend and hack you to pieces.

Talkkno
2010-03-20, 01:41 AM
"FOR THE EMPEROR WE BRING DEATH!" Juron finishes the incantation of battle as he envelops himself and surrounding area in a white-hot soul searing soulstorm.

Damage:[roll0]

Damage to Juron
[roll1]

Saldre
2010-03-20, 01:55 AM
Just as the flames engulf you, a wave of cold precedes the burning fire.

The water around freezes instantly as frost seems to cover the marshes and the trees around you.

Juron's howl echoes into an unearthly howl: its force shattering the frozen branches around him.

The flames wrap themselves around him, the blood on his face dries instantly... but the unholy fire surrounding him shifts before his eyes, clouding his vision.

Shadows of all shapes and sizes seem to turn around you... when you hear the sound of the ice breaking... then silence.

Talkkno
2010-03-20, 02:00 AM
Juron takes a look back at the foul beast, amazed he was still alive, breathing heavily.

Saldre
2010-03-20, 02:14 AM
Though you do not spot the creature, neither can you see its burned remains.

Only ice, extending all around you.

Talkkno
2010-03-20, 02:22 AM
"The Emperor is our guiding light, a beacon of hope for humanity in a galexy of darkness, as I serve Him, He is our greatest servant, As we pray to Him, His thoughts are only us. And in the dark when the shadows threaten, The Emperor is with me, In spirit and Fact... Juron murmurs the Libation to the Emperor, putting his hand on his chest, his wounds suddenly healing before his eyes...

Heal[roll0]

Willpower: [roll1]

Saldre
2010-03-20, 02:18 PM
As his wounds begin to heal, Juron floats upwards into the air as a howling wind floods the nearby marshes, lifting him slightly.

With his various injuries mostly healed, he drops back down on the frosty water- shattering it.

In a thick cluster of trees ahead of him, several things sway from the trees. Too large to be vines of branches... but you're still too far, and can't quite make out what they are.

On the other hand, you think you spot a clearing to the right... Unless your eyes are playing tricks on you.

Regardless, the area around you does not feel safe: perhaps your experience has left paranoid, but you still feel eyes watching over your back.

[OOC: roll a d100 before along with your decision as to which direction you go]

Talkkno
2010-03-21, 02:08 AM
Juron minds find himself mired into death of thought, but refocuses his mind and does his best to ignore his new found abilities, moving silently toward the clearing to the right.

Move silently.[roll0]

[roll1]

Saldre
2010-03-21, 11:21 AM
The frozen marches break and crackle under your step as you make your way to the clearing.

A bundle of threes, grouped together, block your path ahead. Breaking trough them with relative ease, you step out from the dense vegetation only to stumble upon a small and circular open area completely devoid of trees.

Perhaps your getting close to Civilization, as you are able to spot someone at the opposite end of the clearing from you, several meters.

Right at the other edge of the forest, a teenager is sitting on the rotten remains of a broken tree trunk.

Though his back is turned to you, you can see him... dangling something... in his hand.

[OOC: Perception Test to Notice what it is.]

Talkkno
2010-03-21, 03:09 PM
Juron peers what the youth may be holding

Awareness +20

Talkkno
2010-03-21, 03:10 PM
Awareness +20 [roll0]

Saldre
2010-03-21, 03:26 PM
Strangely enough, he's holding in his hand a large dead rat- dangling it like a bell.

Talkkno
2010-03-21, 03:36 PM
"Do you know what direction Winterhaven is? Juron calls out to the youth.

Saldre
2010-03-21, 05:05 PM
"Your ways off from Windhaven Mister." He says, without turning around.

He scratches his chin for a moment, seemingly pondering something.

"But I will help you if you help me: I am looking for my big brother... he ran off into the marshes... have you seen him?"

Talkkno
2010-03-21, 05:07 PM
I'm afraid not, can you point me in the direction where you last saw him? Perhaps I can track him down. Are there any settlements nearby? Juron asks warily, as he attempts to determine the veracity of his intent.

Scrunity +10 [roll0]

Saldre
2010-03-21, 05:18 PM
The boy's voice seems honest enough, though he does not seem particularly concerned about his brother.

He turns around and faces you- and for the first time you get a clear look at his face.

His hair is thinning, though seemingly too young to be balding. And though he is clearly young, he's rather big boned.

"What's that?" He asks, pointing to your Hell-gun.

