PDA

View Full Version : Puff! [PrC]

Triaxx
2010-03-25, 01:29 PM
A great thought for a PrC came to me while thinking about the MiTD, and the old cartoon.

Wondering Soul

Driving his hand into his hat, the Wizard in front of me pulled sharply and flashed an orb of fire at me. Seeing that the spell missed, his hand flashed back again, this time the Lightning Bolt did not miss.

Requirements: 10 ranks of Concentration, Ability to cast 3rd level spells Divine or Arcane, Chaotic Alignment

{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+1|
+1|
+1|
+1|Randomized Spell

2nd|
+2|
+1|
+1|
+1|Mind Wrench

3rd|
+3|
+2|
+2|
+1|Sleeping Dice, Randomized Spell 2[/table]

Randomized Spell: At first level the Wondering Soul may once per day cast a spell selected randomly from those known. At third level, the Wondering Soul can cast any spell of a selected school, randomly.

Random selection of spells operates as follows: One d10 is thrown to determine level, if it's a level the Wondering Soul knows no spells of, the die is rerolled. Then roll a d8 to determine school. Then a d20 is thrown. If the number is not occupied by a spell, reroll.

At third level, skip the d8 and roll only the d10 and d20.

Mind Wrench: At second level, a Wondering Soul may spend an additional hour after spell preparation to limit his choices of spells to one of twenty. Using this power requires a DC 20 Concentration check to focus his powers during the hour, repeated every fifteen minutes. Each failed check removes the number of fixable results by 5. Failing all checks means that Mind Wrench had no effect.

If the Wondering Soul has used Mind Wrench, only a D20 is thrown, and only once. If the D20 lands on a space not filled by Mind Wrench, revert to the normal procedure, otherwise cast as normal.

Sleeping Dice: At third level, the Wondering Soul becomes able to utilize Randomized Spell while under the effects of Magical sleep. Elves are unable to use this power.

Dust
2010-03-26, 03:48 AM
Is it meant to be 'Wondering' - that is to say, someone who considers, ponders and thinks - or 'Wandering,' the latter being someone who travels aimlessly?

Obrysii
2010-03-26, 08:30 AM
How do you pick from your spells randomly?

Triaxx
2010-03-26, 08:39 AM
@Dust: Wondering, as in he's wondering what spell he's going to land on next.

@Obrysii: Knew I forgot something.