PDA

View Full Version : Extend Rage or Additional Rage [DnD]

WeeFreeMen
2010-03-31, 08:11 AM
Title pretty much says it all. Im looking between these two feats and I can't decide what I like more.

Since Im using Imperious Command [Intimidation Build] the Extended range synergies well with Intimidating rage, giving +5 more rounds than normal to the Cower/Shaken affect.

On the other hand, Extra rages / day allows me to do exactly that. Rage +2 times a day, which in turn is +2 more Intimidating rage opportunity.

I just can't decide so I turn to the wisdom of the forum. Im actually leaning on + Rages a day, as nice as +5 rounds of Shaken would be. It should be dead before 2-3 rounds.

Thoughts? Ideas?
As always, thank you for the insight.

AtwasAwamps
2010-03-31, 08:22 AM
Depends. How long does your rage last now? Standard rage, the one the barbarian comes with, can last a long time, depending on your con. I find that 10 rounds of it will suffice for most combats. But if you’re using a variant, such as Whirling Frenzy, you don’t get boosted con, so extend range might be worthwhile.

ghost_warlock
2010-03-31, 08:29 AM
If you can't use rage in every combat encounter, what's the point of having it?

WeeFreeMen
2010-03-31, 08:30 AM
Its a home brew class. Thug. That uses "Recklessness" but he said I can treat it as rage for feat purposes.

It lasts 2 Rounds + 2 Rounds / Class Level.
So currently 4 rounds. At lv2. 6 rounds. and so fourth.

AtwasAwamps
2010-03-31, 08:47 AM
Its a home brew class. Thug. That uses "Recklessness" but he said I can treat it as rage for feat purposes.

It lasts 2 Rounds + 2 Rounds / Class Level.
So currently 4 rounds. At lv2. 6 rounds. and so fourth.

If it scales by class level, you don't need Extend. You'll quickly have nigh-infinite rage. Take Extra Rage.