"We don't have those where I come from..."

Talkkno
2010-03-21, 05:43 PM
"I'm from offworld, these swamps are quite dangerous, always helps to have a weapon hadny. Juron replies as a aside.

Saldre
2010-03-21, 06:05 PM
He leans his head to side, as if not quite understanding what you mean.

"From the Off-world? Are you going back there now? I have always wanted to go..." He says with a loud of sigh.

Talkkno
2010-03-21, 06:07 PM
"I'll see what I can do if you can point me in the direction of Winterhaven, whats your name? Juron replies.

Saldre
2010-03-21, 06:11 PM
"My name is Nihilius. You look strange, do all people from Off-world walk around in Tin-cans?"

Talkkno
2010-03-21, 06:20 PM
"The Emperor favors the prepared. Juron says rather blutnly

"Nihilius, can you accompany me to your town? I have some bussiness I need to attend to Winterhaven and it'll be a bit easier if i could drive there. Juron says a bit more tactfully

Charm +10 [roll0]

Saldre
2010-03-21, 06:26 PM
He scratches his chin for a moment with his free hand as he ponders something.

"Winterhaven... Winterhaven...."

Then suddenly he snaps his fingers together.

"You mean Windhaven? I see...So your the one then..." He says, before motioning for him to move forward.

"I am normally not supposed to talk to strangers... but let's get going then, shall we?"

Talkkno
2010-03-21, 06:31 PM
"Thank you, what do you mean I am the "one?" Juron says briefly, as the statement So your the one then draws his suspicion.

Scrunity +10 to see the emotion assocaited with the statement
[roll0]

Saldre
2010-03-21, 06:39 PM
He seems eager for you follow him, having completely forgetting about his brother.

"Your going to to Windhaven, aren't you? Let's get going..."

Talkkno
2010-03-21, 06:42 PM
Juron follows the youth.

Saldre
2010-03-21, 06:50 PM
You step into the clearing, only to find that the green march-water here reaches to your knees.

"Let's get going" He says again, from the other side.

Talkkno
2010-03-21, 06:57 PM
Juron takes stock of the water in front of him, and if its shallow enough to wade threw, continues to follow.

Awareness +20 [roll0]

Saldre
2010-03-21, 07:06 PM
The water, though murky, seems shallow enough for you to wade trough. On the other hand, you can't quite shake the feeling that there's something not quite write...

Talkkno
2010-03-21, 07:12 PM
Juron cuts down a nearby tree with his mono-edged combat knife, as it falls to the water to form a floastsm that Juron gently wades threw the water to meet the youth.

Saldre
2010-03-21, 07:31 PM
As you begin to wade trough the water, suddenly it happens.

Your feet sink into the ground, and you feel yourself being pulled into the water. You realize that you walked into a pit of quick-sand...

The boy smiles and turns to face the wood.

"You should watch out... these marshes are dangerous, you said so yourself, didn't you?" He says, and waves the rat at the forest..

"I wonder where my brother, he must be hungry by now..." He says almost to himself, as he glances towards the rat.

His jovial mood unwavering despite your plight.

[OOC: Seeing as you have felled a tree to help yourself across, attempt a strength check to climb out.]

Talkkno
2010-03-21, 07:39 PM
"Very funny." Juron says grimly, as he attempts to pull himself up from the quicksand.

Strength
[roll0]

Saldre
2010-03-21, 07:54 PM
You get pulled down further, but your still able to maintain your balance and keep your grip on the tree trunk. Nihilius watches you and makes no attempt to help you.

[OOC: Another strength test!]

Talkkno
2010-03-21, 08:03 PM
"I am man, prone to weakness, But I am Justice, where weakness is death. I crush my weakness with the weight of my pride! Juron yells the litany of strength, as he attempts to push upwards.
Strength [roll0]

Saldre
2010-03-21, 08:07 PM
The Log gives in under your weight, cracking slightly. You feel it won't hold long as the sand seems to suck you in further into the depths...

"You don't mind waiting here while I get my brother, do you? He shouldn't be very far."

[OOC: Another one!]

Talkkno
2010-03-21, 08:13 PM
"Mighty Emperor, spread Your divine light to protect me from the darkness. Juron mutters the litany of protection, as he holds and pushes with all this might.

