PDA

View Full Version : Resilience Feat (PEACH)

Lysander
2010-03-25, 05:25 PM
A defensive feat I thought up:

Resilience

Prerequisite
Diehard

Benefit
You no longer die at -10 hp. Instead your health may go as low as -15 before you expire. The benefit of the diehard feat extends to -14 hitpoints. If you are ever a creature that is destroyed at 0hp, such as an undead or construct creature that retains their feats, resilience instead functions as the toughness feat.

Special
This feat may be taken multiple times, each time allowing your health to go 5 lower before dying. The diehard feat's benefit extends to non-fatal negative health totals.

Forever Curious
2010-03-25, 05:42 PM
Seems good to me. Not sure I would take it, though... doesn't strike me as worth it. *shrug* But I don't play melee, so...

Ashtagon
2010-03-25, 05:48 PM
This isn't functionally different from a feat that simply adds +5 hp. Toughness is weaksauce, and Toughness +2 hp isn't much different.

Temotei
2010-03-25, 05:58 PM
This isn't functionally different from a feat that simply adds +5 hp. Toughness is weaksauce, and Toughness +2 hp isn't much different.

It's actually weaker, since you're only able to take one move action or standard action while in the negatives.

Up the resilience!

peacenlove
2010-03-25, 06:28 PM
raising the cap to -(2*HD+10) would be a good step to improve this feat. Even with diehard, where you can take a standard action, anything below that cap is just weak.