PDA

View Full Version : Pyrotecnics [3.5]

Half-orc Bard
2010-03-20, 11:59 PM
My friends say it sucks, but from what I can tell it's like a blindness mass. (don't comment on my spelling if I messed up)

Sinfire Titan
2010-03-21, 01:54 AM
1d4 rounds of blindness, no save, to everyone in a 20ft radius from Medium range is why it is somewhat better than Glitterdust.

Of course, this all depends on if the DM reads it as RAW, which makes the blindness last for 1d4 rounds after they leave the smoke. If not, then either Glitterdust or the Flare version is the way to go.

Starbuck_II
2010-03-21, 06:52 AM
1d4 rounds of blindness, no save, to everyone in a 20ft radius from Medium range is why it is somewhat better than Glitterdust.

Of course, this all depends on if the DM reads it as RAW, which makes the blindness last for 1d4 rounds after they leave the smoke. If not, then either Glitterdust or the Flare version is the way to go.

Flare doesn't blind; it minorly impacts you (dazzles).

Octopus Jack
2010-03-21, 08:05 AM
Flare doesn't blind; it minorly impacts you (dazzles).

I believe he is talking about the "fireworks" version of pyrotechnics

ericgrau
2010-03-21, 09:50 AM
The fireworks version is a 120' radius glitterdust at the same level. Yes, it is an awesome spell. The main downside is the pre-planning you need so you don't hit your party. A bullseye lantern, synchronized eye closing, long range, whatever. The smoke cloud version isn't bad either.