STR[roll0]

Saldre
2010-03-21, 08:20 PM
You manage to pull yourself out of the quick sand, steadying yourself on the log. Moving forward is probably suicidal, dragging yourself back out of the water is going to be hard enough.

[OOC: roll a 1d100! Almost there!]

Talkkno
2010-03-21, 08:23 PM
"Eat lead heretic! Juron mutters teresely, as he fires a single bullet from his autopistol into the traditoius youth.

BS (+??? bonus from short/point blank range.) [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

d100 [roll2]

Saldre
2010-03-21, 08:28 PM
You fire a shot at him, but miss. Suddenly, he turns his attention towards you and looks you in the eyes.

For the first time, you feel a slight daze overcome you. As he stares into your eyes, he seems see right trough you, peering deep into your mind. His look is hypnotic, and causes you to falter on the log.

It cracks loudly as it begins to break- you realize you'll have to move quick or it'll drop back down into the water... and take you with it.

"He's really hungry, I don't think this thing is going to be enough for him." He says, shaking the rat.

[OOC: Another d100!]

Talkkno
2010-03-21, 08:35 PM
Juron attempts to move the log with him where the quicksand's draining pressure isn't as intense, the pressure of his "gifts" pulsing in his mind.

BS [roll0]

Saldre
2010-03-21, 08:47 PM
You forcefully drag the log deeper into flooded clearing, making your way towards the end when suddenly...

A thunderous roar shakes the trees around you....

"Here he is now... He'll be happy to meet you..."

[OOC: An Agility Test, with a generous bonus, and your Regular d100 (the before last one)]

Talkkno
2010-03-21, 08:52 PM
Juron does his best to make it across to the land, muttering the litany to duty.

"Give me the strength to carry my duty threw and smite those who thwart me.

Agity test [roll0]
[roll1]

Saldre
2010-03-21, 09:07 PM
Your are able to keep your footing as you make your way across the quick-sand. But the log begins to break. You hear a loud cracking sound, and see a crevasse streak across it.

You doubt it'll last another second: it could break at any second.... but your so close, another push and you'll make it!

Meanwhile, from behind the youth, you spot the hear the booming sound of tree trunks crashing as something massive carves its way trough the marshes- making straight for the clearing.

Nihilius simply watches, unconcerned by your advances.

[OOC: Final 1d100!]

Talkkno
2010-03-21, 09:11 PM
Juron makes the final push...
[roll0]

Saldre
2010-03-21, 09:25 PM
You make to the other side and feel your feet landing on solid ground. The youth is still nearby on his log. In the distance, you can hear the crackling trees as they are rent apart by something charging this way...

"You have met my brother earlier, haven't you?" He asks, as he turns to watch over you.

"It seems you have quite the temper..." He sighs loudly.

"Oh well: Its dinner time- I have to heading back either way. Perhaps you'll join us?" He asks and points his hand at Juron's gun.

Talkkno
2010-03-21, 09:29 PM
"Must be the frakking crystals... Juron mutters as he dashes towards the direction his tracking skills indicated before.

Saldre
2010-03-21, 09:44 PM
You run back into the woods, leaving the youth behind.

"You can't escape it, Father is waiting-"

You hear him yell as you rush trough the trees, trying to find your bearing. You can't help but feel as if you'd running in circles...

Suddenly, a large shadow falls over you... As if the very sun had been blotted out...

[OOC: another tracking roll]

Talkkno
2010-03-21, 10:00 PM
Juron heads over to nearby large tree to hide behind.

Concealment: [roll0]

Saldre
2010-03-21, 10:02 PM
You can, in the distance, a massive shadowy figure moving around the trees...

[roll0]

It shifts around the trees... seemingly oblivious to you...

Talkkno
2010-03-21, 10:29 PM
Juron stays where he is, keeping his breathing controlled, noting the creatures movement.

Saldre
2010-03-21, 10:54 PM
The creatures scans the area one more time...

[roll0]

Before turning around and... and walking away... for now...

Talkkno
2010-03-21, 10:58 PM
Juron attempts once again reaglin his sense of direction towards Winterhaven's most likely direciton.

Tracking +10 [roll0]

Saldre
2010-03-21, 11:14 PM
As you walk around the marshlands, you find yourself unable to find your way out: they seem to extend forever.

Suddenly, a loud squawking startles you: right from beneath your feet a heron goes flying out into the sky.

Though it proves your getting closer to goal, you fear you have attracted attention to yourself...

