PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 Races with a bonus to int and wis?

Giegue
2010-03-28, 02:06 PM
I am looking for any and all LA+0 races that have a bonus to both inteligence and wisdom in 3.5 D&D. I only know of one(those monkey people from Oriental Adventures) though I am sure there is at least one which can be used in a non-oriental campaign. If anybody knows such a race, please, share here.

The Dark Fiddler
2010-03-28, 02:09 PM
LA+0 and +Int is pretty rare. I don't think there's a single race that gets +Wis at LA+0 (unless you count anthropomorphic bats... but I dunno the LA there). I'd say there aren't any, but I don't want to commit to that.

Edit: Now that Djinn agrees, I'd bet money on it. Djinn is all knowing.

Djinn_in_Tonic
2010-03-28, 02:12 PM
There are no other LA +0 races from official sources. Sorry. I check everything I know. :smallfrown:

Giegue
2010-03-28, 02:13 PM
Well, there is one technicaly, but it's oriental specific. I suppose I could try and see if my DM would let me take said race despite it's oriental nature, or just use archivest instead of cleric(though that means I will have to actually hunt for my divine spells as well as arcane ones, though I suppose it's not THAT bad considering archivest gets to learn divine spells from any list, which can pay off in the long run, it just means more work to get spells.)

The Dark Fiddler
2010-03-28, 02:15 PM
Well, there is one technicaly, but it's oriental specific.

Technically, if you can get your DM to go with it, nothing is ever X specific.

Edit: Archivists get extra spells per level like a Wizard (that's two per level, IIRC), so it's not that bad. Especially since divine spells from any list is downright broken.

Lord Vukodlak
2010-03-28, 02:24 PM
I think Star Elves may have a bonus to wisdom but I can't recall,
Anyway you won't find a LA+0 race with a bonus to two ability scores outside of pathfinder rules where +2 to two stats an -2 to another is standard.

Human Paragon 3
2010-03-28, 02:25 PM
Step 1) Pick any LA +0 Race
Step 2) Age up categories until Int and Wis are as high as you need
Step 3) Profit!

Flickerdart
2010-03-28, 02:30 PM
Step 1) Pick any LA +0 Race
Step 2) Age up categories until Int and Wis are as high as you need
Step 3) Profit!
Venerable Goudawrought Kobold?

Critical
2010-03-28, 02:32 PM
Venerable Dragonwrought Kobold seems to be the only option. :smallbiggrin:

Ernir
2010-03-28, 02:37 PM
Buomman from the Planar Handbook. +2 Wis, -2 Cha, LA +0.

They have... annoying restrictions, though.

*.*.*.*
2010-03-28, 02:39 PM
Buomman from the Planar Handbook. +2 Wis, -2 Cha, LA +0.

They have... annoying restrictions, though.

Dragonborn fixes that

dota600
2010-03-28, 02:41 PM
sun elves of forgotten race.

+2 int, -2 con

About the +2 int, +2 wis.... you and I wish.

TheMadLinguist
2010-03-28, 03:08 PM
Yes, actually.

Axani from dragon 297 are a LA+1 planetouched race with a bonus to intelligence and wisdom. As per Player's Guide to Faerun, you can reduce the LA of a planetouched race by 1 by making them into a lesser planetouched, changing outsider type to humanoid, adding a weakness to outsider-targeting spells, and losing darkvision.

PlzBreakMyCmpAn
2010-03-28, 04:44 PM
Yes, actually.

Axani from dragon 297 are a LA+1 planetouched race with a bonus to intelligence and wisdom. As per Player's Guide to Faerun, you can reduce the LA of a planetouched race by 1 by making them into a lesser planetouched, changing outsider type to humanoid, adding a weakness to outsider-targeting spells, and losing darkvision.Full Stats or page please?

TheMadLinguist
2010-03-28, 11:32 PM
Full stats would violate the GPL. It's a whole article (eight total planetouched). Should be listed in the ToC.