PDA

View Full Version : Question

Itous
2010-03-28, 06:49 AM
hi all i have a question but is there a prestige class known as.....

"Material-Plane Master" in any book if not would anyone care to help me build it?

if anyone is intrested the concept behind this characteri s anything on the material plane is at its disposal to use, magic, melee anything that doesn't interfer with the gods basicly the plane of existance is his weapon of choice.

Geiger Counter
2010-03-28, 07:09 AM
That is extremely vague, but if you are looking for a jack of all trades look up the factotum from dungeonscape.

Itous
2010-03-28, 10:28 AM
i will, personally i think i must of dreamed up the name of the class, i woke up this morning thinking to myself "i should really investigate the class 'Material-plane master'"

i will look up factotum now.

but on a trying to uncover the fog type move how would a plane master use the specific plane he has chosen to his advantage?

Djinn_in_Tonic
2010-03-28, 10:54 AM
This is definitely your own imagining...I've never heard of anything remotely similar to this. The Planar Shepard and Horizon Walker are the closest existing things I can envision.

As for how such a thing might attack...channeling planar traits, altering terrain and/or gravity, and such things. A positive energy plane channeler might be able to overload his foes with healing energy, and an air-elemental plane channeler might fling foes into the air with air currents and subjective gravity.

Just thoughts.

Itous
2010-03-29, 09:20 AM
Brilliant ideas, would you mind if i used them?

Djinn_in_Tonic
2010-03-29, 09:21 AM
Brilliant ideas, would you mind if i used them?

That's what they're there for. :smallbiggrin:

Itous
2010-03-29, 09:28 AM
thanks!

right so i'm thinking "plane master" as a general prestige class and a class feature is you pick what POE you work with

so if i picked POE fire

i would be "Fire - Plane master" tapping into the essence of the elemental plane of fire

or if i choose material plane i would be "Material - plane master" naturally master will be "mistriss" for women taking this class

Lysander
2010-03-29, 10:01 AM
This is a pretty cool idea. Maybe give them abilities that function on any plane, but operate differently depending where they are. Like an eldritch blast type ability that deals fire damage on the plane of fire, negative energy damage on the negative energy plane, holy damage that only harms evil creatures on celestia, etc. The weakness of the class would be that they usually aren't good at fighting natives of the plane, just at attacking intruders. So they'd be a planar defender basically.

On the material plane, since its a mixture of all elements, it could deal a random element with each attack that deals extra damage to outsiders.

Forever Curious
2010-03-29, 10:12 AM
I'm greatly interested to see where this goes.

Lysander
2010-03-29, 12:28 PM
I'm greatly interested to see where this goes.

They should also get the ability to survive the natural effects of the plane. So fire resistance on the plane of fire, water breathing on the plane of water, continuous death ward on the negative energy plane, flight on the plane of air, earth glide and darkvision on the plane of earth. The outer planes might instead give them spell like abilities suited to that plane. For example in baator the adaptation ability might instead give them discern lies at will. In Celestia they'd get at-will detect evil.

Itous
2010-03-29, 02:11 PM
funny you should say that, this is what me and a friend came up with.

props to Djinn_In_Tonic for giving me the nudge i needed :)

the following are class Abilitys

Level 1:
Demi-plane, plane-shift (level per day), Planar Stabilisation
Demi Plane: grants you a small plane of existance approximately 100 miles all round.
Plane-shift: (see the spell for details)
Planar Stabilisation: this is the very essence of which you start to become tuned with you have chosen, it is also this ability which means you must choose a plane of existance to become one with

level 2:
Planar Trait:
Planar Trait allows you to take one trait from the plane of existance you have chosen and permenantly apply it to your character
so if it was the ehteral plane you could choose "no gravity" and thus you would float or fly everywhere

level 3
Planar Combat
you can change up to 20 squares into that plane of existance so you can target an area and it will be as if you were on the etheral plane or on a chosen plane.

Planar Survival
gain immunitys for your plane of existance
meaning sustain without air but it only happens if your on that plane of existance

4th level
Planar Domain Traits
which means for example if you are in the elemental plane of air
you get access to the air Domain

level 5
enhanced magic & impeded magic
for example... on the negative energy plane negative effect spells do maximum damage and healing spells only heal or cure half. this becomes a class ability as the essence of the plane you are becomming intune with fills your body on a higher level

level 6
Planar Guardian
summon a guardian from that plane of existance it comes and fights for you

level 7
Planar Mastery:
Extend Planar fields from 20 to 80 and with a DC 20 Concentration Check you can summon these fields at will and change thier effects.

fire is hotter, water is denser, gravity is lighter etc

please enjoy any help is much appriciated! i'm looking up planar guardian but comming up short, any help people?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT

naturally planar mastery only works up to a relivent point what ever you must do must be relivent to the plane of existance and to make it clear you can only use this when using your combat fields OR when on that plane of existance

Geiger Counter
2010-03-29, 07:12 PM
Have you played the PS2 game Primal? I'm working on a class based on her right now.

Itous
2010-03-30, 04:07 AM
no i haven't, what does everyone think of the planes master class so far?

i'm thinking of giving it a special ability to keep gaining spell casting levels but i am unsure i would like some advice on that please.