PDA

View Full Version : Chili Holy Hand Grenade

Amiel
2010-03-26, 06:15 AM
Impressed with the potential "stopping power" of chilies, a mad linguist pooled his resources together to invent something the world had never before seen and will always henceforth be subject to. The Chili Holy Hand Grenade.
What is seen cannot be unseen.

Produced from the distilled essences of some of the multiverse's most potent chilies, the Chili Holy Hand Grenade adds further insult to injury, literally, by being overloaded with ball bearings.

Globular in shape, surmounted by an odd tilting cross, the clearness of the crystal used in its make invites a clear and agonising description of the fates awaiting victims. Its circularity also hides a bag of holding.

Once thrown, the Chilli Holy Hand Grenade explodes into hundreds and thousands; of ball bearings zooming away at tremendous speed and force.
Each is hard enough to cause actual lethal damage, some even manage to embed themselves in objects, or unfortunates.
Each exploded ball bearing deals 1d3 + 1 Con damage.

Splash damage from the chili water itself is akin to being ON FIRE; in effect, it duplicates the damage caused by a burning hands spell. Each round that the water is present upon the victim causes additive damage to the score of +1.
This water also acts as an accelerant, subjecting the victim to an even greater possibility of being ON FIRE. This damage, rather than overlapping, stacks.
For example, pouring oil upon the victim with the excuse of making salsa is not actually helpful, and the person responsible should be slapped, it deals an additional 1d3 points of damage.

Price and materials and XP to create will be forthcoming.

Kobold-Bard
2010-03-26, 06:46 AM
How many ball bearings does this thing fire?

Because hundreds of points of Con damage seems a bit harsh from one item...

arguskos
2010-03-26, 07:08 AM

Hey, to kill the Rabbit they needed lots of Con damage. :smallcool:

This is just an improved version.

Kobold-Bard
2010-03-26, 07:28 AM
Hey, to kill the Rabbit they needed lots of Con damage. :smallcool:

This is just an improved version.

I have no idea what that is sorry.

This thing ends any encounter that isn't an undead or construct, with no way to avoid it that I can see.

Mulletmanalive
2010-03-26, 07:45 AM
Whole thing is a reference to "Quest for the Holy Grail" by Monty Python. They use the Holy Handgrenade of Antioc to slay the cave guardian, which is basically a bunny with vorpal teeth.

Amiel
2010-03-26, 10:10 AM

Testing by scientists have concluded that it is actually harmful to one's health; if taken orally. While it is chilli, consumption should not be attempted.

The ball bearings possibly may not target a single individual; in all likelihood, since the ball bearings zoom off at random, only a few would actually hit, and even then will need to hit a high enough AC to penetrate.

Whole thing is a reference to "Quest for the Holy Grail" by Monty Python. They use the Holy Handgrenade of Antioc to slay the cave guardian, which is basically a bunny with vorpal teeth.

It's actually not; while I know of the holy hand grenade (though only the name; indeed I specifically chose it for the awesome name), I've never actually watched Quest for the Holy Grail nor am I familiar with much of Monty Python's works (actually, any for that matter), unfortunately. This is entirely my own creation.

Amiel
2010-03-26, 07:50 PM
Roll on the following table to determine the number of ball bearings that hit

d% | Number | Collateral Damage
01 - 14 | 1d4 | x 10
15 - 29 | 1d6 | x 10
30 - 52 | 1d8 | x 100
53 - 95 | 1d10 | x 1,000
96 - 100 | 1d12 | x 10,000