PDA

View Full Version : D&D 4e homebrew player race--Vulcans.

Spinning_Rings
2010-03-30, 03:13 PM
I worked on this with a guy (girl? G.I.R.L.? Canadian, anyway) called The Squid over on Dragon Avenue (The thread's called "4e -- Are you out of you're Vulcan mind?" if you want to see it.) I couldn't find this online, so I decided to do it myself.

If anybody has any comments or suggestions, please share. Feel free to use this in your campaign, just let me know so I can feel validated.

Vulcan

Racial Traits
Average Height: 5’6”–6’2”
Average Weight: 135–220 lb.

Ability Scores: +2 Intelligence, +2 Strength
Size: Medium
Speed: 6 squares
Vision: Normal

Languages: Common, Vulcan, choice of one other
Skill Bonuses: +2 Arcana, +2 History

Mind Meld: You gain the Mind Meld encounter power.
Vulcan Education: You gain training from one additional skill that depends on INT or WIS.
Vulcan Weapon Proficiency: You gain proficiency with crossbows, guns and lasers.
Vulcan Discipline: You have a +5 racial bonus to saving throws against being charmed.

Mind Meld:
With a touch to the face, you join your mind to the target’s, allowing you to transfer information from your mind to his and from his to yours. Should you so choose, you can also do deliberate damage to the target’s psyche.
Encounter, Psychic
Standard Action, Melee
Target: one creature
Int vs Will
Hit: Should you decided to do damage at any time while your minds are linked, 1d10 + Intelligence modifier psychic damage. Roll a d20. On a 10 or lower, you take 2d12 - Intelligence score psychic damage.

Play a Vulcan if you want:

* To be awesome.
* To be able to say things like “Live long and prosper” without sounding like an idiot.
* To cause the entire group to burst out laughing just by saying things like “He’s dead, Jim.” Even if that was McCoy’s line. Also, you’d have to convince the human to name his character Jim first. Assuming anybody even wants to play a human.
* To think situations through logically and figure out who the real villain is long before the DM thought you would, cutting the adventure short.

Physical Qualities:
Think humans with elf ears and sexy eyebrows.

Playing A Vulcan:

Centuries ago (Sarcastic surprised exclamation mark!) the Vulcan council decided that the planet was becoming overpopulated, and sent out several vessels to populate other worlds. One of those vessels was struck by a meteorite en route to it’s destination, and the ship crash landed into an insignificant little blue-green planet somewhere out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable spiral arm of the galaxy. The ship’s communication equipment was destroyed, along with it’s engines and half it’s crew.

Most magic the Vulcans knew about was done by computer. Drawing symbols, performing chants and mixing reagents by hands was seen as unbecomingly primitive, but the survivors were forced to adapt. The set up a settlement and maintained it, waiting for rescue from the home world.

The Vulcans have remained a mostly secluded culture, but try to stay on friendly terms with the other races. The goal of the settlement is to survive.

Vulcan adventurers are not unheard of, but are rare. Usually, the journey to gain power and wealth to protect and support the Vulcan community, now a country known as New Vulcan Five.

There are other Vulcans who live outside of New Vulcan Five, mainly diplomats, xenobiologists and anthropologists, studying the culture, psychology and physiology of the other races and countries.

Vulcan names:
Spock is the only Vulcan name. Period. The other Vulcans on Star Trek made up names to keep from confusing the humans.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-03-30, 07:21 PM
Lol, I LOVE it. :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin:!!!
Its awesome I'm soooooo gunna play a Vulcan.
NERDS ARE AWESOME!

Jack of Spades
2010-03-30, 08:07 PM
Play a Vulcan if you want:

* To be awesome.
* To be able to say things like “Live long and prosper” without sounding like an idiot.
* To cause the entire group to burst out laughing just by saying things like “He’s dead, Jim.” Even if that was McCoy’s line. Also, you’d have to convince the human to name his character Jim first. Assuming anybody even wants to play a human.
* To think situations through logically and figure out who the real villain is long before the DM thought you would, cutting the adventure short.

Physical Qualities:
Think humans with elf ears and sexy eyebrows.

...dee doo dee other stuff....

Vulcan names:
Spock is the only Vulcan name. Period. The other Vulcans on Star Trek made up names to keep from confusing the humans.

I woulda just looked over this and went meh, but then I saw how amazing this is :smallbiggrin: