PDA

View Full Version : Spell Source(Divine)

Sydonai
2010-03-28, 02:29 PM
The sources of a divine spellcaster's spells.(Although their characters worships these source's the players should not)

#1: "Powers"("Beings of Divine Rank" any)
#2: Archdevils(Baatezu LE)
#3: Demon princes(Tana'ri, Obyryth CE)
#4: The Celestial Hebdomad(Archons LG)
#5: Talisid and the Five Companions(Guardinals NG)
#6: The Court of Stars(Eladrin CG)

But this leaves out some rather important beings/things, like the Slaad Lords(CN), Primus(LN), the original Yugoloths(NE), the Elemental Lords(?), and Universal Concepts(any).

If we include Eberron then things get even more complicated, with Ancestor worship, worship of Deathless/Undead, Dragons, ect.

Please help complete this list. Any sourse material made by WOTC is valid, but please list your source.

lightningcat
2010-03-28, 06:35 PM
Deities and Demigods mentions one philosophy (the Acadamy), but you could lump that in with the Universal Concepts category.
Likewise, there are those who gain their power from entire pantheons, specifically mentioned for goliaths in Races of Stone, but I'm sure its mentioned elsewhere as well.
And while I can't find the specific reference, I believe the Elder Evils can provide divine power as well
If you step into Dark Sun, you have the Elements and the Sorcerer-Kings that provide divine power.

Sydonai
2010-03-29, 06:04 PM
Eberron has Pantheon worship to. I beleive that I mentioned the Elements, but I can't beleive that I gorgot the Elder Evils and Sorcerer-Kings.

Do you know what domains they provide, their alignments?