Talkkno
2010-03-21, 11:25 PM
Juron ignores it, pushing on towards his goal.

Trakcing +10 [roll0]

Saldre
2010-03-21, 11:29 PM
Finally, you stumble out of the marsh and into the open.

The great chasm stands before you. You can chose to travel along it to the right, left... or you notice what seems to be a slope that leads over a path: you could try climbing down and getting cross trough there...

Talkkno
2010-03-21, 11:44 PM
Juron uses his mono edged knife to cut off a thick tree branches, and lights it using his hellgun, as he takes the right path...

Saldre
2010-03-21, 11:50 PM
Juron travels right, walking at a steady pace... but a few hours pass, and the sun sets... and still you do not see a bridge. Instead, the chasm seems to extend on endlessly.

Remember the layout of the road and the forest when you first came to Biltem, you realize the correct path was actually left... you turn around and start walking back... but not before having tired yourself out...

[OOC: You have been walking for a long time now... Toughness test or gain a point of fatigue...]

Talkkno
2010-03-21, 11:53 PM
Juron takes a deep breath, as he countiues on, the wracking jounrey having a effect on his body as well mind...

Toughness 51 [roll0]

Saldre
2010-03-22, 12:03 AM
After another few hours have passed as you back-track your way besides the chasm, you spot your target ahead- the old bridge.

Its dark though, and your torch doesn't help you see very far.

It could be your mind playing tricks on you, but you think you see something... moving... in the gully besides the bridge....

[OOC: perception test as you advance...]

Talkkno
2010-03-22, 12:08 AM
"Emperor, protect your servant is this hour of peril.... Juron mutters taking stock the situation around him, hoping to see the shadow of the car.

Awareness +20 [roll0]

Saldre
2010-03-22, 12:12 AM
You spot, in the distance, the outline your car. Though it is rather far, even with your keen eye-sight, enhanced no doubt by your will to survive, you can't make out much more then that.

On the other hand, something much closer catches your attention: and you thank your lucky stars for it. A passing moon-light ray shines across the gully... revealing several... perhaps four or so... blueish figures... waiting at the sides of the bridge... before they are engulfed in darkness again.

Talkkno
2010-03-22, 12:22 AM
Juron heads over to the bridge, not yet moving across it...
"In the name of the Adptues Arbities, identify yourselves." Juron says firmly, his hands presented into a open palm as a sign of peace.

Saldre
2010-03-22, 12:28 AM
There is no response, only silence.

Talkkno
2010-03-22, 12:38 AM
"I will say it again, identify yourselves! Juron says more forefully, firing a single shot from his autopistol into the air.

Saldre
2010-03-22, 12:44 AM
Nobody responds yet again.

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii233/Saldre/Juron.png?t=1269238479

Talkkno
2010-03-22, 12:50 AM
Juron takes out his hellgun, annoyed as the silence, taking careful aim at the farthestmost of the blue fiqures from the police van, his laser pointer aimed sqaurely at the foul creature, firing the snap hiss of a las weapon, as he mutters the litany of smithing.
"Spirits in the Machine, accept my piety, and smash the target with your purifying light."

BS roll: (Aiming and red dot laser negates darkness, +10 for short range, hellgun has 180 meter range...)[roll0]

Saldre
2010-03-22, 01:03 AM
There is no reaction to your shot.

Talkkno
2010-03-22, 01:07 AM
Juron fires again, with the same precision.
BS roll: (Aiming and red dot laser negates darkness, +10 for short range, hellgun has 180 meter range...)[roll0]

Saldre
2010-03-22, 01:17 AM
When the gun fizzles, something finally happens.

Out from the sides of the cliffs, two separate sets of claws reach out- slamming into the ground.

Soon, they heft the remainder the creatures upwards... the moon shines across them... and you realize you have walked into their final ambush...

Drooling, they open their jaws exposing their long tongues, licking their teeth before they lean forward... ready to pounce...

Talkkno
2010-03-22, 01:33 AM
Fear test:
[roll0]

Talkkno
2010-03-22, 01:44 AM
Juron's mind shatters just realizing how screwed really was, screaming for few seconds before collpassing into a catonic state.

Willpower test: +10 [roll0]

Saldre
2010-03-22, 01:53 AM
Dum dum dum....

Fin...

Talkkno
2010-03-22, 01:53 AM
Toughness

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]